1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting chemo October 14

Junash

Re: Starting chemo October 14

Back up to school soon to pick up Sam - wish my flash mob were with me - wouldn't that just be hilarious!! Love it.

Blowing my own trumpet time - soz but I rarely get to do it - letter from my oncologist to my GP "Julie has sailed through first cycle of chemo with minimum side effects, she is psychologically remarkably well adjusted to the alopecia".

The oncologist obviously didnt see me sobbing in the shower when handfuls of hair coming out, blubbing with friends when being shaved BUT once hair was gone it was a release - now it feels normal - time is a wonderful thing.

2nd FEC side effects same as first it seems, so I'm very fortunate at the mo. My heart goes out to those suffering more side effects - hope you're getting stronger every day. Oncologist wants to see me after 3rd FEC as that's the switch to Docetaxal - but will stress about that nearer the time.

catch up soon - sorry this post is me, me, me but no one else would understand! Xx

Murphy1963

Hi PETA, I had to ask for emend, I think most places don't offer it as it's so expensive, but if you have suffered I'm sure they will give it to you xxx
nicnac15

Well done kf791 on your first fec and the cold cap i had my first one mon and i also managed cold cap i too found first half hour hard but managed the whole 3 hours. Time will tell if its worked hope so. Finished all my steroids and anti sickness tabs today start the injections tomorrow eek. Luckily my best friend is a nurse so shes offered to do it for me.
As for feeling of sickness its still with me since monday any ideas im struggling with most foods.

Debtex sorry to hear bout your hair im sort of preparing myself to in case it doesnt work.
Keep going ladies we all seem to be coping with everything being thrown at us. Xxxx
Peta

Good luck tomorrow Lainie

I'm going for my blood tests today, so will find out later if it's on or not on Friday. I expect it will be as I feel fine now.

Are you taking the standard anti nausea drugs or this one Emend that people keep recommending? I've asked them to up my nausea drugs this time, do I'll see what they say.

Going out bald, I had to try it, it really was okay it seemed to switch on people's be nice switch. I look a bit like someone or do,etching from Star Trek I think! 👽 I think I'm more worried about going out wearing a wig to be honest. I'm wearing a hat today, but that's because my head is cold.
Linzz

I think Bettypoppitt is right, the cumulative effect of all the minor things will add up and p*ss us off as we go along. Yuck. My forehead is pure teenager right now, if it gets any worse I will certainly ask about antibiotics now I know that's a possibility.

My mouth was dry to start with because of something else I was taking. I had to stop that (thankfully that problem had mostly resolved) but not before I started geting oral thrush. The GP gave me stuff for it and its clearing, and will hopefully go without being painful. I had ordered Biotene toothpaste on the internet so have been using that with a soft toothbrush and sodium bicarb mouthwash as recommended by my unit. Fingers crossed it all keeps away ulcers, as this was one of my main fears. I also read somewhere that changing your toothbrush every cycle can help keep everything healhier, so I'm going to do that.

I like how everyone would like to come down like a ton of bricks on the awful playground woman. We wil organise a flash mob of retribution if she strikes again!

My worst encounter so far was when I told my colleague what was going on. She is the one who is holding down the fort whilst I'm off so I couldn't tell her what I really wanted to! She immediately started relating all the BigC related stories in her repertoire. At that point I was always just a fraction away from bursting into tears all the time and so in a daze I let her drone on. After hearing of the FOURTH death, however, I managed to say "well, I'm only interested in positive and uplifting stories so lets talk about work now" and went on to dump far more stuff onto her than I had meant to Robot LOL 

My other "jaw drops open are you really saying that?" moment came from a good friend. Obviously your friends relate to what's happening to you by tying it to things they've experienced over the years. This friend has plainly never known anyone with cancer or hair loss but I didn't reliase that until I'd been listening to her talk at length about someone's experience of treatment etc. Eventually I twigged she was talking about Samantha from Sex and the City. Really ????? 

