elma55

Re: Starting chemo in September???

Good luck Julo for tomorrow, let us know how you get on xx
frenchfancy

Sorry, forgot to mention Hawkie as well. All the best got day 2 xx
frenchfancy

Would like to wish the very best of luck for a smooth dunking to our ladies kraftireader & Julo for tomorrow. Hope everything goes ok and your back safe & sound without any delays.

To any recent 'dunkies', also hoping any se's disappear speedily or even better, don't arrive at all!!

Bonne nuit tout le monde xx
Barbarella63

Glad you're back and ok katepb!!! Icclv I look like a bit of a lesbo too!!!! How old are you, haxey85 is only 28 and there are a couple more younger ones too. Get yourself on Facebook lass we wanna see your face!!! Anything from Pots14?? Hope she is ok. Just to let everyone know its Julo and Hawkie to or row good luck lovelies xxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Love and hugs to you too.xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Icle-v welcome to our club we are a mixed group who I am sure you will find a little mad but we are full of suport and good ideas to help us all get through the day today trials of B/C there is always someone with help or good advice ready for you.
elma55

Hi Icle V, glad you found us xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Stars.
I'm home, drinking lots of water and resting.
Hope all my fellow Dunkers are ok and all you other Stars are shining bright.
Love and hugs xx
KatePB

Many thanks pas_the_boss.   

Barbarella sorry to read of your loss but enjoy wearing your wigs. xx

Hope all of us being dunked today have a reasonable experience and do not suffer too many se's.

Trust rest of you out there have a good day.  xx

Icle_V

Wowsa! Thank you ladies for all your posts x. This squatter has lots to answer to!
Well haircut was v upsetting but had to be done, gone extremely short and spiky although next cut will be "the shave". Like my hairdresser says.....I could get mistaken for a lesbian lmao.
2nd chemo on Friday I so hope it's not worse than my 1st cus I'm looking forwrd to my Mac Ds chicken sandwich.....hmmm yummy.
I'm in Leicestershire and probably be the youngest too. I'll get myself on fb group soon.

Remember these "squatters" don't have rights 😉

TC
V xxx

Barbarella63

Morning stars hope you are all ok today, I am no longer smug face in the hair department it's coming out!started yesterday but quite a lot this morning!! I'm going to see the Onc later then to town so planning on hanging on to it and then maybe whiz zing it off later depending how bad the drop age is!!! My hair doesn't feel sore at all but itchy and a little tingly like I'm gonna get a headache!! This is the day I was dreading but now it's here like everything else you just gotta deal with it!!! Xxxx
Barbarella63

Susieg are you back????? Ru ok girl? Hope so!! Let us know when you can chick xxxx all other stars that were up today are back I believe so happy days xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Just a quick good luck to Kraftireader for tomorrow. I missed you out before, sorry. Love and hugs. xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Stars,
Good to hear you are feeling ok Lisabeth. Take it easy and keep drinking the water. You can make up for that party next year when all of this is behind you. Then you really will have something to celebrate!
Bacon sarnies Cindersarah, good for you!!
Well I'm in the dunking pool tomorrow along with Maseo, KatePB and Hawkie, so good luck girls. Let's hope for no SE's.
Good luck to everyone on the appointment trail tomorrow and love and hugs to all the Shining Stars. xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck to all today and welcome icle v. Had first dose yesterday and feeling fine today. That bacon sarnie sounds yum !!
Barbs - next cocktail date 15 October FEC #2. My sons 22nd birthday but I'm sure he can party without me this once !!
Cinderssarah

Good morning IckleV and welcome - and good it is i've just eaten a bacon sandwich (a first in a long time). Hope you enjoy being around us even though the circumstances aren't the best 😄 By the way i'm on day 4 of poogate so it seems its a common thing but i'll exchange it for sicking anyday lol

Barbs i'm 11th of October for number 2 😄
Sarah xx
Barbarella63

Just one thing...when are the following people getting a hot date at chemo Central again??? Need to update the list 😀
Rachelr/hg12/Bonnie8862/Seaview/Cinderssarah/Jo43/Gold63/Pips64/Lisabeth/
Barbarella63

