cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still feeling soooooo tired :-(

54 REPLIES 54
Tipical_Girl

Re: Still feeling soooooo tired :-(

I also experienced this constant feeling of tiredness and fatigue.
The remedy was unexpected. I took Calmax, it’s a natural anti-depressant. Looks like the fatigue was caused by depression.
Pook

Hi, Just an update on my earlier post on this thread regarding Aceytil L-Carnitine & Alpha Lipoic Acid supplements. I saw my surgeon for a follow up appointment today and she confirmed that they can be taken alongside Tamoxifen. Hope this proves helpful to others!

Aine

Hi Saphire!

Just to add to what the others have said....

I have the same scar as you and no nipple.  Such a shock at the start I know.

Listen to the advice from your medical team and accept that you will feel bad for a few weeks.

I tried to get out during the day as soon as I was able to face it.  It did me good to be out in the outside world and realise that I would be returning to my life.  Pace yourself and try not to worry.  You will get better.

This is a routine operation and it is happenning every day.  My anaesthetist told me that before the op and I felt a wave of relief come over me.  It was just what I needed to hear.

Be good to yourself.

Aine x

delly

Oh Saphire,
I apologise on my presumptions, based on your scar length, plus loss of your nipple, that you'd had a mastectomy. Yeh, most important that you take your painkillers, espesh just before you go to bed.
Hope things settle down very soon for you.
xxxxx
ladybowler
Community Champion

Christine

Oh bless you xx I have done that before, and found out to my cost that it was not a wise thing to do, hopefully you have taken some now and will be able to catch up on your sleep.

Helena xx

Saphire

Morning Delly,

As far as I know they have just done a lumpectomy with nodes, not mastectomy thats why it was a shock to see how long the scars are. I had a really bad painfull night last night, I wanted to sleep pain said otherwise this morning I feel like I have been run over by a bus. I only have myself to blame for the horrendous pain, I had no painkillers at all yesterday to give organs a rest, very bad mistake.

Hugs

Christine xx

delly

Saphire - how lovely on your card. Yerrrrrrrr, nice.

I'm presuming you've just had a mastectomy, from the sounds of it?? I had two, and recovered really well from both, in the healing respect. But, yeh, remember it's huge, massive surgery for your body to undergo. Plus, as Lady H Bowler said, takes a while to just recover from the general anaesthetic effects on your body. You' ll feel so much better in the next week, but please DO your exercises -  religiously!! At least 3-4 x a day. Honestly can't tell ya how much difference they make. Also, keep a watch out for a seroma developing. Despite having drains, I developed a seroma with both. Had to have my first mast drained twice - isn't unusual. But important, if you do develop, to get back to your ward doctor and have drained, as they can prevent/slow the healing if you leave them.

Not nice to see, scars and nothing, ref no nipple, is it. Huge shock. I'm so sorry you've had to have it done. But sounds like you still have a remaining boob of your own?, which actually makes a huge difference. I know, only too well.

Much love to you

Delly xxxxx

Saphire

Thank you Runningmum, ladybowler.

Yes after reading this thread I realise I am not being silly its normal to feel like this, on an up note I had a beautiful card delivered today signed by 50+ friends wishing me well it was very comforting.

Hugs

Christine xxx

RunningMum13

Hi Christine,

Just to echo LadyB's reply, it's early days at the moment so just listen to your body and rest, relax and sleep when you feel the need. Remember to be kind to yourself. This will help you with your follow up treatment too.

Love & light

Donna.xx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Christine

Remember you are only a week after major surgery mate, you will still be feeling the effects of the anaesthetic as well.  I tihink it is always scary when you first look at your scars, but they will settle down and in the coming weeks they will be less red and swollen

Sending you a hug xxxx

Saphire

Hi all,

I Just found this thread and read through it all. Its been a week today I had surgery 13/4/17 results on rest of treatment is next week 28th. I thought it was just me being being silly feeling the way I do, I am just so tired I want to sleep all the time. I thought I should be feeling much better by now apart from being sore after surgery, reading through this thread I dont feel guilty anymore and need to prepare myself for whats to come.  

I think I feel worse today because my dressings finally came off in the shower and must admit it was a shock to see how large the incisions are, No nipple and a five inch cut across breast and a 3 inch one underarm not what I expected.

