Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting chemo July 2012

smc78

Re: Starting chemo July 2012

I thought we werent supposed to have natural yogurt? x
smc78

Stiz Sorry to hear about your redundancy, thats another problem u could do without right now. Are u going to look for something else or wait untill your recovery and how will this affect your financial situation now? I've had a constant headache for most of today too. 😞 x
Gadget__gal

those of you with a funny coated feeling in your mouth: try a spoonful of natural yoghurt. Sounds weird but it worked for me!

stiz

Hi all,

Glad your back everythingis rosie, my 2nd fec was much better on the sickness etc because of the emend but i have felt more tired, horrible mouth & constant headache.

Sian, I too had a down day yesteday just thought I was disappearing & all that is left of me is this dreaded horrid disease. I was also made redundant as of yesterday so it felt a bit that life is slipping away as I once knew it, picked up a bit today though.

Sensing you all love & hugs x

smc78

Hi all hope everyone is doing ok. I had a real down day yesterday and cried numerous times. I wanted to go for a walk to get out of the house as i felt like the walls were closing in on me but whenever i got ready it started to rain. I decided to go anyway in the end. I took some books back to the library then deliberately walked a longer route home. It was still raining and i eneded up crying while i was walking through the streets. I'd have been so embarrassed had anyone walked past me. I didnt want a fuss and didnt know why i was upset. Iguess things had just gotten to me and it was the 1st time i've felt like that since diagnosis. I had my hair shaved on Friday and was fine about it all weekend but suddenly had a wobble of confidence on Sunday and that carried on into yesterday so i think that was part of it. I felt a bit like a freak show when i went out. Nobody gave me more than a second glance so i know its all in my head and something i just need to deal with. I've been out into the local town with my family today and although i'm still not as confident as i was on Friday, my mood has definately picked up.

Rosie i've found my side effects this time around are different. Some like the sickness (twice instead of once) were worse, the actual nausea was less. I have been feeling well since the morning aftger chemo this time. Last time i had nausea untill day 3. I have found this time around that my taste for food and drink has changed. Most food tastes funny and i dont seem to be satisfied plus i've eaten a lot more and more often (damn steroids). I also feel like i've got a film around my mouth and the end of my tongue feels a bit tingly and like sandpaper. No mouth ulcers as yet but i'm bracing myself for them with my next dose. tHE majority of my hair fell out in the space of 4 days! Last Tuesday i had a full head of hair when i went for chemo number 2 but by the Friday morn i had barely anything left on top or around the sounds and the back had thinned a little. I decided Thursday night to go for the dreaded shave as i was sick of it. It looked so bad that i couldnt leave the house without a scarf on yet because i still had hair at the back the scarf wouldnt sit properly on my head. The hair was all over my house, on my bedding, clothes, carpets and floors even getting in my food accasionally. I spent so much time worrying about the hair loss that doing it felt like a relief. I have had a bit of a comedown since though as i've said so please make sure u are as prepared as u can be and comfortable with your decision before u do it.
I'm trying to arrange a LGFB date too and am really looking forward to it. The nearest session to me is Swindon which is about half an hour from where i live. There is something similar, more local to me with a different name so i assumed i would only be eligible for that but the hairdresser who sorted me out on Friday said i can apply for both. In her words 'how often do we get things for free!'

Sian X
jellytot83

Hi Ladies,

Hope everyone's doing okay. I'm a bit nervous as I have another biopsy tomorrow. When I was first diagnosed they just wanted to get going on chemo straight away once they had found the lump to be cancerous. Tomorrow they are looking at some microcalfications that I have which could pre cancerious cells, cancer or just nothing. Either way the chemo will be targeting those already but it's just another hospital appointment that I could really do without! Today was pre-chemo blood test, tomorrow biopsy and then Thursday is chemo #3. I suppose though, chemo #3 is my half way mark so that's a positive milestone.

