cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Chemo in Nov 2011

weme

Re: Starting Chemo in Nov 2011

Hi All

Just got back from pre-chemo appointment, full steam ahead for TAC5 tomorrow as bloods are fine, I still forgot to find out what level they were at! I spent some time asking questions this time an apparently my IBC is triple negative, so no pills for me for the next 1 or 5 years, apparently it is more likely to re-occur as well so they keep a closer eye on you. It is grade 3 and they said it is T4, now that isn't anything to do with grade or stage so what's that? Still wont know if I will have rads until after the op.

gingersmithy, sorry to hear about your tooth, hopefully it will be ok until after the chemo.

Hope everyone else is doing OK today, must go and do some work now I'm back from the hospital while I still can - the brain gives up after chemo for a week at least so need to get it done while I can.

Weme

Pleasant1

Gooseberrygirl: sorry to hear things have been so awful. It must surely pass soon… Is it tongue thrush?! Mine's full of white lines and throat is really painful. The Difflam seems to be helping but not sure how many days it will go on.
I'm now day five post Tax and eyes felt more awake this morning but I'm having to drag myself about and feel tired after doing a tiny chore, i.e. putting a wash on. Have to keep having sit downs. Keep getting shooting pains through head and my body just doesn't feel happy. MX is very tight too and looks stretched; glad no implant there as imagine it would be even more upsetting. Can't seem to shake my cold off either. What an endurance test!

Fairy: post Tax, night four was full of sweats but last night was decent, with special wink, wink drink before bed and a couple of Paracetamol to boot.

Gingersmithy: bummer about the tooth. I keep off toffees these days due to once breaking a tooth. Nightmare and makes one feel soooo old; like this crap does! Christies sounds great. Would love to go there, have a mansion and the money to buy wonderful antiques! I was once production editor on Antiques and Collectables magazine and put together the 'What's it Worth' section freelance from home. It was a great job, while it lasted…

May be try not to worry about the munchies as our bodies must be busy making (the right) cells – right?! And, we can start Marathon training when Spring arrives – right?!

Anyway, for now, pace yourselves everyone – our energy is currently mustering itself!

gooseberrygirl

Hello Ladies,

Thrush a bit better today, still another God awful night,
Fairy.. the injection is Lenograstim, done days 3 to 9 of the treatment cycle, the nurse can do it for you, or oncology dept, but I just do it myself into stomach fat, plenty there, Think it stops blood count being so low?
Libra.. Yep know what you mean about the eating the'Stop' your full is turned off, and wouldnt mind everything tastes of Cardboard,and sore mouth but still Scoff, Scoff, Scoff Love Bovril to drink at the moment probably because I can nearly taste it!
Got to do something today, haul ass out of bed and get going, Live in Wiltshire might try a gentle walk for someone who feels 90, Sad !!!
Dont envy you Dentist stuff,,,,,Yuk
Hope your All feelin better x x

Libralady

Kym- I'm trying to ignore the fridge calling me lol. seriously though I don't know what's up for the last 2 weeks my appetite is awful, I'm just pigging on anything and I eat and have no "full" feeling. Has anyone else ever had this? it's never happened before so I'm assuming it's down to the treatment somehow whether it's the chemo or the tablet cocktail. Anyway my taste buds are slowly returning and I'm gagging less.

Debbie - my back tooth broke off a couple of weeks back, dentist looked at it and said she will deal with it after chemo unless it causes probs before hand.

Guest user
Not applicable

Gingersmithy/Debbie - so sorry to hear about your tooth, that is a dilemma you have there, but hopefully your dentist will give you good advice. And your garden must be immaculate by now!! Bet it was great at Christies Auction Rooms too! And I know you should have been on your way to NZ now, but like you say, it'll still be there next year, and the experience will be even sweeter - something really fab to look forward to!! x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies,

Fingers crossed, my taste buds could be slowly returning to normality . . . And not everything smells like a grotty public loo anymore . . .

Gooseberry Girl, you sound like you're suffering :(. Hope you start to feel better soon x but what's this needle you're talking about??