Thank you for the thread

Hugs to all

Chistine xx

Pook

Hi Delly,

Didn't contact the doc, thought I'd wait for my follow-up appointment at the hospital next week and ask then. Will let you know what they say, though. Cheers!

delly

Hi Pook

Did you get an aswer from your doc? As they are natural and not oestrogen related, I'd have thought they'd be okay for you to try

Delly xxxx

delly

Sorry Pook, can't answer you question xxxx

Pook

Hi, I've been looking into the Acetyl Carnitine & Alpha Lipoic Acid supplements that have been suggested on this thread, and wondered if anyone knows if they are ok to take while taking Tamoxifen? I'd really like to give them a go to see if they improve my energy levels, but am cautious about taking anything while on Tamoxifen. Will probably call my GP next week, but figured if anyone on here knows the answer it'll save me a bit of time and I can order them more quickly! Thanks in advance!

delly

You too Anne. Hope these supplements help and you get rid of them there nasty back leg pains.
Love to you and all others lookin in.
Dellypoos xxxxxxxx

Aine

I have just ordered those supplements so thanks to Blueash and Delly for their suggestions!

I am getting my 5th Herceptin tomorrow (and just finished chemo before the 4th one).  I have been verrrry tired and bad achy legs has been the worst side effect.  I feel as though I did a marathon 2 days ago.  I used to run a lot so I know the sore legs feeling!  But it never goes away like it would 3 days after a long run.  As usual the onc doc doesnt want to know and wouldnt agree to reduce the Herceptin dose.  Just advised paracetamol. 

So am going to grin and bear it tomorrow and hope this next 3 weeks might be a wee bit easier on me.

Be good to yourselves ladies!

Aine

delly

Hi Everybody,

Hope you're all doing well and bursting with energy? !!!

Blueash - you might find these suppliers a better/cheaper alternative to those of yours. Also, you can buy larger quantities of 120 x 250mg(Acetyl L Carn)/200mg(Alpha Lipic Acid combination. With the added advantage that they're supplied in "letterbox friendly" containers - removing the need to be at home for, or missing deliveries and having to pick up from the postal depot - www.health4all-uk.co.uk.

Hope that's helpful.

Also, I introduced these tabs to a good friend of mine, who's suffered with M.E. for years. The results for her have been quite astounding !! She's bouncing around like a Spring lamb, and not suffered any relapses or flare ups since starting them.

Lotsa love to everybody here

Dellywellydingdong xxxx

blueash
Community Champion

I gather that chemo seriously depletes your resources of carnatine and that animal protein (meat, cheese etc) is the main source. Some of us might be heeding advice to have a more vegetable based diet - I know I was hence we are not replacing our lost stores which is why we feel so ill.

I bought these from Amazon and take one tablet twice a day:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000AR8PUU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

After a couple of weeks on them I feel great.

blueash
Community Champion

I have been following the advice of a poster on here and taking some supplements. After just two weeks I do feel a great deal better. The poster was takeadeepbreath and this is what she posted:

Most cancer patients are deficient in L carnitine and the research listed below all say that supplementation reduces fatigue – and improves mood.  

1. Safety, Tolerability and Symptom Outcomes Associated with l-Carnitine Supplementation in Patients with Cancer, Fatigue, and Carnitine Deficiency: A Phase I/II Study in the Journal of Pain and Symptom Management. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0885392406005549

The conclusion said “Most of the patients who received l-carnitine experienced improved fatigue, mood, and sleep.”  

1. l-carnitine supplementation for the treatment of fatigue and depressed mood in cancer patients with carnitine deficiency Ann NY Acad Sci, 1033 (2004), pp. 168176

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1196/annals.1320.016/abstract

Sapphicbird

Hi everyone,

First of all thank you. I was beginning to think that I was going mad. I was diagnosed in Jan 2015, had chemo and surgery in August 2015, with 3 weeks of rads in Oct, 2015 and then three weekly Herceptin until May 2016. I went back to work in Oct 2015 and had a pretty good year- sure I was tired but overall did ok. Now, since September, 2016 I seem to be permanantly exhausted, catch any sniff of a germ and at the moment am feeling nauseus and dizzy. GP says 'vertigo', though I had this in Sept- more tablets but surely this doesn't address the cause. I feel so frustrated and like the GP isn't really hearing me- or that I have turned into some sort of raving hyperchondriac... Is there anyone else out there with similar??? If this is me post cancer...well, it just isn't me! I thought i had it, dealt with it and then my merry little life would continue??? Any advice? 

