373782posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting chemo July 2012

smc78

Re: Starting chemo July 2012

Morning Jelly. Glad to hear you are doing ok. I didnt bother with the false lashes last night for my friends party. Was a mad rush getting ready and i didnt have time so didnt bother in the end. i take it u havent had the injections at all so far? I've been having them from days 5-11 during my fec. Be prepared to feel a bit rough tomorrow hun. The side effects are bone ache and i always hurt the day after the 1st jab. The 1st time i had the jabs was awful, i felt like i'd been run over and didnt move off the sofa all day. The 2nd time i started them wasnt as bad as i knew what to expect. This time round i had the bone ache for 2 days. On the 1st day it hurt to even touch my body. A bit like when u press on a bruise. The 2nd day was milder so not so bad. I know everyone is different but i thought u might want to know just in case u get it too. I took my 1st set of injections ar 4pm. As i had the bone ache a chemo nurse suggested i have them before bed so thats what i've been doing and it does seem to be better. I inject myself and would reccomend u try it after a few days as it means your not stuck in waiting for the nurse every day. I was very nervous at 1st and pricked my finger on the 1st 2 attempts then spilt the liquid on the 3rd! U soon get the hang of it and its a breeze now. Well i hope the nurse turns up soon. Mine didnt come to flush my picc line on Tuesday untill 4pm so i wasted a whole day waiting in.
Enjoy your day. Sian x
jellytot83

Hi Ladies, just tosays I was told that if you're having false eyelashes, you need some of your own eyelashes to fix them to still. Also, you eye area can become more sensitive so please do a patch test with the eyelash glue before you fully use them just in case.

Still doing okay on t, legs a little sore but so far no constipation or heartburn. I'm supposed to be having the district nurse out today to give me granocyte injections but no contact from them yet, bloody irritating, feel that I shouldn't have to be chasing at a time like this and they should be looking after me - ho hum!

Xx
smc78

Hi Roz and welcome back. I have a leather sofa too so i get what u mean by the cold on your head although in this heat its sometimes quite nice. I find it cold walking through the chilled aisles in the supermarket too!

Smudge i'm off to a friends birthday party tonight and have already lost a lot of my eyelashes so think i'm going to try some false ones as its a special occasion.

Jelly how are doing? I've been thinking about u and hoping Tax is being kind to u.

Enjoy the sunshine ladies, Sian x
rozvi

Hi Lovely Ladies,
Sorry not posted for a while, but I am still here, and have been a lurker, but just couldnt find the energy to comment, there have been some ups and downs on this thread and some of us going through some difficult times, but hopefully we all will bounce back. isnt it strange how we all have differant se's and how it affects us differently, I have been in bed most of the time, only week three do I feel any better, but today, second day after third dose, I am feeling great, up at 7, breakfast and showered, lets hope it lasts. I got my sister to shave my head after dose 2 as oh was complaining about hair in bed and I feel so much better, it cold when sitting on settee as it is leather so have to pull collar up.
Hope you all have a good weekend, sun is out. xxxx
All my love Roz

smudge65

Jelly
Two left, on the downward hill, hope that feels as good as it sounds, and really hoping that tax is kind to you, and all of us. I hope your wedding is giving you something lovely to focus on, how exciting, i hope we are all still in touch so we can virtually celebrate with you 🙂 Thank you for taking the time to share re the hair, i've decided to just take one day as it comes and if it becomes too silly to keep will cut it off, but don't think i'll shave it. Going to look into false eyelashes as i've heard we can lose them, and that will really affect me and getting out and about and feeling okish.
Hope everyone is well and can enjoy, hopefully, a lovely sunny weekend. I plan to potter in the garden and finally find out what is so wonderful about Mr Grey in 50 Shades. Love to all xx

jellytot83

4 down 2 to go 🙂 Had T this morning and feel okay-ish at the moment, feeling like I'm waiting for the SEs to,kick in but for now alright.
Donna, they told me at the hair advice group last night that it was very individual, that if I wanted to keep it (as I'm like u, baldy on top and wispy round the edges). I feel more comfortable having a bit of hair, no matter how sparse. I got told that if my treatment is on schedule and finishes end October as it's supposed to I should have a covering of hair again by Christmas and that by the time my wedding comes round in April I could have a pixie cut à la Emma Watson/Natalie Portman.

