Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Chemo in October

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Starting Chemo in October

Hi gals

Lizzy what a pain having to go hosp with temp but good news that you werent neutropenic x

Teresa good luck for wednesday, hope you get sorted with better anti sickness x

Libby so glad you enjoyed your break sounds like you had a lovely relaxing time, just whats needed x

So far so good for me, im not suffering too much although the tax tongue has started so not tasting very much but not as bad as last time (yet) Also my blood counts were quite good so dint need to start off with those dreaded injections and i think that makes such a difference, hardly any pains yet just odd aches if im standing too long. Fingers crossed this cycle will be kind to me.

Got a phonecall today to confirm my rads planning appointment is on thursday so things moving on quickly, feels great to be thinking of the next step....the home stretch!

Hugs to all you lovely ladies x

libsue

Judy, good for you, I'm pleased you are giving yourself the best chance, in the long term you won't regret it. If it's any consolation my last Tax (12th Jan) caused me less S/E's than previous ones, I guess it was psychological knowing no more poison.

Clare, we had a great weekend in Sharnbrook, our friends were very kind, accommodating and sympathetic to my needs. I felt comfortable going without my wig, and that's a first in company! The journey home today went quickly, I was a bit stiff when we arrived home but it was well worth it. The change did both me and my OH a world of good, and has boosted my confidence a little. How are you after your last Tax? I hope like me, you are coping better this last cycle.

Teresa, all the best for Wednesday, you will feel so relieved knowing no more swamp juice, it does have a psychological effect. I hope you are prescribed something to help with the sickness, have you tried Emend?

Hope you come out of the dark hole soon Lizzy. I know how miserable it is, but you are nearly at the end, only one more to go!

Hugs to everyone.

Libby xxx

keepthefaith

Thanks Lizzy
I suppose they will decide on rads after the path report from my Mx, as they only have the biopsies to go on at present. How are you managing without one boob? Did it take long to get used to the scarring or does it still all seem a bit surreal? I am so looking forward to finishing, and getting away for that long weekend at the end of Feb before the op. I'll be having tamox at some point too. I am glad you are not neutropenic - it is all such a worry! Look after yourself.

Good on you for finishing the chemo, Judy - when will your last one be?

Clare - you have finished! And you, Libby.

Off to the hospital tomorrow for pre-chemo check with the onc. I'm hoping they can give me something better for he sickness this time, I don't want a repeat of the vomiting - apart from anything else it puts you off your food! Then I am all done on Wednesday, will update you probably next week sometime

In the meantime ladies, hope you all get on OK with your next treatments or side effects, whatever stage you're at.

Onwards and upwards!

Teresa xxx

Lizzy1977

Clare, that's great to have the last one ticked off. I hope the SEs are ok and you have not been hit by the TAX truck again.

Teresa, good luck for Wednesday for your last treatment. I hope the MX op goes well. I had mine before chemo and it's all healed now. I didn't have a reconstruction but may do in the future.

I'm having 6 cycles so my last TAX will be on 15 Feb. I've already started Herceptin and I guess the Tamoxifen will follow shortly after the chemo has finished. My oncologist still hasn't made a decision about the rads but apparently they don't think I need them.

Judy, I'm pleased you are having the last one. I know it's not easy so big hugs. I'm looking forward to my last one and getting on with things.

At the moment I am still suffering from chemo last week and am dead achey from the TAX again. I had to go to hospital with a temperature this morning but am not neutrepenic. Time for a nap as I am pretty shattered!

Take care everyone
Lizzyxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Judy - well done you for deciding to go ahead with the last one, its not easy having to face it but it will all pass soon. Hope your se's are tiny on the last cycle. Another 'crispgate' story hee hee hope you managed to get some tbone crisps somewhere else lol x

Guest user
Not applicable

Clare, Libby, Simone, Sue, Lizzy, Pat and any October Ladies,

I have had a good read of all your thoughts, words of wisdom and as usual all your very sensible responses. And yes, I have decided to have the last one, I can assure you I don't want too but I have done 5 and one more is not major when it might be the optimum one.

On a lighter note my appetite and food cravings have returned and have gone crazy for 'T Bone' bubbly crisps and when my local Tesco's didn't have any I lost the plot - I thought security was going to throw me out!!!! - They just don't understand......lol

Big hugs goes out to all the ladies that about to have ops - stay brave and remember its another thing crossed of the journey.

