1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Chemo in Nov 2011

Lulu34

Re: Starting Chemo in Nov 2011

jackie im triple negative and i have had lumpectomy and rads and im on chemo taxotere and carboplatin x 6.

triple negative has a generally speaking poorer prognosis than hormone positive tumours but its still a pretty good prognosis with an average 75% survival to 10 years compared with about 90% for hormone pos cancers.... but being node positive doesnt make your risk of recurrence any higher than being node neg when your TN..... chemo work better for TN, you dont need years of hormones and their associated side effects and after 5-6 years you are consider cured, unlike those with hormone pos cancers who will have a life time recurrence risk.....
as for not getting tax or rads then yes you can... there just no point having herceptin and hormones like tamoxifen as they wont have any effect.

you generally only need rads if you have had a lumpectomy and only in certain situations do you require rads following mastectomy .

tudi.... im on my 3rd cycle or tax and carbo and although i never had fec im not finding it too bad although my onc thinks cos its flooring me for a few days every cycle that the SEs are quite severe... no nausea, achy bones and joints, constipation/diarrhoea and feeling generally knackered for about a week-10 days then feel ok.

been out to do a bit of christmas shopping with my mum and now feeling quite knackered.... but had an enjoyable day.

love lulu xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Jackie - I agree completely with the other ladies as re your incredibly tactless "friend" - I would have wanted to slap her too! Is she an Oncologist?? The best thing to do is ask your Onc or ring the nurses on here for expert information x.
Troodles - I'm going on TAX too, after EC. I'm not going to worry about it too much, because as you can see by reading everyone's posts that everybody reacts differently. Plus, I see it very much as a means to an end. You gotta get through the bad stuff to benefit, and get through it you and we all will! x
LL - yes, I noticed that Judes has gone quiet on us - hope she's out gallivanting! x
Paula - hope you're feeling a little brighter soon. You're such a lovely bubbly lady, and that won't ever change! But you're bound to feel fed up sometimes, it's only natural. Take good care of yourself, and hope OH has got over his man cough in time for Christmas!

Wishing everyone well with treatments and SE's this week xxx

Daysie

Hi Jackie

I'm Triple Neg and having FEC-T, I had my 2nd FEC just over a week ago, my boob has definately shrunk, will be scanned after the 3rd FEC to establish how effective the FEC has been. Other than the usual se's (feeling sick, tired, constipation) I don't feel too bad. Emotionally not so good, but just have to get on with it. Starting to get fed up with having this dark cloud hanging over me when I just want to be 'normal' happy me again. Have to kick self up arse sometimes and be grateful to be having treatment. It's a very tough journey but going on auto pilot helps somewhat.
Sometimes I'd rather not know the 'ins' and 'outs' and any scary stuff, I would rather spend a day trying to be happy than worry about negatives, what's the point in worrying, a minute spent worrying is a minute less being happy 🐵
We are not experts in our diagnosis, we can easily mis-intepret information, if we read too much or listen to scare-mongers, our best source of information is our surgeons and oncologists, have faith in those experts.

Paula x

Libralady

Jackie I would speak to your ONC or even the helpline regarding treatments for triple neg - my understanding is its very responsive to chemo - I cant remember who else is also triple neg in here - but you are certainly not alone.

Has anyone seem our Judes? or have I just missed her posts - hopefully she is out at loads of xmas parties before her chemo - im sure she mirrors my dates.

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Liz for that. I think the bit i am dreading is the steriods as i have zero sleep on them and cant stand the buzzing feeling at all but i guess thats not too bad compared to the other se's so we will see what will happen. i have last fec on jan 2nd and then into tax on 23rd jan. I am still waiting to hear if i will be having rads or not but definately on tamoxifen for 5 years as well. From my point of view the steriods was the worst bit on FEC, i did suffer from bad headaches on the first one and had a sore arm on the second but pretty minimal apart from that.

Jackie - please please call your onc or nurse, that 'aquaintance' is not a doctor and i cant believe they said that to you, i would have wanted to punch them in the face too, well done for your restraint! Each person is different and you need to get the correct medical facts from your onc.

Trudi

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Trudi,
I hope I can reassure you as I have just had 3 tax plus Herceptin and the side effects have been minimal. I had my worst day yesterday but feel much better today although still have a rotten taste in my mouth and have to take my coffee very weak.

The worst part for me was being kept awake or hyper with the steroids otherwise my life was pretty much normal although my energy levels plummeted.

I don't know if the order you have the drugs makes a difference as there is a cumulative effect, I believe.

