1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting chemo in September???

Nikki49

Re: Starting chemo in September???

Gold63 to DM click on picture/name of person it opens a new screen, then on the right it says something like send this person a private message
gold63

How do I dm you?
Sorry for my ignorance!
Annie62

Hi Barbs,  just looking in from the August thread and I wondered what you mean about the Xylotene as I've got some too, but I thought it was just for a mouthwash!   Do you mean you actually clean your teeth with it, instead of toothpaste?

Have been having terrible mouth and throat problems this time around (FEC2 Day 16) so any tips welcome! Smiley Happy

Annie x

Barbarella63

Pots I shall update your details, I'm not surprised you're feeling panicky only natural and perfectly normal , we have all felt like that and regularly still do, that's why this site is so good, nothing like a bit of support from someone who knows EXACTLY how you're feeling. By the way whereabouts in the UK are you? There might be a star in your area and you could maybe meet up! On the dental side I did get a check up they said teeth were fine but they have given me a bit of jip, but I bought some xylotene off the Internet and its brill, you should google it! It's like brushing your teeth with sugar which is bizarre but its really helped with my mouth pain, wasn't cheap tho cost me £20 but worth every penny. I completely understand about the ace book thing but one thing I will say is that some of the August ladies felt like you then opened a Facebook account just to access the group, they didn't add any friend or use it publicly, you could do that if you wanted to but up to you of course. Barbs xxx
Lulu34

Hiya Pots

Welcome to the gang.

Font worry if your feeling a wee bit sorry for yourself... We all have days like that and we are allowed to feel rubbish... We have been dealt a crappy hand after all.

With regards to the dentist... Unless you have any urgent tooth problems they will prib wait till after chemo beofre they do treatment..... I have just had a dental appt as i wanted my wisdom tooth pulled but my dentist has left and i got a diff dentist who im not that keen on and who isnt sure she can even pull the tooth!

Now trying to track down my old dentist who i loved and who i know would do a good job. I have mets and likely to be on and off chemo for ever so i really want the tooth out before i start as its been infected twice in the ast 6 months.

Anyway enough about my stupid teeth lol.

If you decide to join FB let us know as we are much more active on there.

Hiya Gold
its lovely to see you back.... Your nieces wedding sounds very emotional. Enjoy your night out.

Love and hugs
lulu x
Pots14

Thank you all for such a lovely welcome. I've no idea why I was so nervous, just been feeling panicky on and off all day.

Cinderssarah - you weren't scary at all just my worry about putting something down in e-world for anyone to read.

but have now talked sense to myself.

Barbs - thanks so much for getting sept stars up and running, keeping the list and thanks to all of you - I've found it so helpful just reading your posts  over the past few weeks. Thanks for the fb offer, but it's not for me.

For the list - I had 2 WLE (margins not clear) and ANC g3 5/12 nodes and am having FEC-T, radio and tabs.

Most of the time trying to take it one step at a time (very unlike me - big planner). Am usually very positive, just a wobbly day, but God I'm frustrated 'cos can't do the things I want to do, am very impatient! Am trying to get organised for tues just in case not feeling well, but getting completely distracted with Lord knows what and acheiving very little on my list. Just read this back - I sound a nightmare.Sorry has turned into a bit of a diatribe.. Snap out of it girl!

On a practical note -did anyone else not manage to get a dental check-up before their 1st one? My dentist couldn't fit me in - prob. not forceful enough.Usually good knashers, but am a little worried in case............don't need my teeth falling out on top of everything else!

