cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Chemo in February 2014?

Hazelb27

Re: Starting Chemo in February 2014?

Hi everyone,

Jaffacakes is right Alice, it was me who took Nozinan and it meant I had zero nausea during FEC2. I'll get it again when I go for FEC3 on Thursday. I did vomit 3 times the morning after the chemo but took domperidone for that. My regime was a nozinan in the morning and one at night with domperidone in between times (up to 8 a day if needed) but I only needed 2 or 3 in between times.

I understand your fear of it messing with your head. I read the accompanying leaflet and was a bit freaked out to see its also used to treat schizophrenia BUT at 16 to 32 times the dosage to treat nausea. It didn't mess my head at all. It can cause drowsiness until your system is used to it but for me, I wasn't drowsy at all mainly I think because of the steroids offsetting it for the first few days and by then my system was used to the nozinan.

You have been so ill up to this point that it might be worth a try. Having no nausea has made FEC2 really easy for me in comparison to FEC1. I've been out and about a lot more and even had an overnight with my husband on Sunday. I still don't have a massive appetite but have been able to eat all kinds of things without any worry at all. I just hope it still works for FEC3 😊

I hope everyone else is doing ok and keeping well.

Lots of love,

Hazel x
Jaffacakes

Alice, it was Hazel who used nozinan and said that it transformed her experience of the whole thing. I know what you mean about avoiding strong drugs, but if you're not able to eat and sleep properly, that's not good for your system either. I am very very sympathetic to the feeling sick thing at anything associated with the chemo. I get that too. I also think it's really tough not being able to find anything you want to eat; I've so far always had at least something I can eat, although it is on occasion very odd...
alice45

Dear Ladies, good morning. High on steroids, low on sleep (only arrived late afternoon, so had to take them then) but feeling so much better!

Not allowing myself to get hungy is a problem as I am NEVER hungry and am eating hardly anything. There is nothing in the entire world I want to eat - have to force myself to eat cereal in the morning, soup at lunchtime and something in the evening (that something on recent nights has been 2 crispbread...)  I've lost over half a stone already.

Last chemo session they offered something called Nozinan which I refused as someone else had mentioned it and I looked it up and it sounds as though it messes with your brain, which is the only thing that still seems to belong to me, but I think I may consider it next time. Because they have been unable to control the physical reactions they are fast becoming psychological problems. I now feel sick if I think of walking through the front door of the hospital, or think of those fat white chairs, or even look at the clothes I wore last time. So if they can give me something to knock out the psychological probs perhaps it will be easier to cope with the physical ones. Something to discus with the onc on Friday...

Bigpumpkin

Oh Alice, I am so sorry they cannot control this. "don't suffer in silence", they would bleat down the phone as I was in tears, but they never did anything !! As soon as I clapped eyes on the Paxman I was in tears and that is how I remained throughout the Chemo- just the thought- well no need to explain that to you I expect. The Nurse was so lovely and it felt good to get it out. I had a Lorazepam 1mg, never taken anything like that in my life but was willing to try anything (apparently its for sickness too ) When I met the Oncologist the Wed before treatment she offered me to stop FEC and start TAX, maybe if Id had any time to think, but it was just thrust upon me right at the end of the consultation and I didnt know what to do. I decided to go with everything she offered. This time I had the same cocktail in the IV beforehand (same family as Emend apparently) ondansetron for 5 days, Domperidone for 7 days and my usual Omeprazole, which I have been taking 2, I also gave in and have a Lorazepam 1mg morning and night and A zopiclone for bed. I didnt want to go down that road really but it has made a great difference. I would feel so sick that I was unable to sleep but now I get a good night sleep. I am having a break before TAX starts which would be the Thur before Good Friday but now it will be the Thur after. At least I may hopefully enjoy the Easter Bunny with little pumpkin x x the Nurse who did my Chemo said it was so totally unfair to feel sick all the time and she promised me that if the tablets didnt work they would take me in to hospital and put me on a syringe driver (again not what I would want - but any port in a storm) could this possibly be an option for you. Oh and being told "you are just one of the unlucky ones" really gives no comfort does it xxx Alice I really hope they will do something for you. Please let us know how you are xxxx
Mariecay

