ScottyB

Re: Starting chemo in September???

Guest user
Not applicable

Happy new year to all you lovely ladies
elma55

Good luck Cinders,Maseo, Gold, and Geekell for tomorrow's dunking. Hope any se's are minimal. Hope everyone else is doing ok and settling into 2014, here's hoping for better times for us all xx
elma55

Good luck Pots and Beam for today's dunking..last one for both of you, must be such a good feeling..also Hazey, you're almost there gal! Happy New Year to everyone xx
frenchfancy

Hoping all goes well with your final one, Pots and you don't have the same problems as last time. Reading your last post and feel so sad to know our lack of postings have had this effect for you but can understand where you're coming from. This site is & has been invaluable and without it the Stars would not exist. I also respect your choice if you decide not to join us on FB but I can only echo what the others have said, there is definitely the ongoing support needed to get us through & out the other side of this and hopefully you may feel you can give it a try. However, if you find that this site is the only way to go, I can only hope the continued advice from other users/forums will be able to offer you all the advice & support you need to help you through the remainder of your journey.

Again, the very best of luck for your final dunking and hoping that 2014 brings you all the success and spirit you need to fight this horrid disease xx
Barbarella63

Good luck tomorrow Pots on your last one!! xxxxxxx
Barbarella63

Pots just noticed your last one is New Year's Eve...doh chemo brain...will update the list incase you change your mind and continue to post
Barbarella63

Sorry you've been in hospital pots that's a toughie!! Hope you are able to enjoy Christmas!! You've only got one more to go you can dot it!!!! When is your last one? Xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Wishing my sisters a Happy Christmas
hawkie

Hi Pots

Sorry too hear this one was a rubbish one, nearly there though!  Sorry Im not on here too much, I find facebook much easier and its more annonymous too, hopefully you will come and give it a try as most of us still have a long way to go on this journey and will be around for a good long while.  I hope you have the best christmas and new year possible, take care, Hawkie xx

Jackpot

Hi pots
Sorry you've not been well...
We would all love it if you joined us on the Facebook page...you could always leave it again if it wasnt what you wanted, but you should give it a chance... the support will always be there for you as well as a few laughs and a few rants....hope you have a lovely Xmas
Take care x
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Pots, I'm sorry to hear that you've had a rough time, especially so near to Christmas. Just one more to go though, so nearly there and fingers crossed this one goes a lot better. I know you haven't been keen to join us on fb in the past, but I can't praise it enough for the support I have found with the group, so hope maybe you'll give it a try? You can maintain anonymity and don't have to post photos, if you prefer not to. Anyway, I hope you are feeling better now and wish you a very happy Christmas, and all good things for 2014, surely a better year for us all!
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Pots 

Glad you are nearing the end of the chemo, have you considered coming to the FB page to join us ? Constant support even after chemo has finished and we are all here to help after as well as during.   Good luck with the final Chemo, its a harsh ride but your'e nearly there x   Have a merry christmas, hope its a good one xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry you have had a bad time Pots. Please come join us on facebook. I had never been on facebook & just joined because of the stars. Its much easier on there & there is always someone there to help you when you are feeling down. Please please come join us, we are all sisters that are going through this hell together. xx

Nikki49

FEC done, T#2 Day 20

Hi Pots,

Yes I think everyone is now on Facebook, it's much easier to use than this site, come join us.

Sorry you've been in hospital, that's just rotten luck

I'm due my last tax Christmas Eve, the steroid tail was brilliant 🙂
If it hadn't of been for the rotten mouth I might have thought I'd had a placebo, so if you suffered from aches and pains then definitely recommend you ask your team about it.

Hope you a lovely Christmas and wish you all the best for 2014
xx
Pots14

fec -t #5 day 13

Hi,

looks like everyone has deserted to the facebook page! I had a grotty time with this cycle - infection and neutropenic sepsis again so back in hospital for a few days. Now on the mend and relieved that have only 1 more to go on New Yrs Eve! Roll on 2014................

I probably won't post on this thread anymore, but I wanted to thank you all because I've found your support invaluable.

I wish all the Sept Stars  the best Xmas and New Year they can have. 

Pots

Jackpot

Good luck today pots
elma55

Good luck Austgirl and Pots for tomorrow, another one down! xx
hawkie

Good luck Pots xxx

Nikki49

Just popped on quick to say good luck for tomorrow Pots, hope all goes well and se's are minimal x
Nikki49

Fec done, Tax2 Day7

Great excitement, I think I've cracked the se's of the tax truck.

1st tax From Day4, I felt like I'd been hit by a truck for 4/5 days every bone & muscle in my body ached I was living on a paracetamol & ibuprofen mix, I even had an alarm set so that I didn't let the painkillers run out, not that I think they did much good to be honest, I also used hot water bottles, and wheat hotties on the really hurty bits, it was bloomin miserable.

Prior to next poisoning I complained to my onc how awful it had been, I didn't want a reduction after all I want this cancer gone that's why I'm putting myself through this but I did want better painkillers, the answer....... more steroids, hard to believe but it works as follows:-

When doing Tax you usually take 4 steroids (Dexamethasone 2mg), twice a day at breakfast & lunch starting the day before chemo, day of and the day after.