Pots

Barbarella63

Gold dm me with who you really are and ill add you to the f/book group

Updated list with Samjs confirmed date

NME/DIAG. DATE/TMNT. NUMBER. LOCATION

Rachelr/WLE gde3 ER/PR/HER2- 29/8 FEC-T. #1. Reading
HEvg123/MX/ANC(3/?). 29/8 FEC-T. #1. Kent coast

Pips64/WLE ER/PR/HER2- 30/8 FEC. #1. Cheshire

Tracey46/no details. 3/9 FEC-T. #1. No details
PTB/no details. 3/9 FEC-T. #2 Wrexham

hg12/no details. 4/9 FEC-T. #1. No details
Katepb/no details. 4/9 ???? #1. No details
Maseo/WLE/ANC4/18gde1/ER/PR+HER2- 4/9 FEC-T. #1. Coventry

Beam67/WLE gde3. 6/9 FEC-T. #1. No details
Thebatman/MX/SLN(0/2)gde2ER8-PR3+HER2- 6/9 TC. #1. E. Anglia

Barbarella63/MX ANC(2/16)gde2 ER+PR/HER2- 9/9 FEC-T. #1. Lincoln
Frenchfancy/MX/ANC(8/22)gde3 ER/PR+HER2- 9/9 FEC-T. #1. Chester

Blue-topaz/MX/ANC2/? ER/PR+HER2- 10/9 FEC-T. Wigan

Hazey85/MX/ANC/(24/43)gde3ER/PR/HER2+. 11/9 #1. Warwicks

Bonnie8862/MX/ANC(14/16)gde3HER2+\ER/PR- 12/9 #1 Gatwick

Pots14. 17/9. #1

Avonlady/WLE gde3 18/9. #2. Notts

Lulu34/TBNC lung mets. Results 20/9 EC-/Genetipib? #1. Edinburgh
Cinderssarah/WLE/ANC(1/16)gde2ER+ 20/9. #1. Abergavenny
Jo43/WLE/ANC(2/20). 20/9 FEC-T. #2 Bucks
Gold63/MX. 20/9no details. #2 No details

Ally51/no details. 24/9 no details. #2 Solihull
Elma55/MX/ANC(12/15)gde3ER/PR/HER2- 24/9 FEC-T #1 Chichester

Samjs/WLE. 27/9 FEC . #1 Northants

NIkki49/MX/ANC(0/11)gde3ER/pR/HER2- 1/10 FEC-T. #2. Fareham

Sarahsomething/MX/ANC. ". ". Berkshire

Jinxy12. Kent

Bonellie/MX/ANC(4/7)gde2 ER+|HER2? ". ". Unknown

Austigirl/MX. No other details
gold63

Thanks , the day was VERY emotional -  I caught my brother's eye as he walked my niece up the aisle - i started crying then he did! Spent the whole day telling each other how much we were loved.....

I have followed the fb link bu I am no expert - hope to see you all on there if I can get in!

Off to a comedy night tonight - well every bit of laughter is needed right now and  don't know how I will feel after the next dunking so taking every good day I can and using it.

xx

elma55

Hello Pots14, hope you enjoy hanging out with us, we’re a nutty bunch but then you need to be on this journey, look forward to sharing the load, we’re always here for you.  Nice idea Nikki re heading, good to hear your appetite is picking up.  Go you Barbs!   PTB you always make me feel hungry, and I’ve got a fridge just like yours!  Good to hear from you Gold, we wondered how you were doing – Friday must have been an emotional day for all of you.  Hope you’re feeling something like back to normal now that you’re in the good week of your cycle. We’ll be there for you on the 20th.

Jinksy/Sue, haven’t heard from you for a while, hope you’re ok?  I’m in your neck of the woods tomorrow (Tunbridge Wells) visiting my sister.  Austgirl have they given you a date yet?  Rachel, Helen, Heather, and sarahsomething, how are you getting on, we miss you!  BonEllie have you got a date yet?

Bonnie, hope the se’s, if any, are minor and you’re ok – let us know when you can.  xx

Nikki49

Welcome Pots14, i am sorry you have found yourself in our group, I have found it a great support & I'm sure you will too. It's a great way to share tips for getting through this rotten illness love & hug xx
Guest user
Not applicable

