cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting chemo on Monday 3 FEC 3 Taxotere

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Starting chemo on Monday 3 FEC 3 Taxotere

Hope everyone is good today. Hi Kells, nice to hear from you.

Am back to feeling nervous but going to have a bath and chill out tonight, drink is not my friend at the moment, probably a good thing.

It must hard waiting, how about some retail therapy this week? I have bought loads of new things, comfy clothes and things I might need. Was a good distraction.

Love Jayne xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone

Pleased to hear you're feeling ok teresa!!...:)

Jayne..enjoy your wine and lost!!

Hi kells, welcome to the site...lots of good advice and info on here, got my mum coming too...lots of lovely cooked teas (that i dont have to make!!!) hopefully il be ok to enjoy them.
ive been waiting awhile for my chemo to, but they said wanted to make sure wound healed from MX before they started...the waiting is awful tho... definately sooner started...sooner finished!!!

take care love Tracey xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone this is my first post. I wish everyone the best for their chemo. I start mine on the 2nd of March like you Tracey. To be honest I thought it was going to be sooner and the waiting around is driving me crazy. I just want to get it started, the sooner I start the sooner it's over. I'm going to give the cold cap a shot. I figure if it's horrible I don't have to do it again. The forums have been fantastic for tips and tricks. I have sherbert lemons and pineapple stocked up. Got my mum comming up to look after me, she's a star. Good luck everyone.

Kells

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Teresa,

That sounds like great fun thanks for the invite, am going to squirrel myself away for the moment though. That is a great idea though something to look forward to.

Not up to much really nice bottle of wine and lost, very good this series but have no idea what is going on!

Glad your not too bad have thought about you many times over the last few days.

Have a good night

Love Jayne xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi no not really, Im busy organising a Holiday in Spain at the moment for ladies from this forum! I worked in a great hotel out her for 2 years and they have gave us a great special rate for a weeks holiday for all us BC Girlies, should be fab!

Theres still some places left if your interested in joining us, or any other of you lovely ladies, check out my thread

Fancy A Week In Spain Anyone Welcome?????

10 Feb 2010 00:29 with 45 comments
Last post by muffett at 20 Feb 2010 15:26
Go to page 1 2 3 4

Theres a fare few of us going all ages, I think it will be great, but it has taken some organising!

Not feeling too bad although terrible back ache, dry mouth, but apart from that all ok.

How about you upto anything nice?

Love Teresa xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

That's good you must be glad to get one out of the way without being too bad. Have you tried any alternative threapies? I am going to doo hypnosis and if i can maybe a few massages. Are you up to anything nice this weekend, or got any good films in?

xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jayne,
When I arrived for my chemo they gave me an emend, straight away, then the rest to take home, hopefully they will do the same for you,

glad to hear your a little more relaxed, im ok a little achey but thats to be expected.

Take care love Teresa xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everybody

Been out in the garden it's great therapy and looks like spring is on the way!!

Teresa glad you were feeling better last night hope you are still good.

Am wanting to just get on with it now. Funny how it all seems to come in waves, the way you feel.

That will give you some time in the morning Lis, to chill out and get yourself together, I will be thinking of you.

Thanks for the tip on Emend Whitey will ask them about that. What are you all doing about water? Is bottled water ok and do we have to boil tap water and keep it in the fridge?

Love Jayne xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi - I have just had my third FEC which has gone fine. I was really ill and sick on the first one, and took a product called Emend before the second which took away all sickness and nausea for me. It is worth asking for if you find you are suffering badly.

Good luck to you all....

