Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting chemo in September???

Nikki49

Re: Starting chemo in September???

Fec 2, Day 21
Good luck to today's dunkees, hope all goes well and the se's stay away xx

I've got mixed feelings about tomorrow's dunking, I'm dreading feeling poorly for a week but sooo looking forward to saying I'm halfway and Fec Off Fec. Just got the T se's to worry about, although I have been told there's little to no nausea 🙂 thank fec for that eh?

I'm not on this site much these days as prefer fb but I don't want to miss anybody so can the stars that do not use fb let me know who you are please.

The weather is absolutely pants on the coast of Hampshire today, which is a shame for my last day of freedom for a week 😞

Hope you all have a great day, take care xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Struggling a little with sleep patterns , tiredness, lethargy and fatigue at the moment and because of it am awake early today. Luckily other SE's seem to have escaped me so far. Just want to wish our ladies up at the bar today good luck. Hope the SE's are minimal this time round. Sending all Stars much love. Stay shining bright. xx
frenchfancy

Sounds like a bit of a nightmare with your picc line Pots which is not good. My district nurses are fab to be fair and no trouble with flushes. However, when they can to take bloods on Friday ready for my next chemo tomorrow, they couldn't get any of the red stuff at all. Ended up in the chemo ward where the nurse had to take from a vein (had to go hunting for it!!) in my hand. Apparently, they are able to move the picc line a little if they need to and they will try to remove it by a fraction tomorrow before drugs go in. They reckon it could be stuck to the vessel wall!! Hope to god no more problems as am not letting them take it out in case they can't get it back in! Hopefully yours will be fine now as well xx so pleased you have a wig now too. How does it feel? First did a little getting used to bug I've found the more I wear mine, it starts to feel much more natural. Do panic it will come off if too breezy outside but they are surprisingly well stuck down.

Lisabeth, I had a reaction to my dressing til but they seem to think it was the fluid that comes in a little 'click' dabbler thing do have changed me onto to iodine to sanitise/clean around entrance site. Think its a little better.

Hope everyone is getting on with se's or finding the best way to deal with them at least. Enjoy what's left if the weekend and see you on the other side of my dunking tomorrow xx
Barbarella63

Also Monday's victims are......

Meeeeeeee 😰
Frenchfancy
Samjs

Halfway for ff and me and no2 for the lovely Sam! May all our side effects be little ones xxxxx
Barbarella63

Morning laydees,

Pots glad you've got a wiggy, does wonders for our confidence I think! Just to look normal again is brilliant, I even fool myself into thinking there's nothing wrong!! Hope everyone is having a nice weekend, and those that are struggling with the dreaded side effects can at least be comfortable! I Ned to know when the following people are up for a hot date at the chemo bar........

Rachelr
Icle-v
Pots14.
Susie-g
Sarahsomething
Gold63
Seaview.
Geekell.
Ally51
Elma55
Julo.
hg12
KatePB.
Kraftireader.
Hawkie.gde3 HER2+
Scottyb.
Thebatman
Emmagie.
Cinderssarah

Hi Pots
Glad you've got your wig - they don't move in the wind honestly. Sorry that you've trouble with your Picc line - tell those district nurses you want an experienced one next time not the trainee. Have a good weekend
Sarah x
Pots14

Hi,

thanks for that - it's so reassuring to know picc probs have happened to someone else.

Got my wig sorted today - am so chuffed. Defintley needs the double-sided tape, but I feel like me. Can't stop smiling! Going to risk the coast this weekend if feel ok - hope it's not too windy.

Hope everyone has a good weekend

Pots

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Stars,
Awake early this morning so I thought I would send a quick message to wish all of you up at the bar today good luck. Hope everything goes well and you escape with minimum SE's. Remember the golden rule. Water!
I had a very lazy day yesterday. My final FEC had a very different effect on me this time. I had hardlly any energy yesterday and was very lethargic. Luckily no sickness but not much of an appetite either which is a first for me. Usually I can't stop eating! Looks like I might need a couple more sofa surfing days to recover this time. Going to try for a little more sleep now.
Love and hugs to all Stars wherever you are twinkling. xx
Guest user
Not applicable

I've got a picc line in. Had it since 23 sept. they leave about 3cm movement on it anyway in case it gets pulled. I had tegaderm dressing but it made it itch so have gone back to original dressing which I can't remember the name of !! First two weeks after insertion were quite uncomfortable but now don't notice it. Have to go to the hospital every week for it to be flushed as DN's locally don't do it but each time I can taste the saline which is vile. They then put through Hepsal which is an anti-coagulant to prevent any clots.
Lulu34

Sorry your having problems pots.... Iv got a hickman an it got a bit pulled getting its first dressing change but not been too bad since then, although still oozing slightly. Iv had the dressing changed 4 times and only had it put in on friday! What kind of dressing are they using mine is tegaderm pr iv 3000 but think i have some opsite dressings too tehy are clear so they can see the exit site for signs of infection and waterproof so i can still shower.