Hi Alice
I was having this same problem and I went to see my oncologist last week and after discussion and examination it was decided there was possibly a stomach problem such as too much acid so was given some ranitidine and told never to let myself get hungry as it makes the nausea worse. I've followed their instructions as hard as it's been and I have started to feel better. The odd occasion where I've not been able to get to any food I've noticed I've started to feel really sick again. Worth a try?
Marie s
alice45

No, I'm getting 6 of the b.....s. That is, if I turn up for no.4. More meds faxed to GP this afternoon (more steroids than they usually give) so hope tomorrow will be better. Oncologist will get a right earful on Friday. They say they can control side effects, but it's all LIES.  Woman Sad

Jaffacakes

Oh Alice, I'm so sorry things are going so miserably. That is too long to be feeling sick. I'm hoping this is your last FEC? Tax seems to come with it's own sweet side effects, but at least nausea isn't meant to be one of them.
alice45

FEC3, day8 and it's the worst yet. Closest I've been to actually throwing up this morning. Probably didn't because there's nothing in my stomach. Have just emailed BCN with desperate plea for help. Supposed to see oncologist on Friday but I won't get there if I feel like this. I feel sick 21 days out of 21 and nothing they have given me (and they seem to have given me the lot) works. I'd really like something to knock me out completely for the next 2 months... Sorry to be a misery. Glad some of you are doing better.

Kess

Had a feeble couple of days after Friday, but starting to pick up a bit today. Taking today off but hoping to be up to working from home at least a bit tomorrow. Still have eyebrows and lashes and patchy hair elsewhere. Glad your husband can help out with spotty pumpkin - that must be a big relief. Sorry to hear you wore yourself out jaffacakes but hope you had a good time. It's hard not to be able to do things that were easy before.
Bigpumpkin

Morning all Fec 3 day 4, still keeping this nausea under control. It makes such a difference, I hope everyone else is doing ok x x Thanks Mariecay and Jaffacakes, just had my husband examiming my new head growth with his head torch on lol !! But I think its going to take a while !!!
al

Hayley how are you after Chemo, how is Ellis??
Alice, how are you after your Chemo?
Hope everyone is foing well.
I have my husband home today to look after spotty pumpkin, so that is a big relief!!

Take care xxx
Jaffacakes

Mariecay, I hope you manage to ward off any infections. Definitely a sensible decision to stay home, but what a blow that must have been. I had a big day out yesterday but it was way too much for me and I've had to be very very quiet today.

Hayley, how did the FEC go? Is Ellis on the mend and are you ok?
Jaffacakes

How great to have your boys together, Bigpumpkin.
I think my very sparse hair is still growing but it looks pretty awful. I've been told it may grow a bit more on tax, but will then fall out again along with the eyebrows and lashes which are still holding on. I still have plenty of hair in unwanted places - had to finally do something about my hairy legs as clearly that wasn't about to fall out in a hurry.
Mariecay

Hi bigpumpkin, really glad to hear that the nausea has kept it's distance, it's just the worse thing ever! May it continue. The family gathering must have really lifted your spirits too.
Re: hair....I've got a very sparse peachy covering on my head that appears to be growing! It shows no sign of shifting anyway. I've also still got some pubic hair, hair on my arms and my full eyebrows. My leg and underarms have completely gone and I've only a few eyelashes left! I'm really having to work hard with my make up now. I've got my look good feel better session on Tuesday so really looking forward to that.
How's everyone else doing?
Marie x
Bigpumpkin

Hi all 3FEC day 2
Oh how miserable you must feel Mariecay, one foor over the doorstep ! Of course you must take heed.it will be better for you in the long run, you need to get better- no point going away and worrying about things.are you garging with Difflam? Its good stuff xxx

I was offered a councillor too on Wednesday Kess, I said I would think about it and I may well give it a shot - anything than may help has got to be a bonus.