FEC 1 Day10
Hi Stars
Back home after weekly catch up and hug visit with my GP. He wants blood tests so that's extra being taken when I go for my pre-chemo blood test Monday week. Asked about reducing my diazapam dose to one a day. He's fine with that as long as I am, Bless him. Think I might just give them to my OH, he's more stressed than I am at the moment!
Don't want to make those who have no appetite or those who are suffering with sickness feel any worse but I have just been taken out for a pub lunch. Chicken in Madeira sauce and jam rolypoly with custard, absolutely delicious.
Sorry Barbs and Nikki I have no secret, this is just sheer luck. As I keep saying I'm just going to enjoy it while I can. We all need our strength to get through this.
Btw Barbs my next chemo is 25th for your list, which I am extremely grateful for otherwise I would never remember where we all are. Do like Nikki's idea about putting our treatment date on postings. Might be an idea to post that idea on FB page too then we might get everyone on board.
Lovely to hear from you Gold and glad to know that things have been pretty good for you. I don't feel quite so guilty now.
Also like to say Hi to Pots. Just echo what everyone else has said. We're all in this together my lovely and believe me we all have the same feelings too. x
Hope everyone is getting through Friday 13th ok and that you are going to enjoy the best possible weekend. My OH is off and away again tomorrow so back to just me and darling Son, but we do have my Grandaughter staying for 2 days so that should be fun. Love and hugs to all you wonderful Stars. xxxx
Barbarella63

Samjs/WLE. 16/9 FEC . #1 Northants

Pots14. 17/9. #1

Gold63/MX. 20/9no details. #2 No details

Jinxy12. Kent

Barbarella63

Welcome back gold63 glad to hear you got through it ok without too many horrid SE's. glad you made the wedding and your brave sister in law too,must have been a really emotional day for you all. Ill update your next dunking and put up the new list. If you feel like joining Facebook the link is https://www.facebook.com/groups/Startroopers/ barbs xx
Barbarella63

Hi pots so sorry you find yourself here with all us poor unfortunates, but very glad you plucked up the courage to finally add a post. Of course you're a star and we will try and help you through this as we all help each other it's a hell of a ride but got to keep telling yourself its not forever, it will be behind you eventually and you will come out of it a stronger person with a greater appreciation of all that we have in life that maybe sometimes we take for granted (that's how I feel anyway!!) I will add you to the list for Tuesday so we can keep an eye on you. Don't want to bombard you too much but we also have a Facebook group that is secret and a little more personal than here but its entirely up to you whether you join it or not. If you want to follow this link https://www.facebook.com/groups/Startroopers and we will look forward to seeing you there! Try not to stress too much about Tuesday you will prob be fine and you just don't know till you've done it, the nurses are lovely and its not nearly as scary a place as you'd imagine. If you don't feel like posting much that's fine, but just let us know you're ok afterwards, good luck hon and welcome to the stars Barbs xxxxxx
Cinderssarah

Pots 14 Welcome were we that scarey that you were afraid to post lol. We are all lovely and you are most welcome to join us both here and on facebook. I'm on the 20th and Sam on the 18th so you're not alone 😄 xx
gold63

Hi to all Stars

Been a couple of weeks since I checked in . Currently FEC day 15 and sol far se minimal.(slight nausea/headaches/mildsih mouth ulcers) Worst is felt weepy this week, but guess that is not surprising under the circumstances. Still waiting to see what happens with the hair, I tried the cold cap so anything could happen, so far so good (fingers crossed)

Had a lovely day last Friday, went to my niece's wedding. Special day as my sister in law didn't know if she would make it. She has been battling leukemia for the last year and it was touch and go for her.

I hope all goes well for your next appts and se do not take over too much.

My next dunking is a week today - 20th - getting nervous again .....This really is one crazy journey.

Hugs to all of you

xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Pots & welcome aboard the mad house. I had my 1st on 3rd & just like you & all the other stars we all felt exactly the same, not knowing what was going to happen ! Please dont panic too much as i am sure that the nurses will look after you. Just make sure you take some comfies with you. I took some fluffy socks, lots of mags & some munchies. I have not had any bad SE's following my 1st session, not like some of the other ladies. 

Just keep a positive mental attitude & think to yourself...thats the 1st one down ! Afterwards get lots of rest, take the anti sickness tablets even if you dont feel sick & im sure you will be just fine xxx

Pots14

Hello,

can't believe how much courage it's taking me to type this (first ever post), but I've been following you all since you first sarted the Sept stars. Can I join you? My first chemo is tuesday (17th), and I'm begining to "brick it"  not so much because of the chemo (athough not looking forward to that at all) , but the whole thing has suddently become very real.