Mine is still sutured in place at the mo and stitches that secure it dont come out for another two weeks so hopefully will be well secure inside by then.... It has a little cuff which adheres to the tissue inside to stop it moving or falling out but in the meantime the stitches are quite tight.

Hope you dont have any more problems with it xxxx
Pots14

Hi all,

hope everyone's doing ok.

Has anyone had trouble with flushing their picc line ? District nurse couldn't do it  and ended up pulling it out slightly, so 2 hr round trip to hosp (am begining to hate that journey) for chest x-ray and chemo nurses to sort. Fortunatley all ok, but does make me nervous for next dressing change if it gets pulled again, might have to come out and start again.. last cycle was in hosptial so being flushed several times a day so wasn't an issue.

Anyone else had this?

Pots

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening Stars, well despite worrying about my bloods had final FEC today so officially halfway through. Yippee. Saw oncologist and have good and not so good news. The chemo has significantly reduced Damion, my uninvited interloper, but have been given my diagnosis now as triple negative. Staying strong and positive though. Feeling ok this evening. No SE's as yet but will be having an earlyish night.

Need to send good luck to the ladies up at the bar tomorrow. Hope you follow in my footsteps and avoid the SE's. You all know the rules on water, rest and meds. Fingers crossed for all of you.

Love and hugs to all you wonderful Stars. Without you things would be a lot different for me. xx
Guest user
Not applicable

My goodness what a list. Stars shining all around the UK tomorrow. Good luck everyone. Will be thinking of you xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Just a quick posting to wish all my fellow dunking buddies good luck for tomorrow. May all our SE's be non-existent! I will have reached my halfway point so I really hope my blood results are ok and I am not delayed. Love and hugs to all you brilliant shining Stars. xxx
Barbarella63

Just to let you know all stars dunked and safely home!! Tomorrow's list is HUGE....here it is xx

PTB/no details. 16/10 FEC-T. #3 Wrexham
Jackpot. 16/10 FEC-T.&scan result #3 l/pool
Julo. 16/10. #2
Maseo/WLE/ANC4/18gde1/ER/PR+HER2- 16/10 FEC-T. #3 Coventry
hg12/no details. 16/10 FEC-T. #3 No details
KatePB. 16/10. #3. Sheffield
Itsacrazylife 16/10. #3
Kraftireader. 16/10 #3
Bonnie8862/MX/ANC(14/16)gde3HER2+\ER/PR- 16&17/10 #1 Gatwick
Nikki49

Fec 2, Day 15
Good luck today to our star dunkees, hope all goes well and you stay clear of the dreaded se's. Remember to drink that water it's so important in my opinion, I can't believe how much better I felt this time around.
Also big congratulations to 2 of our dunkees today for reaching the halfway club whoop whoop xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Just a quick posting to wish all the Stars up for dunking today good luck. Hope you all get through with minimum SE's. You all know the rules by now so I shouldn't have to remind you, but here goes. Drink the water,you know it makes sense, and get plenty of rest. It seems to have served me well so far. I'm just psyching myself up for tomorrow when hopefully I will reach my halfway mark, bloods permitting which are being done this morning.
Love and hugs to all Stars whatever you are up to today. xx
frenchfancy

Fantastic news on bone scan results Maseo. Huge relief I'll bet!! Glad jinxy12 is back safe and well and I'm sure the water is sloshing through you as I type haha😀.
Quite a few up tomorrow, so nice to see some half way through and for 2nd timers at least you have better idea what to expect this time round. And Lulu, here's to starting again!
Hope all goes well for everyone xx

Myself, started to feel more like me again the last few days which is so good. Actually went for a drive yesterday, to see somewhere we might actually get a few days away at if all goes to plan with next dunking. 30mins away from home but it's like we're worlds away. Just what we need! Then out for dinner last night which was delicious. Feeling the effects of it today and realise may have overdone it slightly but spent the day doing very little today to compensate.