DizzyDee
Community Champion

Thank you so much Swirly for sharing that. I'm dego going to give that a go 💗
Swirly

Hi Ladies,

My nemisis is also the fatigue aches and pains/flu like symptoms and have recently discovered the idea of trigger point pilates following a visit to a physio and it's really helping and wanted to share. It's basically self massage using balls and rollers to apply pressure. There are lots of videos online to get the idea, but swap the knobbly rollers and balls for smooth ones to reduce the intensity so it's not painful and you're well away. I use a childs rubber ball and focus on my thighs and bum. Simply lying length ways on the roller with it running down your spine is glorious. It releases tension in the neck, shoulders and chest without straining. 

It's making a huge difference, I'm not waking up in as much pain and I'm finding it easier to move around. It'd be great if I could afford a regular massage, but this is a close second, I can do it whenever and makes me feel like I'm doing somthing to help myself to recover. Definiately worth a look.

Best wishes x

delly

Hey again Dizzy,

I believe "Maggie" did too. Yes Thatcher!! But I don't wanna get into a political debate. Dizzy - You keep romancing with your romance woman. Long may it continue. Must be serious to take/make such a massive geographical move. Whoohoo for you darlin.

Dellywelly xxx

DizzyDee
Community Champion

To all you lovely ladies,
The fatigue is a bit crap but it does get better. Besides which remember girls we are fantabulous!!! If we can survive BC we can do anything!!!! Albeit after a good nap!!!! But what I say is if its good enough for Winston Churhill its good enough for us. During WW2 campaign he regularly took an afternoon snooze!!! Hugs xxxxx
delly

Good on yer Scarf Lady - and a warm WELCOME.

I'd like to know WHO owns this MILL?? It needs some serious work and alterations - don't ya think !!

Hope you're all doing okay

Doolally xxxx

Scarf lady

So good reading all your replies.  It makes me feel less of a wimp.  I think we all expect too much of ourselves.  I certainly did.  Finished treatment in March this year and expected to be back to usual activities and routines. I am not!  Just driven 2 and a half hours back from the coast and I am shattered! Managed a morning walk (3miles) but that is all I did.  We must not expect too much of ourselves EVER.  We've all been through the mill!

delly

I'm currently looking into Match.com dating site. And I'm NOT matching ANY of you to at all - . . . .

xxxx 

delly

Hey - don't knock yourself. You all sound bloomin wonderful to me. TRUELY

xxxx and some more xxxxx

riversidedawn

Dizzy I have to have an afternoon siesta and I don't work full time! Just getting myself and the kids ready and off to school, followed by dog walk and may be a couple of hours work and/or yoga and that sees me done for the day! So frustrating
DizzyDee
Community Champion

Haha delly thats pure and simple fatigue for my spelling mistakes.!!! Dont know about you ladies but after a full days work i have to have an afternoon siesta!!! Xxxx
delly

I even understood all your spelling mistakes, me dear x
delly

Whoohoo Dizzy!! Absobloomin fantastic and loooong may IT and your happiness CONTINUE
xxxxx
DizzyDee
Community Champion

To all you lovely ladies. I'm a year post treatment and know exactly what you mean. You have to accept the new you! I went theough my treatment alone and it was scary a whirlwind like Jackie said. Everyone expects you to be back to normal whatever that is. Found ot particularly hatd at work but thats another story!!!!

I dont want the old Normal Dizzy Dee back good riddance to her, wasting her life swesting and worrying about trival things that dont really matter. I embrave the new Fizzy Dee whos determined to life what life she had to the full!!!! After treatment I met an American ex marine and tbings went really well. I move over to Washington DC tnis August as have got a teaching job over there. Hang in there girls there is no way the pre BC Dizzy Dee would have grabbed life bu the balls!!! Now i do and i dont give a stuff!!! Heres to hot flushes, menopausal maddness and really living and apprecisting life!! 💗💗💗💗
delly

cRe: Still feeling soooooo tired :-(

Well, my goodness, 

Look at all you amazing women coming together here, for group therapy, cos that's basically what it is, and what this Forum's all about. And why it's so dear to my heart.. Has helped "pull me up" many a time.

