cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

I've come over all John McEnroe-ish, if you get my meaning, Carole. YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!! Bloomin' hospitals - you must be crawling the walls. I'm sure you're like me - can't stand to think that somebody else knows more about me than I do. Apart from that, I'm speechless, just making Mutley sort of noises to myself. (((hugs)))

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Carole - they are really not being fair to you at all, lots of advice there from fellow SRs and another one here to add to all the positive vibes for you.

Well done Gennie, such good news for you.

Ros, cant you change one of the names on the list to yours!!

Love and Hugs

Clare X

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry to hear you're being p**ed around so much Carole - in the past I've found that chucking a glass bottle very hard at a hard target ( such as a tree ) helps immensely - just make sure it's not on your property so you don't tread on the shards. Alternatively find a glass recycling receptacle and wang something in that.
Oh dear that makes me sound like a right thug, but it helped a lot when my husband's dementia nearly drove me nuts.
Also glad to hear one more over the one-year hurdle, Gen, and hope Theresa's results go well too. Nobody seems to want to poke me about, so that's OK by me.
Hatchet-man at work has just published his latest cull-list ( 51 jobs ), but I'm not on this one either - didn't realise how necessary I was ! I will be applying for early retirement some time soon but it seems I need to do some saving - HMRC have in their infinite wisdom given me 2 personal allowances which means they are now claiming rather a lot of back-tax ( isn't life great ) Just how do people get away with things ?
Any way , lunch break is more than over , so tatty-bye, and all the best to everyone - Ros xx

horace

Carole ıt mıght be worth rıngıng your GP-ıf the results are in they will have had a letter.If so they wıll tell you before next Tuesday.Its not fair to make you waıt.I am typıng thıs from Turkey so hope ıt works ok.Lots of love to you all.
Valx

kittenkat

Carole - as Helen says....you're surrounded by us lot vibing away here.....GGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRing away too on your behlf and sending mega (((((hugs))))) mary xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,

What a load of c**p you're havng to put up with Carole! Grrrrrrrrrrrr for you! Remember though that when I had my biopsy I had to go into Bath hospital for the results a week later, they wouldn't do it by phone. I was in and out in no time so they could have done it over the phone, it may be that your hospital too is so wrapped up in pro bl**dy cedures that they forget the human factor.

Big hugs, Di xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Bl**dy bl**dy hell Carole!! Next Tuesday now!!!!Don't they understand that the waiting is excrutiating!!! Just can't believe how they have messed you around....up then down...You go and punch a pillow a few times and then find a field to scream in aaaagghhh....whether you feel the good vibes or not Carole you are surrounded by them and we are all with you girl!!!

Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Carole - so sorry that they are taking so long... and hope so much you are wrong and it will still turn out to be a cyst... {{{hugs}}}

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Pesky varmints are taking their time. No results till next Tuesday, just a phone call to make the appointment for, you guessed it, next Tuesday. Let me just get something off my chest.

I think they have the results right now, it is cancer, and they need to get me up there to talk treatment. Apparently it's "procedure" to call everyone in whether it's a cyst or worse. So they expect to have the results in next Tuesday. Oh they do do they? So I traipse all the way up there, and then they say, oops sorry, they didn't come in after all. Yeah, right.

Stuck with it. Obviously I can ask till I'm blue in the face and all they'll say is, "we don't have the results", and, "it's procedure".

Harumph!

Sorry folks, I am getting more than a tad p***ed off now. I'm going to disappear till next Tuesday so the steam coming out my ears doesn't blow the electronics. Will let you all know.

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning everyone...:D

Nothing much to report here...:D

Carole - hope all goes well with the results... {{{hugs}}}

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all...yipee Gen thats great news! Carole if its today you get your results...great vibes coming your way...Theresa good vibes your way too.
Di really pleased you can now make it to the meet...and Martina it will be lovely to see you at last!! Will just miss all the SRs who can't make it this time...but hey there will be another meet up I'm sure....
Sal..you are right about the chipper thing....and the reason for it!!
Got some things to work out now.
Victoria hope the healing is beginning to look a healthy pink once again...take care.