Rosie - I found that my second FEC was slightly worse, the effects were pretty much the same as the first one except I was sick this time round whereas I wasn't on the 1st one and I also found I was more tired. Not much hair fell out this time round though whereas it did on the first one. If you read back through the posts on here, most people lost their hair around days 11-17 after the first FEC so I think it's really positive if you still have your hair now.

I've just booked myself onto Look Good Feel Better for the end of August so I think that's a real treat to look forward to 🙂 I'd urge all you girls to do the same, I've been told you get invaluable help and also a goodie bag worth around £200!

Jelly
xx
everythingisro

hi every one,
have not had a chance to go online due to my two little ones taking up every second of any time i have i cant turn computer on because then they just want to get at it. Looks like ive missed loads i think your all few weeks ahead of me so the side effects that occur further down the line havent fully happened to me yet but i am truly dreading the hair falling out, its shedding at the moment i leave it up in a pony tail and dare not touch it, its always on my pillow and bathroom floor i know its going but its upsetting me and i cant bare to think ahead or be brave like you all are with the shaving i cant do it.
ive been feeling pretty low today i think maybe its the panic thought of my next chemo happening on thurs that will be my second one, i pray i still have hair by then. For now i can still get away with not looking 'ill' but i know once hair goes i wont leave the house at all. thank you stiz for the Emend tip i will definetly be requesting something stronger as really dont want the nausea/vomiting again. been crying all morning feel like this road will never end. has anyone changed their diet or seen a nutrisionist who they can recommend based in London. Did you find after your second chemo your side effects were pretty much the same as the first time or does it get worse. bah!!!! i'm freaking my self out hate this!
stz, sian, joyce, donna, jelly and all of you who are going through this pants episode thank you for being on here and helping get through it together. i will post thurs when sitting for hours in chemo room!! tomo have my prothesis appt. more tears!!!! xxxxxxx
jellytot83

Hi Donna,

I was just posting the same thing 🙂

I was too busy this weekend to post! Had my best friend from university and her fella down for the weekend, haven't seen her since I got diagnosed so was fab to see her. We all went to an airshow on the beach in Eastbourne on Saturday which was lovely and then on Sunday we went for a 6km walk on the South Downs. Then my fiancé & I watched the Clsoing Ceremony 🙂 As a result I am super tired today (& decided to come into work - I will prob pay for it tomorrow!) but today other than feeling tired, I am fairly symptom free - hoorah 🙂

Not sure if anyone has seen this link http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/community/forums/undergoing-treatment-chemotherapy/happy-bags?pag... one of the Breast Cancer Care ladies called Pixie is raising money for Cancer Research by selling little bags called Happy Bags. They're only £2 and are really sweet - I got 5 and have given them out to people who have helped me along this journey so far - I already want to order some more 🙂

Jelly xxx
smudge65

Hi All

Hope we've all been quiet because we've been enjoying the last of the olympics and the sun and not cos of site problems or ses. For anyone suffering hugs xx My hair's near enough gone now and for me it's been the hardest thing so far, feel and look like an old woman and boy my wig was too hot to wear yesterday so had to come home after just one shop, not like me at all 🙂

Love to all Donna xx

Daysy

Hi
Had trouble posting yesterday. Better luck now!
Just to say "good for you" Sian. It must be very traumatic losing your hair. Mine's coming out in shed loads now. Think I'll have to have the big shave on Monday. I think it will cause me more worry than losing my boob. At least no one knows (if I get the bra right!) For a woman your hair is your "shining glory" or so they say. I shall feel very vulnerable without my fringe to hide behind. Also the colour. At the moment its got a bit of grey but it's mostly mousey with blond highlights. Which makes me look quite blond. Will it come back totally grey? .... I suppose it will
Anyway Sian you're a star!
Take care everyone
Joycex

