cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Chemo in February 2014?

Hazelb27

Re: Starting Chemo in February 2014?

Hi all

Marie thanks for your suggestions re anti sickness meds. So far the Nozinan is working well for me but don't know how long that will last since the ondansetron worked and then stopped working!!

Alice I too am moulting! It's driving me nuts. I was in the shower on Saturday and loads of my hair came out. I had a good cry at the time. It's steadily came out since then though I still look like I've got a lot of hair left. I'm toying with getting it all shaved off because its so itchy.
Has anyone else done this? It would be good to hear how it went if you have. Got my 'new hair' on a stand in the bedroom!

Re your meds, I live in Scotland and the way I have been getting my meds changed is to call the BCN who in turn organises a prescription to be collected from my GP. The meds from the hospital wouldn't last long enough to really help because they only give 3 days worth. Not sure how it works where you are.

I really admire all you ladies coping with this as well as working and looking after family. We don't have any kids and now I'm 40 and facing 5-10 years on Tamoxifen it's not going to happen now. My employers have been really understanding and supportive and my manager is lovely. I haven't been well enough to even think about work but hoping that will change as time goes on (or I may still be in denial....).

Hazel x
alice45

As far as I can see, the only good to come out of this chemo thing will be if I manage to lose the half stone I've been trying to lose for the last 5 years! Like Sue, I'm only given 3 days worth of steroids each time and giving you an appetite is definitely not one of their side effects - I make myself eat something 4 times a day and that's it, even if its only soup, porridge and crumpets. Shall probably develop scurvy...

Do you remember the anticipation of going out for a nice meal with friends? The choosing of the menu, the arrival of the food on the table, the savouring of it? Seems a distant and fantastical memory.

As for medication: talk about getting blood out of a stone. Went in for FEC2 this morning and after all my resolutions told them what I'd experienced and what I wanted. They did give me Emend as IV before the chemo meds went in, but I've just been given exactly the same pills to take home: small amount of steroid and much larger amount of Metoclopramide. I only had 5 days worth last cycle and this time there's enough for 9 - and I shall take the lot! But if I still feel sick after that, they will hear from me...

Neutrophils were lowish - OK for the chemo to go ahead but I have to go back tomorrow for a blood boosting injection as I declined to administer it myself (would have to be really desperate to willingly stick a needle into any part of my anatomy!)

And, like others, Greatest Respect to those who get through this time also caring for families and even working. It's all I can do to cope with myself and the cats - and at the moment I'm moulting more than they are!

Sue123

Hi girls, yes the weight thing, I have lost about 4 pounds since starting chemo on 28th January, I am on E-CMF chemo and have not really felt too bad but just not felt like eating so eat when i remember its meal times! Really wierd as I usually love my food! I only have to take 3 days worth of steroids after each chemo session so thats perhaps why i haven't put any on. My onc said that the short bursts of steroids should not make me put any weight on. Just as well as my daughter is getting married in August and i am determined not to be huge mother of the bride!!

Yes I also do admire those that can continue to work and those who work even harder looking after their little ones ( Thats you Lowfatlovatt!). 

I spoke to my son and daughter in law on skype yesterday and my new grandson is due next week so very exciting but also feel guilty as i cannot help really as they live about 40 miles away and i really don't feel well enough to drive and then get stuck in helping. My granddaughter is 20 months so they do have their hands full.

Anyway I have the man to service the boiler coming this afternoon (what a full life i lead) and my mum may pop in later. Its lovely to hear from you all and have a good day, Sue xx

lowfatlovatt

Caz, im on maternity leave at the mo (some maternity leave hey) was due to go back to work in 3 weeks but cant cuz I work in a school, hope your ok!!!
Jaffacakes, the weight thing is definitely weird, ive only ever been 7stone 4 when ive been pregnant with the kids so its a bit strange, its just me, ellis, rocky and fluffy for a while today, mum in law coming round in a bit to go shopping, I need new jeans cuz the last pair I brought freya has taken the tags off this morning and gone college in them
Xxx
Jaffacakes

Hey there Lowfatlovatt. The weight is a funny thing. I lost pounds to nausea, then they just stuck themselves back on. I'm more moth eaten than bald right now; not such a great look. And, as I'm still lying down a lot (feeling not so great, really), I've taken to carrying a tea towel around me to put on the cushions to catch the shedding hair. Classy.