I lurvvved the avatar film...felt real special!!!Quite upbeat beings, although at times they were a bit 'blue' hehehe

have a good day all
Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all. I am looking forward to meeting you in 10 days time. Have booked my flights and started packing already. Hypnotherapy for the heatwaves!! Must sus that out. Seen my oncologist today, alls well she tells me. Let's keep it that way is my thought. My hair is still curly but as everyone keeps telling me it's better than no hair so I've stopped complaining but only out loud :-). Hope you are all doin ok. Catch you later

take care
martina

Eliza

Great news, Gennie! Yes, seeing clips must have been a bit odd.

Hope you don't have to wait too long, Theresa. Still sending the vibes in your direction too, Carole.

Di, what a nuisance that the cortisone doesn't seem to be working. So pleased you think you can make it to the weekend.

I did something similar on the walk front last year, Helen. I was fine on the first half but the return section finished me off.

How did you get on with the tarpaulin, Sandra?

Love to all,
Eliza xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Chuckle! The film "Avatar". 😄

Guest user
Not applicable

hi all,

Brilliant news Gen, I picked it up earlier on FB! Theresa, everything crossed for the news we want for you too.

Carole - am I being a Numpty and missing a hidden message, all I can see is a lovely avatar photo, your hair looks a-maz-ing!

I have had a down couple of days, I hope (in the nicest possible way) that you all get like it occasionally then I won't feel so bad. I had a lovely day out in Bath planned with a friend but we ended up coming home at lunchtime as I was in such pain with my foot and shoulder. The cortisone doesn't seem to be working so it's referal to the surgeon next for my shoulder, he'll probably remember me from a couple of years ago when I had the other shoulder operated on.

Helen, I think you should go for the Storm Rider motif tattoo!

You do yoga then Sal, my you are a fit gal aren't you? I did yoga a few years ago but the woman behind me always had an upset tummy (if you know what I mean) and I was down wind of her! It put me off a bit 🙂

Hope TOO has got away safely and is toasting her son's birthday in style.

Hope you tamed the tarp Sandra, what a picture you paint!

Victoria, like Gen I had slow wound healing, due to a seroma and had to keep having it drained but we got there eventually, I know it seems like forever at the time though so gentle hugs to you.

Jacq, I'm sure your op will go fine, as with these things it's the waiting that's the worst isn't it?

Can't read back any further so apologies if I missed anyone's news, big hugs to everyone waiting for results/tests...and everyone not too, Love Di xxx

Edited to correct spelling...oops

Guest user
Not applicable

One word.

Cxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Phew, phew and double phew. Great news Gen! I'm sure everyone feels that they are the one who will get the dreaded recurrence, but statistically I suppose most of us won't, so we worry unnecessarily. Hypnotherapy eh? Might have to look into that. One day on reduced dose of clonidine and I was roasting away nicely last night! I remember your battle with your wound too Gen and sympathise Victoria, but I'm sure you'll get there in the end.

Glad your scan went well Theresa and I hope the results come soon.

I hope you're not still tangled up in green and white tarp Sandra. I have a lovely image in my head. lol.

Your sounding more chipper Helen. It must be the fact that school's gone back and you haven't! Good luck with the tattoo.

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow Carole. I hope you hear and that it's good news all the way. I'm in the group hug too.

Right, off for a sit down before I go to yoga. I've just butchered a hedge which had collapsed in the snow, so I think I need to put my feet up for a bit. The hedge looks pretty grim at the moment, but I'm sure it will recover.

Thinking calm thoughts for you all ...... Ommm.

Gennie

Hi all

Mammo all done, saw the surgeon 15 mins later (the joys of private healthcare) and am pleased to report I am also arriving home with NED. The weird area IS hard, but it's scarring where he tethered the breast tissue by the axilla scar. The general firmness and skin thickening is all rads damage. He showed me the pictures of the mammo and there was nothing there at all to see. I could see a couple of clips he'd put on major blood vessels in my armpit, which was weird!

Soooo he said we'll now leave well alone and he'll see me in a year all being well. He has suggested hypnotherapy for the hot flushes (he's a hypnotherapist as well apparently) so I'm pondering whether to go for that rather than down the medication route.

