Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting chemo June 2012

1,199 REPLIES 1,199
Elli

Re: Starting chemo June 2012

Hi everyone.

Just back my holiday, it was really nice and relaxing. Wish I could have went longer.

Karen I'll pm you too. I'm easy to find on Facebook, then I can add you.

I'm back at work next week, phased return over 4 or 5 weeks. I'm joining a slimming club tonight... Exercise to follow. This year I'm going to try and focus on getting my health and fitness back.

Money situation is awful, I thank my lucky stars I had some savings... Now Gone... How many people must lose their homes, etc... As the benefits and support is quite shocking. Hopefully I'll get this sorted this year.

Nails still a mess, eyelashes seem to have stopped mid length, hair thickening but not getting longer. I'm pretty oh so pretty haha

Catch up soon. X

1J0

I am on facebook, pm me for my name. I am in Bedfordshire. My profile photo is of a happy lady with a blond wig at my husband's 65th party wearing black and gold. Please send me a friend request.
It's funny Kath that you should mention energy levels and having to sit down after 10 mins. I have got so much more energy now and had forgotten how bad it was! It is nice to be reminded as it has shown me how far I have come. Why don't you join us on facebook?
At the moment I have got a cold which I thought would stop me sleeping but in fact last night was the first time I had slept for 8 hours since dx. Funny old world. Got to be ill to have good night's sleep!
My eyebrows came back quickly, eyelashes half there and hair growing so fast and strong, if it was dark instead of grey would risk going out and about without my wig.
Keep safe in this cold and snowy weather.
Love lynn xx

Karen118

Thanks for all your messages. It is so comforting to know that I'm not on my own. There was me thinking this part of the journey would be easy but it is sooooo hard. Physically things are improving. I am definitely getting my energy levels back just in the last couple of weeks which is reassuring. My head has a covering of hair, much greyer than I remember it was - but then I had coloured it for a long time! Anyway, I shall hopefully soon join you all on facebook!

Karenx
kathbury

Hi chicks, hope you are all ok. Karen, I know exactly what you mean. Everyone thinks because chemo is over that you are 'back to normal' but of course it's not like that. Although you try to stay positive there is not a single day when you don't wonder if the big c is still there. I haven't had my follow up yet with my oncologist but doubt if he will be able to reassure me. The good news is that my energy levels are so much better now, I can actually wander round the shops without having to sit down every ten minutes! Not that I'm going anywhere today, too snowy. Lynn, my nails are a totally disgusting sight, all split and peeling. No hair growth yet, no eyebrows or lashes, oh what a lovely look I don't think. Still I'm still here so can't complain! Looking forward to booking a holiday soon so will be interested in insurance tips. Keep smiling diamond chicks, love Kath. XX

michelle04

Hi Karen. PM yoU ref- Facebook x
1J0

Hi Karen, I understand exactly what you mean. Treatment being finished isn't the end. I have had several meltdowns, one when a finger nail fell off. I wasn't expecting it and it reminded me that chemo has long lasting effects. It seemed silly but the diamond chicks really helped as they understood. Whereas my husband looked at me as if I was mental and said 'it's only a finger nail'. My energy levels are up but still change from day to day. Some days I still need a do nothing day. There isn't a day when I don't think about cancer. Mostly I am positive, though. After all we have been through you have to be.
Other help we are now giving each other is about holidays and insurance. Looking forward. Hope you join us soon. In the meantime if you comment on here, it comes up in my email and I will come and help if I can. If not will ask others to come along.
Carol, if you don't succeed perhaps u could leave a message in diamond chicks forum for Elli. Giving your computer a gin and tonic wasn't your best idea. lol! Would a Scotch have been better?
love lynn xx

Carolann7

Hi Karen sorry I have been on in a long time my PC has been at the repairers, gave it a gin and tonic that it didn't want. If you want to private message me i will try and do it, not done it before Eleannor normaly does it but she is away at the moment. Will give it a go.
Carol. XX
Karen118

Hi all
I am finding now that I have finished treatment, it would really help me to still be in contact with all the Diamond Chicks but very few come on here any more. I have a facebook page now but not sure how I can join you? Can someone help?
Everyone expects you to be normal now and I feel I should just be moving on but it isn't easy getting the cancer thoughts out of my head.
Karenx
Carolann7