From what I have read of FEC I am dreading starting that regime in January as I expect it to be much worse than what I have experienced so far.

As you say, everyone is different and there is a good chance you will not have too many bad se.

Good luck, love, Liz, x.

italia03

Hello November Ladies
I just wondered is anyone else tripple negative , ime starting to scare myself a bit after an aquaintance in town this morning stopped me .(apparently she had heard the news on the grape vine and told me it was such a shame ime tripple neg and it never looks good ) i could have punched her face i tell you . The thing is girls i was DX in in August , had MX AND 11 NODES in Sep . when i went to see the onc in October she told me i was invasive grade 3 Ductal , 3cm tumer removal with node clearance . Because of this the onc said TAX OR HER or Rads would give me no benifit at all . My worry is though that because i cant have anything else after Fec x6 what does that mean , is it more likely to return in my other breast or else where , am i more at risk than i would be if i could take other meds , can anyone offer any help on this for me
Thankyou ladies
love and hugs
Jackie
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Right ladies, I have done something very very silly and have now scared myself rotten. Imade the mistake of having a look at an August thread to see what se's the tax was having and I wish I hadn't! It seems worse for most than the FEC.

Please feel free to slap me (electonically) and tell me to pull myself together. I know we have all got to go through it but I do wish I hadn't looked. I also need to remember everyone is different!

Sorry for wingeing.

Trudi

Daysie

Chelle - don't worry I was exactly the same with my bowel habits as you after the 1st and 2nd FEC, all the poo's came at once last Thursday and then none until yesterday lol, felt so bunged up and every time I had a small meal felt full, it was horrible, best not to strain just let nature takes it's course, as it will eventually. I took Senakot but didn't like it as it made me have tummy gripes, I've started to have small amounts of prune juice everyday and some bran flakes with sultanas, working a treat, feel much less bunged up, and feeling better than last week when I was zonked out for most of it, starting to feel more normal each day. I'm on low immune this week and it's a bit of a pain having to ask visitors if they've got any bugs lol, think they understand.

I'm just off to to a bit of xmas shopping to a lovely little shop in Coltishall then to my fave farm shop on the way back. Seems like ages since I've been out and about on my own, have to make the effort though or else I'll become a recluse! My OH has gone back to his own home this week as he's got a man cough!

Hope everybody is doing well and looking forward to the weekend!

Paula x

gill13

Hi everyone, i've just been catching up with whats been going on with everyone, i felt rubbish all weekend after no3, luckily little one was with her dad, and i pretty much spent sunday zonked out in bed, dozing on and off all day
i'm thinking it could have be the different anti-sickness so monday switched back to the Dom - whatsits, and feel more alert now.
Went to Panto last night, i know really sensible to go to a theatre full of kids whilst on Chemo!! Good fun though

Gill x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone,
I hope all is as well as can be with everyone, I am now 6 days post 3rd fec and i am starting to get quite a bit of a tingly feeling in my lips fingers and toes its not too bad at the mo and my taste buds are slowly returning to normal, I am just very tired at the moment but i do have a 10,4 and 1yr old at home lol.

Going on to the subject of bowel habbits after the 2nd fec i was sooo constipated i was in tears i had piles as well and even tore so i was bleeding (sorry too much info)so now i keep a much closer eye on my bowel habbits so that never happens again and the onc perscribed me a load of sachets of drink and senna so it should keep things moving lol.

I am starting Tax on 4th Jan and then Herceptin a few days after.
I have had my 2nd heart scan today to see if it is still strong enough to cope with the Herceptin.

TTFN
Chelle xx

Lulu34

GBgirl good luck for no 3 today.

butterfly i hope your feeling better after you reaction, but sounds like you having a tough time SE wise.... just take it easy.

gail i saw my onc too.... good that its looking smaller but sorry you have to have 8 but it will hopefully shrink the tumour enough to operate.... i might be getting my dose reduced as my onc thinks the weakness and feeling faint, dizzy and short of breath side effects are a bit too extreme... gonna get no 4 as a full dose, but may reduce 5 and 6.

hope everybody else is coping ok and good luck with any upcoming chemo.

hopefully gonna get a wee bit of shopping done tomorrow and then i can just relax.

lulu xxx

Pleasant1

Good luck to all of you on chemo this week. Mine's scheduled for Friday – if the cell counts are OK. I've got my pre-treatment meeting tomorrow so lots of Q's this time… Also meeting the hairdresser about a wig.

gooseberrygirl

Good Evening Ladies,

Been reading all the posts, Love the website Troodles, well done you,
Hope everyone is nearly ready for Xmas, have got friends coming to stay and really looking forward to it. Tree decorated..most stuff done.

