1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Chemo in February 2013: February Valentines

aml46

Re: Starting Chemo in February: February Valentines

FEC 4, Day 2 (cold cap abandoned after round 2 and tax cancelled!)

Got round 4 yesterday, first attempt had trouble with vein, young nurse said i had a nice juicy one near thumb, i couldnt see a vein but she said she could feel it so off she went, then when the saline was put in hand swelled up and i actually yelped in pain (i try to be the stoic one who pretends nothing hurts!), so juicy vein was obviously no vein!!! 2nd attempt, different nurse, different vein worked fine thankfully.

Felt crap afterwards and last night though, really sore woozy head and bloated painful tummy, well from right below boobs to tummy actually - took 2 paracetomal, 1 dulcolax and 1 sleeping tablet before bed and managed decent sleep and woke up feeling ok today, even managed to meet friend for dinner tonight 🙂

I clippered my hair after round 2 coz despite cold cap i had too many bald patches not to wear a wig - i have not lost much hair since, i even had to shave my legs the other day as too many pesky stray ones were growing. I still have most of my eyebrows and lashes but like most of you they are a bit of a mess as i lose a few from each every day. Like most of you nose and bowels are also a pain and also waterworks, if i need, i need to get there fast as like previously posted once it starts there is no stopping it.

I keep considering putting pic up as it is really nice to put faces to all the posts, i am just a bit nervous coz anyone can read the posts without having to log in and although everyone knows about my BC, not everyone knows how i really feel about it or how i am really coping with treatment both emotionally and physically.

Off now to take another 2 paracetomal, dulcolax and sleeing tablet -so i shouldnt need a sleep fairy to visit coz the drugs should do their stuff , so hopefully that means there is one spare to visit whoever needs it.

Luv checking in here every morning and evening to see how everyone is doing, poems, tips, support, good days and bad days it really helps to feel you are not alone in this crazy adventure none of us signed up for!

Aml xx
millymolly_m

Tup and Nip glad today went ok for you. Nip, I got a wheelchair ride to x-ray but without my head covering - was frozen as it was so cold down there compared to the day ward.
Linda, sorry to hear about the tummy grumbles but better out than in!!!!!
Sandra, hope the emotions weren't all bad ones and that you feel ok.
BlueRose and AML46 hope you both got on ok with treatment on Tuesday.
I too have to have a constant supply of tissues. Sometimes the drip is so sudden I'm too late. I feel so disgusting but am so glad I'm not alone and that, however horrid we feel, knowing others understand and can even have a laugh about it is such a comfort.
Bring on the boobs, bowels, bogies, bums and belching!
Have a peaceful night full of sweet dreams.
M
Xx
Nipinuk

FEC 75 cycle 1 day 21
thank you Linda! You made me laugh. Needed it as I was feeling sorry for myself. Arm aching n sore. It took 2 attempts. Was in hospital for 3 hours. Thought I'd be in and out ichild are so luckily one of he mums was happy to have the kids for longer.
picc was inserted without ultrasound guidance. Walked to xray ward without my hat on as it was itchy and hot and found out it had gone too far in so had to wait for onc to say how much to pull out - 8 cm! Anyway, what got me down was my bloods, neuts was only 0.5. Got to go in first thing tomorrow for more bloods n chemo probably will be delayed.
mandy hope you feel better soon.
sandra - that is such a lovely pic with your grandsons!
kath - thank you for the kind words. I really hope you retain your lovely arch eyebrows too. That's a lovely wedding poem. Bet Rachel cried.
Jen - really great to hear your nails are fine. Got a friend who did 3 rounds of tax and her finger nails had huge ridges and became quite dark. 3 weeks later they're looking pink and the ridges have gone down. Is it great how our body can heal itself?
featherbird / I've got lots of bald patches now and wake up to a pillow full of stubble! I hope I don't lose my eyebrows and lashes.
take care n hugs to all x
featherbird

Lovely photo of you and your grandsons Sandra. Happy for photo to be on here now my daughter knows all. Still trying to upload the baldie one she took,last night, i`m not normally such a dimwit, or is it the norm chemo brain. lol x
Lola65

No Sandra - it was just the diarrhoea making my tummy grumble. It all cleared when I emptied my bowels! (sorry, too much info) No meds needed.
Guest user
Not applicable

Jen....yep a permanent drippy nose is the norm for me as well.... never needed to tuck a hankie up my sleeve before..lol

Kath.... that definately made me smile after the day Ive had....must go and weigh myself as well.. but would we dare to put on here how much we have put on weightwise..lol.... and I love my new photo... me and the grandsons were having a sleepover.. so much fun!!!

