1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting Chemo in October

Lulu34

Re: Starting Chemo in October

Hi Libby my friend is Bev and she used to post on these forums and im sure shes on the fb group too and she's doing fine cancer wise.

Simone have a fab weekend

keepthefaith

Hi Libby,sorry that you now have this new worry hanging over you - let's hope it can be treated with some hormone therapy as your onc suggested. This BC thing is certainly a roller coaster - try and relax if you can, and have a good weekend x

libsue

Hi Lulu,

How is your friend now? I must admit to being concerned as so little is known about MBC.

Have a wonderful break, Simone.

Happy weekend to everyone.

Libby x

keepthefaith

Hope you are having a fab weekend in Plymouth, Simone - enjoy! A long journey for you - take it easy 😉

Guest user
Not applicable

Hey Ladies, not going to be around until next Tuesday after today, as I'm absconding to Plymouth for a long weekend break with the added bonus of seeing my cousin, his wife and his 2 baby daughters, 1 of which I will be meeting for the first time, very giddy when there's a new member of the family, will be getting some serious baby cousin squeezes in.

Hope you all have a restful weekend, with minimum se's and I'll catch up with you all next week.

Loadsa girly hugs, Simone xxx

Lulu34

Libby one of my good friends had metaplastic BC in 2009.... I'm sure there were some posts about this ill see if I can find it and I know there is a Facebook group too... If I can find anything else I'll post it xxx
Good news about your margins and the possible help from hormones though.

Lxx

libsue

Hi all,

I received both good news and confusing news yesterday. My appointment with Breast Surgeon following WLE disclosed - my tissue margins were clear, fantastic, no further surgery and can move on to rad's in about six weeks time. The confusing news was the pathology report from my tumour which showed my tumour was metaplastic, I had never heard of this word before, apparently it's a very rare type of BC, less than 1% of BC patients have this type of tumour. Also, my original diagnosis was TN but this has changed slightly to ER 0/8, PR 4/8, HER2 neg, following this new info I may benefit from hormone tablets, I'm now awaiting an appointment with my Onc for a better explanation. My Breast Surgeon said not to worry regarding the metaplastic type tumour, and I am trying not to, but it's easier said than done particularly as very little research has been carried out metaplastic BC.

Clare, I'm sorry I missed your birthday but was happy to read you enjoyed wine and choc's. Pleased you had a lovely time at Luton Hoo, it sounded super. x

Simone, pleased you are feeling better, I think we can all relate to a wobbly day, I certainly can. x

Lizzy, how exciting you'll soon be packing your suitcase.x

Teresa, hope you are more comfortable now after the draining. Good to hear you're thinking about hol's as getting away is the best tonic. x

Pat, congrat's on finishing Rad's, I hope your sore boob clears up soon. You can now look to the future and getting on with life. Zumba sounds good fun. x

I hope everyone is well and not suffering bad pain or S/E's.

Take good care ladies.

Love to all.

Libby xxx

Lulu34

Congrats for finishing the zapping pat.

Glad you enjoyed your birthday Clare

Theresa glad ou ave been drained and had a nice chat at the same time

Love and hugs to Lizzy, simone, Libby and all

Lxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks for the birthday wishes 🐵 I did have a large glass of wine and a big bag of giant buttons last night to celebrate

Simone - glad you feeling better now

Lizzy - oooo holiday countdown yay

Teresa - glad hosp visit was non traumatic. yay to booking holiday. Ive got a few breaks planned this year but not all booked yet, be so nice to get away after all this wont it

Pat - high five to last zap today! Dont envy the zumba, i started doing that last year (before diagnosis) and enjoyed it but pulled a muscle in my back ouchy hope you take it easy to start with

Well ive done 7 days of 15 rads so practically half way there, not having any problems but the hour long journey and waiting around is getting boring!

Hugs to all x

Patlufc

Morning all.

Happy belated birthday Clare x

Last zapping today yayyyyyyyy. Under my boob is very sore and a couple of broken areas (which I'm told is normal). Started zumba classes last week which is a hard workout but a good laugh

Hope everyone else is doing ok.

Pat x

keepthefaith

Happy Birthday Clare!!

Like the idea of the wig and sign, Simone - it's worth a thought!

Thanks Lizzy, hospital was nice today actually as I had the fluid behind my wound syringed off, which didn't hurt, but also bumped into my consultant BS and lovely fave BCN, and we just had a girly chat while I was being syringed, somewhat surreal!

Have booked half of our summer holiday! Hooray!