Chemo no3 coming up on Tuesday, cant wait to get past the half way point, just scraped in with the blood results, but so far so good, at least as it goes on you kind of know what to expect,

Work Xmas party on Friday, just hope I am well enough to enjoy it. Have got the most "Fab" shocking pink tights and shoes to wear in honour of all us Ladies, at last got a wig even though very itchy, How do you get used to wearing it and not feeling so like everyone is staring at it especially as they know your bald,
Hairdresser told me her client had her works do and arrived dressed in killer heels,sexy frock, new wig,boyfriend spent all evening saying how fab she looked, got up to make speech, cufflink caught in wig, dragged it with him, whole room didnt know wether to laugh or cry.

Wishing me luck on all fronts, Big Hugs to you all x x

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry I have not posted recently - I was a bit high after 2nd chemo. I had 3rd chemo on Thursday so half-way and everything was going so well until I had a minor reaction to piritin. They sent me home in a taxi and I caught up with most of your posts in the eve. I was fine on Friday in spite of having had no sleep again and my son took me to get the Christmas food shopping and tree.

Been busy decorating tree and wrapping presents - so glad it is done as I feel pretty cr*p today. Have had the runs but taken the pills and - fingers crossed- it has stopped; my mouth is sore so have gargled with Difflam and my energy levels have plummeted - I just can't be bothered doing anything and fell asleep this afternoon.

Didn't mean this to sound like a moan - sorry! I'm finding this 'feeling under the weather' difficult as I usually feel so well. But it won't last forever - onwards and upwards!

Hope all you lovely ladies are not suffering too much and that we are all feeling better by the weekend.

Take care all, love Liz, x

PS Have had a craving for cheese and have gone right off fruit.

Guest user
Not applicable

Had the review with onc this morning. She thought there was a definite improvement from when she examined me before I started chemo, especially reduced swelling at the lymph nodes, which I suppose is where I most want it. She reckoned the radiologist was less encouraging because there was a gap of a month between first ultrasound and starting chemo, and the swelling had increased over this perid, so the radiologist is comparing things with an earlier base.

She did say it was still classed as inoperable and will definitely be going for 8 rather than 6 cycles of chemo. At least I'll get a better idea of how my SEs might go on TAX with so many November ladies on FEC-T about to switch before me. Plus I get to wait till later in the spring before I have to have my Mx, so might get some decent weather for recovery.

Guest user
Not applicable

Afternoon everyone,

Had number 2 chemo this morning. Quarter way through. yay. Only 6 more to go 😞
My reaction to tue cold cap wasn't too bad this time, maybe because I was expecting it. Still, 10 mins, and I was fine.

Troodles, love the hats and scarves on your site, and I rather like the scarf with lace, very pretty. I would agree that £10 for the hats sounds about right, going off other sites. But should imagine that as you are making each by hand that that would barely cover your basic costs?

Paula, so glad you got out at the weekend. You've been quiet for a while, hope you are ok?! Thanks for comment as re my new pic - not the most flattering in the world especially as the nursed jams it right down so my face is all squished!

Lulu, I rang my BCN this morning. She said if it was an inflamed lymph node that they wouldn't put a needle in it anyway, and if it was something sinister, that I am being treated anyway (which is what I thought), but that my both my CT and bone scans were clear. It's not under my SLNB scar, which is healing great, but about 2 inches away. She told me to keep an eye on it and only feeling it about once a week and to let them know if it was doing anything odd. Not to keep poking it - which is what I have been doing!! I haven't had surgery yet - I'll be having a mx and node clearance after chemo, and then radiotherapy.

Good luck to anyone else having chemo this week, and may everybody's SE's be little teeny tiny titchy ones!

Kym xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

My hair started to fall out after about day 10 so my best friend shaved it off to a no 3 a couple of days later (handy having a best friend who is a haridresser!). By the end of that week it was really itchy so shaved the whole lot. I have a little bit of patchy hair but expect that will go now No2 FEC well out of the way.

Glad everyone likes the hats, we are thinking about donating to BC, just not sure how to do it on the website, too techno for me but I will get Su to sort that out.

Have to say, omg am I craving crisps, can't get enough of them!

Good luck to anyone having chemo today and hope only minimal se's.
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

I chose to cut my hair very short about 1-2 cm long, which was fine but I got so fed up with hair keep falling in food that I got the razor out on Day 11 and shaved it off, needs shaving again as very bristly now but have lots of small smooth bald spots over head.

