Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting FEC this week

106 REPLIES 106
Highlighted

Re: Starting FEC this week

Hi Sandra
sounds like quite a big op - they do that all together or in 2 goes?

I know I was glad to have implant rather than prosthetic (?spelling!) felt more me - or close to it

my implant of 3 years ago may be at risk during op, but some surgeons say that it may have produced own blood supply and can continue even if they nick the vein under my arm....
hope that the case... my daughter (a theatre nurse) seems reasonably confident about that so should follow her lead 🙂 and not doubt or worry...
it took me a while to get used to an implant and now cant bear being without it....I have a recon nipple to finish being tattoed on!!! 🙂 🙂 ha

I am a twin and recon boosted me to a size bigger - the silver lining - altho was embarrassing at beginning when freinds stared at my boobs - have enjoyed showing them off....twin is jealous of course and tells me off - a twin thing...

sinus pain ok - think it was sunburn on face - v odd, but was in sun day after chemo.....a reaction i guess - so am trying to be more careful but love the sun.....more sun cream lathered on i guess

will keep popping back - no worries, although most peeps have gone....
:)
Jan

Highlighted

HI Jan you will have to post on this thread what other thread you will be posting on. I had op double mastectomy in Oct last year with recon on one side due to radiotherapy and ended having implant out on side with recon, so when radiotherapy is over will be having implant put back in and also recon on other side(not looking forward to it but don't know if I can go through life looking like I do now) decisions decisions if only we didn't have to make them. Glad your chemo is over but sorry to hear about your sinus pain, hope you will soon be feeling better. Hope all you other ladies are keeping ok and don't forget to keep posting.
Love to you all Sandra x x x

Highlighted

Hi Sandra
I had my last FEC Friday too 🙂 am really relieved that this bit is over
I have an op June 9 and have more treatment for spine mets after the op, rads have been mentioned but the last onc (3 different ones for last 3 chemos - not easy to deal with consitency wise and the last she didnt listen i feel not happy about that) said that rads for me was a last resort and when i am in pain ... not tactful dont think...
will talk to my care nurse
also about my pain - sinus? really bad overnight - and right now have very hot and red face! slightly swollen too....chemo effect i wonder or picked something up v strange....temp ok tho

love to Chiara, Julie & Karen - if you come back here again...
will be on another thread now as heading for op
love to all if you log in - will pop in now & then
Jan

Highlighted

hi all, nobody been on here for a while hope you are all coping OK. I just have to shout yipeeeeee. Had chemo 6 yesterday and finished my course. One hurdle down and so far so good. Feeling more tired each time but has been nowhere near as bad as i was expecting. A little heartburn for first few days and stomach cramps in second week but nothing i haven't been able to cope with. I just hope you all have it as easy or even easier. I go for planning for my radiotherapy on 19th may and will probably start it the week after and i am starting on Tamoxifen in a months time. Well I just have to tell you I got the most drunk last night that I have ever been and even slept on the floor in the little downstairs toilet. NEVER AGAIN......
Don't think i had that much to drink and think having the chemo yesterday might have had something to do with it, then i got so upset as i was thought fancy getting to nearly 50 and ending up in that state, but must say i feel quite good today considering, but i don't think i will be making a habit of it. I also forget to my DEX sometimes and in fact I haven't taken any today as i didn't remember till 3pm do you think it matters?
Well love to you all and enjoy the bank holiday weekend, have any of you got any plans?. We have a christening tomorrow but nothing planned for Monday.
Love Sandra x x x

Highlighted

Hi Julie
its the same for me - had chemo same day no 5 and didnt go out y'day although there was sun I do love the sun. felt weary but didnt get to have a nap. i even forgot to take my 2nd dose of DEX so have dropped the dose today too and have had no problems, just got to remember to ease off them, so 1 tab tom and should be ok. no nausea

Lyn - thats what i thought 50 is the new 40!!! yay!
I am 53 and was first dx while 49.
This year is dominated by treatment and not sure how / what treatments are next as i have secondaries on my spine too....2nd dx was christmas Eve so new year eve was bleak and cried with friends
am trying to take each day as it comes, so tired sometimes and even a short walk exhausts & become breathless

i got a wig and only worn it once so far - like to go v short like my sons - 5mm all over as still have some hair altho v thin - lots of compliments on shape of head etc and wear bold necklaces and earrings now 🙂

am feeling much better wee is back to normal whew! head isnt groggy just the tiredness....hope to do some work from home in a few days time

love to all
Jan

Highlighted

Julie, what a great post to read for people like me, at the beginning of the journey - had my first treatment yesterday of 7 months Epi-CMF. Good for you, love the idea about the wig thread - I haven't got mine yet but those ideas might be handy in a few months time! Remember, 50 is the new 40... I'm 51 and think 55 will be the new 25 (so I'm optimistic, must be the steroid buzz!). Love, Lyn xx