Teresa xx

Lizzy1977

Hi ladies

Happy birthday Clare! I hope you can celebrate properly at the weekend

Simone, glad you're feeling better but it's ok to have a wobble now and then.

Teresa, Sorry to hear you're having a bad time. I hope things have gone ok for you at the hospital today and your wound is healing nicely.

Libby...yes I am on holiday count down. Just two and a half weeks left at work. I hope your tummy bug has cleared up now.

I better get back to work as I off tomorrow...hospital again.
Take care ladies
Lizzyxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hey Ladies

Well I appear to have got over yesterday!!! I was really shocked at feeling sooooo emotional as I'm just not that person! Definitely feel better today though after speaking to BC nurse and I think I might have to get used to these weebles wobble moments, but like a weeble I refuse to fall down!!! heehee!

Teresa, you're probably right and it was obviously building up unknown to me! So sorry you're struggling at the moment. I think you should get yourself a long ginger wig, change your name to Lauren and make yourself a little placard with "I AIN'T BOVVERED!!" written on it, then you don't even have to speak to whoever or whatever is bugging you, just flash them the sign!!!! Sending you gentle post op ((hugs)) xx

Clare, Happy Birthday. Glad you had a good weekend and hope this coming weekend is even better for you xx

Minimal se's to everyone, Simone xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Ladies

I had lovely weekend at luton hoo enjoyed being waited on and afternoon tea was delightful. Although company could have been better as my mum did nothing but whinge and moan about trivial things and go on about how crap her life is....er hello!

Big hugs to you simone, hope you feel better for the release, its sometimes good to have a good cry x

Teresa - glad op went well but sorry you feeling a bit down about everything, just go with it, hopefully you will get your cheery mojo back soon i know it hard to stay up there all the time, hugs x

Its my birthday today and had lots of lovely messages and texts so have felt the love today and has put a smile on my face 🐵 Shame i have to go get zapped tho but ho hum, will celebrate properly at the weekend

Hope everyone else is ok x

keepthefaith

Hey Simone, had an emotional day myself yesterday, lots of blubbing! I am not surprised you had a bit of a meltdown, you really are normally so upbeat and jokey - sometimes it is difficult to maintain that and actually, it's probably been good for you to release some of that tension you were obviously holding inside - so sending you big hugs and hoping it has helped for you to do that!

I am struggling after the op, wound healing and everything but just feeling so damn tired and unenthusiastic about anything - can't be bothered! Back up to the hospital today for wound check as I have some fluid build up - I am getting so sick of hospitals!

Love to all (sorry to not address everyone individually, but just too tired to check who I have missed.....)!!

Teresa xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hey Ladies, wow had a really weird moment at work today! My manager asked me for a private chat today to see how I was doing and before I knew what was happening I was bawling my eyes out!!!!! I'm hoping it's the combination of a burnt boob and the tamoxifen, either that or I've just become the world's biggest cry baby! aaaaaagghh! I don't do crying or emotional break downs so it really was a shock to my system, I was then opening my mouth and telling her that I might have to rethink my whole career if I can't remember what I'm supposed to be doing and struggling with words when in a training situation, where that came from I don't know!!!

Oh well tomorrow's another day!! who knows by then I might have stopped looking at shares in Kleenex!!!

Clare, hope afternoon tea was good as well as the stopover with champers xx

Teresa and Judy hope you're doing okay xx

Libby, good to hear you're doing okay too xx

I hope there's nothing sad on tv tonight, I could end up one blubbering mess!!!

Gentle ((hugs)) to all, Simone xxx

libsue

Judy and Teresa, good to hear you are both feeling OK after Thursday's op and I hope you fully recover soon. My op was the week before yours and I am almost back to normal, I have nearly full use of my arm and only a little niggly pain from my incision, hopefully you'll both be the same. Isn't it great for the op to be over and done with?

Lulu, good luck with your first rads on Monday, how many are you having? I hope you don't have to travel far for them.

Clare, your weekend sounds lovely. Afternoon tea - very sophisticated, I'm sure you'll love the experience. I'm pleased to hear work is going down well, is it good to be mixing with workmates again?

Simone, I'm jealous! We both finished chemo on the same day but my hair isn't sprouting as much as yours. Mine is a strange look, still almost bald on top but it's about an inch long at the sides, and all grey, yikes! Yours is looking great.

Lizzy, my fingers and feet are still numb and tingly too, and my eyes are itchy and watery, I wonder when these S/E's will clear up! Good to hear work is OK and the time is passing quickly, I hope you are getting lots of rest during the evening. Not long mow to your holiday, bet you are counting down the days!