Phew!!

Victoria - my lumpectomy wound took aaaaages to heal because part of it burst open a couple of weeks after surgery when a heamatoma found it's way out. Then I had a huge seroma that kept leaking out of the open bit. In fact I had to delay starting chemo because of it. It was a couple of months before it completely healed - frustrating and messy I know so I do sympathise. Hang on in there.

Theresa, I'm glad your scan went ok and fingers crossed for speedy and good results!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello everyone...:D

Safely home - in the end I got back to the house about 2 minutes after David...:D Scan was the fine - it was the usual the results will be sent to your onc...

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

afternoon all...walk was too long...ok getting there, always forget the walk back!! so resting up this afternoon....

Good luck with your green and white striped stall Sandra...you go girl!
Jacq...I heal and always have healed really well...thats been a plus for me. But they do know what they are doing...really don't worry. I had a diep...so the recon was tummy tissue and the nipple was already there!! Yep the circle of tummy tissue on my breast, was made into a new nipple...a bit like origami! Yours may be different but I really think you will be just fine...honest injun!!!!

have a good day all...hope results for those that are expecting them are good...

Helenxxx

Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh dear it's just not plain sailing for the Storm Riders at the mo. Oodles of good luck for Carole and Theresa and Gennie. Really hope your wound starts to behave itself soon Victoria,I know how impatient I was just to get on and get better after surgery,hmm have to work on the patience is a virtue a bit more.

Good luck with coming off those pesky drugs Sal,hope the side effects aren't too bad and after your ooph perhaps you will be in a better place with your fatigue.

Val(TOO) hope you arrive in Turkey safely and have a great holiday and I've got enough sky lanterns for everyone so we can either set them all off Fri or do half on Saturday too .

Val(SL)big hugs for you and hope that you are turning the corner,I think all our emotions are very much up and down and it doesn't take much to knock us off kilter,hope you are feeling a bit more perky soon.

Sorry to hear about your Aunt Jacq,pffft families !

Enjoy your walk and the sun Helen,I'm offski to wrestle with a huge big green and white striped tarpaulin and swear a lot !

Sandra x

notyetinthebox

Oooh, good luck for that, Helen - you can tell me all about it. When I go in next month for the uplift on the 'good' side, they're doing the nipple on the recon side at the same time. The only thing I'm worried about with that, is that they can do it without touching the LD flap, because - oh, this is so gorey for first thing in the morning - the recon boob seems absolutely full up with it, and I can't manage to lift any skin up at all. I know they're experts, but I had such a to-do with that recon healing, I can imagine everything just splitting wide open. What d'you think? xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all....soothing vibes to all with appointments today or tomorrow...including Theresa, Gen and Carole....

Here's another one for you Jacq.re recon boobs... I'm having my 'tattoo' done around my new nipple..as it happens next Friday morning when the meet is...but it'll be a nothing of a job and a walkaway one at that! So still on schedule for the meet...Then thats my new breast completely finished with.. yipee ki ay! It was 'done' on the 20th of April last year...so just a year+ in total....not bad going....
Was joking that I might have a butterfly done there instead...but might confuse my OH if I did snigger snigger!!!

well its walkies time for me...

Have a good day all
Helenxxx

notyetinthebox

Good luck for today Theresa, you too Gennie and Carole.

Glad to hear your mending steadily Victoria, putting the fear of God into me though, 'cos I think it's the same as what I'm having done at the end of May 😞

Gawd, I thought we were all nearly done - those hospitals certainly don't want to lose touch with any of us - do they?

Here's to a good one for all of us .... xxJacqxx.

Guest user
Not applicable

Gennie - hope all goes well today... xxx

Carole - not sure if you are due to hear today or tomorrow? Sending loads of love...

I will be off soon to Newcastle - i've decided to take along a couple of books and will buy a magazine if i get bored... i did think about going into Newcastle in the three hour gap - will see when i get there... Change of plan - Nigel is going to stay here to work from home and will be here for David getting home from school... (there is lots going on at work at the moment as all the depts are having to do lots of work preparing for changes in govt etc... as new people in charge will want lots of reports etc... not sure if i have said he is a government statistician and works on policy...)