Doesn't it make such a huge difference to chat to people who DO KNOW, have directly experienced and ARE experiencing what you are. I know it's through the ether and not quite the same as face to face contact, but it still and CAN all help.

I'm often saying, I truely take my hat off to you chemo-ers. Facing and dealing with just the Diagnosis and surgery is difficult enough, without your body being bombarded by powerfully strong drugs and radiation.

WE keep talking about the "NORMAL YOU", and those around us who haven't experienced BC keep talking about the "NORMAL YOU". The truth to me is - after what we've experienced, we're not ever likely to get or go back to what we used to consider "normal" for ourselves.

I think we have to learn to accept that we have a NEW and DIFFERENT "normal" than we USED to HAVE. Do you think.

Jane - I made a point of reading "The Spoon Theory" - excellent stuff. Plus, I felt very sorry for the girl who wrote it.

Keep kicking lovely ladies

Loadsa love

Delly xxxxxx 

JackieM74

Yep, i know where your coming form kellyjo71, I'm tired achey and irratable not to mention no patience even after a simple food shopping trip. I have to take my car now ( used to go in a friends car) as i have to cut it short most of the time to come home because of the aches. I'm a house wife with  children at home, 19yr old triplets and a 14 yr old. They do help a lot but i have no energy what so ever. And yep i'm now 42 but feel 82. My breast care nurse said the aches could take up to a year to go (it's almost that now) but no sign of them getting better yet. Simple things like light housework with tire me out and then after i stop bad knees ankles and sometimes wrists. I also put on a face for ppl as they expect me to be fine now, and it's too much trouble to try and explain to them that i'm not really fine. Have you got close family that can help you out? And your definatley not alone either. Smiley Wink

delly

Re: Still feeling soooooo tired :-( and no patience at all!!

Jackie - Oooomph, me and a WHOLE loada peeps are THERE with you darlin.

Have a look at MORE sections/threads on here. A good one being "Just Diag and wanting to talk to people who understand". Says it ALL in the title. 

WHAT was your SCARE 3 weeks ago?? Did you find a lump or change??

AND what it is you have "NO Patience with"?? Is it that you get niggly at other peoples complaints?, when you have been through a massive, major life threatening disease? and wish other people would be grateful that they haven't etc.etc.????

Talk to us Jackie. Be more specific.You're in a place where you can FREELY VENT darlin. So LET RIP if you wanna.

I think you'd be very surprised at how much help, sympathy, EMpathy and understanding you will receive from we "fellow women" here. None judgemental too - cos this disease/experience throws up all sorts of stuff that can cause you to behave in all sorts of ways that you may NOT have done prior to it. E.G. - 'I' too find myself less tolerant of certain things or certain peoples behaviour.

I so "GET" that YOU thought YOU'D get back to normal. Forget that and espesh what  ANYONE else thought/hoped. They're NOT YOU and haven't been through what YOU have. Right now, you need to relate to OTHERS WHO HAVE. Girl, are you in the right place. Give it some time posting on here. I'm totally SURE/KNOW!!!! it'll be of help to you.

Do you have a partner/husband/wife in all this? Or are you on your ownio? I can totally "get" you feel "out of place". If there is no-one else in your life that has been through what YOU have, you're bound to. Therefore, you have no-one to relate to, and that can be a very LONELY place. UNDERSTOOD here.

A good, positive move you've made for yourself - just putting a post on here. We're HERE for you. Keep posting, keep us in touch with how you're doing. We WANT to know, and will try to help in ANY poss way we can.

Have I convinced you?? Get typing woman. Give us all you've got and I promise we'll GIVE you ALL we've got.

Loadsa love, a loooong Delly hug and xx's

Dellywellydingdong xxxx 

JackieM74

Re: Still feeling soooooo tired :-( and no patience at all!!

Hey Guys....was diognosed on Dec 30/2014 aged 40 with triple negative. Finished chemo may/ 2015,  almost a year now and still feeling tired and have no patience what so ever. I think everyone expected me to get back to normal i did too, but i really have'nt.( plus i had a bit of a scare 3 weeks ago but mamo and scan was fine) I'm finding it hard to be honest,... to...get over the fact i had this disease went through all that trauma of chemo, lumpectomy then 3 weeks of radio. it was like ..how can i explain it...a whirlwind!  Now everything should be normal...right? Nope!! I can't explain how i feel...if i could i think i could do something about it. I feel out of place. Does any1 else? xx

riversidedawn

Claire, I'm right there with you! Also dx in sept 2014, chemo October to April 2015, recon in may, rads in July. So I'm about 2 months post treatment and absolutely exhausted.

