Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting chemo in May 2011

3,660 REPLIES 3,660
Wandy

Re: Starting chemo in May 2011

Hello everyone,
How lovely to hear from some of you. I too am very well. Usual aches and pains and I had a good 5 year check in November last year and it was decided to keep me on Tamoxifen on a year by year basis. I still my breast docs at hozzie once a year but no oncology and mammogram every 3 years now unless I have concerns.
My knees are shot with my knee surgeon saying he has a couple knees waiting for me in a drawer!! But I am putting off for now as I have heard some horror stories on knees.
Otherwise all really good. A very busy life working 2 days a week at my local health centre and doing lots of fundraising / voluntary projects for various things locally. Can't believe we are 5 years on and also say a prayer for call those who didn't make it.
Love to you allxxxx

trudy2010

Hi Mangochutney,

Its lovely to see you posting and I'm glad you're well. I used to be called Truddles when I used this site back in 2011/2012 and I do remember speaking to you on another thread that was active, but I cant remember what it was called, something to do with herceptin i think.

Anyway, I'm also doing well, (I was a chemo in jan 2011 girl ) and Ive been discharged from oncolgy too, last month. Ive also been stopped off tamoxifen as it was causing nasty side effects after 5 years of taking it, i had very numb hands. This improved straight away after stopping it.

My son gets married in exactly a month's time and he's 22. Looking forward to having a spare bedroom where hubby can move his 'office' to, and out of our kitchen!

Love to all of you,

Trudy xx

una12

Hi Jane and Mandy and all the May girls! Lovely to hear from you and hear things are going well. Like you I've been discharged from the hospital but still on Anastrazole (the joys!) though I had to argue for it. Keeping well and still enjoying work though feeling a bit older and creakier. Am a granny of four now - the eldest was only 2 weeks old when I was diagnosed so feel very fortunate every day. With lots of love to you all, remembering all we shared 6 years ago. Jude xx

mangochutney

Hi Jane! Lovely to hear from you!
I too am doing ok (fingers crossed). I got divorced last year (my choice) and bought my own little house, where I live with my son who is now 21! He graduated this week with a 2:1 in History! So proud!

I've now been discharged from the hospitals where I've been treated and followed up. Just on the national screening programme now. Continue on Anastrozole for another 5 years via GP.

Sending lots of love to all our May girls
Mandy xx

GIJaneH

Hi ladies!

dont know if any of you still see these threads, but how are you all?

I'm doing well.  A granny now... down to four days a week and looking forward to retirement next year.  Getting older, but otherwise healthy I think. Mamma next week...

so, gentle but enthusiastic wave to everyone 

love

jane

harp1970

Hi everyone!  

Sorry for for being so long away.  Jane, happy 5 years NED!  Mine is on Tuesday, well at least that's when I had my first op so I count it as 5 years cancer free.  I bought myself a Pandora bracelet with a daisy charm (5 petals) as I felt 5 years was significant.  Wandy, are you still in Cumbria.  I think of you every time I go up there!  Just because I don't come on v often doesn't mean I have forgotten any of you.  I will always be grateful to all of you for being there and sharing and understanding in a way no- one else ever could.  I will endeavour to check in at least once a month.  Does anyone know how Cherry is getting on?   Love you all

Rach xxxx

Wandy

Lovely to hear from you lot!

Does anyone know how Cherry might be? Feel a bit worried about her....

I think 5 years is amazing. I was dxd in Jan 2011 but had x3 lots of surgery so didn't start my chemo til May which us why I'm a May girl!!

Ninja, you sound , as ever, full of fight, despite what must be tough health issues. I have osteoarthritis and knees which are a mess. It had meant my fell walking has been somewhat curtailed but I cycle and swim instead! I'm not far behind you birthday wise!! 58, this year!! In my head I'm younger, but my body KNOWS I'm not!!

Good for you celebrating 5 years GI. I did too in a way. I met up with 10 original Woodies in London in Jan for the weekend..(remember Scacco?).We toasted those who hadn't made it and celebrated with those who had!

Mandy, so sorry to hear about your tricky divorce. My sister is going throughout the same. I hope things get settled soon for you.

Lovely to hear from you. Hope everyone else is alright.

Wandyxx

Ninja

My 5-year Cancerversary is on 8 April, when I got my Dx.

I was officially NED on 30 Sept when I was 'skeletonised', as the BS called it because he had to remove the muscle and everything. So my 5 year NED is from then.