Hope all our other stars are doing ok, and se's are being kind to you xx
Barbarella63

Hi girls quick update Jinxy12 dunked today, backs ace and sound so all good!! Maeso bone scan results clear phew and the batman has had some genetic testing...results at a later date! In other news..I've had a flu jab and not feeling too clever after it tbh but I always feel pants when I have it with good immunity!! Temp is up but I'm hoping its gonna settle don't want to have to go to hospital I my good week ffs!!! Hope everyone is ok today. Tomorrow's unlucky chemo contestants are...

Ally51/no details. 15/10 no details. #3 Solihull
Tracey46/no details. 15//10 FEC-T. #3. Hertfordshire
Lisabeth. 15/10. #2.
Elma55/MX/ANC(12/15)gde3ER/PR/HER2- 15/10 FEC-T #2. Chichester
Lulu34/TBNC lung mets. 15/10&17th ganetesib #1. Edinburgh
Lulu34

I know FF its a funny old world when lung mets are GOOD news!

But yes i was pleased there was no brain mets and that the tumours hadnt grown massively since my last scan.

And yes full steam ahead for rampant runs central.... Hopefully wont be too bad with the pre treatment and double dose imodium! Knowing my luck ill end up constipated lol.

The OOs have a FB group too and iv just started a november newbies NNs thread so please come and offer your expert advice xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

So pleased for you Lulu. That's the news we like to hear !! x
frenchfancy

Lulu that's great news (if that's the right word to use!) slow / normal / minimal....all what you want hear. So next week (?) all systems go then I take it? Hope you've got something fabulous planned for the weekend. Enjoy xx

I think most of our cocktail gals have made it home safely and are resting up now. Hope the next couple of days are easy on you all. Caroline, will keep everything crossed that bloods go the way they need to for next week.

For all you other lovely stars, have fab weekends. Xx
Pots14

Lulu - super slow is what you want. Really please re results

Good luck for everyone up today esp. cinderssarah - hope you're ok

Pots

Lulu34

Results are good.... Brain scan is normal.

Pet scan showed only minimal changes in lung mets so must be super slow growing!

And got my hickman inserted without much problem.

Good luck dunkers!
frenchfancy

So there's the 'lucky' 7 of you up today!! That's got to be our busiest day yet girls. And even better, i notice some if you will now be half way through, woohoo!! Good luck with your results Lulu. And for anyone else up for bloods, tests or results hope all is as it should be! I shall be keeping my eyes open to make sure you all get back safely. Have a lovely day Stars xx
elma55

Good luck today to all Stars with dunkings, results and tests , etc. Hello Tracy, thanks for dropping by, will pop over to OO's and have a chat. The name thing is only a problem with full names. Hope everyone is having a good day in some way , take care all xx
Lulu34

Gosh friday is a popular day for chemo!

Hickman and results day for me.... So looks like we are all gonna busy wee bees and the staries are gonna be a bit quiet.

Today was my last day at work for a few weeks so might be able to catch up better with all the posts here and on fb after the weekend. Xx
hawkie

itsacrazylife, I was given the option of going back for the injection, getting a district nurse to do it or doing it myself so I went for doing it myself, it was fine, nothing to worry about.  j X

Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck to all the Stars up at the bar tomorrow. Remember the golden rule. WATER!!! Hope everything goes well. Love and hugs to all the Stars wherever you are twinkling. xx
Barbarella63

Addition to the list for tomorrow...Geekell is also up....sorry my lovely now could I forget,you xxxx
Guest user
Not applicable

FECs 3 day 2
My best wishes are sent to all the ladies having chemo tomorrow. Jo Nikki and Geraldene I hope you have a easy time with minimal S/E .
Barbarella63

Sarahsomething hope your chemo date went well today and you're feeling ok! Let us know if you can!! I'm pleased to report that Bonielle is back safe and sound after her first one! There Re a lot of people up tomorrow..namely

Cinderssarah/WLE/ANC(1/16)gde2ER+
Gold63/MX.
Jo43/WLE/ANC(2/20).
Pips64/WLE ER/PR/HER2-
Seaview.
Scottyb.

Good luck girls!

Hi Tracy you may have noticed that the threads have dropped off a bit on here, it's because we've all decamped to Facebook and don't post on here quite so often! But if you want to know anything then please ask and we will do our best to help. Everyone is different of course and the range if side effects are different in each individual so one persons bad experience may not be another's!., xxxxx
The

Hi guys I'm from October Optimists we are using our names no prob!

