69237members
363533posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting chemo May 2014

Re: Starting chemo May 2014

It has been quiet on here. Must remember to post the good times as well as the bad times. I've got my 3rd FEC on Friday and hope it goes as well as the 2nd. I've had a dream second cycle with no side effects to moan about (had the usual constipation and mouth ulcers) and have had loads of energy throughout so life has carried on as normal. I can also report I still have a full head of hair so it's only my enlarged breast that reminds me daily that I have cancer. My taste hasn't been effected too much this time either so have been able to taste chocolate for all three weeks which is bad news for the waistband.
Had an ultrasound yesterday and the tumour is larger but now about 2/3rds fluid which they wanted to drain but I wouldn't let them due to my infection from the biopsy. Meeting with oncology tomorrow and surgeon next week so will see what they say about draining it.
Ruth I'm jealous you're going to see George Benson, he was on loose woman today and I love his music.
Glad to hear we're all fairing better than we did on the first round when most of us ended up in hospital. Take care everyone. Sheryl x

Jelly Babies !!!!

Wimbledon makes me think of strawberries and cream.. wonder if I can taste that? It really is one of the worst things.. isn't it? We should start a new thread .. What can you taste? 

I'll start .. Plain Crisps yum.....LOLSmiley Very Happy

Hi Linda - yes it is a bit quiet - maybe we're all licking our wounds! My 4th dose is on 4th july and bit worried about it as will be the tax part of Fec t. Wary of the side effects for that although pleased that for me it means the half way stage.Lanzarote at Christmas sounds a great idea. I've only been the once and really loved it. We had to cancel a holiday in Teneriffe so may re-book that for the new year.

Ruth, have fun tomorrow at the concert. eating out is a problem isn't it. Some frinds took me to lunch yesterday and although it was a great menu there was absolutely nothing on it I fancied with my rubbish taste buds. had to ask for a cheese roll ! Your diet must make it even more tricky - and a challenge.I'd enjoy the hotel and at least for breakfast you could hopefully have some toast !

JJ1981 - not sure about cooking with beetroot. My sister-in-law is posting me a chemo cookbook so will look up some recipes when it arrives. Like you I love it cold but it doesn't taste the same to me right now!

Enjoying watching Wimbledon right now - an excuse just to sit on the sofa and veg out!

Gill x

Ruth

Sounds like a lovely trip you have planned and well deserved ! Enjoy. My next dose (4th) is on 3rd July so not far behind you. I'm also feeling better today, almost normal, if there is such a thing. Don't know about anyone else but it fills me with dread thinking about the next session..they seem to come round so quickly, maybe that's a good thing.

As we had to cancel our annual break in Lanzarote when I was diagnosed I decided yesterday that the familiy needs a break, problem is the school holidays are so restrictive and trying to fit something in between treatment was proving difficult, so I took the plunge and booked Lanzarote for Christmas !! Never been away over Christmas before let alone abroad so will be an experience and funny enough will be exactly 12 months to the day that I went to the Doctors to be told .. "Yes it look's suspicious, it could be cancer, I need to refer you !! " December 18th ..dates rather stick in your mind don't they ??

So that's my 'Cancerversary' sorted .. something to aim for ....

It's a bit quiet on here, hope you ladies are all ok?? xxx

Hi Everyone,

Week 3 for me and feeling alot better, 4th and last FEC is on July 1st. Still having to eat really blandly in order to maintain diahorrhea free days !

So making the most of this week, shopping with my daughters, going to the royal albert hall tomorrow night to see George Benson and then staying over in a boutique hotel.The only qualms I have is what on earth to eat and drink up there ! I mused over whether to take a cool bag with some foods in that I know agree with me but hubs said with this humid weather we are having it maybe wouldnt be a good idea.