smc78

Well i finally did it and got my head shaved today and have to say it feels great and so proud of myself for getting through it. I cried this morn even though it was my decision and i wanted it done. My mum came over and we both cried then i went to the hairdressers to get my wig trimmed and my sister came along but walked out of the shop in tears while the lady was shaving me so it was emotional all round. I'm relieved its done now and feel so free. I wasnt confident in my wig before it was trimmed but i love it now and kept it on while we went for a pub lunch afterwards. I went round to see friends when we got back and took off the wig for the 1st time in front of others and i've sent photos to friends. Everyone says i suit it and they love my wig too. I've always been told i've got lovely eyes and the 1st thing i noticed was how blue they look now i have no hair. Mine is very white too on top Stiz and i still have a little bit of fuzz in patches but the hairdresser said that will come out eventually too. I feel like i've crossed another hurdle today and even felt well enough to have a cheeky half a cider with my lunch to celebrate. 🙂
Hope everyone else has had a good day.
Sian x
stiz

Hi all, having real trouble posting again.

Had my 2nd fec yesterday & they gave me the emend anti sick which is excellent, haven't felt sick at all and been able to carry on as normal, I was sick for 3 days last time & could not leave the house, my nurse told me they don't give the emend to everyone because the normal anti sick usually works and only costs 8p for the whole coarse where as emend costs £56 for 3 tablets so if you are struggling just call them and ask for it, you need to take the 1st tablet an hour before chemo.

Hi Littleowl, welcome, it's seems that we are following a similar path, I too had 2 ops resulting in an mx.
great news Jellytot about the shrinkage & no not heard anything from everythingisrosie either maybe she's having problems posting again, I know I am.

As for the hair, I am totally bald now, got my OH to razor the ramaining stubs off yesterday & feel great now but not brave enough to go out without a scarf as where my hair was is so white compared to my face x

love & hugs to everyone & hope all are well soon x

smc78

Smudge be prepared hunny. I had a full head of hair on Monday but now i have barely anything on top or at the sides and a little round the back. I've cried a few tears this morn but more coz i'm worried about my sons reaction when he comes home next week and the fact its only taken 5 days. Last night i deliberatly brushed out what i could as i just want it gone now. I want to be able to brave my baldness in public. I dont feel confident enough to leave the house uncovered at the mo so have worn scarves for last 2 days. A lot of hair came off with them though and they can feel a bit warm especially in this warm weather. Good luck with your blood test today, Thinking of u. x
smudge65

Hi All
smc i had my 2nd dose on wednesday and like you am shedding madly but want to keep hold of it for as long as poss, the wig is ready and waiting tho :), got to go back today as my calcium levels too high so more blood being taken.

hope everyone is feeling ok, and can enjoy the sun, and good luck for anyone having treatment today x

smc78

Hi ladies, i 'm loving how busy this thread is becoming now and that we are all days away from each other in regards to treatment. It really helps when u know people are doing the same journey. Its funny how although there are similarities we are all on different drugs and have different side effects but then thats the biggest lesson that i learnt after diagnosis. Cancer is like our fingerprints and everyones case is an indivdual.

My hair started to come out very slowly on day 14 of FEC 1 but it has majorly fallen out over the last 3 days. I had FEC 2 on Tuesday. On Monday the parting in my hair was probably an inch wide in places. By Tuesday i had a small patch of baldness at the crown and the parting had grown to 2 inches or more in places with thinning underneath' around my ears and my face. I put on a scarf in the afternoon and my dad popped round so i took it off to show him my hair loss and took some of the hair off with it. I put it back on, popped out to do some errands and was shocked when i took it off the 2nd time as loads of hair came off with it then. Today i look like Mr Baldy lol. I have a bit of length and thickness at the back and sides although its bald underneath in places but the top of my scalp is practically hairless now. I have an appointment at lunchtime tomorrow to get my wig trimmed so i'm thinking of asking the hairdresser to take off the leftovers if they will. I'd highly reccomend some of the videos on youtube for tips on how to tie scarves. I have saved 3 of them and keep re watching them and having a practise so i'll be an expert in no time.
Joyce-Hallelujah! i am having the constant hunger too and wasnt sure if i was just being greedy or if it was a sympton. I've tried to be good today and had some fruit but it didnt go so i resorted to a small box of chocs a friend bought me then felt guilty afterwards. I've been for a long walk today so have redeemed myself slightly.
Jelly- i'm very jealous of your massage. I'd love one. At my 1st chemo session i was offered some treatment but the lady didnt get round to seeing me before i left and nothing was mentioned at my 2nd session. Maybe i should ask about it next time. Great news about your tumour shrinkage. I was told on Monday when i saw Onc that 1 of my tumours ( i have 2 in same breast) is at least 5 and half cm but after examining me Onc seems to think it feels softer already so thats a good sign i guess.
If Everythingisrosie is reading this then i hope u are not suffering too badly and wish u well. Come and let us know how u are if u feel up to it but if not just know that we understand that too and are thinking of you.
Hugs to all. Another day over with. 🙂
Sian x
jellytot83