Hi Icle-v welcome aboard the star ship!!! Glad you found us, it's always easier to go through this with someone else and there's over 30 of us now in the same rocky boat! Not what we would have chosen but some good things have come out of it not least the support and good humour of the lovely ladies on this site! I too had the fun of A&E with an infection on my low immunity week, kept me waiting over 2 hours joke!! You dont live in Lincoln do you? Sounds like the same NHS hotel!!!!! Gave me antibiotics that resembled horse pills!!! Hope Friday goes well for you, you are up with quite a crowd there's 5 of you all up the same day...virtual paaaarty!!!!!! I'm up again Monday eek. It looking forward to it, was really sick last time so a teensy bit jittery about the next one!m are you having the bog standard FEC-T or are you special like some of the girls who are getting custom made cocktails! On the subject of poogate took me 5 days to go and that was bad enough, like lulu says drink Lactulose and lots of it, tastes ok and worked for me when other stuff didn't. The relief was immense I can tell you!!! It's the anti sickness and the antibiotics that clog you up!, honestly we will all be rattling by the end of this!! Anyway I have added you to our lovely list, so we don't forget about you, let us know when you're back on Friday so we know you're ok!! Oh, and one more thing GETA FACEBOOK ACCOUNT!!!!!!!! Barbs xxxxx

NME/DIAG. DATE/TMNT. NUMBER. LOCATION

Rachelr/WLE gde3 ER/PR/HER2- 29/8 FEC-T. #1. Reading

hg12/no details. 4/9 FEC-T. #1. No details

Bonnie8862/MX/ANC(14/16)gde3HER2+\ER/PR- 12/9 #1 Gatwick

Seaview. 18/9. #1

Cinderssarah/WLE/ANC(1/16)gde2ER+ 20/9. #1. Abergavenny
Jo43/WLE/ANC(2/20). 20/9 FEC-T. #2 Bucks
Gold63/MX. 20/9no details. #2 No details
Pips64/WLE ER/PR/HER2- 20/9 FEC. #2. Cheshire

Lisabeth. 23/9. #1

Ally51/no details. 24/9 no details. #2 Solihull
Elma55/MX/ANC(12/15)gde3ER/PR/HER2- 24/9 FEC-T #1 Chichester
Tracey46/no details. 24/9 FEC-T. #2. Hertfordshire
Susie-g MX/ANC 8/12 gde3 HER2+. 24/9 FEC-T. #2. W Sussex

Maseo/WLE/ANC4/18gde1/ER/PR+HER2- 25/9 FEC-T. #2. Coventry
Hawkie.gde3 HER2+ 25/9. T/Herceptin/Perjeta #1. Newcastle
KatePB. 25/9. #2. Sheffield
PTB/no details. 25/9 FEC-T. #2 Wrexham

Kraftireader. 26/9. #2
Julo. 26/9. #1

Samjs/WLE. 27/9 FEC #1 Northants
Thebatman/MX/SLN(0/2)gde2ER8-PR3+HER2- 27/9 TC. #2. E. Anglia
HEvg123/MX/ANC(3/?). 27/9 FEC-T. #2 Kent coast
Beam67/WLE gde3. 27/9 FEC-T. #2 Gloucester
Icle-v. 27/9 #2

Barbarella63/MX ANC(2/16)gde2 ER+PR/HER2- 30/9 FEC-T. #2 Lincoln
Frenchfancy/MX/ANC(8/22)gde3 ER/PR+HER2- 30/9 FEC-T. #2. Chester
Helenr51. MX/ANC 30/9 FEC-T. #1

NIkki49/MX/ANC(0/11)gde3ER/pR/HER2- 1/10 FEC-T. #2. Fareham
Blue-topaz/MX/ANC2/? ER/PR+HER2- 1/10 FEC-T. #2 Wigan
Lulu34/TBNC lung mets. 1/10 EC-/Genetipib? #1. Edinburg

Hazey85/MX/ANC/(24/43)gde3ER/PR/HER2+. 2/10 #2. Warwicks

Naturegirl15. 4/10. #2
Pots14. WLE gde3 ANC 5/12 4/10. FEc-T #1

Austigirl/MX. 8/10 FEC-T. #2. Unknown

Avonlady/WLE gde3 9/10. #3. Notts

Sarahsomething/MX/ANC. 10/10. #2 Berkshire

Jinxy12. Kent
Bonnellie/MX/ANC(4/7)gde2 ER+|HER2? ". ". Unknown
KatePB

Good morning Icle_v

You found a good place to share your experience.  Welcome aboard but sorry you are on here with us as not a pleasant journey for any of us.  All a friendly bunch who will help with any problems, etc.

