Starting chemo, 24th June. Anyone else?

Hi
I’m starting chemo on the 24th June. I’m having EC and DOC. Any advice before I start. Do I need anything in particular. I’ve got lists as long as my nose of potential side effects and what to ring the hot line for. It all seems a bit scary but at least a plan is in place now.
Xx

Hi I had my first chemo on Tuesday morning.EC like you.
It was better than expected, I felt fine after for a few hours then I had to rest as I was really dizzy and despite the anti-sickness tablets was sick but only twice. The worst part for me was the nausea and headache. Restless night probably due to steroids and woke up heavy headed yesterday but as long as I kept up with my steroids and sickness tablets yesterday was fine.
Woke up today and feel ok too, so just need to take things steady and reSt when tired.
Good luck xx

Hi Foxy.
I’m glad it wasnt so bad for your first time. I guess it’s best to take each day as it comes. Is a nurse coming to visit you? My doctor told me that a nurse would come each time for 7 days after to administer a white blood cell booster. Are you having DOC next or just having EC for each cycle?
Keep in touch and let me know how you are getting on.
Good luck xx