I'm still feeling a little weak after my tummy bug but so much better than a couple of days ago.

Have a lovely day tomorrow everyone.

I hope you are all well.

Libby xx

Lizzy1977

Hi ladies

I've not been on here for over a week so sorry I've not kept up with you all. I went back to work on Monday and so far so good. I'm pretty tired by 5pm most days but otherwise it seems to be going ok. My eyes are still constantly watering though so my eyes are red and puffy. I swear people must think I'm crying all the time! I've still got tingly/numb fingers and my nails are horrid but I guess they will get better eventually. I'm just down to Herceptin now and will have that on Wednesday, just 30 minutes this time and I start my Tamoxifen on Monday (I've got them but I wanted a few more says pill free)

Teresa and Judy, glad you've now had your ops and feeling ok.

Clare, good to hear you're back at work too and your rads are underway. I know what you mean about time going quicker. This week has flown by. I'm now on count down to my holiday. Hope you have a good time with your Mum

Simone, good news about the hair 🙂

Lulu, good luck for your rads on Monday

Libby, hope you're feeling better

Hope the rest of the gang is ok.

Lizzyxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Welcome back Judy & Teresa - another box ticked on the "to do" list!

Hope you both have a good recovery... onwards and upwards!

Sue

keepthefaith

Hi all
Got back yesterday from op, like judy quite sore but not awful. The drain was not too bad when it came out. The scar across my chest is very neat and of course strange to look at, but actually the overwhelming feeling now is relief to have got through another stage. Rads have been put back now to 9th april so i have plenty of time to recover. Glad you are feeling ok judy too, dont overdo it and rest plenty.

My hair is/was growing back quite well, but seems to be falling out (now 4 wks since last chemo) still so i am just hoping it doesnt All go!

Longer note next time

Teresa xx

Guest user
Not applicable

October Ladieeees,

Back at home and made it through the op, lumpectomy, couple of nodes removed from armpit and port removed. Feeling a bit battered and sore but all in all OK.

Teresa hope everything is Ok with you op - thinking about you.

Thanks to all the ladies and your kind words it does make a difference.

Longer catch up next time.

Judy
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oooo Simone thanks thats quite reassuring news on the hair front, hopefully mine will start sprouting soon 🐵 and yes i am def doing the hokey kokey in bed with the quilt lol

Thanks lulu i hope flushes settle soon but compared to what we've put up i guess its not too bad

Im enjoying being back at work for mornings only, its helps the time to go quicker i cant believe ive done a week of rads already woohoo two more weeks and im done yay!

Im off to Luton Hoo tomorrow with my mum for 'afternoon tea' hehe get me, better take the wig i suppose its a bit posh! Staying in one of the luxury rooms and my mums got some champers so quite looking forward to it really (long as my mum dont pee me off lol)

Hope you all have a lovely weekend x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hey Octoberoonies, don't like to brag but I appear to be rocking a Sinead O'Connor look rather than a Matt Lucas look, woohoo! Got to be honest though, it's now weird to have hair!!!!!! Finished my chemo on 12th Jan, so 6 weeks on and I am seeing results, sadly those results are also appearing under one armpit, one upper lip, two legs and two nostrils!!

Boobwatch is going well. The girls were running wild and free last night, one complained it was a bit cold while the other was complaining it felt crumpled, scabby and hot!! Just goes to prove you can't please everyone all the time...... Still on the mend though!

Judy, Libby and Teresa, hope you're doing ok, gentle ((hugs)) xx

Clare, you playing the hokey kokey in bed, same as me on tamoxifen, left leg in left leg out, quilt up quilt down and shake the pillow about!!!! Hope work is going well, but not envying your travelling time! I often forget I can't do stairs the speed I used to and then get to the top sounding like I've just run a marathon, madness! Hope your energy levels are improving xx

Lulu, hope you have good weekend before Monday rads xx

Hope you all have a lovely weekend, with minimal se's and lots of treats, Simone xxx

Lulu34

Clare I think hair grows about 1cm a month but can take a wee while after chemo to get started again and hair grows in cycles so it might all be at different stages.

Glad rads are going well..... Hope the hot flushes settle in time on tamox mine did after a few months.

Lxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello Ladies

Just a quick one from me.....so tired! Ive started back to work mornings only and then rads in the afternoon (35 miles away) so had a long couple of days. Rads going well though so far so good.