Highlighted

Hi Chiara,Jan,Sandra,Karen and anyone else whos name may have escaped my foggy brain,
Lots been happening, some finished/finishing hooooray, some mid stuff.
Ive just done no 5 fec!!!!!! 1 more to go , then done, some recon to my nipple and thats it.
Chemo is really knackering me out now, Im off work more now as just too tired, the week after chemo Im so foggy headed and OH has to leave big notes for me to turn the gas off etc.... memory ? who ? what where......
Ive completely abandoned the 'syrup', spent the weekend joking with my sister about planting it in the garden on the wall with a string and winding up the squirrels.
Maybe I should start a new fun thread'' 101 things to do with unwanted wigs''!!!!!!!!!!!!
Going to spend the summer in scarves, Ive been complimented on my shape of head! so much that someone said why dont you shave it shiny bald for the summer and put a henna tattoo on it! maybe i should sell advertising space from it!
OH has gone to pirate 40th party, i couldnt manage it right now, my mum is here,shes out at a 60th party in london this afternoon, ive just made tuscany bean soup to radio 2 and planning a big move back to wales within the next 8 months. Life change is in the air, the one good thing about having BC is the life evaluation it brings to you. I feel like Ive turned a corner, my last chemo is 5 days before my 46th birthday, so after wards there will be a BIG celebration.
Have a great weekend everyone,thinking of you all.
Love Julie xxxx

Highlighted

Hi Chiara & Sandra
Wed night had urinary tract infection, been up all night. got doc out at 4am finally...
will go for blood test and see if they take it . .

OH was in a different country, my 2nd son, Matt was in bed fast asleep & didn’t hear me go to the loo – in fact I was soooo tired I used a wide topped glass for some wee’s, sitting on the edge of the bed!!!
Matt has come home after a 2yr contract in Uganda – now looking for another job…

Can laugh about it now but was agonising I cried off and on from 2am, drank 5 pts of water – has it all come out yet??? Temp was fine so delayed phoning anyone…after a few hours with an antibiotic I managed to sleep a bit at 7am – stayed in bed until 3pm Thursday – not done that before….

Of course the blood test showed all levels much higher due to the ab – and I had been eating chicken soup – homemade all week to boost the neuts ha!

So they let me have no 5 chemo! The wait is awful – saw onc who said expected the cancer to have shrunk a bit more than it has, but can vary with different people at least it was in right direction. Then wait for chemo is interminable! Matt stayed with me for hours, then finally went home for the last hour while I had the bone strenghtener.

OH flew home 7am came with me to see onc then went home and slept till 2pm! He picked me 3.30pm…

While having chemo the nurse (who was lovely) talked about Taxotere – been reading a bit about it – she said that after my op I may have to have a course and was forewarning me. Noone else has mentioned TAX and I thought after rads 2 months after my op then tamoxifen would do the rest…..obviously the onc has to ok this and will broach subject at next and last chemo in 3 weeks…

Day 2 chemo 5 energy levels lower, tired but alert for a while then flop – and that’s how it is…

Work – ok 2-3 hours a day only 3 days this week, so have various things to do and some ordering for the new office but that will have to wait – unless someone else has taken over – it takes longer as trying to get to grips with MAC & mac software which is different from a PC that I have always been used to – time consuming, challenging and annoying all at the same time.

Thanks Chiara and Sandra – although there are only a few of us its good to post
Sandra know how you feel – which was probably that cause of the uti as the gp asked if I was anxious! I said yes due for 5th chemo and coping with the wait…
Chiara what kind of surgery are you having.
I had a mastectomy 3 yrs ago and my next one is to take all axillary nodes out – am told this is not as bad as chemo – but if am to have more chemo – struggling to look forward to anything…
A day at a time as everyone here says 🙂

Catch up again soon…
Jan

Highlighted

Hi Jan and Chiara good to keep hearing from you. good news that the chemo has worked for both of you in reducing the size of your lumps. Chiara hope you enjoy your two weeks off without any appointments, make the most of it you deserve it and please keep posting as it is good to talk to you all and know how we are all progressing.Jan I am at the same stage as you with chemo and then go straight on to radiotherapy and tamoxofen so i will have to let you know how the radiotherapy goes. Seem to have been a bit more tired after this fourth chemo but not too bad. I just dont look forward to the next one, it seems to come round too quick, but at least it gets us nearer to the finishing line. My two daughters are doing the race for life and i was quite touched as one of my youngest daughters friend(who she only sees at school) is doing it and asked if she could put that she was doing it for me.
Hpoe things go well for you both
Sandra

Highlighted

Hi Jan,

No, I'm not, I just couldn't cope with being on 2 threads at the same time (blame it on chemo brain), but I was reading it. I am giving myself some kind of cancer holida now while waiting for the surgery, I have 2 weeks without doctors/hospitals/needles, after 7 months this is heaven for me. So I'm not coming here that much, but I'm sure I'll be back after surgery with lots of questions about that and radiotherapy!!

