Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Chemo in February 2013: February Valentines

Highlighted

Re: Starting Chemo in February: February Valentines

Morning All,
Mandy that was a wierd experience for you,at least it's done now.xx
Kath,why do these little lumps keep popping up !! As all the others have been nothing to worry about I am sure yours will be the same,still worrying until told so though.BIG HUGS to you and good luck for monday xxxx
No matter how hot and how much the sweat runs down my forehead and neck,there is no way I would not be in my wig and full makeup at all times,should have been an actress lol xxx
Love to all xxxxxx<3 Chris
Highlighted

Glad your squatter has shrnk Anabelle. I ahead to have my 4th WLE wire guided. The issue with it seems to be finding a really top notch radiographer who can get the little fishing hook thingy right into the centre of te damn squatter. My consultant was adamwold she would only have the radiographer she wanted. Got it sorted in the end and it was completely painless, though a bit weird. Left for an hour or so with a wire sticking out ( although they did curl it up) I felt like a remote control toy!
Thinking of you all the time Sandra. Hoping you've had some good news re scans etc. Oh Kath, I'm so sorry you're back in the waiting room again too. Everything crossed!
Gill, I had to laugh at you describing yourself as man-like. Yesterday, as I was sitting waiting, all gowned up and ready for surgery, a nurse brought a chap in to my waiting area and said to him, 'I'll leave you here, this is obviously the men's side today'. The poor guy had a good look at me as the nurse was leaving and he muttered something (his English wasn't good) which made her turn back. I don't know who was more embarrassed, me, him or the poor, overworked nurse. She obviously realised error and tried to explain away her mistake by referring to my baldness, which then made Her even more embarassed. The sister made her walk me into theatre. The poor girl was bright red and couldn't stop apologising all the way!
Chris, the only really long hair that's returned for me so far are those annoying bits that stick out you my swimming costume in the groin area! 😉
I put my rat on again today, I feel I should wear it for a Christening I'm attending on Saturday as I don't want to frighten the children. It felt awful and was so hot I nearly fainted after 10 minutes in it! I'm certainly keeping my hair short from now on. I love getting up, showering and then just getting on with the. Mind you if I'm likely to see anyone I try to put eyebrows and eyeliner on to reduce the Lurch look!
Louise, the golden grain breasts have left me with some very weird visions! I feel a Google coming on to find out more about golden seeds! Not now 'though, I must try to get back into a proper sleeping pattern. Anaesthetics always seem to make me nocturnal for a few days!
Hugs to you all,
MMM xx
Highlighted

Greetings Valentines!

Annabelle… great news about size of shrunken squatter. Shame that you are having to change teams, but better this way in the long run. Hopefully you will get a date soon and you can look forward to completing another step along the way. Sorry have not heard of golden seeds. Let us know when you find out more. And what happened about your abdominal pain? Did it go away on its own or did you get it checked out?

Glad to hear you are back home, all went well and not too sore Mandy. Fingers crossed for easy healing etc.. and excellent results on 6th. As you asked … Sandra updated FB that she was waiting (again) for results of scans etc. I’m sure she’ll let us know as soon as….

Glad to hear of the reappearance of eye-lashes Chris. Hope for us all! Mine are still lacking, as is pretty much everything else. A little bit of patchy grey stubble on sides of head and some fluffy white baby bits on top. However, decided to go out topless for the first time today. Tried to make myself less man-like by adding large earrings! Went with a (male) friend to a supermarket (his wife had given him a list – he he!) and then for a quick snack in a country-ish pub. Felt almost normal and I was glad to ditch the headgear in the sticky heat!

Pleased to hear you have an appointment for Monday Kath. Fingers firmly crossed. Will be thinking of you.

And Linda… I agree with Chris ….. STOP POKING! You can only spot differences if you leave some time between checks (“every so often for the rest of your life” is the BCC advice). But thanks for updating the lists. You’re a star.

