Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stomach fat into breast

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Stomach fat into breast

Hi Sally,

Are you happy with the result? I'm considering having it done as i have a smaller breast after WLE and a bit of a dent in it. Read somewhere they can take the fat from the thighs as well as the stomach. I also read somewhere that you can 'lose' the fat and the procedure may have to be repeated.

Highlighted

Hi Foxy
I'm still waiting for the consultant to get back to me with the price. I'm in the York NHS trust area. I believe the procedure is carried out at Leeds but I'm not sure of the referal process. I have every confidence in my original consultant so am a bit reluctant to move.

Highlighted

Hi...I had a lumpectomy last September and have an appointment with a plastic surgeon on 19th July to discuss lipofil. As far as I know I can get this on the NHS. I live in Southport. If my appointment is before yours I will let you know what I am told. I was told I had to wait until after my mammogram in September before they will do any reconstruction. I'm sure I will need a breast lift on the other side too as I will be lopsided! Hope that they do that at the same time.

Highlighted

Hi FoxyLoxy and Cadi,

Cadi - I've replied to your post on BC Pals - I had lipofill from my DIEP recon into my IGAP recon, so not from stomach. I had this done privately in Norwich, so can't tell you how much it cost - sorry!

Sallyx

Highlighted

Hi Cadi,

Thank you for your reply. Could you possibly let me know how much it costs to have the procedure just in case my local NHS doesn't cover it?

Hope you don't mind me asking but which local NHS do you come under?

Many thanks and good luck with everything 🙂

Foxy x

Highlighted

The procedure is called lipofill and I'm hoping to have it done soon. My problem is that my local NHS won't pay for it so I have to go privately and am waiting to find out the cost. I googled lipofill and found quite a bit of information. I don't know anybody who's had it done though. After the lipofill I hope to have my other breast reduced and lifted.

Highlighted

Stomach fat into breast

Hi Ladies,

Has anyone heard of the surgery where the surgeon takes some fat from your stomach and injects it into the area of the breast where you've had the lumpectomy (spelling??)I thought I had read it on here and wanted some more information to take along to my breast surgeon in a few weeks. I am sure that I read that someone had, had that and then they had had the other breast lifted?

Any advice would be most apprecaited.

Foxy x