Alone today. Children at school. Husband at work. Dog gone with him. All quite peaceful, on the whole. As long as no one rings the doorbell.
Jaffacakes

I agree, Caz. I am not even beginning to function (day 4 after FEC 2) and the prospect of work is laughable. I really admire all who do it. I'm not coping with little ones like Lowfatlovatt is, but my parenting skills with my older lot are a bit hit and miss right now (feeling guilty about breakfast interaction with daughter). If it's any comfort (not sure that it is!), I felt that it would be impossible to go through chemo again at the end of the first week, but I improved so much that it was fine when it came round again. I even had some really nice days (hanging on to that thought).
Caz13

Good morning ladies 🙂 I just wanted to say - hats off and huge respect to any of you who actually manage to work or even function semi normally through this!!! I am 6 days after EC 1 and feel bleep awful. I'm clearly not as buff as I ever thought. I need to man up for my next, otherwise I'll be sticking my head in the sand and 'forgetting' the next appointment 😉 xxx
lowfatlovatt

Hey up me ducks
Hows everyone doing
Ive put 4lb on cuz of the bleeding steroids, its official im now a heffa! Andys new nickname for me is baldy so for the foreseeable future he is not being called andrew or andy, his name is now andrea 😊
Jaffacakes, hope your mum looked after you for the day and the kids helped
Sue, im glad you were able to get yourself out to see your mum and dad
(I havent seen or spoken to my mum and dad since I was 16)
Marie, you can bottle me if you like but im not sure I would fit now ive put 4lb on
Im off to have a soak in the bath cuz ive been involved in some hot steamy action today....thats right ladies, ive been cleaning 😁
Love and hugs
Hayley
Xxx
Jaffacakes

Glad you got to see your parents and your friend yesterday, Sue. Cordial is definitely where I'm at for now - which is annoying, as my husband keeps on being given really nice wine! But at least he got given eggs as well yesterday, so I could enjoy those. I really sympathise with the difficulty of being the 'strong mum'. Just no way to do it when laid up from the chemo. I would love it if I could stop my children worrying, but that's not in my power. And oh boy am I shedding a lot of hair at the moment. Worse than the dog.
Sue123

Hi girls and thanks for your support. It really is nice to hear from you. I went to see my elderly parents yesterday. They are not in the best of health but it was nice to just sit with them and have a cuppa and we all had a go at doing the Times crossword!! My friend came yesterday evening and she had half a bottle of wine and I had a couple of glasses of cordial, I know how to live it up!!

Well today's another day so I plan to see one of my daughters and go for a little walk. The other daughter lives with me and struggles a bit with my diagnosis telling me 'you are ok the cancer has gone so you are ok' whilst ignoring the chemo issues. I think she just wants me to be strong mum again and it's so hard at the mo, Love and best wishes to you all and have as good a day as you can,xx

Mariecay

Hi fairy.
Don't suffer with the nausea there are other things they can and will give you. I phoned day 2 after my first cycle for something extra and they were more than happy to give them me. I sucked on bassats pear drops when I had the funny taste and they did help a little.
Marie x
Mariecay

Hi Caz.
Hope your feeling better and been able to get up and about this afternoon.
Marie x
Mariecay

Hi sue, sorry your having such a rubbish day, hopefully your friend came round for a cuppa and gossip.
Marie x
Jaffacakes

Oh that metallic taste is a bore, fairy guardian. I feel like the fussiest of hotel guests who can only eat small amounts of very specific things, and then I change my mind meal by meal. This is round two of FEC for me, and I know that it does get better, but I must admit I've written off the first few days. And my mind loses all memories around the chemo. Don't like that bit at all.
Jaffacakes

Sorry you're having such a rough time, Sue. That's a lot to deal with in top of the chemo which, lets face it, is enough in itself. And so hard to have lost your partner. My mum is here today to help out, which I definitely need as I can't get up yet, and I'm very touched at how happy she is to be able to do something practical. I just hope the kids are helping out - I have one conscientious one, while the other two are a bit easy going, shall we say, when it comes to helping out.
fairyguardian

I had my first Fec yesterday, Nausea is pretty bad but the worse of it is the metal taste in my mouth finding it really hard to eat or drink at the moment.  I am sure it will be a learning curve and i hope things get better

