Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting chemo today

4 REPLIES 4
Cat

Re: Starting chemo today

Thanks, everyone.

Poppyjasper - thanks for your thoughts!

Flygirl - how wonderful that you have amazing new hair. I'm looking forward to this too. I have to wait for an NHS wig so have bought an inexpensive one myself. My friends all love it and say it makes me look younger. We're all amazed that my brother (who likes to wear wigs and ladies' clothing) and I look totally the same.

Jackie, you're so right about knowing the chemo is saving my life. That's just how I see it, too. However horrible or tough it is, I'm embracing it and am grateful that it's available to me.

ewenmunro

Hi Cat

One thing I have learnt is that we all get different side effects, I was fine on FEC but very tired, just wanted to sleep and had strange tempereature peaks during the day but nothing too nasty. I did lose my hair as I tried the cold cap once and didn't like it, but please rest assured that chemo can be done, yes its a pain and somedays you feel poorly but you can do it, just think that its saving your life !!!

Its all very scary but we are all here for you to talk and don't be scared to ask any questions you may have, someone has always got the answer, good luck and keep talking

Jackie xx

flygirl

Hi Cat. Good luck and I hope it goes ok today. FEC really is not too bad. If you are sick drink tons of water and I found ginger ale and lemonade help. Fruit is very refreshing on the mouth too. I did loose my hair but I have bought this amazing wig and all of my freinds keep coming up to me and telling me how wonderful my hair looks not knowing that it is a wig!!! Taxotere has different side effects, so see yourself through the FEC first! Good luck girl x x

poppyjasper

All the best to you Cat x

Cat

Starting chemo today

I start chemo today at Kettering - 3 Fec, followed by 3 Taxotere at Northampton.

It's the not knowing what's going to happen or how you'll feel that's the hard part. I've read lots of advice, have been told by friends how they've coped, but it just doesn't prepare you.

Feeling a bit nervous.

I know there are a few ladies starting chemo today or in the next couple of days so all the best to you.

Cat