359937posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting chemo in September???

Highlighted

Re: Starting chemo in September???

PTB, what time will you be on ward for wig? Headstrong appt just after that as well , and have to pop to another depth but if we can arrange a hello at least that would be great. Will have my OH with me, he's like my side kick! Haven't been to any appt these past few months without him!
Lulu, good luck at dentist. Hope no other nasty surprises in store there for you x Also had the LGFB mentioned before so must get onto that. Thanks for the reminder.
Speak to you all later Stars xx
Highlighted

Hi Stars

Thankyou for all your Good Lucks, just getting last few things together in an effort to be organised for my cocktail at 2pm and any after effects,  will report back later.

Hope you are all doing ok

Lul-  I am booked onto a LGFB in October so looking forward to learning how to draw my eyebrows on without looking surprised or angry. Good Luck with your Bronchoscopy tomorrow sending big hugs,  I take the biopsies for Bronchoscopies as part of my job and if it's anything like my unit it is a very quick procedure which pt's seem to tolerate very well once tube is passed down and the local anaesthetic has taken effect at numbing all your bronchi. I know its easier said than done when you're not having it but honestly people have said the fear was worse than the procedure.  Please let us know how you get on.  Also hoping you get on ok at dentist. Blimey what a couple of days for you.

PTB-Like you my wig from hospital is short for my mummy every day wear then I'm going to pick a long one for special occasions. Not looking forward to the metallic mouth, enjoy the fridge raid, have stocked up on the pineapple just incase.

I was wondering about Bobbie too, hope she is ok??

Elma- would like to say I had a good nights kip but my daughter was a little raver and wanted to invite me and her daddy to an all night party in her bedroom grrrr! Still am hoping that means I sleep off any potential Se's tonight.

Barbs- Hope your sickness has settled and you managed to get some sleep in hospital I know how noisy some of the nurses and pt's can be at nighttime it can be like a train station in there sometimes. 

Avonlady- Blimey how quick has that come around, how are you feeling now??

Maseo- glad youre feeling brighter today, make sure you don't overdo it.

Sam- have you tried any sleeping tablets?? I just started taking those Kalms sleep ones which have helped me relax a bit  with no drowsiness next day.  Good job too with a 15month old.

Noggin- hope you come and say hello and join us soon.

Love, hugs and best wishes to all Stars, keep twinkling.  Will be in touch

xxx

Highlighted

Hi Lulu sounds like you are really going through it 😞 so sending my very best to you & good luck.

I took a look at the LGFB sessions and will defo look up the one in my area as sounds like just the lift us ladies need.

Love to All xxx

Highlighted

Hello stars. Sending good luck wishes to all those getting poisoned today or this week. And hope those who have been done are having only baby side effects.

I have my bronchoscopy tomorrow. And my tummy is doing back flips about it.... Iv heard quite good reports that its not that bad. But still sounds awful getting a camera poked down my throat into my lung while I'm awake but under sedation so they can take pictures and get some bad cells to see if the mets are from the hormone positive BC I had in 2006 or the triple neg BC I had in 2009 and 2011.... Looking very likely to be the tnbc though.

Currently in the dentist as need a tooth pulled before starting on the chemo train.... But hopefully won't be getting pulled today. It's a new dentist as my lovely one left. Boohoo.

Have any of you booked in to a LOOK GOOD FEEL BETTER session yet. They are brill especially when going through chemo they are just the boost you need to help boost your spirits. So would def recommend booking in.

Love and hugs xxx
Highlighted

Hi Frenchfancy, I'm collecting wig tomorrow too. Really must try to get some photos on FB. Still trying to sort that one out. The long blonde one should provide a few giggles if nothing else. The hospital one is going to be lots shorter. I just hope I make the right choice. Taking wonderful daughter with me. She could do with a good laugh!
Hope you are not suffering too many SE's and that you stay well. Looking forward to getting Barbs back on here later.
Little request to all you twinkling stars out there. Could you please try to post a little message here just so that we all know everyone is ok. xxxxx
Highlighted

