Starting fec-t this wed (16)

What can I expect? Internet is so confusing and contradictory. What were your experiences during your first week? I have 3 sessions of fec then 3 sessions of t xx Tia Rachel xx

Hi Rachel

sorry you find yourself here but you are in the right pace for advice and support. Please do not go on the internet to look anything up, info on there is out of date and not relevant to your particular case, every one of us is different with our own individual treatment plan. Why don’t you join us ladies on the July thread, there are quite a few of us on there. Everyone reacts differently to chemo, but most of us have had minimal side effects, and those we have had have been controlled.
Your chemo nurses will give you lots of info and plenty of advice on medication to control each individual side effect.
Hope you can join our July thread, you will be made most welcome :slight_smile:

Wendy xx

Hi Pookie! I’m the same as you - first session on Wednesday and a bit anxious/nervous about what to expect. Still undecided about the cold cap ??. Let’s hope it’s not too bad…positive vibes and all that. Good luck ?

Hi Pookieharton

I have just finished my FEC-T…2 weeks ago…

I found the Fec not too bad…fusually felt better after day 4-5…just tired and “not quite right”.

The T …I found this harsher for me…I suffered with sore bottom when opened bowels, oral thrush and mouth ulcers…again the tiredness was accumalitive…so by the last session I found myself tired very easily

The taste buds are hit hard and most things tasted yuk…

I hope this doesn’t sound too bad …good luck ladies…YOU CAN DO THIS XX… Donna

Hi Pookie! I had 3 lots of FEC and 3 lots of T. Fec I found would hit me straight away. I would get very tired, taste buds gone, just feeling a bit odd. I had good anti sickness so that was managable. This would last 5-7 days with a bit of bone pain. Then I would get 2 weeks where I felt good. T I found harder even though I was told it would be easier. Very tired and no energy for weeks. Grey looking. bone pain, sore joints, headaches, mouth ulcers and no taste. It is doable you just have to stay positive. Try and have something to look forward to after each dose. Like a trip to the cinema or theatre or new shoes! This all helped me and use the support network around you. Fizzy water and ice lollies help with the taste buds… You can do this :slight_smile: Good luck xx