Hope things go well for you!

chiara

Highlighted

Hi Chiara - are you on the other thread - Anyone starting chemo as well - i am...have just posted there...

I had a scan the other day and the largest of my lumps were 3cm now reduced to 2.5cm after 4 chemo - v different from yours which sounds great for you! am due an op in June and radiotherapy as have secondary on spine....

enjoy your summer 🙂 I hope to sit in the sun...
Jan

Highlighted

Hi Sandra, Julie, Jan,

I think there's no one else left on this thread....well I haven't had much time to write after my last fec, what with easter, then one last Herceptin infusion, then a whole day of tests and scan, and this is wh I'm writing, after 6 months of chemo, I ahd a mammo and breast scan yesterday which showed absolutely no sign of cancer at all, had they not know my history I'd have been declared compeltely healthy, this is coming from a grade 3 lump of about 6cm at the start of chemo!!!!

I hope this is of some comfort to anyone who has yet to start or finish their chemos, it does work, I haven't felt this happy and dare I say it?, hopeful since the beginning of September when I was diagnosed.

I am now having surgery in 3 weeks time, and then rads and then hopefully I can enjoy a summer free of horrible thoughts!!!

I have a feeling this thread is going to die soon as we all seem to be at the end of our treatments, i do wish it works out for all of you, you are in my thoughts, best of luck, and thanks for sharing the worst part of my treatment with me.

Do take care

Love
Chiara

Highlighted

Hi, good to hear from you again, I too am feelin more tired and then to top it all fell over this morning and hurt my ankle. Cant believe everything i have gone through and this ankle hurts more than anything. After looking round to make sure neighbours didn't see me my next thought was at least the wig stayed in place and why didn't I have any boobs to cushion my fall.(at least we can laugh at ourselves a bit) Hope everyone has had a good Easter and at last a good excuse to put on a few pounds. Got an egg off OH for first time in 27 years (perhaps it was due to the fact he won it in a raffle) and saving it till my taste buds are a little better. Don't know about you but everything tastes the same. Well heres to some good weather and a good weekend to you all.
Love Sandra x x

Highlighted

Hi Sandra, Julie, Karen and you all...

quiet here - perhaps you ve joined other threads - there are so many....

I heard a story the other day - a guy was diagnosed with cancer but refused treatment, he went home and for 3 months he watched comedy films - went back for tests and the c was gone - laughter is the best medicine - or so a certain magazine says....

I have just changed the bed - have been so sweaty last few nights and now need to rest!!!

have had a great w/e - and had chemo 4 on thursday - very different feel, although v tired...

fri night went over for a meal with friends - loverly
sat afternoon played x-box with a son & friends, went out for a meal with more friends and drinks with even more

sun went to my mothers for lunch with another 13 or so family - I have 4 kids, one abroad but 2 married and 1 brought gf - she went through all of his baby and child photos y'day afternoon - great fun - ah....
went to play poker )Texas holdum) last night again with family & friends, 12 of us - great fun

now am resting, had b'fast in bed again and it nice and peaceful - hubbie working as he hasnt any days leave left and we going away thurs for 3 nights near Calais - hope its warmer - same as you Sandra - hope we all have a restful and recuperative breaks...

its been so cold! siberian wind, snow but not laying, sleety today and wind not so bad - with my v thin and 5mm hair cut i feel the cold....strange havent lost anymore and would like to keep this - but will see what happens

at night i am either sweaty or at 4am am cold have cold feet and have to put heated underblanket on for a bit....

love all the reads

Jan x

Highlighted

hi all, had 4th chemo on Thurs like a few of you. Nurse tried twice to get blood from inside of elbow crease and none would come (think i was feeling a little mean) took some from further down arm between elbow crease and wrist and was a bit painful and became very bruised. Apart from a burning sensation in my throat when i swallow which started after chemo 3 and feeling a little more tired i am doing OK. Hoping to go away Thurs to Sun next week so hoping weather picks up a bit. Seems the tiredness is hitting us all but not long for most of us to go now before we finish this round treatment. Good to hear from you all and I hope you all have a really happy Easter with plenty of chocs.
Love Sandra x x x

Highlighted

Hi Julie
I am discovering that one now - fatigue is hitting me and am day 2.
Had horrible day y'day at hospital - 6 hours again, they lost my chart so waitied over an hour to discover that one! hen had to have 2nd blood test as Neutophils were borderline at 1.2 then they rose to over 2

does anyone know how to boost N's have no idea why they rose from day before???
I was tearful when had to have another b test but relieved when they gave me chemo

woke at 4am watched moon through another bedroom window was so beautiful took a photo on my mobile but not good one 😞 then thought of what b'fast to have at 5am went back to slepp and had that b'fast at 8....very rare to have cooked b'fast - scrambled egg & bacon on toast yum! very odd too that i am so with it, not usually happen unitl day 10!!!
accumulative steroids perhaps!