Fingers crossed I feel pretty much ok- nausea has not raised her ugly head yet !! Maybe its hoorah for the Domoeridone- time will tell. Little spotty pumpkin is happy enough with his brother biggest brother who drove down from Yorkshire and Sam his middle bro who lives with us. Infact having us all here together is like the Christmas we never really had a family reunion as my second op was looming in the begining of Jan. , tried to make Christmas special for the pumpkin but now its soo good to see the boys laughing 😍😍😍

How is anyone else .? Hope you are all good
😍😍😍
Oh I have a question. Yes I have lost some of my hair mainly from my partin on head but can feel like bristles there. Is that my hair growing back? I know a lot of you have been brave and shaved your hair- any comments would be appteciated xxxx oh Im pretty sure my leg hairs are trying their hardest to grow too!! I havnt even lost my arm air yet, which I was actually looking forward to !!!!
And finally- what about eyebrows and lashes.i think my brows may be thinning but still have lashes xxxxx
Mariecay

Hi everyone.
Well I had an exciting day yesterday. Been having problems with my stomach and since chemo this has got worse. I was given meds 2 weeks ago to help but I felt that it was making it worse and on top of that my tummy swelled yesterday morning. So I phoned me usual GP who said I shouldn't have been given those tablets as it would make the problem worse and I should speak to my oncologist as a matter of urgency regarding the tummy and swelling. The oncologist asked me to go in to be checked over and have bloods done. They agreed there was a problem with my stomach and gave me some meds to try till next chemo and if they don't work they will investigate further.
We were going away for the weekend and as I was walking out the door with my weekend bag the hospital phoned to say my bloods were dangerously low @ 0.3 and that I was to inform them immediately if I felt unwell or develop a temperature. They told me they strongly advise that I should not go away and should stay at home as I can go from being really well to seriously ill in minutes!
Obviously I have took heed of their advice so have unpacked my bag and am now sat at home nursing a sore throat that I developed yesterday evening! Temp is still ok so fingers crossed it remains that way.
How's everyone else doing?
Marie x
Jaffacakes

Well, I've taken to crying every time I walk in that hospital. And what with ultrasound for blood clots and extra visits for PICC line checking, I cry quite a lot! It's just how it goes for now, I reckon.
Kess, I have a counsellor and I've found her really helpful.
Kess

Must be really hard coping with little ones on top of it all. My "little boy" is now 15', and so far taken it all well. I am impressed you are carrying on with the cold cap bigpumpkin. It made me cry just looking at it so never used it in the end. I don't think you should worry about getting upset - I suspect it's a far from rare thing even for those of us who are normally pretty reserved. I had sedatives this time round although I don't think I needed them- it was just such a mess last time I got all worked up! I have also arranged some counselling which I figure can't hurt and hopefully will help me find some coping mechanisms.

Had a much better session today home by 1 and just had a nap. Feel pretty rubbish but not as bad as I did last time.

Bigpumpkin

Sorry to hear about your added family troubles Mariecay, its hard enough going through treatment without additional stresses. Hope your sons is coping well with the cast. I had a wobbly start to chemo- just blubbering away- couldnt really stop myself. I am such a private person and would not dream of crying in public
I clapped eyes on the Paxman and well it all kicked off from there really. My treatment is in but just waiting the extra 2 hrs with the cold cap. Kess how are you doing xx?
Hubby told little spotty pumpkin to see orthop pead and he seems please with his ankle. Hopefully 2 weeks and he can have it taken offx x
Hows things Hayley, these children are so precious but they sure make us worry xx
Kess

I haven't tried it but heard that sucking pineapple can help. Or if you can cope with the acidity try lemon or lime maybe?
Mariecay

Thank you everyone. My sister is no great loss to me. It was a year or so before diagnosis since I last saw her and only did see her at diagnosis cause she asked to see me! She didn't ask anything about the diagnosis we just chatted about other things. I haven't seen her since only heard she didn't want to speak to me but she couldn't say why till now! That's why I'm lost as to how I've made it about me! Unfortunately for her though it is about me, I am the one dealing with this and haven't got time for petty jealousy. Let's hope she doesn't get what she wishes for! Like I said she's not important to me, whereas getting rid of this ridiculous taste in my mouth is! Lol I can now taste food and enjoy it while I'm eating but once I've finished my mouth tastes so bad! Anyone else having this? If so, any ideas how to ease it?
Marie x
Jaffacakes