I haven't lost any eyelashes or eyebrows yet, still have quite a lot of bristles over head and only half of LG gone and I am due to have no. 3 on thurs.

I have no doubt it will all be gone soon though.

Shelle so sorry to hear of your disaster, it certainly won't make it any worse to play the CC, give it a go.

Good luck to everyone else having treatment this week.

Jean xxx

3network3

Hiya all

How's Judes? haven't seen her post for while?!

Hair coming out big deal now, scalp is tender, will have a shave off at 12.00 as my longish hair is everywhere, can't wash and brush it without loosing 1/4 as it seems LOL.

In a hurry just now, speak later,

love from Christine xx

Daysie

Good morning

I'm up early today to have some prune juice and fruit lol then going for a walk as I feel so sluggish!

also to wish Kym all the best for FEC number 2 today, hope all goes well, love the cold cap picture!

Shelle - sorry to hear your night out ended with a bit of disaster, hope all gets sorted out.

I went to my brothers open house party Saturday, didn't really feel up to going, was tired and not much appetite due to full feeling. I was quite nervous I was going to pick up a bug as there were about 30 people there, when anybody tried to kiss me I backed off, put my hand up and just said I can't 'chemo' lol. I had some food but was careful not to have anything risky.

Troodles, I like your hats, I worry a bit about mine blowing off, as I've not much hair left there's nothing much to hold it on. I use a 'halo' of hair when wearing a hat, it looks really nice and keeps my neck warm! I guess about £10 would be about right, from others than I've seen, have you thought about donating a percentage to cancer research?

For anybody wondering about shaving their hair off - I didn't bother, I had it cut short the week before my 1st chemo. My scalp was only a little bit sore on day 14 of 1st FEC, then everyday when I combed my hair quite a lot came out, and during the course of 7-10 days nearly all of it was combed out, by doing it this way I didn't experienced any scalp soreness at all, although there are only a few whispy bits left now, the wig fits better!

Have a good day everybody and those having 2nd and 3rd chemos this week, hoping your se's are little ones.

Paula xx

Colette67

Hi Ladies
Can I ask,at what point did you decide to go for the shave if you did? Day 18, head been v tender since friday, coming out in handfuls tonight. I look like a cross between my Dad and Max Wall! Did you go for a number one, and did it hurt whilst your head was so tender?
Thank you for advice
xx

Shelle, play the cc - think most of us have had the moment when we think have I had 1 too many or will I be OK? and under the circumstances! xx

Lulu34

Troodles I actually really like the scarf.... I think cos it's pink! But I wea scarves quite a lot... And I don't really care if I look like I'm having Chemo.... I am!

I wear has, scarves or wigs just depends where I'm going and how cold it is outside..... In the house I usually just go comando or wear buffs... They are especially good at night when my head seems to get freezing in these Baltic nights.

Shelle sorry to hear about your predicament.... Hopefully you can get it resolved as I'm sure this s tge last thing you need.

Pleasant1 you should have asked o speak to the manager.... Sure what difference does it make whether it's you or lidl that take the note to the bank? Anyway glad you got your shopping, but sorry your kids have been poorly.

Kym and gill I'm loving the cold cap pics.,... Sounds like it's working for you both.

Kym good luck tomorrow..... I'm sure you will fine it much easier now you have the PICC line.... It's common to get lumpy scar tissue under scars.... They would have made sure your margins were clear when you had surgery and cancer wouldn't grow into a palpable lump so quickly but do get it checked out.

Christine I havent shaved my head.... The pain only lasts for a few days when the majority is shedding.... Whatever it does to the follicles it only does it once.... My hair is very sparse now..... Most of it came out day 12 of cycle 1 since then it's just slowly come out.... Still got a few wisps and even a few wisp in the old lady garden too... But you might find you lose it all anyway even if you didn't shave it but depends if you can be bothered with your hair falling out everywhere after about 4-5 days it slows down.... But I don't think Monday will be too early to have it shaved.... It's just what ever is easiest for you.

Love and hugs
Lulu xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All

Slept all night and most of last evening yet I have been really exhausted all day and have been unable to do hardly anything. Nevermind, I am really looking forward to Christmas and all the family coming home.