Gill x
Highlighted

Good news about the Triple Assessment appointment Kath. All my thoughts will be with you on Monday morning.
Highlighted

I have an appointment at the Nottingham Breast Institute on Monday at 9.30 for a triple assessment , there are 3 lumps, to me, they all feel like my original one. Fingers crossed that they're benign!!!
Kath xxx
Highlighted

Afternoon Ladies,

Annabelle, that really is a bummer about having to change to an unknown surgeon, but better than risking "a few issues" with the wire guided procedure. However, congratulations on the illegal squatter. That is brilliant news! I haven't heard of the Golden Seeds Trial either.

Mandy, so glad it all went well and you are home safe and sound. Hope you enjoy your PJ day today. Thanks for explaining about the annual MRI scan. It does seem a bit OTT. I found a new lump under the areola on my good breast last week. Saw my 3 senior consultants (oncologist, surgeon and radiologist) and had ultrasound scan all within half an hour on Tuesday, and all agreed it is nothing at all and no treatment needed. However, I will be keeping an eye on it!

Chris, It is easier said than done to stop poking about! However, I have resisted so far.

Hair issues, I only had last chemo on Tuesday but so far I haven't lost my brows or lashes. Hope this continues. My hair is growing but not thickening as yet and is very grey and straight, like a dirty toothbrush!

Latest chart now updated again.

Love and hugs to all xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Linda
Highlighted

Afternoon Vals,
Glad you all done Mandy,that's out of the way now.Well done for positive attitude,it's the only way xxxx
Annabelle,shame they are messing you about,hope sorted soon.I have not heard of golden seeds trial,what is that? Mine is called Fastrack.
Linda STOP POKING IT ABOUT !!!
Louise looks like only us on Letrozole then xxx
Hows the hair doing everyone,my eyelashe now long again,hair growing on legs,all seems quicker than head,about quarter inch of fluffy hair now,was white now seems bit darker,luckily no bald patches.
Love and hugs to all xxxx<3 Chris
Highlighted

Dear Annabelle -- I didn't realize that you were still facing surgery! What a bummer! and even more difficult when there has to be change with personnel you trust and feel comfortable dealing with. I do hope it all goes smoothly for you. Haven't heard of the golden seeds trial. Do tell more, I have wonderful visions of you walking past with a field of golden grain sprouting from your breasts!!!

Fortitude,

XXXXXLouise
Highlighted

Hope you are ok Mandy after 3rd WLE and you get good results.
I went to see the breast surgeon yesterday to get a date for my wle yesterday and also a scan. The illegal suatter is 17 x 12 now so that was good news but he can not do the operation because I now require the op to be done via a guided wire and at the hospital where he operates at the moment have suspended that procedure due to a few issuses ! So I have to go back next week and see a different surgeon to get a date, I was really disappointed as This Dr had been with me since day one.
I have also been asked to go on the golden seeds trial for radio therapy has any one else done this trial?
Hope everyone else is ok
Annabelle
x
Highlighted

3rd time lucky.......
Hi, I'm all done, home and not too sore. My lovely surgeon went back in the original scar. She said it was all very tidy and easy peasy. Results on 6th August.
Linda, great update, thank you well done! I didn't really persuade anyone to do the yearly MRI. I think it came about because the lump I originally had removed from just under my areola had been reported to them and investigated (not, I hasten to add by the team that treated me this time but by the same medical trust) nearly 2 years ago. I went twice with it and it was virtually dismissed. A couple of medics seemed to suggest I may be imagining it, although the radiographer s agreed there was something there.
Hence, I think they may be treating me with a 'sledge hammer to crack a nut' in future. I am lead to understand, by people in whom I have a great deal of faith, that breast MRI is not always a good thing. Apparently it often throws up false positives such as scar tissue and normal tissue groups/lumps. Obviously if these are seen they have to be investigated resulting in more worry and stress and indeed invasive procedures if only biopsy.
Still, am going to go with the flow as I said.
Hope everyone is safe and well and managing to stay cool. PJ day for me tomorrow.
Have we any news from Sandra yet?
Hugs to all,
MMM x

Highlighted

Damn! And again! t'interweb is swallowing my posts..... We have gremlins. Good job I wrote it as a note first this time. Ha got you gremlin king!
Highlighted

Bo *** cks! Just lost a whole long post!
Highlighted

OK here is a new chart, but I don't have eveyone's current staus so apologies if it is wrong. Please let me know.