Caz13

Hi all you ladies and particularly, Sue. You sound like you are having an awful day. I too have just startled my chemo so it feels like a very long road ahead when you feel so poorly but must be worse with this kidney complication tou have. I hope your friend manages to pop in later and you can have a good gossip. I'm lucky that I have so many people around me and feel awful that I haven't been able to be bothered with them as I have felt so sick. Had first EC chemo wed, admitted to hosp wed night with extreme nausea and no sickness IV they gave me helped at all. I really don't know how I'm going to face the next one!
Are your daughters coming back again later, Sue? It must be difficult dealing with the kidney issue as well as this chemo. I hope you feel better as the days go on and manage to enjoy some of this lovely bright weather. I'm determined to get out of bed this afternoon as I have been too dizzy, sick and exhausted till this point. Onward and upward ladies xxx
Sue123

Hi all, and a happy st Davids day to you all. You really sound a lovely upbeat lot and need some of that today. I have had ongoing kidney problems and pain to contend with alongside my chemo and as my chemo is due to continue until at least the end of July I feel at the bottom of a dark slippery tunnel! I have an appointment with a kidney doc in a couple of weeks so hopefully may get it sorted. My kidney probs started after my WLE in December and before chemo  and all ct scans have ruled out anything serious thank goodness...so here i am left in pain and feeling sicky with chemo and depressed as my partner died last june suddenly.

So sorry girls but you are my only outlet this weekend. My lovely daughters are both out and about and they have been so good to me i have told them i am fine today, when i am anything but, as they need to have a bit of space from me. One of my friends will pop in later but as we all know saturday is usually family day.

Other than that my chemo has been Ok really, and odansetron has been really good. Just feel a bit off my food but able to eat.  Only problem is the dreaded constipation when i have finished the 3 day supply. It is like a juggernaut has started in my tummy!! so taking the lactulose and senna and going for walks to 'get things going' (only we could talk like this hey??)

Anyway, love and best thoughts to you all. i don't post that often but your messages are a boost to read and lowfatlovett, i say you are a star because you just get on with it and I do love to hear about your family and what you all get up to, Sue x

Jaffacakes

Hi all, the Emend has worked wonders for me; didn't throw up at all this time and have managed to eat and, especially, drink more, which I'm sure helps. I'm still pretty bed bound, as I get faint if I'm up too long, but I can cope with that and may de-bunk to the sofa soon. With maximum fuss.

Lowfatlovatt, my lot are definitely easier at 16, 14, 11, and believe in weekend lie ins. My mum has come for the day to help out. That might be more work...
Nikki49

I hope you don't mind me gate crashing.
I finished 6 x fec-t on Xmas Eve.
I have been reading that a lot of you have suffered with nausea & sickness, I was lucky and was given the wonder drug Emend from the get go, as well as cyclizine & Granesetron but I did still feel rough for 10 days after my first fec. One of the girls in my group (September 2013) swore by drinking water, drink at least 2 litres day before, day of & day after, I tried this and omg it was like a miracle sooo much better.
As for me now, the aches of the devil tax are beginning to leave my body, I'm now back at work full time, started back at the gym 2 weeks ago, need to get rid of the 2.5 stone I put on during chemo, hair is beginning to come back albeit mostly bum fluff lol
Best wishes
Mariecay

Hi Alice.
You shouldn't have to suffer with the nausea, ask them for some different drugs to help and if they don't help ask for more! They only give you the bare minimum, it's all down to money so you need to insist! Hope your ok.
Marie x
Mariecay

Hi hazel
The nausea was bad for me too on my first. I'm on TAC which a little different. They changed what was given via the drip yesterday for my second cycle. It was some drug which belongs to the ondansteron family and last up to five days. Although it's still early days, I've still felt a little nauseated but managed to eat a little this time which has helped. Last time I didn't eat for 5 days or drink for 2! Maybe it's worth an ask.
Marie x
Mariecay

Hahaha lowfatlovatt I love that reply to your invite! I actually woke my other half up laughing! You are so funny, I wish I could bottle you and be able to open you up on my down days!
Marie x
lowfatlovatt

Who wants a 17year old, an 11year old, a 5year old and a 9week old cuz I feel like **bleep**e x
Hazelb27

Don't feel guilty Alice. My nausea lasted a week. I can't imagine what it's been like for you having it 3 weeks so far!! Its so debilitating. Like you I haven't eaten much when I know I should be so I am able to get my strength back for next week. Make sure you get different meds. My BCN has been great letting me try different anti-sick meds until I found the right one.
The district nurse came out today and took blood and stool samples so hopefully that will sort out my very upset tummy. The BCN talked about admitting me to hospital but I'd like to avoid that if I can. She also said I might not be able to have my next chemo dose next week because I'm not strong enough. On the one hand that's music to my ears and on the other, it just makes this whole thing last longer. We'll see what happens.