Troodles - liked the hats. I too am not keen on wearing scarves because Ifeel that they symbolise that I have cancer. I have a couple of scarves that I wear in the house but I wouldn't go out in them. As well as wearing my wig, I wear felt hats and other hats dressed up with scarves. I just want to be different. I wouldn't know what to tell you to charge. Just an idea but I had an appointment with Headstrong run by BCC and the lady volunteers let me try on hats and scarves, you could perhaps take a few examples to either Headstrong at your hospital or to your cancer unit for them to have a look at. I would have liked to have been able to buy some of my hats at the hospital. Good luck with it all.

Good luck to everyone who is having treatment tomorrow. Not sure where we are up to now.

A

Pleasant1

What a heavy bummer Shelly! Did you show them your swede at the time and burst into floods of tears?! Hows about visiting your local Oinky Station to play the CC and plead your case. Explain your man was only stressed and anxious about you and your malady.
I got caught out in Lidl last week. I couldn't remember my PIN then found an old £20 note that had recently been given me by a relation! Of course, stupid puppet on till refused it and I had to rush home to meet boys from school then drive back, change the £20 in a bank in order to collect the shopping!
Also, one for you Gill – since my last report I've had my small boy being sick on the hour all day Friday and eldest being sick last night. Eldest took bowl to bed and managed to keep it contained. Small boy sicked once on sofa so I had to wash all cushion covers. Otherwise he kept me running up and down to the loo all day emptying the bowl and I forgot to wear my Marigolds. We've since managed to get shot of sicked-on-sofa on freecycle and bought a better sofa for £50 on e-bay – result!
Libralady - you could try the 1000mg soluble vitamin C tabs and other immune booster supplements…
Troodles - I'll check out your hats.
Lizzy - well done on the walking; love it!
Judes - I reckon our wee thing is due to chemo getting rid of our bad cells and the good ones are coming to the fore so we are starting to function better… We just have to keep everything crossed the bad ones don't return. Isn't lower better re temp.?
Hey, everyone – the stranger I mentioned to you all a few pages back came over for a strong coffee. We showed one another our false boobie and it was a LARF! As promised I will now pass on her sentiments to you. She went through breast cancer nine years ago. She now lives with bad lymphodema and has to wear a tight 'sleeve' type bandage. Despite this she is SO inspirational and one feisty lady. She said, when we are individually ready, we need to decide how to carry our cancer. We MUST NOT allow it to rule us. We are all BIGGER than our cancer and we must PUT OUR CANCER IN ITS PLACE and LIVE OUR LIFE. Sorry to shout this at you but I wanted to pass on the positive message. I'm personally determined to attempt to work on it.
Good luck to you all this week. I may not clock in much as I got myself into a megga anxious state reading posts right before chemo so I've decided not to read anything that freaks me out this time! Also, after this third session I'm off to a remote location for Christmas – and there's no internet there! x

Guest user
Not applicable

Yes. Shelley, play it now! Tell them you were the designated driver but you got one of your dreadful headaches and was feeling nauseous. Hubby had had a couple, you were getting quite distressed, didn't want to wait for a taxi, so OH felt he could drive home. It would be a completely different scenario if there had been an accident, but there wasn't, thankfully.

I'm off for round 2 tomorrow. I started with a sore throat last night so have been using Difflam spray and Corsody. I feel perfectly fine - so don't know whether it's a sore throat or ulcers down there?

Had my Picc line put in on Friday. The first attempt at it really really really hurt (when nurse was feeding the introduced in)!!! Me not like it! But 2nd time around, and a different vein, it worked ok, phew!!!

Washed my hair last night and was quite horrified at the amount of hair falling out. But when I showed my district nurse this morning (she was changing dressing on Picc line), she said it was a very small amount, that it wasn't actually coming out on clumps like it would do otherwise. So I'll give the cold cap another go tomorrow (Gill, very nice pic!), and see how I go. If I start looking like Rab C Nesbitt with his sweep over, then it will be time to call it a day with the cc.

Getting paranoid because I can feel a little lump very near where my SLNB scar is. All that area has felt a little sore and tender all last week, but I think it's because it is less numb now. I have to massage the area to 'break down' the layers, so leaving it all flat eventually and less lumpy. Is the lump more cancer? I had a clear CT and bone scan. And even if it is - well, the chemo will sort it out, won't it?! Like I say, paranoid.

Kym x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hospice123 - So sorry about your night out, if there is ever a time to play the card, do it now!