Christine, brilliant news as re your shrinking tumour!!!!
I had to cancel my Look Good Feel Good Session because It coincides with my next chemo. But I'm booked into the next one in February. Really glad you and Troodles enjoyed it. I know you are both at different ends of the country, but did either of you learn any good make-up tips? And what goodies do you get???

Pleasant1, sounds like your bathroom could do with a visit from Judes pals! And how did you sleep after your little 'infusion' last night, lol?

And Lisa, LISA!!! You got your head out of the fridge yet???? Hahahaha

Kym xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Nov girls,

Sorry pleasant, got distracted by the lovely weather and decided to garden instead!! Had to fill the green bin before collection today. hey, just like NZ, the office will still be there tomorrow... and next week...

Had a day out today.Went to Christie's auction rooms in London with a friend to pick up a couple of paintings for one of his clients. Was fascinating, even stood at the back of the auction room and tried not to twitch for fear of buying some chinese furniture lol. We had a good look round the lots being sold today and fantasised about furnishing our own small manor house. Was really good to get away from these four walls that have been closing in somewhat over the last week.

Also taste and smell seems , at last, to be returning to something like normal - hurrah! On the down side I managed to break a bit off a back tooth last night by eating Doritos!? Rang my unit for advice and they said I would need a blood test before having any dental work done. As I'm going in to my lowest neut point I think its going to have to wait. Will try to get to the dentist tomorrow so that he can have a look.Can't believe this has to happen now - I even went and had my teeth checked before starting chemo too. Anyone else had a similar problem?? Obviously I don't want to risk an infection, but may get infected if I leave it too - bit of a dilemma.

Did you have a good birthday Judes, hope so.

love to all,
Debbie x

3network3

Trudes I was at the Maggie's today at the look good feel better workshop, it's amazing how many products we get. I'm not into Make Up at all normally, but will use some of it for sure. It was very nice to meet other women.

Gooseberry, sounds you're suffering the Tax SE's badly ..... oh dear ....hugs to you, it'll pass and when yours has passed I'm in the middle of it ....... so not looking forward to that, esp as I got away with FEC lightly, afraid the Tax will hit me badly just to make up for it.

Girlies, I had a mammo today and ultrasound and the doctor said he can barely make out a tumour in the boob. Yeah, chemo working really well and shrinking everything down. He saw one enlarged node in the axilla though. The more tests the more confused I get ... four weeks ago my axilla nodes were not enlarged in the CT

love from confused.com xxx

gooseberrygirl

Hello Ladies,

Had First TAX a week ago and boy have the SEs been awful...sorry Ladies who havnt yet started, on FEC managed to go to work in Kitchen each day with TAX no chance, plus the injection, what a devil to get in the syringe....nothin like casualty! Thought the stabbing bit would be the worst but NO its getting it in the needle, especially with such sore fingers. Not liking this at ALL, Pain everywhere!
Horrendus Thrush too

Bugger!!!!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Loved my make over at the Big C today, can't believe how many goodies you get free, fab!

Great to meet up Paula - we must do it again.

Trudes

Libralady

Ok - I have just come out of the Kitchen cupboard which is where I live at the moment to say hi to everyone. Currently my face is chocked full of every conceivable thing there is which is edible in my home. The kids better watch out - even they are looking kinda tasty.

I have never been so damn ravenous in my life. My new username will shortly be changed to Hippolady - sod the Libra bit!

May sleep next to the fridge tonight,I can just open it and pull food out at will without burning excess energy! lol

Over and out..nom nom nom nom.

Pleasant1

Catching up…
Endured a bad night sweating; think it came on after taking Paracetamol to stop the aches and pains.
I finally dragged myself out of the pit, almost fainted then ate porridge, but thankfully have perked up a bit. Managed a shower in our awfully green 70's bathroom; with tiles falling off the walls, followed by a walk and now soup. Thinking I'll light a fire and attempt to nod off before the boys return!
Started using Difflam earlier so hopefully my tongue will reduce in size and all the white lines and spots will go…

KTF: I've already had 3xFEC and am four days post 1st Tax. When's everyone's last dates for these dreaded drugs? My next Tax dates are supposed to be 3rd and 24th Feb. I'm thinking it would be good to list the home stretch and then cheer one another to the Finish Line!