I love to check in with you guys and read your posts as you are where we will be so its good to know how you all are doing. Please pop in any time to the OO's and provide us with knowledge and tips to help us on our way. Thank you Tracy xxx
itsacrazylife

thanks elma, I was probably so eager to get registered that i didnt read the small print...which is a bit silly. Best wishes to everyone xx
itsacrazylife

oh thank you Barbarella, im gona go FB now x
elma55

Hi itsacrazylife, yeah I remember reading when I registered that we shouldn't disclose our true identities for privacy and security - that will be why the moderator removed your name xx

Barbarella63

You're in xxxx
itsacrazylife

hey lulu34 thank you for that. I really dont mind people knowing my name, public arena or not, but if it's not allowed then hey ho! I dont think they have deleted my posts, just scribbled out my name...lol. Never mind, im still trying to find my way around these sites...im learning every day!
Lulu34

Itsacarazy life if you dont put your last name but just sign yiur first name under your posts then we might be able to figure you out... Ir send a om as the moderators keep deleting your posts... Which is kinda annoying as some people dont actually mind posting there name it woukd be more appropriate for the moderators to remind people that its a public forum and anybody can see their name.... And it would also be more useful if we posted something that we could actually edit it later... I hate reading all my typos! Lol
itsacrazylife

HI elma. I have requested to join the FB page so hopefully i wil be added soon. Are we not 'allowed' to let people know our real names on this forum?? I have put my name down a couple of times and it has been removed by the moderator (whoever that is). Thank you for letting me know how to send a private message too, that was really useful. Have a great day x
itsacrazylife

hey hawkie...thank you so much for your reply.  Stories like yours really help to put things into perspective.  Do you have to inject yourself after each T session?? I too had teenage acne spots lol (1st round of FEC)l... doc said it was foliculitis and gave me antibiotics which did the trick..  The bugs and stuff that generally live happily on our skin when we're well (and blessed with an immune system) take advantage of the fact that our bodies cannot fight infection.  One thing I have learned through this journey so far is that you gota keep your PMA and sense of humoour.  I sound a little bit like yourself.  I like to keep going and do as many 'normal' things as possible, hate being off my feet and feeling rubbish.  We're all strong women to be facing and fighting the way we do!  Hope you have a great day, whatever you're doing x

itsacrazylife

Hi there, my name is edited by moderator and i did request to join the fb page but got no reply.  Would love it if you agreed to let me join.  Thank you x

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks for your good wishes I am back home feeling fine and resting xx
Pots14

#2 day 2

Hi everyone,

Got 2nd dunking, but the old neutrophils are still not normal so having double the bone marrow boosters and taking temp regularly. Didn't check in yesterday 'cos felt really queasy and then wasted all my lunch! Know it's only day 2, but is already completely different to first treatment;  not worse or better just different, haven't got the headaches so far, but sickie all morning, but don't feel too bad at all now.

It'sacrazylife - from all accounts the facebook page is brilliant. I found the new forum tricky at first (me being a bit thick), but have found it a brilliant support. Totally agree with Lulu - we all seem to have such different side effects all we can do is be as prepared as possible and hope we get through as best we can. From my knowledge (and this is only with fec-t) if the fec is tough, t is easier and vice versa, but who knows

HG12 - hospitlalised both times what a bugger! Hope you don't make it a triple after the 16th, at least you'll be over the half way point.

Cindressarah - am so sorry you had such a  tough time with the 1st you're thinking of not haveing your 2nd one. All I can say is hope you can talk honestly to your oncologist about how you feel and the side effects you had, then they should be able to do some tweaking so it's better for you next time round. Know it's really tough and hopefully you'll feel a bit stonger and more postivie come friday and make whatever the right decision is for you. Hugs.

Emmagi - what are the cold gloves / feet covers for - hairy feet??????

Geelell - sorry haven't said hello, must have missed you before, but a belated welcome.

and hi to funki - good luck with the scarf creations. i'm finding myself dress in a much trendier way than normal (never wear hats or anything like that normally) - just got to find a way to boost the old confidence. What does Gok Wan say? Look good, feel good - actually I've no idea whether he's ever said anything of the sort, but he should!

Lisbeth really feel for you - I was climbing the walls after 5 days. Hope Barbs is right and you do get out today

Thebatman - if you're still in there thinking of you loads, hope you get out soon.