has anyone any expereince on the stinging penis from unprotected sex, havent anything in the house and it BH....o dear

playing bowling on my wii ! 🙂

thanks for being their girls - does help
Jan x

Highlighted

Hi girls,
just a quick one, have a lovely weekend whatever your plans.
After no 4, today Im 8 days post, Im feeling exhausted most of the time.Fatigue with a capital F has settled in. So for those of you close to no 4 , take lots of time out if you can and dont plan too much.

love Julie xx

Highlighted

forgot to say, I ditched the wig as of last friday and feel so much liberated, I had a few funny stares from the kids at school, but feel more comfy now, and if anyone stares I just stare back, and thats it. Most people though say that I look reall good and much younger!!
Its just so nice to feel the wind in the hair.....my eyebrows are back not as much as before but enough to look ok, and eyelashes are starting to grow back as well....

things are looking good.....

Highlighted

hi all

Jan good luck today with our chemo, Sandra I believe you have ours too? if so, best of luck to you too.

Julie I hope you're feeling ok after your fourth.

I had my fourth and last yesterday, I'm still feeling ok, though very lonely, hubb been away for a few days, and the girls were off school since yesterday so I sent them off to my mum's again, will see them on Easter Sunday, hoping I'll be up to the 2 hour drive....but have lots of tests lined up next week so if I don't go this weekend I wont see them for ten days, which far too much for me!! Surgery scheduled for 16th april, it will be a quadrantectomy with full node clearance, I'm a bit nervous but at the same time can't wait to have it done, I'm starting to see the end of this terrible journey (started early sept), and its been such a long way, I still don't know how I've managed to get through (actually I do know, it was thanks to a bunch of amazing friends!!).

As much as I hate the idea of the surger I really want to get it out of the way....I then have a 4-8 week wait for radiotherapy, which can then be between 5 and 6 weeks, which might screw up my plans for the summer...gosh I can't wait go away with my family!!!

Well I'm going out for a walk now, since I haven't got much else to do and its sunny, so I can get some fresh air before the nausea and fatigue set in.

Hope you're all doing well, Karen and any others I might have missed!

big hug to all of you, we're getting near the end, well done to everyone!!

Highlighted

Hi chemo chicks
I have been either busy trying to complete my contract work (end of this month) getting some excercise or napping.

This 3rd chemo have felt more tired
also waiting still to hear about when it is possible to start my new job. Had to take in my passport and P45 monday - used a car as thought i would be too tired to cycle home - 15 mins - not far but energy not as good as usual and am really slowing down.

have chemo 4 today and usually do some housework, washing - done the washing but not the dusting!!!
did half an hour gardening last sat before the rain and was pooped!

am wondering what no 4 will do to me.....my hubbie has to work today so am going to get a friend or sister to pop in ....

have booked a weeks holiday at last - timing is crucial for me - I am to have all my lymph glands out 6 weeks after last (6th) chemo, so last chemo is first week in may - of course that could be delayed....but our weeks holiday in Pisa is booked for 31 may, hoping that my op will be the week i come back...wonder if that will work....

still dont know when radiotherapy will be - info comes out in drips & drabs - feels like that....

Julie hope you ok after chemo 4

cycled a bit y'day doing work stuff, then walked 15 mins or so to somewhere else and wondered whether i could talk clearly to the person i was meeting!
i did and i walked so slowly back home - did some emails then slept for an hour

so much more napping !

realised i havent been here since last week - will let you know about job when i hear - all a bit strange as now i realise i havent much energy so hope i can have a delayed start - unless they decide they cant take me on - hope to hear today

took a few days to decide about hols - hubbie needs a rest and we found a beautiful sudio appartment

must get ready to go to hospital...
love & lots hugs...
Jan

Highlighted

Hi Lovelies,(K,J,C and others?)
Good to read how you all are, it must be difficult aplying for a new job mid recovery and treatment, honesty is the best policy, if they want you for the job then they will find a way for it to work , dont forget the advise by the D.D.A which we are covered by with cancer, and all employees need to take heed of these employment laws. Good luck Jan.
Chiara- I didnt realise you had a small family , good to hear that you;ve turned a corner in terms of positivism, its hard at time isnt it, Ive just had chemo 4 and really feeling the 'fatigue factor' now. Work are asking when ill be back full time and when to hand me projects etc..... and Im secretly planning 2 weeks off sick after chemo to recharge before my phased back to work...... Ive started to think about me for the first time in years. OH still being a love, Ive felt truly supported by him all the way.
Ive lost track of Dyzee does anyone know how she is?
I went to a look good feel good day last week, face make over day , bit of a pamper, lots of good quality freebies given, recommend it, and met other ladies always a bonus to meet people dont you think?
Time to put face on and get ready for sunday lunch out, its become a chemo week ritual, by sunday I want to pig out on a roast!
lol Julie xxxxxx

Highlighted

Thanks Karen
will talking to my care nurse again today about it all and will offer some negotiation - youre right about regrets it be good to try it...

good to hear from you all Sandra, Julie, Chiara and others earlier on this thread - keep writing

xx
Jan

Highlighted

Hi Jan

Only you really know the answer as to take the job or not but dont have any regrets - if you try it and it doesnt work out you can say well at least I trid but if yuou dont give it a chance you will always be wondering what if?