Trudi

Guest user
Not applicable

Well my life just gets more pants. The meal was lovely, the wig was a pain didn't feel comfortable at all and then i got a really bad head again. I was the nominated driver and hubby said he would drive (stupid I know as we were only approx 2 miles away, yes you guessed it we got pulled, hubby slightly over the limit) No excuse I know, but we never do it as a rule we both have clean licenses. Now worried re hosp appts we are very rural, he is self employed as well............ not looking for sympathy as no excuses we were totally stupid.....this is soooooo frustrating feel like everything in our lives have gone so totally wrong , rant over
From a very sad and contrite Shelley xx

Guest user
Not applicable

HI libralady was wondering if you have had your scan results back as saw you on anouther thread ?
Also anyone feeling that thay just cant sleep have been awake all night ,this seems to happen to me 3 or 4 days after chemo onc said its the steriods but im what my daughter says mum your buzzing i laugh and say i need sleep ... aaaahhhhh anyone eles have any problems sleeping ? please help xx josie

Libralady

Hey Trudi - I will go and have a look at the website and let you know my thoughts.

Christine - I would imagine if you didnt shave you head you would be patchy as the hair on your head is at different phases of growing and some will be in a resting phase.

I guess if Chemo No 1 didnt take it all, it would do somewhere between chemo 2 and 3. I feel most people do the full shave due to the tender and sore scalp - the only way to stop it is to shave it. Some of my hair has started to regrow but it started to get tender again so I shave it clean every couple of days.

My blocked and runny nose seems to be getting worse and im beginning to get a tickle in my throat making me cough a bit. BUGGER! I hope they dont postpone my 3rd chemo. Has anyone got any quick cold cures! Im killing the manuka honey in hope and breathing in copiuos amounts of Olbas Oil in an effort to help me unblock me nose ....i have 3 days to fight it off.

Helllllllllllllllllllpppppppp!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Troodles,

love the hats.personally rather the hats without scarf(they shout chemo to me).Just a personal thought when I was looking for hats I couldn't find one to fit me (small head). It might be something to concider. There are women out there with very small heads!! I wear childrens size frames on my glasses.
Keep up the good work on the hats

Mazzalou

Hi Troodles

I love your hats, and they are far, far, nicer than any that I have seen sold, specifically for chemo 'victims'. I have to say that I have bought a couple and have been very disappointed considering the price I have paid as they seem to 'rise up' when you are wearing them. I know I have a 'big head' but they all seem to have shrunk in the wash! I prefer to wear my wig when out as it doesn't shout 'cancer victim', but indoors it is sometimes too cold at the mo to go 'au naturel'!

If you decide to sell them then please hurry up as my hair is beginning to grow back now!!!

You are definitely on to a 'Dragon's Den' winning idea with your hats. Good luck and if you need an accountant once your business starts taking off then give me a call!!!

Mazzalou xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Gill123- thanks for comments, appreciate all feedback. Personally I prefer the hat style ones too rather than the scarfy ones. We are really asking people what they think is a reasonable amount to pay for them, if we do sell them we are not in it for the money, just need to make our outgoings back, its just nice that each one is unique and the charity shops do well out of us too.

Trudi

gill13

Haha Shelle, sorry made me giggle too, i've got a wig still in its box, if you need a spare! lol Its looking as thought i may not need it (still keeping things crossed tho)

hope willow enjoys her 1st outing

Lizzy - i did enjoy Mama Mia, i had house to myself and snuggled on the sofa, rain against the window, lovely and cosy

Troodles - i've taken a look at your hats, i really like the styles of the curtain, the trouser and the tablecloth hat. Personally i feel that the scarf style with ties down the back are a bit of a cancer statement, i think this is just how i would feel if i were to wear one. I don't think i would be able to wear that style. But there is obviously a demand for that style too.
Have you worked out any costings yet?

Gill x

3network3

oh this made me so giggle Shelle......... be kind to your wig!

My hair started to come out two days ago, now it's even worse. Booked an app at hairdresser where I bought the wig from, for a shave off on monday, they do this for free she said, bought them some Lindt chocolate for it. Am I a bit too early to have a scalp, how long does the hair take to disappear? Considering that I have probably anyway only half of the amount on my head than the average person LOL. But mon is the only day where I can do, tuesday CT and onc, wed 2nd FEC and than I'm out for the count if 1st FEC is anything to go by.

Thanks and love from Christine xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi
Just about to go out, eventually booked with another pub and then my local got back to me to say they had managed to find us a table afterall.............too late

Well hit a milestone tonight hubby shaved off hair as I had big bald patches all over the top of my head is very tender and sore. Willow the wig is having her first outing tonight, it feels very weird.

