370275posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting chemo on Monday 3 FEC 3 Taxotere

muffett

Re: Starting chemo on Monday 3 FEC 3 Taxotere

Hi Louise, As Van says, take your temp asap... don´t mess about, just in case hun.. xxx

Van

Louise

Please take your temp and call hospital.....

Let us know you are ok.....

Take it easy
Van

Brad_Pitts_wif

Hello all, Well glad that the Easter Bunny has been good for you. Susanne I am going to have to try tHAT Green and Blacks icecream . Got my G&B easter egg started to delve into it last night it was the Maya gold one mmmmmmmmmmmm.

Well i feel achy and have a colod, trying to fing my themometer to take my temp as feel rubbish have been up since 4 this morning all i want to do is to stay in my pjs but can't. Mum is still having the boys from wednesday. part ofme worried that i feel cr@p and that will delay chemo. going to give it another hour and if still feel rubbish may visit A&E

Love 2 u all

Louisexxxx

muffett

Hi to all,
Erica, i to have suffered terrible sore throat and runny nose, the girls are right it´s SE i asked my onc, the runny nose is because no nasel hair, nothing there to stop it running, YUK.... Just be careful wiping your nose as it will get sore, and down belows can suffer with this !!! I mean sorness not dribbles... lol...
I´m sure you will be ok for your chemo anne...

I´m too just had my 3rd Fec and there isn´t a bone in my body that doesn´t hurt! I ache litarally from my jaw bones, fingers through to my toes... climbing the stairs particually painful, another lovely SE....

Sorry Suzanne, weathers gorgeous, even needed air con on in the car... our beach is also busy with people sunbathing, the chiringitos have opened for business, yep i think summers here in sunny spain!

Karen, i´m still waiting on my bone results etc, I must admit ivé decided to go it alone this time incase of anything sinister.. I just feel i will cope better on my own.

Jayne, thanks for asking me and OH are fine now, had lots of cuddles and tears last night feel alot better this morning, glad you had a nice weekend, and thanks for the virtual egg, it´s better than the real thing as this way your not dissapointed with the taste gone when you eat it !!! It tastes in your mind like chocolate..

This is my worst SE this time, ivé hardly ate since last weds everything tastes disgusting, i´m hoping today will improve..

Have a lovely day to you all... Take care love Teresa xxx

Van

Erica

That is the perfect way of describing the sore throat.... When I went to the hospital about this the Dr said it was probably cause I vomited too much and tore my oesophegus (not sure on spelling)

But it sounds like its the the chemo doing it after reading it on the forum.....

thank you for that.... I AM NORMAL!

wriggly

Hello all,
just to say good luck to everyone with chemos this week. Hope our bloods are good enough to have the tratment. I'm dreading having hickman line put in on Wednesday but maybe rest of chemos will be less hassle. My advice is to eat all easter eggs before taste buds disappear again.
Feel better about sore throat knowing we all have one. I'm convinced I've got a gob stopper jammed in my throat when I swallow.
Erica xxx

SophieThomas

Just checking in to say hi and hope everyone is having a nice Easter.

Have eaten far too much chocolate but sometimes I work on my own theory that surely my body can't digest that much chocolate so if I eat it all really quickly I won't really suffer all of the calories, like I would if I made them last over a few days... Ok, you can tell I'm no medic....

Oh dear, eyelashes are going....I've been wondering when that might happen. Mine haven't yet but I'm usually a few days behind some of you guys, so maybe it won't be long. Will be extra gentle with them.

Have just chopped up my favourite sarong to make myself a new scarf! Been struggling to find scarves I like or the right weight fabric to make them, and figured I won't be at the beach for quite a bit, so it's now on my head.

Hope you're having a nice break without the kids Erica, and Louise hope you get to enjoy some of your peace and quiet next week. Love my children desperately but they've been driving me slightly bonkers today! I get the odd hour off, but no-one seems to want to whisk them away for a couple of days!