Judy
xxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Libby, im hoping this last cycle wont be as bad too and i hope not having the injections will lessen the aches and pains. Yes im in Beds, Flitwick. Ive heard of sharnbrook but not been there dont think its that far from me. Ive heard is a very nice little village! Hope you enjoy your break with friends x

libsue

Hi ladies,

There's so much to catch up with, I'll read all posts next week. I'm away for the weekend .. going to Bed's to stay with close friends, I'm feeling a little nervous as it will be my first time away from home since I started treatment, and not looking forward to the 3hr car journey. My OH has put a pillow and quilt in the car for my comfort, just hope I manage to sleep.

Clare, you're from Bed's I think? Our friends live in Sharnbrook, it's a lovely village, maybe you know it?

Congratulations on finishing chemo, it's a wonderful feeling isn't it to know no more swamp juice? My S/E's haven't been as bad this time, hope you're the same. Not having the jabs should help.

I hope everyone who's been suffering is feeling better, and Judy do think about your final chemo, it's only one more, keep telling yourself if you can do five you can do six. Cos you can, if I can anyone can, I was ready to pack it in after my first Tax but gave myself a talking to, and I've finished chemo.

Simone and Pat, I've started this thread as I've 'met' a couple of other ladies here from Leeds/W.Yorks.
http://share.breastcancercare.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=35625&p=630586#p630586

Wishing everyone a pleasant weekend, and hugs for anyone feeling low.

Libby x

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening Ladies

Well couldnt get blood from hickman line, was sent for an ultrasound to make sure nothing sinister going on with blood but it was all flowing so just one of those things i guess. Couldnt bear for several painful stabbings in my fec damaged arm so offered my at risk arm (only had 6 nodes removed) hope i dont live to regret but they did get blood straight away as those veins are still very good. Anyway bloods were better than average so chemo went ahead an i didnt even get prescribed those dreadful injections....finally some good news! I may still need them next week if TAX wipes out my cells again but we will see

Am quite sleepy as usual so been snoozing on and off curled up on the sofa.

Hope everyone is ok, love to you all x

Patlufc

KtF, make sure you insist on more antisick meds, was given levomepromazine for my last treatment and was only sick once before I left the ward. They work on a different part of the brain to the usual ones. Worth a try. Hope all goes well.
Hope everyone else is doing ok

Pat xx

keepthefaith

Wow Clare, the last one! Fantastic! well done you. And good on ya for having your photo taken "au natrelle"!

It's my last one next Wednesday(3rd FEC) I can't wait to put the chemo behind me and move on. sadly what I am moving on to is mastectomy! Never mind. I won't be having immediate recon, putting off for a while as the rads won't do it any favours. Hopefully they will give me some more antisickness meds as I was proper sick last time!

Hope you're feeling a bit better now Lulu.

Lizzy do you have one more, or are you on 8 cycles? Sounds exhausting being at the hospital that long - I can't stand being there!

Simone funny you habing "que sera sera" in your head - that is constantly my background track! The other one, ever since the consultant mentioned the possibility of seroma after my surgery is "my sharona" but in my head "ma,ma,ma my seroma!!" OK call me weird if you like.....

Judy sorry you had a funny 5 mins at the onc (been there, done that!) but u sound quite upbeat at the end of your post, so hope you're doing OK.

Went to LGFB with Debbie(Gingersmithy) from the December thread on Wednesday - had a great time, lunch first with Debbie, lots of lovely make-up goodies....

Lots of love to all the rest of you in the PJ posse (Pat, Sue, anyone else I forgot)

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello october ladies

Have my final Chemo tomorrow but after the fiasco we had trying and failing to get blood from me am just hoping it still goes ahead. No luck from hickman line or arm but after what you said Lizzy about using the other 'at risk' arm i may have to resort to that too (only had 6 nodes removed) if hickman line not playing again tomorrow, it is worrying though the thought of getting lymphoedema but really want to get this chemo over with so may have to risk it.