Sorry for the long post. I think daytime telly is finally starting to bore me!

bettypoppit

Junash you sound so 'in control' and grounded - it's uplifting to read...thanks.
i hadn't mentioned the spots (muphy has claimed that :)), but it is something that happened to me - only a couple so not worth antibiotics - will keep this in mind tho going forwards. Also thanks for posting tips for mouth ulcers...i was touch and go with them too. I have now developed a runny nose - thanks to whoever (sorry don't remember who) regarding nose hair...never entered my head before i read that! Oh, and my eyes are a little itchy!
《《BIG sigh 》》 I'm coming to the rapid conclusion that it is all the 'minor' irritations that will be wearing me down thro this process...as soon as you start to feel like you're winning - bam, something else bites your backside! Just as well mine is sooooo huge 😉 lololol

Good luck and hugs to you both Peta & Junash with #2 tomorrow - fingers & toes crossed your wbc improves Junash. Have they given you anything to boost you up?. (Jingox are you on #2 as well or past that - again apologies as i cannot keep track) ....just think, that will be a 3rd done by tomorrow evening 🙂 🙂 🙂 xxxx
Johnston71

Murphy1963. I had fec followed by taxotere. I had manky skin with Fec but it was nothing compared to the steroid reaction with Tax. 10 days after treatment I ended up with the most horrendous acne all over my face, chest and between my shoulder blades. I felt it was just adding insult to injury. Was advised that there was nothing that could be done as it was due to increased oil production thanks to the increased dosage of steroids that have to be taken prior to having the tax. It wasn't a bacterial thing.

I found that washing my face with e45 emollient face wash every day and 3 times a day when acne was rife (4 days) followed by Kiehl's skin rescuer improved symptoms slightly. It certainly helped with the burning and itching. I also scared the children with my porridge oats face masks!
Murphy1963

Hi lainie, I was the spotty lady 🙂 hasn't been so bad after my 2nd fec but I'll keep the antibiotic in mind xxx
LainieG

Someone said she had spots after treatment like me. Was it you Betty? My memory is terrible! Anyway I mentioned it to the nurse yesterday and she said it's steroid induced acne. They'll give you antibiotics for it and they work. Hopefully this has got to the lady who had them.
Junash glad you're doing well and managing to avoid that poisonous kind soul. Stay away from her and the rubbish she's spouting. Stay well xxx
Junash

I'm using biotene mouthwash, toothpaste - no mouth ulcers but have got dry mouth, think they also do a spray. Says on bottle for those receiving treatment. Sainsbury pharmacy had them behind the counter.

2nd night after 2nd chemo has been fine - early bed, early rise though - steroids. Eating bland and water water water.

Avoided kind soul yesterday afternoon in the playground - as most people do. She's on my hit list.

May try and get some more ZZzzz

Hope you're all doing well xx
LainieG

Peta I've had the dreaded mouth ulcers. My mouth was sooo sore. I got some mouthwashes and gel from the hospital and they helped tho so I'm going home after chemo on Friday with a supply of them in case it happens again. The nurse suggested cutting the dose of chemo to prevent them but I really didn't want to do that. On the plus side tho I had no nausea. I was really dreading that. And well done you going out bald. I'm a coward. Don't think I could do that. Good luck for Friday. Second cycle for both of us. We'll hopefully ... my white cell count was a bit low today so have to have it checked again before chemo on Friday xxxx
bettypoppit

Hi Junash..cannot believe that you have been ambushed by some doom monger....avoid, avoid, avoid....oh and ignore everything coming from her silly ignorant mouth!!! Count to 10 xx
Kf791

So first FEC done and dusted! Got fingers and toes crossed the SE are minimal! Cold cap wasn't too bad, the first half hour was hard and I briefly thought about giving up, just thinking it was going to be like that the whole time, but as soon as I thought that it stopped hurting and I kinda forgot about it then!

Linzz, you did make me chuckle about your hubby trying on Hilda! 🙂

Well done everyone else on your 1st and 2nd rounds and I hope you all don't suffer with side effects xxx
bettypoppit

Linzz, loving your style with Hilda and OH! Lololol x
Peta

It's good to hear that you've got the go-ahead Sue! I hope it goes well next week. I'm allergic to anything penicillin based, which limits the options a bit on antibiotics.

GCSF are the bone marrow boosting injections, I've been doing them myself and it is very easy to do and the needles are very, very tiny and it doesn't hurt. The district nurse will come I think, but I just thought it would be more convenient to do them myself. I'm doing injections from second day for eight days. I was told by the local hospital near me that whether you get them or not can be down to your hospital budget and where you live.

Good luck and welcome to the others who are just getting ready for their first chemo, most or even all of us have said that it wasn't as bad as we had thought - I felt fine after the first ten days, so I hope you fare as well as us. I felt naseuous but haven't had mouth ulcers which I was a bit worried about, but that was all fine.