Catching uo with some friends this week to, so I pack in what I usually do daily in my life into week 3  then spend the other weeks living like a recluse 🙂

I hope you are all doing okay ? XX Ruth XX

I keep reading that beetroot is good for combating bc and keeping it away. I love beetroot on my sandwiches but i have never cooked with it so gonna google some yummy reciepes

Ladies, Re Work..I really only do it to try and look willing with the bosses. My contract only allows me 3 weeks paid sick leave a year and I took 5 weeks when I had my mx and reconstruction. With the first FEC I had it on the Thursday and went back to work on the Tuesday after the bank hols only to end up in hospital with an infection a week later, at that point I knew I had to listen and give myself a break. So now I take a week off then go back till the next session, so far they have paid me in full..which I am greatfull for but they wont tell me or put anything in writing so I just have to hope each month that if i show willing it'll carry on. As time is going on though it is getting harder to come back up after the steriods and injections stop, even though I have had my doses reduced. I really would love to say I can't work anymore but the bills need paying:-( . Really worried that I need to tell them about the 5 weeks of radio which comes next but I'm keeping quiet for now!!. Its rubbish what we go though without financial issues too ..but hubby works so any help is not available to us. Funny you get six months maternity pay when you choose to have kids but nothing when you get cancer ! xx

Good afternoon ladies sorry i forget that we are not all on fb. Had cycle 3 this week of FEC and last if it. Can say this one has been the worse and suffering from motion sickness just getting out of bed, so am.not really moving much. Need to eat but look in my fridge and cant be bothered as i dont fancy any of the things ive fancied previously, hoping ill perk up later. Mum had her op after two heart attacks and she escaped yesterday and drove over to see me yesterday complete with a new iron( didnt know anything wrong with old one lol). told her off as she shouldnt be driving yet bored or not. Ex hubbie still in induced coma after his accident which means i have one tempremental teenager at home as he.feels powerless and cant see his dad due to his age. You may have noticed im in a blue day but last of steriods today so hope for an improvement within next few days x

Morning Ladies

What a great start to the day. I was up at 6am and the sun was streaming in , birds singing, husband gently snoring - forgot for a moment or two what we are all going through!

I quite agree with you Ruth and Linda  about the fatigue. I tend to give myself rewards to just get a few jobs done around the home - 10 mins dusting followed by cup of tea and a read of a magazine. As you can imagine not a lot gets done! I can't imagine how you cope with going in to work Linda. I'd blame my age but that would be a cop out! Thankfully I'm signed off for the duration although sometimes I do feel that maybe work would take my mind off things for a bit. Trouble is I'm a part time dental receptionist in a busy practice full of patients with coughs, colds,infections, abscesses etc!!!!!! Not the best place to be right now.

Sheryl and Sheila - you must be thrilled to notice a difference with your lumps. Hurrah - it's working! I had my lump removed a few weeks ago but unfortunately without clear margins so need further surgery still. I don't think the chemo will show up as having shrunk the margins but no idea really. Anyway- I know it's doing something otherwise wouldn't feel all these side effects!

Enjoy your weekends

Gill x

Hi Wax2014,

It sounds like you are doing really well 🙂 Especially working whilst having treatment, I don't think I would have been able to cope with that. I understand completely what you mean re the exhaustion...I don't think I will ever moan about feeling tired again one this is all over ! The tiredness I felt when 'healthy' is nothing compared to the sheer fatigue I feel these days.

I must admit I havent contacted my oncologist re the diet and tummy problems I am having, but I will talk to him when I see him on July 4th. I have only met him once so far !

I hope all you other ladies are doing okay, it looks like a lovely day today 🙂 xx Ruth xx

Ruth..think we all know what we should have taken as a career ..lol.. they must make a fortune.Sorry to hear you are still suffering with tummy issues would have thought your oncologist could have suggested something to make the drugs easier on your system. I've had my doses reduced after being in hospital as my oncologist said it was apparent that my bone marrow couldn't cope with the dose first given . I am now on day 8 and felt fine until yesterday when i came off the steriods and jnjections, I've been totally exhausted to the point that going up and down the stairs makes me puff and pant like an old woman! I have heard its cumulative so hope it doesn't get much worse. My chemo arms painful again so I'm on the ibuprofen ..back to work Monday again till the next one, hope I can manage the early mornings xxx Linda xx