I had a year on Tam, then a blood test said that I was low on Ca and Vit D so I've been on supplements since 2012. I then had three years on Exemestane which was hell so I've been changed back onto Tam for 10 years.

I now have osteoporosis. I've had OA in my upper spine since I was in my early 20s and after an MRI last year when i was in horrid pain, I now have Dengerative Disc Disease (DDD). I've just had a slipped disc which was truly hideous and it may recur at any time. My head sometimes wobbles - the GP said that it is because my spine is degenerating so much that's it's becomg less stable. Deep joy!

Yet I am alive - I do stuff that sofa-hugging healthy friends wouldn't dream of doing and I intend to go out of this life having a good time. Nay, a great time.

Sending hugs - but gentle ones, don't snap my back, lol

GIJaneH

Hey! Been thinking about you all.  

I've decided to celebrate five years NED, as it seems statistically significant.  A nurse friend told me this week that in 'old money' they would say cured.  I know that's not used now, but I found it encouraging.

5 yrs of Letrazole and Adcal is being extended to 7.  The lack of oestrogen plays havoc and I will need a hysterectomy in e next 18 months apparently, but otherwise I'm doing really well (for my age, my daughter would say!). I don't seem to know how to slow down.....

,Mandy, that sounds hard, as does,your back Ninj.  With you, I wonder how Cherry is.....

sun is shining- garden calls....

Love

jane

mangochutney

Hi girls

Yes I, like you, can't believe we are all reaching the 5 year mark! I was diagnosed 7th March and had my lumpectomy on 25th March, so not sure when we class "5 years" from.

i was changed from tamoxifen after 4 years, to Examestane, in December 2015. I had a baseline bone density scan in January. This has shown my bones are "thin" so my oncologist has asked my gp to prescribe Adcal calcium/vitamin D supplements, which I'm now taking twice a day. Hot flushes persist and various aches and pains, but hey! I'm not complaining! Very small price to pay!!

its lovely to hear from you. I think of all of the girls on our thread often, and wonder how we all are. As you say Wandy, especially Cherry.

im still going through a bitter divorce (of my choosing). It seems to be finally coming to a conclusion after 14 months. We have sold the house and are aiming to be out by 31st March. My ex husband has signed a 6month rental on a flat and I'm still looking for somewhere to buy with my 20 year old son. In the meantime we will move in with my dad.

but fingers crossed and all being well, I should be in my own place for the summer!

love to all

Mandy xxx

Ninja

Hi Wandy and everyone.

Hope that 2016 finds you all OK, especially Cherry.

Latest thing with me is that my spine is deteriorating rapidly, mostly due to BC treatment SEs. I get the usual advice to "make sure you don't fall over", ha ha. I can't take anti-inflammatories due to having Crohn's so I'm on very large doses of codeine with a promise of morphine if I ask. Constipation'R'us! Smiley Frustrated

When it's bearable, it's not stopping me doing crazy things for an old bird - I'm 60 now. Crikey. I still feel about 30 in my head.

Love to all xx

Wandy

Hello all,

How is everyone? I'm good. Can't believe we are now romping through 2016!!

I was particularly wondering how you were Cherry...hope things are ok....

We are finally having some dry weather up here after a very soggy winter so far!

Am well, can't believe it's 5 years since dx...as before, aches and pains but just live with!!

Hope everyone in good form.

Love to you all

Wandyxx

GIJaneH

Great to hear from you Wandy!

I thnk of you guys often, even if we're not in touch much.  Cherry -how goes it?

Like you Wandy, I'm well and very busy.  Enjoying being busy too...  Working Christmas morning, but after that I've actually got a few days off, which will be a first!!  

Anyoe else find that they're MORE paranoid about aches and pains thn immediately after treatment?  could just be me......

love  Jane

mangochutney

Lovely to hear from you Wandy!!!
I'm just plodding on! Still loving my ward sisters post! Hard work but very satisfying.
My consultant is currently swapping me from tamoxifen, after 4 years, to Examestane for another 2 years. I'm feeling a bit nervous about changing meds.
I'm also trying to get divorced! I decided last Christmas that enough was enough ad made my announcement the day after Boxing Day. Problem is, we are still living in the same house!!! I'm in the box room and we just give each other a wide berth! Most of the time!
Neither of us can afford to rent. I've had an offer from OH to buy me out of the hiuse. But it was only 11% of the house value!!!! But he said he won't go after my pension for that!! Needless to say, I've rejected his offer!!!
So things are VERY tense here whilst we try and thrash things out via solicitors. So, as you can imagine, I'm not really looking forward to Christmas this year. Especially as I didn't expect to still be here by now!! But me and my son will make the best of things.
So, a new start for me soon, I hope!!!! Fingers crossed!!!!
Hope everyone is doing good? My thoughts are with you all, as always.