L4W and Jackie: so pleased you are both experiencing some energy again and enjoying doing things. And L4W, NZ ain't going anywhere; just waiting for you to visit!

LL Lisa: good news for you! Hurrah!

Hope you both had a good meet up today and managed to laugh in the face of adversity Trudes and Paula.

Gail: good luck with your first Tax on Thursday.

Gingersmithy: did you get your office sorted? Very motivated of you!

Fairy: hope your taste buds are improving. I'm thinking Bolognese this evening but also wondering if we should reduce red meat. Don't eat that much beef these days but what's best to eat to ward of the dreaded cancer is a minefield.

Linda: hope you're feeling better after your temperature yesterday? I'm thinking tax may be gearing up to hit me some more as this is my day 4 and aches seemed to get worse for a few of you around then. May be it's the bad cold causing worse se's Linda? I've been fighting one since before Christmas that I can't seem to shake off properly.

Enjoyable times to all of you. x

Lost_4_Words

KtF, already had my MX so best advice I can give is start doing the exercises to get everything stretched and strong and hopefully it will speed your recovery 🙂

Jackie, hope you enjoy(ed) your walk 🙂 I too love frosty mornings and today we also had the most fabulous sunrise. Just makes me want to jump out of bed and get the day started 🙂

Paula, missed Stargazing Live but will catch up later. Having moved from town to country I really notice the difference in the night sky. At night it's pitch black here and the sky is just awash with stars, awesome. We bought s-son a telescope years ago and know he doesn't use it so will ask if we can borrow it!!

Still can't believe how full of energy I feel, hang on in there if you're suffering right now, it does get better 🙂

Hoping to go Kite watching later as it might be my last chance to see them en-mass. Got my Rads appointment Wed (hopefully find out how/what/when) and chemo Thurs so if it wipes me out again I'll be housebound for 10 days (daren't drive with the bone pain) 😞

Sun is up, sky is blue, time to get on 🙂
t.t.f.n.
L4W

keepthefaith

Glad to see you sounding so chirpy, Jackie. You're right the weather is beautiful, it really helps to not be grey and wet!

So pleased about your scan, Lisa

Now got my date for the Mx and full ANC - 2nd March :-S

Love to all
xxxxxx

italia03

Morning Nov Ladies
its lovely to read that most of us havs started to pick up after such a crappy couple of weeks , so pleased for you LL on your news .

Well ime going out to have a very brusk walk in the frosty winter sunshine today to blow some cobwebs away .

I love really frosty winter days there so beutiful and give me a feel good facter .

Good luck to all this week

Love and Light

Jackie
xxxx

Lost_4_Words

LL great news about the smear test 🙂 def worth asking your unit about the steroids, when I had my last FEC my onc forgot to write the prescription for my steroids and it was only when I was chatting to the nurse about starting TAX next time that they realised I should have them. My unit wont give TAX if you haven't taken the steroids and I must have been asked a dozen times if I had before they started treatment.

Weme, good to hear you're doing ok but don't overdo it. Can't believe we are nearly at the end of chemo and can't help smiling when I think of 9th Feb also can't believe how fast it's gone 🙂

Chelle/Lizzy, I've noticed my eyelashes disappearing the last few days and eyebrows are getting very thin but oddly I'm sure my hair (on head) is starting to grow back!

Christine, I've was told the same for Herceptin although it now looks like I'll have finished chemo before I get started!! They have said the first one I will have to stay for 'a good few hours' after just in case, they also told me not to drive myself but as long as I'm ok with No.1 I should be ok for the rest.

I've had a really good day today, can't believe how well I feel after feeling so crap wk 1 & 2 am now firing on all cylinders 🙂 so much so I've spent the day baking, we now have tins full of buns, scones, flapjack and aunty winifreds special (dates, cherries, rice krispies topped with chocolate, yummy) even cooked a couple of meals for next week and managed an hour in the garden, all in all a good day.

