1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting chemo in September???

Nikki49

Re: Starting chemo in September???

Good morning Stars, you all seem to have lovely weather, here in Hampshire it looks like the heavens are about to open.
Good luck to barbs and ff for tomoz xx. eek it's me & blue on Tuesday - all getting a bit real now.

Need your advice girls - My cs says he will put me on an SOS for the seroma & to just contact him for an appointment when I want it drained & it's best to do it in a good week. Anyway I don't understand how all that works good& bad weeks etc and this bloomin thing is filling up again fast, so do I ask for it to be done tomorrow? I can cope with it at the moment but am worried that if I leave it I will be in agony on a bad week & I don't wanna risk an infection having drained at the wrong time. I don't even know if I should have it done the day before chemo - so confused?
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Frenchfancy, of course I don't mind you keeping an eye on me. Chances are I may need you all when this all goes pear shaped. I nearly said something else then but didn't seem quite appropriate under the circumstances! You will be fine tomorrow. Easy for me to say I know but it's honestly not as bad as you are thinking. The unit staff are excellent and there's tea, coffee, sandwiches, cakes and biscuits to look forward to as well. I will be thinking of you and Barbs of course.
Good to hear from you Beam. Hope you have a lovely time out today and that the fresh air clears your head and perks you up. I'm watching for the hair loss too. From day 17ish according to my wig lady. You are so right. This really does suck but together we'll crack it.
Hi Jo, enjoy sunny Bucks and have a great day.
Planning a restful day here today with OH arriving back later. Beautiful weather at the moment so washing has been done and I think I'll take the dog for a little walk. Dinner at daughters tonight so no cooking, excellent.
If you have the sunshine and the energy get out and enjoy your day girls. xx
frenchfancy

Morning to both of you. Good to hear both doing ok. Sounds like a super, sunny day out for you Beam.

We , me & Barbs , are indeed up for it tomorrow. Bring it on!!! And if that sounds like fighting talk, great. However, for me at least, it's a bit more of a whisper! Nervous, anxious, terrified just about covers it but not so much for tomorrow, more for what comes after. So thanks so much for the warnings Beam. Heard you loud & clear 😀

Have a good day ladies xx
frenchfancy

Morning PTB, glad you seem to be feeling ok this morning. I'm watching your progress as a guide for mine. Hope you don't mind?!!
I echo your sentiments for us all to have a good day and for anyone not feeling 100%, know that we're all thinking of you xx

Just a shout out for few people who want to join us on FB. We have some new requests from Tina & Diane as well as the outstanding one from Tracey. As you all know by now, this group is SECRET on FB and if we don't know who you are on here then you might have problems getting in over there. Feel free to PM me or Barbarella here & we'll get you sorted.

Have a shiny day everyone xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Stars

Firstly all the best to Barb and French Fancy who I think are up for it all tomorrow!  I have not posted on here since my dunking on Friday, have been on Facebook instead.  Well, it went ok, although as I saw that red liquid running through the line into my hand I wanted to shout so loud, fortunately I conserved my energy.  And I did have a lot of it!! For those of you who missed the fence thing, I had plenty of energy to paint the front fence, do washing, cook dinner but then I flagged, and felt very sick.  TAKE THE MEDS early!!  I left it too late, and once you start to feel sick, it is horrendous.  I duly threw up about 4 times, it was gross.  

Yesterday I felt fine, took the  meds and had a nice day out with my mum and aunt, retail therapy is clearly the BEST therapy of all.  I rested on the sofa in the evening, although not much appetite, other than for some soup, and as I am no cook, those fresh ones from Tesco were perfect.

Today is a gorgeous day in Gloucestershire so I am off out for a walk at Framton upon Severn, to a  country fair which will be nice.  I feel fine but have a nagging headache, and am somewhat constipated but I believe that is a SE from Ondatzatron, one of the anti sickness drugs.  