Afternoon Diamond chicks hope you are all doing well, beautiful sunny day here. Finished my rads end of November saw my oncolagist yesterday he seem very pleased with me, I asked him about starting the fostering again and he said I should leave till the spring as my energy leaveless have to build back up, about it coming back he just said it will our it won't. I will have to stay on the tomixefen for ten years or a drug like it and if my periods return they will change the tomixefen. He does not want to see me for six months. Just got to sort out my implant out next, because it has moved to under my arm they will not put another implant in so it reconsruction for me. Not a path I would have chosen. What I have now looks like a quater of a boob under my arm and its hard and you can feel the corners of the bag, really does not look or feel good. So may end up with a tummy tuck or from my back, have not seen the plastic surygens yet.
Hope you are all finished or nearly finished your treatment, I'm feeling so much better in my self energy levels a lot better. We had alittle holiday in Spain the begining of December did me the world of good, I went away feeling like a cancer patient and came back feeling more like my self. Now getting back to the normal I craved when I was going through my treatment. Hope you are all feeling the same.
Lots of hugs and best wishes to you all.
Carol XXXXX
Elli

Interesting that Karen said she's not sure she wants the life she had... I think that's how I feel. I'm going back at end of the month. I've been off since end of April. I do like my job and it's not too demanding, school hours and term time so should be good. I'm actually quite anxious about it.

I have had a notion for fostering, in my head for years. Was going to start down that road but thought I'd wait till house sold and I was settled.. Now I find I'm doubting myself, my abilities to cope etc... Where did that come from? I'm a very strong and independent person, why all of a sudden would I feel like... I can't do that, and other things... Like my wee holiday on my own... Been twice before alone, and once to this same hotel. Stayed here loads of times and know the area very well...

Being in contact with other BC ladies further down the line than me, and I know things go back to normal, life goes on, and that you are maybe not quite the same again.

Elli xx

catlovingwoman

Hi Ladies, how are things going. Feeling really sluggish today . Can't be bothered doing anything. Money really tight just now, think that is adding to me feeling a bit down. Sat with hubby last night working out finances because I dont intend going back to work as it is too demanding, but the sums just aren't adding up. My daughter in Folkestone is expecting a wee boy at the end of Jan. I start rads on 22nd for 6 weeks, so God knows when I am going to see him. she already has a wee girl of five at school, so cant see her managi
ng up. What I really want is to give up work as I'll be 59 in March and except for a break when having my two girls, have worked since I was 15. Thought I could retire at 60, but bloody Government keep moving the goal posts!!. Life seems so unfair just now. There, got rid of my pent up feelings.... its good to let go. Pauline. xx

catlovingwoman

Hi all the Diamonds, Well sorry I haven't used this site for a while. Nice to be back in touch again. Things slowly progressing, emphasis on SLOWLY .Still all over the place as far as emotions go. SO TIRED, all the time. Start rads on 22.1 till 5.3 (6 weeks) feel like shit before I even start, but can't go round it, so must go through it. Take care. xxxx

michelle04

Sorry to hear some of you ladies are finding things tough if its any consolation I am finding things pretty tough going mentally , Im very much hoping things will pick up soon but I have more than excepted that this will happen when it happens I'm not going to beat myself up about it anymore. I'm starting my rads next week be glad when that is out the way 🙂 xx I guess what I'm trying to say is this as been a massive thing that has taken over our lives at the moment & it's going to take some time to adjust sending you lots of hugs & support we can get through this ladies how ever long it take it takes xxx
Karen118

Hi everyone
I am glad I am not the only one feeling down. I had last chemo in October and last rads in December so am just on Tamoxifen now and should be looking forward. BUT... since I started taking Tamoxifen I have felt so achey. It wakes me up at night so not sleeping that well. I have had a cold over new year which has made me feel worse. I went back to work this week and I thought that might make me feel 'normal' but I felt so 'out of it' because I haven't been there for so long (about 7 months) and not sure I really want the life I had before anyway. It was good to hear from some of you again - I have access to a laptop but have never really worked out how to use facebook!

Karen
Elli

Happy new year everyone... I'm sure 2013 will be a good one, we will repair ourselves and move on in ways we can't even imagine I'm sure.

I've been floored with a cold, persistent cough thing which has ruined my Xmas and start of the year but hopefully that's starting to lift.

Lynne, it's horrible feeling so unlike yourself... No hair, eyelashes, complexion changes, body changes etc... But it does return. It doesn't always feel like we are recovering but we are and those feelings you have, how much you hate yourself in the mirror... I felt that too. I look ok now, eyelashes returning made the biggest difference. Hair is on a go slow mind. A big hug from me to you... If I'm not on and you need some contact email me via the site, I get it into my mail and I'll get on first chance I get.