Hi Needhelp,

The oncologists fees dont worry me as I am not paying for them 🙂 I will however query them. I didnt mind whether I went private or nhs, but as my hubby had the private health plan anyway, we thought I might as well make use of it 🙂 I think the turnaround time for the op whether nhs or private is excellent, I went from diagnosis to op in 10 days 🙂

Suffering diahorrhea again today and I havent even eaten anything I shouldnt 😞 xx Ruth xx

Hi Sheila. Great news about the lump under your arm. My breast lump is 6.5cm and after 2 chemo sessions I can definitely tell it has shrunk, I have an ultrasound Monday so will find out how much.
I had to do the injections this cycle, they're to boost the white cell count. They're really easy to do and if like me you have a spare tyre around your middle I didn't feel a thing when injecting. Lots of us on this forum are doing them, some have suffered with aches and pains where the bone marrow is producing them but just to reassure you I had no side effects what so ever from them. Sheryl

Hi ruth god your oncologist is a rip off I have been nhs all the time and they have been ex.i did ask my doc about going private she sed no I will get just as much help on nhs and quicker.she was right cant fault s thing.so my oncologist yest she has delayed my nxt chemo till 27th sed I need rest.i am also to have injections for 5 days after it and have to do it myself its to help with my blood has anyone else had it.also biggest shock the lump of 4.7 under my arm has gone my doc sed she has never known it after only 1 chemo.will keep u up to date sheila

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for all your tips re the eating/digestion and bowel problems, this is obviously going to be my weak point ! Other than tiredness too, I am not doing too badly, but then I don't work and I have an army of family and friends helping me 🙂

I am told that Taxol isnt quite so bad side effect wise, so one more FEC on July 1st then I will be on 12 x weekly Taxol. I have a lost of questions for my oncologist whom I see on July 4th, one of which is that my private health gets billed for £500 each chemo I have, which is paid to him, does anyone else have this? I have only seen him once so I don't get why we pay him £500 every chemo, when we are also charged for the chemo and room too ! I am nearly at my helath plan limit so I presume I will be switched to an nhs hospital at some point, which won't bother me in the slightest.

Keep strong ladies we will look back at 2014 and wonder where it went. xx Ruth xx

Hi Ruth, just dropping in from the February thread (just finished my chemo...)

I was on FEC75 x6 and suffered from extreme nausea for the first 3 cycles and lost over a stone. As a result of the weight loss the amount of chemo given for cycles 4-6 was reduced by around 8%. 2 other adjustments to the post chemo meds were made at the same time so I don't know for sure which was the most effective, or whether it was a combination that made the final 3 cycles progressively easier.

So do ask your oncologist about a possible reduction in chemo dose - after losing all that weight you deserve it! Good luck and best wishes.

Hi Sheila.
So glad you're out now and feeling better. It is so important to take temperature when feeling ill and to get to hospital quickly. I was in hospital on my first cycle for 5 days and like you it just hits you, one minute I'm fine and literally 1 hour later in hospital. I'm day 14 on cycle two and have breezed through this cycle the worst side effect being I have two tiny little mouth ulcers so hopefully this will provide hope for you that it won't all be like your first cycle. Sheryl

Hi ladies just to let you know was on day 10 after my 1 st chemo was quite pleased with myself.then wam it hit me like a bat out of hell.had a bit of.a chill and made mistake not to ring hosp.i came home today after 8 days god I was really ill I wont make same mis again.so take heed high temp ring up at once.am due for num 2 fri but dont know if it will happen.i couldnt eat for nearl a wk mouth full of ulsers feel much bettet now good.luck to ladies staring soon sheila

Can 't you get to see someone before that's a long time to wait and a 2 stone loss is not good. I lost half a stone.I found that white bread and marmite and lentil soup helped more than rice !

Hi Rosie14,

Thanks for the advice.I am seeing my oncologist on July 4th and my first question was going to be about my food intolerance and the diahorrhea. My stomach makes loud grumbling noises all the time and I am very windy too.It becomes very wearing and I am so fed up with white bread and rice, I have no interest in food and now lost over 2 stone as a result.