Take care all, and keep eating the chocolate (or the G&B ice cream - Louise: my latest favourite is Raspberry & White Choc - is so moreish!)

What's all this about driving with the window open? - must be lovely weather in Spain, Teresa. It's RUBBISH here!

Good luck for treatments next week, I'm up on Thurs for no.3.

Suzanne xxx

kayh317

Libby,

Adam is 21 and a student paramedic so another sensible, wise one !!

He was a bit put out but I promised I would talk to him as soon as I got home which I did but at least it gave me a chance to decide what to say.

It's very difficult to know the right thing to do but I have tried to protect the kids a bit about what is going on. My youngest is only 10 but she has been wonderful and seems to take it in her stride.

Karen x

libby_2010

Kayh 317 Thanks for this. my daughter is 30 yrs old and v. sensible and wise beyond her years but I cannot begin to describe how badly affected i was when told the first lot of chemo had not worked, I was so positive it would have. Not sure I can inflict this on a friend eeither. Thing is I would have to fib to my daughter as she knows that I will be having another MRI soon and this will be followed by appt with onc for results.Will try not to get too many hopes up next time. How did your son take your decision not to let him attend with you? Love and hugs to all on the threadx Libby 2010

mazzer1501

Hi everyone
Loads of hair coming out today, seems as if a small tug would pull it all out. Hubby thinks I should give the cold cap at least 1 more try - I will but will also have a good chat with nurse to get her opinion.I hope she will be positive as other ladies I saw on my 1st session who were further down the chemo line still had a good head of hair.

Hi Anne
I too have a runny nose, good to hear that its part of the course. Good luck for Friday, ,maybe we could compare how things are going as our timing seem similar. My 2nd FEC is on Tues and I am then having 1 more FEC followed by 3 taxotere.
Maz x

kayh317

Libby,

not sure if it's helpful but my son wanted to come for results with me and I wouldn't let him as I was concerned about his feelings if things were not good.

Took a friend instead and that worked better for me as I could be indulgent with my feelings at that time rather than worry about Adam. It also gave me time to think through what I would say to the kids.

Think that I would have gone on my own if there wasn't an option to take a friend

K x

libby_2010

Hi Hope you have all had a very good Easter break.Doing OK here but could still weep buckets at times v. unpredictable. Re the still working got divorced after 30 odd years so life plan changed. Got on an even keel again and hey life was good and settled THEN Dx. Saw my GP for 1st time since then and she said isn't life a bitch and how unfair I must feel it is. I agree with the first bit but not the 2nd. But I will agree if the next MRI scan does not show any change. On being told that the MM had not worked I do not know how the BCN got me out of the clinic without a stretcher and an ambulance I was so seriously inconsolable and distraught.My daughter was with me and i am considering going to the next MRI results appt on my own as I feel I cannot do this to her again. Wise ladies any comments? Re cold cap used it twice and last time thought I was going to faint, but I think this co-incided with the cyclophosphamide bit which can, I have read,cause faintness. Still have hair greasy and unwashed, fine and floppy but hey hair is hair. But I have fine floppy hair which i have put loads of thickening and volumising gloop on in the past.Hey every day is a bonus ladies I am not complacent or bragging as I know it will go, my Onc has left me in no doubt about it.Love and hugs to all Libby 2010

Van

hi Anne

Your nose will be running because you wont have any nasal hairs....the sore throat I think is part of it.....

pants I know

Hi Kay

Hope you enjoy Nanny Macphee... looks good... im looking forward to seeing my two next weekend....
I want to give you some advice.... Im not great at that but I kissed many frogs to find my prince and we still argue.... he doesnt really know what to say to me most of the time.... poor thing

And laugh when you can.....cause these will be lots of pants times to cry about....
keep in touch... its good to build up friends who know what you are going through...xx

kayh317

I also seem to have a constant sore throat, runny nose and tight chest though haven't had a proper cold.Think the runny nose is to do with losing nasal hair.

Since 3rd chemo feel very achy in my bones which drives me mad !! Is anyone else getting achy ?? Guess it's just something else to put up with for a while.