I work with playgroup children and have had to stop until I get my chemo finished because I cant afford to risk the infection but I miss my job so much Im aiming to return in September to give me a goal.

Wishing you the best of luck whatever choice you make

karen

XX

Highlighted

Hi girls
havent been round much as last week was tired week and more than usual - after 3rd - no other real problems other than more tiredness. Definitely feel the change once 10 days have gone passed and can enjoy this week & next physically...4th is due 20 march

emotionally - perhaps not
last thursday - day 6 after 3rd FEC I had an interview for a job I really would like - it took me 2 days to get over the tension, aches and tiredness - maybe that should tell me something...
Monday I heard they are offering me the job but that i need to give a statement of health & prognosis (expectation they called it) I spoke a bit about my cycles on the phone to her and about my op - lymph glands out & possible radiotherapy to come after 6 FEC.

i then phoned my care nurse and she could write a letter of prognosis, she didnt say not to go for it ...

but am down today as i have mixed feelings now - my 2 referees are urging caution about taking up a new job with an op to come. in fact i could start (if they take me on) and then have 4-6 weeks off!!!
would any employer take me on...am wondering now as affects of chemo and op & tamoxifen later will take its toll

i have been working up to now on contract that ends this march - been working at home which is great & so flexible. the next job is in an office with 3 others - a new team being set up for the 3year project

i will see what my care nurse says....was excited but the whole health thing is a big reality hit....
its 25 hours a week
havent any other job lined up - do i just sit at home for the next few months ?? create my own 'home' projects...

sorry to moan like this but at the moment the future looks bleak i know its only short term ....

good to hear from all of you
Jan

Highlighted

Hi all

its been pretty quiet here lately, hope it means you're all doing fine and not thinking about bc too much (rather that you're feeling too crap to log on). I'm feeling great for first time in many weeks, finally my infection is clearing up, and I finished antibs, which were causing havoc to my stomach.

Had lovely day yesterday with 3yold daughter at home, and later with eldest too, I was feeling really good and positive ffor once, and not 'needy' at all. must be spring, (or the painkillers!!).

back in hospital tomorrow, for my weekly herceptin and last fec next week, not looking forward to that, but it is the last one, thankfully.
Julie I'm in modena, northern Italy. and as far as libido goes, funnily enough I have more than usual, even though I get all the other menopause symptoms, unfortunately its no use, until the painful rash inside my thighs is completely gone (not so painful now, but I'm not taking any risks) it is just not gonna happen!!!!

Hope to hear from you all soon, Sandra, Jan, Julie, an others I've forgotten, keep writing!! Hope everthing's ok!

love
Chiara

Highlighted

Hi Girls, Sandra and Chiara,
Alls ok in the Julie camp, apart from painful constipation and wakeful insomnia I was awake ALL blummin night on Monday, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I took tues and wed off work just so I can recharge the batteries and get back on sleeping track, I need to be rested before no 4 next wednesday 12th, i went clothes shopping yesterday first time since dx, my OH took photos of me 'bald' the other day I look awfully older and tired and drawn, it shocked me, hence the retail splurge, theres nothing like a splash out, new jeans and a top from m&s, tried a few bras on too,nice non underwired ones, and lots of sale items too, time to revamp the bra drawer!.
love to you all have a good weekend,Im going to do a dance class on saturday morning, and selling on an auction site.
Julie xxxx

Highlighted

hi all had 3rd chemo Friday and next one same as yours Jan, day before good Friday, we too are hoping to go away for a couple of days (got to try and make the most of it). Been a lot more sleepy and had a really bad burning in throat. Don't know if its from sickness tabs or steroids but seemed to come after taking them, will see if any better when tablets finished. Gaviscon not doing much good. Managed to go out to lunch today for a friends birthday and had a really nice time. Probably need a sleep soon. I am sorry to say we all seem to be more the worse for wear as we get further on in our treatment but at least we are about 1/2 way there. Hope you all start feeling much better, good to keep comparing note,
Love to you all on this thread Sandra x x

Highlighted

hi chiara,
and jan and others,
-Chiara sounds like you are in the wars as we would say up north in the uk, hope you get sorted soon and your gp gets to the bottom of it, where in italy are you?Ive never been to italy- sinful, i believe its a beautifl country. whens your next chemo mines 12th march. Im feeling ok at the mo apart from insomnia and total lack of libido.

take care all

Julie xxxx

Highlighted

Hi all

yes Jan it was scary, but thankfully its responded well to the treatment, lets just hope this is it.