I do feel I have no energy and wonder if it is the lack of the 5 food groups in my diet, but I am told that athletes survive on this type of food diet...rather them than me ! I want my taste buds back, everything tastes horrible.

xx Ruth xx

Fowey I have popped over from the April Board. I see that you are suffering with diahorrhea. I had it for 5 weeks in the end I went to see a gastroentrologist who put admitted me to hospital for 3 days on a continuous drip on nutrients and minerals. The situation improved 3 days after I had come out and no more diaorrhea! I can now eat what I want and everything is back to normal. I put it down to that after chemo 4 the usual oncologist wasn't present and when I was discharged we asked for the Zario injections and were told we didn't need any as my white blood cell were ok!!! Well I quickly went downhill developed shingles and then had the awful stomach problems- couldn't even keep rice potato or toast inside! Hope this helps, you don't need to suffer!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your suggestions re drinks, I will keep plugging away !

Is anyone else having problems with muscular spasms in the neck/collarbone area? I am having to heat up a whatgern pillow to loosen my shoulder up. Its on the same side as my op and the nurses think I just havent exercised it enough, but its not there all the time? I keep having nightmares that the cancer has returned as it is one of the areas where it can lurk.

GMC - It sounds like you are in the wars a bit, keep your pecker up I know its hard to stay positive. Try not to brood I read or watch a film all day long anything to stop brooding, try watching a sad film like Schindlers List,I did the other day and thought do you know what? Maybe my life isn't so bad after all, well until I get diahorrhea that is lol. xx Ruth xx

Ruth have you tried peppermint tea. I couldn't stand it before chemo but it seems to hit the spot for now.

Ruth - I don't blame you wanting to eat something different. It must be so hard keeping to such a bland diet but so disappointing when you have such horrid side effects when you have a little break out!

You are doing well not to be tearful. I find that just a little bit of sympathy when I'm feeling down sets me off.

Wish I could suggest something good for you to drink. I'm finding Ribena the best so far closely followed by Earl Grey tea. Warm tea seems to go down more comfortably as indigestion bad at the moment. Keep focused on Cornwall - it will be glorious.

Gill X

Hello Everyone,

Lets hope all these horrible side effects disperse soon. I bucked the trend with my high energy diet today and rebelled and had veggie soup followed by Kellys ice cream...then paid for it for the rest of the day grrrrr

Fatigue is abating a little bit,which I am hoping is the case as I don;t wish to feel this grotty heading down to Cornwall in 2 weeks time. The worst for me is finding something I like to drink as water is making me gag at the mo as I have a horrid metallic taste in my mouth 😞

I havent been tearful yet, but I am sure it will come at some point !  xx Ruth xx

Morning Ladies

Having a difficult day today - tearful, thrush, indidgestion, stomach pains, fatigue. Just like before they all seen to kick in on day 5 for me. At least I know it's following the same pattern and it will get better in a few days time. Just have to get through it. Moan over - it's glorious outside now and I'm not at work so can sit and read or whatever I feel like- prob sleeping!

Jan- I'm going to memorise the Python words - you do make me laugh!

Gill x

I'm the same with the tears! Been told its the steroids! Ladycroft..I smiled at your post then the tears! Smiley ones though I think? Minds muddled as heck but as you say onwards and upwards..off to visit mum today ..shes more settled although plans to sell the house are slow..just need her moved now and hope it can all settle down at last xxx

Well , i think the side effects are cumulative as I haven't feit like this so far. Did manage some sleep last night .I'm also very tearful(haven't cried since I was diagnosed on Jan 8th) eyes leak at anything, FB statuses and inspirational posts ,tiger cubs (weren't they amazing) even blooming adverts ! Hope i snap out of it soon. Am still getting strange sensations like tummy doing somersaults so am taking cyclizine 3 times a day ( i really hate taking any tablets) and those sodding injections are making every joint ache . It's day 8 of my last FEC so I'm hoping Tac will not have the same effects. THought things were going too well,but I'm still lucky compared to most of you , 

Like you Ruth I have no energy and the nasty taste is getting me down, mints,refreshers ,lime all only work for a short period. I've been prescribed Lansaprole for indigestion but haven't had that yet . 4 steroid tabs  to take twice a day before  my first Tac on 2nd July ,managed to delay next treatment so I can go to the Python concert at O2.