Little Owl - my Erika is from TrendCo, their range called Amore, good taste if yours is the same 🙂 xx
jellytot83

Has anyone heard from everythingisrosie? She popped on her nervous as anything before her first FEC but not heard from her since? Xx
hazza81

Hi girlies,
The world seems a better place today, nausea has nearly gone, with no tablets taken, I think the cyclizine was making me feel dizzy and tired. When you feel like poo it's hard to see an end in sight, then when you perk up a bit, it doesn't seem so bad!
Thanks for the words of wisdom girls,
Littleowl welcome to our little group, my chemo is on the same day as yours, hope you feel ok a week on!
So pleased for your tumour shrinkage news jelly tot, good to know that the drugs work!
Daysy yes I've got the hunger too, an entire bag of tortilla and dip scoffed this afternoon, hoping there might be some antioxidants in there to make me feel less guilty.
Lots of hugs xox
smudge65

Jellytot good news, happy for you 🙂 xx

jellytot83

Hi Julyers,

Just been for my massage, bliss.

Also had my oncologist appt, they went to measure the lump, which was 3.5cm x 3.5cm at the start, then 3cm x 3cm after FEC #1, now..... the oncologist struggled to find it 🙂 she said it's still there as she can find one end of it but she can't find the other as it's shrunk so much 🙂 SO delighted, makes all the minging SEs worth it!

Jelly
Xx
Daysy

Good Afternoon everyone - gorgeous day here in NW hope your're basking in sunshine too. Should be sitting in the sun but it's not allowed so will make do with a shady spot when I've said hello.
Welcome Little Owl....I'm on the same - 3FEC then 3 Tax. Then Herceptin I'm day 17 after 1st FEC. Had very few SEs and hair only just beginning to fall out. Wonder what the next session will bring.
Anyone experiencing constant hunger? Not a SE I'm happy with. I've already gained a pound or two since my 1st chemo. I'll have to cut down on the afternoon scones.
Hope all the July "seconders" are OK and not suffering too badly so far
Hugs to everyone
Joycex

CoachK

Hi all - seems like round 2 has hit some hard - hope it is easing off.
Woke up with a sore scalp days ago and hair is shedding gently (2 weeks since fec 1). No patches yet but have scarves and hats ready. Still not sure about a wig. I think I will shave it all off this weekend as I have fec no2 next week and don't want hair everywhere as well as the sickness etc. Hoping this will ease the pain too!
I went to a local group last night and met a load of lovely ladies - one of whom I popped into in town today. It was great to hear from people in all different places in the journey and have some amazing support.
Love to all.
Kirsten

rozvi

Hi Lovely Ladies,
Hazza81,Maggie and SMC78, I also have a mix of drugs,Dexamethasone 2 tabs twice a day for 2 days,
Ondansetron one tab twice a day for 4 days, then Metoclopramide one or twothree times a day or when required,
I was sick on the first night but after that not bad, just the sicky feeling, so have my decond dose a week today,
Smudge65, champagne sounds good to me, its my favourite.
Enjoy the massage Jellytot83, SMC78 I am 13 days post first chemo and today my hair has started to fall out
in avangance, I have been for my wig and they put a net over my hair and when they took it off I nearly fainted.
Having said that they were brill, private room, let me talk about what I wanted, cut it, styled it and it looks like me,
so for someone who didnt want one think Ive been converted, mind you I was there two hours.
Love to all
Roz