I had an unexpected photoshoot with my baldy head, went in to my hubbys work to do a pic of the two of us for their newsletter as they have done a lot of fundraising for our page (theyve been amazing) and they had the meeting roonm done out with photography stands/lighting etc felt a bit weird about it but got into it and i have to be honest the pics we looked at on the computer aint too bad, was pleasantly surprised and actually felt quite liberated as have hidden my baldy head from even some of my closest friends. The guy is going to edit background and soften/blur edges etc on his software at home and do some prints for me, i will put one on my profile pic when i get them

Also had my last day at work today, on garden leave now till notice period starts/ends. At least i can relax and rest up properly for a bit without worrying about struggling into work but will look for something soon, would be nice to have my redundancy money in the bank and not have to use it to live. Was busy clearing up all loose ends so didnt have time to dwell as i will miss the people but some i am keeping in touch with anyway. My boss arranged for lots of yummy pizza at lunchtime and we had a little gathering awwww

Anyway ive waffled on for far too long, must be the steroids haha

Hope everyone is ok, love to all x

Lizzy1977

Hi ladies

Bi hugs Judy, I know it's crappy. I would have what they advise but I know what you mean about having a crappy chemo brain and the treatment feeling worse than the disease.Every time I have chemo I say to myself that I can't belive I am voluntarily putting myself through this crap and then I think of the alternative.

I've had my fith chemo today (TAC no 2 with my first Herceptin). I was at the hospital from 10am til 5:15pm due to the Herceptin so now feel tired. Also with my chemo brain I forgot to take my steriods this morning so they had to give me a double dose with the chemo so no doubt I will be up all the night. All my veins have collapsed on my left hand so they had to use my right arm. Fortunately my breast care nurse came to see me just as they were trying to canulate and said that as I only had the sentinel node biopsy and not a full clearance they could use my right arm as the risk of lymphodema is less. I think from last time that the side effects won't kick in until Friday but hoping I won't ache as much as last time!

Time for a DVD methinks

Big hugs ladies
Lizzy xx

Lulu34

Hi judy

I just had no5 last week and it's my worst so far too.... Hardly slept last night with pain, nausea and indigestion. Eventually fell asleep about 6am.

I know my surgeon has mentioned some research which shows 4 Chemo is just as effective as 6 but not read it myself so couldn't comment exactly. But I know that lots of people cannot complete their course because of dude effects or complications.

It is your choice they cannotgive it against your will but do ask for all the info so you can make the right decision for you

I know for me personally I would have how ever many the Onc recommended no matter how awful I felt having the treatment. Having the disease is worse, but some people may feel the treatment is worse than the disease.

Take care we are all here for you xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh Judy, it really is a crappy time when feeling low and that one hit me earlier than the 5th lot, just when you think you can't feel any lower along comes that desperate feeling that you just cannot continue feeling and looking like something you wouldn't want to scrape off your shoe!!!! It is hard but when you get that last lot, weirdly enough I really did feel quite accomplished and that actually, maybe a little bit selfishly, I did it for me, so I can say I've done all I can to beat this and I can now crack on with a Doris Day song tinkling away in my head " Que Sera Sera"!!!

Loadsa cyber hugs to you, Simone xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Aww Judy, thinking of you and the other swampies - all I can say is my last chemo was the "best" of the lot in terms of recovery - so perhaps your No 6 will be even better than No 5 - you'll never no unless you try - no pressure, just positive vibes heading your way >>>>>>>

Sue

Patlufc

Morning all.

Judy, know exactly how you feel. Thats just how I felt. I can now see a light at the end of the swamp juice tunnel. Got mt radiotherapy planning appointment on Monday.

Take care all

Pat x

Guest user
Not applicable

Judy sorry you feel so pants, what you have said is exactly how i felt couple of weeks ago after my 5th chemo, i told my husband 'thats it im done!' and refused to do the last one but i have changed my mind, its the last one, i hope you find the strength to face it, just couple more weeks of feeling crappy then can say goodbye to chemo blues, big hug for you x

Guest user
Not applicable

October Ladieees!!!!

I had my 5th 'Swamp Juice' last Thursday and oddly the SE's are less other than the chronic tiredness - no stomach cramps, general cramps, diarohea etc.

I saw the Oncologist and moaned that I had had enough and did not want to be bald anymore, was mega grumpy and did not want to feel 'pants' anymore and I asked if I could not do last Chemo - he said its up to you and said that we know 12 sessions of Chemo is too many, 3 is not enough but he could not tell me what the difference was between session 5 and 6?

Of course I want to throw the towel in but a selfish approach is not quite appropriate when you've got kids and when your mind is Chemo fuzzy - any thoughts?