Willow nearly never made it, I was ironing this morning , I sat the iron on the side to fill the water tank , right next to willow, yep you guessed it I heard a sizzle, I frazzled her fringe!!! had to cut the melted bits out.............. funny day crying in the shower first thing because hair just being washed away literally and then laughing hysterically due to wig mishap.. Oh well wish me and willow good luck bye for now Shelle xxx

Lizzy1977

Jaxette, I have had really bad headaches from the Anti sickness drugs but my oncologist said I can take paracetamol regularly provided I don't have a temperature. I've also had really bad constipationand ended up having to go to to A & E as the pain was that bad. I'm having lactulose and macrogol (tastes gross) and also prune juice but have still go problems going.

Gill, I know what you mean about being half way. This week I have been saying yay I am half way and then I think about the 12 months of Herceptin..great! Enjoy Mama Mia.

Trudi, I will check out your hats.

Time for me to put my feet up as I am pleased I have managed to walk about 3 miles today in the cold and wet. It was lovely to get some fresh air and to gorge myself on chips in the pub afterwards.

Take care everyone
Lizzyxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Jaxette - the chemo has really effected my stomach too, terrible wind and constipation, have opted for prunes which do work but take a couple of days. Tiredness is also my problem, it gets better once the steriods are finished, what ever you do don't push yourself, take it as it comes. I just write off week 1 and tell everyone not to expect anything from me.

Have had an exciting afternoon, we have just gone live on the website, please check it out and leave your comments on our hats, would really really love your feedback and don't be scared to be honest! lol
http://www.trusuheadwear.co.uk
Thanks
Trudi

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies! I had my 2nd chemo on Tuesday and I feel much worse this time. I have a terrible windy,gurgly, sour stomach which is just awful and the tiredness is incredible. I also have bad indigestion but cant take their meds for other medical reason(just read the leaflet inside the box)I wonder will it build up and be even worse next time? I am gonna have to try and pull myself toghter and am contemplating going out for a very quick walk-I take the anti sickness meds but they re causing me constipation even though they gave me their laxatives-they just dont work!! Sorry for being such an ol' moan-oh and I have a headache but no temp etc- just feeling rubbish and just expected it to have passed by now. Any adice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you to all x

gill13

Collette - reaching no 3 does feel like a milestone for me, but i keep telling people i'm half way there, but i'm not really, theres still another 12 of herceptin, it seems like splitting hairs to add that in, but its not really is it?
What a hassle with your shopping, at least its getting sorted tho and you don't have to go to supermarket

Shelle, hope your headaches clear soon, i had a few last week, but seem to have subsidded now, and i hope you get to have a nice meal tonight

i am going to have a chilled day today, we heard an Abba track on car radio this morning so quite fancy watching Mama Mia, if i can find our copy!! they never end up back in the right cases in my house

Gill x

Colette67

Good Morning lovely Nov ladies,

Just popped up from the Dec thread. Missed your group by 2 days, but I found you all such a tower of strength I still read regularly to find out how you are all doing and pick up your tips.

Shelle, I have been pretty lucky with most se's, but I too suffered with migraine type headaches. I spoke to my oncologist yesterday who told me that it is a se of the anti sickness drugs. He said providing my temp was OK I could take paracetamol but to take my temp every 4 hrs before I took anymore. I also found that the gel pads helped a lot. I am day 16 and my hair is also on the move, am tempted now to just shave it and have done! Hope yo have a lovely evening tonight.

My weekly online shop was due to be delivered between 5-6 last night from one of our leading supermarkets. At 6:45 it had not arrived so I called them, after 45 minutes waiting on the phone I was advised that they had had a system breakdown and everyone's delivery (nationwide) had been cancelled and I would have to go to the supermarket. So you guess it ladies I played the card (tut tut) and my shopping is being delivered this morning! The manager actually told me though that I should have ticked the disabled box, then I would have got a phone call explaining! I told him I was not disabled, I was being treated for cancer and regardless I thought it was very poor customer service for anyone not to receive a phone call to inform them!

I see lots of you are now on no 3, for many of you that will be half way :).

Keep up the good work and your spirits ladies!

