cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting chemo in April 2012

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Starting chemo in April 2012

Gadget-gal - I take one lot of steroids first thing in the morning and the second lot by 2pm at the latest, but I still can't sleep.
Day 14 and I am ok again - went to friends house last night and stayed ti 11 pm - would have been impossible a couple of days ago. Watched Mo Farah work his wonders. I am looking forward to the closing ceremony tonight.

My nails are also lifting from my fingers but have not got worse in the last few days. They are also covered in ridges. Has anyone actually had the nails come off completely, or do they just loosen? How quickly after the last tax dose do they start to get better?

Am going for a walk by the river soon with an old friend. It's so lovely to be able to do normal things. From next Monday I will be moaning to you all again about how awful I feel, still that will be the last tax. Those of you who have finished a few weks ago - do you feel better and better each day or do you have relapses?

Mary xx
libby12

Sara at my pre op check up they did a ECG, chest xray height, weight, blood pressure ect its to make sure your ok for the operation, its nothing to worry about I promise. I too am claustrophobic, even though I used to work on the 747s as cabin crew, but when I went for my rad planning the lovely nurse took me to see the machine, and its fine, nothing is enclosed you just lie there and the machine kind of moves around you, but it is all open. Margie glad the SEs are not too bad, I too still feel a bit spaced out, I have also developed into a serial worrier, every ache and pain I think is sinister, I must stop feeling like this as its really making me miserable, maybe I will talk to the doc about it , or someone at the hospital. , My hair is fine , thank you for asking, its sprouting new hair all over the place, the only problm is that roots are a pale sandy colour and the bottom half of my hair is still auburn, I look like a clown, but Paxman have advised not to colour it for a few months , and just to let my hair recover from the chemo. Tracy are you ok!! My memory is still awful I seem to spend all day trying to remember what the hell I was going to do, I have now resorted to post it notes all over the place, its really bad. Its a bit quiet at the moment in my house both my daughters are away, and I have too much time on my hands, I so I have started painting the kitchen , I might move on to the hall once that is done, Ill end up doing the whole house, I find it helps to keep busy. Campo can I book in again a soothing massage would be lovely. Anyway hope everyone has a lovely evening, the weather is lovely. Hugs to all Elainexxx

southpool

Afternoon Bunnies

MarGie - snap I am also in bed whilst OH is out doing the big shop. The truck is being kept away by the codeine but I am absolutely exhausted, feel like I could sleep forever. I have just snapped at OH because he couldn't sort the shopping list out & am now feeling really guilty because he has run around after me all day even going to get me my deli soup (summer chicken broth) and I was being really ungrateful. Sara12 I am so impressed with you getting through this living alone I don't think I could have done it, I feel so helpless sometimes.

Sara my surgery pre op was just a check up, ecg, BP and a million & one questions from the ward sister to do the risk assessment. It was also on the ward & took forever as I had to wait for a doctor to do the final check & she was caught up in an emergency. Think I summarised it as spending 3 hours at the hospital to be told I was healthy! It is probably best to be prepared for a longish trip.

Sammelee I am very impressed by you starting to sell your artwork, you will have to bring a sample to Bunnyfeste & thank you for sorting Campo out on the machines in recognition of her fabulous contribution to our wellbeing with Campo Spa.

My fingers aren't numb but my nails do feel like I have trapped them in a door & have red marks on them, so despite using nail oil twice a day I think I may lose them. I have used udderley cream on my feet & that has really helped with the dry skin. I do get pins & needles in both hands &
feet but have terrible circulation & have always had problems.

Big M getting funding for your son is a major achievement, I am a governor at a special school & know how hard it is to deal with local authorities on funding.

Will hop off now as the shopper is returning, no doubt with a random selection of food products all geared to fuelling his sky watching tonight (there is something happening with the planets)!

Love & virtual hugs to all you fabulous bunnies.

Sx

sara12

Wendy, you're not alone - I've also developed claustrophobia over the past few years and it has got worse as time goes on. Really annoying because it's irrational, but I can't help it. Have tried visualising nice things to take my mind off it, but that doesn't work. I'm glad to hear that the radiotherapy doesn't involve an enclosed space - I was in pieces after my MRI scan. At one time they said I'd have to have another scan after chemo finished but no-one has mentioned it since and I'm not about to remind them!

Spacehopper, I have also got some numbness on my fingertips and feet - also skin peeling off - but at the same time my nails are very sensitive to any pressure and are in a bit of a state - deep ridges in my thumbnails and some lifting off at the sides of a couple of the others. Like you, I hope the numbness isn't permanent because I'm tending to fumble with things such as getting pills out of their foil packets, opening bottles/jars etc.

Southpool - money for bunnyfeste should be in your account later today - if it hasn't arrived by Monday, let me know.

A quick question for those of you who've had their ops - what does the pre-op check-up involve? I'm having my op at a hospital two miles from my home, but am having to go to a different hospital on the other side of the city a week beforehand for the check-up, which seems strange, and am having to report to a ward rather than an outpatient clinic for it.

Anyway, going back outside while the neighbours' mowers aren't running - just have to hope won't be knocked out by a cricket ball flying over the fence as next door's father and son are in the middle of batting practice.

Sara x

margietee

Just seen the emoticon that magicked out of no where in that last message. Don't know where it came from but it is quite sweet!!!!

margietee

Hello buns

Almost 4pm and I'm still in bed. Oh brought me breakfast, then lunch, and now he is at the shops. He is such a star and I am so lucky to have him. Tax truck not hit yet since wed but I feel spaced out. I'm taking strength from the bunny who was told the third time is not as bad! Sorry names are not fully in my head at the mo. Some are, but forgive me if I don't mention everyone by name.

I feel I've been a bit wrapped up in my own thoughts for the last couple of weeks and have perhaps notbeen as supportive on here as I like to be, but I've turned the corner now that we have successfully and very satisfactorily laid my mum to restyesterday. Again thanks to everyone for their words of support.

Sara(h) I am so pleased the tumour has shrunk so well and I am sure you will have an excellent outcome from surgery. Thelwell pony I am sure you'll be ok with the rads. Will be thinking of you. I sometimes get claustrophobic and it is so horrid but I do feel the rads machine is not as closed in as some other equipment. You must voice your fears to them though. Campo, how amazing you have given your name to these machines!!!! Next comment - name gone and I can't scroll back to previous page without losing my message, but I am so pleased ? Has managed to delay rads. I think the planning 2 days after final tax should be ok cos it takes a few days for the truck to come .... So sorry my mind has gone blank on name , so rude. Put it down to age as well as chemo brain!!