Teresa & Judy - Dont know if you will see this now before tomorrow but wishing you lots of luck for your ops, hugs xx

Someone tell me what is the norm for hair starting to come back, i am nearly 5 weeks past last chemo and still only have a scattering of fluff, im getting impatient....so sick of looking at my scalp!!

Having mild flushes on tamoxifen...no likey!

Apart from that im feeling great and energy levels getting a bit better however still struggle with stairs

Hope everyone else is ok, hugs to all x

Lulu34

Just wanting to say good luck to Teresa and judy for tomorrow hope your ops go well.

Judy I had surgery before chemo so will be starting rads on Monday.

Sue yay for eyebrows.... Mine never went completely but have thinned but still lost a couple more this week but think things will be growing back soon as tomorrow is no-chemo day so might have a wee glass of wine to celebrate.

Take Libby, simone and all

Lulu xxxx

keepthefaith

True, I keep telling myself rather a boob than an arm or a leg, but I suppose it is the psychological impact that is more worrying than the physical!

Thanks everyone for your well-wishes, I'll be back on in a few days, let you know how I am. I'm still very nervous and apprehensive!

Teresa xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck Judy & Teresa - it won't be as bad as you think (honest!)- and at risk of you banishing me to the "well meaning things people say, that aren't helpful" bench, I do think there are worse things that can happen in this world and we are lucky to live the lives we do.

OK I confess sometimes I've forgotten that recently... but looking back on the last six months for me, still think it's true.

Will be thinking of you both tomorrow

Sue

PS anybody proposed today?

libsue

A short and sweet message as not feeling well, I have a tummy upset which has drained me.

Just popped on to wish Judy and Teresa the best of luck for Thurs. I was nervous before my op last week but it went well and was over and done with in no time, you'll both be fine and home before you know it. Try not to overly worry. xx

Hugs to everyone, I'll drop by when feeling better.

Libby x

Guest user
Not applicable

Simone and girlies,

Good luck Thursday and yes, Lumpectomy + ANC - I could think of better things I'd rather be doing but I suppose I better show my face in the operating theatre!!!!

Just noticed my legs are becoming Spikey, this seems so unfair as it was the last hair to go and the first to come back!!! Eyebrows are still sparse but if the legs are anything to go by then I will need a strimmer in a month or so!!!!

Next check in after op.

Judy
xxxx

keepthefaith

OMG!! Getting increasingly nervous, but trying not to. Had a bit of a blub on the phone to a friend earlier when I was telling her what a good friend she has been to me through all this! Thursday is going to be horrid. Good luck with your lumpectomy, Judy are you having ANC like me too?

Horray for the eyebrows, Sue!

Well done Simone!

Love to all
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Eyebrows are back!!!
Its all happened so fast, they need to grow a bit more - and then need "sorting" but they seem to have grown through the weekend and pushed out the remaining few long ones. Colour looks a bit odd at the moment - sort of old tarmac grey.

Sadly, underarm hair seems to have revitalised at the same time - even the radiotherapy zapped areas. Could have come a cropper this morning as wore a very short sleeved top to work without thinking about my new hairiness - luckily didn't need to take my cardy off!

Today's dance was a long one - the Peter Kay Children in Need animated medly DVD from a couple of years ago - I was a bit knackered at the end and although the overall effect was positive, it still made me let out sa little blub at the end when it goes into "One Day Like This" - but it was a "glad to be alive" blub so I think that's OK.

Goodluck surgery ladies, sore ladies and knackered ladies

Sue

Guest user
Not applicable

Octoberieees,

Sorry been a bit quiet but after finishing Chemo went on a bit of a mission, charged into work last week and thought I was invincible - oops by Friday I was flat out on the Sofa.

This Thursday is the Lumpectomy so just a little nervous but really just want it over and done with so can move on to rads.

Simone - Fantastic news the road to freedom stretches long and far and if I dare say I'm a little jealous but I'm snapping at your heels!!!!

Saskia - I know you're having a tough time and we have all had days when its tough but the good days do come and each day is closer to health and freedom. The ladies on here were always great when I was feeling down and we are with you

Libby - Hope you feel better soon.

Lulu - I'm not sure but I think we are running parallel so good luck with ops/rads.

Clare - lol at the pretending to be topless sunbathing, I'm going to adopt that when my zapping comes - brilliant

Sue - keep on dancing!!!

Teresa - It's great to hear that you had a good time in Cornwall and a break is such great therapy.

Caren - Good luck with the Chemo it's a journey to freedom with a few bumps.

