1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting chemo in September???

itsacrazylife

Re: Starting chemo in September???

Hi all, got my 3rd and final FEC on 16th Oct at 1pm.  Then it's 3 rounds of 'T' which i am definately not looking forwards to!  I have read sooo much about how tough  'T' is on your system. Ive 'Googled' it soo much that ive scared myself i think!   Ive read that taking antihistermines can help.  Any help or advice on how to cope with the side effects will be gratefully received.  Lots of good wishes to everyone x

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank u xxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi just ask red to join the fb page x
hawkie

Hello to all the newbies on here, hope you are all doing well, would be great to see you on the facebook page for lots of extra support and a good few giggles too!

Emmagi, I too has Tax and herceptin on 27th, also having perjeta too so sounds like we may be cokctail buddies, next one due 18th?  Know what you mean about being hit by a bus, mine was day 8 and 9 I think and I couldnt do anything. Hair still in tact, I had heard day 14th, so pretty quickly and I think that may be due to the Tax.  

Catch you all soon

Jayne xxx

Cinderssarah

Hi HG I  know its not any consolation but i'm suffering too and am soooooo close to refusing to have my second one on Friday. I'm off shortly to see my onc to see how we're gonna proceed with number two.  Please think about coming over to our facebook group, everyone is so lovely and they have kept me going even when I really wanted to give up - they really DO help keep your chin up 😄

Sarah xx

Barbarella63

Hg12 you're not on your own that day got 4 virtual buddies going with you lovely xxxxx
Barbarella63

Gee kell can't send you a msg for some reason!! 👍😀 click on this link and I'll look out for you xxxx https://www.facebook.com/groups/Startroopers/

Hg12 try not to stress too much about the next one, I know it's easier said than done, anything we can do to help you through it just shout!! Never lose sight of why you're doing it honey!! It's awful but it's not forever!! Big hug to you xxxxxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Mines 16 oct. Dreading it xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi my next treatment is 16th October no3.
Bern very ill with first two and hospitalized gir ten days plus on both. . X
Barbarella63

Morning girls!!! Gosh another crop of latecomers!!!!! Welcome to one and all!! I have sent you all a private message about (whispers) Facebook shhhhh!!!! Sorry you find yourselves in the chemo club but it's far easier if you've got someone else doing it too!! We will drag one another through it by hook or by crook!! I am FEC#2 day 8 first one was hideous couldn't stop vomming, second one better.....a bit!!! Has taken me longer to come out of the chemo fog though!! My hair is still hanging on....just!! I didn't use the cold cap, it started falling out on FEC1 day 20 I had it clippered to a number 3 and I've still got a covering albeit a bit patchy now especially at the back where I have a rather snazzy bald patch going on!!!! Definitely out in public in the wigs now!! I had really long hair and it broke my heart to hack it off, but I've come to terms with it now!! I am determined to drag myself through this with my sense of humour intact, even if everything else has gone!!!! Can you guys let me know when your next treatments are and I'll add you to our ever growing list, that way we can check you're ok and wish you luck etc etc hope you all have a good day and send me a message about you know what!! Shhhhhh
Guest user
Not applicable

I am not far from you as i live in Solihull. You have come to the right place for support and people who really do understand as we are all going through the same thing together. Where are you having your chemo ? My next session is on 15th October at Heartlands Hospital. Have you seen the posting regarding the FB group ? There are currently 30+ ladies who swap stories, laughs & rally round anyone who is struggling.

Lucy_BCC

Hi Funki and welcome to the BCC forums
You have come to the right place for good support and in addition to the shared experiences you will soon have here our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support, lines open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000 so please feel free to call

You may find the following link to our 'Treatments' information and further support ideas pages helpful to read through in the meantime:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment?utm_source=Homepage&%3Butm_medium=help_you&%3Butm_campa...

Take care
Lucy BCC

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello everyone!

Have had 1st lot of Chemo (TAC) and will be having second lot tommorow.  After my first chemo I felt like I had been knocked over by a sledgehammer then felt like I had the worst hangover that had ever been invented.  Managed to keep nausea at bay with meds.  My hair fell out last week (on the end of 3rd week) up to  that point I actually thought I had got away with it.   Still have eyebrows so am not rocking the astonished look yet...bad enough with the hair loss.  My wig looks like roadkill so am being creative with scarves ( or trying  to be!!!)  As if we don't have enough to worry about??