Pots

Nikki49

Fec 1 Day 4
I agree with Barbs.... PTB we want your secret. I've just managed to have a shower & hair wash and am now absolutely worn out so sitting down in towelling dressing gown with the hood up to dry my hair. May just put on some clean pj's rather than get dressed. Feeling very weak & weedy at the moment 😞
Barbarella63

PTB You are soooo lucky!!!!! I wanna know your secret lol! Pleased to report I feel much better today managed to have porridge for breakfast go me!! bit worried I haven't had a poo yet prob too much info but don't want to think I'm gonna have to sweat it out on the loo to force out a boulder that might hurt 😰👎💩 Nikki I have updated your date at the cocktail bar and mine and FF who I presume will still be same day as me (yep really looking forward to that day....NOT) well done PTB for finding another potential poor s*d for our group, sorry she finds herself able to join but hopefully we will drag her through it with the rest of us with as much good humour as we can muster!!! Bonnie hope your ok lovely and have got through ok let us know when you can and Tracey46 welcome to f/book get your pictures ready we wanna see yoooo!!!Anyway girls here's the list hope your day is kind to you ( can't believe its Friday the 13th I'm gonna hide don't want anything else bad happening!!) much love Barbs xx

Gold63/MX. 30/8 no details. #1. No details

Jinxy12. Kent

Guest user
Not applicable

Great idea Nikki. Mine is currently FEC#1 day 10.
Still doing ok btw. Thankfully SE's have been minimal and I have been able to carry on with "normal" life. Actually feel a bit guilty when I read through all the postings here and on FB when so many of you have suffered such unpleasant things. Just know that I think about you all everyday because my life has changed a lot thanks to your influences. Keep shining Stars. We are the brightest. Love and hugs. xx
Nikki49

I've been thinking that now we're all starting to be dunked it may be useful to put the cycle and day at the top of our postings - I've noticed other monthly threads do this, I thinks it helps those coming up behind you know roughly what's coming...... good or bad.
I.e. for me today it would be
FEC T #1 Day 4
Nikki49

Good morning stars, pleased to report I'm feeling a little more human today, I even managed 2 weetabix for breakfast :). Good luck to those with appointments today and hope all those that have been dunked recently have minimal se's. love & hugs xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Good Morning Stars
Hope you are all doing ok today. Good luck with appointments etc. Treats afterwards remember.
I seem to have located another potential Star, Lisabeth. No chemo date but could be September. I have invited her to drop in on us anytime.
Take care everyone. Love and hugs to all. xxx
elma55

Hi Kate, we've all been wondering about you, sorry to hear you've had a few se's but glad you're feeling better. Did you try the cold cap?   Barbs, I've only  just realised what the number "1" refers to in your list, dozy me!   Bonnie, hope all went well for you today, let us know you're ok when you can, bet you'll be ready for the sofa tonight.    Hi BonEllie, hope all is good with you?   Sam and Sarah, good luck both with your tests tomorrow.  Sleep well wishes to all Stars out there xx

Barbarella63

Yay Kate you're back...phew glad you're ok xxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

So lovely to hear from you and glad that things are improving. Yes we are all fighting for the end goal and we will keep supporting each other through and through. Keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on. Take care. Love and hugs. xxx
KatePB

Hi Stars

Gosh, cannot believe how many posts have been but on since I last posted.  Anyway I had my first chemo on 4 Sept.  High as a kite for a couple of days, then complete fatigue set in so slept for a day, followed by many side effects so spent a day on ward at my cancer hospital undergoing tests/obs.  Thankfully now feeling much better but still "under the weather".  Keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end, remaining positive.  My oncol may adjust my chem for cycle 2 so will be wait and see.  Good to see some positive comments and hope things get better soon for those suffering.  Hugs.  xx 