As always fantastic to hear all the news of Chemo finishing, Ports coming out and the latest tattoo designs!!!!!

Keep on moving and shaking!!!!!

Judy
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hey there Ladies, I'm back up again, but definitely struggling to shake off the tired!!!! anyhoo, start the tamoxifen on 2nd Feb and then start 3 weeks of Rads on 7th Feb, so I'm slathering the aqueous cream on now morning and night in preparation.

When I went for my CT scan and planning meeting I was a little bit disappointed that I came away with what I can only describe as borstal dot tattoos!!!! lol! Merely because I'm such a tattoo snob, as I do have hundreds of pounds worth of freehand tattooing on my arm and I'm just not sure what artwork I'll have to have to cover them in the long term!!!!!

Fortunately for inanimate objects I have obsessed about this instead of developing my potty mouth skills!

Starting back at work on 1st Feb doing 4 hours a day, should be interesting as Occy health said although I'm attending 4 hours a day I must take as many breaks as I need, if my current tired rating is anything to go by I'll have my head on the keyboard, dribbling out of the corner of my mouth and snoring for 3 out of the 4 hours!!! mmmmmm attractive, and yet I'm still single, go fathom........

Always like to end on a positive, I have owl fluff on my head and a few little stumpy eyelashes already, only 2 weeks after last chemo, can I get a whoop whoop!!!! I'll need mascara, bobbles and ribbons before I know it......

Hugs to you all, and minimal se's, Simone xxx

libsue

Hello everyone,

I hope you've all had an enjoyable weekend. The weather here in Yorkshire has been mostly good, very mild for the time of year. Today was sunny and pleasant, perfect weather for walking and made me so wish I had the energy for even a short walk! This winter we've had no snow worth a mention, but I'm sure it will arrive soon as I don't ever remember a winter without at least one heavy snowfall brrr brrr!

Lulu, so pleased you and your dau had a lovely day together. I love after eights, also mint aero. We had choc in the house but not mint choc, so I sucked a murray mint whilst eating milk choc........didn't really do the trick, and made me feel disgusting! Then, to disgust myself more I ate half a bag of licquorice allsorts, and washed it all down with lucozade. Oh dear, is it any wonder I've put on over a stone?

Clare, lovely to hear you sounding more upbeat, and pleased your tastebuds have made a comeback. Your night out sounds like it was a huge success, 5 plates of Chinese food which you could taste, wow! I do like a good panto, pleased you had a laugh. I was watching a TV prog about Les Dawson earlier and it reminded me of seeing him years ago in panto, which was so funny. My tastebuds are a little better too, I enjoyed my dinner today - first time since last Tax. My OH is making a pork casserole with mushrooms, green pepper and onions cooked in beer tomorrow, and my mouth is watering just thinking about it, the pleasure we get from food when we can taste it eh?

Congratulations Pat on reaching the end of chemo, it's a super feeling isn't it? When will you start rads? Hope your taste buds don't desert you for long, and wishing you teeny S'E's.

Teresa, sorry to hear you're suffering - what a bummer! I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. Do you have some strong painkillers?

Hope to catch up with everyone later.

Take care.

Libby x

keepthefaith

Trials and tribulations indeed! Look at us all!

I am feeling like an old woman today. I'm on day 12 post-FEC and yesterday started with aches and pains in my legs and hips - I'd heard of this as a Tax SE but not FEC - anyone else got the same? It's not the GCSF, as I was fine on the first 5 days of the injections 🙂

Glad you are feeling better, Clare

Pat - I really hate that burnt tongue feeling, I've still got it this time round hoping it'll go soon.

Teresa xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Port out - yippee - still a bit sore but OK. If anyone else is getting an expandable implant I can tell you having the port out isn't half as bad as having the drains out after Mx although they do furtle around for longer(and for those of you waiting for Mx... don't let that put you off!)

And my rads planning appointment (CT scan and tattoo) has come through for Thursday and I'll get the real appointments made then.

Well done everyone for getting through their personal trials and tribulations of the past few days...

Sue

Patlufc

Afternoon all.

Clare, glad your taste buds are back & you enjoyed your chinese. I was very jealous(can't seem to spell today). Had my last swamp juice so my taste buds are about to go for a week. My tongue feels like I've burnt it. Good luck for friday.

Hope every one else is doing ok.

