cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting chemo July 2012

jellytot83

Re: Starting chemo July 2012

Hi Ladies,

Hope you're all doing well as poss. I'm okay, day #7 post chemo & the tax truck appears to be leaving. I hope I don't jinx myself by saying this but I think I've found the bone pain better this time round so hope that might be the same for others of you about to have T #2.

I think for me the worst part this time round has been emotional rather than physical if that makes sense? I've had a few 'low' days so I think I might look at talking to counsellor, has anyone else chatted to someone, if so how did you organise it? Through your GP, BCN or some other way? I think main reason is that coming to end of chemo I am kind of feeling 'what next', bloody nervous bout surgery, bout radiotherapy & bout how you move on at the end etc etc.

Seem to be taking temp non stop at mo as today last time round was when I went to hospital for 6 days, seems to be okay so far though.....

Jelly xx
everythingisro

hi everyone,
gosh so much has been happening with you all, this T is def been the worst for se. i had T on Fri so am post day 5 and not been to bad more or less have the feeling of being run down you know how your body gets before a cold comes along, i basically had chills really badly where ive been in bed with a hot water bottle, two duvets and fleece pjamas!! and still shivering and then in the day time i have slight muscle ache where i just dont want to do anything i just want to sleep so bad and have lie ins. impossible with my little rugrats!! i have sore throat like burning that wont go and also on the side of my portacath there appears to be a slight rash and is itchy it appeared the day after chemo and i worried could it be a blocked vain or something as this time round they couldnt get the vain to work as well so i was feeling sore their already, to be honest i dont want to call hospital cos i dont want to go. im fed up of hospitals and chemo now its just driving me mad, i know what your saying its already oct only two more to go but then i have to face everything else, at least hopefully will have nice virgin hair again ay
thanks jelly tot for the info on the forum i think may end up in the london one if they do one as think may be my last chemo come nov.
take it easy ladies lots of warm hugs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
stiz

Hi Jellytot, no I wasn't on any injections & my count was 0.0. They gave me an injection sun & mon & by this morning it had come upto 12, which amazed me. The hospital was really nice, food was good & the staff was very caring so apart from the lack of sleep from all the obs during the night it wasn't too bad. I think I will still wake up tonight expecting someone to ask me "when was the last time your bowels were open?" lol x

jellytot83

Hugs Angela, you seem to have had exactly the same as me. Were you on the granocyte injections too? What did your count go to? Mine was 0.7. You will sleep really well tonight, I never appreciated my bed so much as after hospital. Hope they looked after you in there, in mine food was gross but they seemed to care at least xx
stiz

Hi Ladies, Sorry I haven't been on here recently but just as my tax se's subsided I got a temp so ended up in hospital From last Friday until now with neutropenic sepsis, so glad to be home so I can get some sleep lol.

It looks like a lot of you have been suffering with the tax se's but please keep an eye on your temps because it happens so quickly.

Hope you all feel better soon x

smc78

Lauralable i rock the bald look pretty much 24/7. I dont like my wig as it makes me feel that i look older in it. I have worn a hat or scarf occasionally but on the whole i go without. If people stare (which is very rare) then let them. The way i see it i have a bald head for a damn good reason and i'm proud of it because it shows i'm standing up and fighting back against the cancer. I too have had a lot of pain in the affected breast after Tax. It dosent last long but it is quite painfull, like stabbing pains and happened at some point every day up untill about day 10. I was hoping it meant the cancer was being attacked. My lump has practically dissapeared after my FEC so there cant be much else left for the Tax to get at. As long as i know its working then i can put up with the side effects.
Sian x
jellytot83

Hi Laura, you rock! Well done for going outside au naturel even if you didn't mean to! Re the pain more on the tumour side, yes I have this too and looked it up and apparently it's something called Tumour Flare where the b*stard c is being destroyed & the pain can 'flare' around the site. So it's sore but I think it's a worthwhile pain as you know the b*gger's being annihilated.
I think you might be alright to go to your friend's wedding because day 3 isn't low blood cell count time as far as I'm aware? I think it's days 5-10 on tax?