K x

annabel02

Hi all, did anyone have a cold during chemo? i have a runny nose and sore throat just now. Just worried when they take bloods on wed my white cell count will be low and cant have the chemo on friday.

Anne x

kayh317

Hi,

admire all of you that have been working through this. Have not been to work since 1st op, think I could have worked a few days between 2nd and 3rd chemo but amazed how much worse I have been after 3rd. Still don't feel fully recovered but number 4 is on Tuesday. Officially half way through chemo now HURRAY.

Spoke to my oncologist about work and he has told me he would not recommend me going back until 1 month after my rads which means September !!! Unfortunately my bank manager is not quite so concerned about my health as my bank balance so going to have to try to go back to work in June and work while I am having rads.

Went to visit Mum yesterday and think she did recognised me which was good. Had a great day although it was very long. Left home 7:15am and got home at 10:30pm. Have done very little today !!

Still get very emotional although it does seems worse the 1st week after chemo.

Well my little girl comes back from her Dad's tonight so think tomorrow will be a girlie shopping trip with breakfast thrown in and then a visit to cinema to see Nanny MacPhee. Could do with a good laugh.

Van, it does seem that BC comes with lots of other things but I guess
eventually we will all come through it stronger. Sure there will be someone out there for me, just seem to choose the wrong one's at the moment ! I remember my hair getting everywhere and it drove me mad. Am used to being bald now and in some ways it is quite liberating.

My eyebrows have thinned and my eyelashes are starting to come out which makes my eyes feel quite gritty !

K x

MURDO2323

Hi everybody and Happy Easter.

Thank you for your lovely words, just got back from a few days away. It's good to know i am not the only one feeling like a mad woman crying and feeling down, wish i had the time for a little breakdown but i don't think i can schedule it in till next year!! good job we can all laugh still. Hope your OH and you are all good now Teresa. I totally know what you mean Susanne i think i will feel a bit better when i have had my op, they have said it will be after the last chemo, with a few weeks to recover.

Hope you are all having a lovely Easter.

I can hardly believe it's nearly chemo 3, my eye lashes are starting to go too and the eyes are a bit dry.

I think it's hard with yor hair everybody is different. I shaved mine when it started to fall out as i didn't like to see it coming out. My head was a bit sore too when it started to come out but that didn't last too long.

I am sure i have not commented on everybody's posts but am sending you all an Easter hug and a virtual chocolate egg Green & Blacks of course.

Jayne xxx

muffett

I didn´t have the cold cap, I think it is a personal choice, but I know I got fed up of waking with my hair in my mouth, making a yorkshire pudding and pulling strands out of it when is was cooked was horrid, me personally i´m glad I took control and shaved mine off, this I did on my 15th day of my first FEC now just had FEC 3 and havn´t need to shave since, it´s just a tiny bristle, so I know I did the right thing.

At first I was scared sh--less in going out, i didn´t have a wig, so put a bandana on and it was no where near as bad as i thought it would be! In fact now it´s quite liberating, driving along with the windows open and no hair in my face is brill!!!!

I have now got a wig but i´m not too sure if i will use it! Doesn´t feel comfortable...

xxx Happy Easter Sunday To ALL You Lovely Ladies xxx

Van

Hi Janey

I presume that if I hadnt used it I would have lost it completely... still looks like i have a head of hair but very thin and not great condition...

godd luck it honey

Van

janey_23

hi i start chemo fri dreading the hair loss so trying cold cap but reading your post do you think it has helped ??? Jane x

Van

Hi Libby

Seems to be the thing selling the house, divorcing and doing the BC!!!

My hair is coming and due like you to have the next FEC on Tuesday.... do I bother with the cold cap again if its coming out.... Just had a row with partner over it.... he cant see that its coming out and thinks I should carry on with it.... My hair is on my food, in my face, on my pillow, blocking up the plug hole....

Please is there any advice.... do i or dont i.... Ive ordered scarves and have a wig which I dont think I can wear.... Makes me feel sick....