Well onwards and upwards , the sun's just come out here , so come on girls all together now:

''Some things in life are bad, they can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble give a whistle
This will help things turn out for the best
And 
Always look on the bright side of life
Always look on the right side of life!''  Have as good a day as you can xx Jan 

If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing
When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly, chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle, that's the thing

Hi Everyone,

Day 8 and still no energy. I don't feel like I am living life to the full lately, I feel like a hermit ! I find my tastebuds don't exist and I have a horrible metallic taste in my mouth all the time.I am also finding it a struggle to find a drink I enjoy. I don't go out much with pals as they go out for tea or lunch and I wouldn't know what to have to eat or drink !

But family and friends come to visit me, bringing endless dvd's and books to read 🙂

Fowey is really worth a visit ladies, I have been all over Europe and I have never found anything to equal Fowey 🙂

I hope you are all fairing better than me with FEC as time marches on, one more to go for me on July 1st, then onto 12 x Taxol which I sincerely hope doesn't have the effect on me that FEC does !  xx Ruth xx

Hi, on day 5 of 3rd Fec..feeling ok , usual things, taste,constipation etc although the omeprazole has really helped now its kicked in with indigestion so I can tollerate a lot more foods this time round..mostly sweet or spicy because that hits the taste buds. Still don't like the injections got them till Thursday but managing to do them myself.
Sheryl, as you say I'm trying to keep life as normal s possible whilst on chemo, still shopping at weekends with family and popping to the pub. We went out for tea last night for a belated anniversary and fathers day meal..pub quieter...which I enjoyed. I have also plucked up the courage to wear my wig at last as the stares were getting me down..its not to bad just hot and i keep thinking its riding up !!
I also have those thoughts but try as much as i can to put them in a little box at the back of my mind..hopefully they will stay there but it will be hard for us all to stop them popping out from time to time xx Have a good day all..suns out again xxxLinda xxx

Hi all. Hope those that have had chemo this week are not finding the side effects too bad. I seemed to have got off lightly this cycle with very few side effects and a good level of energy, I even managed a day shopping in Kingston and lunch with my friend yesterday. I have lost my taste which isnot a bad thing as I can't taste the disgusting penicillin tablets that I have to take twice a day. Whenever I go out I order salad these days as its the one meal that really hits the spot and refreshes the mouth.
I started to read the May moonbeams thread last night to see how they were getting on a year later. It was really inspirational to read they're planning a weekend break to meet up and celebrate. However it was so sad to read that one of them sadly passed away earlier this year. It really upset me as like me she was 43 and a mum. Throughout this journey I've been so positive and always considered I am going to be one of the lucky ones as will 8 out of 10 of us but then it hit home 2 out of 10 of us won't as this amazing lady didn't. It really hit home that I'm so glad I am living life to the full during chemo whilst I'm able to by going out and meeting up with friends whenever I am able to. Sheryl x

Brings back memories when you talk of the china clay. We stayed in Golant just outside of Fowey and had a trailer on our car for our bikes. When trying to find our cottage we ended up on a slip that went into the river but the trailer wouldn't reverse and we were stuck on the railway line. Reassuring the kids it was a disused line we unhooked the trailer and reversed the car. Literally 5 minutes later the clay train rolled past, someone was certainly looking down on us that day.
Been for breakfast and did half an hour of shopping and now I'm flaked out watching telly. Made me realise how much it does take out of you when I struggled to make it up 3 flights of stairs when usually I'd be running up them.