Hazel x
alice45

Dear Ladies, I feel really guilty at making such a fuss when some of you are having a much worse time nausea-wise! At least I haven't actually been sick. It's just the thought of the constant nausea - and limited food intake - going on for the next 15 weeks...

Let's hope we all get better relief as the treatment goes on. I guess the first cycle is a steep learning curve for us and for those treating us. It really is most encouraging to hear others' experiences and recommendations. I shall march off on Monday for FEC2 with what I hope are helpful suggestions and hope they will be acted on.

PS despite cold cap the hair started coming out this morning... Off to the wig shop this afternoon!

Hazelb27

Hi Alice45,

I was sick on day 1 and got changed to ondansetron and cyclizine and it did the trick but only for a few days. I felt really good and thought this would be a breeze. Until last Wednesday that is.... I ended up at A&E because I couldn't stop being sick and the nausea was overwhelming. They gave me an injection that stopped the sickness but not the nausea. Fast forward 5 days and I was still in bed with severe nausea. BCN's got my meds changed on Sunday to Nozinan. By Tuesday the nausea had gone. It's really worked well for me. I've now got bad diarrhoea (had it for 4 days) so another call to the BCN will be made this morning. I'm just so tired of feeling I'll and I've only had 1 FEC!!! How on earth I'm supposed to face the next one in Thursday of next week, I'll never know...

Hazel x
lowfatlovatt

Hey up me ducks
Hope SE's are minion for everyone!
Emend is working for me so far, still have an icky feeling but no being sick, headaches are driving me mad though
Marie, I dont know how I managed to be so polite either, I do hope your ok xxx
Jaffacakes, I was thinking of you today, hope your ok and this time in 3 weeks we'll be half way through!
Ive done the school run this afternoon and noah made my day, my hair is all gone now so of course everyone on the playground was looking (even though id got scarf and cap on) noah came out and kids were asking why id got a scarf on my head, noah turned to them and said cuz my mums a superhero, bless him I could of cried! Me and andy been asked out for drinks tomorrow night by friends we havent seen for a while (That's the last thing I want to do) so I replied to the text with a simple 'sorry cant make it, alcohol doesnt agree with me, it thinks my husband is attractive'
Love and hugs
Hayley
Xxx
Mariecay

I've got everything crossed for you. You can cope with other stuff but sickness just stops everything! X
Jaffacakes

Good luck, Marie. I'm glad you're being taken seriously, and I hope you get it sorted. I'm not sick yet from todays chemo, but it's much later this time as I had to have a white cell recount (thank god they squeaked over the threshold this time) and i haven't yet hit the tricky point.
Mariecay

Hi everyone. I was the same with the sickness, mine lasted 9 days! I couldn't eat for 5 of them or drink for 2 of them, which obviously makes it worse!
I've been to the chemo unit today to ask about emend for tomorrow. I spoke to the nurse who administered my last chemo...she said the 2 lots given through the drip were emend and should have lasted in my system for 5 days! I was only given domperidone to take at home and on day 2 had to phone the hospital for some ondanfectron which helped take the edge off with the domperidone but still felt dreadful!
Anyway, she said that it wasn't good enough as I shouldn't feel like that so has told me to get to the unit an hour earlier and she will speak to the oncologist who may suggest to take the emend tablet an hour before chemo, so we shall see. I shall have my fingers crossed x
Jaffacakes

Oh, Alice, I meant to say that the new drug for me is emend - I had the others already and was super sick with them. Lots of people swear by emend, so that's probably the key one to make a pitch for.
Sue
Jaffacakes

Yup. A sit in sounds good. I think this is definitely the time for (polite) assertiveness.
alice45

Jaffacakes, thank you. Do let me know if the new regime of meds helps you this time. I'm going in for the pre-chemo blood test on Sunday, so will try and speak to someone then, though I doubt that there will be a doctor around. But unless the hair starts falling out in handfuls over the weekend I shall continue with the cold cap on Monday, so there will be plenty of hanging around. If necessary I shall just stage a sit-in!