I shaved my head yesterday, it started falling out around day 14 and was really painful like sunburn, it's stopped hurting now it has gone and I've been able to slap lots of cold cream on it to soothe it down. I went and tried out my naked no hat baldness in Waitrose, not too many stares and people were very friendly when I spoke to them, so good result.

Linz - love the idea of your husband being roped into a bit of Freddie hoovering. 🙂

sue456

Ps also allergic to many antibiotics . Which is a big problem. Sue xxx

sue456

hi lainie
i was told yesterday the reason im having injections is because im pron to picking up infections. sue xxx
LainieG

Junash don't know how you managed to listen to that 'kind' soul without walking away. Some people are so insensitive aren't they!! Did she really think you wanted to hear that?? You must have wanted to slap her. 😠😠 Everyone's experiences are different as you know from all of our responses to chemo, and radiotherapy has advanced unbelievably over the last few years so its highly unlikely that you'll have those problems. Xxx
LainieG

Murphy sorry you're having a hard time. When I couldn't eat I found some tomato soup went down well. I've been left with an aversion to sweet foods and it's still with me in week 3. Not necessarily a bad thing lol. I normally have a very sweet tooth.
Debtex that's rotten that your hair is coming out after using the cc but you're dealing with it so well. I'm liking the scarves too. Someone asked about makeup. If you can, get along to a look good feel better session. They teach you how to apply your makeup and we were given a lovely gift bag full of makeup, skincare products and even perfume. All good brands and not sample sizes and matched to your complexion. I was amazed and I'm doing my makeup every day now. It makes me feel so.much better.
About these injections everyone is having, I didn't get them. Glad I don't have to inject myself but a bit worried that I'm missing out on something that I should be having!
Love and hugs xxx
Murphy1963

Thank you lovely friends for cheering me on. Yes two down, next one I'll be halfway there!! Thanks for the eating tips, bananas have been good, gives me a wee bit of energy. I can't believe I'm not enjoying my food, I normally love it 🙂

Going to venture out to shops tomorrow, see what's coming in for Christmas, your beanies have out me in the mood xxxx
Junash

Sue - eBay, search christmas beanies, got a nice merry Xmas one and also a bah humbug one which husband can wear - £3,each.
Debtex

How funny linzz .💇 Thanks for cheering me up everyone . Who needs hair anyway pah !
jingo_x

Debtex sorry to hear about your hair - I am cold-capping with very thick hair too, so feel I should get more prepared now!

Murphy1963 sorry to hear you have been feeling unwell.  When I couldnt face food I did manage to force an occasional banana down which I felt kept me going even though I didn't want it.  I am sure you have tried everything, but hopefully your appetite will return soon.

sue456

hi Junash
u must b a strong lady i wouldn't of been able to do that i would of had to say something to the silly women. where did u order xmas hat from sounds like a good idea. sue xxx
Junash

Debtex - that's a bummer about the cold cap - another thing to get your head around but pleased you're liking your scarf - I've embraced my beanies and have just ordered a Christmas beanie to get in the festive spirit 🙂

I'm having the one injection - slow release, instead of the 5 injections - so it is out there - maybe worth asking? I am covered on this through work insurance so maybe that's why? Annoys me that these things are available but hard to get hold of - bit like the emend anti sickness - it should be a matter of course. I inject myself - no worries on that score as having had IVF in the past I'm a dab hand!

Murphy, sorry you're suffering but you're getting through it - day at a time x

Had a chat with a 'kind' soul in the school playground today, who is someone that sucks the life out of a room, she went onto tell me how awful radiotherapy is and she knows someone, who knows someone who was terribly burned and scarred and reoccurrence etc etc. I stood there like a mug nodding and tutting but I should have told her to do one - came away annoyed at her and annoyed at myself! I'm getting through chemo - well at the mo - don't need to hear horror stories of the next phase. Rant over!!!

Just getting ready to pick up son from school, I'd better avoid her or you'll see me on the news tonight with playground rage - I attract these people at the mo.

Me xxxx
Linzz

More injections? And you're meant to do them yourself? Good job no-one has mentioned this to me before now...

Murphy - so sorry you've had a bad time of it again. But you've put two behind you despite everything, you are so strong!