Good morning all you lovely stars😀
Firstly, good luck Hazel for today, get home safe & well. Hope your bag is not needed!!
Secondly, really hoping that Noggin comes to join us as she's due to get started next week by the sound of it.
Also has anyone heard from Bobbie lately? Hope she's doing ok?
Barbs is due home today fingers crossed shed feeling a lot better.
Sam, at least you still have your boys with you. It must be awful oh being away so much xx
PTB, you too re-oh and a good job you have your dogs to keep you company as well
Lulu was around last night. She's been busy with work by the sound of it to keep mind occupied while waiting for her bronchoscope. Thinking of you Lulu.
Avonlady, great haircut btw, really suits you.
Nikki, hope all your tablets are working wonders for you.
and Blue, is hubby still looking after you? hope you've both had a peaceful night and have not suffered greatly with any big bad SE's.
Maseo, good luck with the hair today. Good choice if you go for Judy lookie-likey!!
Sarah, I know u have Headstrong appt today. I'm sure you'll get some good tips. Have my appt with them tomorrow as well as collecting the 'new me' wig. Still nervous how hubby's going to react as so different.

For anyone I've missed this time, apologies and will catch up again later.

Just have to say as well, I did put another couple of posts on here last night which seem to have disappeared?! So if I've repeated myself, when & if they reappear, apologies!

Stay well, rest up all those in need and big hugs to everyone xxx have the best days you can 😀

Highlighted

Thanks Elma. I really don't need any excuses at the moment to eat. My feelings are it may not last so best to build myself up while I can. xx
Highlighted

Avonlady/Jenny you sound as though you're back to normal already - can't believe it's your next session so soon. Hope you're having fun this week! xx
Highlighted

Hello Stars, and a special hello to Noggin when you find us! Hazel hope you managed a good nights sleep, will be thinking of you this afternoon. xx Bonnie, best of luck for tomorrow xx Hope Rachel, Helen and Heather are ok? PTB whatever is in your fridge will be good for you right now so enjoy! Sam when are you up? Wishing everyone the best of days today xx
Highlighted

Good morning Stars
Lots of love and good luck to Hazey for today and to everyone else doing something they would rather not be. x
Good to hear you are feeling a bit better today Georgina. x
Hope everyone else is doing ok . Everything ok here although metallic mouth seems to have returned this morning. I'll try not to let it put me off raiding the fridge! Lol. x
Sam, I'm with you on that. My OH is away a lot too so I think I know how you are feeling. Hopefully once you've had your first trip to the bar things will settle down and the pleasure of a restful night will return. x
Big hugs to Barbs. x
Love and hugs to all. xxxx
Highlighted

morning stars,

Hope everyone is twinkling! 

Glad to hear we may have  anew member, hello Noggin if you make across to the star side today.

I am not sleeping at all well thi sweek and not even started chemo yet. Think its a combination of things: OH working away and subconciously worrying about the start of chemo which is immienent. xx

Highlighted

Morning stars
Feeling slightly better today . hazel are u up today? If so my thoughts and love are with you.
Georgina
Highlighted

Good luck for Thursday  Bonnie xx

Highlighted

Hello stars

I have been having a bit of a confusing time of things late
Y but that story is for another day . I am off for my first chemo on Thursday morning 9.15 to get the cold cap up and running then drugs from 10.00 so will try to check in on Thursday or Friday to let you know how I'm doing ..

Take care everyone x x
Highlighted

Gilly you take it steady let the evil stuff work its magic my turn 2nd dose next Wednesday uhh!! Xx
Highlighted

Elma thinking of you today sending a big hug !!! Xxx
Highlighted

Hi Stars
Just thought I would let you all know there is another Star in the making. Second September thread had come up so I have taken the initiative to invite Noggin over to our thread. xxxxxx
Highlighted

Thanks Frechfancy, if you hear from her can you pop a note on the maisies page and let us know she is ok please.