Gotta go got someone looking around the house in 10..... need to sell it big time...
have a good day... x

annabel02

Hi Mazzer, i have had one fec and due for second one on friday.. the other day my scalp felt very sore/tender to the touch (day 14), today have noticed a large amount coming out on the hairbrush. I didnt have the cold cap but by all accounts it can be successful. Some people notice their hair coming out regardless, maybe not as much though.. Wishing you success.
Anne x

libby_2010

Hi ladies Van and muffet Thanks so very much for your support. I do not have a date yet for surgery.Originally when I had Dx it was surgery before Christmas then as a result of scans I have an axillary node and multi focal 'bits' around the 12mm tumour Grade 1.SO chemo am really scared as with the 1st 3 MM chemos there was no change, now on FEC and after 3rd FEC need another MRI I think the onc having said 'we may bale out'if there is no change excuse me but if I have had 6 chemos with no effect what if I have spread? Will need to consider Tax really scary so 8-9 chemos.Best bit of all this is I still have hair being v. gentle with it not shampooing and careful with the comb and always carry my hat as i am still working F-T wow what if it dropped out when I was talking to CEO? Am also going through divorce but cannot cope with estate agents any more so ex OH Ok while I live in former family home oh boy is he feeling guilty but hey I was just settling into a calm and settled life. Reliefed to hear that tears are fairly normally feel I could blub for the UK at times. Hugs back to all Libby

Brad_Pitts_wif

Hi I d still have ut my lashes my brows buts have jut my lashes just have just stsrted to thin in the last couple of days which is approx day 15 of cycle 2

mrs_mc

Hi everyone

Could I ask when did you lose your brows and lashes and when did these start to come back and the hair?

Thanks x

mrs_mc

Hi everyone

Could I ask when did you lose your brows and lashes and when did these start to come back and the hair?

Thanks x

Van

Whatever our OH do or family do.... Im sur they can never get it right.....

I was supposed to be spending 4 days with OH but came home yesterday on my own having a moment to myself..... i needed space.....

must be hard looking in from the outside....

but its bloody hard being on the inside....

wine is out... im gonna give it a go...

mazzer1501

Hello everyone, a newbie to the site here.
It's been really helpful reading all the comments and lovely to see how supportive everyone is. I am due to have my 2nd FEC on Tuesday, had very few side effects (but was supplied loads of tablets after 1st FEC which presumably helped) however despite using the cold cap my hair is now landing everywhere! Am I to assume the cold cap hasn't worked, I can't help wondering how long it will take to fall out completely as I am due to go away next weekend! Any comments would be gratefully received. My chemo nurse did suggest that it would take up to 3rd FEC session to see if the cold cap has any effect but not sure the hair will last that long!

Brad_Pitts_wif

well I am joining the club of the sore throat. I cannot work as I work as a forensic pyschiatric nurse, so the risks of violence, infection and assault are high. Am actually enjoying being of work.

Made gingerbread men with my oldest today and then took the two scamps to Kew Garden hopefully that will tire them out enough.

I am like u Erica constantly knackered and pastbeing up 6 hours i really flag and want to sleep. Cannot believe it will be Chemo 3 next week, everything is starting to hurt already.

Enjoy the rest from the kids Erica, my Mum is having my boys from the Wednesday until the Tuesday i can just nslob after chemo then.

Teresa i would be like u i nhate being cooped up inside even on rainy days. I had barney with my OH the other day and actusally was glad because he had been treating me with kid gloves since diagnosis so thought that normal service resumned, Glass of red for u tonight missy i think

Happy Easter to you all

Louisexxxx

annabel02

Must be a "normal" thing to have a sore throat mines is the same, thought i was coming down with something..
Teresa, your oh sounds like a very caring man, i dont have one and sometimes i miss the pampering / and someone to share things with.. sometimes i dont lol!
Is it lovely and warm over there? its a bit of a mediocre day here. usual!!

