1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Chemo in Nov 2011

tommyticklemou

Re: Starting Chemo in Nov 2011

Troodles - many thanks for that. what is the trial called, do you happen to know.

that will be nice to have a lovely make over, i could do with one, i feel like i have turned into a bag lady within the last few weeks since dx. what is the big C, is it something in your area?
i hope you have fantastic time anyway.

TTM xxx

Pleasant1

Oooo rooo all
Took four tiny dexamethasone this morning. Didn't want to as wondering if it'll keep me stuck to the vacuum cleaner all day.
However, it seems their role with TAX is to ward off an adverse reaction to its toxicity; it's that old Yew tree init?! All yous religious lot; go visit your churchyards and give those Yews a gentle stroke. Sometimes I believe I'm a bit religious – err, kind of quietly; in my head, and I do love a good churchyard; as long as I'm enjoying it above ground that is…
Quizzed Onc about treatment plans. He's not got the best bedside manner and seemed somewhat bored. No doubt gets fed up of the same old Q's! I apologised for my somewhat unhinged letter to him (the one where I mention Lisa Lynch being 'f---ed by the Cancer c--k' – she's a great writer). He said he hadn't received a letter. He will have by now tho'!
Anyway, regarding regimens, he said mine follows a French study that shows three is as effective as four. They used to give four but found most people were not managing to keep to the schedule due to low cell counts and exhaustion etc so switched to three FEC + three Tax to try to keep to the three week date for all doses.
They're reducing my 1st Tax tomorrow by 10% due to low counts in the hope of keeping on schedule and hopefully back up to total dose for 2nd and 3rd Tax. Who knows? I'd best keep trying to eat well – stares at coffee machine thinking 'just one ehh!'. After tomorrow I'll be keeping away from coffee for at least a week, probably longer if everything tastes metallic…?!
Well done all you entertaining posters and for your up-lifting take on things Libralady Lisa. Know what you mean – we must keep thanking our lucky stars we have a good chance of transcending our malady and incite them to continue shining for us all.
Almost forgot. Anyone read the medical profession in the States proscribe a certain leaf for those on Tax? It's supposed to help with the painful joints/bones. You stew it and drink it as a tea. MS sufferers rave about it too – know what I mean, wink, wink; say no more?! x

gooseberrygirl

Hi All,

judes, i have also messed up my tablets big time this time, forgot tablets before Tax, then when remembered only too half ammount, mistake, yesterday forgot steriods till 7pm then again only took half..... At last remembered this morning to take full dose, so just going to finish the course, abet late, not sure if this is better, or once you have missed them thats it?
Re Stomach injection first one today, nurse said evening, but might rather get it over with in the morning, when do you do yours? Does it matter?
Feel confused as you might be able to tell lol xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

gill will be very interested to hear about reconstructive talk, take notes for us.

xx

ps: not making much progress with the backlog yet

gill13

hey Judes, welcome back,

i've been having a lazy morning, in bed on laptop, my very good neighbour took little one to school so i didn't have to get dressed, i'm now thinkinging i should get moving

LL - i totally agree with you that we have almost been given a 2nd chance, and this has certainly made me think about my mortality! so many people don't get that

Lulu - Kids!! we have to let them make their own mistakes, don't we, if your daughter has gone o/drawn its her who will have to pay, hopefully she'll learn a lesson from it. i mentioned that My Big one, was back with a boyfriend whom i'm not keen on, well she ran up £60 on top of her phone bill talking to him, i've had half back from her and she'll be paying the other half when she gets her next EMA, they have to learn (tough love) Doesn't stop you from getting frustrated with them tho, my little one has promised never to have a boyfriend and stay with me forever! lol

i'm off to a talk on recontructive surgery this afternoon, organised by Breastcare, hopefully should be interesting

Gill x

Guest user
Not applicable

make that 22 pages. chemobrain. still, it may be a while before i reply

Guest user
Not applicable

omigod i've missed 27 pages in a week! we are a chatty bunch, isn't it nice xx

Guest user
Not applicable

oh dear, so i was standing with my domperdidone and dexys in front of me, then i went off to get the injection and the steriwipes. then i found an old domperidone box from last time and i got some water and, what did i do next? i know i did the injection but did i take the tabs? i think i remember taking some out the strip. this was 3 minutes ago and i really don't know if i had the domperidone or not, there are so many opened strips of tabs. at least i know i didn't take the dexys, that feels more nb.

so, greetings dear november gang, i've been away for so long and i havent read ANY posts but i' going to do that now. mainly i was feeling so well before 4th FEC on friday that i went to work etc, also i've had my friend doing up my bathroom so i've been keeping out of his hair (and being in places with functioning loos), then after FEC i've been quite tired and insular. but looking forward to catching up with you all, hearing the TAX stories and finding out how you've all been.

all my love, judes xxxxx

Libralady

Good morning my lovely ladies,

Hope all is well, we've had some highs and lows over the last few weeks so I'm praying for continued highs for us all.