I'm older than you at 48, have kids aged 10 and 13. Was made redundant mid chemo and no where near ready to look for a new job.

I'm doing yoga and combat classes to try to re-energise, and the odd bit of riding, but have to have an afternoon nap before school run and dinner, homework etc.

I had a full blood count to check no underlying deficiencies, all clear so just a post chemo/rads thing.

It's tough when everyone thinks you look well and treatment is over. The spoons theory is very good!

So not looking forward to Christmas stress but picked up the first few stocking fillets this week.

Keep in touch to share tips and progress xx
delly

Hi Claire

It might be worth taking yourself to your GP, explaining your concerns about your tiredness and having blood tests done. It could possibly be something as simple as anaemia or another "lack of". Hope that is all it is and iron or other vitamin tabs + diet changes do the trick

xx 

Claire Hardy

Oh should have said I was off work for 20 months in total (inc my mat leave which was cut short) and I work in a hospital so the emotional side of seeing patients can also come into play.
Claire Hardy

Coming into this discussion in 2015! Looking for answers as to why I feel so tired. Diagnosed with primary bc Sept 2014, lumpectomy Oct, strong chemo Nov -March 2015, Radio April and currently on 3 weekly herceptin. Diagnosed when my baby was 9 months old (he's now nearly 2 yrs) and I was on mat leave. Just back to work (15 hrs a week) and feel absolutely shattered!! Far worse than I did post op, during chemo or radiotherapy. Feeling a bit hacked off cos feel like after over 2 years upheaval (some nice as in having a baby) i thought things were getting back on track and i was getting back to myself (and also there's the worry that there's more to the tiredness). I'm 37 and was pretty fit before all this (even during pregnancy) and even managed to get back to aerobics after my radiotherapy. I can see from other people's posts that it takes a long time to get back fully to feeling well but I felt ok for most of my treatment. Anyone else had this time delay?
Guest user
Not applicable

Have been reading your posts with interest. Hope you don't mind. I had my DX in May 2010 followed by surgery, chemo and rads. Am now on Tamoxifen. Due to go for my annual mammagram next Tuesday and since I have received the appointment I have really wobbled. I am feeling very low and tearful and just don't want to be bothered with anything. Last year it didn't bother me probably because I just saw the mammagram as proof that the treatment had worked. This year I am so scared that they are going to find another tumour (probably because my first breast cancer was only detected by mammogram). Not a day goes by without me thinking about breast cancer and I worry about every ache and pain. I feel exhausted most of the time and don't recognise the person I have become. I have also lost all my confidence and find it difficult to make decisions without questioning myself. This is not good as my full time job involves me constantly making decisions and planning ahead. I have days when my head feels as if it has been stuffed with cotton wool and my short term memory is chronic. I told my BC nurse all of this and she tried to reasure me that this is all normal but she also suggested that I speak to people who have been through it. Please tell me I am not going mad!
trudy2010

Echo SamLee

SamLee

Having just read all the posts above I think it is really early days for all of you (and me included). I was diagnosed in November 2010, had 4xAC and 4xTaxol chemo each 2 weeks apart, then had surgey followed by 4 weeks of rads. I went back to work full time in August last year whilst still having Herceptin every 3 weeks. And like you all had everyone assuming that I was fine. But whilst I managed to keep it all together work wise, it is only in the last month, having finished Herceptin in February this year that I have started to feel more normal. I am not quite as shattered at the end of the week as I was at the start, and interestingly enough a lady I work with who went through all this 6 years ago said I now looked like I had lost the greyness of cancer treatment from around my face. I hadn't noticed it but she obviously could tell having been through the same herself. So my advice, is tell anyone who hasn't been through it where to go and what to do when they get there, and stop being so hard on yourself. In the whole scheme of things, if you want to flop on the sofa just exactly what is the problem with that???