Unbelievable, Marie! Some people are just so fixed on themselves. I'm sorry about your sister; that's hard to accept. She's obviously got a bunch of her own issues that you really can't help with. One of my sisters is finding my cancer hard as it brings back her own cancer experience of a few years ago, so conversations tend to flip back to her and how hard she found it and how unsupported she was. All one can do is carry on as steady as possible, just as you are doing, keeping it normal for the children. As to looks! I have a reasonably big event tomorrow that I'd like to look not too awful for, but now have a fancy new stye on my eye which has completely swollen up. This treatment is the right thing to be doing. It offers me my best chance of living. It's nonetheless horrible and testing me in ways I had never imagined.
Kess

Hi Marie sorry things are rough for you right now and I hope they start to improve. I really can't believe how your sister has responded. That is such a shame as families can be such a good support. Just try not to let it get you down and spend time with the people who make you feel better not worse.

Been in since 8.30 this morning. They managed to access the port this time (was newly in last time and didn't work) so that is a relief as my veins are still sore in one hand and arm from first chemo. Managed the premeds through it, so now just in the waiting time till the nurse comes back with my drugs and ice lolly! Hope everyone having treatment today gets through it ok, and we don't suffer too badly for the next few days.
Mariecay

I hate it when people say to me your half way through! To me all I can think is I've got the same amount to go again!
I've had a very odd week this week. I haven't felt too great and the taste thing that I've developed this time is really getting me down.
Firstly like I said, I haven't felt too great. My self esteem has reached an all time low. I look in the mirror and wonder who this strange person looking back at me is. I have half a boob which is at least 10 cms higher than my other one. I've no hair. Not only have I gained a considerable amount of weight ( 1 1/2 stone since diagnosis) but I'm also very swollen. I've aged too, not just visually but physically too. I constantly sweat from the hot flushes, that seem to come every 10 to 20 mins. My eyes constantly look tired and sore from the constant streaming!
I'm struggling to keep inside the rising anger and frustration that I feel towards people and their insensitive comments. Just the other day a bloke I know said "it could be worse, you could have what I had, my throat is still sore a month later" not that I'm belittling him or what he has/is going through, but seriously, he had throat cancer which was cleared up with 4 weeks of radiotherapy. I stood before him with no hair looking dreadful as it was only 5 days post chemo, having had 2 ops and looking forward to 5 weeks radio, another op and 10 years of medication and a lifetime of praying it never returns! I really wanted to punch him!
My sister who hasn't spoke to me since I told her I had been diagnosed also decided this week to let my other sister know why. Apparently she had been feeling down for a bit beforehand and was upset as it was all about 'me' now and it made her feel worse as she wasn't getting the attention...yes ladies, this actually came out of another human beings mouth! I wouldn't mind but I haven't been any different during any of my treatment. I have made sure life has remained as close to normal as possible for my children regardless how how ill I may have been, I have cooked, cleaned, washed, ironed and gone back to work as soon as I've got over the worst of the SE.
Jeez I do feel so much better now I've wrote all that down, it feels like I've lifted a weight off!

On a happy note though, I'm going away this weekend as I so desperately need a break from all this.

Hope you are all well, thanks for being there to listen/read.

Hailey how's your little one?

Marie x
Hazelb27

Good luck to everyone having their chemo today. You all sound like you've been through the wars of late so I hope this time round isn't so bad.

