Starting Chemo in the next couple of weeks,

Anyone starting chemo beginning of July, would like to share my journey with you. Will be having Fec x6 then 4-5 weeks radiotherapy.
Seems to have hit me now that i have cancer as saw the oncologist yesterday which comfirmed chemo :frowning:
Am very nervous about losing hair and is the only thing my 3 boys are worried about, bless em.
Does anyone know how much iā€™ll be entitled to for a wig as saw a lovely wig shop yesterday but they were quite expensive from 100-200 quid.

Hope to hear from some of you lovely lot

Penny xx

Hi Penny

A suggestion for you is to change the title of the thread to mention ā€œJulyā€, so other July ladies can join in with your experiences as July approaches. You might also find it helpful to take a squint through some of the earlier monthsā€™ threads where you can see how people have coped and what tips and tricks they have used to get them through the side-effects.

The hair thing seems to be a big thing but when it comes down to it, itā€™s fine because it doesnā€™t actually HURT much, except sometimes when itā€™s about to fall out.

Can I put in a plug for a charity I discovered when I was getting used to the idea of losing my hair. littleprincesses.org.uk, Little Princess Trust, takes donations of hair and makes wigs for children who lose their hair, mainly through chemo. I found it really good to be able to find at least one positive thing from this chemo rubbish. If your hairā€™s 10 inches or longer, they will be able to use it. So if you have long hair and want to stick two fingers up at cancer, that might be something to think about.

Best of luck to you and all the other July ladies. Iā€™m almost finished (last one at end of June) and have managed to survive more or less intact - minus a few marbles and a headful of hair - so I hope you can all find a bit of strength in each othersā€™ support.

Hi Penny,

Like CM says, change the title to a Jully chemo start and youā€™ll soon have lots of chums!!

Iā€™m a May girl and just to say its great to have the support of others who are the same stage as you and going through the same things.

Its all very doable and in the main most people cope very well. Use this thread to get help advice, comfort or wail and moan. We all understand, like no one else does!

Good luck with everything

All the best

Wandyx

Can I just say I started chemo in February and had my last treatment yesterday. When you start, you just see that stretch ahead of you and you think it will never end. I, however canā€™t believe just how fast it has all gone. I think being able to going back to work has helped.

Hope you all get through it with manageable side effects (If there is one thing I would plug, its Movicol for the constipation, even though I was affected mainly by fatigue and nausea, severe constipation was by far the worst - there is a great thread on this).

Good luck ladies

Karenx