Hope all you other girls are doing ok. I have had my 2nd dose of FEC today,  so far just a bit delicate  xx

Highlighted

Hi Gilly, Barbs posted yesterday to say she was home ok but feeling a little'hungover'. They've given her the best anti-sick from what I can gather but we're still waiting to hear from her today. Really hope she's ok as well. We're all looking out for her too.
Highlighted

Hi girls, just popping in from the maisies to ask if anyone has heard from Barbara after her first dunking yesterday. I've not seen her post anywhere and wanted to know if she was alright xxx

Highlighted

Thanks Elma. Yes I am still twinkling but I am suffering a bit today with what I think is called chemo brain. Emails are being sent to the wrong people with the wrong messages. Good job everyone knows I'm an idiot otherwise there could ptentially be some serious issues going on here today!
Just in case I don't manage to get my head back on straight today, good luck to Hazey for tomorrow. Hope everything is going along ok for everyone else. Love and hugs to you all xxxxx
Highlighted

Hope Nikki and Blue are doing ok today at the bar. Hazey good luck for tomorrow, will be thinking of you. Hope everyone else is ok - haven't heard anything from a few of you for a while? xx
Highlighted

Having a little brandy on the rocks hopefully followed by a good nights kip 😉
Night night stars xxx
Highlighted

Sorry Boss i've been up to my ears in work all evening - memo to self must do better tomorrow, leave the work in work
Highlighted

Barbara is back but was later than expected as hospital was running late.  She was feeling tired so I daresay she's climbed the wooden hill early 

Highlighted

Has anyone heard from Barbara???  She normally posts on Aug FB too but not seen anything from her

Highlighted

Good to see you're still twinkling PTB! xx

Highlighted

Where is everyone? It's a bit worrying. Not always easy I know but maybe we should try and make an effort. We still need to be inspirational for others!! Love and hugs Stars. I know you're twinkling somewhere!!
Highlighted

Hi Nikki, it is quiet here today, I keep jumping between both sites to try and keep up with everyone. 

Good luck to you and Blue for tomorrow - will be thinking of you both xx

Highlighted

It's really quiet on here is everyone using FB now?
Highlighted

Yeay, am back safe & sound! Taken all my tablets, (well not literally all obviously!) but enough to keep the nausea at bay (please!!) as advised by Everyone. And already had some bread thanks, got that from you Bobbie!! And just to be on the safe side, my temp best friend will be my faithful old 'sick bucket'. It has been with us for years, never really knowing what it's purpose in life is, simply waiting to be useful to someone, happy to be a comforting addition to the family. Well Mr Sick Bucket, my old friend, your time is now!! Do not fail me in my hour of need.
Too much??? Thought so!! 😃

P.S. If you already read this on FB, you probably didn't think it was funny first time round either!! Haha 😀😀
Highlighted

Thanks PTB tomorrow is coming round fast now. Glad to hear you're doing pretty well, fingers crossed I can duplicate that 🙂 take care x
Highlighted

Hi Stars
Hope everyone is doing ok today. Seems like its been a bit of a quiet day here on the forum. I suppose we are all anticipating the return of Barbs and Frenchfancy.
While I have the chance, just like to say love and hugs to Nikki and BlueTopaz for tomorrow. We are all with you girls.
My day has been pretty good again. I really hope and pray it's the same for all my fellow Stars who have been at the bar so far. xxxx
Highlighted

I tried the cold cap and although uncomfortable was bearable. It just increases your treatment time by 2 1/2 hours. Also as they say not to use heat on your hair eg hairdryer & straighteners & no chemical dyes, is there a point when you have a thick mop like mine, which needs a hairdressers touch every 5 weeks to cover up the grey and if left i would look like a mad banshee !!!

Will give it another go on 23rd and see how i feel then xxx

Highlighted

Morning girls tweaked list

NME/DIAG. DATE/TMNT. NUMBER. LOCATION

Avonlady/WLE gde3 28/8. #1. Notts

Rachelr/WLE gde3 ER/PR/HER2- 29/8 FEC-T. #1. Reading
HEvg123/MX/ANC(3/?). 29/8 FEC-T. #1. Kent coast

Jo43/WLE/ANC(2/20). 30/8 FEC-T. #1. Bucks
Gold63/MX. 30/8 no details. #1. No details
Pips64/WLE ER/PR/HER2- 30/8 FEC. #1. Cheshire