Debtex - sorry to hear about your hair departing. No-one even mentioned the cc to me until half way through my first session "oh, you weren't meant to get the cap were you?" which blew me away as I thought they didn't offer it! In any case, I hate the cold so would prob not have been tempted in any case. I must go shopping for some half decent makeup soon, as I think it might make all the difference. I'm great with eyes and lips but I literally have no idea about foundation, powder etc. Both? Just one? Anyone got tips for a foundation newbie?

Finally, if you are feeling down but have a willing victim nearby - make them try on your wig. I plonked Hilda onto my other half last night - it was all I could do not to stick on some Queen and make him do the hoovering. Cheered me up no end. Left him a bit non-plussed though Robot Embarassed

bettypoppit

Hi nicnac, i came home with the vials but district nurse organised by chemo unit to visit me at home (day 2-6...immunity boosting i understand).

Debtex, really sorry that cc hasn't worked for you and you have had what i would think would be a very upsetting morning. Well done you for dealing with it and recognising that you are looking good in the scarf nontheless x You sound so brave 🙂

murphy...I'm really sorry that you have had such a rough time again and i hope you are coming through it now. That's 2 done tho...well done you 🙂 with regards eating, i nibbled on shortbread and digestive biscuits, plus a few light crunchy crackers. In the evening i managed a bowl of fairly bland chunky veg soup. I had to push myself to eat, but as long as i did really slowly...i found that eating a tiny bit and slowly did stimulate my appitite. I felt that it was important for me to keep something in my tummy...we are all different with different experiences and reactions though, so i don't know if my suggestions will be of any help. Take care and again, bl***y well done you 🙂 🙂 🙂 xx
Debtex

My hair was very thick and lots of it ( normally a good thing) but I think that is why the cc didn't work . Murphy hope u feel better soon , have you tried toast with uncooked crumbly cheese like Lancashire on it ? That has just fed me quite well x ... Off to vacuum the upstairs after this mornings 'haircuts from hell ' session xx
Murphy1963

Hi ladies, haven't been on for a few days, day 8 of second fec and not been feeling too well. So sorry to hear about your hair debtex, I know how much you wanted it to work. I'm feeling a bit more with it today, getting something to eat is a problem though, I just don't fancy anything at all. Hope everyone is keeping as well as can be expected with minimal side effects xxxxxxx
sue456

hi Debtex
really sorry to hear about your hair that's one of reasons im not doing cold cap unfortunately it only works for some people not everyone.
Nicnac
i was told yesterday that i would have to have those injections but if i didn't want to do them myself the district nurse would do them for me i said that sounds good not sure if i could do them myself. sue xxx
Debtex

Hi ladies despite cold capping both fecs my hair has given up the ghost . I have hacked at it this morning -no point paying £40 at hairdressers as it's literally sliding off my head ! Didn't think was going to do scarves but found a nice one in my drawer , tied it , put bit of makeup on and I don't look bad ! Bit seventies / bit bohemian . I did cry though ! Day 5 after 2nd fec and not as sicky today . I hope ur all doing good x
nicnac15

Morning everyone just caught up with all your posts wow you all seem to be doing good. Im still feeling a little sick at the moment had my first fec this monday just managed to wash my hair but was so careful with it compared to normal. Im attempting to go into work for a bit today i work for my husbands business so can come and go which is good. Has anyone else been given injections to give to yourself i have to start them fri for 5 days think its to boost immune system or bone marrow. Xx
sue456

Hi ladies.                Good luck for today K F 791 hope it's not to bad for u.                                                                     It's lovely to hear u r all getting on with your wigs. Sounds like quite a few of u r really up beat and coping fairly well, it's encouraging to hear. I have a few busy days now sorting things out before I start on Monday. It's my twin sons 33rd birthday on Wednesday so must get cards and pressed sorted.   Thanks for encouraging posts .  Sue xxx

LainieG

Glad you're feeling ok Junash. Hope it continues. I know how you feel about work I've been told not to return until after the chemo is finished in January because I work with children and they're prone to colds and infections. I'm so frustrated because I feel well enough to work. I also go onto half pay in December because of all the time off I've had this year between the hysterectomy, mastectomy and now chemo. I'm not looking forward to that! But hey Ho that's life right now for all of us and we have to get on with it don't we. Looking forward to getting back to normal as of course are all of us.
Good luck again kf791 and hope you're ok after your first session epicurean kitten and nicnac.
sorry if I've missed anyone here and know that I wish you luck too xxx
LainieG

GeeG you are so nice about my wig but I'm not surprised because you are so lovely. I really enjoyed meeting up with you and you looked amazing. Considering you were on about day 5? I don't think I could have gone out at that stage and i certainly didn't look as good as you did. And your blonde hair is lovely. I certainly didn't notice any gray. It was good that you got to go out after the LGFB session. We were saying we should go out after getting all made up and feeling glamorous. I had a lovely afternoon and really enjoyed meeting you and putting a face to the name. Xxx
Junash

Good luck today KF791 - you'll be fine, emotional, stressed then relieved to make a start was the order of the day for me.

epicureankitten and nicnac hope you're feeling ok and not suffering to much.