Take care.  Virtual hugs.  xx

samjs

Hi Icle_v,

Sorry you find yourself here but it's a great support network. We have  a facebook page that is eaiser to navigate around if you send one of use a private message by clicking on our pictures with your  facebook name one of us can add you. 

You are not alone with the A& E experience unfortunately, you nee dto stamp your feet lots to avoid being in there too long.  

I am a chemo virgin, I start on Friday x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Icle_V, finally you have found your way to the Stars. Sorry to hear you have been a bit poorly, hope everything is sorting out now. Good luck at the hairdressers, lots of us are going through this dilemma now and wigs, scarves and hats are beginning to emerge. There's always plenty of great support, help and advice on here from all the other Stars but don't forget there's Facebook too where many of us gather daily for a more personal approach to things. Take care xx
Nikki49

Welcome to the stars icle v :-). You couldn't wish for a lovelier bunch of ladies to help you through. The super secret fb page is very active where not only will you find good advice but loads of laughs........ very therapeutic :-). If you fancy it just pm barbarella63 and she'll get you joined
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Icle_v
I'm having my second chemo on Friday too, a week delayed because I developed Neutropenia. I tried the cold cap for the first one, but my already fine hair has really thinned, but I can't face cutting it shorter or shaving my head at the moment, just letting it fall out, although that too is a nuisance. Look forward to hearing how short you went!
frenchfancy

Well it looks like a busy day at the bar tomorrow. Good luck to Elma55, Susieg, Ally51 and Tracey46 and Ally51 hope everything goes ok for you all xxx

For everyone else, enjoy your day. Try and do at least one thing, however small that makes you smile.😀.

Hello Icle V,
Sorry to hear you've had a bad time of it lately and hope you're feeling a little brighter. A few of us have had a less than perfect experience with A&E as well. Not good!! It sounds as though you're ready for your next round on Friday, here's hoping it goes as smoothly as the last for you. Regarding your constipation, I would get in touch with your GP as they should be able to give you something to ease that. It's a common problem for a lot of us, mainly due to the meds we're having to take for everything else.
Also, not sure if its me that's missed you, but may be this is your first time posting on here and if so welcome xx it's a great source of support and knowledge from a varied. And very funny groups of gals.

We do also have a FB group that nearly all of us are part of and if you would like to have a slightly more personal experience, feel free to join us there. If you PM Barbarella63, with your real name, she will see about getting you in.

Nice to see you, as I said, but sorry you too find yourself amongst us xx stay strong, keep smiling and shine brightly new Star!!
Lulu34

Hiya Icle V

good luck at the hairdressers.

when i had chemo first time around i had 9 day chemo constipation.... was a right pain in the ass (literally!)... i normally took 2x dioctyl but also had to take 2x senna, lactulose which i basically drank out the bottle and also movicol which i though was rancid but some folk like it.... after 9 days i went but it made me cry cos it was bl00dy agony.

was made even worse as i have an **bleep** fissure which split.

after that i made sure it never got as bad again and started the laxatives before i got bunged up.

hope it all goes pop soon!

Lx
Icle_V

Evening all,

Well I went into hospital on Thursday night after having a high temp and low white blood cells. A&E was experience that's for sure, good job I like people watching😀, I'm happy I'm out but on antibiotics.
I'm having my 2nd chemo on Friday, I just hope it's not bad although I was very lucky with my first one.
Has anyone had any problems with constipation? Even in hospital I couldn't shift it, driving me mad!
Other that I feel good part from my hair falling. Looks like a visit to hair dresser tomz to see how short I can go without shaving it off....

TC
V xxx
samjs

Blimey stars 76 posts tro catch up on. Can a girl not have  afew days away? lol

Hello to the following new ladies,  Suzzieg, Austigirl, Julo and Lisbeth. Are any of you on our facebook page?  Just put names to faces on FB for Lisbeth and  Austigirl.

Suzzieg I work as year 1/2 teacher so am off work for the duration too.

Well aldies now I am  nearing the popping cherry time, time seems to be running out! 