My FEC 4 was uneventful yesterday, got to the unit at 9 and left about 2 so not so bad. Next one I think is 31st Jan, haven't checked my diary yet.

I spoke to the onc about my pathology - he seemed a bit rushed yesterday and did say its not a "quick discussion" as the report can be complicated to understand so he made a separate appointment for me to see my breast surgeon on Monday who will go through it with me.

I did have my little black book of questions lol (well, it was a little list on torn off paper), he answered a couple of questions for me, I learned my tumours are stage 2, grade 2. But in truth when I had a quick scan of the report it is full of mind boggling technical words.

On my weight and eating, my onc said it the steroids and has agreed to drop the dose I'm currently having, instead of having steroids 3 times a day for 3 days I'm now having it 2 times per day for 2 days. He said if I start to feel nausea or am sick let them know.

Does anyone of us not take the steroids at all?

Anyway, if you've been watching the news this double murder in Handsworth Wood Birmingham, it's literally round h corner from me and I walk past their house all the time.....very very sad and scary. You know since December there has been so many murders nationally, previously although I watched the news and heard about murders I easily switched my brain off to it, but now I get so upset. So many murders and suicides over Xmas and after, house fires wiping out half a family, mindless attacks....what's our world coming too?

I always look at these deaths and think how they didn't get a second chance, they didn't get to do things they wanted to do and then it humbles me that although I face a life threatening illness I'm being given a second chance or at least I'm being treatment which will allow my life on earth to continue.

None of us knows our tomorrow's, and tomorrow is promised to no-one. That's why as a Christian I wake up each morning and the first thing I do is give thanks for another day in prayer and I then say the Lords prayer and finally pray on a personal level for the things I want, not material things, just for my health situation, my families safety and for us guys on here. I then usually read a few bible passages. Im not preaching here to anyone, Im just saying that's what helps me get through my day on a spiritual level. Without a doubt you guys are instrumental to what also gets me through everyday, just sharing our lives, our highs and lows, our treatments, our thoughts and feelings. We share some deeply private and emotional times up in here and I want you all to know how much I appreciate each and everyone of you.

I hope you all have something to get you through your days, whether it's your children, your partner/husband, your extended family, whether it's your spiritual beliefs or just being here with us as part of your extended friends sharing our journey.

I hope and pray we all have a good day today.

Lisa
xxx

Lulu34

Weme.... IBC is always classed as stage 3 at least no matter what the size is or whther there is lymph node spread or not.... it doesn't tend to be graded either as grading tends to relate to cancer originating in the ducts and it describes how fast the cells change or how aggressive it is but IBC is known to be aggressive.

I'm in a bit of a bad mood tonight as daughter has emptied her savings account and gone on a spending spree buying tat off the Internet and is now over drawn!!!!! Actually not in a bad mood just bloody furious.

She's gone to my mums tonight cos Id prob go ballistic at her if she came home.... Hopefully will have calmed down by the rime she gets home from college tomorrow.

Anyway had a nice day at Maggies at our young women's cancer group.... And even did a little bit of tidying up when I got home this afternoon.

Oh and had a telephone interview last nice and might be in the daily record next week about carrying the brca2 gene... Will let you know if it is gonna happen.

Lulu xx

Guest user
Not applicable

TTM - no probs, happy to answer any questions.

Apparently radiotherapy is unproven to be beneficial in my circumstances, i.e 40 years old, Stage 2 invasive BC, only 1 node involved out of 12. That is what the trial is now for to test the results, I don't know how long it takes to complete a trial, quite a long time I imagine as they will prob have to monitor us all for years. I think it is proven to be beneficial in a lot of other circumstances, just not mine.

I am just happy to throw everything I can at it and with the hope that it will help other people in the future.

I had a call today from the Big C and I am having a make over on Tuesday, will be lovely to be pampered. (Plus I am hoping for some make up tips if I do lose my eyebrows and lashes!)