Love to everyone else xx
Lauralable

Oh and jellytot I saw the surgeon a few weeks ago, they can't def decide anything yet coz I need to see the plastic surgeon (I'm going next fri), have a MRI scan and see genetics (see them the week after my last chemo I'm so scared about that, it's not like I have enough to worry about) but he said anytime from 4 weeks after chemo so the 14th of nov onwards but by the time they get a space and a list and coordinate everything it will probably be the start of dec. maybe different time scales in different health boards but he said he was just being realistic. I could also be in 1 of 2 hospitals depending on what I have so that might make a difference (one is 2secs from my house, where I had my SNB and I have my chemo, the other on the other side of the city)
Lauralable

Hey all, hope everyone's okay today, side effects are getting better. I def started feeling better yesterday, not great but least I know for next time day 5 might be a turning point. Still knackered and sore but no where near as bad, def my face seems less puffy, i slept much better last nigt, I even managed to go for a 30min walk just to get out the house. I'll make u laugh tho; I live in a flat and in Glasgow so I'm getting ready to go and it looks really dark so debating whether or not to take a brolly, got my phone and headphones and tissues (this no nose hair thing is really annoying!), lock the door, go down 2 flights of stairs, out on to the street, I'm maybe a couple of hundred yards down round road when a cyclist comes round the corner and sort of takes a double take at me. So I'm thinking its early on a mon am, I'm wearing joggies and a hoodie, no make up so he's def not taken aback by my beauty when I realise.... I've come out of the house without anything on my head! I normally wear a baseball cap out walking but I haven't even put a scarf on!! No wondered he looked at me weird, the sun bouncing off my bald head must of been a shock!

Anyways it made me laugh, I just put the hood up on my jumper and kept walking, it's fairly quiet near me during the day so I decided I didn't care enough. Anyways hope this gives people sone hope, it def gets better 🙂 (tho the uoset stomach stuff hit yesterday spectatularly which is horrible) hope you're still okay jellytot. 2 things tho; anyone else get more sore the side of the lump? Like my ribs and back are sore in general but seems more noticeable that side. I mentioned it to my onc but she ddidn't seem worried. Also day 3 after my final chemo lot I have a wedding to go to, it's one of my close friends, 19 of my other friends are going, it's 2 secs from my flat by car and I was never going to drink anyways but considering sat was by far my worst day I'm worried 😞 I know in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal but I'd love for one day to go and feel normal and not the sick one with cancer. I'm hoping if I just stay in bed wed/thur/fri, have everything organised and stock up on painkillers and lucazade ill be able to make it to at least one part of it! Sorry for moaning just needed to get it off my chest 🙂
Madjock

Good evening all
Sian, glad you enjoyed the forum, it's always good to meet new people with whom you can share experieces and even learn from.
Jellytot, hope yu manage to stay away from hospital - you're having a rough time on chemo
CoachK -hope you and the kids are feeling better - don't worry too much about OH, he'll recover (my OH just gives me the 'I'm a MAN, I can do this', then when I'm on my feet again he soon drops back into the old routine!)
Lauralable - happy you're not feeling as bad on 2nd tax, but as you say early days. Hope it doesn't get any worse.
Daysy - you go ahead and moan, grumble all you want get it out of your system - if it's any consolation to you I did read somewhere (can't remember where) that tax can be a wee bit harder on older women, possibly because the joints and bones are getting a bit achy with age anyway (I'm 65). I didn't have particularly bad aches but then again I couldn't have cared less as the tax trots made me feel soooo bad. I felt as if I had eaten a kilo of 'iffy' prawns! Only consolation was that I didn't feel nauseous, just felt awful, like food poisoning. Did the hospital not give you anything for the joint/muscle pain - I was given tramadol by the chemo nurse and I did take them (when conscious), possibly why my pain wasn't quite so bad.
Anyway, off for 2nd dose tomorrow - really looking forward to the searching for a viable vein, no doubt it will be lets soak the hand in hot water and see if we can find one, absolutely soopa. Onc says they are reducing dosage, so hopefully won't feel so bad. Will be having (hopefuly) last one end of this month and I'll find out for def then if I have to have rads as well. Is there anything else they can do to my poor old body? That's actualy a question - is there any other treatment they can inflict on me?
To all of you suffering bad SEs, my heartfelt sympathy and hope you can at least get a night's sleep,
Take care all. Maggie
Please excuse any typos, fonts are too small for me to read properly (must get new glasses after all this has finished)