Just realised I would have been all packed and ready for my 'trip of a lifetime' to NZ 😞 was supposed to fly out of Heathrow tomorrow evening 😞 oh well there's always next year 🙂

Night all
L4W

3network3

Lisa I'm very happy for you that smear was fine xxx

gill13

Paula

just having a creme egg, i blame you for having 2 last week 🙂 yum yum

Gill x

Daysie

Hi Trudes

Yes looking forward to seeing you in the morning, 9.15am 🐵

Just been watching Stargazing Live, awesome program, will watch the rest tomorrow.

Nite nite everybody

Paula x

weme

Hi all

Looks like people aren't doing too badly. I went to work today, I have a nice sit down office job, not too energetic but I'm absolutely tuckered out now. I was going to go in tomorrow after my blood test but I'm having second thoughts now. Will have to see how I feel in the morning but at the moment I feel as if I could sleep for a week and this is my good week. Oh well, must stop moaning. I've got TAC5 on Thursday hopefully the just one more after that, the end is in sight.

LL good news about your smear, one less thing to worry about.

I have steroids that I have to start taking the day before chemo, day of and day after 4 tablets twice a day then for 3 days after that 4 tablets once a day. They give me them when I go for my chemo ready for next time. I also get AB and injection.

Must go, can't keep my eyes open, oh to be 'normal' again!

Weme

Libralady

Yes great news about my smear, I'm still having gyne issues but that's a relief I can tell you....onto the next test.

Thanks for your advice regarding the tax and steroids ladies, I will follow this up, I did think it was odd they hadn't mentioned this to me at my last FEC when it seems to be common place.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi guys, been away for the weekend and just catching up with the posts.

LL - I have to start my steriods on Sunday as first Tax due Monday, I take them on day of chemo and 1 day after.

Paula - will see you tomorrow for a coffee and a good ole chin wag.

Trudi

gill13

Christine - i know what you mean about going to unit for a year, seems like a long time, thats why i was tempted by the 6 month trial (which i'm still not going to be part of)

LL - great news about your smear test, phew 🙂 And i think the steroids are something to do with allegic reaction, at my 2nd chemo, i forgot to take my 2nd lot at lunchtime and phoned the unit at about 6, hoping they'd say don't worry about them but they said i should still take them (about 6pm) might be woth querying

Kym - just by copying and pasting

Gill x

Guest user
Not applicable

Happy Birthday, Judes. Hope you're having a lovely day.

LL Delighted your smear was fine.

I had to take steroids for 3 days, day before, day of chemo and day after as well as having some in the drip. Seems to be standard. Onc nurse told me SE were less on steroids.

I have had 3 Tax and 1 FEC and so far nails are still intact but chipping so trimmed them back last week.

I feel OK 11 days after FEC 1 but very tired and hungrier than usual.

Hope you are all having minimal SE. Take care, Liz.

PS Just realised that one month today will be my last chemo - all being well!

3network3

Lisa, same here re steroids, was given them last wed for next chemo to take, one day before Tax, then on Tax day and one day after Tax, 16mg per day.

Christine xx

Daysie

♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥ Happy Birthday Judes ♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥

Hope you have a lovely day 🐵

Paula x

Guest user
Not applicable

LL Lisa, I've no idea as re steroids prior to Tax, I have another EC before I start next regime. But excellent news about your clear cervical smear, yay! And this (lack of) taste buds thing is yuckky isn't it! x

Guest user
Not applicable

LL - check with your chemo unit. I was given extra steroids last time to cover me for my first TAX as I've to start taking them day before chemo.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Libralady,
I think it is worth querying the lack of steroids as it seems to be standard practice and the BNF (Dr's prescribing bible) says "it is recommended".

I was given my first lot of steroids (to take home and start the day before chemo) at my planning appt with the oncologist - but I started on TAX.

Sue

Libralady

Hi Ladies

Just popping through to say hi to everyone, I'm in my body aches few days so laying low and still eating myself to death even though I can't taste anything. Nausea is passing now thank the Lord as long as I don't imagine eating margarine...I know....its weird. Just typing that made me gag! yuk.