Xx
smc78

Hi girls lovely to hear from u Rosie. Sorry to hear you had a bad time with the hairloss but really glad to see u back here again. Coachk i bet u enjoyed Cornwall especially in the sunshine. I got a little sunburn on my head when i was away at the Isle Of Wight a couple of weeks back. It wasnt bad and didnt hurt but it was rather pink for a few days so please girls do wear suncream if u are braving it. I've learnt my lesson now and carry some around eith me ehen its nice weather. As for me i've been out with s pregnant workfriend today. We walked her dog for about an hour then went back to hers for some lunch. I'm shattered again though. I've slept for an hour already this evening. I'm really shocked how such small activity wears me out so much. are u suffering side effects? Chemo number 1 wasnt too bad, 2 was the worst and 3 seems to be very mild and the best so far. On the downward spiral to number 4 now though. I cant believe its almost 3 months since i was diagnosed. Its gone really quick and so much has happened.
Love and hugs.
Sian x
smudge65

Hi All
Nice to have some ladies back :), Jelly I would be interested to hear what they say about getting rid of the rest of hair as i've not shaved mine and have a very thin covering on top and longer bits around the sides. You are taking a lot of steroids compared with me, i've been given 4 for the day before and 4 for the day itself, will be interesting to see if we react any differently.
Love to all Donna xx

jellytot83

Hi Ladies,

Hope you're all doing okay, hope Cornwall was fab Coach.

I meant to say, on Saturday it was my friend's 30th birthday and I wore my wig Erika, I got lots of compliments on it. Felt kinda brave wearing it and felt like everyone was looking at me but I'm proud to have overcome that hurdle 🙂

I'm buzzing a bit at the moment as have taken my 8 steroids for the day before T! I have to take another 8 tomorrow and then another 8 on Saturday, am gonna be rattling. Nervous about tomorrows T but then I'll only have 2 left, wooooooo!

I have my 2nd Young Women's group tonight, we're gonna be chatting to someone from My New Hair www.mynewhair.org which is a service set up by Trevor Sorbie. They offer wig cutting and hair advice & cutting to people suffering hair loss through alopecia and/or cancer. Let me know if I can ask any questions for anyone? I'll report back later/tomorrow with any hints/tips/advice etc. I still have some (pirate stylée) hair left, am bald in middle on the top but I have hair around the edges so I'm going to ask advice re whether I should get rid of what's round the sides otherwise when the top grows back I'll have a mullet 😉 !

Jelly xx
CoachK

I haven't been on for a while as busy in the school holidays and visited friends in Cornwall last week. Ihave had third FEC75 yesterday and SEs have been pretty minimal. Coping with no hair - even went bald for a bit on the beach last week (with suntan lotion of course). Will catch up with posts later but just wanted you to know I am still here!!!

everythingisro

Hi everyone not been online for a while, I see that the side effects are all kicking in! If it gets rid of the cancer then am happy to take it for a short period of time. I am actually posting from chemo lounge have just had my third fec, have to come back on 27th sept for the T one and he reception, so dreading that onecab cause it's a different drug so new side effects. Haven't been online for a while as it did take me a very long time to adjust to life without hair, I think when that happened that was the point I had a mini melt down and just had to be left alone for a few weeks, I was mortified when it all just went I think it was the first time I may have realised how serious it all was even after my dble mastectomy I didn't feel as bad, I think it's because you can do your best to cover that up but when your hair goes its just the worst feeling that you can never prepare for there's always that little bit of hope that it just won't happen. How were you alyo after your third fec were the se any different? I just don't want to be sick they prescribed Emend last time and that seemed to work.
hope your all feeling better as time goes on although I know I for one at this moment in time feel like its never ending
Big hugs to you
Xxx
smc78

Thankyou Joyce. In regards to how i feel physically i'd say i'm about 90%. I only seem to have the funny taste in my mouth although its a lot milder than last time. I've been more tired this time but i have been more active recently. In terms of my emotional/mental state i'd say its lower maybe 75 at a push. I looked in the mirror yesterday and felt that my face looks rounded. I have barely have any eyelashes yet my eyebrows are still clinging on for dear life. I've gained weight due to only being able to tolerate certain foods and drinks and steroids of course. Yesterday when getting dressed i changed my outfit 3 times before finally settling on something to wear. I felt that most of my clothes made me look quite masculine and i needed to reclaim my identity and womanhood by wearing a dress. I've noticed more people staring at me in public recently when i go out bald and i was a little fed up with not being able to work due to this disease. Sometimes i feel like it rules me not the other way around. i know i'm having a moan but really i'm not that bad. i guess i am very lucky as i have loads of support from friends and family. i hope u are all enjoying hhe sun where possible.
Sian xx
smudge65