smc78

When i was originally diagnosed i was told it was a 4 week recovery period and my Onc told me at last chemo that surgery is 4-6 weeks after last chemo so u may just scrape it but brobably best to wait untill u have an op date. I'm sure there is a forum in London so maybe you could make that one. I was day 10 after Tax when i travelled by train to Liverpool for the forum and it was touch and go weather i'd make it due to the tax truck hitting me the weekend before. I ddnt book my train untill the day i travelled as i wasnt sure i'd be well enough to go. I know some women booked themselves on the day before so there should be plenty of time to make a decision. I really would reccomend it though. I attended talks on surgery and Lymphodema then we had group talks on diet, exercise and we met a lovely lady who had been on How To Look Good Naked a few years ago. She talked about her own personal story but also talked a lot about ways to keep a positive mind and outlook on life, how not to get obsessed with thoughts of secondary cancer and how to move on with life after cancer. Not only that i made friends with several ladies and we discussed our own stories and experiences as well as comparing side effects. Just being able to speak to someone in a similar age bracket who understands exactly what its like and what we have to go through was really helpfull. I cant believe its October too. I have 2 lots of chemo this month so once its over thats the 1st part of my treatment done and i'm planning on having a little celebration with my friends. 🙂
Sian x
jellytot83

Hi Sian, I'm really glad you had a lovely/useful time. I'm trying to work out if I'll be able to go to my one in Brighton or not. It's at the end of November. My chemo #6 is October 19th so my week 3 should be start November. I'm unsure how soon after your last chemo they do your surgery. So say it's 4 weeks, that would take me to 2nd week November. But then how long for recovery? Say it's a few weeks that means no forum for me 😞 I guess all questions for my oncologist/surgeon (yet to be assigned a surgeon) but just thinking out loud.

I'm feeling so so today, day 4 post T. Last time tomorrow was the worst day in terms of bone pain so am anticipating feeling pants... I'm also blimmin scared as it was on Thursday (2days time) that I ended up in hospital last time. I know that if I get poorly like that again then hospital is the best place for me but still can't help fretting :s

I can't remember if I've posted this link before called The Spoon Theory but just in case I haven't here it is http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/ it's a good way of explaining your capability to do certain things to people who wouldn't otherwise understand.

Hugs Julyers (can't believe it's October!) xx
smc78

Hi girls. well i'm back from the forum and had a great time. If any of you are able to go then i would highly reccomend it. I have learnt a lot of information and met some really lovely people and it was so refreshing to talk to people of a similar age to myself. As for my side effects they have all but cleared up now although the corners of my eyes and mouth are dry and sore today. I put up with the bone aches, chemo fog and oral thrush then just as that was clearing up i had a mouth ulcer which has been really sore for the last few days. Its day 13 for me today and i cant believe i only have 1 week to feel well before the next dose but hey another day closer to finishing i guess. Coach i know you feel rubbish at the moment but it will get better. This time last week when i was unwell i didnt think i'd ever feel human again but within a few days i was up and about. I guess its hard for you and your other half at the moment especially if your kids arent 100% but things will get better. Donna what a funny nephew you have. I bet the look on your sisters face was a picture. Lauralable i'm single too so i agree that having the bed to yourself is a good thing when you feel awful but it would be nice to share the worries with someone and get some reassurance on the down days. Its lovely to have some others posting that havent been on for a while. Joyce we are all going through the same thing and feeling awful so are able to sympathise, moan and seek advice from each other, thats what we are on this site for. Roz you may feel like you're the odd one out as you are not having Tax like some of us but we are not all on the same chemo so dont be too worried. Remember each persons treatment is different and everybody reacts differently to their medication so please dont worry that your chemo is not working. The doctors know what they're doing and i'm sure they would change it if they felt like that. I'm off to watch X Factor and swoon at Mr Barlow for a bit. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Sian x
smudge65