Trudi

Lizzy1977

Shelle, interesting to hear how your first Herceptin went. I will have mine with my 5th chemo on 25 Jan.

Re sore mouth, I have just be using lots of alchol free mouth wash and not brushing too hard. Think I will have to get a baby toothbrush afterall.

I'm feeling much better today after the TAX truck hit at the weekend and even managed 15 minutes on the treadmill! Hoping to go back to work for a week next week.

Lizzyx

tommyticklemou

hi troodles,

been reading your posts, and just wondered what the radiotherapy trial was regarding. is because you had a mx or something. hope you dont mind me asking, just wondered as i think i may be having radiotherapy but not sure yet.

many thanks

TTM xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,
well i started herceptin yesterday I did have a few side effects while i was on the drip I became very cold and had really bad shivvers it was not untill i was ready to leave at abou 4pm (after being there from 8.30) that i spiked a temp and they had to call the dr although i did tell them i had a sore throat and cough before they started treatment, the dr came and said i had a chest infection so was given AB'S BUT i had to wait till my temp came down before i could leave so i eneded up staying till 6.30 although i still had a temp when i left it had come down a bit.
Today i am feelimg the chest infection and feel very drained, I just hope that next time i have herceptin the se's wont be that bad

chelle xx

Guest user
Not applicable

For all you girls yet to have the mx, I didn't find it as bad as I thought I would. I was told I could go home the same day but was very down after the anaes so stayed in one night. Recovery was good, didn't have a drain or anything. I was worried about seeing it for the first time but saw it the same day and didn't worry me at all, was just glad to be shot of it really.

I can't have recon until early next year, I see the surgeon next in November and will be referred then.

Trudi

PS - I also want to eat for England, if there was an event in the Olympics, perhaps we could all enter! lol. I have cravings for ice cream at the moment, not something I normally eat.

Guest user
Not applicable

Paula - my check up was just an appointment with onc to chat over se's from last 3 treatments and what to expect from the next 3, then what happens afterwards with the rads and hormone treatment and what to expect from those. I was in there a good 25 mins asking questions and felt quite positive afterwards. I was half expecting a heart scan as it was mentioned previously but none of that. Was pleasantly surprised as we were in and out in an hour and a half and that included the flush. I hope your goes as quickly!

On another note, do you fancy meeting up (in the city? I think you said you live quite close) for a chat sometime?

Trudi

Guest user
Not applicable

Paula/Weme - I'm also trying not to think too far ahead to mx and at least the chemo is putting that off a bit.

Gill - Immediate recon hasn't been mentioned, but I'm assuming I'll have to wait as they don't seem to like to do this if you're getting rads as well.

Mabeline - I seem to have had only small improvements on FEC, but from what I've read it's often TAX that does the most obvious good. Hoping if the SEs are worse I'll at least get more benefit to compensate.

weme

Hi Gill

Thanks for your encouragement about mx, I don't think I can go for immediate reconstruction, not really had that discussion with surgeon but onc indicated that as rads would be needed I wouldn't be able to go for that option - will find out more on 31st!

I also loved the story about the woodburner! I am still trying to eat all the chocs from Christmas as chemo put me off of them for a week or so, but going at them with a vengance now that tastebuds are back in order!

Weme

gooseberrygirl

Hi Lovley Ladies,

Had First Tax Yesterday and feel OK today and not half as sick as with the FEC, Stomach Injection tomor, decided to try to do it myself, used to inject the dog and the horse, but new ball game, just have to do it I suppose, wish me luck.

On reading the posts it seems most of us are worried about wether the treatment is working, this seems normal, and in the darkest hours it is a demon that surfaces no matter how positive we all try to be. Sent off for the big C book, should make interesting reading, but sad that Lisa has got secondarys, my sister died of Cervical cancer aged 42, so well aware of the devastation this disease can cause. Still think we all have to remain hopeful we are beating this.

Troodles, Loved the woodburner story.. what a saleswoman !!!