hugs Anne x

muffett

I forgot to say my throats hanging today, really, sore and yep my eye lashes are on there way out! xxx

muffett

Hi all, hope your all having a nice weekend, i´ve just had a bit of a barny with my OH and now feel like crap for it.
I went out to a garden center with a friend whos quite demanding, but come back exhausted, of course my OH is now angry that I let her tire me down, it´s not only physically with her but mentally too, although i love her dearly... He tells me off saying i´m not restig enough and that i´m going out too much, he doesn´t understand I hate being indoors, well that´s not fair he does understand but worries so much about me!
There´s an old saying i´m telling myself at the moment to remember "Don´t punish me for caring, punish me for not caring" mmm I think now ivé been a bit of a cow to OH.... Better go and apologise!

xxx

Van

Hi Erica

Dont feel amazed about the work thing,.... I am totally knackered and sleep all the time or cry when tried so been a grumpy thing over the past 3 weeks.... I am going to lighten up abit over then next treatments.... otherwise I know I wont get better as quick as I would like....

I have sore throat too and worried I wont be able to crack on witht he next one although half of me does not want the next one....

We need to rest when our bodies say rest..... listen to me... if I keep saying it I will do it surely...

have a good easter too... have the wine for me.... the taste makes me feel ill!!! go on have a large one xx

wriggly

I'm so amazed by people like Libby and Vanessa who actually go to work and have chemo. I can't stay awake longer than about 5 hours at a time, so no way could I work or think straight.
Glad you're feeling bit better Theresa, you've had a horrid time.
My eyelashes are falling out now too Louise but don't have sore eyes. Got constantly runny nose though.
Hope a short break helps Jayne. I felt far less teary when my period finally arrived this week, 9 days late. I have felt pre menstrual teary, don't think its the steroids with me.

My OH and kids have gone away skiing in Austria over Easter and I instantly feel better!! How terrible is that? I've got no one expecting things from me, telling me to cheer up, making the house a mess, waking me up and I've booked some lovely things with my friends. I thought I'd be peed off that I was missing a holiday but I haven't the energy to pack a bag let alone get on a plane.It feels like a holiday from my family.

Happy Easter to everyone, hope someone does something nice for you that makes you feel a little bit better. or if all else fails have a glass or 2 of wine!

Erica xxx

Does everyone else feel totally knackered most of the time? I should feel OK now, day 16. My throat is still sore and I don't really feel back to normal at all like I did after FEC 1.

Van

Hi Libby....

Im not sure what to write casue whatever I seem to write seems patronizing and I would hate that....

I know excatly how you feel..... not sure its the FEC that makes us be as we are... I used to cry regularly before all thsi now Im a wreck!!! so dont feel bad that you feel like this.... we have a right to feel like this.....

My hair is falling out all over the place and my throat is constantly sore....like yourself I just want to be 'normal' again... Im in the middle of going through a divorce and selling the house.... if Im going to do it do it big time.... I have a new partner who I adore but find it hard to be like I am.... does anyone understand except for the people on here....

Im scared Im going to get it again so think one day at a time is the good way to be....
Like yourself I have not taken time off....i had to be off when i had my op and went in after FEC.... which I shouldnt have really..../I work with children so busy busy.... this time around (Tuesday)Im going to listne to my body.....

Libby take it easy.... remember listne to your body!

Anne hope your feeling better too....

take lots of care
keep smiling
Vanessa xx

muffett

Hi Libby, Oh bless you, you really are going through the mill at the moment firstly I send you a hug ((((((((O))))))) from all of us.

You was Dx last Nov, same as me, but i´m sorry if i´m wrong suffering chemo brain, you haven´t had your opp yet, as I said apologies if i´m wrong hun, if not do you have a date?

As for loosing it youvé joined the right club there!!! I don´t think one of us feel totally sane, and being down, tearful etc. WHO wouldn´t be with the crap you have put up with...