Spacehopper I have lots of numbness in fingers and toes and when I am tired it extends half way up the calves of my legs. I also have 'lifted' toenails and finger nails. The onc says it is peripheral neuropathy . She says in some cases it continues but in most it will gradually disappear. Because mine is quite bad she reduced the dosage level of my last tax. I'm thinking positive and am sure it will recede in time.

Isnt it wonderful how many of us are now finished with chemo and everyone else is bringing up the rear quickly. Haven't we all done so well and hasn't it been tremendous to share this with one another. We have such a special bond. Such a diverse group but so close to one another.

There are lots of bunny ears on amazon as well as other places people have suggested. What a hoot October 27 is going to be!!!! Thanks so much to pixie and south pool for their organisation and to nat and vanns for the earlier organisation stages. Can't wait.

Oh is back from sainsbury's and will be up to see me in a min so I'll close.

Enjoy the final stages of the Olympics. Hasn't team gb done so well. And the organisers. Brilliant. Life will not be the same when it closes tomorrow night!!!

Lots of love to everyone - Libby, meant to ask, how is the hair?????

Peace and calm to you all, despite strimmers, screaming kids etc!!!!

Ooh, will respond tomorrow re achievement. Big m, love yours and I am sure the strong person you truly are will return in time.

Love, margie xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

@big m: what are the timings of your steroids, if I may ask? My nurses always told me to take my lady dose by 2pm so that I wouldn't be kept awake. Even on the double dose with tax I got a reasonable aMount of sleep.
Of course, this did mean i had to force down breakfast nice and early for my first dose of the day ....
Guest user
Not applicable

@spacebopper I had painful and sensitive fingertips and nails after the first tax. So bad I was prescribed codeine and high dose vitamin b6. The oncologist said nail loss was a possibility with such a bad reaction, but it hadn't happened yet. I haven't had any Numbness though I believe it goes away with time, just like any pain would
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls

Day 13 and I feel human again. Yippee! Went out for brunch today then round the shops and still feel fairly human. After the hell of the last 12 days it's such a joy to feel optimistic and cheerful.

My greatest achievement is winning the fight to get the last 3 years of my son's education funded by the local authority. I was told Surrey County Council (who ironically I now work for!!) was one of the least likely to agree to fund special education but I won, and without help from any solicitors or lobbying experts. We took our son (severely dyslexic, sequencing difficulties, poor eyesight) out of state primary at age 9 because he was struggling so badly and paid for him to go to a special school which transformed him into someone with self-esteem. It was astronomically expensive but my brother helped us (the one who died 2 years ago of pancreatic cancer - life is such a bitch). After a few years I approached the council filled in all the forms, got turned down, put in an appeal and finally won, so they paid for years 9, 10 and 11. I felt so good about it. SInce chemo I have become so pathetic, I can hardly imagine myself as someone who took on the system and beat it. The brain no longer works well enough to do that kind of thing.

All - I agree about the strimmers and lawn mowers. In my road the gardens are only about 60 feet long so I can't understand why it takes my neighbours an hour of whirring and whining to mow the ruddy lawn. Add to that two little girls next door but one who seem to burst into tears and scream at the tops of their voices around 50 times a day, and the old Tax-trucked nerves are really on edge!

Talking about funny things elderly people say - I am a volunteer for Age UK and I go and visit a 92-year-old lady who is house-bound, half blind, slightly incontinent and has one leg shorter than the other following a bodged broken hip operation. Recently she was musing on whether she would be willing to get married again, and decided eventually that she wouldn't. The issue of finding a likely beau didn't even come in to it! There's confidence for you.

Finally, does anyone else have trouble sleeping? I only take steroids for 3 days, the last dose being the day after chemo. But still, 12 days on I cannot sleep at all without taking a sleeping pill even though I am exhausted. I am getting a bit worried about addiction.

See you all soon - Southpool, the cheque is in the post (but won't be picked up till Monday)

M xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies,
Sorry not posted since my hospital episode from first Tax and kind of shut myself away in the warren to just get myself through it. Still read your great posts though.
Has anyone else had numb tips of their fingers and numb feet? I went to my doc thinking it'll all get better and she said it may not sometimes its permanent??????
Hope you're all doing well and can see the light outside the warren xx
I even had to send my lovely dogs away to stay with friends as just couldn't cope. Tax has been hard work(understatement). Still last one was 18th July YEAH! I went back to work last week phased return which felt so good to have a bit of normality and talk about something else.
I have a change of hospital for my radiotherapy and had my first appt last wednesday just waiting on a letter/call for a start date. Not looking forward to the hour and half journey to Bath but needs must and once I start I'll be counting down from 20 to 0
Bunny hugs and thank you all for the warmth and invaluable support, laughs and frank discussions I can't thank you enough you're all very special wonderful women x
pepihorse

Thanks for the info Hilary, Im just scared of making a fool of myself, I tend to "run" with the thoughts of "I gotta get outta here! and body goes without the use of the brain !!! lol!
I even ran out of the pyramids once, bashing through people who was coming the other way!!! (its was a single file entry !!, 1 lot goes in single file. then 1 lot goes out! single file!) I went out charging through the people coming in!!! running uphill through about 50 people coming down, in a narrow archway, that you cant stand up straight in! now im no runner, but boy did I flee!!!!!
I felt such a fool !! but my body did it, without brain !!!!
Hopefully I will be alright, you just can never tell with me, Ive been in the dentists chair loads of times and it didnt happen until my last crown. and I had already had 3 crowns done about 6 months before that incident!! with no problems!!! its so weird............ Maybe the cancer caused me to go all peculiar!!, mind you I have been quite claustrophobic in certain instances for about 6 years now, so I dont know why I am becoming such a wimp...never used to be........... I always felt I was a brave person who is in control of myself, but I certainly am not anymore!!! I have become a "feeble wimp" !!!!!!
Best wishes, and keep me updated on your rads experiences!!!!!!
Thanks
Wendy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Aw........ Thanks Sameelee xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx This is now my greatest achievement!
Guest user
Not applicable

Pepihorse - it does not hurt at all during treatment - area treated is slightly red and tender. Re claustrophobia I also suffer from this slightly but no where near as bad as yourself. You are laid on a bed with your head on a rest, your arm or arms will also be in a rest(s) above your head (depending if you are having one or two boob areas treated), knees will also have a support under them. The bed is open. The machine which looks abit like this (without the smile) will be just above you on an arm and moves around you - you are not enclosed inside any machinery. The room I go into is large and there is a small corridor which takes you to the machine. The room has a large door like a safe so as to keep others safe whilst the machine is operating.