Stay strong Ladies xxx

gill13

Paula - i've wanting a creme egg for days now, i feel like i'm craving food, usually sweet stuff, you should have seen me in Asda yesterday, all this lovely stuff going into the trolley! i bought some creme egg cornettes, not tried one yet)

You and weme are worried about your mx, totally understand, it really wasn't what i wanted, but had no choice after the MRI, the op itself wasn't as bad as expected and the recovery again, not really as bad as expected. will you both be having immediate recon? Personally i still want to speak to surgeon about risk reducing surgery, i would rather that than go through this all again

Troodles - i think 85% are pretty good odds too, i've asked for my prognosis for my next chemo, well done selling him a wood burner, you could have thrown in a hat too lol

Teresa - hope no 5 goes ok for you

Gill x

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry, in my last post meant to say I have my first TAX on 1st Feb!

Chemo brain strikes again.

Mx

Daysie

Ohhhhh *sick bucket please*

... woman v food moment ...

Today I ventured in the outside world and met my m8 for cappuchino, not just that, devoured a belgian bun, a custard slice (northern thing) and 2 cream eggs lol

paying the price this afternoon *sickly icon"

Paula x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies,

Troodles, your horseriding story was brilliant. Good job you have a good sense of humour.
I had an MRI after my second FEC and saw the Onc. on Monday before my 3rd FEC. He had the results of the MRI which showed the tumour hadn't shrunk at all, but hopeful that the TAX will get it. Lulu posted on here that sometimes even if the tumour hasn't shrunk, the cancerous cells in it might have died off. I have my first FEC on 1st Feb and appt. to see breast surgeon on 2nd Feb, but this morning in the mail I have received a letter to see the Onc again on 31st January, so don't know what that's all about! Maybe they are planning on a date for my MX and reconstruction? The Onc. nurse did say that sometimes they do the op mid way through the chemo, but if my tumour hasn't shrunk any, this would seem unlikely?
I have felt extremely brilliant after this 3rd FEC with practically no SEs at all. (Touch wood). Haven't had the funny taste in the mouth yet, but that will probably start tomorrow.
Best wishes to all having treatment this week.
Mxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jackie,
You've better chance of getting Emend via your Onc than when you're already at the hospital, because they will only go along with the onc's recommendations. You get 3 tablets to take in a packet. You take the first one an hour before your chemo appointment, and then take another one on the two days after. It really does help with the nausea! Tell the Onc exactly how you've been feeling!!! Thankfully, I was offered it straightaway, as I was very sick with morning sickness with both my pregnancies, and lost weight.
Best of luck!
Kym xx

weme

Hi Paula

I know what you mean about the mx, I'm having mine after chemo has finished and I am really not looking forward to it - it scares the hell out of me just thinking about it. I've got an appointment to see my surgeon on 31st to discuss it. I've no idea how many rads I will have either so maybe she will tell me that, or is it the onc that decides that? I have no idea what grade or stage my IBC is either so I've decided that I must find that out when I see onc next week.

Must go and do a bit more work, finding it harder and harder to concentrate on work the more chemo I get - it's number 5 next Thursday hopefully. So glad I can just work from home and when I can.

Good luck Theresa on no 5, sounds like the FEC is suiting you better. I'm just one week behind you now, we may be in hospital at the same time having our ops!

Weme

Daysie

Hi Trudi

I've got my half way check up in the morning, it just says 'Scan' on the letter. Not sure what to expect, guess you went to the same department as I will be going to! Can you tell me what happens? I haven't had my mastectomy yet just 3 x FEC.
Glad to hear your going ahead for the radiotherapy trial, I've got 3 weeks of that after the mastectomy (have to spit that word out as it terrifies me!).

Paula x

Guest user
Not applicable

Just had my half way check up and my picc line flushed today. The oncologist is lovely which i am grateful for having read some of your posts. Apparently it is all going to plan, I have been given the go ahead for the radiotherapy trial, which I am happy with, I know its another 3 weeks, but just chuck everything at this bugger! That will start early April and I start the Tamoxifen about 2 weeks after chemo finished, then I can look forward to the menopause!

I did ask him to go through my prognosis because I am one who likes to know worst case scenario and I have a 85% chance of being here in 10 years. I am a glass half full person so those odds sound pretty good to me.......... Mind you, it would have helped that he didn't ask me if I was ok after I asked the question cause that set me off. He is so nice though, held my hand and waited till I was ok before talking some more.

I have sold him a wood burner though so one plus point! lol

Trudi

keepthefaith

Hi

Linda just a quickie as off to hosp for Number 5 soon! Yes I think you should get your tumour checked, generally after the 3rd or 4th session, best check with your BCN or ring your consultant's secretary (I'm on the phone to mine that often I can imagine them rolling their eyes when I ring!) I get the same as you with sleep - but I find the odd temazepam very helpful!