AlisonRadsTamoxifen
AmandaAwaiting RadsTamoxifen
AngieHerceptin
AnnabelleWLE 9th August
Blue RoseRads & Herceptin
BuddyTamoxifen
CarolineRads
ChrisLetrozole
Dianewaiting for mx and recon
DyaneRadsTamoxifen
ElaineTamoxifen
FunkiRadsAnastrazole
GillTamoxifen
JackieHerceptin
JoTamoxifen
KarenTamoxifen
KathAnastrazole
KimZoladex & Arimidex
LindaHerceptinwaiting for Rads
LouiseLetrozole
MandyWLE 24 July
PaulaRadsTamoxifen
SandraRads delayedAnastrozole
TupAt the summit !!!!!!!!!!!!!
WattieRads & Herceptin
YvonneRads
Highlighted

Mandy,
What a fantastic attitude you have and well done to you. I am thinking of you today, eveything crossed your operation goes smoothly and your recovery is easy peasy. How did you get them to agree to a yearly MRI breast scan?

I haven't checked my new lump once since the nurse told me off! I can do it tomorrow! My very last Neulasta jab this after when the DN comes at 2-30, followed by stuffing myself with Paracetamol for 3 days. Hopefully it will work as well as it has done previously.

A new chart will be published later today!
Highlighted

Yeah!!!!! Car Park Full! United we stand.
Great that you've finished Rads now Tup. Who else is now free from hospital appointments? Linda, we need another list 😉 You need something to keep your mind occupied and to stop your continual checking 😉
Thank you all for your positive thoughts and good wishes for tomorrow.
So far I haven't had any follow up scans at all. When I mentioned it to my Onc he said he could arrange for a full body scan before chemo if I wanted but that if they found anything else they'd have to postpone my treatment even more and it had waited long enough. He seemed to be saying let's treat this BC then wait and see. Not very reassuring BUT in fairness even if I had a scam that showed me to be totally cancer free it doesn't guarantee I'll stay that way. So, I've decided to have the yearly mamogram as offered, along with a yearly breast MRI that they've agreed to too. These will be done alternately so I'll have some sort of investigation every 6 months.
I firmly believe that the chemo has blasted every last cancer cell that the ruddy BC may have set free and that if any new BC ever develops (if it dare) would be spototed before it could do any harm. So stuff that in your pipe and smoke it cancer! You're not going to ruin my life!
MMM x
Highlighted

Much love to all Valentines -- we have finally all done it!!!!!!! Together! Some hard times to come -- but we have gotten this far, so we can make it the rest of the way. Louise
Highlighted

Hooray! Well done Linda! And well done to all Valentines for getting to the car park!!
Highlighted

Thank you for all you welcomes. I feel so elated tonight, but that might be the steroid rush of course!

Yvonne, yes, mine is a pea sized something in milk duct, although I never breast fed. I have no idea how long it has been there as prior to dx I was never very vigilant about checking myself and only noticed it last week. The BCN nurse rang me earlier to see how I feel about the scan results. She told me I have been over checking it this week as too much checking aggravates matters. She was horrified I have been doing it twice a day, I didn't tell her it was more like twice an hour! Thank you for your comments, it has helped me put all my trust in those who know best!

Tup, well done on finishing Rads. I hope they keep a vey good eye on you. How fab not to have any more nasty treatments.

Mandy, all the luck in the world for tomorrow. It will soon be over and you will be back home.