Stomach settled by the morning (not before a few trips to the toilet...), but my infection has come back with a vengeance, obviousl on a weekend, so have had to wait until this morning, to call them up, and now hoping they'll call back soon (m drs are not in until pm), and give me anything to take his pain away. Had to drive kids to school today and it was pure agony....other than that I've got the usual nausea, always in the background, though I don't feel it as much as the pain from the boils is worse, and a swollen eye, been awake all night with indigestion, shouted badly at m daughter and had argument with husband at weekend......I think that's about it....

ah, its a lovely warm spring day here in Italy that just screams going out, but I can hardly walk so will give it a miss......

It will pass......................................

Highlighted

Hi all
am feeling quite tired and Friday 3rd chemo - was lovely to have same male nurse giving me the drugs --went pale & light headed at one point....my daughter came to visit this time which was nice...
had an hour nap in the afternoon
y'day had a 2 hour nap!! unknown for me and tooday feeling very flushed and washed out

neutrophils were ok and they sorted my next appt for a day earlier as 3 weeks fri is Good Friday! this means that we may be able to go away for a few days the following week - be good for hubbie, hope i make the car journey - plan is to go to a hotel in Calais - theres a 3 hour journey to Dover tho....

webmum - hope you can sort you stomach out - have you omeprazole?

I founb out that my largest of 3 lumps on my lymph gland was 3cm - tha seemed big, but yours at 6cm - glad its reducing.
I have an op to take out all my lymph glands after chemo -prob late May/June time...
It was odd that the sizes weren't in my notes at my GP....
Am having bone strenghtener for sec bone on spine - T9, but not very big am told....may have rads for that later....

must rest agin now
happy mothers day to you all - i have 3 of 4 'adult' kids round today soon for a roast & they will do all the work for me - ahh (2 are married, 1 is bringing his girl friend)

love to all you chemo chicks
Jan

Highlighted

hi all,
well look at the time,1.17 am post chemo insomnia has settled in nicely and Im sipping horlicks waiting to feel tired, zopiclone is going to be used, im trying not to but the wind will keep me awake if oh snoring doesnt.
otherwise lifes fine at the mo, got some social things lined up, works ok, boss actually said this week, dont get overwhelmed by work, just do what you can and say no if you need to....isnt that great.
sorry your tummy is giving you gip chiara, have you been prescribed any thing, ? i get omniprazole post chem which i take daily for a few days it really helps.good news that your lump is so reduced. another thing to tick off.
have a good weekend everyone, happy mums day to all the mums! enjoy all the attention you deserve it.
julie xxx

Highlighted

well I knew it couldn' last....I'm here at 3am, wih reall bad hearburn and somach cramps,....can' sleep, and felling compleely crap.

thank you for your message sandra, its alwas nice coming here and knowing people understand.

I'm having a quadrantectomy, hopefully, had very large tumour (6cm) which has almost disappeared, at least o the touch, of course there can be signs left. we will know more when I get all my scans at the end of the treatment. As you said sometimes its worse being able to make a decision especially since I'm not really qualified to make one, and have to go with gut feelings and reputation.

my stomach is really killing me....

Highlighted

Hi glad to hear things went well for you yesterday Chiara. I think that black feeling comes to us all at sometimes. I Feel positive most of the time and then others could burst into tears for no reason. Glad you feeling better about things Julie. What surgery have you got to have Chiara? Sometimes having a choice for things makes it harder than them making the decision for you. All you can do is listen to other people about the choice of surgeons and look to see if they both have the same qualifications. I am sure whoever you choose will do the best they can for you. It really does seem a long journey. I Think it does us all good to get our feelings out as we all understand each other and all experience similar things, sometimes you cant discuss things with family as we don't want to worry them. Jenny hope you are feeling better and that you feel you are getting some support from this thread. Good luck for tomorrow Jan and Nardy how are you doing.
Hope i haven't left anyone out.
Love to all Sandra x x

Highlighted

hi chemo chicks

well had my third one and yesterda and still feeling okish, a tad tired but better than the first two times. I'm expecting it to get worse between tonight and tomorrow, but I'm enjjoying it while it lasts, managed to sort out a few things in the house today, so I'm ready for it when it comes!!

Glad you're feeling so upbeat Julie, I'm feeling better than the last couple of weeks, as when I feel unwell I start seeing everything black, but am getting anxious about the surgery, have started seeing surgeons (apparently I can choose!!), and am really confused about it all....the lump is not palpable anymore which is a good thing, but we'll know more when they scan me again at the end of treatment....just 4 weeks to go, starting to see the end finally...gosh its been a long journey!!