kiwijan

I'm SO glad I came across your post cos I feel just like you! I had MX last November, then chemo and now on hormone therapy - this is a recurrence for me as 16 years ago I had a lumpectomy, rads and tamoxifen. I finished my chemo at the end of April and thought that after a month or so I would be raring to go back to work and normal life - not so! I am usually so positive and loads of energy - no kids at home like you - but 2 jack russells that need walking twice a day which is normally not a problem - oh and a supportive partner so what have I got to moan about?? But some days I just feel so unmotivated, no energy and can stare at rubbish on TV or just into space for hours - ridiculous! I am under no pressure to go back to work but feel I should really be starting to think about it but the thought just makes me feel depressed - all the palaver of wig, make-up to look half decent having hardly any eyebrows or eyelashes and the commute into London - no thanks!! We are going for a holiday in a couple of weeks so perhaps I'll be re-energised when we get back. So, sorry to rant and moan cos you have far more on your plate than me specially with your long hours and 2 teenagers to look after - only advice I can give is to only do as much as you possibly have to and any shortcuts you can make like easy or ready meals might make a difference. I guess we are all different on how long it takes us to start feeling normal again so just don't beat yourself up about it - see I can tell you but can't tell myself - its like a guilt thing - like you say - people say "oh well your chemo is finished now you should be fine to get back to normal now" but it doesn't feel like that to me!
I hope you have family and friends that you can be totally honest with and explain exactly how you feel. There is a video on here my Macmillan - a bloke called Denton talking about his experience with fatigue after cancer surgery which is quite interesting - just confirmation that it is real and not just in our heads!
Lots of hugs!
Jan

Guest user
Not applicable

It's really early days for you yet. It takes a while to feel anything like normal.
I read somewhere (can't remember where) that it takes a month for every month of treatment before you START feeling like yourself, and I would say that's about right.
I had treatment for 8 months and it was about that time afterwards before I felt anything like myself. I didn't really feel 'back-to-normal' until 18 months plus. It's a gradual process and you don't notice it immediately. but it does take quite a while.
Go easy on yourself. Your body has gone through hell, and it needs time to recover. Don't expect miracles.
It will come though.
GIJaneH

You are SOOO normal! My Onc wouldn't tlet me go back to work until AT Least 4 weeks post rads and I left it 6... then thought I would be fine... Was I kidding? I was so tired, had cotton wool where I used to have a brain, and got SO fed up with not feeling normal. I kept saying to my lovely BCN "How long does it take"? As long as it takes, was all I got -not very helpful! (I was diagnosed in late March last year, finished treatment end September) Somewhereh along the line I read that it takes our bodies as long to recover as they spent being battered. For me, that meant I might expect to feel normal by Easter this year. And I do. More or less. I certainly feel loads more like I used to, and with some "bounce back" ability too. So, yes, that is a year, and you probably don't want to hear that, but please be gentle with yourselves. hang on in there.... Jane xx
PS I put on a link to "the spoon theory", but it has been removed. If you put that in your search engine, you should find it. If not, PM me. I heard about it on here and found it more than useful in the slow recovery phase - it helped me to cope...if ever you read in a thread that one of us has "run out of spoons", you'll understand! Benchland has a permanent stock! J xx

Bettie

Hi, I'm popping in from the March chemo thread, hope you don't mind. I really feel for you ladies. No-one, unless they've been through it can understand the exhaustion that you get from all the treatment. I'm due for my third chemo next week (6 in total) then rads for a month and Tamoxifen. It is exhausting and I just can't imagine how it is for you all when the treatment ends. Its a lot of treatment. I think people basically mean well but in all honesty havn't a clue what its like unless they've been through it.
I hope your tiredness eases and that we get a decent summer which will make all of us feel better.
Bettie

Crabbit

Hugs Kelly,

No wonder you are worn out! You have so much on your plate. I just want to send you a huge hug!

I just wanted to say that I am struggling too and I haven't had chemo to go through so heaven knows!

I was out with friends on Friday and admitted to them that I feel worse now than when I was 'ill'. I had surgery 31 Aug 2011, finished 4 weeks of RADS in November and started a phased return beginning on 50% and back properly by mid December.

Now I am so, so tired and it's getting me down. I look beeping awful, sunken eyes with rings around them. I only work 8 until half four/five and by the time I've cooked tea and tidied I just want to go to bed.

By the time my wee boy is in bed I am well passed exercising. At least when I was off sick I managed to jog 3 or 4 times a week and I know that doing nothing isn't helping.

Keep wondering if low dose AD will give me any more oomph? Anyone tried with success?

Carolyn xx