Hugs to all

Judy
xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Laaaaadies, Forgive my self indulgence, but here comes a gush! Radiotherapy Done!!!!!!!! Would it be too crass to say Yee bl**dy haaaah, oops too late it's out there!!! There's also a moment of busting some moves going on with that shout out to myself, heehee! No need for glo sticks!!! The poor radiotherapy team were trying to tell me that I might struggle a little with no longer having to go to hospital daily and if I felt the need I could ring them. I thanked them for the information and smiled nicely, whilst inwardly thinking "No offence people but if I never clap eyes on your team again....... etc etc, even if one of you does like a bit of Dolly!" Wrong I know, as they have been very caring and fabulous, but couldn't help that thought!!

Libby, hope you're feeling a little better, go easy on yourself xx

Saskia, likewise give yourself a break there's nothing wrong in feeling gloomy, sometimes it's just what you need to be so you can appreciate the good days xx

Sue, loving the dance-a-day, may have to comandeer that option. xx

Caren, good luck with your Chemo, wishing you minimal se's xx

Teresa, glad Cornwall jollies were brill. Will be thinking of you Thursday xx

Clare, hope that soak gets here for you soon xx

Well me and my smugness are off to celebrate with a curry, and I promise normal humility will resume shortly!!!!!

Big hugs to you all, Simone xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening pj posse

I had my first zappings today. Was all fine just very weird being half naked in front of so many people. I have to go on two machines so have to go through the embarassment twice. I just shut my eyes and tried to pretend i was sunbathing topless, could have beleived it if it werent so blooming cold in there!

Im a little concerned im still getting pain where my line came out and is still bleeding and weeping so having to change dressing every day......my luxurious soak in the bath still out of reach!

Teresa - glad you had a great break in cornwall, sounds like you had a lovely time, just what you needed before your op. Best of luck for thursday

Hugs to all x

keepthefaith

Great dancing idea, Alice - have been known to do the same, but funnily enough not much lately, this will have to be remedied!

Just back from Cornwall - getting the motorised wheelchair at Eden Project was fantastic - there was a lot of walking, and I would have been exhausted, this way I really enjoyed it. There was a bit of fun and games as I wheeled over dh and ds's feet at points - oops, didn't make me very popular! Also the weather at the weekend was lovely so we were really lucky, managed the 5 minute walk down to the local beach a couple of times too.

Mx and ANC for me on Thursday - am still a bit worried, Saskia the thought of it is horrible, but so many other ladies on here ahve done it, I'm only one more, and if they can do it, we can!! I have pondered a double, decided not to but the idea does have its advantages, doesn't it? Don't worry about whingeing, we all do it.

How is your recovery going now Libby? I can't say I blame you for begging to get out - I will do same, believe me I do not want to stay there more than one night!

Simone nearly finished! You aseem to be so far ahead of us all! Well done. In fact I should say you probably are finished by now - how does it feel?

Lizzy, am impressed with skiing holiday - you must be so fit! Great though to get away, even 3 days in Cornwall have recharged my batteries a lot!

Clare how are you doing? OK I hope, with all that form filling - hope they are kind to you.

Much love
Teresa xx

Care_N

lol Alice, just wanted to say I love your posts! I think the dancing will burn up far more calories than the hot flushes - I'm going to do this too - I don't know about every day, as I'm in the Starting Chemo in March gang, but whenever I can!
Thanks for making me laugh
Caren
x

Guest user
Not applicable

OH just said in surprised voice "you've lost your eyebrows - oh it's OK there's a bit left" - it really is true that he never listens to a word I say - perhaps I have been moaning too much and he's tuned it out - grrr.

Mind you two nights ago he said "your boobs are looking a bit pink" - me through gritted teeth "thats why earlier on I got you to pause the TV so I could put some cream on".

Just waiting for the next gaffe - perhaps he'll notice that my hair is looking a bit thin on top!

Anyway, I was really coming on to tell you about the new, positive, me... have decided to listen & dance to one cheery song every day - Friday was 500 miles (proclaimers), yesterday was One way or Another (I'm gonna getchya, getchya, getchya - Blondie - OK not cheery as such but I was thinking of getting rid of cancer at the time) and today Here Comes the Sun (Beatles). I can really recommend it!

Saskia - double Mx - you might have to jump through lots of hoops including sanity testing as they will tell you (unless you have the bad genes) that chance of second breast having BC is very low (I'm the exception that proves the rule) - a friend of mine who had MX about 2 yrs ago has been pushing for this for at least six months and has had to see all sorts of people. But I reckon from a cosmetic point of view it might be a good option - most people wouldn't notice if you were flat chested in most scenarios - and you could still have protheses if you decide you would rather have boobs.

tired1

Is there a York group out there? - I think I've seen York mentioned and I live Malton.