Have a great year everyone... Xxx

Carolann7

Happy new year to all the diamond chicks hope you all had a good Xmas. Sorry some of you ladies can not get on fb, but we can all still keep in touch throught this site i have a look most days to see if anyone has been on.
I'm doing well finished my treatment end of November just the tomxifen only se is hot flushes can be really bad at night, also worse if I've had alcohol. Chillow pillow helps.
We still have to care of ourselves give our sleves time to recover mind and body.
Take care,Carol.
quinny

hi ladies sorry u carnt join us lynne this journey hasalso floored me to carnt come to terms with anything at the mo i no it will get better just feels like im stuck in black hole my hair eyebrows and eye lashes are starting to come back so i am liking that 🙂 i do have a lot of good days but the bad days take over we are all strong ladies and i want to wish you all a happy new year huggs to u all xxx

Madmax

Happy New Year to the ladies posting on this site and Im sorry to hear that some are suffering more than others!
I have days when I dont feel so bad and others where I ache all over and that brings with it the dark side of me!
My husband has a thing about facebook too but we dont share the same pc - I use FB to only communicate with the Diamond chicks and my friend Roy who lives in Panama.
Today I dont feel so bad - yesterday I book 3 holidays - one in March, one in May (for my husband's 50th birthday) and one in September so I guess Im trying to pick up the pieces and move on - Im not sure im ready for holidays at the moment but I got a good deal on them and you can bet that when the time comes if i wanted to book them then - it would either cost the earth or there would be nothing left!
Im sorry you feel so down at the moment Lynne - I feel like that myself a lot, most of us do! - feel a bit restless atm though and cant focus on any one thing - think ill go for a walk round the garden lol!
Take care all
Max xx

1J0

Happy New Year and a Healthier one, Lynne,
So sorry you are feeling down. Rant away. Have a huge virtual hug from me. We all understand this emotional roller coaster ride and are walking beside you through the ups and downs.
On a positive note the eyelashes come back quite quickly, though the hair does take its time to grow. I have a lovely wig and enjoy wearing that as it makes me look younger and my friends envy me because it takes no looking after.
My husband won't let me use Facebook on his computer cos he is afraid of viruses. I am lucky to have my own laptop and find that talking with the other ladies really helps.
Take care. Keep posting! Lynn xx

Lynne_W_0711

Happy New Year to all on this site - has been a really shitty year for most of us! I am trying to come through this with some sanity but I will not count on that! Feel so thoroughly shit - no hair -no eyelashes - look like shite al the time - feel so sorry for myself yet I know there are so many people so much more worse off than me so I feel really bad about that too! Just want to cry - so sorry for the rant - have read this thread from the start! - Have posted a couple of times but have felt too ill sometimes to contribute. My life doesn't seem like mine anymore - I can't get on facebook -my husband has barred me from it so I cannot express my feelings there! - I just hope that we all come through this - I feel so emotional right now - love and big hugs to you all - and a very happy and fucking stress free 2013
Lynne xxxxx
1J0

So pleased to hear that your treatment was finished before Xmas. I expect you were still tired though.
I had a great Xmas ty. My daughter came over from Hong Kong and seeing her and my granddaughters for the first time in over a year made it very special. I also did a 65th party for my husband. Over 60 people came and it was so lovely to catch up with old family friends. Now I'm recovering! lol!
I certainly hope that 2013 will be kind to us all. We deserve it.
love Lynn xx

kathbury

Hi there Lynn, nice to hear from you. Happy New Year to everyone. Hope it is a much better one for all of us. Just finished my treatment last week so onwards and upwards hopefully. It feels so strange not to be visiting hospital every day - haven't got used to it yet. Do hope you are all well and had a great Christmas. Love, Kath. XX

1J0

Happy New Year to anyone who still visits this site.
We are now on Facebook instead. If anyone wants to join us just message Elli. If not please let us know here how you are getting on.
I have completely finished my treatment now. Really want to know how the rest of you are getting on. Please, keep in touch. Hugs Lynn xx

hannabanana

Evening all, it's sounds like you are all doing ok and are nearly ending your treatment.
I got told the same thing Yvonne re starting the herceptin again if it went over 3 weeks (post 4 days is just ok) my chemo unit is squeezing me. Aren't I lucky?!
Well, am three rads down. Only 22 more to go. So far so good. The ladies are lovely and it does seem to be going quite quickly at the moment. I suppose one way of looking at is it's nearly Christmas and I finish the week before 🙂
Hope your all well x
kathbury