Theresa x

smelltheroses

Morning All,

Well, I wrote a post last night, should have been inbetween Sal's and Helen's but it vanished at the click of a button! I will try again tonight.

Off on a course at a nice hotel at the Pier Head today (not an LEA course!). The sun is shining and it is one of my favourite places. It will take my mind off the course content!

Best wishes to all.

Sheila xxx

brightlight28

Good evening SRs,

Well I've just spent the last hour cleaning and dressing my wounds. They look like they are out of a Hammer House of Horror film, but at least they don't seem to be infected. Tomorrow is the plastics dressings clinic which is welcome so that one of the nurses will dress them professionally. I am just wondering how long they are going to take to heal. The bc side has healed perfectly - it is the uplift non bc side where I've got the problems. Has anyone else experienced slow wound healing? Essentially some of the sutures came out too early so the wound separated so I'm assuming the expanded area will need to grow new skin.

Enough of the gore..

I'm sorry to read that your aunt has passed away Jacq, and how tactless it was for your family to plan a party in her honour before she had even departed. Its awful when your family lets you down isn't it.

The very best of luck for tomorrow Theresa, I'll be thinking of you.

Hugs - for your first anniversary Eliza, and hope the further risks of the disease will never materialise.

Not long to go to the ooph Sal.

Wishing everyone the best night possible.

Victoria x

Eliza

Lots of positive vibes for tomorrow's scan, Theresa. Including that you don't get delayed as i seem to remember that the timing is tight for getting back for David. Glad to hear all was good at the GP visit. Hoping all is well with your mammo too, Gennie.

Not much longer to wait now, Sal. At least the pre-op was less odd this time! I'm another who seems to drop off in front of the tv, or realise that too tired to take in what is going on.

Have a wonderful time in Turkey, Val (TOO).

Sorry to hear about your aunt, Jacq, and that she didn't foil their plans!

Val - sl- hope you start to pick up again soon.

Carole, still thinking of you and sending the positive vibes out. Yes, Helen, I too think a group hug is called for as there is so much going on for virtually all of us at the moment.

It is a year ago today since my first post-treatment check-up and I'd hoped to be a good deal further on by now. But that was before all the genetics stuff and ovarian cancer potential reared its head.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Good idea Helen, so I'm joining in the great big group hug.

Clare XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Evening...sorry to hear about your aunt Jaqc..flipping men eh!
Theresa ...things seem to be on the right track with you, good luck with the scan.
Lots of postive vibes Gen...all here with you missus!
Sal not so long for you now...ooph will soon be on its way out..oh yeah! Well at least you gave the clonidine a go Sal...and it could have worked out for you...but if you don't try something you will never know...

{{[hugs}}} to every one who needs them...or how about a group hug...yeah that'll do it!!

Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Wishing you loads of good vibes for tomorrow Gen. We'll all be there with you. Riviera will be stamping her feet in a flamenco sort of way all the way into the clinic. Heaven help anyone who dares to upset her!!

Glad results were good Theresa. Good luck for the scan tomorrow. Onwards and upwards....

Jacq, sorry to hear about your aunt. Men, eh? No wonder the world is such a mess with them running things! As Theresa said, it's always sad, but good that she had such a good innings.

Boy oh boy, they didn't give your Dad much notice Nicky. Especially considering he would have to stop meds. Shame you might have to cut short your weekend.

Ooph is May 6th Carole. I don't think I'll be any different after the ooph Gen. Since the end of July Zoladex has been doing chemically what the ooph will do surgically and I haven't had any decrease in the hot flushes in that 8 months unfortunately. So I don't think my body knows it's supposed to adjust yet. Perhaps I should give it a good talking to. The gynea said I'd feel pretty much the same afterwards as I do now. Anyway decision is made and I'm stopping the clonidine. I have to do it gradually apparently so cutting down this week and stopping next week. The SEs are starting to outweigh the benefits, so I'm kicking it into touch. Why did I ever think I could get away with it? lol

Guest user
Not applicable

Jacq - sorry to hear about your aunt... it is never easy no matter how old the person is or how expected it was... {{{hugs}}}

Theresa x

notyetinthebox

Tut, just got a 'phone call to say that my poor old aunt died on Saturday morning. Was going to see her tonight as well. What wonderful sons she had - 2 and a half days before they let the rest of the family know. Well, I think it best for me not to partake with too much of the nectar next Tuesday, lest my tongue gets the better of me with all of this to-do - gentle soul that I am!!!

notyetinthebox

See, the smiley results wish worked. x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jacq - hope your Aunt doesn't hear...