Hope this helps a bit but could I suggest you tell the radiotherpay dept about your clastrophobia and maybe they will give you something to calm you.

Hugs & kisses

Hilary
Sameelee3

Silly thing posted too soon...
Have a lovely day, bunnies. Looking forward to planning my business and olyMpic fest. Will really miss it next week!
Love , lee xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Bunnies

Re strimmers and mowers - Sara12 & Pixi how about sabotaging your local electricity supply to silence your neighbours for a while until you have finished enjoying your gardens. Sara12 hope you get some energy soon and be kind to yourself - dont push yourself as your body is telling you what to do. Rest.

Pixi - Sex is definitely only a passing thought just now - a miracle in itself! Re Letrozole - Felt a bit nauseas for the first couple of weeks after taking it and still have a wave now & then. Had an emotional day about the first week of taking it so tell your OH to take cover. So hoping your SEs are little as you have enough to deal with.

Loved your recount of Mother & Auntie. You dont know whether to laugh or cry. We have a couple of octogenarians (OHs parents) who live near us and I was wondering whether we could join forces to deal with them together, as we need to return OHs parents back to the UK. They are also Yorkshire folk who have the same type of personalities (eg "and people dont talk funny"). Father, for instance refers to "that foreign muck" when refering to food with garlic in it. My initial response to taking sprightly but insane octogenarians was NO, please NO!!!. Im cruel - arn't I?

Week 1 of rads completed, so now only 3 weeks left to go - only real SE is redness and slight tenderness of area being treated, especially the lymph node area. Plus achy neck/shoulder (as if I had slept wrongly). The Rad dept advise to use a particular type of cream. I popped into the pharmacist & asked for Radiotherapy cream and they gave me a cream particular for this purpose. Told to remove bra once I get back home from treatment and to wear a sports bra when I need to wear one. Tired but that has been the case for weeks.

Okay Bunnies to all of you dealing with the tax truck hope it is run off the road soon and those with the last one you will soon see the back of it. Those having a good day have fun in the sun.

Hugs & kisses

Love

Hilary xxxxxxxx
Sameelee3

Morning Bunnies,
Really enjoy catching up with posts after having been away a while..... Fatigue passing and tummy gradually returning to some kind of normality, so am feeling much more positive. Dont have a proper dIary at the moment so started to fill in my chemo book/ diary with dates up to Christmas. Felt lovely to be able to plan ahead again. Had reflexology yesterday which was great, but on the way out of my friend's garden took a shortcut and almost knocked myself out on a low tree branch. Felt really stupid, and now have graze aNd the makings of a bigbruise on my scalp. Was a bit worried about having concussion or no white bloods to protect my poor exposed scalp, but, as you can see, I survived the night!
With regard to how things affect OH's, mine has been pretty stoical, really, as I am a bit accident prone. We had only been married for 6 months when I fell on a ski slope and messed up my shoulder. I was also just pregnant, so had go go through all the surgery, body splnt, further surgery and rehab, then have a toddler to deal with. I went back to work full time as well, and at the time OH was working away. Boy, that was a tough year. My poorly shoulder has been a third person in our marriage- it did affect my self -esteem and has stopped me being physically adventurous, so my OH did not quite get the woman he had before we actually got married. I know that he feels that, what with bc as well, his life has been somewhat altered because of my problems. I have to remind him constantly that the trade off is the sheer joy of liviing with me!
Re. Greatest achievement stuff, it might sound cliched, but it has to be my son. All my career achievements have been good, and I am proud them, but having brought him up person the person I see now makes me more proud than I can say. It's probably something to do with him being a late baby and an only child!
Looking forward to a dip in the campo pool later.... Yes, Hilary, it was me. I have personally order that all radiotherapy machines be inscribed with your tag as a tribute to your services to the psychological well-being of BC patient's. It is a testament to your recent stirling work that they have done this so quickly.
Have joined the Princes Trust for enterprise for the over 50's and received the package of info today. As a teacher, the world of business has always been a bit of a mystery to me, but I am thinking about marketing selling some of the art work I've been doing lately. I haven't had the courage to take it to possible buyers yet, but am working up to it. Have started to make a website with photos

pepihorse

Morning ladies!
Well, I spoke to radiologists, and got slight changes, I now have the pre-assessment on the 24th August at 8.42 a.m which is 2 days after TAX and then the Scan at 9.18 a.m on the same day. will be high on steroids, hope that wont matter!
I have now got 2 weeks clear and start the actual rads on the 12th September, so in all it will be 3 weeks to the first actual zapping.
That sounds a bit better, although would have preffered 3 clear weeks before even going for the pre-assessment and scan. I thouoght I had already had the pre-assessment last time I went, but am not sure what they actually do on the pre-assessment, last time I went, I just talkede to the Radiologist, and then was shown the machine, thought that was a pre-assessment, but maybe not............
Well, tax truck finally drove off and am feeling much better, actually went out to lunch with friends yesterday, and actually enjoyed it, rather than thinking..... is it time to go home yet, as Im tired!!! or Im aching !!! lol!!!
Probably go back again to work next week, just to keep my brain working, well sort of working!! I only do 6.50 hours a day, so finish at 3 o clock, so its not too bad, and I now am on a 3 day week anyway since january, so it actually worked out quite well, as I really dont ever fancy working a 5 day week again !!! I do accounts, so am only sitting at a computer and shifting paperwork about, so its not like being on your feet all day or anything manual as I dont think I could do that yet !
So ladies, what do you think about my new rads times, will that work out ok do you think??? the steroids wont be any trouble with the scanner thingy will it?? although I am very clostrophobic and get panic attacks if Im in a trapped position !!!! have been known to actually pass out !!!!! I passed out in the dentists chair last January, I was only having a crown put on !!! really weird, as I never used to be like it!!!
Will I get clostrophobic,? will I have a trapped panic feeling,? will I pass out!!!! ? oh dear, scarey stuff!!! I think I am more worried about passing out than I was having chemo or even having the MX !!! its embarrasing !!!
Only 1 more TAX to go, Wednesday week, and then no more chemo !!!! well hopefully !!!! So looking forward to be able to say that was my last chemo, just like some of you ladies on here!!!
I wont be having any other targeted drugs like Tamoxifen or Herceptin as they wouldnt work for me as I am triple negative, so if this chemo / Rads do not work, then thats it for me, Im afraid.
My best wishes to all those suffering the horrid side effects this week and to those of you who are going again for more poison this week !!!
Oh, yes and good luck with the RADS too !!!! let me know if it hurts!!!!!
Wendy xxxx (pepihorse) (Thelwell girl!!)

pesteringpixie

Evening bunnies

Why is it when we get a beautiful sunny afternoon all the neighbours get their blooming strimmers out? Who invented these monstrous things? I can handle the gentle clip clip of edging shears but stimmers should be banned apart from when it is a howling wind and pouring rain.