Tup....glad that it all went well... Ive never heard of shoving arm in bucket of hot water though... weird and wonderful methods eh?

Linda... keep going well hun.... did they give you anything for upset tummy?? I seem to suffer that way more than the sicky end

Chris... my nurse suggested a good old fashioned way of cleaning... good old surgical spirits!! diluted of course.. use on everything apparently... saves a fortune in all these sprays etc

Had a rather emotional day today so many apologies if Ive missed any postings etc.. but I send much love and fairy hugs to one and all xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lola65

FEC and now it posts twice LOL
Lola65

Gremlins. Post crossed with those above, yet again! Hope you Ok soon Mandy. You will appreciate it big time eventually.
Lola65

Ah all those of you on Tax that have lost hair - might have been your other combination drug, not the tax. Mine is Carboplatin and the info says "allopecia very occasionally" for Carbo. I have my fingers crossed I will be one of the 20% even though I cut most of it off already! or am I clutching at straws???????

Mandy, so sorry you are in pain. Take some pain killers for now and speak to someone tomorrow. My port has settled down now. I had it done last Wednesday. It hurt for maybe 2 days. It was a bit swollen and bruised, tender to the touch. But that has all gone and i don't even notice it is there - and my stitches are still in the wound.

Jen - blimey. Nearly finished and still got your brows and lashes! And I recall those knitting needles very clearly!!
millymolly_m

Awww! Thanks Jo for getting back to me. Glad yours is OK now - hope everything is going well for you.
I think I'm being a bit of a wus 'cothree line was a bit unexpected and I haven't done a lot of research into it so now I'm panicking. Took a second dose of paracetamol when OH came home from work, although it was only 4 1/2 hours after first and I feel a bit les sore now. Am being an impatient patient again!
M x
Guest user
Not applicable

Mandy,

My hickman didn't hurt when it was inserted, after the local wore off I had quite a sore neck and felt a bit bruised for a couple of days, but it wasn't too bad, definitely no where near as bad as my mx with ANC. Hope yours improves soon.

Jo
x
featherbird

Good luck for tomorrow Mandy, hope everything goes smoothly and its a walk in the park for you.x
Chris, glad you are feeling so much better this time. x
Linda, pleased you are doing ok. x
Kath, still have my eybrows and lashes but hair went big time day 12/14 on round 1 and by end round 2 like a bald chicken down in the yard. Fingers crossed you won`t loose any more. x
Lisag

Linda wish I was one of those 20% but my onc said I'd defo lose my hair!! and i did from day 13 .
Lucky you Jen Ive two more to go. I've found this one harder than the first and hoping its not setting a pattern.
Really sorry I cant help you millymolly, hope you're more comfortable tomorrow. big hugs
Lisa xx
millymolly_m

Anyone else had a Hickman line fitted? It hurt when the nice lady did it - even with local anaesthetic. Now I'm home and the numbness has worn off it hurts more than any of my BC ops did. Anyone got any idea how long it'll hurt?
😞
M x
Guest user
Not applicable

Nearing end of TCHx4 treatment - now on Day 7 of last one. My nails have been fine, only some white ridges, no nail varnish. Hair all gone, but the good news is I have my eyebrows & lashes! The one S/E that I forget to mention (probably gotten so used to it!) on this regime is a constant dried out, but also a constant drippy, nose! I think it's herceptin doing this. Remember Blackadder with the knitting needles up his nose? Well, it's tissues attached to nose instead!
Jen
Lola65

Tax and hair loss.
I have not been offered a wig prescription as yet and cold cap has never been mentioned. I was told I may not lose my hair at all - by the oncologist and also the nurse. I didn't believe them so I looked it up. It does seem to be fact that 20% do not lose their hair. But I don't know how this reacts after a course of FEC.
poemsgalore

Fec T
3 Fec finished, Tax - 1

Took all my steroids this morning, and later I'm going to daub the black varnish on my finger nails. I say daub, as I will probably get it everywhere as I'm hopeless at doing it, especially on my right hand.

It took three goes to post that last poem, even using the WORD thingy, it kept making it all one verse when it should be four!!

Linda, I had heard that Tax was harder on the hair, was hoping to get rid of the fuzzy bits, but would like to keep my fantastic arched eyebrows. I would be plucking them for hours to get that look before - as you all know, I am quite a hairy lady normally!!! Not a good look!!!