Hazel x
Jaffacakes

Good luck to everyone having chemo tomorrow. And I hope the chicken pox and the fractures aren't causing too much distress (goodness, it's been very eventful). Lots of people have said to me that being halfway through chemo is quite a tough point - too far from the endpoint to be able to feel that the end is in sight, but far enough in to be feeling thoroughly fed up with it all by now. I am certainly fed up with it! A change from FEC to T makes me hopeful for a slightly easier set of symptoms, but as my brother in law (who's had chemo) said, be careful what you wish for! My physical symptoms have been slightly better this time round (other than fatigue, which is worse) but my mood has not been so great. What I would like now is a few days of warmish sunshine so I can get in the garden and feel like there is life out there. Easter holidays soon, and have to work out how to make it fun for the children, even if we're not doing much. My eldest has GCSEs, so he is planning to work (??!!), but the others need a break.
Bigpumpkin

Thank you everyone x x
Chemo on schedule as planned (gulp)
Good luck tomorrow Kess x
What time does your session start ? Im 10am
I will be thinking of you xxx
Rowan44

Yeah I probably have pushed it a bit ! LOL yes it was so worth it tho. I have slept this afternoon but still tired when I woke temperature is ok tho and I am eating well its just the tip of my tongue now that is sore but at least food tastes normal !
Mariecay

I'm not too bad Rowan thank you, still feel rubbish but the nausea has eased an awful lot. I too am having major mouth issues this cycle, it's not been too bad till this one! Mouth really sorry, awful taste! Everything taste like I'm licking envelopes! Stomach still feels 'raw' very strange sensation. Fatigue has hit this time too. Your body has had some exciting times of late Rowan probs why your extra tired and unsettled but I bet all the fun of the bands have been worth it 🙂
Marie x
Mariecay

Seems we have something in common bigpumpkin, my boy fractured his foot too, the day before my chemo! On the positive side he did get to come sit with me for the last 20 mins which he found reassuring as it wasn't as scary as he imagined. He is 13 though
Marie x
Kess

sorry to hear things are tricky for you bigpumpkin. I hope your little one doesn't suffer too much, and that you hear soon about your next session of chemo. I am in for EC3 tomorrow. one more after that before I switch to 4 of T seems such a long way to go. Just have to keep podding on.

on the plus side had a good week and been in to work every day so far and went out for a meal with some friends last night. I hope every week 3 is this good.
Rowan44

Aww Poor little pumpkin fracture and chickenpox , hope you hear soon Bigpumpkin whether your chemo is delayed or not .. 

I cant seem to wake up today but cant sleep properly either ? still having mouth issues  sore tongue in spite of nystatin and difflam if it carries on tomorrow I am going to ring the GP and see if there is something else we can do 

Hayley I hope your little one is doing better and hope your chemo has gone ok this time 

Marie how are you doing ? 

Rowanxx

Bigpumpkin

Hi Jaffacakes, glad you are feeling a little better. Hi everyone. Well you know that old saying it never rains but .....,,. Well my little boy has a possible hairline fracture of anke and has his leg in plaster. Goodness knows how he did that- he's been to a Bouncy Castle party but ???? anyway I noticed a couple of spots on him yesterday and low and behold its chickenpox !!! My Chemo is scheduled for tomorrow, I now await a return phone call to see if it will go ahead. As you can imagine Im right up there with having a bad day !!

Hayley hope your little one is a bit better xxx
Hope you are feeling better Mariecay x
Hope the side effects are being kind to you Alice. Apparently I had gold star meds in the IV before the last chemo, swapped Metrocloperamide for Domperidome also got some Lorazepam to take before Chemo (if it goes ahead)
I could just do with a good nights sleep xxxx

Jaffacakes

How's everyone doing? Hayley, I hope that you got your FEC done and that Ellis is doing well. I'm feeling a bit better this morning. I've been dogged by dark moods, so I'm hoping feeling physically better will translate to my mind. On the plus side, a small blood clot on my PICC line arm seems to have shrunk away to just a little scarring - they say that'll mess that vein for blood taking (running out of veins, here), but a least it doesn't seem to be a problem for now.
Jaffacakes

Wow, a coffee, Marie! That is exciting. I'm still a few days off them. Food is a definite puzzle this time round. But I'm so pleased you're feeling a bit better. I'm doing ok (FEC3, day7). Probably not as ill as last time but very low mood and poorly managed scared thoughts. My sister came to stay, but she had just broken her fingers and we weren't much good at cheering each other up! She did pick up the kids from school though - I'm not ok to drive yet - despite the fingers.
Mariecay