CoachK, sorry to hear you are feeling ropey, but please try not to feel guilty, there is nothing you can do about it and the more you rest hopefully the sooner you will feel more like yourself. OH's have it hard but they do have to do their bit in this crappy journey. Love and hugs xx Donna

CoachK

Last week's treatment seems to have caught up with me along with the kids cold. Feeling pretty ropey now and guilty because I am in bed and OH is dealing with the kids, who also have a cold. I am sure he doesn't mean to make me feel like that as he is usually really good but he seems fed up with it all - as am I. Having a low day but at least only 2 more cycles to do!

smudge65

Hi Ladies
Laura and Jelly hope you are both able to get some rest and the aches aren't too bad, gentle hugs. Daysy we are all in this together you moan when you need to, hope you are feeling a bit better xx Roz I know what you mean about being wrinkly, my eyes are getting deep wrinkles underneath and i've tried to drink loads, think it might be cos they're sore and I keep rubbing them 😞
My sister and family came over yesterday and she asked why I wasn't wearing my wig, explained I found it too hot and itchy and she replied "yes but it would look so much better than your bandana", my lovely nephew glared at her and said "aunty donna I think you look lovely don't take any notice of the old bag", I love my nephew!
Donna xx

Lauralable

Def more tired this time round jellytot!! Sorry guys that have 5 to go but from pretty much the afternoon I got it I've been shattered, I've been in bed pretty much all the time and the aches and pains are def worse I think 😞 it's only been 3 days, need to keep remembering that, it's still early days. I'm just happy my sinus and teeth/mouth pain is no where near is bad, no sign of thrush etc, taste buds are weird, water tastes creamy to me which is the only way I can explain it! For me it's my skull, jaw, shoulder blades and back that are sore, legs seems okay as do nails. Fingers crossed for some sleep tonight! Last night every time I moved I was sore, thank god Im single coz pajamas touching me was sore no mind sharing a bed with someone!
jellytot83

Laura, quick question. Are you more tired on this Tax? I had mine yesterday and I don't remember being this tired last time. Have spent whole day in bed/on sofa and am just exhausted xx
Lauralable

Hey Daysy, don't worry about moaning that's what this is here for 🙂 after my first tax I started feeling better after about 5 days but everyone's different. I had tax round 5 on wed and today I am so sore!! Doesn't seem to matter about ur age or health everyone seems to get floored, I spent yesterday n bed and today on the sofa, going up and down the stairs was as much as I could manage. Now crying my eyes out to dr who, such a wimp! Fingers crossed to'orrow is better, I need some sleep 🙂
rozvi

\hi all you lovely ladies,
Well I am so sorry that a lot of you having such a horrid time with the rotten side effects, Tax seems to be giving some of you a realy rought time. The main side effect I get from EC is the overwhelming tiredness, and all I want is my bed, I have been mouthwashing twice a day and my skin is getting very wrinkly, but the BC nurse says that this is because I am not drinking enough. I have just had nu 4 on friday, and onc has arranged a CT scan so he can see what is going on, I am a bit worried as I am not sure if EC is a very strong chemo when I read what you are all going through.
I know what you mean about the wig comments, I sat next to two men on the chemo ward and they were very surprised when I told them it was a wig, dont know if they were just being polite, all my friends know it is a wig.
Well off to have my fruit for breakfast.
Love to you all
Roz xxxxxxxx

Daysy

Thanks Kathbury -nice to hear from you and for your reassurance. I do feel a bit better this morning. I know it will pass we'll all get there in the end! It's the lack of sleep that makes me feel so miserable. Thanks for the tip about temperature - I'll not forget to keep checking.
Looks like another dull rainy day here. But whatever you're doing, wherever you are, have a good weekend!
Joycexxx

kathbury

Hi Joyce. Just popped over from the June thread to give you a bit of encouragement. There are ladies of all ages on my forum, and it doesn't matter one bit, we are all in the same boat so don't apologise for feeling bad. I also had my 1st Tax on a Tuesday, and by Sunday/Monday the pains were much better. One thing I would advise, keep taking your temp as mine shot up on the Saturday and I ended up in hospital with low blood count. Hope this doesn't happen to you, but it's best to be careful. Tax does take longer to recover from I think, but you will get there - just keep remembering this time next week you will most likely be feeling tons better! Take care, and rest as much as you need. Big hugs. XX