Now here's the clever bit my onc called it a 'steroid tail'
You do the usual as above then rather than just stopping you take 2 steroids once a day for 3 days, then 1 steroid once a day for 3 days.

I am now Day 7 and have only taken 2 paracetamol in total 🙂

My final dose of chemo is Tax on Christmas Eve but thankfully I am no longer scared of my Christmas being ruined.

Hi pots, hope you're doing ok. With regard to hair, I clipped mine to a grade 3 when it first started to fall out & haven't touched it since, I have been left with a very sparse covering of brown hairs which I just couldn't bare to shave off. Yesterday morning I noticed I have a full covering of very very short white downy type hair hopefully it's on it's way back & not gonna all drop out again after last tax... Ho hum nearly there.

Take care all xx
Barbarella63

Yup I'm in the growing camp too, very sparse but definitely on the way back! Whoo hoo
hawkie

Hi Pots

I shaved my hair once it started to fall out but its slowly grown throughout tax (currently tax 4 day 10) and according to my OH its the usual colour xx
Pots14

Hi,

good luck for those up at the bar today.

Had a bit of a panic this morning 'cos my hair is definitely starting to come back (2 more tax to go) - starting thinking chemo wasn't working, but have checked on other postings and now feel calmer. Very commom apparently - means I have strong hair follicles! How're the rest of you doing on the hair front?

Pots

Barbarella63

Tomorrow's happy band at the toxic cocktail are

Hazey85 first tax
HG12 #5
Itsacrazylife #5
Beam67 #5

Good luck girlies xxxxx
Cinderssarah

Omnishambles you should be able to find us now the group has been changed to closed until you're in then it will revert to secret 😄  xx

michy1612

Hi omnishambles I too am one of the sep stars I joined a little later too and the girls on fb have made me really welcome and u have such a laugh.Im the same age as you also stage 3 lymph node positive although I am doing neoadjuvant chemo before surgery had my 2nd tax yesterday just waiting for se's to kick in!.Nice to meet u xx
Barbarella63

Today's victims at the chemo bar are blue topaz and Nikki49 good luck girls for number 5 whoo hoo
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi again all, thanks fhe welcome.

Shall get my arse in gear and sort the facebook stuff in a bit.  Pains have pretty much gone now, got a furry mouth which is delightful, but am still eating a heroic amount of comfort food so obviously can't be too bad.

Barbarella63

Hi omnishambles really glad you have got the courage up to finally post on here, you will find loads of support on the Facebook group it's very full on so just be aware, we also have a laugh and talk a lot of drivel lol send one of us a message with your real name then we will send you the link so you can join us. You won't find the group as it's secret but we will unlock it for you once we know who you are! pots glad your side effects have been bearable! I too have got off fairly lightly compared to some! had a terrible carpet mouth and very a hey bones and a permanent headache for a week and a racing heart but I had a good third week when I felt normal again!!! Only one more to go thank god!!!!!
hawkie

Glad you are doing OK Pots

Omnishambles I have sent you a PM re the facebook page so if you send your name over we will keep an eye out.

Pots14

#4 day13

Hi - sorry you've been having a painful time with tax Nikki and omnishambles.. I'm still counting my chickens - little achy, and the odd joint pain, but nothing I couldn't ignore and my energy hasn't been zapped lke the 3rd fec which I found dreadful. I figure if I was going to get the joint probs it would have happened by now. Next one's due 10th Dec.

Here's hoping the next one won't be so bad for you both. Me, I'm taking every day as it comes and looking forward to the end of this part of the treatment.

Love to you all,

Pots

Nikki49

Fec done, Tax 1 day 21
Good morning Omni,
I just wanted to let you know that some of the stars have spotted you, we're just trying to find someone in the group that is tech savvy to get you joined up.
You'll love the fb group, it's totally hidden & secret and you can alway find someone to chat to.
I'm off for a blood test this morning & on the dreaded steroids now ready for tomorrow's poisoning, look on the bright side though only one more to go after tomorrow 🙂
Take care x
Lucy_BCC

Good morning Omnishambles and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support here please feel free to call our helpliners for practical and emotional support on 0808 800 6000, lines open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2

You may find this link to our 'Younger women' page useful, here you will find lots of information and further support ideas such as our 'Younger women's forums' and 'One to one' support:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/younger-women

Take care
Lucy BCC

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all (very very early morning admittedly)

I started chemo in September, have wiled away many sleepless hours reading this thread with you wonderful lot but never posted before.

Am 38, have grade 3 TNBC lymph node positive, but no nasty mets spotted. Had lumpectomy and WLE in August, all healed nicely apart from little cording and general wonkiness.

Am on FEC-T: three FEC done and dusted (only SE a bit of tiredness really); first T last Wed, felt bit odd but generally ok on Thursday, but then Friday EVERYTHING HURT!!! Including my earlobes, I didn't think they COULD hurt ?!?  

Blimey. I'm normally a tough old bird but this knocked me sideways. Next T due for 18 Dec so am hoping SEs bigger off in time for Christmas Day.

