Still not really happy!

Hi all we t to hospital today for a mammogrammand ultrasound of my boob that has been bleeding for the last month or so.

My results from the mammogram were normal and nothing was seen, yet on my ultrasound scan, they found two black circles… which i wasnt happy with.

They told me not to worry as it could be an enlarged duct…But need to have a procedure done with a needle into my nipple!

I feel slightly relieved, but still totally worrying about these two black circles!

Im 33 years old and have had milk coming from my boobs since I was 16… just the bleeding happend recently…

So scared, help!

Hi jooetegenn
I was 35 when i had my tests done in april. Apparantly the mammogram isnt that great for women under 35 due to density of breast tissue. As i was borderline they also did an ultrasound. The needle thing is a bit unpleasant tho not so bad as it sounds, but i would recommend you don’t drive yourself to it - i did and it was a bit tricky driving home! They took about 3 samples from my lump and i waited about a week for results.
I didn’t experience any other symptoms except the lump so can’t help you with any advice about the symptoms you have been experiencing i’m afraid.
Just wanted to let you know the procedure with the needle isn’t as traumatic as it sounds a d wish you the best of luck with your results.xx