Gill, sorry I didn't realise your parents lived apart. What a conundrum for you. Please banish all negative thoughts and trust your medical team and the scientific probabilities. I still believe a fresh start will lead to a new life you can enjoy to the full, new scenery, maybe a nice job, and new friends, with some capital from your house in your pocket hopefully. Go for it girl, you can do it.

Wattie, the carpark is definitely full. I was the last to arrive. Enjoy Luther.

Love and hugs to you all, with my heartfelt thanks, Linda xxxx
Highlighted

Well done Linda!!
Is the carpark now full?
Just a quick hello tonight Vals, off for a shower to cool down - might need another after watching Luther though!!!???
Love to all
Karen xx
Highlighted

Evening Vals
Well done Tup rads out of the way xxx
Welcome to car park Linda,lovely to have you join us.So pleased was good news on little lump,sleep easy now.xxxx
Oh Gill what a predicament,trying to stretch yourself between parents,wonder what you will decide to do,a lot of resposibility on your own shoulders,not always easy to make a decision on your own.xxxxx
Mandy glad you had lovely break in Wales,makes such a difference,change of scenery.xxx
we popped up allotment,no watering needed as we were all kept awake by storms last night !!!
Love to all our lovely Vals xxxx<3 Chris xx
Highlighted

Welcome to the carp park Linda. Pea sized blocked milk ducts are very common and don't usually require anything doing. I've had one since feeding my daughter 30 years ago. Each time I've pointed it out at the breast clinic I've been told toldto just forget about it. It's good that they scanned you so quickly though.
X Yvonne
Highlighted

So glad to see you in the car park Linda! Hope SE's are few x
I had last of rads today - Hooray! Really looking forward to life without treatments!
Love to all Vals x
Tup
Highlighted

Thank you to Yvonne and Linda for your kind and thoughtful words.

My parents are in their 80s, divorced years ago, live 150 miles apart and very needy. It's not really the happier, care-free (pardon the pun) future that I would like to imagine for myself (being very selfish)... but they need to be taken into consideration. Otherwise I might be tempted to move to a remote Scottish island! I reckon I need quite a bit of time to think this one through. Don't want to get it wrong.

And as far as "being strong" to get through the BC shit is concerned .... I would not be here if it weren't for all the Valentines. Cannot thank you enough.

G x
Highlighted

Well done Linda on reaching the car park and for getting other good news today. Seems like your hospital really is on the ball. Hope the SEs are kept well at bay this time too and that you soon begin to really feel that the chemo journey is well and truly over and done with.

Gill x
Highlighted

Well done Linda xx
Highlighted

Welcome to the car park LINDA!!!!!
Highlighted

BUDGE UP LADIES, I'M WITH YOU IN THE CARPARK!!
There should be room as many of you are on the next stage of the journey. 6th and final chemo over and done with. Is my car there? A bright green well scratched Megane.

What a day though!!! I have seen 3 senior consultants, one after the other, had an ultrasound, and had my last chemo.

Why the 3 Consultants? Well, last week whilst on holiday I found a small new lump in my good breast immediately above my nipple under the areola. I hadn't told anyone at all, even OH, until I knew what it was. This was the main cause of my anxiety. I researched it of course and decided it is a Papilloma in a milk duct. (These are wart-like lumps and normally benign). I told my lovely oncologist who I see every time immediately before chemo. He got me straight on the bed, so to speak, and said he thought it might be a cyst, saying it is highly unlikely to be suspicious because 5 cycles of chemo would have zapped it.

As luck would have it, my own surgeon was having a breast clinic in the next room so he called her through (saying it would cost him rather a lot of alcohol and a few cakes). She said much the same as the oncologist but as she had some spare slots on the ultrasound machine she referred me upstairs to the breast clinic. Up I went and was immediately taken to the ultrasound room and scannned by the senior consultant radiologist. She couldn't find any lumps but said I had a slightly enlarged milk duct that would feel like the lump (hard, small and like a small marble, smooth and round). The milk duct is enlarged but still within normal parameters so no treatment needed.
Phew!!!!!!!