Pat xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Just a quick one. I feel great today, my beautiful tastebuds came back to me and i devoured 5 plates of chinese food and we thoroughly enjoyed the adult panto which was hilarious, i do love a bit of smut! Such a wonderful evening after a rotten two weeks im a happy girl!

Im off in to town now to get new shoes for last poisoning on friday and a big fat Burger King 🐵

Love to all x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Clare
Glad you had a better day. Hope it lasts for you. Enjoy your Chinese

Lizzy
Well done for your week at work. I couldnt do work on my treatment so feel very inadequate. Still not back and rads finished in Nov!!
So good on you.

Lulu
Ihave just opened some turkish delight after reading your post!!
Hope the mints are nice! Had a good sleep. Managed to sleep until 9 then woke for the loo and went back until 11.45 so feel good today.

hope you all have a good weekend

maj x

Lulu34

Libby hope your having a better wobbly-free day today... Think the supermarket is enough to give anybody a wobbly at the best of times.

But sometimes our OHs just don't seem to get it.... I often hear people say he/she knows how I feel but maybe they don't sometimes you have to just say... This is what it's like for me now what is it like for you? Anyway I'm glad you had a better evening.

Clare your Chinese sounds yummy... My oh is thinking of getting a take away tonight either Chinese or curry but not sure if it would be wasted on my 1% operational taste bud! But something yummy and tasty does sound good.

Currently feasting on after eights... Sponge bob square mint!

Enjoy your panto.

Lizzy I don't get herceptin but have never made it off the Chemo ward in less than six hours yet! LOL... Not surprised your exhausted after running I get exhausted sitting up from lying down... Good luck on we'd and hope you have a lovely evening.

Maj hope you got a decent sleep.

Lulu xxx

Lizzy1977

Hi ladies

well I managed a week at work but now feel exhausted. I also went running which probably didn't help. I'm going to see a friend this evening so hope I stay awake!

I'm having my 5th chemo on Wednesday. As I'm starting Herceptin too I apparently have to be there for 6 hours!

Lizzyxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello pj posse

Im feeling great today after a fab nights sleep (thanks to a little sleeping pill) energy levels still bit low and tire very quickly but using that as an excuse to be very lazy ;o) Tastebuds are a little better but still not 100% Am off out for a chinese later so am hoping i can taste the many duck pancakes. Then we off to adult panto so looking forward to a few belly laughs

Libby - i wonder if your wobbly was down to TAX, i felt very irritable and ranty like i had a raging beast inside me but then it passes. Just gotta go with it me thinks, im sure oh understands x

Hope everyone is ok and having a peaceful weekend
Clare x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hope all goes well for H.

Going to try again to get some sleep

Nite nite ladies 🙂

Maj x

Lulu34

Hi Libby

Me and daughter had a Girly day in not a Girly day out.... But we had a good time chatting and giggles and watched telly.

Maj the photo was from an article in the paper last April when I was chosen to be a model in the BCC glasgow fashion show so they gave me mum and H a make over.... Was pretty good fun although we were all dreading it... But it's good to have nice pics like this.... H has her referral letter in from genetics so has to make an appointment in the next few weeks to discuss getting tested.

Night night lovely lassies

Lulu xx

libsue

Oh yes, definitely Teresa, we have all gained strength from each other and long may it continue.

Congratulations Pat on finishing chemo, another hurdle jumped for you, I hope your S/E's are mini ones. So Rad's next, let me know how it goes as I'll be having Rad's at Bexley around Mar/April time.

Sue, got your Rad's appointments yet? Pleased to hear you have holiday to look forward to, should be an uplift.

Hope you are sleeping better Clare? How are your taste buds?

Lulu, so sorry to hear of your friend's funeral, how sad. Did you and H have your girls day out? As you say the worry will have been the cause of her irrational spending spree, poor kid. Can some things she bought be returned? I hope you did manage a day together and have a giggle, it would have been a tonic for you both.

Well, today has been odd to say the least. I had a wobbly in Asda, felt disorientated .... perhaps because I've not been in a shop in weeks! I'm normally a together person but 'lost it' and raised my voice accusing OH of spoiling my enjoyment by trying to rush me, I had totally misunderstood him, I felt he was breathing down my neck, infact he was just checking I was OK as I'd complained earlier of my lack of mobility. I accused him of being selfish and spoiling my fun by not allowing me to wander around the store on my own. First time I've had a wobbly throughout my treatment. Perhaps I should have had one before as, and I can't explain this, but later had an afternoon nap, woke up, had evening meal and my sense of humour and a certain tranquility had returned. I've almost felt like the real me since waking, and I'm hoping my outburst kicked something into place which is going to stay with me, maybe I will have a relapse but at least I now know the real me is still around. OH and I had a lovely relaxed dinner and lots of laughs, it was so good. I'll see what tomorrow brings.