I hope I have am on the right post and if so would love to join the September Stars?

itsacrazylife

thank you for the welcome, appreciate itMy name is ************and i live in Halesowen, which is a small town about 8 miles from birmingham;really need to be surrounded by people who understand just how things are for me at the moment.; I would really like to be a part of the September group so please let me know how to find it/become involved.; Im new to this forum and im not that good at navigating my way around yet.Look forwards to hearing from you.
Guest user
Not applicable

Just a very quick posting before I completely collapse of exhaustion. Been awake since 3am. Sending good luck to all the stars up at the bar tomorrow. Hope everything goes well and, you know the script, keep drinking the water. Also like to welcome the newbies. Hope you find all the support you need to get you through all of this. These ladies are the very best there are, they are super wise and super witty and super supportive too. Love and hugs to all xx
emmagi

I might be one of the last September starters, but i have only just resurfaced after my first treatment on 27th Sept so it has taken me a while to log on!

In fact, the first 2 or 3 days weren't bad at all, tired but that is quite acceptable i thought after Taxotere, Endoxan and Herceptin. but blimey, from about day 3 I was repeatedly  run over by a bus on several occasions.

I live in France (not doing a Kylie, I was already here) so as a matter of course received Emend (so no spewing, despite waves of nausea) and Neulasta to stimulate white blood cell production. I had been warned to expect flu like symptoms, ha ha. 

I have no idea whether it was the Tax or the Neulasta or the combination that caused the pain but steroids, anti histamines and  muscle relaxants made a massive difference, i just wished i had asked for them sooner. the pain in my neck and the back of my head had made it so i couldn't lie down so i couldn't sleep.

I sort of think that I ought to be more nervous about the next treatment but I feel like I know what to expect now and how to manage it better (beg for assistance sooner). but we shall see, everyone says it will be different every time........

Anyway, today is day 11 and I want to know on which day EXACTLY my hair is going to fall out??  my wig lady is adamant that it will be day 17 but i have heard people say day 14 and day 9 so which is it to be? I am planning to cut it all off to donate to the Little Princess trust but it seems a shame to cut it off before the last minute.

And, i didn't do the cold cap but had cold gloves and foot covers, do they really make a difference? they didn't seem cold enough

I think i have gone on long enough,

Good luck and best wishes to everyone else on the forum

xx

elma55

FEC-T FEC 1 Day 14

Hello everyone, just dropped in to welcome the newcomers, itsacrazylife and Geekell, and to wish Pots, Naturegirl and suzzie-g all the best for their dunkings tomorrow (everything crossed in the hope that you do actually get there tomorrow suzzie).  Hoping Icle_v is still beating the se’s.  Also best of luck Lulu and Cinderssarah with your appointments.  And Julo, impressed with you for having the energy to run on Day 11 – you must be super fit! xx

hawkie

Good luck (again) for tomrrow Pots!!

And hello to everone else xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi scottyb I'm having my 2nd FEC on Friday too. Like you my hair started to fall out Friday I'm moulting really but trying to keep hold if it for as long as I can. I've got my wig at the ready but need to have it cut and thinned out as it feels like I'm wearing a hat. Hope Friday goes well.
Barbarella63

Pots - great to hear from you, glad the sense of humour chip is still installed!! Can't believe you didn't get the bloods first...doh chemo brain!!!! MRI sounds fairly horrid when do,you get the results? Really hope your hot date goes ahead tomorrow and number 2 is better than number 1, don't forget to let us know you're back as soon as you're able - you know how we worry!!!! Batman and Lisabeth still incarcerated bless them but in the best place, although if the pictures of their food is anything to go by I'm sure they can't wait to get out!!!!
Pots14

sorry me again - you can buy a double sided sticky tape to help secure wigs, hats etc. Think you can get them from haberdashery shops or ask your "wig woman". May help for the breezy winter days (or memory lapses!)

Pots

Pots14

Hi, just checking in before 2nd dunking tomorrow.

Had liver mri this morning,- really didn't like. Would have the boob mri again anytime, ahh that's alright because I've got to!. I suddenly felt very claustrophobic, ended up ringing the buzzer for them them to get me out before the scan had even started - pathetic!

Then realised had buggered up being able to have pre-chemo bloods for tomorrow - should've got bloods done first but didn't realise, so got to have bloods done first thing (no lie in for me tomorrow!) and then a fingers crossed wait neutrophils are high enough. Likely to be a long old wait tomorrow, but as long as I get the drugs I don't care!

thebatman and lisbeth - sorry you're got the old neutropenia. Of all the options - if you're still stuck in hospital hope you're feeling well with it and are just bored rigid. When you get out its the most fantastic feeling. My Onc told me today that if it happens cycle 1 it may be a sign of things to come, but it might just be a one off. Fingers crossed for us all - I'm having the GCSF for longer this time so hopefully...........

Itsacrazylife - welcome!

Julo - run day 11 - couldn't do that before I had cancer. Very impressed.