Am on FB, can I just check how I join your group please - a pm to someone here is it? What info do you need? 

Thanks all, it's fab that you all share so much. I've taken huge comfort from your experiences and openness from afar.

Nikki49

Re: September Stars 2013

Fec done, Tax 1 Day 9
Well the tax truck hit me day 4 and continued to hit me daily until today, I've never been in a car crash but I imagine that's how it would feel, every bone in my body hurt. I found the best thing was to not let the painkillers run out I took paracetamol & ibuprofen alternating them every 2 hours during waking hours. My electric blanket has been a god send, as were my hot water bottle & wheat hotties. I have been hearing some rumours that first tax is the worst, so hoping that is true

Pots14

# 4 day 2

maybe counting my chickens too soon, but tax much better than fec so far. Feel a bit sluggish in the head, but not stopping me doing anything today and feel very positve. Hope my fellow dunkees doing ok.

10 lots of GCSF starting today - can see light at the end of the tunnel!

Love to you all,

Pots

elma55

Love and luck ladies xx
hawkie

Lots of luck to everyone xx

Nikki49

Good luck for tomorrow girls xxx
Barbarella63

So next up tomorrow at chemo Central is

Austigirl
Lulu34
Nature girl
Pots14

Good luck ladies hope it goes well for you xxxxxxx
Nikki49

Glad you're feeling better today Pots, do you switch to Tax next time? I have been driving everyday since having Tax, in fact if it had been my car i could have driven home after chemo perfectly well. So far I am definitely preferring Tax to Fec
Take care xx
Pots14

#3 day 17

Ooh the thought of coffee - tried a couple of times, but it tastes horrid. Feeling better and stronger every day now. Feel safe enough to drive today. OH has and is being great, but looks exhausted. Can't wait for energy to come back so I can be more useful.

If anyone tries the go cake bread and butter pud - it's nice hot with vanilla ice cream.

Good luck to all of you who're going through it now

Pots

Nikki49

FEC done, TAX day 3
Good morning all, although I've posted to fb thought I'd update those not on fb and those popping on from other threads. I know I often look at earlier threads to find out what I'm in for lol

Well so far so good, absolutely no nausea 🙂 T was much quicker to administer than the dreaded FEC and thankfully no nasty reactions, guess all those steroids did their job.

Day 2 was very surreal I can honestly say it's the best I've felt any day since starting chemo, I began to wonder if I'd been given a placebo! My mum popped round in the afternoon to give me my injection, luckily I only have to have the one, 24 hrs after chemo.

Today I have woken up a bit achy like I've slept awkwardly, shoulders, upper & lower back, hips, knees and shins - temperature is fine so have taken a couple of paracetamol, if that doesn't work will pop a couple of ibuprofen in a couple of hours.
Tastebuds are still ok so am able to enjoy my morning coffee at the moment.
Xx
Barbarella63

Next up tomorrow and flying solo on her last FEC is the lovely Hazey85 GOOD LUCK CHICK xxxxx
Barbarella63

Hi girls, first tax not too taxing so far - I'm sure I will regret that comment in the next few days lol but so far feeling ok, managed to do the ironing, make a coq au vin and have a poo without the aid of a pill so feeling GOOD!m best thing of all - no sickness!! Yay yay yay!!
Nikki49

FEC done, TAX Day
Managed to sleep last night dispite all the steroids I took yesterday, I'm only awake this early cause my dog wanted to go check out the garden. I'm a bit apprehensive about today think it's fear of the unknown, however I think I would be more worried if it was Fec cause I felt so sick on it the first 2 cycles, cycle 3 was better but suffered from horrific oral thrush and fatigue would still rather suffer that than nausea. So in a way for me each Fec got easier.
Pots my Mum made the go cake for me but I think she overcooked it, I might have a go myself that's of course if I don't suffer from the tax trots! it's a shame you're not on FB we have such a laugh, how about just making yourself a new account on FB just for chatting with us, not trying to pressurise you it's just I feel you're missing out on a lot of fun and support.
Take care all xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Just popped on to wish all the Dunkers best wishes hope it all goes smoothly
Barbarella63

Ho pots, I've just had my first Tax, took 4 steroids yesterday brekkie and four at lunch same today, tax went in ok with no reactions thank goodness. Just playing the waiting game now to see what happens next...not looking forward to the aches and pains and praying I don't get the thrush but we will see. French fancy also up today and also michy1612 unfortunately Samjs was supposed to be joining us but she wasn't well and has an infection I her line so she has slipped to next week. Lulu has also got a gum infection so she too has a weeks grace!!! So that leaves tomorrow's lucky peeps at the bar.......

Blue topaz #3
Beam67 #4
Nikki49 #4

Good luck girls
NetteW

Hi Pots, sorry to say fatigue days 4 to 7 amazing. Just stayed in bed as could barely walk. But built up day by day from then. All the books say to excersise through chemo. It is meant to make chemo more effective and helps you to cope. I have tried to walk every day, except 4 to 7.
Meltdowns seem to be more common in T but I did feel better after the major meltdowns.
Good luck to all September's babes going into T it will be over before you know it.
Nette x