and tore our lives apart.
But deep inside our heart
forever we will keep,
whether wakeful or asleep,
precious thoughts of you,
Our Sandra, strong and true.

poemsgalore

Re: Starting Chemo in February 2013: February Valentines

Hi Pam, have you posted this in the March 2013 thread? It's called  "Spring into March".

poemsgalore 

Pammyx

Nipinuk
Can I ask to join the Facebook page for marchies 2013 and how do I do it
Best wishes pam
Lola65

Sending love and gentle hugs to Sandra and her family. xxx

poemsgalore

Sending love to all the Valentines, especially Sandra, our very special Valentine sister. Forever in our hearts. xxx

Gill_567

Also from me Sandra. Always in my thoughts. xx

millymolly_m

Sending love and gentle hugs to Sandra. Sweet dreams for a sweet lady. Xxxx
aml46

Your entitled to rant, you have had rotten time of it, but you still somehow managed to keep your sense of humour. Luv and hugs kath xxx
poemsgalore

Well, as all you lovely Vals know, I have had an awful fortnight!! My pseudomonas has come back big time and put me back in hospital. Now back home administering my own intravenous antibiotics. Lovely job, sterilizing my work area and shoving 4 syringes full of saline, antibiotic, saline again, then heparin into my line, three times a day. Plus using my nebulizer. Ya know something, sounds awful I know, but I had far less trouble with my BC. I'm angry because Bronchiectasis is incurable as is pseudomonas. This will happen time and time again. Sorry for the rant, but although I finish my IVs tomorrow - this could come back next month, and the month after ad-infinitum. 

Kath xx

Nipinuk

Great to hear from you Louise and wonderful that you enjoyed catching up with all the valentines. There were 8 of us Marchies yesterday. We had yummy dim sum. It was so lovely to meet ladies we've shared so much with over the year.

I'm well although memory is really bad and I have to keep waxing my hairy face (tamoxifen SE)!

Take care all x

Yankee

Nipinuk -- yes Birmingham was great!  Much nicer city than I had ever thought.  There were 15 of us there.  Mandy played a big part, organising the Saturday lunch, but Linda, sadly, couldn't make it -- this time.  I didn't go by train, my Husband drove me and then had a great time at the Air Force Museum, while I idled away lovely hours with the Valentines!  Hope you are well,  with love, Louise

Nipinuk

Great to hear you had a great time in Birmingham! Did you go on the train Louise? Was Linda n Mandy there too? How lovely that you all met up!

A few of us from Mar 2013 are meeting in London tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it!

Take care ladies!
Gill_567

It was lovely to meet more 2013 Valentines in person at the weekend. You really are all an amazing bunch of women.Once again my gratitude to BCC for bringing us all together on the forum a year ago. xx

Yankee

Birmingham seems to still be standing after a frontal attack from a formation of Valentines!  Everyone who was there seemed to have a really good time and there was talk about organizing another date, when hopefully even more of us can be present!!!

aml46

poemsgalore

Hope you all have a great time in Birmingham. xxxx

aml46

Heading off shortly to Birmingham to spend a weekend with "the wonderful valentines".

Very thankful to BCC forum which lead me to both GABBies and the valentines xx
poemsgalore

Well, as all the Valentines now know, I couldn't stay away for long. I've now come to terms with the fact that I'm not doing as well as I thought I was emotionally. I have changed on the outside, but inside the old fears and worries are still there. So thankfully I'm back on the fb page again Woman Very Happy

We have to learn our lessons the hard way some time. xxx

Yankee

Gill, you remind me that when we were really in need, there were so many more Valentines -- Blue Rose, Halo B, Zuzu64, Jennier63, Blue Sky10, Sarahsmum, Honey22. Motogirl, lesley60, Nissier, jenane, Misspiggy16, tittlemouse,samlilies, DCD, featherbird, SuJo jnegusuk, Ciccia47, BMW07,Summer Storm, Maya1471, Fightingit, Inshock ,Gail500 and others, I .  I wish you all success and a much better year ahead!  with love and hugs

Gill_567

Given the date I thought it appropriate to wish all 2013 Valentines the very best whatever they're doing, wherever they are.

This time last year feels - on the one hand like yesterday - on the other like ages ago.

I do hope that all of the 50 or so women who posted here are doing well - hopefully with the best of news from first anniversary check-ups.

Take care all,

Gill x

Nipinuk

Dear Kath,

It's wonderful to hear that you got the all clear from the breast clinic. I'm so happy for you.

I'll miss your poems! Hearing you'll visit from time to time is great. I think many of us are getting used to the new me.

I wish you and all Valentines the bestest of the best this year and the coming years.

My mammogram was clear and follow up with breast surgeon (she examined me) was all clear too. I'm just finding it hard to move one believe it or not! Still not working even though we really need the income. I'll get there. I'm sure we all will.

Big hugs and lots of love,
Linda xx
Gill_567

Dear Kath,

You will be sorely missed but I respect your need to do whatever's right for you.

You will always be a Valentine to me and I thank you for all  your support and friendship over the last year or so.

Take care,

Gill x

aml46

Kath, We will miss you, but understand you need to do what's right for you. Best wishes, big hugs, and much love to you and your family - and, you will always be a valentine xxx
poemsgalore

I'm just here to say goodbye to the February Valentines. You have all been brilliant, but I now feel that I must move on. So, although I shall come here from time to time for a read and possibly post replies to newbies, I have left the Feb Val's facebook group. Wishing you all well for the future and hope you enjoy the February meet.

