cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Chemo in February 2013: February Valentines

4,410 REPLIES 4,410
BlueRose

Re: Starting Chemo in February 2013: February Valentines

Such a loss and so young. We lost a girl from ybcn two days ago too, also in her thirties with two children. It just doesn't make sense 😞
Yes Yankee I am from West Sussex but I travel a lot for my work and am currently in Germany although hoping to come home in a couple of weeks.
We find so much support from each other on groups like this...but it is so terrible when we lose someone.
Sending you all lots of love and thinking of Jo and her loved ones. Xx
Yankee

Our lovely Jo80's funeral will be on Friday.  Five of the Valentines are going to be able to attend.  We wish her peace and and end to pain.  What a wonderful and exceptional girl! Jo in the middleValentines Meet-up 2017 002.jpg

Yankee

Blue Rose -- so long since we have heard from you -- to be truthful, not many Valentines checkin on the forum anymore, but I am always drawn here when happy things happen and sad.  I think that you live fairly near me in W. Sussex -- I am in Hampshire, between Winchester and Romsey.  I -- all of us -- hope that you are well and living life as it ought to be lived.  We all have been supporting one another a whole lot over the last few days.  Jo is actually the fourth Valentine to not make it -- but she is the first one who we all had really gotten to know.   We are all reeling!  She was such a wonderful, vibrant, creative girl.  Only 36 -- young enough to be my grandaughter, and she leaves a 7 year old son.  It just breaks your heart!  Thank you for posting.

BlueRose

So, so sorry to hear this news.
Thinking of her loved ones and sending love to all of you. Xx
Becca_BCC

Hi Gill,

Thank you for sharing this sad news.

I hope you're all doing ok, take care, Becca at Breast Cancer Care.
aml46

Beautiful Kath ❤️
poemsgalore

Robin-bee.jpg.jpg

Tears are falling freely,why did you have to go?

You brought spring into our lives.

We always will remember you,

our darling baby Jo

Yankee

All the Valentines need each others hugs today with the loss of our darling Jo. Our youngest member, with so much life before her to live.  We are all devastated, but all feel our lives the richer for having known her.

aml46

Gill_567

It is with a massively heavy heart that I am posting the news we all didn't want to hear.

Our much loved and loving Valentine sister Jo (Jo80) passed away yesterday. She will be sorely missed and our love and thoughts are with her family at this very sad time. 

Gill xxxx

aml46

Just popping in and sending hugs to anyone who needs them 💞
Yankee

Just to let you know -- I was all clear and have been discharged.  Also good news today, one of our two Valentines who are battling secondaries sailed through her scan today with improvement and no further new lesions.  A good day all round!

Yankee

Drawn here tonight probably because I am in that terrible time between mammo and clinic appt to find out what it showed!  No real reason to think I have a problem -- but will never be free of doubt again!  All the statistics ever talk about is 5 year survival rate -- and our 5 years are coming up.  Dark times!  To rewrite the old adage "Breast cancer is for life, not just during treatment". To be a bit more positive -- most of the 2013 Valentines -- including me -- are still here and leading meaningful lives.  I think that we can't really complain!

aml46

Just popping in to say hi to any bald that still check in here. And to any newbies having a look at our thread, although it is quiet mostly we are all doing well over 4yrs on. A lot of us are still working away and living a new normal life. My goal now is just to make memories with family and friends
aml46

I was drawn here today, probably because I did a charity event for breast cancer care today. Yankee it's lovely to see you have posted recently xxx
Yankee

Hello all Valentines -- present and lapsed -- those who still keep in touch on facebook have recently had a 4th meetup, this time in London!  We mourn the three who haven't been lucky enough to survive, and the two who have developed secondaries.  But we all love one another so much and have become a strong group of friends!  If any of our lapsed Valentines would like to join the facebook group, please indicate here.  Response won't be quick, as I think none of us check in here very often, but you are most welcome, as I think we have all discovered that having cancer is something that you never really get over -- and we need to help one another!  Love to you all!!!

Gill_567

Not sure why I was drawn here today.... found a scrappy piece of paper with my password on whilst attempting to clear some of the paperwork that has accumulated over the last year or so!

Just wanted to wish all Valentines happiness for 2017 and the best health possible.

Some of us are still in close touch (thank you BCC!) and are looking forward to another reunion in a few weeks' time. It's hard to believe that our paths first crossed nearly 4 years ago and it's lovely to see posts from others and to hear that they are still doing well. 

G x

Yankee

Dear Halo B and Blue Rose -- I remember you both from way back then -- sorry that your postings have been unanswered, but I think most of the Valentines don't look at the forum much, now that we keep in touch on facebook.  Glad however to hear that you are both well.  Most, but sadly, not all of us are doing ok.  Don't think that any of us will ever get really over the crisis that brought us all together.  Love to you both! Yankee

LovinLife

For some reason im now called LovinLife which is really strange as i used to be HaloB ...altho il go with LovinLife ha
LovinLife

Hi everyone,

I felt compelled to return to see how the valentines have been getting on during the last few years, im not sure anyone will remember me as i didnt stay on for long. Im saddened to hear we have lost a few on the way ...i too feel lucky to have got this far although my heart breaks for those who havent. It hasnt been easy moving forward, feel like iv aged more in the last 3 years than i ever have, my kids and hubby keep me goin though...cant believe its nearly 4 years ...lots of love& happiness to you all.