This afternoon thought I would go lay on the sunlounger, under parasol and read my latest book. OH put parasol up for me, got a big jug of sparkling water and fresh lime juice, hadn't been there 5 mnutes when next door neighbour started strimming. Could have wrapped the thing round his neck!

Christine, about 5 years ago I was in Edinburgh for the tatoo and had a great time. Loved all the pipes and drums and was really suprised to see so many Americans there, Australians too behaving more Scottish than the Scots - wering tartans and carrying banners acclaiming their affinity to various clans, I felt quite the little sassenach!

Still no SE's from herceptin... so just coming down off steroids so this may not be as bad as i feared. Start the letrozole next week so shall see what that brings.

Sara, you are quite right about living with someone ill. I get fed up of living with me! My head is telling me I should be doing this that and the other so off I go and do it and then the following day, i am like a rag doll who has lost her stuffing. So had a gentle day (would have been gentler withour strimmer) reading, painting and making up Happy Bags.

On my own again tomorow afternoon so going to walk over the road with easel, chair and paints. I live across the road from the Stour - the river that Constable painted. At the moment it is glorious with all the willows in leaf, the rushes are full, irises on the banks so am going to go sit and paint.

Hilary, I have rads planning on Wednesday so shall be thinking of you and the smiley do-nut. Glad to hear you feel sex may be back on the agenda soon. I asked my onc about libido... he said he had never been asked that before, said well you have now so is it going to come back. He said he couldn't see why not but my body is under siege with all this treatment so it is doing all it can to cope with that. Think this is another one for Vanns league tables - at what point do we get interested in sex again? At the moment, I am so blooming hot all the time i can't bear the thought of getting even hotter. Just bought OH latest John Grisham so hope that will entertain him!

Mother and Auntie Mary have booked to go on a holiday to the Isle of Wight last week in September - when we are due to go again - but they are going on 3 trips so can only see us on Tuesday and Thursday, shall they come with us and look at bungalows? Tentatively ask why they want to do that, we are not moving until October next year.... told that if they like the isle of Wight and theres something to do and people don't talk funny, they might sell their houses and buy a bungalow together on isle of wight so they can keep an eye on me and make sure I don't get poorly again. For once, I was truly lost for words. Hilary - does the spa take in sprightly but insane octogenarians???

On that note, I shall wish all you darling bunnies a good night and sweet dreams of abundant sweet clover

Much love

Pixie xx

sara12

Evening all.

Christine - glad you enjoyed your evening. We're meeting on Saturday 27th - we agreed a weekend so that it didn't affect anyone still on rads by then.

I'm so envious of those of you who have the energy for exercise - whether that's sex or walking or whatever! I am still exhausted. I went out for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon, then fell asleep on the sofa in the evening. Woke up with alarm at 8am this morning but promptly went back to sleep and didn't wake again until 1pm. I guess the difference is that a lot of you were younger and a lot healthier than me before the chemo started, so you're likely to recover quicker.

Southpool and Pixie - very impressed by your achievements - I'm afraid I can't think of any of my own at the moment unless you can count my unexpectedly getting the Middle School Victrix Ludorum at school sports day one year because I was entered in a lot of events and all the people who normally won them were off sick or away! It was a huge surprise and I got an engraved medal too - which unfortunately was stolen in one of the many burglaries that I have experienced over the years.

Pixie, it must be daunting to think you have so much treatment ahead of you - but we'll all be here cheering you on even if we've finished our own treatment. I'm sorry your OH was so unsympathetic - he chose the wrong moment to express his frustration, didn't he? It's a shame that men are allergic to seeking help, because families of people with serious illnesses can get their own support.

I hate to say it but it's extremely difficult living with someone who is ill. My mother suffered from ill health of varying degrees of severity right from when I was very young and effectively everything had to revolve around her. It wasn't her fault but it could be extremely frustrating for my father and me at times - but then we carried a lot of guilt of course for even having a negative thought about it. Just because you love someone doesn't mean you never experience some resentment at times.

It's a lovely evening here and I was enjoying sitting in the garden until all my neighbours started mowing their lawns with noisy mowers so I had to retreat indoors!

Have a good weekend all - and for those of you on your last Tax, hope the truck is lighter than usual.

Sara x

Guest user
Not applicable

@campo enjoy your weekend too!

@chris1pe glad you had a good night out.

Me, I've spent the day getting lots of washing out as it has been so warm, and I have a little more energy! the washing part is easy as I can load the machine, rest then do the hanging. We'll see how I cope with the ironing when spare parts for the steam generator arrive!

Speaking of heat, I think I started to have hot flashes this week. I had irregular periods during chemo, so maybe this is a delayed reaction for me? Given that I'm due surgerysometime in September and radiotherapy in october thereabouts. I suspect they won't last long anyway.
Guest user
Not applicable

What is sex? Oh wait a minute. I think I do remember! Think I'd rather have a bottle of wine and a bar of chocolate!
The Edinburgh Tattoo was fantastic last night. I hadn't been since I was a young girl. The seats were fantastic. We had a disabled member with us - 14 of us from the church were there - and we were able to drive our bus right into the arena. The theme was centred around the Queen's Jubilee and things that had happened during her reign and also characters who had been popular during her time on the throne. It was extremely enjoyable and we are looking forward to the DVD coming out in October. Didn't get home until after 1 a.m. so am a bit tired today.
Enjoying myself at Spa Campo on my hammock. Not just energetic yet for swimming with the dolphins and don't really want my bunny ears to get wet.
looking forward to Bunnyfest! Is it the 27th or the 29th. I thought it was the 29th but now that people have been asking I'm getting confused!
Hugs to all. Hope the TAX truck breaks down. If I can find it I'll sabotage it for you.
Christine xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Bunnies

Not having rads over the weekend so just thought I would check to see if it is possible to have a little glass of something as I might be tempted over the weekend, so typed the necessary "can I have alcohol whilst having radiotherapy". The search engine found our wonderful web site and under the heading "Enjoying yourself While Having Radiotherapy" found a wonderful thread from last year. What a hoot!!!!! Check it out if you have a moment.