I couldn't have managed this journey anywhere near as well as I have done without all you lovely Valentines. You are the best .... and THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Gill, I agree with Yvonne. A fresh start is what you need, and a new home in a new location with give you a wonderful focus, maybe nearer your parents so you can make the most of them while you still have them (and I speak from experience here)

Linda xxxxxxxxx
Highlighted

Gill - it sounds to me as if a new start may be a good thing for you. It'll certainly give you something positive to focus on and although sorting and clearing your house will bring back sad memories you may find it therapeutic. You've certainly had more shit to deal with in the past year than the rest of us but you've proved you're strong, even though I will guarantee you didn't feel it at the time.
Good luck whatever you decide
X Yvonne
Highlighted

Linda - just wanted to add my penny-worth to the "lack of scans" debate ... for what it's worth!

I had a CT and a bone scan due to mets in lymphnodes. These came back clear apart from a small "unexplained patch" on my jaw. As far as I am aware, I will not be offered any more scans, as my onco team have done "all that is necessary" to get rid of the cancer - as per the current text books. I am not desperately happy about this, perhaps more due to my own personal situation.

I have big decisions to make re. lack of income / no family locally / elderly parents 100+ miles away that need care / capital tied up in our house etc.. It would be great if the oncologist could reassure me that it's worth the bother of clearing the house (will take at least a year), putting it on the market, deciding where I want to live in this country (I could theoretically go anywhere) etc. etc. But I am not going to get this reassurance. There are no guarantees in this business! So, I guess I'll just have to go with what is currently scientifically probable and try to banish all negative thoughts. Not an easy one. Seems like you have found a good way to deal with it, so hold onto that.

I think you're having your final chemo today (hope I've got that right), so I hope it's all going well and you can finally join us all in the car park! It'll be lovely to have you here.

Gill x
Highlighted

Hi all,
have just got back from a lovely long weekend in Wales. I've been trying to keep up with posts but t'internet has been very iffy. Sandra, will be thinking of you tomorrow.
Will have a good read back through the latest posts to catch up with everyone ASAP.
Love MMM x
Highlighted

Alison and Chris

awww bless you and thank you. Please don't worry about me worrying! I am very independent and can't be doing with counsellors or the like. I am one of those that can put myself in a bubble. A self defence mechanism I have always had. I sail through traumas generally, and when I have a blip and the bubble bursts I soon make another and put a rainbow in it! It has served me well for 65 years. I'm back in a bubble now and putting my trust in my lovely oncologist who told me my cancer has gone, and my prognosis for 10 years is very good. I have no idea what my 15 year one is but not too bothered as I will be 80 by then!! Hells bells, what an awful thought. Shit, where does life go?

xxxxxxxx
Highlighted

Sandra, Thinking of you and hope tomorrow's scan goes well. I will keep my fingers crossed until we get the results!!!! Hugs, Alison xxx
Highlighted

Linda, I am not having a scan after all my treatment. I have had a lumpectomy, chemo (FEC x6) and rads (20). I am not anxious so will not ask for or pay for a private one. I think you may be best talking to a counsellor about your fears as I would hate for you to live the rest of you (long) life with this anxiety. I have looked at the literature and for me the treatment makes my 15 years (and for me if you're 15 years free you are free for good) survival is exactly the same as if I have never had cancer. I am really worried that you are going worry yourself to death.
Hugs
Alison xxx
Highlighted

Pleased to hear that everything moving quickly Sandra. Good luck for tomorrow. I will be thinking of you.
Gill x
Highlighted