Hi All
Hope everyone is feeling ok.
Jelly, will be thinking of you on Friday, think you're the first one to have the tax hope it's kind to us all. I'm in Bedfordshire, shame we are spread all over.
Sian - I had a good day at work today, and a couple of children asked why I had something on my head (wearing a bandana) and what the bandage on my arm was for (covering [picc line). I just told them that the Drs had to give me medicine that made my hair fall out, but that it would grow back - the boys were most impressed when I let them have a peak at my picc line!! After that it was like normal, can you help with the train track, when's my turn on the computer, will you read me a story etc - they are a lovely distraction but I must admit totally exhausted when I get home, if only I could sleep. Hope you had a good day, sounds like you have lots arranged to keep you busy, hope the good weather continues.
Joyce good to hear from you 🙂 glad you got on the Look Good Feel Better I have given up trying to get through to my local one, all I get is the answerphone and no-one calls back. Hope you enjoy it

Love to all. Donna xx

Daysy

Good morning everyone
Haven't been on the thread for a bit...but thinking of you all
Sian your're having a rough time I hope your're feeling a bit better. Like me we're half way through now at least with the chemo. You've a lot more to come afterwards. Try to stay strong though it's easier said than done.
Being retired I haven't got the work worry but I know I couldn't attempt my old job at the local college - not the with the tirednss that overwhelmes me. Luckily so far I haven't been sick with the 3rd FEC but the steroids have made me hyper as usual. Not a chance of sleeping.
Thanks (whoever it was) for the link to Feel Good Look better I have booked on at Blackpool Victoria for October. Waiting lists for earlier dates.
Haven't heard form CoachK just recently so hope things are OK with you
To all the other great ladies lots of love and healing hugs
Joycex

smc78

Morning girls. Thats a shame your not as lucky as i am with your work entitlements Donna. I hope u do ok on the days that u can manage. How are u coping with the lack of hair? Do the kids say anything? That was another reason i went off sick i didnt know how to face the children and their questions. I finished work 2 weeks before the end of summer term and explained my absence as someone in my family was poorly and i had to help look after them. They didnt question who thank god and one little girl came and said to me 'whoever it is in your family that needs looking after, i hope they get better soon' which melted my heart bless her.

Good luck today Jelly, let us know how u get on. I live on the Hampshire /Witshire border not far from Stonehenge. I have friends in West Sussex so could be possible to meet one day.

Have a good day ladies. 🙂 Sian x
jellytot83

Hi Ladies,

I'm off to the hospital today to meet the chemo nurses and chat through Tax in advance of my appt on Friday.

I'm in the same boat of the having surgery, then radiotherapy. Hoping I'll be done by January time as my T should be done by end October, then surgery I guess you need 4 weeks recovery? Then I think radio amount depends on what the oncologist thinks you need?

I work in an office so outside of my low WBC days subject to feeling okay,I've been going in. I'm also able to work from home so am doing that some days too.

Trying to remember where everyone's based? I'm in west sussex

Jelly x
smudge65

Sian

Will be joining you on the 18th for a dose of Tax 😞 I don't get any help from work if off, just ssp which is rubbish,. I don't think i'll manage to work all the way through tho, and like you have surgery and radio after, shame we don't leave nearer as it seems we are following a very similar journey at the same time. It would be lovely to meet up, maybe one day.
Enjoy your day Sian and thank's for keeping in touch,