Okay off to rads and enjoy your weekend Bunnies

Hugs & Kisses

Hilary xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Bunnies

Hope you enjoyed the walk & exercises down on the beach with me and the dog. She is now quite covered in sand but pooped. You bunnies look fabulous and are glowing after your exercises. Quick dip in the pool and the beakfast before our well deserved rest and treatments.

Southpool the strongest & hunkiest punkawallah is at your disposal, he is ready at the hammock nearest to the sea. Dont wear him out too much though!

Ambarose glad to hear family are returning from holiday and you enjoyed the leg & foot massage.

Libby12 your trip to the lakes sounded wonderful.

Gadget-gal and BigM - am I afraid I put weight on and now trying to be good and get rid of the extra weight but with the Hormone treatment possibly putting weight on it could be a upward struggle.

Namar82 - Lovely to hear you and your OH are very much together after the year you have had. Sex - well me & my OH are like you are very together but must admit sex has been on the back burner and it is just not important just now, but I have a feeling it wont be for much longer...........Yahay! Toooo much information!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Sarabee2012 - So glad you are coming up to the finishing line to join the rest of us of being chemo free after next week.

Rachel1P - hope you are not feeling too bad after steroid high.

Pepihorse - how did to the call go to the rads dept.?

Chrisp1e - Hope you enjoyed the Tattoo - also many years since I last saw the Tattoo. Edinburgh is my home town and where I spent my early working years - wonderful life.

Vanns - loved your comparison to the Olympic Athletes - very motivational!

Sara12 - very pleased to hear that tumour has shrunk. Yes I have also heard and read that boob can shrink after rad treatment. I am already lopsided so will be even more lopsided but hey ho more cotton wool in the bra or OHs sock for time being. LOL

Pixie - You have got a long road ahead of you but has already been said you will not be alone. You are an inspiration to us all and you are responsible for this warren. So you get those ears perked back up as you are surrounded by lots of supporting bunnies. Re you OH yes I think the sex drought should be further prolonged!

Sameelee3 - hoping your fatigue is passing.

I am on day 5 of rads and not feeling too bad. Still dont like the machine - imagine a big flat disk a bit like a smiley face , but without the smile. It was suggested to me that I try imagining it with dangly glittery earrings, some lipstick on but still does not work. I think I have been watching too much Dr Who over the years to feel comfortable with machines.

Anyway I am at the spa whilst it is doing its thing. However I do have a bit of a mystery - there is a screen on the wall which gives my full name and a list of the treatment the machine is giving - I assume. Once treatment is completed (only lasts 10mins) I look at the screen and it has CAMPO written on it twice with other numbers etc. So how do they know I am also known as Campo - which one of you bunnies has been talking?

Okay all of you get comfortable in the hammocks, punkawallahs are all ready for you, beauticians and even the hairdressers are lurking in the back ground for those of us showing signs of hair/fur. Chefs are on standby.

The sea is a very clear blue today and the gentle breeze has the scent of jasmine riding upon it. You can feel the breeze ruffling your ears, whiskers and fur. Stroking your faces & bodes very gently. Have a lovely gentle and soft day bunnies.

Hugs & Kisses

Hilary xxxxxxxxx
pesteringpixie

Typing on ipad resorts me to typing gibberish...... Please forgive multitude typos in previous post, i son't. Actually have aspeech impediment, just a typing one

pesteringpixie

Good morning bunnies

Hope we are all well, tax trucks stuck on M25 still and all able to enjoy this lovely weather and last few fays of olympics. Am quite sure i shall go into olympic withdrawal syndrome.

Elaine, they told me i would have steroids every time, i only get them on the day of the herceptin, apparently it is to help my body to cope with the herceptin. I could do with something to help me cope with the steroids as i hate the blooming stuff. Like you, i am finding it incresaingly difficult to remember things. I seem to do okay when i am teaching, but it is the mundane stuff, i come upstairs for something then when i get here, I can't remember what I came for. OH says I am tepeating myself. i tell him somethi g then half an hour later repeat it with no recollection of ever having said it in the first place. Fanny by Gaslight springs to mind - shall have to keep an eye on him. Try Anne Summers for bunny ears also plenty on ebay.

Ambarose, I am also excited about bunnyfeste, you are quite right the mutual support and constancy we have experienced here is like nothing I have ever had before. We have cried, screamed, shaken with fear, endure horrid pain, shared our rawest emotions, but we have also laughed together and held thojse virtual paws tight every hop of the way. I for one, now have Hilary's spa as my major visualization tool, when it all gets too much, I just close my eyes and take myself off to Bunny Hilary. So Bunnyfeste for me is a real celebration, not just of having got through chemo and other stuff but also a celebration of how unconditional love can get o through anything. We are a warren of givers, not takers. And of that, I am immensley proud.
Southpool, well you have given me pause (paws) for thought. My greatest achievement..... this quite tough as I can muddle it with greatest experience... Hmmm achievment, so something I have done.... okay, will go for this one. I always regretted not going to university when I was 18. So at the age of 35 and with 3 children under the age of 5 and a part-time job anda useless husband, I started my degree. It took me 5 years of studying every night but at the age of 40 I was awarded a first class honours degree in Social Policy. By the time I was 42, I had a Masters Degree. Funded the whole lot myself. Hmmm, I will go woth that. (though Monte Carlo sounds eminently more fun!)

Natalie, envious of your sex drive but then you are 20 years younger than me, so you go for it bunny. Am still preferring a cup of tea and my latest book.

Waving and smiling to Mary....... Sending love and hugs to Margie and wishes that all goeswell today.

Sarah, fantastic news about tumour shrinkage and surgery date.... Well done, you deserve to have good news as this has been such a tough journey for you.

Vanns, have booked you in with the. McMillan 3,you should soo be able to detect the aroma of stewed offal and Vicks heading your way. What kf the olympics aRen't at altitude, do you still get the oxygen tent?

Happy Bag news... Today i reached £2500. Had an order yesterday from Belfast, gosh bunnies, Pixie is going viral!
Roduction starts soon for Pixies Christmas Sacks to hang on your tree....will Keep you posted.