Wandy

Hello everyone,

It's been such a while since any of have been. Hopefully we are getting on with life. Think of you all. Hope you are alll keeping well....especially you Cherry. How are things for you?

I am well, still all the usual aches and pains but still pressing on and living life to the fullest. Still loving my work at the Health centre which is always hectic...there are always people needing a doc! Making the most of living in this part of the world and enjoying walking, swimming etc...enjoying all the wonderful pubs too, which means that despite the exercise I'm still not skinny!! 

Looking forward to Christmas, having a quiet one at home which will be lovely. We've had our 1st snow' on't tops ' as well so feeling seasonal after all the mild weather!

Anyway just thought it was time to check in...Love to all of you.

Wandy xxx

projectwoman2

Thank you xx

harp1970

Hugs from me too. We have a genetic fault in our family too and my daughters are fast approaching the time they will need to be screened. More hugs xxxxx

Ninja

Hugs for you and for your daughter - it's all so horrible, isn't it?

All we can do is carry on as best we can - there really is no alternative.

Hugs again

Ninja x

projectwoman2

Hi everyone, it's been quite a while since I logged in to the forum and I am amazed (and very very pleased) to see names I recognise, hope you are all keeping well? Unfortunately the reason I have been looking at the forum again is because my daughter, who is only 33, is just going through the trauma of diagnosis - we are waiting for the results of biopsy, however she has been told that there is definately a problem there. So much for being told it was unlikely to be more than co-incidence that I deveoped breast cancer at a similar age to my mother. I am absolutely devasted that my daughter, who has two very young daughters of her own, has now got to go through this, and so much younger than I was (I was 52). Yes we all know we can do it, but that doesn't make it any less horrible!

harp1970

Hello😀Cherry, I am glad the chemo is working but sorry it is making you so tired. Best of luck with it all. 4 years has gone quickly hasn't it. All fine here except ongoing colds thanks to working with 5 year olds. Wandy, I hope everything goes well. Lots of love to all, Rach x

Ninja

Hello May Buds!

Glad that everyone is reasonably Ok and that Cherry is still powering on ahead. I cannot believe that you've had a year on chemo - you must be shattered; it makes one so fatigued.

I'm currently trying to regain my fitness; it's been over a year since my last major operation but the winter scuppered me cos the cold makes my hands very painful. I now have sore sit bones from my bicycle 😮

Love to all

Ninja xx

cherryorchard

Hi Wandy, 

So sorry to hear about the dodgy knees! I hope they arrange for your surgery soon. I had my hip replaced 7 years ago. It was painful at first but I was driving again after 6 weeks and after about 12 months I had completely forgotten that it was in there. I went through the scanners when I was at the Olympic games in 2012 and told them I had no metal on me. I didn't remember about the hip until the scanner bleaped. Hope you get to that point with your knee. 

In the meantime, enjoy your boat and life in the Lakes.

Cherry

GIJaneH

Hello friends

So pleased your chemo is effective Cherry - hope the op goes well and eases the pain.  You sound like you're enjoying life back in the UK Wandy - great stuff.

Today is my day off.  Otherwise I'm working Sat/Sun/Mon (and then Tues/Wed/Thur of course)  Hopefully I won't be called out much, because the family are all home, which is a rare treat.  In Feb I started to have break through bleeding, and whilst I know 90% of that is treatable/OK, having had cancer once messes your head up a bit, and even though I was choosing to be positive, I found myself writing letters in my head to the children!  Oh dear - I'm more worried than I am acknowledging, and I'm acknowledging that I'm concerned!  Fortunately all is well and I am in the 90%, but you can never take that for granted once you've been in the 10%...  Phew!

Hope everyone else is OK

Blessings

Jane

Wandy

Happy Easter to you Cherry and all my other May girls!

So glad chemo is working, long may it continue, and I hope you get your leg sorted soon. 

I am well except for having a pair dodgy arthritic knees, one of which I have to have surgery but otherwise, loving life, my job and life with my darling OH, my dogs, cat and sailing on our little boat!