Debbie have PM'ed you.

Teresa xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry , can you tell I am on my own all day. I seem to write essays these days

🙂

Linda
x

Guest user
Not applicable

Good Morning

Im feeling just that bit brighter today, day 5 after Tax and Herceptin. Mouth dreadful and not really eating but other than that I have stopped shouting at the kids and stopped tidying the house !!

Liz – I hope you are starting to feel alittle better today. Being positive is the only way forward. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Gill – indeed, 40 years is not being greedy. I know what you mean about eating, I suddenly want to keep eating, the only thing stopping me is the nasty taste I have in my mouth, I think this must be one of the side effects of Tax or Herceptin. Puts me off eating anything !

Lizzy, I notice you have a horrid mouth too – Im sure its been mentioned in previous posts but what is the best thing to use. I am just brushing my teeth and using Cordosyl daily ?

Christine, that’s great news that your tumour has been decreasing in size. Does everyone get theirs checked as no one has checked mine since I was first diagnosed ?

LL, good luck with chemo today. I am having chemo before my lumpectomy and had a titanium clip fitted from the beginning, I did have to ask for it with the Onc team as I remembered my surgeon saying that one would be fitted.

Kym, Im sorry but the thought of Friar Tuck did make me smile 

Teresa, ha, if only my electric bed did rock me to sleep, that’s one of the worst se’s I just don’t seem to sleep anymore. Would love a teasmade ….

Gingerrizzie, sorry I haven’t had any surgery yet so cant help. All I can say is that my affected breast seems to be giving me a lot of stabbing pains.. Killing the darn thing is what I am thinking… die die die….

Gill, you mentioned steroids, I think ive mentioned before but I haven’t taken the steroids since the first fec, they made me so ill with dizziness, sickness and feeling unwell. The Onc said they were only for sickness and I didn’t have to have them, for Tax they have agreed that I don’t need to take them before but will have them on the day through the drip as they spend less time in your system that way. It works for me but if anyone is suffering I would ask for a lesser dosage or not to have them. (Just take them home in case you need them )

Wishing everyone hugs if you are having chemo today, may the waiting room not keep you all day 🙂

Linda

xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Nov girls,
Just popping over from the Dec thread.I have been reading your mousie stories with much amusement. I had FEC2 yesterday, very late in the day, I came out of the unit at 7.45 having had a 4.30 appointment! Consequently I was up quite late due to the steroids and was lying in bed trying to drift off when what sould I hear above me but the patter of tiny feet!! Seems like the little critters are in the loft.

On the theme of fighting for meds, I relly thought they might give me gcsf injections this time round as I was so neutropenic last time but no. There was another lady there having her chemo who was in hospital the same time as me with neutropenic sepsis and she was given it. Feel quite miffed. They have reduced my chemo dose by 20% to help but now I feel, of course, that might not be strong enough to zap the cancer. The nurse said that if I get neutropenic again they might give me it next time. My cynical brain thinks it is all to do with saving money as I know it is quite expensive. There doesn't seem to be any parity between different trusts at all. If I had been referred through my GP I would have gone into the Warwickshre system and they give lenograstin as routine!

Anyway, rant over, sorry but needed to get it off my chest.

Good luck to all having chemo this week.

Debbie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi November Ladies Gingerrizzie here

I posted this yesterday but it disappeared. I haven't contributed lately but have been reading your posts with interest. I have had my 3 FECs and had my 1st TAX on Friday. I got through the FECs with a sore mouth and lost all my hair, but otherwise by the 3rd week I was feeling relatively normal. The TAX however is affecting my MX and reconstruction worse than the FEC and I feel as if I am being throttled round the chest, can't get comfortable at all and am in a lot of pain. The new breast feels like a brick stuck on with superglue. I would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced this and what can be done about it. off the shelf pain killers have no effect.
Any suggestions?

Well done to everybody for persevering.

Gingerrizzie

gill13

jackie - sounds like a good idea to see your Onc, you shouldn't have to fight for it, my medication has been changed each time, i've not felt really sick like you have but it was enough for them to try something different, no problem. What seems to have worked for me this time is being weaned off the steroids, instead of having for 3 days only, i had them over 5.

