Still waiting......

I found my lump over a month ago which was confirmed as BC but find I am waiting for at least a week at a time for results and still am no closer to treatment. Had an MRI yesterday and thought I would be going to oncologist next week but its back to the consultant again. Having chemo first and just want to get started. Does it always take so long? Should I start shouting or am I just being impatient??

Hi Karen
Sorry you’ve found yourself here. The waiting is by far the worst part and at the start of this journey there always seems to be more waiting than doing
When I was dx in August I had an MRI then back to the consultant where we discussed my options and set a date for surgery. I opted for surgery first (had mx mid Sept) then chemo rads herceptin and tamoxifen so I didnt meet my oncologist til early Oct when I was ready to start chemo. The guidelines are 30 days (I think and they are only guidelines!) from dx to starting treatment so you will probably find out more when you see your consultant. My consultant involved me through the whole process so it might be worth looking at the different options so you are prepared for the questions and make decisions that are best for you. There’s lots of waiting but when they get all the info they need things can move quite quickly.
Don’t forget the lovely ladies on here are always here to help and there is no such thing as a daft question so ask away whatever it is
Best wishes
L4W

It may be that you have the option of surgery first rather than chemo post MRI…
Waiting is horrible, I was dx in april but still no treatment plan although i am post MX…

I was diagnosed on 25th April and have been through all the scans etc. I start chemo first on 13th june ti shrink tumour, then surgery more chemo then rads. Thw qaiting is the worst but hey at least we live in a country where folk do give a damn. xxxPauline.

Hi Karen, I am waiting too, Dx beginning of May , have had ultrasounds biopsy, MRi, ssentinal node and another failed biopsy as couldn’t find what they were looking for. No plan and only an imaginery date of MId July for either a Mx or WLE. This is only because I asked for something to pin my plans on. Does anyone else feel I am waiting too long? and what can I do? The consultant and her PA even discussed target times in front of me. 62 days was mentioned.