Yvonne, great news about clear lymph nodes. You must be so relieved. Interesting advice about the hair, just hope mine will start growing back as I will be having hormone treatment too. Will certainly try some of the tips! XX

Yvonne1956

Ladies I went to a LGFB charity event at Harvey Nichols on Wednesday, had a great evening - lots of tips which I thought were worth sharing
I had a consultation with Sarah Vine - didn't know who she was; it turns out she is an award winning beauty editor for the Times!!! She shared with me that she has suffered with alopecia since she was about 14 and she wears a hair prosthesis - a very fancy wig that attaches to her own very thin hair using extensions so what she knows about hair loss is not worth knowing.
Clearly some of this needs checking out with your cancer teams if you're still having treatment; her advise relates to women with hair loss not specifically caused by chemotherapy, but what she did say was that those of us who go onto hormone treatment may find that the return of our hair to a pre cancer state may be delayed or may not happen because of the lack of oestrogen. She explained that all post menopausal women can face problems with hair condition. There's were the tips she shared
Include oily fish, nuts, avocado and foods rich in fatty acids in your diet and take supplements of fatty acids 3,6 and 9
Take vitamin supplements particularly vitamins C D and zinc
Minoxidil 3% stimulates hair growth and is available as Regaine or Boots do their own version - use the women's product
Argon oil is a really good product - Moroccan argon oil is great for hair and argon oil is great for skin care and argon tablets help provide nutrition for hair and skin
She recommended Phillip Kingsley hair products - they're expensive but very very good and again they stimulate hair growth visit the website and use the tools to identify what products are best for your hair type.

Hope some of this is helpful
Yvonne x
Yvonne1956

Good afternoon Diamond Chicks
hope everyone is doing and we all seem to be dealing with different things at the moment- chemo, rds and surgery so hoping everyone is feeling not too bad.
I had the results of the histology today following axilla clearance of my lymph nodes last week and I am so over the moon as they are all clear and there is no sign of any cancer!
Yvonne
pesteringpixie

Hi Ladies

Popping in from the April thread to give you a cheery wave:)

earlier in the year some of you were generous enough to support me in my fund raising ventures for Cancer Research by buying my Pixies Happy Bags. Well today I have launched Pixies Christmas sacks. Available for 4 weeks only - they are gorgeous and every penny goes direct to cancer research UK.

They make lovely stocking fillers, can hang on a tree or could be sent in lieu of xmas cards. You can find more by googling me under Pixies Happy Bags or sending me a message for the link. (moderators won't let me put a link on here)

Since June this year I have raised £5000 through selling these little bags and hope I can make it £600 by the end of the year.

Warm wishes

Pixie xx

1J0

Hi,
Thanks Kath for your support. There is no way of not being concerned that it will come back but I expect that it will become less of a problem as time goes on and life is more normal.
Good luck with that last chemo. What a relief to get the last one over with. Just one lot of SE's to get through. Hope they are minimal and don't involve another visit to hospital. The aches were less with the last one but I found I was more tired and needed more rest than with the others.
How kind of that couple. It is one of the good things; how many people are really kind and supportive.
I keep posting on here but am on facebook, Diamond Chicks as well. Still like this forum as it is one thread and easy to follow.
Well better go and fluff up my feathers ready for the day ahead. Lynn xx

kathbury

Hi all. Hope you are recovering well from your op Yvonne, & that your wound is healing. Lynn, how great to have finished treatment, you can now start to recover and enjoy Christmas. I think we will all worry if the chemo has worked, but my Dr told me there is no way of knowing for sure, so we just have to live our lives and hope for the best. It's my last chemo tomorrow thank goodness, will be glad to see the back of it. Had a lovely surprise today, met a lady & her husband at hospital right at the start of my treatment & have met up every three weeks during chemo since. She finished one session ahead of me, but her hubby has just called round with a card & presents. Was so touched by her kindness, it makes me so grateful for such support. Hope all you chicks are feeling chirpy. Hugs, Kath. XX

Jayne_m

Thanks Lynn, side effects have been minimal so far, just the usual tiredness, dry mouth etc but nothing I can't handle. I am relieved about the nails as that is one less to worry about! Hanging on to hair too thanks to the cold cap. I am glad you are feeling good and thanks for the tip re E45 cream.