Donna xx

smc78

Donna i was working in a year 3 class with 7 and 8 yr olds but as of today when everyone went back i should be in the Nursery. A breast cancer nurse and oncologist said i should try to carry on as normal where i can but my ex boss was diagnosed 6 yrs ago and suggested i take all the sick leave i'm entitled to. She recommended things like reading, having reflexology or even yoga. Basically she said i should do things i want to do that help me feel better and relaxed. I was worried about the risk of infection from the children to so after checking out my entitlements at work (6 months full pay, 6 months half pay) i went to my g.p and got signed off. At the moment i have 3 months cover which ends when my chemo does at end of October. After that i'm facing surgery so wont be able to work for a month or so then i'm due radiotherapy and i have to travel to Southampton which is about an hour from where i live so realistically i cannot go back to work till mid Feb next year at earliest. I felt a bit sad today that everyone is back to work without me but my health is more important. I'm trying to find something to do each day like walking my friends dog, going for lunch with friends an am considering decorating my flat to keep the boredom at bay. There are days when i feel fir enough to work but i had a shock yesterday. I took my son shopping for a few hours and was so tired when i got home i went to bed for 2 hours. I just dont have the energy i used to at the moment so i know i'd be rubbish at work. I admire u greatly if u can though. I'm switching to Tax next time too. My 1st is on 18th Sep and dreading it. I've been sick every time on the evening i have chemo so far. The rest of the side effects are manageable. Need to get on with painting my nails though. Have u done yours yet?
Sian X
smudge65

Sian

I work with 2 to 5 year olds 🙂 how strange, I have been encouraged by both my oncologist and the chemo nurses to carry on as normal as much as I can. Was told to be careful in the risk week, so might not go in then, or hide in the office and do paper work. So far I have been incredibly lucky with very minimal side effects and would miss work terribly, but this might all change as am having TAX for the next three doses and might suffer more.
Hope you are doing ok apart from the tiredness. Keep in touch it's good to hear from others going through the same.
I'm being a lazy moo now, in bed with laptop, magazine and jumbo sized cuppa.

Donna xx

smc78

Smudge you dont work in a school do u? I'm a teaching assistant in a primary school and have been signed off sick due to the risk of infection from the children. I was just wondering why u havent been offered the same unless of course u choose to work in which case you're a braver lady than me. I should be back to work today after the summer hols but to be honest i'm too tired to work at the moment anyway.
Sian X
smudge65

Hi All

Hope you all managed to enjoy some sun today, and have not been suffering from horrid ses or treatment. Sian glad to hear you're feeling better, I have mastered injecting myself, only one more to go 🙂 Jelly it's like having our own personal shopper, thanks for sharing your finds.

Off for an early night as back to work tomorrow, am lucky to work term time only. Hope we all get a good nights sleep xx

jellytot83

Hi Ladies,

Just to say that I found this in 99p stores today: http://www.oneclickpharmacy.co.uk/school-toenail-conditioner-p-94480.html?currency=GBP which i think will be good for those of you starting T as it can affect your nails.

I also bought myself some cotton gloves to wear at night as I've heard T can make your skin very dry so i thought if i slather on hand cream at night and then pop the gloves over the top it might help. (they were also from 99p stores - 99p for pack of 2), cheapest I've found elsewhere is about £3 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dermatological-Cotton-Gloves-Small-Twin/dp/B005TTCAVE%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKI... + postage. If you have a 99p store near you, defo worth a vist
Jelly x
smc78

Hi girls. Thanks for all the kind messages refrence my sickness. I always feel so much more positive that i can beat this when i feel well. I've been feeling good again today and treated myself to some retail therapy for the 1st time in ages. I got a new top and some jewellery to wear to the Breast Cancer Care Forum i'm going to in Liverpool at end of September.

Angela i would reccomend a picc line as i have one and apart from a weekly flush and dressing change its not all that trouble. I have had mine flushed about every 3 to 4 days as for some reason my line likes to fill with blood occassionally but i gather thats just me and not everybodys does. Its easily sorted and takes 5 mins for the district nurse to come round and sort me out. The only down side is u cant go swimming with the line in. Gutted coz i enjoy swimming and thought i could do lots to keep fit while i'm not working. I hope u get things sorted and have a decision made by the time your next lot is due. U dont want to risk tissue damage at any cost.

Smudge and Jelly i already have GCSF jabs inbetween my fec chemo from days 5-11. I left them behind on Tuesday and returned to collect them yesterday and they only gave me 5 instead of the usual 7. I queried it which made the nurse do the same and after lots of waiting about it was decided there was a mistake and i was given 7 to take home. The nurse checked my neutropens while chasing this up as a possible reason they may have changed the dose and said they were 2.6 so quite high. I guess the jabs do work then. I did get awful bone ache the day after my very 1st jab. They are meant to be given around the same time each day which ended up being 4pm after my 1st chemo. After the 2nd dose a chemo nurse suggested i try them before bed at night which i did and it wasnt so bad so i will do that Saturday night when i start them again.