I am checking the pillow every morning for hair - it is fortunately still on my head!! The oncology nurse said it would be about 2 weeks with FEC before it falls out, so every time I wash it I am relishing every minute and having one of those "Herbal Essences" moments in the shower!!

Have a good day everyone.  This sucks really.  We just have toget through it.  

Beam 67 (Jo)

Jo43

Good Morning you lovely lot 🙂

Nice and sunny here in Bucks!!!  hope it lasts. 

Hey there my fellow dunking buddy (PTB)  good to hear you are doing so well!!! 🙂

Good luck FF and Barb for tomorrow. 

I need to catch up on the posts so if I havent mentioned you , I am thinking of you.

Have a great day ladies .

Much Love xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Good morning Stars
Hope you've all had a good night. Awake at six this morning so used time constructively and read through all the FB postings. What a fantastic lot you are. I will post properly over there later. Yet again feeling ok this morning but not out of bed yet. Hope everyone else is doing ok, especially all the swamp junkies. Enjoy your day today Barbs and Frenchfancy and do lots of fun stuff! Hope Sunday treats you well Stars. Love and hugs x
frenchfancy

Good evening lovely ladies.

Just checking in and hoping we're all doing ok. Reading back through posts from last couple of days & realised we haven't heard from some of you for a while.

Rachelr, HEvg12, Hg12, Kate, Bonnie 8862, Tracey46 & I think a few other from our list as well . How are you all doing? For those who have already had their first dunking, really hope the SE's are treating you kindly and for those of us still to experience this joy, hope the nerves/tests/results are not getting the better of you. Let us know you're all ok!!

Barbs & I are up next on Mon (and its safe to say I'm getting more than a little anxious) with Blue & Nikki onTues and Hazey on Wed.

Had planned to spend the weekend finishing off a few bits in preparation but have found myself really tired pretty much all day. Am reading posts about everyone's days out having lunch, catching up with friends, wig shopping, etc & dont mind admitting Im really jealous of you all. It sounds like most of you have really been enjoying your Saturdays. Good on ya girls!!

Would also like to say how much I've enjoyed seeing photos of most of you over on FB. 😀 Can't believe it's only been a week. Seems like a lot longer xx

Will say bonne nuit now I think and am going to try and get a full nights sleep.

Stay strong, keep smiling and shine brightly superStars xxx

Barbarella63

LOL....NAUGHTY Damion
Guest user
Not applicable

Barbs, Just taking the gastro meds first thing in the morning. Had anti sickness and steroids for first couple of days. Took some anti nausea tabs for first two days. Started injections on Thursday for seven days. Just taking diazapam night and morning to help me sleep. Fingers crossed I can carry on like this but it is only round one! Just think I have been lucky this time so far. Keep thinking Damion is enjoying the swamp juice far too much to share it with the rest of me. xx
Barbarella63

Evening all!!!!! Still got an outstanding request on Facebook don't know wo you are so please let me know and ill add yoooo! Initials are TS 😃
PTB nice to see you on Facebook, finally got it together hurray!! Glad you're feeling good really hope I do too, getting ever closer gulp! Feel ready as ill ever be so bring it on!!! Take it you are taking all mess they gave you? I'm thinking this is the secret take EVERYTHING whether you feel rubbish or not. That's what I'm planning on doing anyway!!
Maeso/George so sorry to hear you're feeling dopey you poor thing 😩 you need to snuggle in bed and get waited on until you feel better, don't worry about the hair, even if its white when it comes back who cares...you can dye it and it may be that fab chic champagne colour and it could be curly, so don't worry coz in the end it will be hair which is the main thing😀😀😀don't be sad, just think if your hair feels weird already, think what it's doing to any sneaky cancer cells...KILLING THEM that's what! Big big hug to you my lovelyxxxxxx
Jo if my nose hairs fall out I will be well happy - save me trimming them lol knowing my luck ill keep them and lose the bonce!! Not bothered about the eyebrows obviously but again coz I've paid all this money to tattoo them ill prob keep them too!!!!
Will put up the list again tomorrow girls but I think everyone knows its FF and me, we have complained enough about it (well I have anyway)
Don't forget for any stragglers the Facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/Startroopers/ is fun, click on the link to find us shhhhhhhhh its secret xxxx
Maseo