Lovely to see so many of you coming out of the end of chemo and even rads. Lucky you! I've still got mx, anc and rads to go so looking forward to a lovely summer.

Lizzie you are lucky to be going off to Austria. My 11 year old daughter went skiing last week with friends but fell badly and so had to send out 17 yo son to go and get her, so take care. But the spas will be so restorative. Had thought of going to spa in Harrogate when this is all over as I have enjoyed it in the past - but I will not be going topless this time!

Anyone have any thoughts on going for a double mastectomy and going completely flat-chested? A friend suggested it and although surgeon may not do it, it has sparked an interest - I don't want reconstruction anyway so sounds like a long-term sensible option.

Had last tax 2 1/2 weeks ago and am still getting new SEs. Eyes sore, quite breathless, palpitations and finger nails feeling fragile. Due Herceptin on Wednesday but GP booked me for a blood test in case anaemic - worried that I may need a transfusion as well as Herceptin - only have one hand that has good enough veins now.

Winge, winge. Lovely to read your positive posts - sorry mine are always gloomy. I think I log on when I'm worried about something.

Saskia

libsue

I can't sleep tonight, it's so annoying. I'm recovering well from my op, I still have some pain but not too bad and I'm getting movement back in my arm, however I still feel a bit dizzy.

Simone, I did laugh at you dancing along to Dolly Parton with the radiotherapist. Well done on nearly finishing Rads, must be a relief to know only one more trip to Jimmy's. I'm not looking forward to traipsing there each day when my turn comes.

Sue, I'm jealous of your eyebrows, mine are non existent by comparison. I'd be so happy if my brows and lashes came back, not too worried about my hair as I'm used to my wig and quite like it.

Clare, hope you are feeling somewhat better now, how's the taste buds? I hope you get a petrol grant for your rads trips, is your hospital a distance from home?

Lizzy, the Tax truck is awful isn't it? I hope you are now feeling more yourself. The Austrian spa town is a great idea, and hopefully you'll be able to enjoy some skiing and if tired have a massage and a laze around the pool, sounds ideal.

Lulu, you've been quiet, have you been out gallivanting? How did the celebrations go for OH's birthday? I hope you made it to lunch with the Glasgow girls yesterday.

I'm going to try and get some sleep, my tingly numb feet are what's keeping me awake as they are bad tonight.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone.

Hugs

Libby xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Yeehah, 14 zaps down and only 1 to go on Monday. Whilst I'm giddy about it, if my right nipple could talk I think it would say "are you effing kidding me, get that machine away from me"!!! Wow, today it would appear I have no filter!!! lol!

Clare, poor you, what a crappy time you're having, gentle ((hugs)). I received my macmillan grant the other day, I asked my BCN about it to help with petrol costs and she said that she would also suggest help with extra costs incurred with heating and electric. Was really chuffed when I got cheque through for £200, really has helped. My BCN said she's not aware of anyone not getting the grant, and I only had to wait about a week before it arrived. Good luck xx

Lizzy, hope you start to feel a little better day by day. I'm back at work now on a phased return, 9 am til 1 pm for next 8 weeks and then to be reviewed and maybe extended if I need it. Just try not to get caught up in work madness and ease yourself in gently, easier said than done but I got a bit carried away thinking I could do an extra hour here and there and ended up absolutely shattered!!! Austria jollie hollie's sounds fab, nice to have something to look forward to, have fun xx

Hope all you ladies have a lovely weekend, Simone xxx

Lizzy1977

Hi ladies, sorry I've been a bit quiet this week but have been hit by the final TAx truck. I think I'm coming out the other side. I spent most of Monday in hospital with a temperature but my bloods were ok so they let me go. My mouth is still horrid but hopefully it will improve by the weekend. I'm hoping to go back to work next week (need the money) so hope I won't be too tired.

Clare, glad you've had your line out but sounds painful, ouch! Good luck with your DLA app

Sue, my eyebrows are very spartan...I have to fill them in but can't be bothered most of the time

Simone,you always make me laugh...Dolly Parton!