I've been warned about the nails already. Have u painted yours yet? I havent but its on my to do list. My 1st Tax is set for 18th Sep. Hope all goes well with yours next week. Let me know how u get on and good luck with it.

Hugs to all. Sian XX
jellytot83

Hi Ladies,

I was wondering where everyone had gone 🙂 Hope you're all doing okay. I finally have my date through for my next set of chemo, going upto the hospital on Wednesday next week for a pre-chemo chat and then having T on Friday. Although I'm bloody scared about the T drugs I keep on telling myself that the pain will be temporary and it's all for the greater good.

Sian - I've been told that T doesn't really make you feel nauseous it's more joint pain, neuralgia (spelling?) in toes and feet and that it can affect your nails. The nails part is that your nails can weaken and may lift off (eeek) but that painting them a dark colour can help (the UV from the sun can affect them).

Love Jelly xx
smudge65

Hi Ladies

Sian sorry to hear you have been feeling sick with FEC, I know we are all different but I have been told most people don't suffer as much with it when on Tax so fingers crossed for you.
Angela, if you do decide to have a picc line don't worry it really doesn't hurt and makes things so much easier, I had one after first dose. Your blood count recovered well, on the morning of my 3rd fec was only 1.29 and they had to get permission from oncologist to go ahead, so pleased she said yes, really want this over as soon as poss.
Hope all other ladies are well and enjoying life, as Sian said we have been quiet, here's hoping its cos we're all too busy getting on with life and not because any of us are suffering too much. Keep in touch ladies xx

stiz

Morning Sian,

Sorry you have struggled with the sickness, I was sick with the 1st lot so they gave me emend & I didn't even feel sick the next time. I had my 3rd yesterday & had a pretty rough time, my neutro phils were only at 1 so had to have more bloods taken when I got there so while I was waiting for the results was just having bags & bags of saline put though, it came back at 2.1 so started it & the epirubism was stinging my veins and they started collasping so took forever & my hand is black today. I ended up having over 2 litres of saline by the end of it, talk about water retention lol.

They also gave me some tablets to take before the tax but not sure if I am going to have tax as my onc said that it can cause permanent nerve damage & I am already under a neurosurgeon so it may be high risk for me so will proberbly have another 3 fec, the chemo nurse recommended I have a picc line put in if thats the case as my veins won't withstand another encounter with epirubism.

on a good note I only have a headache today, hope you have a good night.

Love healing (hugs) to all, Angela xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

smc78

Morning ladies how is everyone. I'm day 4 after my 3rd Fec and feel ok. I was sick (twice) again on the evening i had the chemo and had a bit of a wobble the night before and the morning of chemo. The night before i was feeling queesy but i knew it was all in my head as i was stressing about feeling sick the next day. Once the morning arrived there were tears and i was dreading going into the hospital. I can cope with the treatment its just the sickness that gets to me.I have been sick at the same time of the evening with all 3 of my Fec and yes i know some people have had it worse than me or some of u have been hospitalised whereas i havent so i should be grateful but it doesnt make me feel better. I was given anti sickness meds before chemo, had 8ml of Donperidone via I.V after chemo, took more anti sickness about 5pm but still threw up at 9.30pm. I have been given anti sickness meds to take the day before my next chemo which i've not had before. I dont know if thats to try to avoid sickness next time or normal as i'm switching to Tax at my next dose. Has anyone else found this? Absolutely dreading Tax now and preying sickness doesnt get worse.The day after chemo this time and with number 2 i dont feel too bad. The nausea is minimal and soon goes once i've had pills or eaten. I'm not looking forward to the taste changes again and dont seem to have the constant hunger from the stetoids this time round either. I noticed yesterday my eyelashes have thinned badly and my right eye is a little sore. It feels like i have sleep in the corner but cant see anything yet its a little sore when i rub it. Not swollen or red so will keep an eye on it. I'm off out tonight so looking forward to that. Not sure how much alcohol i will manage but that doesnt bother me. I had 2 drinks last time and switched to J20 in the end coz it just wasnt going down right. Well hope everyone is ok. We seem to have gone a bit quiet this week but i guess everyone is busy or looking after themselves. Hope so anyway.
take care everyone.