Hope everyone is well. Happy Easter to all of you.

Much love

Wandyxxx

cherryorchard

Well, Easter will be here shortly and I imagine you are very busy Jane, or have they given you a break this year? 

I am spending Easter at home with the family. It was my grandson's birthday a couple of days ago. At 3 years old he was able to appreciate the occasion and got very over excited. 

My chemo is continuing to work well. More regression seen in my last scans. The only issue currently is having to have further  surgery on my leg. The rod they put in my femur last year to stabilise it is bent. It's been causing me a lot of pain and I am barely mobile so I am looking forward to getting the op out of the way next week. Otherwise I feel well aside from the chemo fatigue. I don't mind the fatigue as long as the chemo is working. Can't believe I have been on chemo for a year! Enjoying a little break from it at the moment while I get the surgery out of the way but back to treatment in 3 weeks all being well. 

I hope everyone else is doing well and has some nice plans for over the holidays.

Cherry x

Wandy

Cherry and all my other May girls,

Great to hear your news Cherry. Long may the goods results continue. Sounds very positive. Hope the fatigue gets under control too.

Amazing isn't Jane?? 4 years. I feel blessed ever day, not least for the friends I made on this "journey"!!

Still loving my work and life in the Lakes. Covered in snow but with gorgeous sunshine this morning. Big woofle walks today methinks!

Love to you all, even though we don't communicate as much, you are all regularly in my thoughts and prayers.

Wandyxx

Ninja

Hi Cherry, Jane and everyone.

So pleased that they are able to keep the beast under some control for you, Cherry.

I wasn't diagnosed 4 years ago, Jane, as I had immediate chemo so I've got three months to go to my four-year-cancerversary.

Despite the flu jab, we've had the awful bug for 2 weeks now and it's just starting to abate somewhat. <cough> <achoo>

Best wishes to all xx

GIJaneH

Good to hear from you Cherry, and I'm so pleased the treatment is beneficial.. long may it be so.

I was just thinking about everyone this week, as it's four years since I was going through the process of being diagnosed. or we all were......

What a life-changing event... no-one can prepare you for that.  It's somehow more than just the physical and the endurance of treatment....  Probably not making much sense, but you may well know what I'm trying to say.

Hello everyone.....  (big wave~~~~~)

love

Jane

cherryorchard

Thank you everyone for your good wishes. I had my scans this week after 3 cycles of gem/carbo and the results were very good. Regression in soft tissue tumours, reduction in activity at metastic sites, generally a very favourable response. Nothing negative in the report. I am carrying on with the current combo and keeping my fingers crossed that I get a good run on it. I am feeling much better and have put back on about half the weight I lost on Xeloda. The chemo is still doing a number on my blood count. My neutrophils are holding up but my HB is well below normal and if they don't pick up next week I will probably have to go in for a blood transfusion.  The fatigue is a small price to pay for getting this beast under control. 

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying life. I am off to join my daughter for a late lunch.

Love, Cherry

GIJaneH

Gosh Cherry - what a lot to cope with.  It all sounds more than grim.  I hope & pray that CHristimas is a real joy for you and the whole family, and that for moments, at least, you are able to forget how you feel.  Like the others, I have no words, but am sending a virtual hug....

It's funny what brings it all back - I've just had a flu-type virus (despite the flu jab!) and (ignoring the cough) it just took me back to chemo days, cause that's how I felt.  Heaven knows how you must have felt, if it was worse than the Tax, cause I remember that wasn't easy for you Cherry.  Hang on in there, as you seem to remarkably do....

Festive salutations (or Christmas blessings) to everyone.  I hope we all get a rest.....  I'm (inevitably) working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day & on call Boxing Day, but then have the weekend off to rest....

Take care - we may not chat often these days, but we went through so much together.....

Jane

Wandy

Cherry,

Thank you for your update...what a ghastly time you've been having, and what an amazingly strong woman you are. Wish you weren't having to go through it, but all my love and prayers are winging their way to you.

I hope you have a wonderful time with family over Christmas and wishing you and call other May girls a happy and peaceful Christmas and 2015.

All love to you all.