It's very quiet here at the moment, I hope everyone's OK?

Looking forward to hearing what you've all been up to.

Libby x

Guest user
Not applicable

Lulu

Just read the article. It is very good. Lovely pic of your family. Good that your daughter is having test. It must have been hard for you both as i feel it is her decision to make.Good luck to you both.

Going to try to sleep now. Had a go earlier but it didnt work. Had some tea & chocce bics to pass the time (comfort food)

Nite Nite

Maj x

Good lick to all on this thread

Lulu34

Teresa I think thats a grea idea.... This is one of my fave threads and love keeping up with you all.

This was the article in the paper.... Hopefully won't be deleted as the paper is the sponsor of the fashion show....
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/health-news/2012/01/18/dna-forecasts-can-predict-the-future-of-you... Libby I am pleased Hannah is considering testing.... Before now she has always said no but think since this cancer it has definitely changed her mind about things.... And probably had something to do with her manic spending spree.... Think we are gonna have a girly day tomorrow and. Though everything she ha bought and she can make some decisions on what to do with it.

Clare not surprised your having problems sleeping with everything going on right now your head must be mush.

Sue good luck with the port I hope it's not too problematic coming out.

And Pat good luck too with your final swamping and your upcoming rads.

Maj not done any bedroom rearranging at the mo... Maybe just need to lie on the floor if I want a signal lol!

Swamping no 5 went ok today but was a long day as the machines kept breaking so after pump no 3 we eventually got going.... 6 hours later I was free to go home.... And I had the weirdest hospital sandwich ever... Cream cheese and apple! don't think I'll be having that the next time.... Maybe it's a bit of an economy drive! Met the lovely Gail from the November thread but she hardly got a word in.... I do talk a lot! She had her first tax today so hope she is getting on ok.

Iv been having some ongoing rib pain which BCN wanted me to get checked out on the Chemo ward today as I'd had a neg bone scan in aug and chest xray in Dec so the onc reg checked them over and was happy... I wasn't very bothered as think it's where I broke my ribs skiing 12 years ao which is being irritated by the tax and the gcsf... I'm due to get a chest CT next month to look at where my previous rads were in comparison to new tumour so I have to mention it to clinical onc who can check the area on that area too when she is deciding if I can get more rads.

My friend Elaine (veggiebab) is havin her funeral tomorrow in brum... Wish I could be their to say goodbye but I'll be thinking of her and send much love to her hubby Gray and all her friends and family and especially all her BC and BRCA friends.

Heading for bed shortly.
Nanite xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All

I sympathise with the sleep issues, i too am struggling to get a full night sleep, i have real trouble dropping off and then i seem to wake every couple of hours - annoying!

Went back to work today, was a bit of a ghost town as most went to look at the new site in case some decide to relocate/commute if an alternative role can be offered. Not an option for me, its 71 miles away.

So very tired today. Hugs to all x

Guest user
Not applicable

Agreed Teresa!
My implant port comes out tomorrow - I think my friends are already missing having the opportunity to make "pumping up" remarks (only nice jokey ones, nothing snide you understand). Slightly worried as they do it under a local - hope the anaesthetic works - you should have heard me winge when my drains came out - ugh!

Still waiting for letter re rads appointments - but onc told me to ring if I haven't heard by Monday - and I will. Its only 3 weeks of rads - so just like one chemo cycle - I guess it will come & go quickly enough.

Have booked a holiday in May - a week in North West Scotland - my first holiday since April last year - can't wait!

Good to see you're back Lulu

Sleep - I dream of sleep

Patlufc

Afternoon all, hope you are all ok and not suffering to much.

Last swamp juice tomorrow YIPEEEEEE. Saw the onc Reg on monday about my radiotherapy, which should start arround the 13th Feb. She also prescribed me some other anti sick meds for tomorrow. Could have hugged her, hope they work.