Jaffacakes

Hi Alice, sorry you've had such a rotten time following your FEC. I was also very sick on FEC for the first few days, but it did pick up for me. This time I am having emend (apprepitant) plus ondansetron plus domperidone plus the steroids. Im really hoping these will do the trick! The oncology doctor prescribed them. If you are not seeing the doctor in advance, it may be worth ringing the chemo unit to find out the best way of making sure you get what you need - you don't want to be faffing round on the day while they try to get prescriptions made up.

I don't know whether tackling it early means that you then won't get ill later on - I do know that it's easier to prevent the nausea than to treat it. However, when I talked to my chemo unit, they advised me to ask my GP for three weeks worth of ondansetron and domperidone (the GP got it wrong, so I didn't get the full whack, but that's a different issue). So that leads on to the last thing, which is that your GP should prescribe this stuff. Mine will do it over the phone and is obliging about giving me what I ask for; I've been given too few pills again this time so I have every intention of going back to the GP.

Phew. Sorry. All rather long winded, but this nausea business is no joke. And I agree, biscuits just aren't going to cut it.

Good luck!
alice45

I was just thinking that, too! But here I am about to ask a question. I'm approaching the end of my first cycle and have been experiencing nausea for the full 3 weeks - particularly today. When I go in for FEC2 on Monday they will not be getting near my portacath until I have been told what improved sickness control they are proposing for the next cycle! I know it's not their fault; they had no means of knowing how I was going to react to the chemo  (very badly) and, going in in reasonable health and with a very positive attitude, I was astonished at how poorly I tolerated it.

Following useful suggestions from you lovely and supportive ladies, I am going to ask for ondansetron or emend. Having looked them up it seems as though you only take them for a limited period - and my nausea lasts all 3 weeks... Is that so? What is your experience, please? I am hoping that if the stuff works it should knock the nausea on the head for the duration of the cycle - is that the way it works? Anyone else experiencing prolonged nausea, and any useful tips? Ginger biscuits don't help, by the way, and the foul taste in the mouth is just producing a long list of things I can't eat at the moment. Hey ho - only 5 to go...

Rowan44

Its gone very quiet in here are we all ok ?
Mariecay

Omg lowfatlovatt the nerve of some people! You did very well to stay so calm and polite, especially at this point in your life! Having breast cancer and all the treatments has made me so intolerant and impatient! I don't think I'd have handled it as nicely as you. Hope your ok after your treatment and the little one too after being sick.
Marie x
Jaffacakes

Lowfatlovatt, I'm so pleased you made it clear to her that what she said was unacceptable. Honestly! Why anyone feels they have a right to pass judgement on other people's lives leaves me baffled. And in a chemo suite too. I have a friend who had to have chemo when pregnant; certain chemo drugs are safe after the first trimester, but she found it really hurtful that others would feel free to criticise her during chemo for "harming her baby". As if they could ever care more about her child than she did. I suspect you are better at standing up for yourself than I would be! Glad you are two down. Me next with number 2 on Thursday.
kay73

Hi lowfatlovatt
Sounds like you are doing really well !
I was diagnosed late September, my chemo started late October (Epirubicin, cyclophosphamide x3 and taxotere x 3).
My hair loss was exactly two weeks after my first treatment, took about a week to be completely bald !
I didn't use cold cap and had two lots of hair cut, first 15 inches which was heart breaking and then 7 inches ! The hair texture changed the moment it started falling out and was a pain as it just got everywhere !
I sulked for about a week while it was falling out and a couple of days after,my mum helped me trim the last bit of hair off, call us weird but we swore at the hair coming out and as the cancer dying and falling out !
Once I got over that I was fine with baldness 🙂 got a lovely wig but never worn it, feels alien ! Got lots of scarves and beanies from Anna bandana online 🙂 reasonable and pretty !
Went to a look good feel better session, well worth it for me, you learn all sorts about make up application but the brows and lashes bit helped me greatly 🙂 (great make up goody bag too )
Tomorrow 26th feb I have my last chemo treatment, my hair is growing thick and fast which has given me a confidence boost and my op will be afterward ! It's nice to know its all worth it, my lump has reduced from 3.5-4 cm down to 1cm and that was before treatment five.
Keep things normal and positive, keep healthy with food and get your vitamins in one way or another, I take a supplement and juices, smoothies etc ... I watch lots of films or programmes that make me laugh when I'm not working on my dodgy weeks to keep my morale up, it works 🙂
Everyone is different, it's not pleasant at times but I've done everything I can with the support and help from my hubby, family and friends, if you're offered support or a chance to chat take it, even if its by text with friends it has helped me 🙂 my hubby said he'd shave his head too bless him 🙂 we made sure he didn't lol 🙂
We set stages and goals and give ourselves some things to look forward to once we pass them 🙂
I thought the hair would be the worst bit ! But actually its been ok! The side effects have been harder to deal with as we ve gone along ! Time has flown by to this point, I wish you luck through this, you sound like you're dealing with it well !!! Kay x
lowfatlovatt