Take care xxx
1J0

Hi Jayne,
Problems with nails are a side effect of Tax. so you should be fine. I found FEC fine. Hope you are OK and your side effects are minimal.
Rads are over now and I am fine. Hardly any soreness. E45, 3 times a day has worked.
I wish you luck with the rest of your treatment.
hugs Lynn xx

Jayne_m

I have had a sneaky peek at your thread to get an idea of where I might be after treatment - currently just done 3 of 6 FEC then rads then Taxoxifen. I hadnt heard of nail problems before - is that an SE of Tax or will FEC have the same effect?
1J0

Hi,
Am so pleased to hear people are so upbeat at the moment and everything is going well with ongoing treatments.
I have completely finished all treatment now which is very very scary. No drugs can be given as I am triple neg. This is it. I am cured or the cancer will be right back. Longest it will wait is 2 to 3 years. On the good side I will know in 5 years if this cancer is cured. It is 10 for other types.
At the moment I am really happy. Sorting the garden. Planning redecoration. Getting invites out for my hubby's 65th party. Feel really well.
Just a warning carried a bag of compost across garden yesterday and breast now hurts. Think I pulled it. Probably not ready for manual labour yet.
love u all. xx Lynn

Yvonne1956

Hope you're ok today Hannah
That first Herceptin is a real drag. I've had to change my schedule to accommodate my surgery but I have been told that if at anytime the Herceptin is delayed by more than a week from the next scheduled date I have to do another sensitivity test - i.e another very long session! It's worth bearing that in mnd if we need to alter session dates eh?!
i haven't noticed any side effects from the Herceptin - it's just a drag having to have it every 3 weeks! But I hope now I have the portocath in that will make it a much quicker process. I'm back at the hospital tomorrow to have my wound reviewed and my next Herceptin. The wound seems fine - no swelling; still a lot of numbness in my arm but I had that when I had the initial WLE and SNB so I think it's normal. Amazingly still no pain- 4 days on and I've only taken the occasional paracetamol - doesn't seem right given what they've done but hey ho I'm not going to complain at not having pain!
Hope everyone is ok
Yvonne xx
hannabanana

Hi all, well my first herceptin went ok. Although I was sick im putting it down to nerves and anxiety, which I have a habit of letting it get to me. But can honestly say, I feel fine today and infect did last night when I woke after another night hot flush.
We're away when I'm supposed to have my 3rd perception, so my chemo unit has managed to squeeze me in on the 24th Dec. Not exactly how I intended to spend my Christmas things but hey ho!
Hope you all well... Very nearly there lovelies xx
Yvonne1956

Afternoon Diamond Chicks hope everyone is ok. I had surgery to remove axilla glands yesterday which went well. Also had a portocath put in for the ongoing Herceptin. I was only in as a day case s was back home by teatime. I had a drain in but that has fallen out!
Von x
kathbury

Well done Carol on reaching the finishing line. Bet it feels good not to have to travel to hospital every day now. Hopefully, by Christmas you will be feeling much better, although I imagine our energy levels will take quite a while to improve. Take it easy! Lynn, what are eyelashes, can't really remember! Tried to put a pair of false eyelashes on the other day when I went out for lunch with friends, but they just felt so weird I had to take them off. You have given me hope that my own lashes might grow back soon. Think I miss them as much as my hair. Hope all the other chicks are doing well, take care all. Hugs. Xx

Carolann7

Afternoon Diamond chicks, hope you are all well and are on top of your chemo se and that some of you are on to your rads. Finished my rads yesterday compared to chemo they went very well not too sore at the moment, no problems just used lots of cream and let the air to it when possible. Also had my smart port out today, so except for my tomixefen I'm at the end of this part of the journy. Will still keep coming on the thred to see how you all our and hopefully be some surpport to you. You all will be finished soon, there is light at the end of the tunnel ladies.
Hugs and love to you all.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
1J0

Hi,
Good news! I think I know why my eyes are watering. My eyelashes are back. I can't see them but I can feel them.
Thumb nails are hanging on by a thread. Actually wish they would fall off as wearing plasters to protect them is getting on my nerves. There is a new nail underneath, about half way grown.
One more week of rads.!
Hugs Lynn xx

kathbury

Hi all. Thanks for the good wishes. Yvonne, I've only one more to go now so that will be a relief. Lynn, sorry you are getting a bit sore, it must be quite uncomfortable - strange how some are having 15 sessions and others 25. I expect it all depends on our individual situations, they will give us
as many as they think we need. Hannah, nice to see you back here. Have fun in London, you may as well get out and about before you start your radiotherapy. Good luck to you with that and to Karen also. Have a great weekend everyone. XX