Sian x
jellytot83

Here's where you can check if there is one near you http://www.lookgoodfeelbetter.co.uk/site/workshops.cfm x
jellytot83

Ladies, just been on Look Good Feel Better, if you can go on one, I would urge you to do so. My goodie bag is amazing:
  • Garnier Face wipes
  • No 7 primer
  • Clinique moisturising lotion
  • L'oreal toner
  • L'oreal cleanser
  • Rimmel eye make up remover
  • No 7 brush foundation
  • Max factor lipstick x 2
  • L'oreal glam shine lip gloss
  • Max factor blusher
  • Lancôme eye pencil
  • Lancôme eyebrow pencil
  • Clinique concealer
  • Lancôme eye gel
  • No 7 loose powder
  • Lancôme eyebrow brush
  • Clinique lip liner
  • Estée Lauder volume mascara
  • No 7 eye shadow trio
  • 50ml Miss Dior perfume
Wowzers!! Please please go if you can, it was so so worthwhile!

Love jelly xx
jellytot83

Yep Tax next, starting next week at some point, just waiting on confirmed date as is at different hospital to where I've had FEC x
smudge65

smc
Dose 3 for me today too, hopefully ses for all having treatment will be small. I was better with 2nd than 1st so fingers crossed. Jellytot sorry your 3rd was bad, are you having Tax next, lets hope that is kinder to you xx

jellytot83

Hi Sian,

For me #3 was the worst FEC I had, the SEs were all the same but more intense and lasted longer. I also had nausea and a bit of sickness which I didn't really have on the others. On the plus side no more hair fell out so I still have some (without using cold cap). If your SEs were better on #2 than #1 then you should be okay, my effects were worse on #2 than #1 and worse on #3 than #2.

Good luck xx
smc78

Hi Jelly glad to hear your feeling better now. How did your 3rd chemo go compared to the other 2? I'm having number 3 tomorrow and found my side effects were not as bad with the 2nd dose although they lasted longer.
Sian x
jellytot83

Hi Ladies,

Hope you're all doing okay. I'm 12 days post chemo #3, just starting to feel normal and my blimmin period has started so now I'm getting those side effects! Typical huh?!

I have my Look Good Feel Better workshop tomorrow which I'm v much looking forward to 🙂

Jelly
Xx
smudge65

Hi All
Just a quickie to say hoping you all doing ok, and anyone suffering hope you feel better quickly. Lesley hope you are out of hospital xx

Donna

Madjock

Afternoon ladies
Lesley - sorry to hear you're in hospital again, you're having a really miserable time of it but hope they let you out soon.
I am feeling a little bit queasy at the moment, about to start on the domperidone to see if it helps. Haven't felt bad since last fec although extremely tired but again that could be due to high sugar level. Right now I could drink Harry under the table as I am so thirsty.
Keep going ladies, nearly everyone half way through chemo
Take care all
Maggie

quinny

morning ladies havent been on 4 while to say hi as i stop with my mon aftr chemo .im finding it a bit hard at mo sickness has hit me hard also (but dont no weather in my mind) as threw up after chemo 2 am just come on me period so carnt sleep had crap night bones achy etc .if i carnt cope with this how am i supposed to cope with tax nxt week 😞 hope u are all coping hugs to all xxx donna xxx

smc78

Hi ladies hope u are all well. I am currently away on the Isle Of Wight with my family camping for a week so havent been able to read or reply to any posts for a few days. Jelly i have thosr jabs inbetween my FEC chemo now and willbe switching to Tax for 4, 5 and 6. I was told by a chemo nurse the jabs are not normally given with FEC, (the nurse even rang Onc to check there wasnt a mistake in the paperwork) they are normally given during Tax to help raise the white blood cell count. Apparantly i've been given either a high dose or strong dose of FEC and thats why i need them now. I have administered them myself at home. Originally i hated the idea. The district nurse did the 1st few then i suggested my sister do it as shes had IVF before and had to inject herself. The nurse showed her how to do it 1 day then watched her do it the next. My sis was at work the following day and i was going to take the jab in for her but thought i'd have a go. I was nervous at 1st and it took a while to stab myself with the neefle but its so small u barely feel it and its over in seconds. I like the fact i'm not restricted to my jabs now. They are meant to be given around the same time each day so If i know i'm going to be out then i can take it with me and do it in the toilets of where ever i am.