Take care all

Pat x

keepthefaith

As we all finish treatment and go on to our various "next steps" of radiotherapy, surgery or what have you, I assume we will all keep on touch here over the coming months even though this is theoretically a "chemo" thread!? Agreed?

Hope you got some sleep in the end, Simone... I have the odd temazepam when there's a night like that, works wonders.. zzzzz . From someone who never normally takes anything other than paracetamol, that's quite something!

Teresa xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Lulu

Good luck with re-arranging the bedroom!!

Going to try to sleep now

nite nite all & good luck to everyone on treatment tomorrow

Maj xx

libsue

I've just read the article Lulu. You sound so brave, you must be pleased your dau has at last decided to have the gene test done. What a lovely photo of the three of you. Good luck to you all. xxx

Lulu34

Maj
Nope didn't have to pay..... It's just the modems they are using now.... My signal kept dropping and keeps trying to get my dad to look up the website to see if whe had down time which we didn't and I'd phone the help desk and every time they sent a signal to the modem it had started workin again.... Been on the phone off and on for months about it... But last time there was no signal and it never rectified itself so must have just died completely.... So I needed a new modem I didn't get an option even though he could see I had my own router. They only replaced faulty ones with the new one.... It's def no worse than my old one though... Might just need to rearrange my bedroom so I can get a good signal lol

Libby the article was good was about Fiona philips having a dementia gene test and another lady having a fertility mot gene test to have a child, since new findings have come out about a gene showing what age we are likely to die at! It was the same paper involved in when I was involved in the BCC fashion show.... So not sure seeing it's their partner in ten fashion show if I can post the link.

Hope your hubby gets on ok with his scope and your daughter doesn't knacker herself with all her running back and forth.

Lulu

libsue

Simone, have you tried a mallet, lol. Alternatively, do a few press-ups, star jumps, sit ups, cart wheels ..........oh if only eh? Know how you feel, I seem to switch from either over sleeping (depending on week of chemo cycle) or total insomnia, neither is ideal. When will we back to normal, will we back to normal, what is normal? Hey ho! a better life MUST be round the corner me thinks.

Good to see you back Lulu. Hope chemo goes OK tomorrow and then only one more, yeah. You're then on the home straight. The bl**dy press eh, misquoting you? Other than the misquote are you happy with their report?

Sue, hope your Rad's appointments are arranged soon, how many are you having? It must feel great to be three weeks post last chemo.

I've had another boring day, sleep, bath, eat, clean teeth, shower, sleep, eat, clean teeth ..........and on and on. No concentration to read a book, so watched boring TV. I want my life back! OH in Hospital tomorrow for colonoscopy, in and out in the day. My poor younger dau will be playing nurse to two of us, she has the day off work as she has builders in her place fitting a new front door and a few other little things. She'll organise the builders, take dad to Hospital, call here, go back to builders, collect dad, back home, back here. A full day for her. Bet she can't wait to go back to work Friday for a rest. Oh and my washing machines not working properly, I don't think it's serious, but won't know till Fri/Sat when hubby is able to pull it out, I think (hope) it's a kinked outlet pipe, or blocked filter, normally I'm pretty good at sorting minor washing machine problems, but don't have the strength just now.

Keep your peckers up everyone, we're all moving forward, and things can only get better, yes, we sometimes feel cr*p but it WILL pass.

Take care all, big hugs.

Libby xx

Guest user
Not applicable

hi Lulu,

thats a shame i would much rather be able to use it in bed than the bath!!

Didn't know they were doing that. I think if they offer it i might decline. did you have to pay?

maj

Lulu34

Hi maj

It's virgin I'm with too and I had a separate router and modem but now virgin replace their modems with a combined wifi/modem..... The guy thought it might work better in my room but thinks it's more liekl to be a black spot as it works else where upstairs like when I'm in the bath but not in my bed.... I know where I'd prefer to be using it! Lol

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Lulu,

Good luck 2moro. Hope all goes well.

On the internet side do you have a wireless router? We are with Virgin also and had a few issues with internet upstaors until we got a new router. it has been brill

Thanks for all your advice and help

Maj x

Lulu34

Hi octoberoonies

My Internet had been broken but now got a new modem and wifi from the lovely people at virgin so hopefully that's me back to normal.... Still can't get a good signal in my bedroom though which is a bummer.