SuzzieG - loved the wig story. Mine is now very thin, still not ready to wear wig and can't bring myself to shave it. Look like Matt Lucus (man in wheelchair from Little Britain) , but hat hides a multitude of sins, like the idea that there is a bit of hair showing. Am actually getting compliments about how stylish I look,. Must remember to compliment strangers if I think they look nice, such a boost to confidence even if its not true. Wow this is such a roller coaster of emotions.

Barbs - your list making (even if its wrong is great!!!) We'd all be stuffed without you.

Good luck to my fellow dunkees tomorrow - cindersarah, naturegirl15, augustigirl, susieG (glad your finally getting some!)  and lulu (can't remember where you are with your compicated regime, but hope you feel as good as you can with it)

I hope I haven't missed anyone..........

Over and out (finally!),

Pots  

Guest user
Not applicable

Welcome all the new ladies we are very friendly and funny so welcome aboard,good luck Pots for tomorrow as they say the second time is better but keep drinking the water .
Barbarella63

Can the following lovely peeps let me know when their next hot date is!! Xxxx

Rachelr
hg12
Bonnie8862
Seaview.
Maseo
KatePB.
Kraftireader.
Thebatman
HEvg123/
Beam67
Icle-v.
Blue-topaz
Hazey85
Guest user
Not applicable

Ah bless I know what you mean I keep apologising about my wig even though it was not cheap just think everyone knows it is a wig feel self conscious when wearing it.
Barbarella63

Hi girls! Welcome to its acrazylife sorry you are in this position but a nicer group of people you will not meet!! My arm is a little tender after FEC2 I've taken ibuprofen and it's ok sort of! I seem to have a lot of aches and pains this time round! Either that or I'm just feeling sorry for myself!! If you,fancy joining us on our September Facebook group drop me a private message with your real name and I'll send you the link!!it's WAAAY busier than here but a lot more personal! I realise that that won't appeL,to everyone but the offer is there should,you want to join! out of the girls on here 31 are in the fbook group with another 2 about to join!!! Susieg loved your wig tale!! My hairs rapidly on the way out, I've started wearing the wigs, do feel self conscious but no one seems to look twice, mind you I haven't lost it yet, think I would have died on the spot!!! either that or wet myself laughing depending on my mood!!!!!!! Julo looking forward to seeing you and scottyb over on the dark side lol I've sent you the link!! I'm gonna put up tomorrow's lucky chemo cocktail recipients, hope I've got everyone, if not please let me know, I'm having a bit of brain failure at the moment so if I'm wrong I do apologise!!!!!!

Naturegirl15. 8/10. #2
Pots14. WLE gde3 ANC 5/12 8/10. FEc-T #2
Austigirl/MX. 8/10 FEC-T. #2. Unknown
Lulu. 8/10. Head/ct scan maybe pet scan
Susie-g MX/ANC 8/12 gde3 HER2+. 8/10 FEC-T. #3
Guest user
Not applicable

Me again just wanted to say I wore my wig for the first time at the weekend, I was so self conscious and was sure that everyone knew, (have been wearing scarves) but went out with friends for a meal, I felt better as time went on and forgot about it, until I put my reading glasses on and catapulted the wig of backwards, instead of quietly picking it up and putting it back on, I had involuntarily yelped with horror so had everyone swinging round in their sits to see what was going on. If that wasn't bad enough I chucked it back on my head so fast it was upside down, with a mixture of laughter and pity my friend rearranged it for me, funny though I don't think I will be so embarrassed of wearing it next time, what could happen that's worse than that?

Just thought I would share this with the folks that know what its like to bald.  

Sue    

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

well I am up tomorrow for a retry, the infection has gone down but if its enough for me to receive  my poison I don't know, I think I may just lose it a bit if I have to postpone again, I don't know how many times they can postpone before you have to start again. I just want to get it over with, I think at this rate my hair will start to grow back,  or I will became a basket case with boredom.  

Sorry to see others are having a stay in hospital. Sending good wishes to others that are also up tomorrow, and this week, may all your side effects be little ones.  

Please keep fingers crossed for me, how mad is this? But I just want to get through it and tick it of my to do list, and start  my new "normal" life, as I'm sure it will never be the same.