Linzz when you're searching for a merkin can you also search for some nasel hair 4 me as I have developed a drippy nose - due to bald nostril according to nurse at chemo yest. Hope your guts stsrt behaving.

Fab news sue you're on your way xx

1st night went fine after 2nd FEC yest - asleep by 9 and up at 5 for a wee - still drinking gallons of water. Feeling well.

bettypoppit - oncologist said some of his patients say Guinness / spinich / red meat - not proven but worth trying. I had all 3 a few days leading up 2 bloods and mine were good - worth trying?

GeeG hope work goes well - I'm signed off to end of nov which i don't really get as I'm feeling good but GP said commute to London on packed trains best to avoid - am going to talk to work about tweaking my hours later start early finish to avoid the crush.

Steroids doing their job as I'm now wide awake!! Off to make a cup of tea and kick the cat xx

Love to all xx
bettypoppit

Hi lovely ladies...what a fab group we are 🙂 I'm g3tting so much from all the posts but like others, I'm completely muddled as to who lives where and is being dunked (still don't understand this term?) today, tomorrow or later in the week but i really hope you are all doing well tonight.

Can i ask what, if any, specific foods peeps are eating to boost bloods? I too seem to have lost a bit of weight (horray....bonus) without trying (never before) - reduced appite for a few days, then nonstop carb munching for a few days and then back to normal - albeit healthy with very little vino. So no idea how!

It's great that some are meeting up and putting faces to names. Great news for you sue - glad your agonising wait for the 'good to go' is now over for you.

Take care and hugs to all xxx
Kf791

Thanks Sarahjane, I hope you are well? X
Sarahjane71

Kf7r9 Good luck hope all goes well I am a little behind you but you have been so supportive to me with all my questions

geeG

Hi Everyone - apologies for keeping my head down but falling off first 3 days of steroids and now having finished the 5 days anti-sickness meds has been no fun at all…

What WAS GREAT FUN was meeting LainieG - who looks just STUNNING in her wig - ! - you truly do, Lainie - as did all the other ladies at the LGFB Session yesterday - I looked round and just could NOT tell who was bewigged and who was not ('cept for me in own hair getting a bit raggedy and grey peeking thru the faux blonde cos I wiz too mean get it done - LoL!) - but it was a grand afternoon - just a real shame not to get chance to talk to everyone - Lainie you were just grand - Thank You :-). .........so do make sure to go to one of these sessions - we were a bit later starting than should've been and I guess this reduced the interaction with each other. I was about 10 mins late not realising how long it would take me to walk up from the local station, and there were others in behind me. But what a GREAT AFTERNOON! OH collected me and we went for a quick supper at a local restaurant - so home/fed/wined/no washing up by 6pm - LoL!

I must now book myself in for a Headstrong Session - I have the dates so must just work it out with Diary and Work. As I guess scarf-tying is different with egghead, I shall wait till after head-shave next Monday.

Meantime - hugs to Everyone - how fantastic to hear how we live all over the country! My brain has no hope at all of remembering much about anyone at the moment, but I am just so thankful that we have found each other and are daring to share so much...... I am finding y'all wonderfully supportive. Like someone else I had HORRENDOUS constipation following my surgery - about 7 days - and just so painful - despite drinking galleons of water and begging twice daily Lactulose… not been so bad with chemo/meds as I anticipated - prob because someone on the forum said something that prompted me to consider Senokot or Fybogel at an earlyish stage… but then you do run the risk of squits if (when!) I misjudged … so fingers crossed for tomorrow (there has to be some good reason for stopping steroids after 3 days and anti-nauseas after 5 days - but b****r me - I certainly can't see 'why' just now!