Daysy

Hi everyone
Not been on the thread for a bit. But had 1rst tax on Tuesday. Sorry to grumble as I know how hard life is for you all with young families. It feels wrong for me to complain and I have great respect for you all and what you're going through. I'm the grandma of the group....had my life really and all that but I feel absolutely miserable tonight. Pain in my joints which isn't relieved by paracetonals and the doctor won't give me anything stronger. No chance of sleep what with the steroids and the bone pains. How long does this go on for? Sorry to moan.
Hope you all have a decent night's sleep. And have a good weekend
Love Joycexxx

jellytot83

Here's the link with numbers http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services/talks-courses-local-support/younger-womens-forums xx
jellytot83

Rosie, I'm going to the Brighton one, we could meet up? 🙂 All you do is call them up, number is on the link about the forums you get some forms emailed to you which you return along with a £10 cheque which they refund to you as long as you attend. Would be lovely to meet you in real life 🙂 xxx
everythingisro

Jelly tot can't believe your nearly there towards the end of chemo must feel good counting down those chemo dates! I had to go in to hospital today to get my t chemo as yesterday because of the herceptin being given to me for the first time and having to be monitored it got to late to have the chemo I was shattered didn't leave the hospital till gone 7pm and then had to be ther again at 9 a.m. Today but that's chemo 4 done now phew!! I feel ok so far have just taken domperidone tablets and tomo will take the Dex. Am hoping I don't get awful se need to feel good for kids sake. Claire hope your feeling ok and not panicking about cyst good on you asking the surgeon more questions I feel like they can fob you off just because they have a full waiting room and because of our ages. I always feel rushed when I see a dr from surgeon to onc I don't really knw what's happening with me I just go with what they say my life itherein hands. I want to go to the Brighton forum what do you do about going do you just email them and get a place booked. ideally wanted a London one do you know if any London ones are coming up at all.
Hope you all,Hava good night sleep I feel wired very tired bit the sleeps just not happening!
Night girls
Xxxx
smudge65

Hi All
Jelly glad you home and safe, stay snuggled and hope the ses leave you alone xx Laura hope you get some rest tonight xx everyone hope you are well and have a restful night and happy day tomorrow.

Love to all Julyers
Donna xx

jellytot83

Number 5 done, home and on the sofa under a blanket, feel shattered!

Laura my hands seem to be ok as I've been wearing moisturiser at night whilst wearing cotton glove. Ditto moisturise & socks on the feet. Nails on the other hand feel weird! Xx
Lauralable

Jelly tot good luck with 5 🙂 I'm really achy and sore today, my teeth ears and fingernails hurt the most which is similar to last time, def more tired this time! Hands are still peeling but at least it's not sore. I'm in bed still reading which is at least relaxing, I stay with the family the few days after chemo so I'm not alone so at least I have a hand cooking etc. have a good weekend all, hope we all get some sleep and peace, almost there!!
stiz

Claire, will keep everything crossed for you today x

Jelly, good luck for no5 x

I am still in bed, tax clearly does not agree with me as been over a week now x

Wishing everyone a good weekend x

jellytot83

Hi Donna, Thank you, I think Laura is ahead of me by 2 days 🙂 xx
smudge65

Hi Al
Blimey you have been busy, can't keep up with who's doing what but Claire sorry to hear you are having a worry at the moment, good luck for tomorow will keep everything crossable crossed for you xx Sian have a lovely time at the forum, and enjoy being waited on at the hotel xx Jelly good luck for no 5 am I right in thinking you are the most ahead in the chemo journey xx I don't feel too bad now after first tax, although lost my voice (kids think its christmas) but temp ok so i'm keeping quiet about it in case they decide to lock me up in hospital.
love to all, hope we all get some sleep, this is the one thing I am struggling with, hands held for any treatment, tests, results tomorrow