Judes hun. happy birthday, i get up and sing fort you babes but I've lost all my energy the last few days...it will pass.

Can I just check, Ive had my appointment for my 5th Chemo which is my 1st TAX but I've had no mention or invite for starting steroids before......is this supposed to happen or is it one of those things different units do differently as I read most people start steroids just before TAX? Can anyone advise on that?

Also - good news - my Cervical smear and swabs all came back negative. THANK THE LORD!

I came on a week earlier this time, so I'm still menustrating after 4 chemos but slightly off schedule this time...I wonder if this will ring the wind of change for my periods...I could really do without them as they are heavy and I feel crappy! Booo Hooo.

3network3

Gill, next time I start Herceptin and Docetaxel, but they don't want this to satrt at the same day, so they said Herceptin first and because of possible SE's I need to hang around in the chemo unit for 6-7 (!) hours afterwards. They said it's rare having SE's but they want to be on the safe side. Just the way they do things where I am, but they don't do cold cap either, maybe a funny lot I'm with LOL. Following day is Docetaxel. I suppose that's only when they give me Herceptin for the first time and I guess I can have Tax and Herceptin together after that. The thought of going there for a whole year for Herceptin every three weeks is not inspriring, but glad there is Herceptin. I hope it won't affect my heart. They said there is an alternative if needs be. I don't want to complain, as if I get secondaries it's Herceptin as long as I hang on on this planet.

Hope this helps,

Christine xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Lizzy,I always look to see if you have posted because we are at the same stage I like to see how your se's differ from mine.
I am sorry about your nails, I am keeping a close eye on mine to see if there are any changes after the next chemo.
I hope you feel ok when you have the Herceptin, I am worried about having Tax and Herceptin on the same day as it might be a bit too much going in on the same day but we shall see.

I will be thinking about you on the 25th and hope all goes well

Chelle xx

Lizzy1977

Chelle, good to hear you are doing ok after your first TAX but sorry to hear you have a chest infection. I think I had mine on the same day as you. I have gone back to work today until the 24th. Like you my eyelashes have virtually gone and my eyebrows are getting thinner by the day. Fortunately I have a big fringe on my wig so you can't see them that well! My fingernails are really sore and some are going a bit grey/black. I'm having my next TAX on the 25th and my first Herceptin
Lizzyx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All,
Nearly 2 weeks after first Tax and 1 week after 1st Herceptin I am feeling ok, still have a bit of a bad cough after the chhest infection but its not too bad, The first week after tax was the worst but it gets better, my mouth is a tiny bit sore and dont have many taste buds at the moment and I have quite a bit of a funny sensation at the ends of my fingers and toes but no pain, and my fingernails are doing ok, Also most of my eyelashes have run off but my eyebrows are hanging on for dear life lol.
Next Tax and Herceptin 25th Jan

Hope you are all doing ok
Chelle xxx

weme

Hi All

Just a quick note, I've come into work today for a change, it's nice to get out the house and have real people to speak to!

Happy Birthday Judes XX I hope your bathroom is finished soon.

Theresa, hope it goes well with the surgeon, I'm not seeing mine until 31st.

Got to go do some more work.

Hugs to everyone, I hope you all have a great day - sunshine makes you feel better and it's lovely and sunny here.

Weme

Guest user
Not applicable

Hope you're feeling better Linda, and your temp is down!

Happy Happy Birthday, Judes!! xx
Gill, how did you get all those squiggles and musical notes on your post??

Still feeling a bit sorry for myself as re everything tasting and smelling really naff. Made chicken Sunday dinner yesterday, thankfully everyone said it tasted and smelled better than I thought it did - sweaty smelly socks and dead, decomposing fish! Bleurggh.

Stay warm everybody and hope those SEs aren't too horrible xxx

keepthefaith

Hiya Pleasant - Don't worry! Are you having TAC or Tax before FEC? I have felt better in myself with the FEC, but just more sick and constipated. I had TAC not Tax by itself, so we are not necessarily comparing the same thing!

Debbie - you (don't) want to watch that programme, it's addictive, and not in a good way!! Happy tidying.