Hang on in there, we can all do it!!!

lots of love
chiara

Highlighted

Hi girls
thanks Sandy - have got grade 5 and people have said it looks great! cold tho = so wont cut much shorter

every time i rub my head it still falls out - so am glad of cut - looking thin but ok now short

am doing usual stuff like washing, cleaning, work up to date ready for a few days off.
even napped at the weekend!
feel tired in teh evening - we like 2 really oldies dropping off then going off to bed lol!!!

lovely to hear from you all chemo girls

Jan

Highlighted

Hi all, glad to hear that everyone is not feeling too bad. I am sill OK, cough nearly gone and hoping it wont come back after next chemo like last time and much more tired although still managing to get on with things, wont let this beat me. Jan... I have my third the same day as you and just thought i would give you a tip on hair, if you decide to shave it off don't do it too short. I would recommend grade 4 and then go shorter if needed. The lady who did mine did it with no guard on and it was really uncomfortable for about a week, really prickly and the hairs stuck in my head when i laid down and made wearing my wig uncomfortable and itchy. Julie .. glad to hear you were OK after third chemo, although we know its not too bad its something i don't look forward to except to think its another one less to go.
Love to all you ladies x x x

Highlighted

Chiara,
Hope this one is ok, we are all getting there!!!!!!!!!! yahoooooooooooooooooooo

For the first time since diagnosis , this week , Im actually beginning to feel some normalness and hopeful for the future, not that I was very miserable but do you all understand?

lol julie xxx

Highlighted

Hello again

good to hear from you Julie, hope you;re still feeling alright after your third fec, I'm now having it the day after tomorrow, so dreading it, but then it will 3/4 done, or 75%....almost there...need to hang on just a little bit longer.....

good thoughts and hugs to everyone

Chiara

Highlighted

Hi all
good on you Julie - my 3rd is Friday so am taking strength from you that it will be ok.
Have read that some find 3rd the worse one...

my hair is fallling out more now from day 16 after 2nd, it started on day 16 after 1st! had it trimmed to 2cm y'day! feels much better altho weird to have it done as \i have done it for my sons in the past....

Cold is going has been almost 2 weeks but better sleeps now.
fiddled with skin on little finger by cuticle (as I do) and got it infected! am keeping a plaster on - it does show how the immune system is hit by the chemo doesn't it

the other annoying thing is that i have started spotting again - 3 weeks after last period but at the mo it isnt a real one - menopausal...ahhh! just want it all to end now...bloated & painful stomach i dont need!!

have a good week
love to all
Jan

Highlighted

Hi everyone,
I had fec 3 on wednesday, and to be honest apart from wed pm when i was wiped out and as pale as the moon, ive felt ok ish, i started my anti sickness pills on wed night which made a difference, and i only take 1 and a half dex a day, half at 1 pm, so its not disturbing my sleep too much, got constipation tho, so fruit and smoothies are being piled in.
I went on a BCC healthy living day yesterday, lovely to meet other women in same place more than anything else, did tai chi, hand massage, nutrition session, lots of younger people there, or is it just that younger women want to do these kind of days more , i dont know.The haven in fulham was recommended for their complementary practices and its free, so for any one interested check out their web site.

love to you all girls, hang in there, do something nice this weekend, there is light.......
love Julie xxx

Highlighted

Thanks Chiara, your advice was very helpful and I have been more positive today. I hope you will be feeling better soon and back on track tho' I suppose it's a bit like postponing your driving test you have to go back to it somehow. Will you get a chance to rest thoroughly and recoup your strength? I am lucky being retired, though looking after Grandchildren etc but I am humbled by the way many people on here get on with their lives and deal with things with very little help. My back is now at the nagging like toothache stage rather than scream when I move so I reckon I' ll manage Mon. w'out painkillers if it continues to improve. Hope all the colds are going and best wishes to everyone love Jenny

Highlighted

Hi everyone

and thanks for the wishes and thoughts, its really nice to have so many paople think of you at these times.

Well, my chemo was cancelled as oncologist not happy at all about my situation, she wants me to recover fully before I continue, and I was quite relieved about that, as wasn't looking forward to that anyway. So I just had my weekly herceptin and went home.

Still on quite a few painkillers but things are (slowly) improving.

Jenny I know exactly how you feel, I get days when I try to be positive and all, and then you're unwell (like now) and I get terribly depressed and think "I can't do this anymore".....but we alwas find the strength to keep going yet another day......on my dark days I tr to alone as little as possible, I find being with friends helps a lot.

Julie I hope the chemo wasn't too bad, Jan hope your cold is better now!

all the best to the others I haven't mentioned!