Hi caz, it's the weirdest feeling eh this raw stomach! First cycle that's all I could eat too. I don't even eat bread etc as a general rule. Last cycle i wanted stodgy food, gravy dinners, baking, I had a taste for curry too but this time nothing works! I ordered 5 dishes from the Chinese menu last night in the hope that 1 would hit the spot...nothing! I may has well been licking envelopes as it tasted exactly the same!
I've just got up and my tummy feels slightly better and I feel like jumping round the room in excitement as I've just made myself a coffee and can taste it 🙂 it's heavenly, so much so I'm gonna push the boat out and have another lol
Hope you are all well,
Marie x
Caz13

Hi Marie and everyone else too! Yep me too Marie. Raw tummy. I had my treatment last wed and have been sooo ill. Still very nauseous. Dizzy too. So sorry you are suffering too. My onc is making noises about stopping the treatment. Not sure how I feel about that. All I seem to eat is white food - rice crispies, bananas, white pasta, white toast. It's all I can stomach. Really hope you feel better soon xxx
Mariecay

Your inspirational hailey x
Mariecay

Hi jaffacakes...hello all the newbies I've yet to say hi to. Thank you for your concerns jaffacakes, it's been a tough one again and seams to want to linger this time. TAC 3 day 5 and still feeling extremely sick. Temperature is a bit high today to so keeping a close eye on it. Several family members have colds etc 😕
My tummy just feels raw? Anyone else feel like this? It's a weird feeling, gassy and raw!
Fatigue has hit with this dose so feel like a withered old lady with sparse hair napping on and off! My fingers and nose are numb also today which is making life difficult! Other than that I'm great! Lol
How are you this time round jaffacakes?
How is everyone else doing?
Hailey how is your little one?
Wishing you all well,
Marie x
Jaffacakes

That's so good to hear, Jilly. It makes it easier to cope with the tough times to know that this unpleasant treatment can be so effective! Mind you, if it would stop raining, I might cheer up a bit more.
alice45

Jilly, that's marvellous news! I'm having chemo post lump removal so can only trust it is mopping up stray cells, but to be able to monitor tumour reduction must be such a positive thing. Something really good to put against any bad side effects.

Jorge1

Just wanted to share some really positive news.  I saw the oncologist yesterday and he examined me and in his words "what was a 4cm golf ball is now just a thickening that is really hard to find".  It's amazing!   I do still have 5 treatments to go, but this horrible chemo, that makes you feel so **bleep**, works.  

I know that some of you are having a really tough time - and I hope this doesn't seem like me gloating.  

Just wanted to share that IT WORKS!

Jilly

Kess

Rowan that sounded a lot of fun. I am so glad that you still managed to go. At the moment the most I can plan for a is a meal out with friends in week 3 (subject to not being too late so I fall asleep at the table 🙂 )

I have EC3 (1 more after that before 4T) on Friday (subject to bloods on Thursday). not looking forward to it as feeling pretty good this week and I know I will feel rubbish after, but it's got to be done....
Jaffacakes

Fairy guardian, I hated going from well to ill again (FEC3 on Thursday), but I must admit no one has told me I'm brave or inspirational (clearly too grumpy for that); that is an extra level to live up to. Some days are just down.... I also find the eating/ drinking thin difficult. I feel I need so much fluid to flush those drugs out of my system, but in the early days it's so hard to keep drinking.
Bigpumpkin

Its really great to hear some lovely good news stories.
Hayley I am so pleased to hear about Ellis xx good luck with the Chemo, that will be another one done and dusted !!! Well done !!
Nice one Alice, its always good to know what's going in !! I have an appt tomorrow ahead of Fec 3 on Friday, I shall have a list of questions and will not be so trusting this time.!!
Really glad you have had a break away Rowan, sounds like you had an amazing time.
Im getting over my cold, pre Chemo bloods etc tomorrow- my knees are knocking ready for Friday !! Xxx
Hope everyone suffers a little less with side effects and big hugs to you if you are having a miserable time xxxx
Jaffacakes