Clare really sorry to hear about your redundancy... Pants timing.... My BF was made redunt a year ago... They were informed in may 10 then most went in June, however he wasn't actually made redundant until 31st of Dec.... So even though it was meant to be within the month for him and several others it was over 6 months!

Sue glad your three weeks down the line now and hope that things will start improving for you now your not getting any more swamp juicing.

Well done simone, Libby and anybody else finished or finishing Chemo.

Judy I'm in for no 5 tomorrow too..... Then only one more after that.... Yippee!! Theresa glad you have no 5 over with just hope you start picking up.... I'm finding that I'm getting more and more tired and crap with each one.

Was it you asking about fill clearance? I had wle and SNB with cancer no 1 and 2, needed a re excision for unclear margins with no1, no nodes involved with either of those cancers.

But when I got number three they removed my interpectoral nodes 2 out of 2 had cancer.... And had a level two aux clearance again node neg.... My cancer is obviously trying to escapee from my breast by a different route altogether... Only about 1 in 1000 get breast cancer in the IPLNs, and not everybody even as them!

Simone hope you can get some sleep soon.... No idea how many hours I get but don't think I have had 8 in a row for about 10 years lol

Good luck to all you lovely ladies having surgery or rads soon too... On to the next step in the journey! It will soon only be a distant memory.

Oh and I was in the paper today after my wee interview last week about being a gene carrier.... But I was miss quoted... It's says about having a mastectomy " for me it's too late" I actually said "for me it's MAYBE too late".... Not very pleasant to read that iv been written off lol... Bet maybe was one word too long to fit on the page lol

As you can see my steroids today have me on my toes and and I'm eating for Scotland.... I love minty things... Not just mints cos they are too nippy but minty choc and was getting very fed up with tesco who were only stocking kitskats as their minty biscuit of choice... But went to asda yest and got minty viscounts, penguins, echoes and clubs... Yummy yummy! But I have already eaten at least 2 of each already... What a little hoglette I am!

Anyway love and hugs from me.... Won't be on prob till tomorrow evening after being swamped!

Lxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

I want 8 hours sleeeeeeeeeep!!!!!! Rant over, thanks xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Well today is the start of the unknown... it is three weeks since my last chemo session and that was the last one - Ok I know it may not be all plain sailing, my eyebrows might finally give up on me, my nails might come off - but on the plus side I might get a good night's sleep soon! Or maybe not as I am desperate for my rads appointment dates to come through so I can look beyond them to a period of "normality"
Hey ho will keep checking in on you ladies to see how things are.

Hope all your side effects are diminishing

Sue

libsue

Oh dear Clare, sorry to hear of your redundancy, fingers crossed you are offered a really good leaving package. Pleased you are feeling a little better re S/E's. Lots of hugs xx

Teresa, your op's just after mine, I can't wait for it to be over. A break will do you the world of good, lovely for you to get away together as a family.

Lizzy, I know how you've been looking forward to a hol, hope you get dates sorted soon to enable you to book something, enjoy choosing where to go, it's part of the fun.

Simone, High 5 back, it was a great feeling wasn't it? No more swamp juice! I too have really suffered this cycle with S/E's, perhaps it's a cumulative effect.

Judy, I hope you don't suffer too much after Thurs chemo, best of luck.

Had my last jab tonight, so maybe I'll start to feel more human soon, I haven't been outdoors since last Thurs. My days have been spent in PJ's, had a 5 min mini breakdown this evening but gave myself a talking to and soon came round.

Lulu hasn't been posting for a while, hope she's OK.

Thanks everyone for your best wishes re my op.

Take care all,

Libby xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Team October,

I am so jealous but delighted at the same time that so many of you have finished or just about to finish Chemo - I was obviously a late starter!!

Clare - really sorry that you have felt so pants and the double wammy of redundancy - my advice is make sure they follow the correct procedures/consultancy procedures, it has been known that some of the big boys have got it wrong.

The comments about going to work have been interesting and I have struggled to put a suit on even though I'm meant to be hard arsed Recruitment Director and boy the tiredness has spanked me. In for a few hours and then home and on the sofa chucking Z's at the ceiling!!!!

This Thursday for No.5 Swamp Juice and then a week of the dark side and turning into a night creature. (wish it was my sixth one!!!!)

Good look to all you ladies that are about to have ops and have finished Chemo - keep on posting as you are all motivational to the October Crew.

Hugs to all.

Judy
xxxx