Am completely confused if anyone's  up for today - if you are good luck. Hope my fellow dunkees from yesterday are doing ok and sorry that my posts always seem to be so long.

Bye for now,

Pots

elma55

Hi emmagi – I didn’t do the cold cap and I haven’t heard anything about the cold glove treatment so maybe it’s not available in the UK yet.  I’m FEC 1 Day 16 and my scalp is starting to itch, am also losing quite a few strands of hair after each wash – I’m expecting it to start falling in clumps at the weekend but as it’s very thick I may hang on to it for a bit longer.  The timescale does seem to vary a lot so maybe it’s an individual thing. 

Itsacrazylife – I find it really difficult working my way round the forum too! There are quite a few September Stars from the West Midlands area.  I’m still in the FEC zone but one or two Stars are on Taxotere, I’m sure they’ll be along shortly to chat with you about it.  By the way, have you sent a request to join our Facebook group? If so just send a private message to Barbarella 63 (easiest way is to click on Barbarella’s name at the top of one of her posts, then on the right hand side, it should give you the option to click and send her a private message)  with your forum ID name and your real name, that way she’ll know who you are!

Funki, good luck today with your next round of TAC, hope they give you something to better control the side effects this time.  Wigs take some getting used to don’t they?  There are some Stars who actually prefer their wigs to their own hair, so give it time, and remember it’s not for long, it will grow back.

What a relief suzzie-g, shame about the se’s but as you say 2 down, only 4 to go.  It is amazing how quickly each cycle comes around, not much time to catch your breath that’s for sure!

Pots, how are you getting on after yesterday's cocktail?  Hope all's well with everyone!  xx

hawkie

Its a crazy life, Ive had tax, one done 5 to go and havent been too bad on it.  No sickness which was a big plus for me, few days of pain in bones but warm baths and painkillers fixed that, I had a couple of days where I was literally wiped out and coupldnt be bothered to move, didnt particulalrly feel unwell just lay down and couldnt do anything if that makes sense. That made me cross cos I like to keep gpoing as normal and had been up to that point quite happily, so next time Ill make sure I plan to rest up those couple of days but have something productive lined up like online christmas shopping, that way I feel like I am more in control rather than it controlling me, thats my logic anyway 😉  

Ive had a rotten taste in my mouth for over a week and oral thrush but that cleared with medicine and hopoefully Ill catch that earlier if it comes back next time.  Nasty case of spots too whichj I am about to get checked out, look like a teenager lol but other than that its not been too bad so like lulu says everyone is different.  My friend had tax too and was about the same as I have been and she did say she retained a covering of hair on her head at all times.  Mine is probably coming off tonight which is day 13 cos its on the move but itching like mad so I figure Im just going to clipper it off on my terms!  

LIke Lulu says try not to worry about it until you are there as it may be you are fine.  

J xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

Yes it went ahead and I had my second FEC yesterday, feeling really spaced out and unable to sleep, quite sick yesterday but just so pleased to say 2 down leaving me 4 to go. And still on track to finish on new years eve,  being really positive, as I want to put this part of my treatment behind me as so grueling.

Keep your chins up everyone, we can do this!!!

Sue

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Stars, hope everyone is doing ok. Just want to wish Avonloady good luck today. Take it easy when you get home and, here we go again, don't forget the water! Love and hugs to all. xxx
Barbarella63

Morning all! hope pots ok as not heard from you since your chemo date!! Fingers crossed you are at home!! Just to update people Lisabeth is feeling much better and hoping to come home today! thebatman is also still in but feeling better but her temp is still up! hopefully they will let her out today!! Avonlady up today for number 3 half way yay!! Lulu having. Ore tests, good luck lass 😄 there is a request that's come through to the Facebook group, I don't know who it is on here, I'm wondering if it's you itsacrazylife can you ( or whoever it is message me your real name so I know then I'll let you in!!! Xxxxxx
Lulu34

Hi itsacrazylife

I wouldnt be taking any additional meds without consulting your oncologist, even over the counter or things like vitamins or st johns wort as they can affect your treatment.

As for tax i had an awful time...... But i know loads of folk who breezed through it... A lot of them said it was way easier than FEC.... We are all so different.... Dont make your mind up on what its going to be like before you get it.....

Its harsher in some ways and milder in others... Eg your hair tends to start growing back and it doesnt make you sick.... For a lot of people those are the worst SEs so they find it much better.

But for others it can really batter the immune system and make them quite poorly but you wont know how it affects you until you are on it.

Best of luck