Wandyxxxx

mangochutney

Cherry, so sorry to hear you're news. Like the others, I wish there was something we could do. What we can do is send you our love and very best wishes, for Christmas and for 2015.
Lots of love to you and all the May girls xxx

harp1970

Hello everyone and my sincere apologies for having disappeared for yonks. Cherry, I wish the news was better and that there was something I could do. I send you my love and prayers and hope your new regime is working. Lots and lots of love to you and all my May buddies. Rach xxxx

Ninja

Special love for Cherry is being sent from DJ, Angielav and Harp xx

Ninja

Lovely to hear from you, Cherry and I wish it was better news. At least the "remarkable response" is hopeful.

Lots of love from me and the other May Buds who don't come on here now xx

cherryorchard

Hi everyone,
I know a few of you will be interested to know how I am getting on since my last post. It has been a real up and down journey these last few weeks. After taxol failed, I developed liver mets, they put me on Xeloda. I did 3 cycles and by the third cycle I was really unwell. Xeloda is another name for Hell. When it works, it works well, but when it doesn’t it really lets you know. My liver mets grew and I went from 5% of my liver involved to 30%. It did nothing for me. Plus I developed skull mets. Really strange ones that were just under my scalp and eroding into my skull. My onc got a second opinion from the lead clinician for breast cancer, mostly to see if there was a trial I could get on. There could be one opening soon but they are still working out the protocol. He also confirmed what my onc thought, which was to get me on gemcitabine/ carboplatin asap. I started my second cycle yesterday and we think it is working. My liver is much softer and the pain has almost disappeared. The only problem is that the new drug combo may be kicking the cr@p out of my cancer but it is kicking the cr@p out of me, too. Fatigue and neuropathy, worse than when I was on taxol. I had RT to my skull mets and they seem to be almost gone, too. A remarkable response according to my onc. We will get confirmation how things really are when I have my next scans.
OK that is all the nasty stuff out of the way.
Tomorrow I am travelling North to spend Christmas with my daughter and her family. Hoping to get in a trip to the lakes if the weather is good and have some fun with my grandson. He is old enough now to understand that Christmas is special so it should be fun.
Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas,
Cherry x

trudy2010

Awful news of your friend, Mandy. I had my two closest friends in hospital at the same time earlier this year, each with very different, but both, life threatening conditions. I felt such a profound sense of loss and hopelessness, it was as if they were all I had ! And that was just at our local hospital, it must be so much worse to have someone you care about on the other side of the world!

As the others say, concentrate on your new challenges at work , im sure you'll be brilliant at it.

I know Im not from this thread (Jan 2011 I started chemo) but I was due to have a checkup tomorrow with oncology and they cancelled it today. There were some things I wanted to discuss with them but I'm keeping myself calm about it--I'm sure theyve cancelled me to accommodate a much sicker person so I'm just gonna wait for the next appointment to come through and be thankful that I am as well as I am. 🙂

Wandy

So sorry to hear about your chum, Mandy. IHFC!!!

But also sorry you don't get to make your trip. As you say you need to throw yourself into your new job.

Take care and love to all.

P.S. How are you Cherry?

mangochutney

Truddles!!! Of course I remember you!! Hope you're ok?!
I always thought band 5 was enough for me. Until someone who has been qualified 5 years, and worked on my ward 18 months, got herself a band 6!!!! That's when I had a "lightbulb moment"!!!! I've been qualified 27 years and am more than capable of doing a band 6 role!! The rest is history!!
Had some bad news this week though girls. I should have been going to Perth, Australia this thursday 13th, to stay with my oldest friend. She had a cancer removed from her paranasal space/sinus in September. She is due to start radiotherapy on Tuesday 11th. However she texted me last thursday saying she's been having bad headaches all week and was going for an MRI on Friday and had an appointment with neuro surgeon. Her husband and 4 boys aren't coping with the prospect of further surgery and potentially a different prognosis. She's not well enough to have me visit right now. I've had to cancel my flight and trip. I can't tell you all how upset I am about what's going on with her, and what still could happen to her. I've already lost one best friend to breast cancer 3 years ago on 5th November, and then this news almost to the day 3 years later. What an absolute b*****d this disease is.
So, I'm determined to throw myself into my new role.
Mandy xx

trudy2010

Mandy well done. Havent spoke to you for a couple of years, remember from the herceptin thread?

Good for you for band 6, I'm definitely staying at band 5 level, thats enough for me!

Truddles xx

Ninja

WD Mandy! xx

Wandy

Well done Mandy!!! Clever girl...what a difference a few years makes.

All the best in your new role and have a fabulous hols!!