Tup, when red cells are a low (anaemia) you can feel tired. But I think they are more concerned about white cells. They only get concerned about red cells being low if you have regular nose bleeds, or any other excessive bleeding (cuts, grazes etc) which you will want to avoid. Glad you Fec 3 went well.

I'm loving ALL the new photos, it's nice to see featherbird at last, and Sandra's new one, Nipinuk too, you look gorgeous, all of you. But still can't remember what you all looked like at the beginning of our journey.

Hoping for minimum SEs for all of us, and double quota of sleep fairies please, I think I'll have Titania and Tinkerbell tonight please.

Love Kath xxxx
Lola65

3 down Tup. Half way there. Happy your bloods were good. I do feel for everyone having to put up with cannulas. I cannot believe how easy it was with my port, even though it was a horrible experience having it fitted. Have a lovely snuggle down and hope the sleep fairy visits you. I would also have asked for a sleeping tablet. More sleep = less fatigue. xxxxxx

What a lovely poem Kath.
Yankee

Love your new pic Sandra!!! XXXX Louise
poemsgalore

Thought you might like to read this one, I wrote it specially for my son's wedding in August 2011. Read it out at the end of the ceremony.
A Celebration

Let's have a celebration
for the marriage here today
of Jonathan and Rachel,
for their love and harmony.

We've heard them make their promises,
full of joy and pride,
we see them look so happy,
our son and his new bride.

Welcome, Rachel, to our family.
Welcome to our hearts.
Take our best wishes with you
as your life together starts.

You've made plans for your future,
a lifetime filled with laughter.
Today we share your pleasure,
and wish you 'Happy Ever After'.

Kath xxx
Tuppence

FEC3 day 1
Just arrived home after having FEC 3 ! I was so releaved that my bloods were ok! In fact they were better than last time - so the overpowering fatigue is not an indicator of poor blood ?
The onc and the nurses were very attentive and it was all very doable. The cannula was in at first attempt this time. (After having my arm in bucket of very hot water)! I have been given low dose sleeping tablet to help me get more sleep in during first week.

Thinking of you tomorrow Mandy x Hope your Hickman line speeds experience up.

Hope all Vals are well as possible. I'm going to snuggle down in duvet now.
Love
Tup x
Lola65

LOL Kath, I always strip off, and take my watch off!!!

Tax isn't as harsh on the hair as FEC. Only 80% of patients lose their hair on Tax. Fact. Your brows may be safe. Fingers crossed.
poemsgalore

Weighed myself this morning, I've put on 5lbs must weigh myself in the nud, winter clothes weigh SO much !!! Does anyone know if I will lose rest of eyebrows, eyelashes and my bit of fuzzy fringe when I'm on Tax? Putting my black nail varnish on later. Will post more news later.
Lola65

TCH cycle 1 day 2

Very early days still, and waiting for the Centurion Tank to hit me tomorrow or Friday, but so far so good. Just a mild episode of diarrhoea this morning with slight churning tummy, but soon settled down and no meds needed.

Great news Mandy. Your future infusions will be a breeze now. Good luck with the chemo tomorrow. The weather is improvong, so any duvet days could be spent in the garden listening to the birds!

Chris, your body is a Temple! Whatever you are doing, keep up the good work and stay germ free! The black nail varnish is for people on Tax. That is the baddy with nails normally because it is light sensitive - that's why the chemo bags are covered up with grey or black covers.