Hi Hayley, good to hear from you. I think it's really sensible to get on with the chemo, and get FEC3 out the way. Your girls sound really supportive, too. Great that thing are moving in the right direction for Ellis, but you must be longing for him to lose all the tubes and come home. Hope you're getting the support at home that you need.
lowfatlovatt

Hey up me ducks
Me and andy have swapped places today, hes with ellis and im home with the other 3, we made the decision that I need to have chemo tomorrow and not defer for another week, ellis's oxygen levels kept dropping yesterday after having his breathing tube out so he was on oxygen mask, hes off that now (fingers crossed) and can have his feeding tube out tomorrow or Wednesday, hate not being with him but need get this chemo crap out the way so I can still be 'an awesome mum' (as freya and meg say 😕 )
Bring on fec 3
Xxx
Rowan44

FEC 3 Day 11 

Hello gang , sorry I have been absent over the last few days 🙂

I had my chemo 11 days ago but this time it hasn't hit as hard or I am managing my side effects better .... So last Tuesday I am talking online to my lovely fella feeling a bit down as he went skiing last week and I wouldn't be seeing him this weekend because we had booked tickets to a 3 day rock festival at Hafan-y-Mor in Wales ... I was not expecting to go as it was first week post chemo. As we chatted he drops in "why don't you come with me ? "  and this started the cogs turning 

So rather than sit at home I upgraded us to VIP pass ( few quid extra but not mega bucks and so worth it ! ) it allowed us access to seating areas with good views of the stages .. I  thought oh well it beats sitting at home being miserable because I can't be with him and if I get tired I can always go back to the apartment and sleep and perhaps see 1 or 2 bands if I am lucky 

It was a wonderful fun weekend and I did amazingly well !!  Saw 6 bands on Thurs and chatted to our friends we were sharing with till 3 am !! Friday I was able to do a full 8 hours of bands and fun !! Wow 

Sat was a less busy day  and I rested in the morning  started seeing the later bands about 4 pm and went on to see the remainder of the line up 😄 

Got told how well I look and also no one knew it was a wig I was wearing ! 

Great confidence booster and a real tonic .. bit tired today and slept a lot more than I would do but I wasn't planning on doing much else ! Its given  me a time away from my head and let me be "normal "

Jorge1 I have sent you a message about  joining the facebook group so check the messages bit at the top right of this page 

if anyone else would like to join the group just message me and I will get on it 

Hayley I hope your little one is doing well and on the mend , big hugs xx

Rowan 

alice45

I am glad someone else has had this! Well not glad, Fairyguardian, because it's horrid for you, but I had exactly the same - metallic taste 1st time and greasy one next - and they looked at me as though I was mad! It's very nasty, but does go away.

I quizzed them on every drop of what went in this morning and I am being given strong Emend in the pre chemo IV, along with a version of Ondansetron, so they won't give either as pills for afterwards. This time, along with the usual 3 days worth of steroids, they are trying me with Cyclizine and Domperidone. We'll see. At least the latter should keep the bowels working, though my major problem is the miniscule amount of food I'm eating. Lost 6 lbs in the last 3 weeks - mostly from my bottom, I'm happy to say! If this lack of appetite continues, I should have lost the stone I've been trying to lose for the last 10 years by the time it's over.

Discovered a drawback to the snazzy wig - everyone says it looks great and I look so well... Ironic when you're still feeling lousy every day!

fairyguardian

Had 2nd Fec on Friday, addtional anti sickness given this time as it was quite bad first time round.  Still struggling with eating and drinking everything tatsed of metal last time this time my mouth just seems to taste of grease. Feeling pretty sorry for myself this time round just before I had the second dose I felt fantastic really dont like feeling like this.  Everyone keeps telling how brave and insperational I am being so feel i have alot to live up to but really dont feel like it today

Jaffacakes

Aargh, Bigpumpkin, it's terrible missing special things and even worse when this blasted illness shades the past. I'm hoping that won't last.

Mariecay, we haven't heard from you for a bit and I'm worried you're in a rough patch of side effects: are you ok?