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi finty, thanks for the tip..will definately ask about taking tablet, anything that helps..lol

Hi lala, think being scared before we start chemo is a common thing with everyone, i start mine on 2nd march..10am !!
love Tracey xx

Hi everyone I am starting chemo week beginning 1st march (not got the exact date yet) Its good to hear the positive comments you are all making on side effects. I am going to try the cold cap if I can stand the cold! I am terrified at the thought of chemo so I will keep reading your thread to keep me calm. thank you Lala x

Lucy - good luck with the cold cap. I still have about 90% of my hair after 3 x FEC, I cut my hair very short (less than an inch) and I'm pretty sure that is why it has worked so well. Make sure the cap is touching everywhere - a lot of poeple lose hair on top becasue it wasn't in close enough contact. Also, ask your nurse if you can take a headache pill before staring chemo, as helps to tolerate the cold.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi, everyone.
Have been feeling very tetchy today, OH at home under my feet though and I am trying to get caught up with washing and ironing - he decides to take the washing machine apart!!!. This evening had a call from chemo nurse - can they put back my appt to the afternoon as they have 9 patients booked in at 8.30 and only 4 nurses and would i be kind enough to alter my appt, of course i did as i don't really want to go anyway.
Good to know you are feeling better Teresa.
Hope everyone keep well.

Liz xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jayne, Wow feeling much better tonight, A bit of a rough ride but fine now, seem to be back to normal, well as my OH says as normal as you will ever be, On a positive note ivé a lovely glow in my cheeks which I have not had in ages....

Thanks, and Jayne i´m sure you will be fine on Monday, everyone was so nice, when I arrived we got our seats placed then all went of for Breakfast inc our Onc!

You get breaks in between the drips, or at least this is how it was done at my hospital, the staff were fab, they really do put you at ease.

try not too get too anxious, I know I did but I certainly won´t be on my next session.

Take care Love Teresa xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everybody,

It's good to hear from you all. Teresa that sounds a bit rough I hope you feel better now. Do you have supportive people around and someone to to help out? Sending you lots of love.

Hi Lis, I am getting scared too, will be glad when it's done and I have an idea how i will be. I wish there was an easy way to stop worrying. Got a wig today and some bits and pieces have you all seen the thread on things to help through chemo, it's really handy.

Hope to hear from you all soon and we all have a relaxing happy weekend.

Love Jayne xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Teresa,

Pleased you're doing ok!!..well sort of..lol, was thinking about you, enjoy your film and take care
Love Tracey xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jayne, and all you other ladies about to start your chemo, Well im not too bad today, I woke at 2am with stomach cramps, vomoited at 5.30 ish cramps then eased went back to bed at 7am, so not really a good start,

Still feel drunk, my head very woozy i have walked into my fridge 3 times this morning!

Dry mouth, sore lip, gone of my tea, But all in all not too bad, resting now and have a good film to watch later.

Take care all, Love Teresa xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Liz

Im also having 6 FEC, starting week after you on 2nd march so will be looking out for your posts on how you're doing!!
Ive got a couple scarfs etc to..but giving the coldcap a try...just in case cuz ive thick hair so told it might stand a chance and just thin a little...if it starts to fall out after first cycle then il abandone idea...no point in suffering freezing cold for 3hours for nothing!!...lol
You and jayne will be starting same day...il be thinking of you both!!
Take care Tracey xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jayne,
I start my chemo on monday at 8.30am, getting nervous. I am having 6 FEC. Have already got wig and scarves. Hope everything goes ok for you.
Liz xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks flora its good to hear others experiences, yes a long journey we're beginning..but TRYING to think positive!! hope things continue positive for you xx

Hi jayne, kind of dreading the haircut...silly i know..but i like my hair!! have bought a couple hats and scarfs ready.. put a towelling turban on today..thought it might be good for keeping my head warm at night...nearly gave my dog a heart attack, never seen her run so fast from the room!!! lol

Tracey xx

Guest user
Not applicable

My e-mail disapeared there!

Hi Renee you have had so much I hope things go well for you.

The threads on here are really good it is nice having a community of people to turn to. I got my hair chopped today Tracey, was a bit odd but some friends came with me which was lovely, people can be so thoughtful.

Flora that is really great I suppose everyone is different and it's good to hear not evryone has a bad reaction with FEC. Thanks for that.

I hope you all have a good nights sleep

Love Jayne xxx

Hello
At my hospital, the anti-sickness was a tablet (ondansetron) given just before they give the chemo itself. I was given another tablet to take the next day, and then a different kind to have 'as and when' if needed.