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Barbs, it was me who first contacted Noggin but I know Frenchfancy has messaged too. Will try a PM. hope we haven't frightened her off with our insanity!! Glad to hear you are lounging on the sofa, make the most of it, well at least until the ironing is done! Thanks for the updated list. My second session is 25th. xx
Hope everyone is doing ok, especially those we don't seem to have heard from for a while. Love and hugs to all you beautiful Stars. xxx
Barbarella63

I stand corrected....I believe Bonnie8862 is up today good luck Pauline revised list below

NIkki49/MX/ANC(0/11)gde3ER/pR/HER2- 10/9 FEC-T. #1 Fareham

Lulu34/TBNC lung mets. ?? EC-/Genetipib? #1. Edinburgh

Jinxy12. Kent

Barbarella63

Right girls I'm back!!!! Unfortunate hospital admission due to the dreaded vomming but under control now...phew!! Nobody being dunked today, next one up will be Samjs on Monday but this is to be confirmed. Updated list below, I have put the number 2 dunking a on so you have shuffled around a bit but hope it makes sense! Got a request to the f/book group but I'm not sure who on the forum it is have sent them a fbook msg to ask then I will add them. noggin where are you girl????? We are waiting for your arrival, can't remember which star saw her originally but whoever it was why don't you dm her and ask her outright if she wants to join our band of nut cases. Notice that thebatman has been very quiet hope you're ok??? Everyone else hope your day is as good as it can be, I'm currently lounging on the sofa whilst OH is doing the ironing...bless!!!! Barbs xx

NIkki49/MX/ANC(0/11)gde3ER/pR/HER2- 10/9 FEC-T. #1 Fareham

Lulu34/TBNC lung mets. ?? EC-/Genetipib? #1. Edinburgh

Bonnie8862/MX/ANC(14/16)gde3HER2+\ER/PR- ". ". Gatwick

Jinxy12. Kent

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry, I finished by 12.20 and have only just picked up your message. We will have to try and catch up again. Maybe if you feel up to it we could meet up for a cuppa and a chat somewhere.
Hope the wig is ok. I am really pleased with mine. Photos will appear on FB eventually, honest. xxx
frenchfancy

Are you still at the hosp PTB?
Guest user
Not applicable

No probs FF. the most important thing is that you are ok. Hope you managed some sleep last night and that you 're feeling brighter now. I'll just watch out for your next posting. Take it easy. I'm sure the wig can wait another week if necessary. If you can stand the thought of it and manage to keep it down I find porridge an excellent start to the day. Catch up later hopefully. xx

Love and hugs to everyone today. Keep shining. xxxxxx
frenchfancy

PTB will let you know bit later if that's ok as not feeling like going anywhere right now. Need to sleep, stop feeling nauseous , and try to eat something. Watch this space xx

Hope everyone else is getting plenty of good rest without too much yuckiness!
Blue_topaz

PS going to book session at headstrong, got few scarves, and wig fitting on fri. But believe headstronggive you lots of ways to wear them x
Blue_topaz

Hi Everyone
Wide awake tonight, must be the steriods. Good luck to those having treatment tomorrow. Not heard from Nikki or Hazel yet. Hope you are ok and SE not bad. Had my tea 6.30 only cereals, but lying heavy on my stomach. Don't feel sick, but took anti sickness tablet just in case.
xx Deb
elma55

Lulu, good luck for tomorrow, let us know when you're back home. Hazey, hope you're ok ? Bonnie, I've PM'd you . Nikki hope today has been se free and you're taking it easy? Night-night everyone xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Elma have you had your grandchildren round cheering you up just seeing my granddaughters face makes me smile and they say that's as good as a tonic. Jenny xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry should have said AnnaBandana. xx
Guest user
Not applicable

