Stiffness in fingers

I finished chemo in June 16, since then I have painful and stiff fingers. When I wake in the morning, I cannot bend my finger. This improves as the day goes on but I have constant pain and burning sensation. Has anyone else experienced this. My breast cancer was tnbc and I had FEC T chemo.

Hi Kerry,

I am sorry to hear you are in pain. I’m sure some of our users will be along to share their experiences and show their support soon. 

In the meantime you can always use our Ask the Nurse service or call our helpline on 0808 800 6000, who will be able to talk you through any questions you have and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

All the best, 

Bonita 

Hi Kerry

have you been on any medication like ananstrozole? I was put on this after my treatment but inky lasted 15 days. One of the side effects was severe stiffness in my joints. Michelle

Hi Kerry63 do you have any swelling in your fingers or hand? Just wondering if it could be the start of lymphoedema as I have it in my hand and my fingers can be stiff and painful in the mornings x

Hi Kerry I had that after FEC-T. I kept waking up with my fists tightly clenched & really achy stiff fingers.  I think the T started mine, but I was worried I had arthritis (or worse!) when it wouldn’t go.  Once I tackled the nighttime anxiety, it went.  Don’t know if that’s any help xx