I was not nauseous or sick AT ALL, so it isn't a side effect that gets to everyone. However, the anti-sickness medication can easily make you constipated so prepare ahead and take some lactulose or Movicol on the day before and day of chemo and keep taking it for a couple of days afterwards.

Just want to reassure you that there are quite a few of us out here who haven't found FEC to be difficult at all. I was expecting lots of time off work after my first one... caused a lot of surprise when I turned up to work on the Monday after getting my chemo on the Friday, having spent the whole weekend with friends and cleaning/shopping as much as usual! The steroids will give you lots of energy!

I've done 4 x FEC and 2 x Taxotere so far, and have found this latest 2nd Taxotere not too bad either. Of the lot of them, I have only had 3 days off sick from work (not including the day they give the chemo and various other hospital appointment days).

Good luck to everyone who is just starting out, you will get there xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Jayne,
Yes its good to talk to others going through the same, makes it feel less lonely!! and reading some threads certainly puts a smile on my face 🙂
Take care Tracey xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Gosh Renee sounds like you've certainly been through it!!! my thoughts are with you xx
Im going to give the cold cap a try..but like you im a bit of a wimp, getting my hair cut short this weekend in preperation!!.. ive got long thick hair so gonna be strange...not had short hair since i was about 15 !!!!..lol
Take care Tracey xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Teresa,

Glad your home and it went not too bad hope your feeling ok in the morning. Lots of love xxx

Tracey nice to hear from you. I know it is horrible just waiting but soon we will all be underway. Do keep in touch it is nice to know there are other people going through it as well and none of us are alone.

Speak soon xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Teresa,

Glad your home and it went not too bad hope your feeling ok in the morning. Lots of love xxx

Tracey nice to hear from you. I know it is horrible just waiting but soon we will all be underway. Do keep in touch it is nice to know there are other people going through it as well and none of us are alone.

Speak soon xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jayne and everyone else,
I started my chemo on tues but on a trial, i am on docataxol to first see what happens,I have a lot of problems 4 times dx this is 3rd chemo, had to take steroids day before, day of treatment and day after, with even more steroids during chemo, and they really make me hyper but washed out. I was told to take the anti-sickness 2 types, a stronger one morn and night and 2 twice a day in the middle of the day, if you know what i mean, i usually am not good at taking pills but decided this time to take them all and although i feel tired and restless and generally out of sorts, i am managing it, although i am now starting to get the funny hands thing that they talked about with this sort of chemo just waiting for the hair to start falling out again, i did try the cold cap again and it was useless, had it on for about 5secs and couldn't get it off quick enough, far to painful for me, i'm turning into a wimp.
On the whole though, so far i am okay and i hope you all are too.
Take care
Reneex

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Teresa
Just wanted to send my love and best wishes, at least thats day one over!!! hope you sleep well
Take care
Tracey xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jayne, Well i,m home not been too bad just a little nausea, the worst for me is the taste, it awful. Apart from that and feeling like ivé drunk 6 glasses of wine, I´m ok, I just hope i dont get the hangover following tommorow! LOL

Thanks for your concern, keep well, good luck,

Love Teresa xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jayne
Im starting 6 FEC on 2nd march so week behind you... also little worried about the sickness as suffered really badly with pregnancy sickness!! will take everything they offer!!
Think the waiting and wondering whats going to happen..how you'll feel.. is a very anxious time, cant seem to concentrate on anything and get very stressed and upset at the littlest thing!!
best wishes

Tracey xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks everybody

Teresa hope all goes well today I will be thiking of you.

Love Jayne
xxx

Hi Jayne
I'm a bit ahead of you had 2 FEC so far 1 more to do and then 3TAX. I haven't been sick just felt yucky. I drink loads day before and for a few days after the treatment. They give me anti sickness and steroid through the drip then I take the first anti sickness tablets that night I start the steroids the next day. I do suffer with indigestion for the first few days but they gave me omeprazole and that helped. I don't sleep very well the first couple of nights think it's the steroids they make me a bit hyper.
Good luck for Monday.
Take care xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks for that.

