Starting tamoxifen?

Hi all, just a quicky.
I’m starting Radiotherapy tomorrow and started herceptin last week. No one has mentioned anything about when I will start Tamoxifen. Is this usually after rads or during? Anyone Know? I like to know these things, helps me feel more in control of things, well as much as possible anyway :slight_smile:

Emma x

Hi cushkin

I am on Letrozole (other one which is similar to Tamoxifen) and I started this after my chemo and before my rads. I too am on Herceptin. I would give your bc nurse a call and ask if your consultant has sent a letter to your GP advising that you will need a prescription for this. Best to get started sooner rather than later. Good luck with the rest of your treatment. J.

I’m expecting to start tamoxifen after my rads. I think it varies.

hi cushkin, i was told 2 start tam mid april. finished 20 rads last friday. good luck, alex xx

Hi,

I started my tamoxifen before rads but then I didn’t have chemo. Not sure if this makes a difference x

hey
i had rads 4 weeks after cemo finished
started tamoxifen 2nd day of my rads

x

Hi thanks for the reply’s, it seems to vary form person to person. I’ll ring my bc nurse to see if she knows. I’m sure they haven’t forgotten about me :slight_smile:

I started tamox the day i went for my surgery results, rads started a month later

Hi I started Tamoxifen on the same day I started rads, exactly 4 weeks after finishing chemo.