Wandyxxxx

mangochutney

Hi girls. Just wanted to share my good news with you all! I got the ward Sisters post I applied for!! I'm so delighted! Can't believe how far I've come! Never thought this would be me 3 and a half years ago!!
Off to Oz a week today, to see my oldest friend. Soooo looking forward to it now!!
Love to everyone
Mandy xxx

mangochutney

Hi girls. Just wanted to share my good news with you all! I got the ward Sisters post I applied for!! I'm so delighted! Can't believe how far I've come! Never thought this would be me 3 and a half years ago!!
Love to everyone
Mandy xxx

una12

Lovely to hear from you all!

Cherry, sorry you're having to cope with all that treatment, but glad you're enjoying those family visits. Your little grandson must be at that very lively stage now! The Christmas market sounds great so I hope the energy returns and you can really enjoy it. We have a 4 day one here in Bury St Edmunds at the end of November so am looking forward to that.
Wandy, glad all is well with you and trust you are over the bug - but sounds like the trip was worth it. And Mandy everything crossed for the new job - great to hear you so keen to go for it, and have a wonderful time in Oz. Am seriously impressed Jane by all that energy, and Sri Lanka sounds fantastic.
I am doing fine. Work has been full on and have had a few downs and thoughts about cutting down, but some highs too and I'm lucky to work with a great.team so sticking it out for now. A bit daunting as I shall be managing a much bigger team next year but like we were saying I would never have thought that a couple of years ago ... Loving seeing lots of the grand-daughters, haven't been anywhere very exotic but trying to think of a few surprises as OH has big birthday coming up,

Look after yourselves ladies, much love Jude x

GIJaneH

Hello everyone!

Cherry - so sorry the treatment didn't work - sounds like you are dealing amazingly well with a more than difficult time.  Like the others, I hope the Xeloda is more effective.   I can't comment on Manchester Christmas market - never been to Manchester!  Sounds good though.....

Mandy - good for you girl!  What kind of ward?  Hope you get shortlisted and are able to be yourself at the interview.  As you say, a few years ago.....

Wandy - what DID you eat?  (oh yes, kebab!)  Glad you enjoyed Turkey - we certainly did when we went. 

This year we had the trip of a lifetime (having spent years saving) and went to Sri Lanka.  It was amazing... saving for the next time now!  My arm coped with the long flight/heat/humidity better than I had dared hope.

Having wondered if I would EVER get my mojo back, I discover that I now have more energy than my son and his wife (they seem to get tired SO quickly!) and more energy than my much younger colleague, so I'm extremely grateful!

Hope everyone else is OK

love Jane

mangochutney

Cherry, I live 10 miles from Manchester and the Christmas markets are lovely! Xxx

Wandy

Sorry about some of the words. Ridiculous auto correct!! It should be 'are' instead of 'care' and not do too much!!!

Wandyxxxx

Wandy

Cherry,

Lovely to hear from you and as Mandy says I hope the Xeloda does the trick. It does sound like you care dealing with a tough regime, and well done you for sorting things out for your grandchildren. Do take care and don't do cookbook much!!! The Xmas markets in Manchester are supposed to be great, enjoy!!

Mandy, good luck 're the job, hope you get an interview and then type the job! Fingers crossed! Have a fab time in Oz as well.

Take care all, especially you Cherry. You are in my thoughts.

Love

Wandyxxxx

mangochutney

Hi girls. Lovely to hear from you!
So sorry the Taxol hasn't been successful Cherry. But fingers crossed the Xeloda kicks in. Keeping everything crossed for you and sending you lots of love xxxx
Sounds like you're doing ok Wandy, despite the salmonella! That's always nice to hear xx
I'm doing ok too (fingers crossed!). I'm off to Perth, Australia in 2 weeks to stay with my oldest friend for a couple of weeks. She has recently been diagnosed with a cancer at the back of her nose/sinus area, so is about to embark on radiotherapy and weekly chemo. But we are both really excited about my visit!!
I've also just submitted an application for a ward sisters post/band 6 at work!!! Closing date is today so just waiting to hear when the interview is. Can't believe I'm applying! But I want the job SO much and this just feels the right time in my career to go for it! Never thought, 2 and a half years ago, when I returned to work after a year off for my treatment, that I'd ever be doing this!! The only downside is I will have to work 4 days a week whereas I currently only work 3 days. But as my beautiful son said, Mum, if you're enjoying your job more, one more day won't matter. When did he get so wise?!
I'll keep you all posted on how it goes!
Hope everyone is ok?
Lots of love to you all
Mandy xx