Don´t be so hard on yourself, hang in with us, were a freindly bunch, and certainly help each other through this sh--- xxx

Take care, and keep posting. Love Teresa xxx

libby_2010

Kate Thanks I have used the help line particularly on Sats as during the week my BCN is around ( I think she wishes she wasnt when she hears my voice) so I tend to save things uo and askk all my questions in one go.Libby

AnnaB_BCC

Hi Libby,

Sorry to hear you’re having problems getting online. Just wanted to remind you that the Breast Cancer Care Helpline is available if you need support and information and are unable to access the Discussion Forums. It will be open as usual tomorrow (Saturday) 9am – 2pm and will then reopen after the bank holiday, on Tuesday 6th April 2010, Telephone 0808 800 6000

Best wishes,
Kate, BCC Facilitator

libby_2010

Hi ladies am joining in the post again have no broadband where I live as am at the end other exchange from both towns I live between so am using a dongle thingy with variable success.Have been so moved by your posts and the encouragement/tips you offer. I am on my 5th chemo (2nd FEC of 3) my 1st 3 chemos had no effect. Onc says we may bale out after 3 FEC if MRI scan shows no effectand go straight to surgery but my smallish lump is in the lower outer quadrant and just into the inner lower quadrant which is why they wanted to shrink it first as very WLE would be needed .Seems that the alternative is Taxetere and the Onc thinks I might find this diificult as these will be 6-9 of chemos and also SE. having seen your posts I have not seen alot of comments re SE of taxetere, I had read of people having aching joints/muscles for months /years after? Re hair my scalp and my eyebrows prickle/ache and I have more hair on the comb when i use it infrequently and strangely one eyebrow seems to be thinning. Until yesterday I have had 3 days off since Dx last Nov am trying to conserve paid sick leave as far as poss ( for surgery and rads) but whilst i have coped fairly well physically have really struggled emotionally ( is this the FEC? ) I have been in floods of tears since the 1st one far more than before and that was bad enough.Have an appt to see a physcotherapist.Feel I am loosing it at times. Will keep up with your post as and when I can.
Love and hugs to all Libby

Brad_Pitts_wif

Dear Anne,

Hope that your head is feeling a little better and not too sore today.

Well my eyes have been running all day. Have u any suggestion for helping sore eyes with thinning eye lasdhes? tried putting some falsies on OMG lets just say i need a bit of practice he he he

Lou xxxx

annabel02

Hi K/and Van, feeling a wee bit better now and not so sorry for myself dont know what come over me, thanks for listening i know we are all going through the same thing and it does do you good to have a good "blah"

Have a great weekend

Anne x

Van

I am Day 17 with having cold cap.....And its coming out now.... got a receding hairline coming.....
I had a blub this morning with a realisation thats I am actually going to lose it..... so much for buying a wig this week.... It looked ok in the shop but can I get used to it.....

My head is also sore and tender to touch... I take it thats normal...
Im dreading Tuesday for next FEc... so dont want to feel ill again after beginning to perk up a bit....

I know I know time to get a grip but bloody hell.....
give is all a break!

kayh317

Hi Anne,

Seems most of us have had the same experience. My hair started coming out in handfuls around day 11. Was in hospital at the time and the bin ended up full of my hair !!! Had it shaved a few days later and despite thinking I wouldn't cope with it it was far easier than I thought. Had bought a wig ready but have hardly worn it. Usually wear a bandana when I am out but nothing indoors. Took the kids some getting used to but now it is just how I am.

Have even been out with friends and just taken the bandana off. Did feel at first that people were looking at me but in reality it was me that thought that rather than people staring.

I do still get a strange sensation in my scalp at times but actually my hair has grown a little. Been waiting for it to come out again but it seems to like being about 1/2 long instead of right down my back as it was a few weeks ago !!

Good news is that I don't have to shave my legs or armpits anymore and pretty much got a free Brazilian !!!

Take care, you will get through this.