Right, mine is the hammock on the left, the one with Mark Foster as personal. Punkawallah.

Gentle days lovely bunnies

Much love

Pixie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Popping in from the May thread to say congratulations to all those who have finished chemo this week - hopefully I'll be there next Wednesday!

Julie
southpool

Morning Bunnies

I am up bright & early to start barricading the drive against the tax truck. Still hoping it's sat nav is broken! Nurse said Wed the 3rd one is quite often better than others, have any of you trailblazing bunnies ahead of me found that?

The reality that my last one is done really started to sink in yesterday. I have been keeping a daily journal throughout my treatment & detail all my side effects, temp & tablets so I can compare back. It has been fantastic & really useful as each day is so predictable. Yesterday I did the same and wrote everything down & then realised I didn't need it to look back on because I am done! ( hasn't stopped me writing every tiny detail down though - OCD tendencies).

Libby the break in the lakes sounds lovely & the pedometer is a great idea especially as you have such nice walking. In the dark days before my op when I was playing scan bingo walking on Crosby beach & Formby red squirrel reserve kept me sane.

Amba glad the family are back & I hope they brought you lots of lovely goodies.

We haven't had a question for a while & inspired by Vanns likening us to Olympic althetes, what has been your best achievement so far in life ( we all know that what we are getting through is a biggie!!). So starter for 10 from me, I won an award at work for my contribution to the business, only 30 people out of 2000 win them each year & the prize was an all expenses paid trip for me & OH to go to Monte Carlo!! It is such a lovely memory & I was so proud, one of those things I hang onto when the going gets tough.
Hilary could I possibly have a seaside hammock with avery strong punkawallah as my hot sweats are frequent & think I may have a float in the sea so a temporary lull in the waves would be good. I spend at least part of every day at Campo spa it is a lovely guilty pleasure and Hilary I am so thankful to you for creating it.

MarGie sending you virtual hugs for today, hope the St Eroids do their job & see off the truck.

Virtual hugs to all you fabulous bunnies.
S x

ambarose

Hi All bunies,
Just read all the posts and you inspire me to keep going. My last chemo is the 15th August and I have not had any info about rads yet .
I am really looking forard to bunnyfeste and cannot believe I am going to meet such a fantastically supportive group of women who all seem to have so much in common(not just the BC).
My family come back from holiday at 5am tomorrow so quite excited at seeing them all again. I have enjiyed my week though as my best friend came to stay and in between walking dogs and gardening, we had a lovely pedicure( mine was at Hilarys spa ) and my black nails are now a beautiful damson colour so I felt very pampered. Hilary-your beautician gave a wonderful foot and leg masage!.
Off to bed now as so late
Love Sarah

Guest user
Not applicable

I love the "Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" it's a great feel good movie, without being sappy. It will go down as one of my all time faves
libby12

Hi all, loads of posts to catch up on my memory cannot cope. Southpool I have PMd you re Bunnyfeast. Sara fantastic news on the tumour I am so pleased for you . Pixie why so many steriods you poor thing, is it just on the day when you have the Herceptin or like chemo a day before and after. Well its two weeks after my last tax and 1st Herceptin feeling ok, still don't sleep very well but I can cope with that. I have been up to the Lakes for a couple of days walking, it was really beautiful and I enjoyed it so much, took my lap top but forgot charger , my memory is still awful, actually i think its getting worse , I go do do somthing then forget, I have the concentration of a gnat, even when I am driving, I forget the way!!! Really looking forward to meeting you all, don't know what to buy for pressi to take as yet, and have no ears , does anyone know of a good website to buy them from, please let me know. I actually don't have any scales in my house, but the last time I was weighed at the hospital I had lost about three pounds, so I am still about the same weight, I have bought a pedomiter so I am aiming to do 10.000 steps a day, we have some lovely parks in Southport and the beach, so I am going to make the most of it while the weather is good. Well love to everyone off to watch the Marigold Hotel in bed. take care Elainexxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Big M, you've has the same experiences With food as I! Food just doesn't taste nice for 1-2 weeks after chemo. Starchy things tastes like cardboard and have the consistency of glue or cardboard. Sweet things taste like chemicals. Add the fatigue, and sometimes I'd rather lie in bed hungry than forage for food that will taste awful anyway!
southpool

Hi Bunnies

Have had a good day on my St Eroid high, got lots of work done & the Bunnyfeste spreadsheet & I now going to sparkle the house ready for my days under the duvet hiding from the tax truck.

Sara that is great news about the lump shrinking & you have a date for surgery. Suspect we will be having rads at the same sort of time as mine is delayed.

Christine enjoy the tattoo tonight. Looks like it will be good weather for it.

I'm with Sarabee on the sex front & am quite jealous of you Nat. OH is very understanding & still pays me lots of complements and I do still make lots of effort with my appearance because it makes me feel better.

I am off to watch the women boxers.
Love & virtual hugs to all
Sx

Ps MarGie hope all goes well tomorrow.
Little Chick hope you are ok, give us a wave if you can x

Guest user
Not applicable

Gadget-gal - I lost weight. I went from 10 stone 10 to around 10 stone 2 (so I'm not such a Big M after all). Mainly I think it is because things don't taste nice I am not tempted to eat much, though when I am feeling really exhausted, like today, I sometimes eat for the sake of it. Alcohol tastes horrible which has probably accounted for a few pounds, and I have no taste for anythong sweet.

I am on day 11 and was hoping to feel better but it is still just horrible. I am dying to catch up with all of you that have finished the treatment. I then have 5 years of tamoxifen - guess most of us do - and I have heard bad things about that. Any inside info from anyone about SEs on that? ANyone know what happens if you stop taking it too early?

Oh well, back to the hammock.

Love

Mary
Guest user
Not applicable

Sarabee. I to am counting down the days to last chemo next week. My last TAC is next Friday, all being well, and I cannot wait to finally say, I am finished chemo, I did it!

Bunnies, I have to admit to you that when I am on my good weeks, I do still have very much of an urge for sex. My OH is brilliant, never puts pressure on me, but always makes me feel special even when I am feeling the worst about myself and believe me, I feel less like a woman every day. I actually think that with each hurdle we have had to face within the last year, we have grown even closer together and we were very close to start off with 🙂

Sara, I am so glad that your tumour has shrunk, makes all the horribleness of chemo that little bit more worth while.