AlixJ

Hi all
Just popping in from the May thread to wish you all well.
Also wanted to say that I was very sick after first fec (I'm having 6 x fec), for every fec since I've been given Emend as well as Ondansetron and Cyclizine or Metoclopramide. The chemo nurse call Emend 'the wonder drug' and said she'd never known anyone actually be sick on it, and although I've felt nauseous and a bit dizzy after 2, 3 & 4, I haven't actually been sick, which is great. I think Emend is expensive, which is why they don't offer it as a matter of course. I lost about half a stone after first treatment, which may be why they offered it to me. Definitely worth asking for it if you're suffering. You take it for three days, first one an hour before your chemo, then one each on the next 2 mornings.
Wishing you all the best for the rest of your treatments - you're getting there!
Big hugs,
Alix xx
smc78

Thanks for that i'll bear it in mind. I've got 1 more dose of Fec then i start the dreaded Tax so i'll definately ask for help if i need it. The chemo unit makes much more sence than seeing GP i suppose. x
Gadget__gal

@smc78 - I got a prescription from the chemo unit. I was in a lot of pain that day and couldn't walk, so when I phoned up they see me to come in and be checked. The unit phoned my consultant for a quick chat and them they gave me a presciption for painkillers and a high dose of vitamin B6.
in my case it wasn't just the granocyte, the Tax caused me problems too. But I found there's less explanation needed with chemo unit than with my GP. 🙂

smudge65

Me again, chemo brain just realised the Ranitine is for anti-indigestion, for some reason reminds me of rentokill and i squirm every time i have to take it !!

smudge65

Hi All
Madjock I seem to be on a fair cocktail of anti-sickness, Domperidone for 5 days, Cyclizine for 5 days, Dexamethasone for 2 days, Ondansetron for 3 days, and Ranitidine for 5 days but they work no nausea or sickness first time, and only second day on 2nd dosing but so far so good.
Smc i've not shaved my head yet, its shedding like anything, seems to come out big time when i wash it so going for the grungy look :), keep a scarf in my bag just in case a clump flys off when i;m out. Guess it's only going to be a matter of days but got to find someone who won't get upset to do it.
Jellytot I had a picc line put in before my 2nd dose as nurse said veins can collapse and cause pain, might be worth thinking about, it honestly didn't hurt.
Little Owl, hello, you are just a little ahead of me too, having the same treatment as you 3fec/3tax. Hope you are coping ok.
Hope everyone is well enough to enjoy some sun.
Donna xx

smc78

Maggie i have all 3 of those drugs u mentioned and have to take them for 3 days after chemo. I take them religiously as they said its easier to prevent the sickness than treat it once it arrives. I'm not a big fan of taking 15 tablets a day (i also have Omeprazole capsules) but as its only for 3 days i do as i'm told and it is for a reason. Everytime i see Domperidone i think of champers too. Maybe i'll buy a bottle after treatment lol. I'm a bit shocked at how much my hair has fallen out yesterday and i'm dying to shave it off but as my son is away with his dad and isnt back untill next week i want to try and hang on to whatevers left untill he returns. He was worried about my hair loss and we've spoken on the phone about him shaving the remainder. I'm hoping it will help him feel more involved and deal with it better although i know its going to be a massive shock for my poor boy.

J Welcome along to the group. 🙂 How are u doing ref side effects and hair loss although i see u have a wig already? We are having the same chemo and u are just under a week ahead of me.
Fec 2 Day 3 for me today and i feel fab again ( although it is early still). Who'd have thought it but i wont complain. Hope everyone is as well as can be and has a good day.
Sian x
LittleOwl

Hello, can I join in please?
I am 36 and was diagnosed in May, had WLE to remove what they thought was 2cm tumour + ANC. Results from that showed that the 2cm lump was actually 8+cm, so I had to go back and have a mastectomy. Cancer was found in 4 lymph nodes too.