K x

annabel02

Hi all, thanks for advice re the hair. well ive been up since 5am just wakened and came downstairs for a coffee. Sitting here just now feeling the crown of my head, its very sore and painful to the touch..Reality is now kicking in and ive had a good bubble to myself but i think as you all say im better getting it shaved off, hope it takes this annoying pain away. Id better pull myself together before they all start getting up, my eyes are a dead give away.

take care all
Anne x

Brad_Pitts_wif

Hi Anne,

Like most of the others my head started to feel sore about day 11-13 and then by day 14-17 it was coming out and on 11th march it thinned so much that it really upset me. i felt that i looked ill then. So on Mothers Day i asked my partner to shave my head and after a glass of red vino he shaved my head, there were tears from both of us. However I felt like Teresa said it was about me taking control as to when I lost my hair rather than the cancer having the control. Do you know what i felt ok, didn't feel like the mummy ill with cancer.
has anyones eyelashes started to thin cos mine have and with the wind over the last couple of days my eyes have been running marathons!!!!
Hope you have a lovely weekend away Jayne and you relax and enjoy it Glad you have had a glass of vino Teresa am having one myself he he he, with some Green and Blacks icecream Susanne I blame u for that ;op.
Anyway if i don't geton b4 Easter. Hope the Easter Bunny is good to u all

Love

Louisexxxx

SophieThomas

Good luck with the hair Anne. I really didn't find it was as bad getting it all shaved off, as I'd feared. In a way it was better to just get on with it once it was clearly going, and deal with it. And ok, I wouldn't choose it, but its amazing how quickly you get used to it, esp as you know it WILL come back.

Glad you're feeling better about work - I definitely think its good to have other things to focus on.

Suzanne x

annabel02

Hi all, well just back from my rant at the docs, she sat there and listened to me nodding in the right places. I asked her if i could go back to work, she wasnt too keen initially but when i told her id already been to see HR and they discussed my duties etc with me, she reluctantly agreed. Ive to go back and see her next week because thats when the new FIT form comes into force and she can say what she thinks im capable of doing based on that. So im pleased about that, means ive got something else to focus on.
Suzanne/Teresa thanks for advice re the hair, scalp is pretty painful the now to touch, can see me paying my hairdresser a visit before long.
regards
Anne x

SophieThomas

Jayne, am now wondering if that was at all a useful thing to say...I don't even know when you're going to have your surgery. Its just that was a bit of a turning point for me. But we're all different, with slightly different situations. And we still all have low days I think. I just try to accept that its a 'bad day' and that the next day I might feel different. I still have complete shock moments too when I really can't believe that this has happened to me. Big hug.

Is anyone doing any complementary therapies or stuff like that to help them relax? Am going for some reiki and reflexology in a couple of weeks with a therapist who's trained to work on chemo patients. Never done anything like that before, but anything's worth a shot I think.

Suzanne x

muffett

Hi To all, hope you have all had a good day, i´m popping out with a freind soon for a glass of vino, only the one mind.

Jayne it is normal to feel tearful, it´s horrible when it creaps up on you like that, i know it does me, I read signets post today, and felt awful, just could not reply in case of being negative, this put me in tears... But I really am thinking of her..

Anne, i started losing my hair on day 12 by day 15 whole fringe gone and with a bob style it had to go so i took contrlo and shaved it off! It was amazing never looked back since... The sensations you are getting are normal to the hair loss beggining.

Have a lovely weekend away Jayne, and a lovely easter to all, parades will be starting in our village soon.

Love and hugs Teresa xxx

SophieThomas

Anne
My hair started to go about 16-17 days in - it wasn't dramatic, just more hairs falling out when I ran my fingers through than I'd normally expect. But 3 or 4 days later I'd be trying not to touch my hair cos I'd end up with a bit of a mess on my shoulders! Its quite good that its gradual as it gives you a few days to get used to the reality that its going. I didn't like to see mine getting thin like an old lady so had it shaved off about 6-7 days after I first noticed it was going.

Jayne, sorry you're feeling low. I don't know if its helpful to say this but I think it gets easier after you've had your surgery - it must be tough for you still waiting for that part to be over. Not that I found having my surgery was bad, but it's just nice to have that part over with.

Take care all

Suzanne xxx