Enjoy the sun, Linda xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

FEC3 D3 c/cx
Afternoon Valentines
Had No.3 monday,had to wait an hour beyond appt time,then another hour before drugs administered,so busy at Southend 25 chairs filled twice some three times in a day!Nurse put line into vein on underside of forearm.She said not many nurses use these veins as not so easy to see but they are there.Was fine,used different sites each time maybe why I have had no problems re vein pain.Nice remark from her,said was it my first visit,replied 3rd,whispered to me my hair looks so natural,made me feel good,(thanks to good wig lady).She then remembered me when I said about the Valentines.Told me that I was lucky to still have some hair as Epirubicin is the drug that makes hair fall out.It is still coming out a brushful a day,but not lightbulb head yet.Eyelashes and brows still thinning.
Got Omeprazole,took yest morning first thing,didn't work all day,was in agony with acid,had to resort to old remedies and milk.Must have kicked in now as was fine all night and took another this morning and am fine,what a relief.Was woken up night before with acid and vomit rising up my gullet YUK!!!
Feel so much better this round,still had red face,slept yest afternoon,not getting up til 10.00,but feel that a shower,makeup and hair on helps me feel more normal.Not got the horrible taste and funny tongue this timedon't know why.Nails have been very dry,have taken polish off,I don't need the black,have been putting hand cream on them.Having porridge and tinned prunes for breakfast to keep everything moving,as all of you with bottom problems make me paranoid on toilet regularity.
I know that lots of you are going to town on bleaching and hand wash etc but I must have a pretty strong constitution as I am not doing anything extra and touch wood have been infection free,and thats with animals and children coming in straight from working with their horses.Wish I could pass on some of my resiliance to you all.
I am glad those of you that have had to pop to hospital have managed to get home.
Linda and others glad you are getting on with treatments.
A few days away is such a good tonic if we can manage it,I plan a few days with my sister in Suffolk in couple of weeks.Next FEC 29thApril bloods permitting.Meeting with enc next weds,Trip to Chelmsford tues with youngest daughter to passport office for ID interview,her first passport,although we have take her girls all over the world!!The other days next week are filed with visits from much loved friends.Text is brilliant for keeping in touch,I can inform everyone when treatment done,in one go.They all reply which is lovely.
Featherbird lovely to see pic.
Kath lovely poems,keep posting xxxx
Anyone worrying about cleaning,just do one little bit that will make you feel happier,and ask others to do a particular job,men especially are proven not to notice things we can see need doing.
I hope everyone keeps well as possible and side effects are managed.Much love and hugs to all ((((<3)))) Chrisxxx
millymolly_m

FEC2 day 21
Hickman line fitted by the lovely ladies at Christie. Home and OK but a bit achy. Blood tests back and apparently good to go for FEC3 Tomorrow. I'm sure I'm glad about it but part of me wanted to be postponed as I've felt so poorly on my good days this time and am just coming round.
Hope everyone else went on OK and is feeling SE free.
M x
chaddi1

Good luck today Mandy are you at the christie the procedure team there are lovely. holding your hand hun hope to see you tomoro before or after we have had our chemo. Cleaning well what can I say when my mum was having her chemo she constantly had bleach and cloth in her hands cleaning door handle so yeh it has rubbed I too have hand washes near doors and wipes all over house and on good days attempt a good clean often ending up doing a bit then sittting down then a bit more by end off day worn out but house done, Hope all vals have a lovely day SE free and enjoy the sun xx
Karen xx
Guest user
Not applicable

fec x6 round 3 day15

morning ladies

well i must be doing something wrong cos im losing weight instead of putting it on...lol... its driving me nuts!!... I can afford to lose a few pounds but its 1.5 stone now.. I cant wait till my appetite returns properly.
Mandy/Karen will be holding hands with you today xx
And as for moaning on here... Ive not seen any moaning :-))))) wishing all vals a good day and hope the sun shines bright today xx

Linda... OCD cleaning in this house is overboard..OH put a table by the front door with all antiseptic and foam hand washes... I thought I was bad constantly steralising kitchen work tops...bless him... but its working.. visitors and family are actually remembering to do their hands..might keep it up when this is all over and done with.. Oh and the obsession with the toilets... well... got more wipes and bleach in there than loo roll....lmao
Nipinuk

Mandy - I used to go to Sheffield to see friend during uni days. Was studying in Huddersfiled. I think you might be a bit anxious about tomorrow. I felt extra tired n had a v long nap, over 2.5 hours! I'm holding your hand tomorrow Mandy while we both have our lines in. My boys were doing my head in with the arguing at bedtime. Think they're anxious too, especially younger one who seem to come by becoming more aggressive.
too tired to write more as just finished a long post on the match thread.
night everyone xx
Lola65

Not entirely sure what Fec you are on today Mandy but great you managed the drive to Sheffield and back. I love that road over Snake. We often go to Ladybower for a day out. My advice is eat what the hell you like as long as it doen't give you food poisoning. You can do something about your weight when you finish. I've put 4lbs on and only started chemo today
Who's moany? Not you. xxxxxx
millymolly_m

FEC2 Day 19 I think (FEC3 -2)

Good luck to those being mucked about with tomorrow. Great you're OK Linda and that you escaped Lisa.
I managed to get YS back to Sheffield on time and enjoyed the drive back in the sunshine but am exhausted now. Feeling a bit sorry for myself - got that 'how can I go online this for so long' feeling. Am very aware that I'm eating too much of the wrong things and putting on weight but I don't seem to have the self control to stop. Ate a whole bag of yoghurt coated banana chips on the way back fro Sheffield. Why? Felt quite sick by the last one. I must be stupid!
Love your pic Featherbird and your lovely co-ordinated look Elaine.
Take care everyone. Sorry if I'm a bit moany tonight!
MMM x x
Lola65

Night night Karen Val Chad!!!!!!!!!