Tracey46/no details. 3/9 FEC-T. #1. No details
PTB/no details. 3/9 FEC-T. #2 Wrexham

hg12/no details. 4/9 FEC-T. #1. No details
Katepb/no details. 4/9 ???? #1. No details
Maseo/WLE/ANC4/18gde1/ER/PR+HER2- 4/9 FEC-T. #1. Coventry

Beam67/WLE gde3. 6/9 FEC-T. #1. No details
Thebatman/MX/SLN(0/2)gde2ER8-PR3+HER2- 6/9 TC. #1. E. Anglia

Barbarella63/MX ANC(2/16)gde2 ER+PR/HER2- 9/9 FEC-T. #1. Lincoln
Frenchfancy/MX/ANC(8/22)gde3 ER/PR+HER2- 9/9 FEC-T. #1. Chester

Blue-topaz/MX/ANC2/? ER/PR+HER2- 10/9 FEC-T. Wigan
NIkki49/MX/ANC(0/11)gde3ER/pR/HER2- 10/9 FEC-T. #1 Fareham

Hazey85/MX/ANC/(24/43)gde3ER/PR/HER2+. 11/9 #1. Warwicks

Samjs/WLE. 18/9 FEC . Northants

Cinderssarah/WLE/ANC(1/16)gde2ER+ 20/9.

Ally51/no details. 23/9 no details. #2 Solihull

Elma55/MX/ANC(12/15)gde3ER/PR/HER2- 24/9 FEC-T #1 Chichester

Lulu34/TBNC lung mets. ?? EC-/Genetipib? #1. Edinburgh

Bonnie8862/MX/ANC(14/16)gde3HER2+\ER/PR- ". ". Gatwick

Sarahsomething/MX/ANC. ". ". Berkshire

Jinxy12. Kent

Bonellie/MX/ANC(4/7)gde2 ER+|HER2? ". ". Unknown

Austigirl/MX. No other details

Highlighted

I had my bloods done on Wednesday & portacath fitted on Friday. Still feeling a little sore around the portacath & seroma needs draining which I'm hoping to get done tomorrow. I have booked for the cold cap but keep changing my mind - guess I'll decide when I get there xx
Highlighted

Same as you, ready as i can be. Bit apprehensive, but I'll put my funny mask on and crack jokes. Got pre visit appointment and blood test tomorrow. Are you having coldcap? I'm booked for it, will give it a try x
Highlighted

Deb - ready as I'll ever be I guess, what about you, are you ready?
Highlighted

Good lucky Babarella and Frenchfancy for tomorrow. You're both strong and will get through it. For your list i am having my treatment at wigan, think radio therapy will be done at Christie's in Manchester. Jo and Bobbie how are you both doing now? Nikki are you ready for Tuesday
xx Deb

Highlighted

Evening ladeez had a lovely family day and have not thought too much about tomorrow!!!!! I'm putting the latest list up for y'all to see!! As you all know is me and the lovely FF tomorrow EEK!!!! Then blue and Nikki on Tuesday! Hope Rach,Hevg123,hg12,kate,jinxy12 and austigirl are all ok not heard from any of them for ages!! Perhaps they have decided this forum is not for them, but hoping they are fine, I have sent out DM's to them but no replies as yet so assuming they're not using the forum at the moment!! Anyway latest list for your delight

NME/DIAG. DATE/TMNT. NUMBER. LOCATION

Avonlady/WLE gde3 28/8. #1. Notts

Rachelr/WLE gde3 ER/PR/HER2- 29/8 FEC-T. #1. Reading
HEvg123/MX/ANC(3/?). 29/8 FEC-T. #1. Kent coast

Jo43/WLE/ANC(2/20). 30/8 FEC-T. #1. Bucks
Gold63/MX. 30/8 no details. #1. No details
Pips64/WLE ER/PR/HER2- 30/8 FEC. #1. Cheshire

Tracey46/no details. 3/9 FEC-T. #1. No details

hg12/no details. 4/9 FEC-T. #1. No details
Katepb/no details. 4/9 ???? #1. No details
Maseo/WLE/ANC4/18gde1/ER/PR+HER2- 4/9 FEC-T. #1. Coventry

Beam67/WLE gde3. 6/9 FEC-T. #1. No details
Thebatman/MX/SLN(0/2)gde2ER8-PR3+HER2- 6/9 TC. #1. E. Anglia