LL - i hope you've got your little black book ready with ypour questions

My neighbour took little one to school today so its dye my hair time!! Watch this space...Cold cap is working great, but the roots!!! (i would like to call the cold cap, what Lisa in the "C" word called it, but not sure if it would get passed the moderators Lol

Thinking of those are having their fix this week,

Gill x

italia03

Thanks Fairy can you tell me how this works , do they give you it in your hand during chemo or is it in tablet form , ime making an appointment to see my Onc for next week , ive only seen her the once and ive had enough of fighting with the nurse in the unit for it . 2 days and 2 nights of vomiting and still seven days in the nausea feeling is still so bad ive stayed in all week , but its getting silly now, I just want to goand see the onc armed with as much info as i can on this Med

Thanks Again Fairy
Love
Jackie
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

P.S. Christine, I ordered my samples from Gelclair, thanks for the tip! X

keepthefaith

Hi guys

I got the go ahead yesterday as my neuts are now up to 4.57 or something - amazing what an extra week does for them. I am relieved now but I don't want any more delays, neither does the onc so they are giving me GCSF injections this time round - of course I told them I should have had them last time but they didn't listen! Anyway hopefully all will be OK, and I have the juice at 2:45pm (or most likely later!). I had to wait 2.5 hours yesterday just for my pre-op check with onc, so hopefully they won't be running that late today.

LL You could maybe ask if you should see your surgeon again. After my 3rd cycle I saw mine and she had a feel and a scan to see if it had shrunk. It had, by the way. I'll be having my mastectomy afterwards too, and have been given a provisional date of 24th Feb! Very scary indeed. Then more pain and lumps and bumps!

Trudi - loved your little story! It's good to have a laugh. I met a neighbour's 18yo son coming through the field with the dog the other day, climbed through the fence and my hat got stuck on a twig, so there I was bald! of course he knew the situation but it was still very embarassing - more for him than me, I think!

Linda - interesting what you said about screaming at the kids! I was doing that on TAC too. Felt very guilty! Love the idea of your electric bed sounds great shame it doesn't make the tea too - does it rock you to sleep? lol. Glad I'm not the only one, we spend a lot of nights in separate rooms, otherwise one or the other of us is keeping the other awake tossing and turning, I hope it's just a phase!

Somebody said something about a sore mout with Tax - I have found the SEs as regards mouth, indegestion etc much the same with the 2 regimes. The main differences were I felt far more ill on TAC, and with FEC the sick feeling lasted longer and I was constipated. Of course I had the A and C with the Taxol so it's different, and I guess it affects uss all differently anyway. I read a post yesterday somewhere on the forum from someone who said that she had felt fine on the Tax!

Lots of love to everyone, especially those of us having chemo this week, will catch up after the next few days.

Teresa xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Yes, best of luck to all ladies having chemo today and this week! I've felt quite sickly after my 3rd dose of EC on Monday. I also think my days of using the cold cap are numbered - hair really going on the crown! Can't go around looking like Friar Tuck!!

Jackie, I think the other name for Emend is Aprepitant. I hope you manage to get it, goodness knows how I'd be without it. X

Troodles, loved your story about you slipping off your saddle and putting your wig back on back to front, lol!! But so sad to hear you had to have chemo before at just aged 17 and losing your hair - so unfair! xx

Kym xx

italia03

Hello Ladies
can anyone please post me the other name that is used for Emend .

Someone did post it on an earlier thread some time ago but i have been unable to find it .
Fec 2 last Wed and cant cope with the sickness anymore

Thankyou xx
Love Jackie

Libralady

Off to beddy byes now just popping in to wish anyone on chemo tomorrow best of luck -i know there are at least 3 of us due tomorrow and a couple others this week.

Lizzy - hope you are feeling better hun. Im reaaallllllly dreading the TAX next month.

Im having chemo before mastectomy - im keen to learn how the ONC's know chemo is working for me as I had a lumpectomy to remove my inital lump - they didnt get clear margins and found a 2nd type of cancer at the edge of the removed tumour. I had no markers/clips put in as they didnt "see" a 2nd tumour. I must try and remember to ask the ONC in the morning.

Plus - i still have quite a hardened lump where they removed my tumour...does this ever disappear? Its still quite sore too. Does anyone else still have a lump where they removed the naughty lump??