I suppose it must be different for everyone.

Teresa good luck tomorrow, I feel the same a bit anxious but glad to be starting. Let me know how it goes and hopefully we can be a support for as long as we are all going through this.

Let me know how you go.

Sending you lots of love

Jayne xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jayne and Teresa,

You get the anti sickness drug just before the chemo goes in. Mine went through the same drip into my vein. First the anti sickness then the chemo.

Afterwards I felt fine. Had a lay down when I got home, but I can do that after a days shopping!!! They say tireness usually hits you the next day - but it didn't for me, it was quite the opposite! It is day 7 for me and I do feel a little bit tired, but I also have a cold and it's the time of the month!!!

Lots of hugs

Amanda xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Good quetion Jayne, I wondered this? Mind you i feel tired most of the time since Dx....

Love Teresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Can I jsut ask do you feel tired straight away with chemo?

JAynexxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everybody

I haven't been offered any anti sickness tablets to take before. Do you think I should ask them? I can't totally remember what was said at the appointment.

Thank you it alwasy feels better alonside someone else.

Lots of love xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Teresa,

I took the anti sickness as instructed by the nurses. So that night I had to take one. Then the next day (after chemo) 2 in the morning (2 different types) then one later in the evening. Usually after I had something to eat.

Amanda xx

I am a long way ahead of you as I started FEC in Dec 2006 followed by taxotere.I had 4 FEC and took anti sickness as instructed.I found I acually vomited only once in each cycle on the evening of the day I had chemo and the rest of the time I was fine.Do take the drugs exactly as instructed though.
Valx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Amanda, did you take the anti sickness the day before? if so after breakfast or after dinner. Thanks

Teresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jayne

I've just started my first FEC (1 week ago) and it was fine. No sickness just hyper for the first 3 days - didn't sleep. But I'm gradually getting back into my normal routine. My second FEC is due on 3rd March - so this maybe a different story!

Anything else you would like to know - just ask.

Lots of hugs,

Amanda xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jayne, I start my first of 8 FEC Tommorrow, so we can do this together! I am anxious but to be honest just want to get it started, I know i´m in for a long haul so the sooner I start the better!

I also live in Spain and not speaking the language that well doesn´t help, I get by on conversation but medical is a whole new world,

I have encounted 2 problems this week, firstly went to get my bloods done, no they couldn´t do them as apparantly my Onc hasn´t ticked all the correct boxes!!!! DUH !!!!!

Then today I am to take my first drug Prednisona 50mg now heres the problem my Onc told me to take it straight after breakfast but on my Schdule for my meds it says take it straight after dinner!!!!

I can´t get hold of my Onc as he is only in on Thursdays... Which is the day of my first chemo!

I don´t have a BCN so I think I will go for the printed version and take it this evening!

So thats the start of my moans.....

Love Teresa xxx

Hi Jayne

I'm having my second FEC on 24th so slightly ahead of you but thought I would let you know that I was also told about the travel sickness having a possible link with nausea from chemo but to be honest I suffer travel sickness but I wasn't actually sick. You get anti-sickness injections before the chemo and then tablets to take away. What I would say (I was advised to do this) is to take the tablets as instructed by hospital. It really works, well it did for me. It kept the vomiting away for me. I also drank loads of fluids the day before and leading up to the chemo and afterwards. It really does help.

When is your first session?

Good luck and if you need any advice, everyone on here is great and will support you!!

Take Care

Love Krissy xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Starting chemo on Monday 3 FEC 3 Taxotere

Would love to be in touch with anyone starting around this time. It seems so scary. I feel really positive about everything but just a little bit fearful.

I get easily travel sick does anyone know if this is an indicator of having sickess through treatment. There are so many great threads on here giving tips on what to do.

Anyway I am rabbling. Would be nice to buddy up with some people on the way through.

Lots of love

Jayne xxxx