Karen118

Hi everyone
It's really nice to see some of you posting on here again. I haven't posted for a while but it seems most of us are reaching the next stage of our treatment.
Kathbury - I am so sorry you are suffering again. I only had one infection during chemo but that was horrible and really scarey.
I had my last chemo 2 weeks ago so am beginning to feel better and really happy that I don't have to go back for more next week. My rads start next Tuesday - I have 25 so should be finished by Christmas. I have started the Tamoxifen - no side effects yet but I have been taking them for less than a week so plenty of time for that to change! As the date comes nearer I am getting a little worried about radiotherapy. Before, it seemed like it had to be so much easier than chemotherapy; but now it is nearly here the reality of having to go everyday, and not knowing what will happen to my skin is beginning to concern me a bit.
Best wishes to you all - its amazing how far we have come since June!
Karenx
1J0

Hi,
Yvonne good luck with the surgery! The soreness is very specific to the area where the rads are given and is no worse at the moment than a slight sunburn. You know the type? Where you just don't want clothes to rub on it. The worst bit is where there isn't any flesh between the skin and the ribs. Not bad at all really.
Lynn xx

hannabanana

Hi all, how are we?
Am now 3 weeks post chemo and doing ok.
I've started my tamoxifen and so far so good. My friend said she didn't get any SE until she had been taking it for 9 months. Then came the hot night flushes and leg cramps. Oh joy!
I also have a start date for my herceptin and rads. Herceptin in a weeks time and rads on the 14th Nov for 25 sessions!
Hopefully the rads won't be too tiring although the 40min journey each way certainly won't help...
Sorry you don't seem to be able to get on FB... I'll message Elli for you. I think there is someone else from BCC who can't get on either. A minor glitch am sure.
tis a beautiful but cold day here in Aylesbury. Am off Christmas shopping this afternoon and then am off to London for the night tomorrow to attend The Spirit of Christmas ideal homes exhibition with an old school friend.
It feels good to feel good!
Take care peeps xx
Yvonne1956

Hi Lynn
glad the rads aren't too bad apart from the soreness. I wil start rads in a few weeks after surgery to remove axilla glands. Is the soreness is the soreness in the generalised area of the treatment or very specific?
Yvonne x
Yvonne1956

Kath sorry to hear you have been in hospital again - you have had a particularly rough time! You're right the Tax is vile! How many more have you got to have?
Take care
Yvonne x
1J0

Hi everyone,
Oh Kath, poor you. Sending great big hug. Chemo has certainly not been good for you. Only one to go. I bet you will be really glad to see the end of it. Take care!
6 rads to go and starting to get sore. You are supposed to tell if you get sore so I did. But apparently it is to be expected and I can't do more than keep applying E45 3 times a day. Oh well, have the weekend off from rads so it will have the chance to settle. To think I was in a grey area and chose to have this extra treatment. Only myself to blame but it is nowhere near as bad as chemo. Actually enjoy the drive to the hospital with friendly, chatty hospital drivers. They are all volunteers, bless them.
To all the chicks, have a good weekend. love Lynn xx

kathbury

Hi chicks. Hope you are all well. Been in hospital YET AGAIN with temp & low blood count. You've got to laugh really, the nurses all know me by name now - even the trolley lady knows how I like my cup of tea. Seriously, think I should book my bed in advance after my last chemo! Getting better day by day & so looking forward to the end of this vile tax. Then I will join you all with my daily trips to be fried! To those of you still awaiting your ops, hope everything goes ok for you. Anyone started on hormone treatment yet? Well, better go and feed the OH. Take care xx

Carolann7

Hi Eva 76, glad you have started your rads, there is a lot of us on face book I'm surpose to be able to add people but when rev cat set it up she thought I was more computor appt than I am. Pm Elli again she no's how to add people, she may have missed your message if she has not been on this site in a while. Elli has started rads this week so may be more busy. If you get nothing back pm me and i can give you my full name to join.
Hope every one is doing well, I have three more rads to go.
Hugs and best wishes Carol.
1J0

Hi to Eve and anyone else still reading this,
It seems that many people are now on fb. You have been going through a lot. No wonder you are feeling emotional. I am sending a virtual hug your way. Love my gown, a pity everywhere doesn't do them. Obviously someone very thoughtful designed them. Hope you will join us on fb soon, but must admit I liked this forum because it was one thread not many.
Love and hope you are on the up soon.
Lynn xx