French fancy ,Re photo of wig would you be able to post it on the photos page for me,I somehow managed to post it you but cannot seem to put it any where else not good with these things thanks for your comments,the hairdresser was so pleased with the photos he says he is going to use them on a new web page. Fancy !!! Xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Avonlady,
Lots of us have used Annabanda for scarves etc. Lots of designs and colours to choose from. Most scarves are pre tied I think so easy to fit. Have some reasonably priced sleep caps too which can be worn for bed or under scarves to keep your head a bit warmer. I have quite a small head too and the things I have bought are fine. xxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Hazey,
I am good after the first week things have been fine now week 3 and Feeling (normal) again if we ever can. How are you posting on f/b now as well .xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi been to see oncologist today ready for my 2 nd dunking next Wednesday ,had my bob trimmed a little shorter it's a bit cold round the ears though when all my hair has gone I will have to get something to put on my head for bedtime because I am soo nesh!!! Does anyone know a good site for head wear? I had trouble getting a wig as I have a small head needed a petite in the end. Take care xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Stars
Not a good day for me today if you've read FB but Damion wise everything is still ok.
Hope you are still doing ok Debs and that Hazey is home safe and sound. x
Sam, don't forget we are all here for you. After Monday the worst will be over and we will be waiting for you . x
Hopefully everyone is doing ok and I really hope you are home and resting Barbs. x
Frenchfancy, not sure how long appointments are with wig lady but I guess about 15 to 30 mins so I will probably be done by 12.45. Can always stop and have a cuppa in the cafe afterwards if you want to meet up before your appointment. I am only 5 minutes drive from the hospital and have a free afternoon tomorrow so not rushing off anywhere. It would be lovely to meet you. x
I agree with you re the forum. We need to continue supporting everyone. I really don't know how I would have got through the past few weeks without all you wonderful Stars. Your wit and your wisdom has been a brilliant tonic for me. Long may we continue to shine. x
Looks like a quiet day for the Stars tomorrow but much love to anyone who has appointments. Hope everything goes well for everyone. Love and hugs to all xx
Ps. Are you there Noggin? xx
Cinderssarah

Evening Stars

Just wanted to urge those of you who feel like a nun in the hats and scarves to book a Headstrong appointment.  Today I met two lovely ladies at Velindre Cancer Centre who have inspired me to spend the entire evening upstairs creating headgear 😄   At last I feel that I no longer look like a nun and the options are endless.  I am actually looking forward to wearing them 

Sarah x

frenchfancy

Oh Sam, don't panic! You're nearly there and the first will always be the worst! You have the benefit of most of us having done the first dunk already. Use us for whatever you need xx
We may well be on FB but think we still need to use here as well. After all there would not have been a FB page without this forum to meet like minded, supportive ladies going through the same thing.

Noggin, if you're reading these posts, don't be frightened of asking questions. We're all here to support each other through all of this.

PTB-we have our wig appt @ 1.30 then Headstrong at 2.15. We are using hospital transport to get us in so not sure what time will arrive. What time will you be around til?

How are Nikki & Blue doing? Both still got minimal se's hopefully!
Still waiting to get news of Barbs, all good hopefully!

And where's everyone else hiding? Come on Stars, lets shine for everyone again!! 🌟🌟🌟
samjs

Well girls i think my time has come. Had a phone call from the hospital this afternoon asking me to  go for an ECHO tomorrow at 9 as the oncologist wants it done before Monday- looks like Monday could well be Chemo no. 1 day for me! Now I will **bleep** myself! Posting thi sbut think we are all on FB aren't we?

xx

Blue_topaz

Hi all you stars  

hope everyone ok.  I've noticed loads of you got appointments today and very soon, too many for me mention without me  go through the threads, going to have write things down.

Anyway - good luck everyone whether you are having treatment or going  to appointments.  Hazel, best wishes for later, nerve racking, but you will get through it., 

Nikki, how are you doing?  I don't want to speak to soon as they saw, but no side effects as yet.  Had headache, but that nothing unusual for me, felt bit light head.  Had a good sleep, but touch wood ok at mo.  Got  syche myself up to self inject a steriod in my stomach soon  - oh yak.  Not scared of having needles, but never done DIY.

xx Deb

Guest user
Not applicable

FF, my wig appointment is at 12.15 but have one with(breast care nurse) at 11.45. It would be good if we could meet up. I may or may not have my OH with me. He is working from home at the moment and under pressure to get things done, but my daughter will be there. She has been my rock through this and the only appointment she has missed so far was my scan because OH was there . Just let me know when you are in. xx.