Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting chemo 8th october

3 REPLIES 3
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Starting chemo 8th october

Hi - I too had chemo first to shrink the lump (started end April - finished end July!).  It's quite reasurring when you can actually see that it's getting smaller.  My oncologist insisted that I felt it regularly as it would help to put my mind a ease that chemo is actually working.  Once the first chemo was out of the way, I felt much more at ease.  I remember sitting with the nurse thinking 'wow can't believe I'm actually having chemo'. Yes your hair does fall out.  I did worry about this at the time. But once it did fall out I felt much better.  Got a nice wig called 'Shannon' which is really convincing.  Just tick each treatment off the calender one at a time.  It's quite surprising how quick it goes. My lump completely disappeared and had to have a marker injected into the area for when I had my surgery.   I wish you lots of luck and best wishes.  

Jo xxxx

mine shrank by 50% in 1 go. They couldn't find it to put the wire marker in.

Hi Smithy
Welcome to the BCC forums where you will soon have lots of support and shared experiences from your fellow users, there is an October thread started which you may be interested in joining, here's the link:

http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/October-Optimists-2013/td-p/771...

Our helpliners are on 0808 800 6000 and lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays with practical and emotional support for you so please feel free to call

The following link will take you to the 'Treatments' pages of the site where you will find lots of information and further support ideas which I hope you will find helpful through the coming months:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment?utm_source=Homepage&%3Butm_medium=help_you&%3Bu...

Take care
Lucy BCC

Starting chemo 8th october

Starting chemo before op to try and shrink lump ( named it Tommy ) not sure what to expect but will take one day at a time have received some good insight from reading the forum