Oohhh im a mess! Pain and lumps and bumps everywhere! lol

3network3

Shelle just reading back a bit and the lost car story reminds me of tonight. A friend phoned from 65 miles away, we were actually planning to go down there for a day (we used to live there and still know quite a few people) to visit a few folks. We didn't go last week and I just can't remember whatsoever why on earth not. I said to her "was it maybe I was in the hospital, or was it the weather, there was a reason why we didn't go down and I just can't remember". Really strange and so unlike me!!!!! now writing it down here I suddenly remember, the DN came round the next day after dressing change of PICC as the skin has blistered and needed some Cavilon applied and redressed. I knew there was a reason! boy this is real chemo fog!

Christine xx

3network3

Trudi, you made me laugh like I haven't for weeks, I laughed tears just now and a sore tummy with laughter. It's so funny, you're loosing your hat with the wig and the person's face. I still giggle here, so funny!!!!!!!

Haven't come in here for a while, but do read here and post in the Dec thrad, where I really belong. Have my 3rd (and last) FEC tomorrow (then moving on to Docetaxel), the lesion which bothers me is on T9 (not C7 as my husband thought). I have some back pain there and get paranoid it might be in the bones.

Tumour has shrank with the last two FEC from 7.5 x 5 cm to 5 x 3.5 cm, so it's working.

Butterfly sorry you're feeling awful. This chemo takes its toll.

Reading all your Tax SE's makes me not looking forward to Feb at all, but we shall see.

If anyone has a sore mouth there is Gelclare (or Gelclair, can't remember spelling surprise surprise ..... not), you can get a sample of three sachets from the company directly via their website. I have three samples here just in case it goes badly with the Tax.

Love to you all from Christine xx

Lizzy1977

Trudi that is well funny, certainly cheered me up 🙂

Linda, I know what you mean about delayed TAX reaction. I had my first TAX on Wednesday and felt ok until Saturday. I spent Sunday and yesterday in bed feeling about 90 years old and felt just awful (I prefer the FEC) and had to go to hospital last night with a high temperature. Thankfully I am not neutophenic so I could go home. Finally feeling a bit better today but now have a very horrid sore mouth

Lizzy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi guys, the link is trusuheadwear.co.uk. We have had a few teething problems but seem to be sorted now.

Just a little story to make you laugh:

When I had chemo when I was 17 I used to go riding a lot. I had gone to a gymkana with my friend (she was taking part, I wasn't), really lovely day. We were getting to the end of the day and I decided to take one of the horses out for a walk as he had been cooped up all day in the horse box. Suitably attired, riding hat and everything because I was a sensible girl, I walked him around the car park. As we were getting back to the box, I decided to hop off, not knowing that my boots which had tassles on had wrapped themselves round the stirrup! I landed on my bum and although I had been sensible putting my hat on, I had forgotten to do it up! The hat fell off complete with wig. I quickly looked around and couldn't see anyone so quickly plonked it back on. I then stood up quite relieved that no-one had seen my embarassing moment and in the car directly in front of me, somebody was sitting in the passenger seat. That is the one and only time I can understand the exprression ' your mouth hits the floor', this person looked like their mouth was in the footwell! I ran back to the box and my friend took one look at my face, asked me whats the matter, I said I didn't know whether to laugh or cry!!! We ended up laughing our heads off especially when she told me my wig was on back to front! Day at the gymkana £3.00, Coffee and food £5.00, look on that persons face PRICELESS!

Anyway just a little laugh to cheer up all my chemo friends who are suffering a little this week.

Trudi x x x

gill13

Linda - i don't think 40 years is being greedy, i have a 6 year old, and i want to see her married (and not too young) and have kids, so if she marries in 20 yrs, has kids after say 5 yrs, i want to be around for them (i'm not planning her life here by the way lol)

But talking of greedy, i had my tea, chicken, pasta, cauliflower, took daughter to Rainbows, came back had a flake, still needed more chocolate and had a caramel. And i could still eat more!!

Trudi - can you share the link again for your hats pls

Butterfly, day after tax for me has always been ok, then day 2 starts to hit me, then day 3, floors me, start to pick up again.

Gill x

filosofie

Guest user
Not applicable

Afternoon ladies,

Feeling pretty awful today - mouth ulcers and indigestion but am dealing with it and staying positive. Fell asleep this afternoon so feeling less weak now.

Lulu: thanks for keeping me right, have edited post.
Mabeline: Not far from where you come from. January is a good month for Burns' poems!
Troodles: well done on the hats - could you post a link, please?
LL: think you are a bit like me - go straight to the worst-case scenario, with bells on! (Me, that is!) Hopefully all will be well.

