Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping Tamoxifen

1 REPLY 1
Jill1998
Community Champion

Re: Stopping Tamoxifen

Hi Laura,I have definitely read posts from women on the site about taking a break from Tamoxifen in order to get pregnant.If you search under pregnancy and Tamoxifen you should bring up some relevant threads .I think everyones situation will be different in terms of the risks of reoccurrence this may subject them to.Hopefully your Oncologist will be able help you way up the pros and cons.It may be worth reposting your question in the hormone therapy section of the site and mention the words pregnancy in your title ,may get more helpful responses .Good luck hope you manage to successfully add to your family.
Laura_loo22

Stopping Tamoxifen

Hi, I am new to the forum and just want a bit of advice really, sorry this may be a long post!!
I know ultimately I need to speak to the consultant but I would love to hear from anyone in similar situations.

I am 32 years old and was diagnosed with widespread DCIS 3 years ago. It has not spread anywhere Initially and was non invasive but due to the level of it (Hugh) I had a mastectomy and reconstruction.
After surgery the results showed that i had a very small amount of invasive. I can't remember exact details but I think it was grade 1 and only about 7mm.
My consultant said that despite it actually turning out to be invasive the surgery has removed everything and in effect I was cancer free. The tests also showed that the cancer was hormone receptive so I was prescribed tamoxifen for ten years to reduce the risk of it returning.

I have been on tamoxifen now for 2 years. I have a 12 year old daughter and have always wanted more children. In fact before I git diagnosed we had discussed trying fit another. I am now 32 and starting to think about more children. If I get to my 40's before I can come off tamoxifen then that's the baby idea out the window. I am keen to have more children but don't want to put myself at a massive risk if u stopped taking tamoxifen to do so
Has anyone been in this situation? Feeling a bit lost with it all