Nighty night everyone, sleep tight, hope the bugs don't bite xxxxxxxx
Lisag

They needed to call the Fire Brigade Linda I'd caused that much smoke getting away! lol I did mention my neck but this is a side effect ti the injections!! along with bone pain.
chaddi1

Linda - good that ur feeling fine hoping it stays this way and your SE are few. I am so glad I have this sitet although I dont post often I follow everyday and feel that you are all part off my life. Due to have FEC3 on Thurs with Mandy and yes I am dreading it but know there is no choice but to carrying on with this sh---y thing. as we all do. I have just notice I am signed as chaddi 1 this is my new laptop and I had set up account a valji 1 also dont know where that has gone lol but anyway I am the same person.
Kath - I love your poems you have a lovely talent. Wishing all you lovely valentines a good night and lets hope the sleep fairies arrives
Karen (valji1 / chaddi1)
Lola65

Phew Lisa - congratulations! Did you break the mile world record?
Have you sorted your sore neck?
Lisag

phew made it home! given a course if antibiotics to start as found blood in my urine. bloods came back ok so i legged it pretty damn quick lol. hope everyones ok.Lisa xx
Lola65

Fek. Just lost a whole post. grrrrrrrr and I'm on my PC.

I was trying to say:

Featherbird - thanks for the offer. I will be taking you up on it when my side effects kick in.

Elaine - I am the same as you. I have developed OCD as regards germs. Everything in sight gets sprayed with antiseptic spray. Hubby has now put a notice on the porch door - Wash your hands. Remove your shoes. No kissing. Welcome anyway!

Sandra - the Naproxen side effects sound really nasty. I know my GP only prescribes a month at a time with no repeats. I have to ring if I need more. She also prescribes me the Omeprazole to take with them to avoid the tummy problems. I only take them periodically when my hip gets really bad. It isn't a problem most of the time.

Karen - don't take them on same day as your chemo steroids, nor Ibuprofen, codeine or anything similar.

I had loads of other stuff. Should have used Word and copied it. Sorry, I did have snippets to say to everyone.

So far so good. 10 hours since Tax. Feeling fine. No nausea. Hugs, and thanks for all your words of support. Linda xxxxx xxx
featherbird

You are so right Kath, it`s the devil and the deep blue sea for us all with all these these decisions, and I`m sure you will make the one that`s right for you.
Know what you mean Elaine, I start cleaning thinking i`m fit for a long run and manage about 10 mins before putting everything back in the cupboards again,
Thanks Louise but i might just be harping on wishful thinking. lol Going to get my lovely daughter to take an upto date one this evening, whether or not i get it onto the site is another thing.
Glad you`re feeling better Karen, Tax is a bit of a blighter. Stay strong hun, you`re nearly there. x
Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks for the warnings I will use ibroprofen mainly but on my bad days 3-8 intend to take it then ,I did notice I got heartburn so took an extra omoprazole ! Saying that I'm going to discuss it with my onc before round 2 just to be sure . I have arthritis in my joint below big toe & can't bend it , its agony some days but I've lived with it for years , I've noticed it's nowhere near as raised or painful since chemo ..I'm hoping it stays like that for a while when I'm better & I'm going to go out & celebrate with the highest pair of killer heels I can find !! ( I appreciate arthritis in big toe despite painful & inconvenient when choosing shoes is not as serious as what others may go through x )
Yankee

Gosh Kath, of course I'm not saying your're suicidal, with those gorgeous poems you are incredibly positive. I, however, as a lifelong melancholic, might just be if there's too much pain! However, I would never do it!!!!
Louise
Guest user
Not applicable

OOoooo Naproxen... Linda I was taking it for years for my arthritis in spine and hips... over time I lost 4 stone I put it down to stress.. but nope.. it seems the Naproxen ripped my stomach lining and I ended up with gastritis resulting in the weight loss... so please be careful Karen.. any signs then see GP again hun xx
Lola65

Karen - be careful with Naproxen. It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, (NSAIS) similar to Ibuprofen and Codeine. It reacts badly with some steroids, especially Dexamethasone, which is the one I get for chemo. I checked especailly because I take Naproxen for my arthritic hip. I have had to stop during the period I am taking the Dexamethasone. However I agree - it is brilliant for joint pain. It also causes heart burn and tummy burn, so you will need your Omprezoles!
poemsgalore

Louise, are you suggesting I have suicidal tendencies...lol Must be all those miserable poems I post. Think I'll stick with paracetomol. I'm still taking my Leflunomide, but only 10mg and not 20mg.