If you google fowey webcam: ferrymans cottage, you get a live view of the fowey estuary , look at it several times a day , especially when I am feeling really fed up😪 also google polkerris live webcam and you get a great view of the beach and sea, the pub is just out of view!! Xx

Going to have to take a trip to Fowey on next visit that way - you've inspired me!
Gill x

Yes I agree, many an hour can be spent watching the ferry going across and people watching too, yes we love the galleon too, used to go in for Sunday lunch out of season when the live band played, last year after saying we would go in but never getting around to it we had a drink in the ship inn which was also really nice!!
We have earmarked a small house to rent this tear overlooking estuary down near caffe mill car park, which takes dogs too! I also like watching the big ships coming from all over the world for china clay.
Not too be too morbid, but for many years I have requested family scatter me off the headland near fowey as I love it so much!!! Wendy

Hi Lovewine,

I adore Fowey, we have been going there for over 30 years, it holds many happy memories for us and my hubs has been going even longer ! Yes Sams food is great especially the fish stew 🙂 We also love The Galleon, simple but lovely pub grub 🙂 We stay in Fowey in an apartment that overlooks the estuary and I can sit on the balcony for hours just watching all the activity, particularly when the big china clay liners are being turned or when the yachting club are out in force 🙂

3 weeks and counting 🙂 and Fowey is lovely all throughout the year, we have been in all seasons 🙂 xx Ruth xx

Hi Sodastream,

Yes, hubs stayed up to watch footy too and had gone this morning when I woke up to have a fathers day game of golf 🙂

I do usually try to keep going all day, but this session has really knocked me for 6, I was even dozing off in the car when we were going shopping yesterday !

I will get to Cornwall if I have to crawl to get there ! :)) I hope you are fairing well xx Ruth xx

Hi Ruth, popped over from April thread to say judging by your user name you share the same love as I do for the lovely town of Fowey! We have been visiting this area every year for 20 years, our sons are grown up now, but every October myself , hubby and our 2 border collies visit, we stay usually near polkerris which I am sure you know, rashleigh inn and a nice cold glass of wine whilst watching the sun go down, nowhere nicer!!
You will get there I am sure, think of sitting on the harbour front looking over to polruan and maybe having a lovely meal in " sams" which to me do the best food ever!! Maybe you won't feel up to walking the coast path past readymoney cove to polridmouth but you can still do lovely things!! We hope to go as usual in October, I just can't wait either! Wendy x

Hi Ruth
You will get to Cornwall and if you're exhausted you might as well be exhausted in Cornwall with fresh sea air and beautiful views than stuck at home.
I'm having no problems sleeping but I do keep going all day no matter how tired I am so I know I'll be able to sleep at night. It must be awful to not be able to sleep Gmc . I'm glad your mum is ok so that will be once less worry on your mind.
I' m off for breakfast out this morning for Father's Day as my son has a golf competition later so we couldn't go for lunch, only problem is they all stayed up to watch the England game last night so I've got to be the mean one that wakes them all up. Sheryl

Gmc,

Adore Cornwall I will be heartbroken if I don't get there !! xx Ruth xx

Hi Everyone,

Day 6 after 3rd FEC and I am really struggling to find energy to do anything. The fatigue is really wiping me out, it could be my high energy diet I guess as I am not getting all the nutrients of a normally balanced diet. My sleep is all over the place and my eating habits !

I hope my 4th and last FEC is not like this as I go to Cornwall 4 days later !

I hope you are all fairing better tham me, Ladycroft you must be exhausted as well, just go with your body during the day thats what I do xx Ruth xx

Well 3rd night of no sleep ,got back from visiting mum in Lancashire at 6pm made Roy a nice father's day meal as he works Sundays and went up to bed at 9pm still waiting for sleep . Mum will be ok if they can sort her reflux out and she was glad to see us .Thought the journey would tire me out but only dozed for about an hour. Well back to bed with earphones and ipad . 

Hi Ladies

Had 3rd lot of FEC-T today so feeling a bit spaced out and off to bed soon. Not looking forward to the next few days especially as it does all seem to build up in the system. This time the chemo nurse has given my tablets for thrush (which I got both times previously) in advance to take before it kicks in so hope that may ease things.