Barbarella63/MX ANC(2/16)gde2 ER+PR/HER2- 9/9 FEC-T. #1. Lincoln
Frenchfancy/MX/ANC(8/22)gde3 ER/PR+HER2- 9/9 FEC-T. #1. Chester

Blue-topaz/MX/ANC2/? ER/PR+HER2- 10/9 FEC-T. Unknown
NIkki49/MX/ANC(0/11)gde3ER/pR/HER2- 10/9 FEC-T. #1 Fareham

Hazey85/MX/ANC/(24/43)gde3ER/PR/HER2+. 11/9 #1. Warwicks

Samjs/WLE. 18/9 FEC . Northants

Cinderssarah/WLE/ANC(1/16)gde2ER+ 20/9.

Ally51/no details. 23/9 no details. #2 Solihull

PTB/no details. 25/9 FEC-T. #2 Wrexham

Lulu34/TBNC lung mets. ?? EC-/Genetipib? #1. Edinburgh

Elma55/MX/ANC(12/15)gde3ER/PR/HER2- ??? FEC-T #1 Chichester

Bonnie8862/MX/ANC(14/16)gde3HER2+\ER/PR- ". ". Gatwick

Sarahsomething/MX/ANC. ". ". Berkshire

Jinxy12. Kent

Bonellie/MX/ANC(4/7)gde2 ER+|HER2? ". ". Unknown

Austigirl/MX. No other details

Highlighted

Good evening Shining Stars.
Back home again now. Fantastic family evening. Good food and good company, can't beat it. Just that I couldn't stop eating, so I didn't. Decided I might as well enjoy it while I can!! OH arrived safely back too. Still feeling a little lack lustre but determined not to give in to this evil little creep. It's amazing how enjoying yourself makes you more determined to fight your way back to the top.
Really should have an early night tonight but first must say good luck and best wishes to anyone with appointments tomorrow. Also big hugs for Barb and Frenchfancy. Let us know how you get on as soon as you can. xxxx
Highlighted

Hi Jo,
I am day 11 after 1st chemo and feeling normal again thanks,went to Notts yesterday to have my wig trimmed ready for wearing and have bought a turban as well for in the house got to keep my head warm!! Xx
Highlighted

Hi stars
Thank u all for your kind thoughts, I am feeling less queasy. hair feels horrid though and keep thinking that I should just bite the bullet and get shaved off..........

Went for a short stroll with oh it was nice to get some fresh air. Mouth is beginning to feel not exactly sore but bitty as if it is shredding - I hate this. will try bonjela if it gets really sore.

Love and hugs to barbs and ff for tomorrow

FF is sent a fb request - I will send you a pm

Georgina
Highlighted

ARRR my fellow dunker , you have joined the club re energy, but good your still doing well otherwise 🙂
Highlighted

Good to hear you are doing well Avonlady 🙂 x
Highlighted

Evening stars,

Hope we are ok, Georgina are you feeling any better?

Are we all on FB now?

Highlighted

Hi Stars
Knew it wouldn't last. Energy is failing. Spent most of the day doing sweet fa despite my good intentions. Still feel well though. Managed to get to my daughters for family dinner. There was no way I was missing that. I still have a good appetite and dinner smells delicious. Weather turned to s**t too. Not going to start moaning though.
Hope all you Stars are having a good Sunday. I still intend to enjoy the rest of mine. xx
Highlighted

Pleased to hear you're picking up Avonlady fingers crossed it continues xx
Highlighted

Hi, was in notts yesterday my lovely daughter in law took me to have my wig trimmed and then we went for lunch. My hair has not started to come out yet but it is feeling less strong on day 11 now but the wig is now ready and I have a turban for indoors.started to pick up a little not feeling so tired I can cope with it it things don't change next dunking .take care .jenny xxx
Highlighted

ff (wouldn't let me use caps!!!) and Barbs good luck both for tomorrow! xx

Georgina, hope you’re having a better day today?

PTB keep it up girl!

Just got my start date, it's definitely 24th September so will be joining all of you on the other side soon.

Hope all Stars are having a good Sunday even if weather is a bit iffy in places.

xx