Sarah xx
BlueRose

Hi Valentines!!
I just wanted to pop in and say hello.
Sorry you are having such a tough time of it poemsgalore. I remember you well from the time I spent on here before.
It all seems so far away now.
I feel so lucky to be here, back at work, doing what I love. I am very grateful.
I feel so sad thinking of the ladies we have lost along the way. I am part of a younger breast cancer group on facebook and today was the funeral of yet another girl - she was in her late twenties. It doesn't make sense.
Sending you all lots of love and strength in any tough times that you may face.
Thanks for being there in the beginning. Xx
Tuppence

I remember with affection the bond built in the Valentines that made our cancer treatment bearable. Stay strong Kath you are very much loved and valued. All for one and one for all. Sending love and hugs.xxxx
poemsgalore

It seems really strange being here. As most of the Valentines know, I've developed a whole raft of new health problems. Unable to walk at the moment and about to start Methotrexate and Rituximab among other things. Wish the pain would go away and leave me alone. Hate being on Morphine, can't stop crying. So came here to read some cheerier post. In spite of everything, we had some laughs on here. xxx

Gill_567

You beat me to it Louise!

Amanda's sky-dive was an amazing achievement, really inspirational. She and her team have also raised lots of money for Second Hope in the process.

Love to all xxx

Yankee

None of us seem to be using this forum very much anymore -- we are all busy, relatively healthy and getting on with life!  ami46 actually completed a skydive earlier this week! -- and lots of the other Vals are working hard on the "bucket lists" they wrote during treatment.

We are now just about 3 years from diagnosis and I just wanted anyone who might check up on us to know that, except for the three dear sisters who didn't make it through treatment, we are all here.  All good friends now and all so very greatful to this forum for having brought us together when we needed each other the most!

aml46

Don't know why but I am drawn here tonight. Almost 3 years on, most of us still here and doing well. We had 2 weddings last year and another one to look forward too. There's been new grandchildren and graduations. We all have our different challenges but I am so proud of all of us and looking forward to our next meet in a couple of months xxx
Gill_567

So sad to lose another Valentine sister. Kim (Honey22) was an incredibly positive person, remaining as active as possible inspite of her secondary diagnosis. Truly inspirational. Our thoughts are with her family xx

Yankee

Every loss gets harder and harder!.  Thank you Sandra and Annabelle and Kim for going on ahead and making heaven Valentine safe -- but I so wish that we had had you here with us for a little longer!

aml46

R.I.P Kim, always a valentine and forever in our hearts 💕💕💕
Perfect poem Kath xxx
poemsgalore

My Wish

Cancer 'ain't gonna get me.
Cancer you dirty swine.
No cancer 'ain't gonna take away
another Valentine.

First you took our Sandra,
then lovely Annabelle
and now you've taken Kim.
Cancer - go to f****** hell!!

aml46

Yankee

Five of the Valentines, plus two husbands met for a summertime reunion at Wydale Hall in North Yorkshire last week!  It is SO wonderful that such real friendships can have come out of what was one of the very worst experiences of our lives.

aml46

Thank you Louise xxx
Gill_567

Thank you Louise. It was a privilege to do this with the lovely Valentines.... brought together over two years ago by this forum .... still together .... on the streets of London and in spirit ! xx

Yankee

The Valentine 5, plus 2 friends, made it to the finish of the Moonwalk on Sunday morning and raised an amazing amount of money for breast cancer charities -- thank you girls -- we are very proud of you!

Yankee

Tonight is the night for the Moonwalk and the Valentine 5, plus two of their friends are on the streets of London doing us all proud.  Thank you girls for carrying the banner, and hope that you have a fantastic time!

aml46

We are defo bonkers, but in the best possible way xxx
Gill_567

And on another positive note..... 5 of the Valentines are preparing hard for the London MoonWalk (May 16th). Some people think we're bonkers (some of us think we're bonkers ourselves). But we are putting two fingers up to cancer and showing how far we have come in the last 2 years. 

Gill_567

Thank you for leaving this positive post Louise. We otherwise just seem to return when things get bad. xx

Yankee

Good news for a change on our Valentines thread. Our lovely Lisag got married today!

Sending her and her new husband lots of love and best wishes for a long, healthy and happy life together!

poemsgalore

So sad about the loss of our beautiful Annabelle. Such a brave and courageous lady throughout her battle. RIP Annabelle. xx

Gill_567

In our thoughts and in our hearts. xx

millymolly_m

Always a Valentine Cherabel and always in our hearts. At peace, no more pain. God Bless. Xxxxx
Tuppence

Rest in peace Annabelle x
aml46

RIP Cherabel xxx
Janet_BCC

Hi Yankee

I am so sorry to read of the death of Annabelle.  On behalf of the moderators may I offer my sincere condolences to her friends and family.

Best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Yankee

The February 2013 Valentines have lost a second of their number. Annabelle Daly, Cherabel, died last night after a protracted and incredibly brave fight against secondary breast cancer.  She was married just last October to her longtime partner. We mourn her passing and send so much love to her surviving family. May she rest forever in a golden, springlike paradise!

Yankee

So good to hear from you Blue Rose, glad that you are doing ok!  Do keep in touch.

BlueRose

Thank you. It's good to hear that so many of you are doing well too.
Amazing to think that it's already time for a new February chemo group to start. Xx
Gill_567

Hi BlueRose, Lovely to hear from you. So pleased to hear that things are going well. Long may it continue x