Seems you are getting different advice re hospital visiting. Isn't it all very confusing. I know I've been told that it's days 10-14 on the Fec chemo that our immune system is at an all time low and on the days 5-9 when we take the "T" chemo .

Ruth - I hope you had fun shopping with your daughter. I love it when I can spend time with mine but only one of them enjoys shopping!

Jj1892 - I'm glad the Omazeprole works for you. I had bad stomach pains first time around so this was prescribed for me the next time but had horrid side effects like the trots and bad wind so couldn't leave the house for a few days. Trouble is I'm not certain if it was the pills and not just chemo side effects.I'll see what happens this time!

Jan - what  a long journey to visit your mum, hope it went well and all ok with her. No doubt you're really tired now so look after yourself and don't overdo it.That wasn't meant to sound bossy - just know how we all push ourselves sometime !

Ruth and Sheryl, I am another fan of Devon and Cornwall. All our family holidays were spent there as my Mother's family come from Exmouth in Devon. My brother lives in Tavistock so we visit regularly. Such beautiful counties and can't wait to go back soon - just haven't arranged it yet .

Sleep well friends

Gill X

Hi Ladycroft,

I was given instructions by my chemo nurses not to visit Dad in hospital or Mum in care home incase of germs, so I wonder why you are able to? I was told it was due to zero immunity whilst on chemo>?

I don't like huge malls either, but we thought we would take our uni daughter shopping for much needed clothes whilst our older daughter is in Lanzarote 🙂

I am going to MK theatre In spetember to see the wonderful Dawn French on the 18th 🙂 and we go to Ikea too 🙂

Sill nauseous today and very tired , I have got more tired as I have moved through these FEC sessions, one more to go though 🙂 xx Ruth xx

I take omeprazol for indegestion no side effects from those as i took them a few years ago aswell. They take a few days to start working though so take one every day

Hi Ruth, I'm on day 4 of round 3 too, no sleep furry tongue but no particularly sicky. Have to visit my mum in hospital as she's just been admitted for third tme with urinary infection and sickness. Not looking forward to the journey though 200 miles oop north, Hope things with your dad goes well and you enjoy MK ,it;s only about 15 miles from me but we usuallt just visit the theatre or Ikea! Only shop there at Xmas ,don't like huge malls xx Have agood weekend Jan

Hi Everyone,

Day 4 after 3rd FEC and feeling really drained and nauseous still. All I can eat is toasted muffins or a plain ham sandwich or a odd digestive...oh to enjoy food again !!!

Wax2014 I have 2 anti sickenss drugs...Emend and meto.......the name of the 2nd one escapes me. I think it is the steriods that cause the nausea as when I stop taking them today, on previous FEC's the nausea has dispersed. You mention your veins, have the altenatives such as a portacath/picc/hickman line been suggested to you? I have a port  as they were struggling in the beginning to find a good vein in my arm !

Lovely day today ladies, off to my parents house as the hospital are bringing Dad out to assess if he could manage around their home, then if I feel ok I may brave a shopping trip to Milton Keynes tomorrow 🙂 xxRuth xx

Morning all, the talk of cornwall is making me more exited, I'm like a kid with holidays..I love tintagel and polpero so can't wait.
Sheryl, think I'm with you regards the radiotherapy think I'd always be wondering if only..if anything was to come back..I want my other breast lifted so if i have to have surgery to repair damage surely it can be done at the same time?? Can't be any worse than the surgery I've already had..
Had FEC 3 yesterday wasn't to bad, veins a bit sore but feel ok . Got another pill to take along with anti sickness,steriods and injections..anyone taking omeprazol for indestion problems? Please let me know if there are any nasty SE to watch out for..
Hope you are all have a good day, suns out enjoy xxx

Hi Ruth
I'm on 4 FEC and the 4 Docetaxol.
I love Padstow and Tintangle, we went there this time last year and you can't beat the views up on the cliffs looking over Tintangle. I also loved our holiday to St Ives just not the 8 hour journey to get there!!
By the time you can eat chocolate you won't want it. X