Jen, my favourite Keats poem is La Belle Sans Merci - which Google just translated as the beautiful woman without thank you!! And all the paintings of it and the Lady Of Shallot, particularly by the Pre Rapaelite Brotherhood (also like John Waterhouse paintings)
Guest user
Not applicable

Day 8 tax 1
thankfully I can report that for today I am feeling the best I have since my first tax . Ive taken peg leg Annie bowling with friends , pizza express & then home & baked cakes .. Could barely get off the sofa yesterday so I'm feeling so happy to have at least one day in the school hols as fun !!
I have started to take neproxin which is like diclafenic & those who are starting tax all I can say is if u get nasty pains don't suffer get extra pain relief from your gp . Mouth still manky & defo losing lashes & brows . I'm happy to have my next tax if it's just days 3-8 of misery ... Not that I have much choice lol !!! but in the midst of all my pain etc I was wondering how I'd cope with another 2 rounds!!!
sorry this is not personal to anyone but I am thinking of you all & good luck to everyone having treatment this week
karen x
Guest user
Not applicable

Kath, the beauty of John Keats... his 'Ode to a Nightingale' has been often in my mind during treatment!
Elaine, it probably will be an autumn-clean!
I use co-codamol for pains - but not too often, because it can make you constipated.
Kayteeb53

Hi all, just popping in from the October pumpkins to wish you all well and to hope your side effects are minimal, most of the pumpkins are at th end of our journey, but I remember how I felt at the start.
the friendship of each other and shared experiences by others that 'know' is invaluable.
if it feels like it is never ending, have a look at some of the other threads and be reassured.
take care all, rest when you need to, be selfish antall ok after yourselves.
kay x
ps I didn't buy the wig in the profile pic!
Guest user
Not applicable

Jen, I have had to learn that my family's idea of clean is no where near to mine! I'm sure no one judges me on the state of my home at the moment but it doesn't stop winding me up or stop me worrying about infections! Maybe I'll learn to be less house proud through this but at the moment I'm so looking forward to a time when I am up to a a damn good spring clean! (Even if it is autmn by the time that happens!)
Glad you got your drugs Kath! All set for Tax then! I am hoping that risk of damage is out weighed by good that rads do! I know I will be having rads to whats left of breast tissue and armpit on left hand side I have been told it's "easy" compared to chemo but I'm not looking forward the daily trek to a hospital that's not so close to home! Just hope the good that it does is worth it, they wouldn't recommend it otherwise......would they? Still loving the poems, even the one that wasn't a Kath special 🙂
Linda, I have just been told by tempory onc that I am in fact on FEC-T and the retired onc gave me the wrong leaflet!! Who to trust??? So as far as I know now I have 3 x Docetaxel (Taxotere) to go. Really glad to hear your morning went well! xx
Lovely pic Featherbird!
Elaine x
Moya

Hi poemsgalore
Love your poems - you have a real talent.
I saw your comment about choosing rads to the underarm area rather than more surgery (axillary node clearance) and just wanted to say that my surgeon said rads did more damage than surgery (I was worried about lymphoedema). Now, maybe he would say that because he is a surgeon but it may be worth researching a bit before deciding. On the other hand, I had the surgery, and do now have lymphoedema.
xx

featherbird

TC X 6 Cycle 3 day 5
Sooo pleased all went ok for you Linda, and that it stays that way. If you need to ask anything im here, dont know that i will be of any use to you mind, but im ready and willing. x
Its about time you kicked the hosp into touch Sandra. lol. x
Kath, the steroids make my face and neck red but they work well against the sickness. x
Got the itches this time though, dont know what thats all about.
Thought I would give a pic at last. Need to take a baldie one though. struggling with the tecnology a bit doh
Guest user
Not applicable

Glad yout TC (and herceptin) infusions went smoothly Linda - it's a long old treatment, but I hope your SE's are few.
Jen