Judes Happy Birthday!!!

Don't like the idea of losing nails, although apparently they can go with Taxol or with FEC.

Off to see surgeon soon to finalise exactly what procedure to have! I don't want to make this decision!!! Probably going to be FRi 24th Feb.

Sorry for the rush
Love to all
Teresa xx

Pleasant1

Thanks for all the Tax info you lovely women.
I had a weird night drifting in and out of sleep and bones aching a bit, tongue swollen, bad taste in mouth and eyes that don't want to open; even though I may be awake-ish! All a bit hazy to be honest. Got teary again this morning – putting it down to feeling really low and getting the start of another period.

KeepTheFaith – hope FEC is easier then as I was thinking they were giving us the toughest one first?!

Poor you Linda; sounds hell and exhausting. Hope your temp. reduces or you speak to someone about what to do. I'm back in bed, feeling very lazy, listening to R4. Big frost outside and bed is the warmest and most comforting place right now.

Thanks L4W, and I have a good image of you watching kites. I haven't had the nausea either but am getting the mouth symptoms and gearing up for more aches. In preparation, the leaf's currently maturing in milk and spices in the fridge! Didn't have any last night in a bid to find out if there's any real difference. I slept much better, despite steroids, the night before last when I drank a cup before bed. I'll wait for the bone ache to actually hit this time.
Haven't had the constipation with Tax but only took one Ondanstr…thingy-sick-pill this time. At least we don't seem to have to take so many other pills with this, other than the steroids.

Happy Birthday Judes! How goes it? Hopefully you've emerged from your last FEC fog by now…

Oh, Woman's hour about to report on how we are hard-wired to be positive, even in the most trying circumstances! Going to listen to this optimism stuff now… ;-o x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Everyone,

Another super day. Happy Birthday Judes! Hope you have a lovely day with loads of treats.

Linda, hope you are feeling better today and that your temp has come down.

Well, finally timme on my hands is beginning to drag. Even considering starting to sort out my home 'office' today - things must be desperate.

may just watch homes under the Hammer first though LOL.

Debbie x

gill13

♥♫♪ Happy Birthday Judes ♥♫♪ hope you have a lovely day

Linda - hope you feeling better today

L4W - good news about your heart function, and its so tough when you have to make a choice, but like you said they will monitor you closely, i have read that if your heart is affected by herceptin they can stop it and restart once heart returns to normal, and i totally agree we have to throw everything at this.

Christine - i was just wondering why you were having herceptin the day before tax? i have mine on the same day, hope you keeping ok today. Was it you who was in contact with Jean, outside of here? Is she ok?

Gill x

3network3

Judes, have a lovely day today and hope you get many pressies and the biggest of all a new bathroom, might be just finished in time for your birthday today. Happy Birthday all the best from the bottom of my heart xxxxx

Good to read the tax stories, doesn't seem too bad so far.

L4W I'm due to start Herceptin just a day before my next chemo (Tax), wonder how much poison my body can take.

Love to you all,

Christine xx

Lost_4_Words

Good Evening Lovely Ladies

Linda, if temp is still over 37.5 ring your hospital, don't wait till it gets to 38.

OMG I went to put my coat on the other day and couldn't zip it up, I had to undo the side vents!!!

Well I'm almost at No.2 TAX and can only say for me it's been completely different to FEC. No nausea at all (yeaaaaahhy), mouth was worse but had Fluconazole to keep thrush at bay, horrible taste was worse and lasted longer, even strong flavours didn't mask it 😞 and everything tasted waxy. Fingernails have been sore and ends are changing colour but so far holding on to them and they have settled down now. Bone pain was bad days 5/6/7 but since then I've felt so much better, no chemo fog and I've been getting out and about everyday, feel full of energy. Been very windy here 😉 but haven't had to blame the dog yet. They think I may I have had a slight reaction cos my tongue and lips swelled a little and tingled for the first few days so onc may give me something next time.