Libby, glad the op went well. You are amazing. I had two nights in hospital after my MX. Gentle hugs

Teresa, hope you have a lovely break in Cornwall, you deserve it

I would love a meet up and Birmingham is good for me:)

I've finally booked my holiday. I've booked a ski holiday in Austria for the last week in March. It's in a resport which is a spa town so if I am too tired to ski I can just go for a massage and relax by the pool. Think I will have to re-arrange one of my Herceptin appointments though...oops!

night night
Lizzyxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello gang

Well i had my hicknman line removed and was first in at 9.30 so not much time to worry about it. Im not gonna lie it bloody hurt....a lot! Dont know if im just a wuss but... she seemed to take a while getting the 'cuff' released and when it finally came loose it felt like she jolted/slipped and stabbed me, nearly jumped off the bed. The local anaes injection also hurt a lot as it went quite deep 'tiny scratch my a**s' and then when she stitched it back up she was going that fast i think she thought she was sewing a button on?? and dont get me started on when she was tying the knots ouchy. The other nurse was clearly trying to distract me and was asking about hubby etc and then asked an emotional me if i had any children?....que leaky eyes!

Ive got stitches and a dressing so can still only fantasise about my luxurious bubble bath for a few days....sigh!

Anyway wussy rant over, its out and thats the main thing 🐵

Libby glad all went well and you escaped from the hospital bed, good for you, i was the same, i practically begged to go home hehe

Simone lmao at aquaous overdosing and dancing to dolly parton, you really do put some funny images in my head and it cheers me right up 🐵

With regards to my dla im not that hopeful to get it and the advisor didnt really give much away but im hoping i will get the grant that we also filled a form out for as will have to use a lot of petrol getting to and from radio, oh well will have to see.

Hope everyone else is ok, hugs to all x

Guest user
Not applicable

Well done Libby with the great escape! An inspiration.

Eyebrow status - is two thin lines of "sparse" but with two big splodges of what looks like dark grey shadowy skin where the rest used to be - a bit like a blokes 5 o'clock shadow, but in the wrong place and not stubbly. So depending on the light it either looks like I've got reasonably OK eye brows or massive comedy make up. I guess it means its all going to grow back soon - and then I'll be complaining about having bushy eyebrows I suppose.

I was offered LGFB - said "yes please" and was given a date in May... so have said "no thankyou" afterall. So when we meet up I'll be the frumpy one!

Is it too soon to start wishing everybody a good weekend? I think not! I vote for Fri to Mon weekends. Have a great time at the Eden Project Theresa. Anybody doing anything else exciting?

Sue

Guest user
Not applicable

Hey Ladies

Had my 13th zapping today and found it extremely difficult to lay still, not because I was in pain, but one of the radiotherapists had put his favourite cd on, so was trying not to sing as I got on the machine and then we had a bit of a dance after to Dolly Parton's 9 to 5, bless him, our moment was as camp as a row of tents, hilarious!!!! Sometimes you forget you're on camera!!!

Lulu, hope you have a great weekend celebrating your OH's birthday. Love it when birthdays last a whole weekend xx

Libby, are you secretly some sort of Amazon Woman!!!! Wow, go you! I was such a wimp I ended up having to stay in overnight, Anaesthetic really sends my wappy and it takes me yonks to come round, I'm sure the nurses thought I was kidding and was just being a bit of a lazy mare, hee hee!!

Girly hugs to you all, Simone xxx

libsue

I'm home, I begged and pleaded till the nurse got fed up! I dressed myself and went to find the nurse to show her how well I was recovering, and she very kindly allowed me to leave early. I do have some pain but it's bearable. Oh, and I was allowed to keep my wig on in the Theatre......so that pleased me.

Results in about two weeks, keeping my fingers crossed that I have clear margins.

Hope everyone's well.

Catch up later,

Libby x

Cackles

Clare and Lulu ... I hope you don't mind me reading your posts...I can't sleep. My Hickman came out about eight weeks ago. I dreaded it because it was Cr...p having it put in. I thought they would have to catch me first. It REALLY was almost sensation less. Only the local going in stung a tiny bit, then nothing but relief!!!!
Thinking of you later today
Cackles

Lulu34

Clare good luck with your Hickman removal.... Mine is getting removed in two weeks... Vacant imagine it being worse coming out than it was going in.... Enjoy your bath!

Good luck with the dla forms..... I was thinking of applying but have just filled my daughters as she has a learning disability and mental health problems and the firm is mind numbing..... Hadn't really thought about getting somebody from Macmillan to help.

Sue I haven't lost all my lashes or brows but both have thinned.... I lost all my lashes last time but they grew back fully and nice and long.... So fingers crossed yours come back soon.... Did you go to LGFB? They demonstrate how to draw them on ad you get some eyebrow powder in your goody bag.