Mlesley sorry to hear you are back in hospital. I hope they can find out whats causing your problems sooner rather than later.

Sika i hope your nausea subsides quickly.

Well i'm due my last Fec on Tuesday and have to say i'm dreading it. I was sick after both of my previous doses and really hate the thought of feeling rough again as well as the nasty taste in my mouth that lasted well over a week last time not to mention the incredible appetite but nothing tasted right. The only positive thig is that i'll be halfway through chemo next week.

Well keep on fighting ladies, we can get through this together. Healing hugs all round.
Sian x
Gadget__gal

hi,

Regarding the injections with Tax: some hospitals give them out a standard. My chemo nurse said it was based on a study that showed a higher risk of neutropenia without them. I had them for 5 days after each dose of tax. A smal subcutaneous jab that my mother (retired nurse) did for me. I managed to do a couple myself when we had a row, lol!

Daysy

Lesley.....sorry to hear you're in hospital again. Hope you're soon better
and Sika trust the sickness passes quickly. Prscribed medications haven't helped. Peppermint or ginger cordisl any use?
Belvoir Ginger Cordial helped me a bit. If you can get it where you are.
Hugs to all Joycex

Sika

mlesley, i am so sorry to hear this and hope you get out soon.
i had second FEC today, with emend as well as the others - steroids, odanestron and metacloprimide (i know they are spelt wrong). but im still horribly nauseous. no vomiting, but vomiting might make me feel better for a while? even the thought of food is awful, and i am struggling to drink water even. i thought emend always worked? this is awful...
smudge65

mlesley

sorry to hear you are back in hospital, hope you are soon "let out" and feeling better xx

jellytot83

Healing (((hugs))) mlesley xx
stiz

Mlesley sorry your back in again, sending healing hugs x

hazza81

Mlesley,
Sorry to hear this is happening again. Not sure how these chemo drugs work, but they are obviously doing their job, maybe a little too well in the case of your neutrophils. This is only a blip, you can get through it. I' m sure your oncologist can sort you out, they'll have dealt with this sort of problem lots of times before.
Will be thinking of you
Xox
mlesley

really down now temp shot up 38.5 back in hospital again neutraphinia, feeling rotten isolation room even had those injections and still happened exactley same 10 days after chemo, don't understand why i am getting this problem each time sorry to moan wish i had your scottish blood maggie
lesley x
Madjock

Hi Smudge and Jax
Thanks for the info about injections - I was really just curious as to why. Reckon my WBC recovers quite quickly as it's only dropped from an original 8.9 (before chemo) to 6.2 after first to 7,4 after second. Thick Scottish blood (possibly just thick!).
I am borderline diabetic and for some reason after last chemo I thought I should check my urinary sugar level - it's way off the scale, might speak to the practice nurse about this. I would check my blood sugar but I've decided I'm not stabbing myself with any more needles I'll forego that pleasure. This high sugar level is possibly why I'm so thirsty even though I'm drinking tea.
Thanks for answering my question ladies.
Maggie

jaxmackenzie

Hi Ladies...........just dipping in from the August ladies...............I'm having Fec, my second one is next week and I had this injection re white cell count last time. I was supposed to be given one to keep in the fridge at home for the district nurse to inject the day after chemo. However there was a mix-up and it was not transferred from the hospital to the chemo clinic. Apparently because the injections cost £800 each they cannot keep them in stock at the clinic. On that occasion I had to go back to hospital the day after chemo for it to be injected,it is injected in the stomach , takes seconds and you hardly feel it.
regards to all

Jax x
smudge65

Hi Jellytot and Maggie
Still got one FEC to go (Tuesday) but having TAX after, i've been told won't have the injections to do at home, but if need booster for cells then will have a one off injection done in Chemo Suite, apparently not done routinely as mega expensive but I am pleased won't have to do at home as hubby works abroad, i'm a coward and kids although 17 and 20 would not cope with doing it.
Hope everyone is well and coping. Has anyone had problems with too high calcium when having blood tests, mine are routinely high and keep getting called back but so far nothing has been done about it!

Love to all Donna xx

jellytot83

Hi maggie, - I got told by my oncologist that everyone has to have these after T as the T can make your white blood cells drop more than the FEC and the injections are white blood cell boosters. I may well be wrong though. I also have the dexamethasone, these are the steroids to stop you reacting to the T xx