Starting chemotherapy on 30th March

Hi everyone  this is my first thread I was diagnosed With breast cancer 9th February  I had a mastectomy and lymph nodes removed , I had 26 removed and 24 had cancer in them so I want this chemo started I had a ct scan and something has shown up on my bones so I’m having bone scan on Thursday then picc line and chemo on Monday I’m trying to be brave as my husband is not coping very well with it , is anyone going through this at the same time I would love to compare stories and help each other I’m very scared about the whole thing as I have neurological  problems too thank you for reading this x

Hi shyla

Welcome to the BCC Forum.  You might find it helps to post on the thread which was begun by members who all started their chemo in March.  I’ve attached a link:

forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/starting-chemo-March-2015/td-p/925634

It might also help to call our Helpline for information and support.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi Shyla

I was diagnosed on the same day as you.  I had left Mastectomy with block node clearance too on 10th March,  a month later, I go back for results on Friday 27th and will then be told when I start my chemo.  Dont think I will be far behind you.  I have already had CT scans and a bone scan, I had them before surgery and they were clearm apart from a slight back deterioration, which at 56 I am not surprise at tbh. They knew it was in my lymph nodes from the biopsies they took.  I will find out the full extent on Friday!!!.  

I have been told i will definitely need chemo and prob Hormone Therapy too as mine is ER+.  The waiting is always the worst.  At least we are now moving forward.  Keep in touch Val x