Hi stars
Me again, just taken last meds, hoping for a better day tomorrow.
Georgina
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Frenchfancy,
Yes I've got you all. Need to do a software update tomorrow so I can upload my photos. Or should I say my darling son will be doing an update for me. I'll see you on the other side at some point.
Sleep well you lovely Stars. xxxxx
frenchfancy

You should be able to see us now. You're in!!
Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry should have been Frenchfancy. xx
Guest user
Not applicable

You got me Barbs. xxx
frenchfancy

Paula S, are you out there?
frenchfancy

PTB is it PS were looking out for?
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls,
Barbs/Frenchfancy, I have attempted my break in to FB. No photo yet. That will follow at some point.
Sorry you feel so poorly, Georgina. Take it easy. Nothing is more important than you don't forget. Love and hugs to you. xx I feel guilty now. So far I have been fine. Only thing I have noticed today is that my finger nails are breaking. Just hope I continue feeling ok but I have a feeling it may not last.
Keeping an eye on Jo and Pips and taking notes so I know what to look for, but it does seem this swamp juice affects us all very differently.
Sending loads and loads of love to all you beautiful Stars. xx
Jo43

Mine too Pips, I was surprised so soon . blew my nose yesterday and had a tissue full of little hairs , eye brows this morning when washing my face.
Jo43

Hey Goergina 🙂 

Dont be sorry hun , I was like this yesterday, thats what we are here for, to listen and support each other.

Sending you a big hug and here"s  to a better day tomorrow . 

Much Love 

Jo xx

Maseo

Hi stars
Well I'm on the sofa feeling extremely queasy up all hours of the night. Hair is very bad feels clumpy and I have gone extremely grey I think at the end I will be white when it grows back.
Very sad and weepy no energy and this is just the first cycle sorry stars .........
Georgina
Lulu34

Ptb very unusual to fall out so quick you must have very fast growing hair as its the fast changing cells chemo targets.... Mine started coming away on day 14 first ime around.... From my lady garden.... Then shaved on day 17, last time it started coming out on day 12.... Just been looking atsome pics of me a year ago and only had 1 inch long hair... But now is shouder length! So once it starts it keeps on growing.

Lxxx
pips64

hi sent fb request annemarie

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Stars
Just a quick note. Still feeling ok. Just had lunch, eating well btw, then I'm off to the Grosvenor
Garden Centre with my daughter for a little nose around.
Sorry to hear you are not up to par Jo. Hope you are better today. Must have been a FB posting so I really need to get my ar5e in gear and sort this out tonight.
Putting off shaving hair off, Pips. Good on you for getting on with it. having it cut again probably Tuesday. Can't seem to get used to the idea of no hair just yet.
Hope everyone else is doing ok and having a fab Saturday. xxxx
frenchfancy

Morning Stars 😃

Hope you're all having good days so far xx how is everyone doing ?

Pips, sorry to hear the hairs already on its way out. That's much sooner than I was expecting (and probably you as well!!). At least you're prepared with all your head gear.
Barbs, very good job you're looking after FB too. I noticed very early this morning there's quite a few have joined the gang over there. Don't think there can be many more now, surely?
Jo, sorry to hear you we're poorly last night. Have I missed something with the fence? What were you thinking? Aren't we supposed to take it easy after getting juiced up? Be good today and REST!!
Nikki, glad all went ok with your portacath and it just goes to show having contacts does pay off. 😀
Barbarella63