Hope all that are having a cocktail tomorrow  get through it SE free x

Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck all at the bar tomorrow we will be back here when you need us x
Nikki49

Good luck at the cocktail bar tomorrow girls, when youre able let us know you're back safely. Dont forget to keep chugging that water to wash to toxins out, seems all the girls that have done this have had minimum se's xx
elma55

Wishing fellow dunking buds Suzzieg, Tracey46 and Ally51 the best of luck for tomorrow, also any Stars with appointments. Love and hugs xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck to all the girls up at the bar tomorrow and don't forget to drink that water as soon as you get home. All the best as well to everyone who has appointments tomorrow. Love and hugs to everyone. Keep shining bright, Stars xx
Barbarella63

Good luck tomorrow to Susieg, Elma55 Tracey46 and Ally51 hope you gals get through with the minimum of fuss and don't forget to let us know how you are xxxxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Stars. Hope you are all doing ok.
Just wanted to share my most recent chemo purchase with you. Eye brow stencil kit from EBay, cost £4.15 free p&p. Might find it useful to enhance eyebrows as they begin to fall out and also when they have gone completely. Stencils are available for 99p. xx
KatePB

It should have read "Welcome Julo, not Well Julo" Apology.
KatePB

Well Julo.  Sorry you find yourself on here but you will find friendly people who offer support, virtually hugs and advice/their own experience.

Lisabeth.  Hope all goes well today.  hugs. xx

Barbarella63

No Pots14 yesterday....hope you're ok xxxx
elma55

Hello Julo, glad you found us! There are lots of us having our first or second cycle this week so you are not alone. Lisabeth, good luck with your first dunking today, and to all Stars with appointments today. xx
Barbarella63

Morning Julo how are you lovely???
Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck for today Lisabeth. I'll be thinking of you. I hope it goes as well as possible.
X
frenchfancy

Just wanted to say good luck to Lisabeth for tomorrow and hope its not as bad as you may be thinking . Hope all goes well with your PICC line as well. It should make the future ones even easier for you.
If there's anyone else with appointments, scans, bloods etc tomorrow as well, will be thinking if you.

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend and wish every one if you bright beautiful stars the very best if weeks to come .

Bonne nuit xx
hawkie

welcome Julo,sorry you find yourself here but its a good place to be under the circumstances.  hope you go over to FB too.  Ill be joining you at the bar on thursday as I have 3 days of treament this week, wed, thurs and fri so you wont be alone and its my first one too xx

Cinderssarah

Welcome Julo I hope everyonehas made you welcome and you stick around with us (especially on the other side lol)

Thanks Lulu we were having a discussion about the injections yesterday - see Barbs another example thar its yours thats overspent lol my jab cost more than yours LOL xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck to Lisabeth for tomorrow. I know there will be a lot of virtual hand holding going on. Check back in when you can so we don't worry too much. xx
Good luck also to anyone who has appointments or results tomorrow. Hope everything goes well. I have my pre chemo blood tests tomorrow.
Enjoy the rest of Sunday Stars, take care and most of all keep shining. xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Chemo number 3 on October 9 th last one of FEC s then on to three of the Ts
Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck tomorrow the nurses are lovely so kind xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Julo
Welcome to the Stars. Can't say anymore than the other Stars have already said except that without them my adventure through chemoland would be a lot more unpleasant experience to deal with. The Stars are the best support team you can ask for. Hope we will be able to help you through this too. xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks girls for the support and info I'm still trying to understand the lingo for different treatments and medicines. I had a Wide local excision and sentinel node biopsy in August. The node biopsy and surrounding tissue of the lump came back clear. I was told it is grade 2 cancer that's ER+ and HER2+. The onc thought hat chemo would give me the best outcome possible so I starts 6 cycles of FEC on Thursday. Then 4 weeks of radiotherapy then Herceptin once every 3 weeks for a year. At some point I will start taking tamoxifen for about 5 yrs. to me it sounds like a HUGE amount of stuff to be taking when the cancer doesn't appear to have spread? But I will do whatever the onc recommends to be rid of it completely.
I haven't been offered a cold cap but I don't think I would use it as the hair loss is the thing I'm least worried about.
I've already written a long list of questions to ask the nurse/doc on thurs but the list keeps growing!
I came off of fb about a year ago as I was fed up with the rubbish some people put on it but I will start it up again as he secret group sounds fun.
Is anyone from the Exeter area?
Xx
Nikki49

Thanks Boss xx
frenchfancy

Thought you'd be impressed Miss!!