Love Kath. xxx

Tuppence

Congratulations Kath ! It's a good feeling isn't it. What a difference a year makes. X
poemsgalore

Just got back from the breast clinic. I saw the same nurse who did my original examination before DX. I didn't get an ultra sound, they only do that when they want to DX something. She felt all along my scar, then beneath my arm, all over the good breast and beneath that arm, then up the lymph glands in my chest/neck area. Smiled, said there's nothing there. See you next year. So I'm well chuffed with that.

Also waiting for her first annual check was the young girl who had her surgery the same day as I did. She looked fabulous. We wished each other well and are having our next year's appointment on the same day and time.

Nipinuk

Kath, all the best for next Weds and I'm sorry to hear about the pain on top of everything else. I've got a stinking headache (might be because I was hosting tea and cakes with mums from school this morning. I enjoyed it but I guess it has been awhile since I've run around after others 😉 )
Thank you so much for the link. I searched and searched but couldn't find it yesterday.

You're right Tup, it is sad to think there are other just embarking on this undesired journey. But without it, I wouldn't have learnt what truly matters.

Hugs all xx

poemsgalore

I feel sorry for them, but if they have as much support from one another and make such strong friendships as we have over this year, they will cope just fine. 

Tuppence

That's good idea Janet. It's so sad to think of another cohort beginning the journey.
Janet_BCC

Hi All,

I have added 2013 to your thread title to avoid any confusion- I dare say there will soon be a new thread for those members beginning chemo this February.

Hope that's ok

Best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

poemsgalore

Re: Starting Chemo in February: February Valentines

Hi Nip,

I'm cobbing it a bit as although my mammogram was ok in December, next Wednesday I have an appointment to have my MX side checked. I also have costochondritis, which is painful!! The prayer thread is here:

http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Living-with-breast-cancer/New-Prayers-thread-July-2010/m-p/4...

xx

Nipinuk

Louise, the detour is a bit too far as I'll be having boys with me 😉 will bear in mind if I go to near your way in the future.

Kath, how are you? I didn't realise there's a prayer thread. Thanks for mentioning it. Will search for it.

Have a lovely evening ladies! I'm watching Switch (romcom with Jennifer Anniston). Been decluttering and ironing so deserve the break me thinks!
poemsgalore

I haven't visited the prayer thread for ages. Must go and post a new prayer for our Sandra. xx

Yankee

About 40 mins away!  Other side of the 303 between Stockbridge and Salisbury.  Would love to see you if you are driving around!

Nipinuk

Mandy, Sandra has been in my thoughts too.

Happy New Year ladies! It's incredible to think we're all now having our follow up mammos, surgeon app, etc.

I hope you are all adjusting well to the new normal.

I've got a new hobby - gardening! Well, sort of as I've spent lots of time this winter reading up and salivating over what to grow!

Yankee, I'm thinking about going to the potato day in Whitchurch either on 25/26 Jan. do you live near there?

Take care all xx
millymolly_m

Have been reading through from the beginning this evening. Not read the whole thread but as I read my hear and thoughts go constantly to Sandra. In my prayers daily. Xxxx
millymolly_m

The 'standing close behind you' poem. It made me cry 'though!
poemsgalore

What's lovely Mandy???

millymolly_m

Lovely Kath xxx
millymolly_m

Hi from me too. Not been able to log on to the forum for a while but thought it was time I popped back in to say hi. Glad your doing OK. Xx
Yankee

Dear Blue Rose -- I tried to PM you, but with this new system it didn't seem to be accepted -- don't know why!  Just wondered if you wanted to be part of the Valentine's FB page -- sure that you would be welcome as you were one of the early ones posting on the thread!  I see from my old notes that you are from West Sussex and were being treated in Portsmouth.  I am in Hampshire and was treated in Southampton.  Had one-year-on meet with the surgeorn today and everything seems tickity-boo, so fingers crossed!  Hope things are going welll with you.  all the best,, Louise

poemsgalore

Oh blimey, it's just occurred to me that pretty soon there will be another February group formed!! How surreal will that be - wonder what they will call themselves poor s*ds.

BlueRose

Nice to hear from you too 🙂 I had mine in November - hard to believe over a year has gone by since this all started. I haven't got back to work yet but I am training again. I have an appointment to see ps soon regarding recon and am two thirds of the way through Herceptin. Be good to get back to some kind of normal.
Onwards and upwards ladies, 2014 is going to be a better one. Xxx
poemsgalore

Thank you BlueRose, we wish the same for you too. Most of us have either just had, are about to have, or waiting to have our first annual mammogram. Many of the younger ones (that leaves me out then) are beginning to go back to work. But most of us are on our way to a new normality and trying to adjust and get used to it. It's nice to hear from you.

Kath xx

BlueRose

Happy New Year to all of you lovely Valentines! I hope this year is a better one for all of us and wish you happiness and good health!!!!!

Thinking of you all. Xxxxx

Gill_567

Coming just a little late .... but wishing all the Valentines a peaceful and healthy 2014.

Gill xx

Lola65

I will also drink to that, Kath.

Wishing all the Vals a happier and healthier 2014. xxxxxxxxxx

Tuppence

I'll drink to that Kath. cheers ! Tup x
poemsgalore

We Valentines look forward
to a healthier New Year