Ally 51 you're in!! Got 2 requests outstanding not sure who you are girls so if you could dm e ill add you xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Barbs - sent FB request & dont know what happened with my last post !!! very bizarre, hopefully this will make more sense ?

pips64

Thanks for that info Babs I'll take that into consideration when I shave later. Need to sort it? Back in work on Tuesday so want sorted 🙂 .
Barbarella63

Jenny you're in too my lovely!! Pips I feel for you if the hair is already in the way out!if you're gonna shave it I was told by the wig lady to not go below a number 3 as your head an rub on the wig and you get a rash xx ally glad you're ok, got the gist of your post despite the confusing bits!! PTB you need to get with the program girl and get connected!!!! We are waiting for yooooo. Any laydees wanting to join us on the SECRET Facebook group follow this link https://www.facebook.com/groups/Startroopers/ xxx
Barbarella63

You're in Elma55 xxxxx
elma55

Hi pips, ouch! poor you, didn't know it makes scalp itchy sore - I couldn't put up with that either. I'm off to get scarves, etc tomorrow in readiness. Hope you're ok otherwise xx
elma55

Barbs I sent fbk request xx
elma55

Jenny - I know City Hospital, hope you don't get any se's xx
pips64

Hi everyone

Se update well day 7 and hairs already starting to fall out.Smiley Indifferent thought it would last a little longer but heigh ho.  Its sore and itchy as hell so im going to bite the bullet and shave it tomorrow as its driving me nutz. So gllad ive got my headscarfes and stuff ready 🙂

Love pips

Guest user
Not applicable

Elma,Hi I am having my treatment at Kings Mill Mansfield but any SE I have to go to The City Hospital which is about 20 miles from home,Jenny xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Barbarella trying for face book link found it waiting to be acepted Jenny xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Barbarella,thanks don't know if you need to know FEC & T s and later radio therapy Triple neg, all this and getting round my new I-pad their are days I struggle .luv Jenny xx
Barbarella63

Tracey46 have you sent a fbook request? If so let me know and ill add you xx
Guest user
Not applicable

No Barbs not me. Hopefully I am going to attempt a break in tomorrow evening!! xx
Barbarella63

PTB are you Ellie james? If not who is please, will add you to the group once I'm happy you're on here xxx
Lucy_BCC

Hi Lulu

I removed a health professionals name, ( as per terms and conditions) I agree it looks a bit OTT, will ask the tech team about it as could be more subtle, I did PM Ally about it

Lucy

Lulu34

Ally what has BCC lucy done to your post? Maybe you could ask her to fix it.... No idea why it was moderated seemed ok to me when i read it earlier.

Nikki glad it was all straightforward.

Ptb look forward to seeing you on the other side if you make it over there.

Xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

So pleased to hear everything went ok today Nikki. Have a lovely relaxing evening and hopefully a good nights sleep. Nothing yet from today's junkies. Big hugs. x
Seems I really need to get my act together and get on this fb lark. Think I might be missing out on some real treats. It's something I have never ventured into so bear with me while I attempt to get my techno head on. lol.
Nikki49

Hi everyone,
I'm back home now, have had a sleep & still feel tired but think this is more to do with not sleeping well last night as opposed to the procedure I had.

the portacath was fitted under a local anaesthetic..... get me how brave am I? lol.

It turned out that one of the theatre nurses & the surgeon knew my Mum (Mum had been a theatre nurse for about 20 yrs she is retired now). The surgeon told me that they aren't allowed to tell you which option to choose they can only give you the facts for each option, however he opened up once he realised who my mum was and told me I had definitely picked the right option & that's what he would recommend if allowed.

He told me that he had just removed a portacath from a women who has just finished her treatment & she had told him to tell me "you have done the right thing".

I didn't feel a thing, I have been popping painkillers since I got home, not because it hurts..... Just scared in case it does lol. Doubt it will now as it was done at about 11am and I'm sure the local would have worn off by now.

