cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting tamoxifen?

8 REPLIES 8
lazycat

Re: Starting tamoxifen?

Hi I started Tamoxifen on the same day I started rads, exactly 4 weeks after finishing chemo.

lolly73

I started tamox the day i went for my surgery results, rads started a month later

cushkin

Hi thanks for the reply's, it seems to vary form person to person. I'll ring my bc nurse to see if she knows. I'm sure they haven't forgotten about me 🙂

poppy333

hey
i had rads 4 weeks after cemo finished
started tamoxifen 2nd day of my rads

x

Mary_grace

Hi,

I started my tamoxifen before rads but then I didn't have chemo. Not sure if this makes a difference x

mummysboob

hi cushkin, i was told 2 start tam mid april. finished 20 rads last friday. good luck, alex xx

sky2sea

I'm expecting to start tamoxifen after my rads. I think it varies.

jaynek

Hi cushkin

I am on Letrozole (other one which is similar to Tamoxifen) and I started this after my chemo and before my rads. I too am on Herceptin. I would give your bc nurse a call and ask if your consultant has sent a letter to your GP advising that you will need a prescription for this. Best to get started sooner rather than later. Good luck with the rest of your treatment. J.

cushkin

Starting tamoxifen?

Hi all, just a quicky.
I'm starting Radiotherapy tomorrow and started herceptin last week. No one has mentioned anything about when I will start Tamoxifen. Is this usually after rads or during? Anyone Know? I like to know these things, helps me feel more in control of things, well as much as possible anyway 🙂

Emma x