Evening all,
Just back from weekend at my sisters in Suffolk,lovely to have dinner today with our dad and another sister and brother in law.Had a nice little shop in Stowmarket yesterday,bought a lovely summery skirt in charity shop Per Una one,only £4.50,assistant laughed when I said I wanted to keep it on and gave her the ticket,assured her I did go in wearing shorts,not in my knickers !!
Whilst at sisters we booked a boat on the Broads for a week in aug,so looking forward to it,five of us going as we asked dad too.Will be a celebration break with no more hospital until check up at breast clinic nov.
Kath,Dyane and Sandra,I am hoping that all your problems will be solved quickly,you have been through enough.BIG HUGS (((((<3)))))
Linda please try to stop worrying,we have had the best treatment that they have sorted out for us individually,they know what works and we have to trust them.We can all worry ourselves constantly if we want to,but for our own sanity we must look forward to a healthy life ahead.That is what we all strive for,for all of us.xxxxxxxx
Jo and Louise congrats on finishing rads,everyone else following may it pass speedily.xxxx
Yvonne glad you now moored in place,will be thinking of you whilst on the Broads,I love boats.xxx
Well take care and hope all worries disappear in a few days.
My dearest Valentines xxxxxx<3 XXXXXX Chris
Highlighted

I'm impressed they rang you on a sunday afternoon Sandra, wishing you lots of luck for tuesday, will have fingers and toes crossed for you. Hopefully you can manage to do something nice to take your mind off things a bit tomorrow so that the time goes faster.

Jo x
Highlighted

Well I have just received phone call from the hospital... I go tuesday for a deeper and fuller CT scan of the abnormality they found at radiotheraphy CT......I must be top of someones list to get all this attention since Friday!....more important having a senior registrar call me... wow!!.... well lots of tears have been shed over the weekend... had a bad night last night... coughing and upset tummy.....when will it all stop eh?... now for tuesday to arrive and go...thanking all valentines for their supoort... I have needed it this week... my kids dropped everything to come over and be with me...they havent seen me in a state like that.. not even with dx xxx

Here goes.....round 1 again!!!! xx
Highlighted

I am starting to feel very anxious about not having any scans. I understand that I am lucky not to have had any node involvement or vascular invasion and that this is the reason I am not due for a scan once chemo and rads are over, but it doesn't stop me worrying that something got left behind in my breast. Yes, chemo should be dealing with any IDC and rads with any DCIS, but there is always a risk that some cells got messed with during the initial biopsy, wire guiding procedure, and surgery. Surely a scan, even an ultrasound, should be offered if only to relieve the anxiety? I am not even sure when I will get my next mammogram as I won't finish Herceptin until next April.

I know we have discussed this before, but have any of you in the same position considered a private one?
Highlighted

Sorry to hear this news from Kath , Sandra and Dyane like all the others ladies on here thinking about you and crossing everything I possibly can for you.
Annabelle x
Highlighted

Sandra, Dyane and Kath, I am so sorry you are back in the waiting room, with such devastating worries on your minds. My thoughts are constantly with you. xxxxxxxx
Highlighted

Hi ladies,
Just a quick one to say that I too had two new lumps come up in my "good" boob and my surgeon sent me for an ultrasound - they turned out to be fatty lumps. Hope that yours are nothing to worry about too Kath and Sandra.
I start rads in 10 days, 15 of them. After that it's just Herceptin. Am starting to feel better, exercising a bit and trying the famous 5/2 diet!
Hope you are all doing ok.

Even though I don't write much, I do think of all of you often. Xxx
Highlighted

Sandra and Kath just popping in from the June Jewels to say that I am thinking of you both and hoping that your fears are unfounded. Take care both of you. Xxxx
Highlighted

Dear Sandra
If it's any consolation, I've just spoken to my BCN who told me that it would be really unusual for a cancerous lump to cause pain.
She is going to arrange for a mammogram and ultra sound for me. She also said that in my case anyway, my last mammogram on my right breast was clear, only the left one (now departed) was affected. I should find out on Monday when my new appointment is. She also said it would also be unusual for a cancer to appear so quickly (less than a year in my case) especially while having chemo.

I know your situation is slightly different to mine. I assume you new lumps are in the same breast as your first one. I feel so sad that at the time when we are hoping to start life anew after all the c**p we've had to put up with, we are confronted with even more problems. So we're both back in the waiting room again.