I'll get a pic up on fb later of my pixie cut - not sure how to do it praps one of you techno whizzes can tell me how to load the photo to the group but not to my Facebook friends, also I am feeling a little tired & fragile at the moment so can't be asked right now.

Have we heard from beam and/or batman yet.

Take care stars xxx

samjs

I won't be leaving FF  I suppose  it could be Monday 16th or Monday  23rd!

Guest user
Not applicable

Yes, Barbs, I have been having a bit of a lazy day today. Did pop to see my GP at lunchtime. He is so lovely. Just wants to hold my hand through all this it would seem. Another visit with him next Friday. Booked flu jab but need to speak to onco re pneumonia one to see when is the best time to have it.
Sam, so pleased to hear you have been out enjoying yourself. I'm not jealous, honest, grrrrr! What I wouldn't give for a glass of red right now. Hope you get your chemo date sorted soon. It would be nice if they could accommodate your needs wouldn't it? x
Blue, hopefully if you are as lucky as I have been your sleepless nights will soon be over. Since chemo started I have been sleeping really well. Diazapam is a great help too. x
Lulu, hope you have a fab time in the caravan. Have a couple of drinks for me if you like. Can you tell I'm getting desperate. I am very impressed with the expletives too and yours Barbs. x
Ally, great news you have wig sorted. I took my daughter with me to help choose. Incidentally am I the only one not drinking at the moment. Glad to hear you are still doing ok. Hope you have a good weekend too. x
Barbs and Frenchfancy, make sure you both have the best weekend ever and leave Monday 'til Monday! xx
Hope all the swamp junkies are still doing ok and that the SE's are non existent. xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Barbs & Debs....i felt really uptight & scared before my session on Tuesday but the senior nurse was great, really put me at ease after i dissolved into tears. The nurses were all great too...mine was from Trinidad and she kept me amused with her tales of growing up over there whilst she was sitting with me pushing in the swamp cocktail. Just keep your minds occupied with mags etc and the time will wizz by and just think thats the 1st over 🙂

Just ordered my wig which is very much like my own style, just a little shorter. Took my god daughter with me (18 years old) and she persuaded me to try some different styles...so maybe treating myself to a slighter darker shade but a lot longer !! a bit of glam for when i do go out.

Still feeling good today, if a bit tired  but i have put that down to the couple of large glasses of wine i had last night 🙂 🙂

Take care all xxxx
Barbarella63

Sam that's a bummer....just let me know the new date and we will change the list....your turn will come my lovely!!! Debs I'm scared too and don't really know what to expect at my hospital, less to fret about if you're in the dark I suppose, it's a whole new world!!! We will pull each other through it 😃 lulu hope your car gets sorted, enjoy the caravan hope the weather isn't too pants but like you say you can always get pi55ed and pretend you're in the south of France hehe btw I'm loving your clever use of dodging the bleeped I decided to copy you hehe see how much we can get away with before we get a smacked wrist . Well next up for the swamp juice cocktail are frenchfancy and meeeee on Monday argh that's come round quickly all of a sudden! Hope beam and the_batman are doing ok I'm off out now for a wagamammas to take my mind off Monday xxx
Lulu34

Awww Nikki i was also up at that time and im also staying at my mums.... But just cos me and my dad are off to get my flat tire fixed today and i still cant drive after recovering from a broken wrist... So had my tea here and just stayed.... Nice to have wee nights like this with my folks. Hope all goes well with your appt.... Let me know how it goes cos im thinking of getting a portacath in... Although have to pay for it myself here.

FF good luck at tooth-hurty. Lol reminds me i need to make appt at dentist too.

Sam glad you had a good night out.... Its important to go out and have fun even though we are going through this b0llox. But bit of a bummer if chemo is delayed.... Lucky you phoned to check.

Im off to st andrews tomorrow to spend a couple of day with my friend at her caravan but expecting rubbish weather.... So might just have to stay indoors and get drunk!

Love and hugs