Theresa major bummer about your hair but hope its only a small amount that comes out this time... Mine is about 2mm all over but does look greyer than I remember... Hope you have a great time in Cornwall.... Maybe you should apply for a blue badge so you can do disabled parking everywhere... It's a godsend when you just can walk far.... It's good they can provide mobility scooters... I know my DNs said they could get me a wheel chair and so far iv declined cos I just don't really go out much but think it might be handy now chemo is over and I might feel like doing more.... Might be worthwhile asking your dn if they can get one for you.

Libby hope all goes well tomorrow.... I'd recommend something that buttons up too or if not something big and baggy and maybe strappy is better than all closed in which is difficult to get on and off without raising your hands up.

Simone lolling at your aqueous overdose.... You'd be more than welcome to join us... I love to meet up with you all.... I love York and had a few fab nights in Birmingham too.

My nurse is coming in the morning to flush my line and it's OHs birthday but not got anything special planned but taking him for dinner and drinkies at the weekend.

Take care ladies
Lulu xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hey Ladies

Today I learnt that I do not have to put Acqueous cream on as though I'm about to swim the channel!!!!! Clearly I took liberal spread to a whole new level! I apologised and promised not to do it again, oops!

Lulu, a trip to Edinburgh could definitely be on the cards in August for me so hopefully might coincide with a meet up!

Clare, fingers crossed for dla forms, did your advisor seem hopeful? Good luck with the hickman removal, hope it's not too painful xx

Sue, Chris and Kate's faces would be a picture!!!! I know what you mean about eyebrow staring, I can't help it, my eyes immediately head north and I get very envious as mine are a bit patchy. I also have to remember if I have been bothered to draw them on, not to rub my face or itchy eyes and just end up with one eyebrow, where nobody likes to tell you that you've just smeared it down your face!!!!

Teresa, we've had spring watch and autumn watch, surely boob watch is a perfect follow on, although I don't know how keen I'd be to have a night camera set up!!!! Have a fab time in Cornwall, make sure you get a scooter with a horn, beep beep coming through xx

Libby, will be thinking of you tomorrow and wish you a speedy recovery as there are cakes to be consumed in York!! Gentle ((hugs)) xx

Hope you all have a restful night, Simone xxx

libsue

Hello ladies
Simone, love your laugh in the face of adversity approach, and yes, didn't it go t*ts up? I'm sure you'll make up for Tues when you meet with Pat and Happy Cat at White Rose, wish I could join in but I'm otherwise engaged........got a date with my breast surgeon tomorrow, we are going to the Theatre! My suitcase isn't packed yet, I'm hoping Mr Surgeon has had enough of me by the end of the day and sends me home. I'll pack my case soon, not sure what I'll need .......I suppose reading materials, toiletries, undies, PJ's, slippers and dressing gown.....can't think of anything else, I'm so slack! Someone suggested I take a button up top for ease as it will be difficult to raise my arm, well I don't have any button up tops which fit, if push comes to shove I'll go home in my PJ top, as long as I get home I don't care what I'm wearing (no shame lol) anyway I'll have my coat on. I'm sorry we didn't meet each other on Tues as I was looking forward to seeing you, dare I say......we ladies who did meet had a great time, like you I'm really up for a York meet up.

Teresa, it's a lovely idea for us to have a meet up in June or July, Birmingham sounds good. Pleased to hear you are feeling better, amazing what a good rest does for us. What a great idea to use a mobility scooter for getting round the Eden Project, I'm sure you're in for a great time and the family break will be uplifting. My daughters' are both adults, 38 and 30, the elder one is a long haul air stewardess with a well known airline, and the younger one a librarian at Leeds Uni. Both are single and enjoy their single status.

Yes Clare, my op's tomorrow eek.....getting nervous! My elder dau went back home this lunchtime, she's flying to Los Angeles tomorrow, but will be coming up to see us next month when she has a few days holiday booked. The tingling and numbness in feet and hands drove me to distraction, it is improving though and no where near as bad now as last week, I hope yours and Lulu's eases off soon. Good luck having the Hickman removed, be good to enjoy long soaks in the bath.

Sue, I'm same as you, no lashes or brows, I've become eyebrow obsessed and go around staring at peoples brows. I have though become rather adept at faking them, as for lashes I don't fancy false ones as think I'd either look like a drag queen or Barbara Cartland!

I'll catch up with everyone's news when I've recovered from surgery.

Take care, and make the most of the expected mild sunny weather.

Hugs to all.

Libby xxx