Finally started my chemo in July after a couple of false starts due to my scar not healing too well. My treatment is 3 x FEC and 3 x T. I am currently on day 8 following FEC number 2.

I've tried to join in previously but have had problems posting on the forums, however it looks like it's now fixed (fingers crossed!)

I will come back at a more sociable hour, but just wanted to say hi!

Jellytot - I think we may have the same wig! Mine is Erika too!

J xx
Madjock

Evening all
Smudge - I was given Dexamethasone and Ondansetron (and told to take these for 2 days only). I was also given domperidone and told to only take these if I still felt nauseous. Of course first time round I had no SEs so didn't need the domperidone and the sick feeling second time around came as a shock to the system and I didn't even think about taking it - brain dead. But I'll be ready for it if it happens next time!!
Sian - I took the last of my hair off the evening I had my second dose so I lasted the full 3 week interval between doses. I really couldn't have left it much longer anyway as it was coming out in great clumps - my daughter took great delight in starting it off by giving me a mohican (now I know what a grey haired punk looks like). I'm used to it now but it gets a bit nippy round the ears of an evening. I know exactly what you mean about feeling guilty that you're feeling good - that's how I felt first time round.
Jellytot - understand about the sore veins, my hand still feels bruised and a wee bit red round the wrist, also starting to get a pain in my upper arm (like I've been bruised although not bruised). Well I've got another 2 weeks to heal so they can batter my body again! Hope all goes well at your onc meeting and I'm really glad that you enjoyed your session with the support group. Enjoy the massage and take all the pampering you can get.
Goodnight all, sleep well
Maggie

smc78

For all those girls on 2nd dose how is your hair doing? Mine is majorly shedding now and i've had to resort to a scarf today. It was thinning around my parting anyway and i was getting paranoid about it but when i took off the scarf it took even more of my hair of with it! I now have a bald patch at the crown, my parting is about 2 inches wide and they hair around my ears is very thin. still have length and thickness at the back though but for how much longer? I'm not having head cooling by the way.
Sian x
smc78

Gadget Gal do u get that from the hospital or your GP? i only had the pains for 1 day. I'd had a friend round late the night befroe and even though i was shattered i was too polite to ask the to leave so just put it down to being a bit overtired as well as slight side effects. x
smudge65

Hi Ladies

2nd dosing for me today, so sorry to hear a lot of you are suffering hope the ses sod off really soon and you all feel better. Madjock why do you only take domperidone when desperate (i always think of champagne when i see the label), i have been taking it as prescribed three times a day and for the first does didn't have any side-effects, will report back later on how this one goes. Jellytot good luck with the onc meeting.

Love to all xx

jellytot83

Hi Ladies,
I'm almost 2 weeks post FEC #2 & starting to feel 'normal' again, had a good friend over today and we watched some Olympics, played scrabble, chatted & practised putting scarves on, nice to have a dose of normality.
I have definitely found this FEC harder than the last one so think #3 might be worse again, who knows though huh?
Tomorrow I have a free massage courtesy of my young women's support group & then I have a meeting with my oncologist to discuss my symptoms from this round. I'm defo asking for something to help me poop! Going to see if there is something stronger than omeprazole as it didn't really work for my indigestion. I'm also going to ask about something called Hirudin (not sure on spelling) which is supposed to help with vein pain - not sure if any of you have had sore arms/veins but apparently this is supposed to help. They'll also be measuring my lump sofingers crossed it's shrunk again - it feels to me like it has but we'll see.
Hugs to my fellow Julyers (can you believe we're already in August?!)
xXx
Gadget__gal