(don't know what happened there???)
Sending you extra big but gentle hugs.
Kath xxx
Highlighted

Well done Louise for getting to the end of a long stretch. And to Jo - assuming you finish well today too. I've just had my last one too, but no celebrations for me.

Sandra, you are so in my thoughts and I so wish there was something I could do to speed up the waiting for the scan. It must be soul destroying for you. Big hugs and fingers firmly crossed for appointment asap. Are you still to go ahead with rads as planned?

Gill x
Highlighted

FINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Final appointment not without its drama. Had 10:45 am appointment with the Oncologist and 11:30 am for final treatment. She was stuck in the wards and half the treatment machines were broken down, so ended up not getting everything done until after 1 pm. Oh well, it was the last one!! Cheerfully, they tell me that the discomfort will probably continue to get worse for a week or two before it starts feeling better. But at least, the frying is over.

Hope things went well with your final one Jo.

Sandra, you are constantly on my mind! I do so hope that the next news is good news -- you have certainly had more than your share already.

Hugs for all,
Louise
Highlighted

Oh Sandra how awful for you. I hope you get your scans ASAP
I wish doctors would trust us a bit more. We know our bodies, especially now, so why don't they listen when we tell them there's something not quite right?
Sending you a big hug
X Yvonne
Highlighted

I think I am just numb to be honest ,,,,, I had no node involvemet... invasive breast cancer.. Grade 3 Stage 3 hun...Ive had extreme right shoulder pain and arm which started halfway through chemo.. I put it down that it was aggravating my arthritis I have in my spine and neck.. but that has been controlled by medication.. I have a high pain threshold so I knew this pain was different.. us women know our bodies 🙂 and when morphine isnt even taking the pain away I started to question... these new lumps also appeared halfway through chemo... my onc referred me back to surgeon.. she said one on the chest wall just above boobie was a blood blister????...hmmmm no explanation or nothing and now my surgeon saying he doesnt know what it is but concentrated real hard on exaiming it to the point I shoved his hand away through pain... I did apolgise and say it is really getting me down now.. i go to bed with pain and 2 hours later am woken by pain.. thats not normal to me......i said to him I just want to know what these lumpy bumpy things are that are coming up....oh I dont know anymore....
Highlighted

Hi all,

Final day of rads tomorrow, can't quite believe I've got there. Everyone keeps telling me I should be celebrating, but I don't really feel like it, it feels like celebrating and announcing that I've "finished treatment" is like tempting fate, people keep saying things to me like "it must be great to know you don't have to have any more chemo - when in reality, the thought that it may come back is always hoverring at the back of my mind. Does that make sense to anyone ? I kind of feel like I should be more excited about this than I am.

However it's my Mum's birthday on saturday, so tomorrow I'm meeting up with parent's, aunt, sister plus other half and going out for dinner and to the theatre (my OH staying home to look after our son), then on Saturday we're all going to my parents, so I guess we are celebrating really.

Gill I hope the patient who challenged you was suitably embarrassed.

A seagull did a MASSIVE poo on my as I was leaving the hospital after rads today, everyone keeps telling me that it's good luck, well if the amount of luck is proportional to the size of poo and mess it made then I'm due to be a very lucky lady!!

Hugs to you all

Jo
xx
Highlighted

Oh Sandra I am lost for words!
i just hope he is ordering these scans as urgent for you? Some ray of hope is that he immediately did not think it was anything sinister and that he did not know what they were. Please hold onto the fact that they may be nothing. I cannot remember did you have much node involvement and did he get clear margins? Dd they also confirm your type of BC?
Please don't despair, I know this must be a worrying time for you but things may be ok!
Big hugs from France and lots of love xxxxx
Highlighted

Well back from seeing the surgeon.. and I bloody broke down and cried... 2 new lumps found and he admitted that he didnt know what they were and ordering new scans just in case they have missed something..grrrrr... just want the pain to stop.. thats all ..not a lot to ask.........feeling sorry for myself at the moment..poked..prodded.. thought I had got used to it all