Still cannot get my arm into position!!!

Hi All,

Just got back from the hospital and tried for a 3rd time to get my arm into the position they need for them to be able to perform the rads and sent home again without going through because my arm wont rest on the support it just wont go that far, I have been having physio twice a week and have been doing my exercises since mx with lymph clearance which was back in September. I’ve already had neo adju chemo fec/taxotere, dx in march along with secondaries on both lungs that are now classed as tiny and stable, taking tamoxifen and having herceptin every 3 weeks. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I just want to get on with it, and am starting to get worried that its too long after mx and that the cancer could start growing back. So got to wait another 2 weeks before we can try again.

Love and light
sarahlousie xx

I stretched mine, not exercised and it became much easier.

Yes I had exactly the same problem, I was so worried, every night I would exercise to try and get it straight. I would lay on my bed and just try to relax my arm and gently try to push it straight. My Onc wasn’t very helpful and just said that I would have to!

I had my rads at Mount Vernon and they had an evening where you go and have a look around the rads area and meet the staff and I asked about it and they said that they would work around what I could achieve. So helpful, I was so grateful.

Anyway imagine Benny Hill and when he salutes, that was the position we got it into,your hand is across your forehead, palm facing outwards.

I hope it goes okay.

Hazel