Pop back later bunnies

Love and hugs
Nat xxx
sarabee2012

Morning bunnies!
Feeling much better now and on the countdown to my last session of chemo next week. Brilliant news that so many of you are now through chemo. I can't wait to join you all!!

Gadgetgirl lovely to have you back and go you on losing weight!! I have now discovered that I weigh almost as much as two of the flyweight lady boxers!!! My lovely OH pointed this out but has sworn to be my personal trainer in the new year to get me back to my normal fighting weight lol!

Sex: you lot honestly lol! Can't even think about it let alone work out the actions!! Tbh my boobs feel weird enough as it is and I had a bit of a wobble about never feeling the same again. My OH has been great with lots of cuddles and tells me that I still look fab. Scarred boobs, bald head, fat rolls and all!!

Pepihorse: am now also thinking of you as a Thelwell girl lol! Rode as a girl myself and might take it up again one day!

Chrispie: have a wonderful time at the tattoo!! My daughter is mad for anything Scottish - too many Burns Nights as a child lol!

Vanns: am definitely channelling my inner athlete. So far I've watched pretty much every sport so am now ready to take on the world!!! We have all risen to the Olympic challenge and we are definitely world beaters!!!

Everyone else have a fab day!!! Sun shining here and a full day of sport ahead!! I'm exhausted already!!!

Hugs bunnies
Sarabee xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Wendy, my onc said rads threeweeks after last chemo. Rad department actually told me to let them know if my chemo got delayed so they could reschedule, so I really think you should call xx

Gaynor, definitely definitely not lost weight during chemo!!
Chemo nurse said yesterday I can start exercising gently when I feel up to it

Sara, great news on tumour shrinking xx

Christine, have a fantastic time tonight, I love the tattoo, never been but maybe I will.....
pepihorse

Lucky you Cristine (Crisp1e) I went to the edinburgh Tattoo years ago, always said i would love to go again, but sadly havent, maybe I will make it again one day !
have a lovely time, lucky you !!! I think my daughters going, she lives in Humbie, and spoke to her the other day, and she said she was going anyway, just to make me jealous!!
I must ring radiography dept today to see if i change change my appointments, feel better today so will make the effort!!!
take care everyone !
Hugs
Wendy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Congrats to every one who's finished their chemo. It's a great feeling. 3 weeks after my last TAX I am feeling well. Taste buds are returning to normal and I can stay awake all day - and all night sometimes too!
sara - glad to hear that your tumour has shrunk! That's great news and you've got your date for surgery too. We're all getting there.
pepihorse - bet you have some great funny stories about that naughty horse!
Must go. Have CT scan at 10.35. Then need to rest for a couple of hours as going to the Edinburgh Military Tattoo tonight and probably won't get home until the early hours tomorrow.
Talk soon. Take care everyone.
Christine xx
PS nice to see you back Gadget Gal x
Guest user
Not applicable

I'm curious now: did anyone else apart from myself lose weight while on chemo? I lost 8 kilos according to last clinic's weigh-in though some of it's definitely muscle mass because I had to stop exercising.
Guest user
Not applicable

Pixie,
It is a long road, but just look at how far we have come already! I do think you have been amazing to carry on working, fundraising and living, and your oh is being selfish.

I feel so sorry for my oh at times. I have gone from being a full time working mum, who occasionally had the energy to do something nice, to being a big, fat, bald, anti-embolism stocking wearing, steroid pumped blob that needs a carer for one week in three, and a nap every day. I sometimes see that I can get back to being that person, not exactly the same, hopefully better

Nat, glad you are enjoying the new car, have fun!

Vanns, love your comparison of us with Olympic athletes. You are right, when you hear their stories it does sound very hard. Sacrifices, just for different goals. Has made me much happier when watching the Olympics, even watched from the big chair yesterday.

Bunnies, am feeling quite high, due to steroids and last fec feeling. Please remind me not to do anything rash as will feel like sh*t tomorrow xxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi pix,
Glad your feeling ok, sorry it's a long road but we will be with you all the way. The treat/promise of the Macmillan 3 has certainly cheered me up but to be honest I'm feeling a bit better knowing I'm done.
Re your question about sex and the oxygen tent, the whole point is that you can't. The athlete sleeps in the tent over night for a minimum of 6 months ( although usuall longer) It is a principle call sleep hi, train low,referring to altitude. So this is just another sacrifice they make to achieve their goal. No sequins involved in this I'm afraid lol
Vannsx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi bunnies

Just wanted to write a quick post to congratulate all bunnies that have finished chemo today, well done to all of you, you should be so very proud of yourselves. You did it bunnies.

Pixie and Southpool, thank you so much for sorting bunnyfest, I am so looking forward to it and meeting you all properly.

Pixie, glad herceptin went ok today but sorry to hear that you still have the other drugs to deal with as well. My OH is booking his ticket for the car event at the NEC as well, keeps them quiet for the day, lol.

Nothing really to report from me other than I picked up my new car on Monday. It is lush and I am really enjoying driving it about at the moment.

Good night bunnies, love to all
Nat xxx
southpool

Vanns you have beaten me by a whisker & there I was planning my moment of glory standing on that podium with a gold medal round my neck, bald head shiny in the spotlights even though I knew it could be whipped away after drugs testing! Will have to settle for the silver now.

Pixie I am crying laughing at your post, OH needs a good smack & a long sex ban!!!

Sad to see the GB hockey girls knocked out, but love the Dutch team particularly the orange kit.

Sx

Guest user
Not applicable

Neuts 8.6 !!! Eastern block tactics win again. Together with the steriods ( not anabolic) and one or two other things I think I'm progressing well through the banned substances list. Is there an Olympic event foractual drug taking?
pesteringpixie

Evening bunnies

Gosh I had 27 posts to catch up on!

How wonderful so many bunnies have finished chemo today, well done to all of you.... we did it bunnies!!!

Today I had my first herceptin which has turned out to be not what I expected. I thought it would just be herceptin, but no, I get a bag full of anti-histamines and a big fat blooming bag full of St Eroids. Asked if this was just today when i have the loading does (double dose) and was told 'oh no, you get the anti-histamines and St eroides the whole way through.

So darling celebratory bunnies, although I have no discernible se's from the herceptin, I have all the usual carp that St Eroid brings and i have another 17 cycles of this. Hence my whiskers and ears are drooping as it feels such a long blooming road ahead of me. Also got the low down on joint pain and arthritis that is almost a guarantee with the combination of Letrozole and herceptin. So instead of being a bunny who hops, i am going to be a bunny who ambles slowly and aches...