Sian, if the granocyte pain becomes too much to bear, codeine might help. I was prescribed 30mg with 1 gram paracetamol

smc78

Hi Maggie and Hazza i had FEC number 2 yesterday and was rough last night but feel great today! I was beginning to think i'd got off lightly this time but judging by your posts it could take a few days to kick in. I left the ward at 2pm and felt a little woozy and tired. The nausea didnt kick in untill about 8pm and i was sick at practically the same time as my 1st dose at 9.30pm. I got up out of bed to get something and was very unsteady on my feet and more woozy than earlier. I actually felt like i was drunk! I couldnt sleep for most of the night then was sick again at 6.30am. I was only sick once last time so that took me by suprise especially as this morning it came out of nowhere whereas last night and with my 1st dose i'd had nausea for a while beforehand. As i said though i feel fine now, no nausea at all and cant believe after a rough night i feel so well. I had nausea up untill day 3 last time and minor constipation. Have u suffered with that? I had the funny taste in my mouth on day 3 but it only lasted that 1 day. I think day 6 was my worst day last time as i have Granocyte injections from days 5-11. The side effect of that drug is aching bones and the morning after my 1st jab i felt like i'd been run over by a truck. My whole body hurt, was achy and tired. Apart from headaches on days 8 and 9 i was fine from there on. Hazza i'm dreading number 3 and number 4 to be honest. I hate actually being sick and the nausea feeling from chemo and i'm having Taxotere for 4, 5 and 6 which is a stronger type so even though i've not had side effects as bad as you i'm worried i could react baldy to the stronger chemo. Maggie i'm sorry you are suffering too. Its sounds silly but i feel guilty that i feel better than both of u but i suppose its still early day. Hugs to you both.
Sian x
Madjock

Hi Hazza
I'm now 8 days post 2nd fec and I am only now beginning to feel human. I was OK for first couple of days but by Friday I was feeling rough, spent about 4 days mooching from bed to sofa to bed. I was even reduced to taking the domperidone (desperation) but I think I maybe left it too late and was probably on my way to recovery when I took them. I wasn't physically sick but I wished I could have been. Speak to your own GP asap as he should be able to give you something for the nausea,
Like yiou I had very little SEs first time round so wasn't expecting to be hit at all.
Sorry you're still feeling bad and can offer only sympathy but do keep drinking as much as you can and don't forget to keep an eye on your temperature.
Take care
To all the lovely ladies suffering SEs, chin up, it will ease (although I would have willingly punched anyone who told me that at the weekend!)
Maggie

hazza81

Hi girls,
I'm day 7 since chemo number2 and I'm still trying to control the nausea with a combo of 2 tablets have just run out of the good ones and am panicking about tomorrow. Did any of you girls still have nausea after aweek? What anti sickness tabs are you on?
Got off lightly last time it seems! Dreading number three now.
Hope you girls are fairing better!
Love and hugs xox
jellytot83

Hi Ladies,

Found a useful website just now and thought I would share http://www.mynewhair.org/Home.aspx

Jelly
xx
rozvi

Hi All,
Lesley just been reading your post about you being in hospital, god it just goes to show how suseptiable we all are, when sometimes we are feeling ok, Lesley hope you are getting on fine now.
Stiz, I know that being made redundant feeling, its not good, but what a lovley thing booking the holiday is for you and your family to look forward to.
Joyce, so clad to hear you are having min se's, I have always had short hair but had it cut even shorter and spiky in reddiness for it falling out.
My OH is sssssssoooooo protevtive of me at the moment, but did get a ride out in the car yesterday, although he wouldnt let me out of it, so just bideing my time untill my escape ha ha
Love to you all
Roz

jellytot83

Hi Donna,

It was pound stretcher not poundland, wouldn't want you to waste a trip. It as one from JML, you can get them in Robert Dyas too but for £3.99, the one below is the one I found in pound stretcher for £2.99 (image is from the Dyas website):

http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/P~148798~JML-Bandarf

Jelly
Xx
smudge65

Hi All

Sorry to hear some ladies not feeling too good, hope everyone soon feels better. Right i'm off to Poundland tomorrow fake buff hunting. Had my picc line in today and then got extremely lost going to Norfolk to see my mum, and then got even more lost coming home, at last count we went through 5 counties, some more than once!!!!!a long day but lots of laughing in the car with my lovely sister. Got 2nd chemo Weds and not looking forward to it 😞

Off to bed, hope you all get some lovely sleep and some sun tomorrow.