Where is Lisa's blog? Couldn't get my head round a book at the moment but I may be able to dip in and out of that.

May pop in again later, in the meantime take care all, love, Liz.

Guest user
Not applicable

Good Afternoon November ladies

The mice stories go on, I think you are right LL and we are going to go with poison, we have found evidence that they are also in the downstairst wc.

I had put a present for my father in law in there over night - nice polo shirt from marks and spencers... didnt think to check it when I wrapped it up, but it was quite a shock to us all when father in law unwrapped it and there was a nice hole in it !!! opps

Tax and Herceptin last friday seemed not to hit me at all over the weekend however yesterday it floored me and I ended up having my first day in bed and just couldnt get up. Seemed to scream at the kids for no apparent reason and basically not a nice person.

I think like PP says too much time on our hands is not always a good thing, I got into googling yesterday which I really know I shouldnt and it put me in the wrong place 😞

Have to say today is a new day, I got up, had a lovely bath and back to doing some work (or at least assignments for uni which need to be in tomorrow ).

On the work front I have been really lucky and have continued to work from home, not the first week after chemo but the next 2 weeks I work as and when I can. It at least will prolong the sick pay til I am ready to go back.

My diagnosis was 30th Sep 11 , Invasive Ductal, 2 cm , Grade 2/3 Her 2 , SNB showed spread to lymph nodes.
Plan 3 x Fec, 3 x Tax, Lumpectomy, Node Clearance, Rads, Hormone Therapy and Herceptin.
Age 47 🙂

Strange thing on hair, I do seem to have some growth on my head yet scarily my eye brows seem to be disappearing today... I thought I might have got away with it

I also know what you all mean ref OH's. I seem to have gone from a very loving relationship to one of someone passing me by in the night. I probably made the mistake of buying a single electric bed when i was first diagnosed as Id read all the horror stories thinking i would be in my bed all the time. The bed though is so absolutely comfortable I sleep in it every night, it is in our double room but I feel like we'velost the closeness. I have had my serious moments of thinking he is up to no good especially when he is working lates etc but what will be will be. I just want to be here in the next 40 years ... yep 40 more years, I know I am being greedy..

Hope you have had a good day

Linda
xxx

Libralady

and surrounded by chocolate Mabeline....my mice lurrvvvveeee chocolate - i bought extra as they werent having my stash of galaxy! Ummmmm galaxy lol...YUM YUM YUM - I bought them some cheap no name brand and they still went for it! lol

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies

Lulu thanks for the reassurance re my non-shrinking tumour! If the chemo is killing off the cancerous cells inside, that's great.
LL fingers crossed your tests come back OK. If it's any consolation every single smear test I ever had showed irregularities in the cervix, but nothing ever came to anything and I ended up having a hysterectomy and oopherectomy in 2008, aged 48, due to ovarian cyst and endometriosis - nothing to do with the cervix.
On the subject of mice, I thought the Scottish ones amongst you might like this abridged version of Rabbie Burn's famous, Ode to a Mouse:
Wee sleekit, cowrin', tim'rous beastie,
O what a panic's in thy breastie!

Thy wee bit housie, too in ruin,
It's silly wa's the winds are strewin.

Thou saw the fields laid bare and waste
An' weary winter comin' fast
An' cozie here beneath the blast
Thou thought to dwell
Till crash! the cruel coulter past
Out thro thy cell.

That wee bit heap o' leaves an' stribble,
Has cost thee mony a weary nibble,
Now thou's turn'd out for a' thy trouble,

The best laid plans o' mice and men
Gang aft a-gley
An lea' us nought but grief an' pain
For promis'd joy.

Hope that makes you all feel better about those wee mice!! I saw a wee dead one on the pavement this morning on my walk, and said a prayer that he was now in Heaven, surrounded by cheese and bread crumbs!

Mxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Well ladies have just experienced a defining chemo brain moment. Went to next large village to go to the bank and shops etc before chemo no.3 tomorrow..........parked the car did my tasks, then went back to where I would normally park the car..........it had gone! I just stood in the road totally confused I COULDN'T REMEMBER where it was! totally blank no recollection what so ever.......I walked up and down streets for about 10 mins and then found it. The usual place was packed out so I parked somewhere different, boy it was scarey, just as well I am no longer responsible for young children!!!!

Just thought I would share that with you..........

How long does chemo brain last? I was always a bit "dippy" but this is verging on insanity! ha ha Shelle xx