OH is p*ssed off on hearing this and tonight told me he feels like he has lost his bubbly beautiful slim wife to be replaced by an invalid. Humpf. 6 months ago that would have upset me so much. Tonight it made me very very angry and i told him he was a selfish toad and with the exception of one woman (she knows who she is Miss Mersey) don't know anyone who pushes themself like me to keep working, a business going, fund-raising, cooking, and generally in the mainstream of life. If i am brutally honest, I think he is missing the sex!!! hahaha... After that comment he can miss it a bit longer!

Talking of sex, Vanns, I am now thinking of how one would have sex in an oxygen tank... I may find out as fully intend after your post to get meself to Rio. fancy the synchronised swimming as can't resist a sequin. If any of the McMillan 3 can be of assistance with the counselling let me know, I shall send the broomstick express for them. You will have one session, come out of it with a jar of Vicks, a mustard poultice, a green happy bag (traitors) something made of offal and a copy of Aesops fables as me Auntie Mary thinks there is the secret of life contained therein. She quotes them all the time.... I am compared to the tortoise in the tortoise and the hare. She tells me she bets the tortoise would be HER2+ as well and have the herceptin but he wins in the end and I have to think on that. I do, regulalry.

Pepihorse - I now completely visualise you as one of the little Thelwell characters astride a fat bad tempered shetland pony! I have lovely Thelwell prints on the walls of my study - I just love the humour of them.

BIG M - you may find a bunny who would like to share a twin room with you - anyone wants to share??? I am bringing OH as on the Sunday after breakfast we are driving to Heathrow as are flying out to Boston that afternoon. However, he is going to the NEC as there is a car event on so he will not disturb my bunnyfesting.

Know I have missed lots of people out but have read all posts and brain now quite fogged, but hugs to all, thank you for all virtual paw holding today......

Much love

Pixie xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

southpool

Misunderstood about double rooms - i thought some bunnies would be sharing with one another, did not think about OHs.

I will send you the money for the day and the 74 pounds.

Thanks a million to you and Pixie for organising. Can one of you send a note confirming the date as a couple of peeps have asked.

M xxxxxxx
Sameelee3

Hi everyone,
Good to have a full ish warren again! Such good news Sara, about your tumour shrinking! I know you were really worried, but your story helps remind us all why we have been through all this- it works. Like all of you having had the last chemo, I am so relieved, but didn't manage to quite skip out of the unit! Thoughts of the bunny fest have cheered me up, however, and as always it is so helpful to know that other bunnies are going through exactly the same issues. Well done Vanns, can feel that Positive energy coming through the thread -here 's hoping the tax truck has cushioned wheels.
I know it's not all over yet but....Im also really grateful for all the support you bunnies have given over the last 5 months. It has been a lifeline, and just a kind, thoughtful, understanding comment in response to a post, or a funny story has meant so much. You are all wonderful and am so looking forward to meeting you. Special thanks to pixie for starting us all off.
For the first time so far, I now have actual fatigue, I think, rather than just feeling tired. Previously, I have felt tired and low with SEs but today actually struggled to get up the stairs. Certainly haven't had that before, but it tells me how strong the cumulative effects are. Anyway, am determined not to dwell on the bad stuff anymore if poss. Today is day 7 and I should feel better from now on, once those bloods get a grip. Is anyone taking supplements athe moment? Southpool, will forgive your unashamed bloods boast. Just jealous!
Also thinking about buying a really good juicer- to juice those green leaves! Have been doing some research today, and it's hard to choose. Some of them are really expensive.... Wonder if any of you are regular juicers and can recommend? I do have an old cheap one, but to be honest it's sach a faff, and doesn't do green leaves, so I hardly ever use it.
Still lounging around in bed, but it feels like a safe place at be at the moment.
Back soon, and LittleChick, where are you?
Lee. Xxxxx

margietee

Yippee. That's me done, dusted and Final taxed too. I can't believe it. I feel so elated. I know we still have he dreaded SEs to come, but they will pass and then it is up up and away from there on in. Nothing can ever be so bad as chemo can it! What's more I had my favourite chemo nurse vampire who got the cannula in first time. I told him I love him! Southpool lucky you that your cannulas have always gone in first time.

I echo what others have said in wanting to say a huge thank you to all the bunnies in our warren for helping us all through this. Can you believe how a bunch of women who have never met (yet) can have put so much energy and love into supporting one another. Bunny fest is going to be amazing. Going to go on line now and look for some ears and will now start to think about a suitable secret warren gift. is pixie going to dress up as Santa bunny and give the pressies out .... doubt it. Most of us would probably squash her if we sat on her knee. I know I would!

sending lots of love and hugs to everyone. Pleased to hear my hammock is waiting for me. I think I'd like a champagne cocktail over the weekend' delivered by my punkawallah. A few canapés would be nice too. Specially designed to combat cotton wool mouth ... But of course everything tastes good in campo land.

I will be back after my traumatic next few days ....

Love, Margiexxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Margietee and everyone -thanks for welcomIng me back. Today has been so-so energy-wise. It was a slow struggle to get up and dressed. I need to take breaks between tasks!

I wrote a thank you note to the chemo unit staff , then realised that the card was upside down, so I had to copy the note into anoth card! We drove to Costco and picked up one of their giant iced cakes and delivered it to the unit, and got rid of my sharps bin at the same time. Unfortunately hand/foot syndrome is rearing it'd dead and is had to ask for another prescription while I was there!

I feel a little bit wistful that I won't be having the rest of my treatment there, as they've been amazing. Truth be told, I may elect to have surgery elsewhere as my inpatient experiences haven't been good.

Afterward, mum had to drive me to Canary wharf John Lewis for a new light duvet, as I'm too weak for 13 tog(!) mum bristled a little but here's the thing: canary wharf is further away than other places, and might cost more. But between my SEs and the Olympics hoopla in Easy Londonm its the only non-crazy place where we can still (almost) drive to the door! And yes, we were in and out in 30 mins... That wouldn't happen in Stratford right now, even if I could have saved money.

At this point I should try and find an appetite, cos Im sure I've buRned off that single ginger biscuit I've eaten all day....

Guest user
Not applicable

Southpool

Please ignore ramblings on last post - I had not seen your super-efficient personal message.

And I've changed my mind (quite normal because my brain does not work) - I would like to stay over, preferably in a double room. Will anyone volunteer to share? It will then be 47 pounds each presumably?

M