Chiara

Highlighted

Sorry for above selfish rant. I hope all the colds and infections are getting better Jan and Chiara I do remember that waddle ! I have dentist appt tomorrow so hope nothing needs doing as it will have to wait according to leaflet from hosp.
All the best to all with next chemo.
Jenny

Highlighted

Hi I start FEC on Monday. I have to be there at 8.30 am. First I have to go through this form I was given with a checklist for how I am doing medically, socially, emotionally and mentally. I think the last 2 are same. Then I see the wig lady for first time then I have treatment . I have a tablet to take half an hour before start of treatment. How will I know when that is? I am really nervous as I am prone to many of side effects esp. constipation. I put my back out this week too and am living on painkillers. Will they be allowed or just add to the chaos in my body. Is 5% really worth all this ? and if anyone else says 'you are looking very well' !!!! I have rosacea which makes me rosy faced and I am overweight so I look like 'Rosie with Cider'. My hubby is stressed out as his mum didn't think we did well enough for her 100th party. Sorry about the rant but sciatica on top of everything is just the last straw. I have been trying to keep upbeat up to now.

Highlighted

Hi
chiara - thinking of you & take care

Julie - thinking of you - am wondering how different 3rd is from first 2....

think worked too hard y'day as was weepy & headachy, also fed up with cold & cough now - voice not back to normal yet either. temp ok but goes from 36.5 (my base line) to 37.2 in evenings then i start thinking should i get some antibiotice, then an hour or more later its gone down again. am taking paracetemol wjich is obviously working

will get a massage me thinks after next chemo...not on nhs tho...

relax today more...
hugs to all
jan

Highlighted

Hiya,
Take care tomorrow Chiara, my 3 rd is wednesday,
Hope you get the pants region sorted out soon,
take care everyone else,
love Julie xx

Highlighted

hello everyone

tomorrow is my third fec so I thought I'd get a look in as I won't be able to for a few days afterwards. I've not been well at all....some weird things happening in my intimate parts, different kinds of infections going on all att the same time, I haven't been able to sit properly for a week now, and I waddle like a pregnant lady (even giving birth didn't leave me in such a bad state...), so I'm on antibiotics and dreading tomorrow, last week my white cells had gone down a lot and not sure what's going to happen tomorrow....on the upside, my hair is incredibly growing back after 4 months...wonder if it'll start falling off again before end of chemo??

I hope everyone is 'reasonably' ok, good luck to anyone who has chemo this week.

take care
chiara

Highlighted

Hi all , my hair is starting to come out, now day 15 after 1st FEC, several strands at a time ugh!! Next FEC due 25th just want to get going and get them out of the way. Children are back at school so it is a bit quieter around the house, having a bit of space is nice.

will probable get hair cut this week, have a very nice wig but it is still in the bag in the cuboard, have bought a few head covers from ebay to wear around the house, still dreading it.

Got a bit of a sore throat and have broken a tooth !! have been told by chemo unit not to have any dental treatment for fear of intriducing infection but will have to see if i can have a temp filling or repair!! great.

Take care all
Sarah66

Highlighted

Hi all
its quiet on this thread - hope all are ok - Sandra, Kathy, Sarah, Lorna, Julie, NAdiya and others...

my cold is lingering and my energy last week was lower then Sunday i woke up and could hardly talk! Monday its was croaky so talking on the phone was quite difficult ha!
i had to chase my next chemo appt - bet you can believe that - then the following one falls on good friday - so was trying to sort out when it would be - course they cant be definite cos of my bloods - talked with my care nurse too
she was quite concerned about me but my temp has stayed down and am taking paracetemol regularly

we wanted a few days away after easter - also realising that its not school holidays this year it would be quiet BUT i could be having chemo on the Tuesday rather than Friday so its a bit rubbish
on the one hand i dont want to delay chemo cos i have an op within 6 weeks of 6th & last chemo and that takes us into June. so a break away is difficult - actually it doesnt help when i have a busy hubbie who has meetings and goes away regularly - so matching diaries is even more difficult - bummer really.

today my voice is very low - sexy? mmm but am still coughing, energy & concentration came back y'day so back to work - not too strenuous - writing reports

am crying more easily about things - anyone notice that?

i have an interview for a job that i really want on 6 march - they all know about my chemo but its 6 days after my 3rd - will let you all know so you can send me positive thoughts
this cycle i felt a bit more human about 8 days after chemo
i am now day 12 / 2 so immunity is down - had a sore throat overnight too - obviously fighting it somehow....temp only gone up half deg

great to hear from you chemo chicks
Jan

Highlighted

Hi all. not doing to bad after 2nd chemo but not quite as good as last time. No taste and feeling more queasy, think i am going to have to have smaller meals to see if it helps. Went to pick up wig on Tues and had head shaved at same time as i had bald patches all over and couldn't hide them anymore. It did not bother me too much at the time and the lady turned me away from the mirror and told me to look at home when i was ready. Looked at night and did not bother me too much but
it hit me next morning when going in the shower, what a sight no boobs and no hair, didn't feel i had a lot going for me, but a few more days on and i feel more used to it, although the wig makes my head itch like mad. (it probably would have been better if hair was a little longer underneath, it feels like it does when you have just shaved your legs, really short and stubbly.
Off to Blackpool tomorrow hope its not too windy on the front else someone else might end up wearing my wig!!!!!!!!
Hope you are all doing OK Love loads Sandra x x