Donna xx

smc78

Jelly i'm sorry to hear you are sore. Hopefully things will go ok tomorrow and not cause u any more problems. I arrived at the hotel for the forum this afternoon. It starts in the morning and i've already met a few lovely ladies so really looking forward to it. This one is 2 days long too. Claire good on you for trying to get more of an answer from the surgeon. Theres nothing worse than worrying yourself silly and thinking the worst. Good luck for the tests tomorrow and fingers crossed its just a cyst. Sleep well everyone.
Sian. X
hazza81

Hi girls,
Well I am none the wiser as yet, the surgeon examined me and said its not likely to be a node, possibly a cyst, though I had to ask him to give me a possible diagnosis, think he was going to send me home without even an idea! Got an ultrasound tomorrow and maybe a biopsy, got my fingers crossed (keep hoping I will wake in the morning and it will have all gone!)
Jelly- Good luck for number 5
Everythingisrosie - hope you made it home, didn't know they started you on herceptin before you had finished chemo!
Hope everyone has a good night sleep.
xox Claire
jellytot83

Meant to ask, how was the forum Sian? I'm going to go to the Brighton one end of November, is a 2 day one with an overnight stay in a hotel xxx
jellytot83

Claire - been thinking about you all day, any news?

I had my blood test today, my gosh it hurt 😞 My veins are so stiff from FEC in one arm & in the other from the cannula I had it for 5 of the 6 days I was in hospital. Bloods are all fine though so I'm all set for chemo #5 tomorrow.

Hope you've all had good days, lots of love xx
smc78

Have a good time tonight Coach. I went to see John Bishop a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed his show, my cheeks hurt from laughing. They say laughter is the best medicine. 🙂
Sian x
CoachK

The more I read the more blessed I feel. I had no 4 of 6 FEC75 on Tuesday and am up and about today. Glad I am not having Tax - sounds horrid. Will need 5 years of Tamoxifen though but will cross that bridge when the time comes. I am actually going to the local theatre tonight to see Rhod Gibert (I am sure this is too much but he is only here one night and I love him) so going for a nap now. Thinking of and praying for everythingsrosie and you all.

everythingisro

Hello ladies,
Well I am here at uch been here since 09:30 and am only now having the saline drip put in, there was probs with my portacath seemed blocked had to be taken out several times blah makes me feel sick hate needles don't know how you all manage with canulas. Looks like I will be here till evenin as having herceptin for the first time, the dreaded t & then something else. Can't wait for all this to b over & pray won't ever have to go thru this again. I have a year of herceptin so I have blimmin long road ahead. Hope your all recovering well from your last t will keep u posted on se don't mind if I get trots as fec constipated me so bad.
Xxxxxx
Lauralable

Oh and my hair is coming through too, I had to shave under my arms and legs this week for the first time since july and I've got a covering on my he'd but its blonde so doesn't look much! It's really spiked 🙂 and hopefully you all feel better soon, the side effects don't last forever, my taste buds came back and I wasn't achy all the time. Managed to do 4+ hours of walking, an hour HDTV a half of yoga, cinema, hen do, lunches and dinners from day10 on.
Lauralable

Hey guys, had T5 today, so far so good, slight vein issue but got there eventually 🙂 feeling okay so far just tired, def more tired than last time, hopefully okay tomorrow tho I get my white blood cell booster injection tomorrow (I get the 1 jag one) hopefully wont leave me too sore! Got plenty of painkillers, lucazade, and preventative mouthwashes/nystatin/ect for the mouth coz last time was horrible! This time in 3 weeks ill have finished chemo which is scary; one hand I can't wait for it to be over but in the other it's what's keeping me well and hopefully fixing me for the long term... Got my nails redone, apparently underneath they look good and I've not had any nail issues really so seems shellac and constant oiling is working.