Donna xx

stiz

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the tip Jellytot will have to find a poundstretcher.
Well got to day day 18 after my 1st fec & lost my hair but it feels so much better, it was so sore.
Welcome Roz, I have never joined anything online before but I find this thread helpful, as I am not alone in this journey & we can all get through this together.
I was made redundant 2 weeks ago, bad timing so I have booked a holiday to Lanzarote for the family in February when hopefully most of my treatment will be done so at least my 2 little boys have something to look forward to.

Healing hugs to all xxxx

Daysy

Welcome to the chemo club Roz!
Sorry to hear what's happened but chemo need not be all that bad. I'm on my 13th day after 1st sess. I think I've been lucky . Few side effects apart from nausea and fatigue and still have head of (spiky, coarse ) hair.
Ginger beer/ cordial helped with nausea too.
Mind you who knows what next sessions will bring. It's a great supportive thread. Keep in touch
Joycex

jellytot83

Hi Ladies,

In one of my posts i mentioned things called Buffs - I've just been into my local poundstretcher and they had exact copies of buffs called Bandarfs and they're only £2.99 (Buffs are about £13).

Just thought I would share 🙂

x
jellytot83

Roz,

Healing hugs and welcome to the July gang, we're a friendly bunch here so you are most definitely welcome aboard

xx
rozvi

Hi Ladies, I have been reading the July thread with much interest, and felt that I didnt really want to contribute but now feel very differently having read what some of you lovely ladies have been going through.
I have been on other threads and my history is on here somewhare but just a quick update, was diagnosed in Dec 2005 with BC and secs in bones when left hip fractured, put through menopause and then on 10 zometa and Arimidex, zometa changed to Ibandronic acid tabs. sailed along for the next 6.5 years going to my 4 monthly appointments expecting onc to say 'see you in four months'. (stupid girl, head in sand and all that, after all he did tell me 2-6 years) then in April tumour markers had risen slightly, another blood test booked for two months, risen slightly again, CT and Bone scan booked, three small spots on liver found, I was devestated, not so my onc, 'uv never had chemo, it will work, stop worrying, god love him.
So here I am day 11 post first EC chemo, not good first week, but begining to feel better in the mornings at least, been eating lots of M&S chopped up fruit, rinseing mouth with mouthwash, eating ginger biscuits, my friend bought me a tin of Simpkins Citrus Gingers and they are good for taking away that sicky feeling, takeing my temp, pulling my hair to see if it is falling out, got wig referall but not sure, used to be a hairdresser in my younger days so could always tell so might just stick to scarfs.
I am sure you ladies have had enough of me going on, on a lighter note I have been to the loo ok.
I hope you all dont mind me joining in on your journey, I know its a bit late.
Love and hugggssss to you all
Roz

stiz

Morning Ladies,

Haven't been able to reply to any posts on here for days so sorry not been in touch. Shocked to hear about the temperature issues a few of you have had, I wasn't even told to take my temp, certainly am now. I am due for my 2nd fec on Thurs and dreading it after being so sick the 1st time. Friday woke with a swollen tongue & was struggling to eat or drink, rang hosp & they said I had oral thrush so went docs & now got some anti fungal stuff anyone else had this? also mentioned about my sickness & she said they would give me something called emends? has anyone had this & did it work?

Big hugs to everyone & hope you all feel better soon x

smc78

Oh Maggie i feel for you. Go and rest while you can. I've been feeling absolutely fine for the last week or so but am having my 2nd dose of fec on Tuesday and not looking forward to it. I was sick the night i had my 1st one. There is nothing worse than the nausea and i had the bone aches on day 6 too. Hugs for you too.
Sian x