Thanks for being there xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning
Haven't posted for a while, been having awful headaches (almost like migraines involving eye socket and teeth) I shall mention it to the onc on Monday. Also hair has started falling out in big clumps, quite a few bald spots now, it is day 18, so wig time fast approaching I think!
Next chemo on 21st, luckily I have wrapped, ordered food, and decorated house, I have surpassed myself this year............so all is prepared.
Off out for a meal with friends tonight, did book a table on Monday at our local, in the restuarant area, but hubby got in from pub last night saying the table was in the bar area he thinks they have booked a big xmas party in.............I shall be playing the cancer card, whats the point of booking a week in advance???? will let you know how I get on....
Have a lovely weekend if you can Shellexxx

Libralady

6 poos!!! Girl holds a world record! loool

My bowels are behaving themselves now. I take a movical every other day (cant do once a day...sorry..its just vile to drink) and I have a bowel (oops...I mean bowl) of branflakes in the morning....and everything is irie (as Bob Marley would say) lol

Lulu34

6 poos! Wow! I have been having poo problems too.... Because of my awful constipation last time think maybe I have over done it this time had two days with the runs... A couple of times but not six!

Trying to work out a good balance between the laxatives and SEs... But not working.... Ohnand while we are talking bums.... I have dreadful wind!

Lulu x

gill13

Sorry Paula, but 6 poo's in a day!! lol

i am happy to let everyone know, that my latest M&S delivery of 2 pack of bras FIT!! yay, and i also bought a couple from Peacocks £6 for two pack

So i am all kitted out with bras, having 4 decent ones for day wear with my proper prothesis and 2 comfy soft, but not very uplifting for real boob, ones for relaxing in the evening with my softee

Gill x

Daysie

Hi everyone,

Just calling in to thank everyone again for my birthday wishes. I had a nice quiet day, pub lunch at the coast and ate half my meal of fish and chips 🐵 Friends came round at various times the remainder of the day. I was in bed by 10pm very sleepy thing I over did things.

Yesterday I was very tired and bloated and (sorry if this is tmi) spend most of the rest of the day on the loo - 6 poos at once! Lol Went to bed at 7pm exhausted lol, felt like I'd given birth!!!

Feeling a little better today, but still tired and sleeping until late morning and going to bed early, hope to recover over the weekend as I've got my brothers party tomorrow afternoon!

Troodles, I am also going to the N&N for my chemo, I was going to phone them yesterday as I had some tummy pains, but think it was due to constipation and I had taken Senakot in the morning, think I am going to try prune juice and apricots instead next month. I bought some peppermint tea today and it is bearable, but not really my cup of tea lol.

Just off to do some xmas jobs.

Hope everybody is feeling ok and not too many se's.

((Hugs))

Paula x

Libralady

Something to make you smile

http://youtu.be/aKUKcYH13_o

gill13

i am caving cake, but i really want home made, or custard slices yum yum

Troodles - looking forward to seeing your hats, the website looks good so far, very professional, it seems that the most successful products are those designed by the people who needed them, like the little pillow issued by BCN for after surgery, designed by a lady who had had an MX

L4W - nice you had a visit from your boss, & its nice to know that people care

i've had a tel call from my team leader today, the powers that be HR have agreed that i could do a phased return at a local office, which is less than 10 mins away rather than my base which is 30 mins away, so good new for me, i don't really think it would be a permenant transfer, but its a start, once i get my foot in i'll get the union to fight my carner, this will be me playing the "Cancer Card"

i'm still feeling ok, following number 3 yesterday, washed my hair this morning no major hair shedding

Gill x

italia03

Hello lovely Nov ladies
Thankyou for all your kind thoughts , i can now sit on both cheeks instead of trying to perch on one , and the AB are now kicking in .
It seems to be a tough week this week for most of us girls what with the affects of treatment , worry , stress. i dont know if any one agrees but as much as i shout and say that I AM NOT GETTING ON THE STRESSY CHRISTMAS TREDMILL. without realising it, iam and we do it without even knowing were doing it ,its this wave we get swept along on and its driving me crazy .I have never seen so much chaos in morrisons supermarket as i seen today , people are bloody crazy. Not only are we trying to cope with the c--p thats thrown at us , and cope well we do girls .we have to put up with being pushed , huffed at because i dared to say exuse me and then this bloody bloke ran over my foot , i tell you i had enough put my basket down and escaped the madness to do my shop online .
Sorry about that ladies rant over ha ha
Hope everyone has a really stress free and peacefull weekend
Love to all
Jackie xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ladies,
Another December Darling jumping on to add to the cravings debate. I have also gone off sweet things and have a real craving for Marmite and pringles, although not together LOL. Although that's an idea...

Jackie - hope the shingles soon clears up, you have really had it tough. Big (((HUG)))coming your way.

Feeling a bit more nauseous today (2 days post FEC1). steroids seem to be keeping a lid on it though and I have been sleeping well so far. So not too bad. Must get some more pressies wrapped tonight while I still have the energy.

love to all
Debbie x