Hope it went okay Claire, I got myself myself in a panic this week too coz I found a small even lump on a rib but saw my consultant and its just a fatty spot, keep an eye on it but she's not worried so Im not worried, fingers crossed its the same for u 🙂 lots of love! It's easy to get yourself in a panic, I didn't really sleep or eat for a week worrying about it, know you must be the same. Im cure its scar tissue or fatty tissues left from the operation.
CoachK

Claire - lots of love and prayers.

smc78

Thats exactly how mine was and after just 24 hours of taking Nystatin it is pink again so definately worth get on to your GP to ask for some medication. I didnt even have to see a doctor i just explained over the phone that i'm having chemo and as a side effect i have oral thrush, that i'd spoken to the hospital and they told me to call up and ask for the medication i needed. I've also got Fluconazale. Its capsules and 1 a day for 5 days. The mouth ulcers are really hurting today and although i've tried not to take any drugs i'm going to have to resort to paracetamol soon as its really starting to bug me now. Hope you feel better soon.
Sian x
stiz

Claire, just before my mx I had to go for an ultrasound & that morning I had found a hard lump in my armpit which the radiographer could feel & said it was like a pea but it did not show on the scan, he said sometimes these thappen because of our hormones & it dissapeared over the next 2 days, hopefully yours will be just as innocent, I'm so glad your nurse got you in for tommorrow. Best of luck x

Sian, glad you've come through the fog & the forum goes ok. I've been asleep for most of the day & I'm feeling a little better now, not too sure if I have thrush though, my tongue is white, swollen & tastes vile but not hurting, what do you think?

Not liking the tax trots lol x

Lucy_BCC

Hi Claire

Sorry to read that you have this worry, our helpliners are here to offer a listening ear and it may help to share your anxiety, please feel free to call 0808 800 6000, lines are open until 5pm (weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2)

Take care

Lucy

hazza81

Hi,
Thanks Sian, it's so hard not to think the worst!.
I hope you enjoy the forum, I'm keen to go to one, but when I have finished my treatment.
Xox
smc78

Oh my goodness! Claire i can understand your worried but please dont panic and stress yourself out. (Easier said than done i know) It might be nothing and they have booked u in really quickly so u wont have to wait long to find out. I would suggest calling Macmillan maybe as they seem to offer good support although i havent used them myself yet. Try and do something to take your mind off it if at all possible. Good luck and positive vibes coming your way. Huge hugs.
Sian x
hazza81

Hi,
Arghh just found another lump, it's small, on the same side as my cancer was removed but in my armpit. I am totally freaking out, phoned my bc nurse, who booked me in with a surgeon tomorrow, she offered no reassurance, which I know she can't give, just can't stop thinking what iS it? What if it's not good? Arghhhh
Hope you ladies are all coping ok with your side effects. This is a bit of a roller coaster!
Xox Claire
smc78

Hi all. Well after having my 1st tax last Tuesday i am finally feeling better. The fog has lifted, bone aches gone and i feel a bit stronger at last. It took untill yesterday afternoon for me to finally feel a bit more like myself. I did have the tax trotts (love that lol) yesterday but am hoping its over now. I have the last of my gcsf injections today so will definately pick up from there on. I did seek help for the oral thrush in the end and started tablets and the Nystatin on Monday evening. My mouth still feels yucky and food still isnt right but i'm getting there. Stiz i would definately reccomened taking your temp regularly as i went through periods of feeling hot or cold and as i wasnt myself it thought it best to check that i wasnt coming down with an infection, Luckily i was ok. Well ladies i am off to Liverpool tomorrow for the Breast Cancer Care Forum and really looking forward to learning more about surgery and meeting some ladies from this site. Jelly great news about your hair re growth,.I've been wondering if the hair on my head is growing as to me it seems a little darker. Will have to check my body hair now. Rosie i have massive respect to you and Donna for going through this while working or looking adfter little ones. I have struggled on my own and was gratefull that a friend took my 11 year old overnight on Saturday as i wasnt fit to cook or entertain him. Maggie i hope you have sorted out your car and that it didnt cost the earth. Hugs to everyone.
Sian x
stiz

Thanks Jelly to know there is a light at the end is a big help, not had any injections & will keep an eye on my temp. Wow can't believe your under arms are growing back, hope your scalp follows soon x