Had my check up with the cardiologist and the good news is my heart function has improved 🙂 the not so good news is I have to consider whether to have Herceptin!! If I do they will monitor me very closely and stop it if it starts to show signs of lowering my heart function again. As I see it I don't have a choice cos without Herceptin my survival odds are dramatically reduced and I know they are only statistics but I have to give myself the best chance of beating this but it's a worry as they can't say what the long term affects might be 😞 Looks like I'll be having a long chat with my onc on Thursday before TAX No.2!!

I've been spending a lot of time watching the Kites cos they'll only be around for another month or so (hoping they see me through to the end of chemo:-)) before they pair up and go off to their nesting sites.

Happy Birthday Judes 🙂

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40K2S0-5Xo0&feature=fvsr

Anyone heard from Jean? Hope she's doing ok 🙂

Keep your chin up ladies, the worst is nearly over 🙂 remember this is all temporary so one foot in front of the other and we'll get to the end 🙂

t.t.f.n.
L4W

Guest user
Not applicable

Gill
Thanks, I hadn't been monitoring it, just checked and I am 37.8. I'll keep an eye on it now and if it gets to 38 I will give the hospital a call.
Linda
X

gill13

sorry, posted too soon and twice??

Linda - have you been keeping eye on your temp, the nurse told me early on to be carefully, if feeling shivery when heating full blast.

too many people on here feeling horrible at the moment, i hope everyone starts picking up soon.

personally i'm not too bad, bit of a bad taste, and sore tongue. Unfortunately for my waistline, this doen't stop me eating, it makes me eat more as i go in search of something that tastes good!!

Gill x

gill13

i just wanted to let you all know, that after 4 tax, my nails are fine. the wosrt that has happened to them is they're not in great condition and they break or split easily. No black nails or nails which are coming off.

gill13

i just wanted to let you all know, that after 4 tax, my nails are fine. the wosrt that has happened to them is they're not in great condition and they break or split easily. No black nails or nails which are coming off.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello

Firstly to say the aching bones hit me on about day 4, Tax seems to have also drained me alot longer, I am currenly on day 8 and I feel worse than I have thoughout all of the chemotherapy time. Ive now come down with a stinking cold, when i blow my nose it bleeds 😞 and I cant stop shivering even though everyone else in the house are warm. Basically feeling quite down and sorry for myself.

I lay in bed last night and I couldnt say any part of my body that wasnt hurting... thinking ahead though and last TAX is on 17 Feb so I keep that date in my mind and it isnt forever.

Ive got Chemo brain so not sure if Ive said but Ive booked to go to The Haven in Hereford on thursday as I know my diet has been really poor as I just cant eat anything due to the horrible mouth and no taste buds whatsoever...

Sorry for the moans but its one of those days.

Love to everyone and hope your day has been good..

Linda
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Gill - Happy belated birthday.
Judes - Have a great birthday on Monday.

Lizzy - That's great you're feeling better but the nail bit sounds a bit grim. I'm due first TAX on Thursday. Was a bit freaked out when I found out I might lose nails as well, but I expect it's like losing your hair; once it happens it doesn't seem as bad. I felt with FEC the one SE I'd have liked to do without was the problems with the veins and from what I've heard TAX isn't as bad there. I'm hoping to use working from home to keep sick leave down to a week at a time to avoid having to get signed off, so your report was encouraging.

3network3

Lizzy the nail SE on Tax is the one I dread most. I so hope my nails will stand the poison.

Did dishes after dinner and my arms are quite sore, where's my energy gone ? LOL

Sorry Keepthefaith (like your name :)) you're so sick too on FEC.

How were the bagels Lisa?

Christine xx

keepthefaith

Well done you Lizzy, sounds great apart from the fingernails - that's grim.

Pleasant, I had TAC - they changed me to FEC because the onc said he didn't think I'd be well enough to manage 6xTAC! (TAC is Taxol, Adriamycin-same family as the Epirubicin, the C of FEC). I was proper poorly on TAC, but FEC affects me in different ways! Neither are pleasant, are they really? I am so amazed by those of you who manage to work! I couldn't!

I just don't have the energy to get emotional, in fact am worried I am disassociating myself from any feeling whatsoever!!

Teresa xx

PS oops posted twice - sorry!