cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Chemo in February 2014?

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Starting Chemo in February 2014?

Finally have my first appointment with the oncologist tomorrow night. Chemo first so hopefully start next week. Can't wait to get started and feel like I am doing something about this! Mariecay, I know how you feel. Rubbish thinking you're going in to get answers and you come away deflated. Good luck next week! X
Jonsi79

All the best for tomo Jill! I have yet another appointment!! ECG tomo to check my hearts ok for the type of chemo drug I'm having and then a catch up with my BCN to fit my prothsesis I hope! Getting fed up of the spongey one moving around now!!!
I was quite lucky Mariecay - havent had too much waiting around for results/next step etc. but yes I do agree that waiting is the worst! Its like youve lost control of your life and if you're like me I hate that part!! I like to be organised but all this chaos has no organisation if you know what I mean!! Try to keep your mind occupied and busy if you can! My friends have been amazing!! You really do find out who they are in a crisis like this!! xxx
Mariecay

Thank you jonsi79....bit of a waste of time really! I was hoping to get all the info I need today to be able to move forward but it wasn't to be. Only thing new I've learnt today is that there was only 2 nodes involved. Apparently there was no point seeing the oncologist today as I'm in tomorrow's MDT meeting so got to go back to see him next tues when I will find out staging etc and date for chemo which should be the following week. Getting tired of all the waiting now, I just want to get going now so that I can start looking towards the end of this nightmare! I want my life back! Does everyone else feel this way? X
Gill_567

Hello all,

I'm another of the Valentines from February 2013. I would have been absolutely lost without the amazing women (we were all women) who participated in our thread. So I hope you all get as much support and encouragement from each other as we did.

As Poemsgalore mentioned, we set up the Facebook group - but not until we had all nearly finished chemo - and still tried to keep the BCC thread going as well for those that didn't want to join the FB group. That way we tried to remain as inclusive as possible. The FB group has been more about our post-chemo experiences, getting our lives back etc.

Your thread here will be read by many others, not just yourselves and sharing your experiences can be reassuring to them as well.

All best wishes for your treatment.

Gill

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi there. I find out tomorrow what the plan is. Received the diagnosis on 7th January and reasonably sure it will be chemo first, then surgery. Soooo much waiting! Just want to get started on something! Should we go for a dental checkup to make sure there are no problems before we start the chemo?
Jonsi79

Had my dental check yesterday and just had a phone call to say all was fine with my xrays! She was happy with my teeth and that she'd be very surprised if I had problems. Cross fingers!! Just wanted to say that she was glad that I'd made the app as many dont check their teeth before starting chemo. So just wanted to share that!
Jonsi79

Mariecay all the best for today!! xx
Jonsi79

Hi Jill! Glad we're starting to get a group together to share our thoughts! Seems like other monthly threads have been a real help and I hope we can become as close as the others! Do you know what chemo you'll be having? I'm having a dense dose of AC for 8 wks and then another type which i cant remember now for another 8 wks!! Its 6 wks today since my surgery!! Thats flown by ao hope chemo time goes as fast!!!!!
Lucy_BCC

Hi MrsB62 and welcome to the BCC forums
I am sure you find lots of support here, you may also find it helpful to access some of our other support services including our helpline and live chat, you can find the details here:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services

Here's also a link to the Treatments section of the site for further information

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment?utm_source=Homepage&%3Butm_medium=help_you&%3Butm_campa...

Take care
Lucy BCC

MrsB62

Hello, I'm off to see the Oncologist on Jan 27 to be given a start date for chemo in feb 2014. I was diagnosed Dec 12, surgery Dec 27 (theraputic mammoplasty and Axillary node clearance). I'd be very happy to join this group and share experiences .... It's all a bit of a roller coaster isn't it!?
KittyKat7982

Hi ladies,

I'm due to start my chemo in Feb too. I've had a delay, so I'm originally part of the Jan New Year Newbies as well. We have a lovely group on Facebook (all private which is good, as not many of my friends on there know about my diagnosis!) so I hope in time we can all get a great page up and running together xx
Jo_BCC

Hi Purple13,

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums, you've come to the right place for some good, honest support from the many informed users of this site.

While you are waiting for replies, I have put for you below a link to one of BCC's publications you might find helpful. Also our helpline team are just a free phone call away, 0808 800 6000 lines open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/chemotherapy-breast-cancer-b...

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

poemsgalore

The fb page is a private one, just for those of us who started our chemo in February 2013. It would be possible for you to start your own fb page if you wanted to, if so, make it a closed page and by invitation only. It would only show on your Home page, not your timeline.

It might be better first to gather a few more members on here, and use these forums for your treatment experiences, then maybe think about fb at a later stage. I think It is important that we leave our experiences on here for other to read. That way we are helping those who come after us to learn by our experiences. Not sure if I've worded that correctly, so I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. Woman Embarassed

poemgalore xx

Purple13

Hi there
I will also be starting chemo in February. Seeing the oncologist tomorrow for the first time
Mariecay

I will also be starting my chemo in feb. Going for my results tomorrow from node clearance so hopefully will get details of dates etc then.
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi there. I will be starting in February too. If we join the Facebook page, does it show on our page that we joined? Don't really want to announce to the world on Facebook! How do we join? Thanks so much.Speak soon I'm sure Jonsi79!
poemsgalore

Hi Jonsi,

I am so sorry that you find yourself in this position. I am one  of the February Valentines 2013. We were and still are a very close group. We have our own closed fb page now. I hope you and the rest of the new February intake who will soon join you, become as close and supportive as we were. All the best.

poemsgalore xx

June_BCC

Hi Jonsi79

I'm sure other users will be joining the thread soon for support during treatment.  

Please feel free to contact our free helpline on 0808 800 6000 if you need any support or would like to chat to one of the staff, opening hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 – 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 – 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Jonsi79

Starting Chemo in February 2014?

Hi, I've been told I will be starting chemo in Feb 2014. There doesnt seem to be a Feb thread yet, so anyone want to join me and share our story!