Sue      

Guest user
Not applicable

FEC #1 day 11.
Hi all, I haven't been on here for a while so just thought if catch up with how everyone is doing. I hope that SE's for all are minimal. After a rough couple of days then major tiredness I'm now feeling great, even went for a run today! Not working is getting to be boring although on the plus side the house looks cleaner than it has done in a while! My next dose is on the 16th fingers crossed it won't be any worse than last time. I will get around to fb as it would be nice to put faces to names.
X
Cinderssarah

Hi Scotty glad you've had a good get away with your sister and hubby. I too am due for second dose on Friday and I blinking well hope its not as traumatic as the first (I wasn't as lucky as you). my too also came out big time on friday so much so I had it shaved off (not rocking the baldness though lol)
Sarah xx
itsacrazylife

thank you for the warm welcome,its much appreciated..  Really need words of wisdom from others in my position who know how i feel/what im going through right now.  I was wondering if anyone else here had experienced vein irritation after their FEC.  I didnt get it with my first FEC (although i had other side effects) but the second FEC has left me with vein irritation, which is going gradually.  Dr said just to keep it warm and apply ibuprofen gel if needed .  Any other suggestions welcome.  Thanks everyone

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ScottyB good to hear that you are having a bit of R&R and getting spoilt. PLease come over the the FB page as the support is amazing as well as the laughs!!

Also welcome to Itsacrazylife...We all find ourselves in a position that we don't want right now or ever but honestly the support of the ladies on the FB page keeps me going when i am feeling down or off par. 

Keep well both & good luck with treatments xxxxxx

ScottyB

Hi everyone and thanks for the warm welcome!! I am doing ok, since coming on here last week myself and Mr ScottyB have come down to London to visit my eldest sis who in return for our visit is spoiling me rotten!!! Think being away this week is doing me good as I'm not just thinking about Friday and second dose time! I haven't joined the fb group yet but will definitely do so. Hope everyone is getting on best they can. Only downside of my weekend is my hair has started to fall out Friday night was first night of the moulting and it's continued since I'm glad I took the decision before chemo to cut the majority of it off so it doesn't feel as bad as if I still had my really long hair. Everyone tells me I can rock the baldness so we will see how it goes!!!!!! Xx
itsacrazylife

Hi everyone, I'm new to the Forum. Just popping by for some support and inspiration...and to give some if needed!!

Naturegirl15

Hi Scotty am also due second dose of chemo Tomorrow. Also no breast cancer in family. hope you have found a good hobby. I have found boredom at being off work hard too, but now am making the most of it. Best to get out if you can. I am lucky that my Hubby works from home but that sometimes means he is out visiting people all day.
Are you on our FB page?
Naturegirl15

Hi pots, my 2nd chemo also tomorrow. Hope you make the most of today and SE not too bad after tomorrow.
Barbarella63

Morning stars! If my chemo brain serves me right ( and this is questionable!!) there is no one at chemo central today! Tomorrow how ever is a different story! Will post the list later! Hope everyone has managed to have a decent weekend....at least in part! Wishing thebatman and Lisabeth a speedy exit from chez NHS, they are in with neutropenia bless them! Doing fine and getting the treatment they need! Hope you manage to do something nice today those that are able! I'm feeling good again so must get out and make the most of it! Ill post the list up a bit later xxxxxxx
Lulu34

Just popping by to say hiya to everybody and check for newbies.

Xxx
Nikki49

Fec 2, Day 5
Sorry Pots was given duff info lol, we're all suffering chemo brain.
This time was much better than the first, I am now a true believer that the trick to get through, is copious amounts of water, before, during and after for several days after... At least 2 litres a day.
Have a great weekend superstars xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry Pots, misinformed by you know who! Have a great weekend. xx
Barbarella63

Doh it is my chemo brain clearly!!! I cannot update the list I am a fool!!!
elma55

Oops! Pots, already given you my excuse!  🙂 xx

Pots14

Oh Barbs - the thought of your cat has had me roaring with laughter!

2nd chemo not till the 8th, but thanks for all the good wishes. Have good weekend everyone,

Pots

frenchfancy

Good luck for tomorrow Pots. Hope any se's are little ones. Glad it sounds like you've cleared the air with the parents as well.
Come back safe & sound, let us know you're ok when you can xx
Nikki49

Good luck at the cocktail bar tomorrow Pots14, my second dose was so much better than the first. I'm now convinced it's the copious amounts of water I consumed post dunking that did the trick, try to drink at least 2 litres every 24 hrs over the following couple of days or so xx
Cinderssarah

Just popping in to send Pots14 good wishes for tomorrrow, hope you have a reasonable time 😄 xx
Jo43

Good luck Pots14 for tomorrow , hope your SE"s are kind to you over the coming day . xx

hawkie

Heaps of luck for tomorrow Pots xx

samjs

Good luck for tomorrow pots. xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Just want to wish Pots good luck tomorrow . Hope everything goes ok. Let us know how you are so we don't worry too much. So glad you got everything sorted out with your parents, one less thing on your mind. Take care, sending love to you xx