Thankfully I still have some anti-nauseas left from post-op (I had quite low blood pressure and almost constant nausea for my 5 days in hospital) - so I am taking those today and see how I feel tomorrow. I am determined to go in to work tomorrow so will take more of these if I need to. Gee it's fun, eh? Head now 'going off' too - so shall add paracetamol and see if that helps… probably best just to Head To Bed … (JOKE!) … nite nite … more hugz… hope we all sleep ok…
LainieG

Great news Sue. You'll be glad it's starting at last.
Good luck for tomorrow kf791. Let us know how you get on and if you have any worries or questions I'm sure you'll get answers here since most of us have had our first cycle
Sending hugs to all you lovely ladies 💖 💖 💖
Kf791

Well first FEC is tomorrow and you ladies are definitely putting my mind at ease, so thank you!! 🙂 xx
jingo_x

That's great news Sue, bet you are glad to get on with it now!

Well done to everyone having first and second rounds this week, I think we are all doing brilliantly.  Day 17 for me tomorrow and still not losing any hair from my head, starting to wonder if that cold cap might just have worked.  (probably shouldnt have said that out loud and will find it all on my pillow tomorrow morning)

take care all xx

sue456

Hi ladies.      Hope people who had treatment today r not suffering to much.                                                               I finally got all clear from surgeon this morning. YAY!!!'   Saw oncologist this afternoon and I start chemo on Monday. Now I'm thinking this is scary.  Suexxx

nicnac15

So glad to hear your feeling well too junash and epicureankitten, i have to have 3 weeks of radiotherapy after this and tamoxifen for 5 years so hopefully by start of feb treatment will be over if all goes to plan. Fingers crossed. X
Junash

Hello all - home from today's second FEC - so far so good (she whispers).

I'm going to have to start a journal to get names, whereabouts you live and stsge of treatment etc. as have brain like a sieve.

Have lost 7lb since last FEC - 3 weeks ago - I haven't been dieting I promise, will sort out losing my excess flab after treatment - loss of appetite for a few days but binged on carbs for a few days - rest of the time just good food - so there you go - every cloud etc. etc.

Will report back later, probably in the middle of the night if I'm up - hopefully just from steroids and not nausea.

Feel better that another chemo out the way, hadn't realised that it had been on my mind as much as it had - the build up of apprehension.

2 down 4 to go (then another op, then 5 weeks of radiotherapy). Ho bloody hum. Roll on Easter 🙂

Julie xxx
nicnac15

Hi ladies had my first fec t yesterday wasnt as bad as i was imagining totally wound myself before hand but managed to calm down once o was sat in the chair. managed to keep the cold cap on for 3 hours not as bad as i thought the first half and hour was the coldest but i think my body climatised to the cold. whether ot has done its job i will have to wait amd see but my wig is ready in place. Now all i seem to be waiting for is any reactions to the drugs i cant stop thinking when am i going to be tired or sick or get a sore mouth etc. Not sure if anyone is from my area i live in derby (midlands). Xxx
Epicureankitten

Hi I had my first FEC yesterday and I too don't feel as bad as I expected! I'm not sure if I just got lucky but having read some if the comments it appears that I am not alone!
I am having my treatment at the Macmillan Cancer Centre at the Lister hospital in Stevenage. I have to say that the staff were and are amazing and things went very smoothly - I have rubbish veins so I am having a PICC inserted next week so that should make life easier for sure.
Looking forward to reading more comments from you all and I hope everyone is not feeling too rough x x x
LainieG

My wig is called Bo. I quite like it so I'll just keep using that name. I like that everyone is naming their wigs. It gives them a bit of character lol.
I'm having my second session on Friday Linzz, same day as Peta so I'll let you know. I had a fairly easy first dunk too so like the others I'm worrying that it'll come back and bite me on the bum this time. Good luck to everyone having first or second sessions this week xxx
Linzz

Hi Peta

I'm OK, just wish my guts would settle back to normal routine (TMI). My internet-bought spare party wig should arrive soon, She's red, which I am not normally so me and my OH will follow your lead and now come up with a great porn star name for her.

On that note, do the NHS do merkins does anyone know? JOKING Robot tongue

I'm afraid I have lost track of who is who and where and how far along they are - my usually fairly organised brain switched itself off at diagnosis and has thus far failed to reassert itself. But good luck to everyone for this week. I'm especially interested to hear how the second cycle goes for folk - I too am starting to worry about being bitten in the backside after a fairly easy first lot.

I'm in Edinburgh btw, being treated at WGH - not sure if there's anyone from the East side of the country on here but if there are - hello!