Hey up me ducks
FEC 2 done, hoping that I dont react with the reduced dose like I did last time! chemo wasnt without its drama after being told by some woman who thought she was above me telling me I should be ashamed to have got pregnant at 16, andy had to leave to fetch noah from school cuz he'd been sick, was having a lovely chat with the nurse about the kids asking how old they were and what they all like doing when this woman piped up that I should be ashamed of myself for getting pregnant at 16 and going on to have 3 more kids when they all must have different fathers, the look on her face when I told her that I got pregnant at 15 and had freya the week after my 16th birthday was priceless and when andy got back she was speechless as we had a lovely conversation about how we'd been together 19 years, I looked at the woman and said dont judge, we both sat here having chemo so you no better than me, sorry but made me mad!
Cant sleep, just want shut off xxx
Rowan44

hi IAC you are welcome anywhere ,  here or on facebook group as well  if you use it !! The more the merrier ! 

If you use facebook message me with your name and profile pic description and I will try to find you all posts and comments are only seen by other group members as the settings are set to secret 🙂

Rowan44

Jaffacakes

Hi there, Isa. Of course you are very welcome! You start chemo on my 50th birthday, but I still haven't worked out how to celebrate a birthday in the middle of chemo... Little and often, I think, but no champagne for me.
IAC

Hi Josi, I will be starting my chemo on March 10 but I was wondering if I can join in this group? Isa

Rowan44

Good Luck with the treatment today Lowfatlovatt hope you have an easier time of it this time check in and let us know , big hugs sent out to ya XXX
Jaffacakes

Good luck with the next FEC, Lowfatlovatt! You're two days ahead of me so it's blood tests (and a genetics interview) for me today, then a PICC line tomorrow, then the joys of chemo itself on Thursday. I hope your SEs keep low key and that the kids weather it well.
lowfatlovatt

Trying to sleep ahead of fec 2 tomorrow xxx
Rowan44

Hi Caroline welcome and sorry that you find yourself here ,  hope all goes well with your chemo  and we are all here to help and support 

I am now day 4 of 2nd FEC , am having 3 FEC and 3 T  one dose every 3 weeks , I was really scared imagining all sorts of symptoms and scared of the treatment but so far so good , not doing to bad at all , was a little knocked off on day 2 but that was my fault for not reading the label on the medications ! doh 

If you happen to use Facebook we have a group of us on there  up and running now , personal message me for details the settings are set to secret so only members of the group can see your posts and comments nothing shows on your normal news feed  we all post on here too tho so dont feel obliged 🙂

Rowan44

Jaffacakes

Hey there Caroline. Welcome, but sorry you have to be here. It sounds as though your treatment has been pretty fast moving to date, which is great (speaking as someone who has had to wait a loooong time at every stage). Completely understandable to be stressed about your wretched lymph nodes. Of course talk to the professionals, but sounds like it could be a normal response to a throat infection? Particularly if it's the other side. And speaking as an old hand after all of one chemo session I can echo what others have said: chemo is no fun but it's doable. And actually I've had a nice ten days feeling pretty great, if a little easily tired (chemo started 6 feb for me).
Caz13

Hi everybody
Hope its ok to gatecrash the group. I'm starting chemo (EC) on Wednesday. I was diagnosed on 6th jan, mastectomy 16th. 5 'sites' 3 were non invasive but 2 were grade 3; 2.4 mm and 12mm. No lymph node involvement. I have developed 2 swollen nodes behind ear over last 3 weeks and a stiff neck which is on the opposite side to the mastectomy, so pretty stressed about that.
I'm pretty scared about the chemo starting but I'm trying to not read too much about it and take it as it comes. I'm determined to remember any side effects are down to the drugs not illness!
Wishing you all the best and sending hugs.
Love, Caroline x