Just back from the gp and all was good... the bp is now 125/80...:D and the liver function test was fine this time...:D She is going to phone up my onc's secretary in Newcastle to find out the tumour marker result for me...:D

Theresa x

notyetinthebox

Morning Theresa, blimey, I hope my aunt doesn't know. I think she's only awake for short moments, and dosed up with morphine for the remainder of her time.

Lord, that brings back memories - that old going back in 3 hours routine. You have my deepest sympathy, I hated all those scans more than the surgeries. One scan (obviously from over the pond) had a smiley face on it which suddenly lit up and spoke, telling me in a robotic voice "hold your breath". I remember panicking that I couldn't hold it for much longer when it started counting down. Phew .... they might have warned me!

So good luck to all for 'smiley' results this week. Love and hugs, xJacqx.

Guest user
Not applicable

First of all - oh my god Jacq! lol Does your aunt know about all this...? You should go and add that to the "what not to say" (or in this case "do") thread...

So many storm riders with worries and appointments at the moment...:( Sending loads of love to all of you and hoping that we all get good results...

Victoria - today i have just got an appointment with my gp to confirm i am staying on the the brand of bp meds she started me on... will also see if she has had a letter from Newcastle with my tumour marker results... must admit i can't help thinking it is a crazy system when the results of things i have done in Newcastle are not available on the system to my doctors in Northumberland and must result in things having to be done twice - what a waste of money and the poor patient being attacked with needles all the time...

The bone scan is tomorrow... have to be there for 10 am for the radioactive jab and then return 3 hours later for the actual scan... I had the same thing when i was first diagnosed so know what to expect... The painful area in my rib cage is actually very small only about the size of a 10 pence piece - but it is persistant... (it is on my good side - so no rads...) and my left knee is very strange recently... Not sure how long i will have to wait for the results - hopefully not too long...

Theresa x

notyetinthebox

Oh dear, there's a few of us still in the wars aren't there? Lots of airways strength and stuff sent to all of you who need it - getting too many to mention lately, but you know who you are!

What about this then .... I told you about my poorly aunt a little while ago. Well, doctors thought 'it' would be last weekend, but she's still hanging on, bless her. Anyway, my 2 cousins (male!) have booked the funeral for Tuesday week (4th), and - not only that - have also booked the 'do' afterwards at the same place she had her 90th two years ago!

Unbelievable! I said, 'well, they must have ordered all the buffet, etc.', somebody said they'll probably have jellied eels again (the love of my life) - I missed her 90th as was halfway through chemo. So I said, 'sod it, I'm going that day whether she's there or not'.

Gawd, I'll get struck with lightning! Well, you have to laugh, it's sooooo bad it's funny. Sorry, it's a cockney sense of humour thing, can't be helped - I've had it too long to change now. I just hope the poor love rallies round and buggers up their plans.

Love and hugs to all, xJacqx.

brightlight28

Good evening SRs,

Wishing you a safe trip to Turkey Val,

I can relate to the tiredness Gennie - I'm just the same if not worse just now,

Glad the pre-op was okay Sal,

Linda, I wouldn't worry too much about the speed of the scan date, in my hospital they like to fit patients in as soon as possible no matter how serious or routine something isl

Hope you feel better soon Val and that you can completely combat the virus.

You hair is looking lovely Di.

I've had a very quiet weekend, just went for a couple of short walks local and a weekly shop in Sainsburys. My wounds are quite sore still, especially as the dressings nurse likes me to wash out all the 'sloughy bits' as they can slow down the healing process.

Is it your scan tomorrow Theresa, if so I thinking of you and hope the process goes smoothly

Thinking of you all.

Victoria xx

Guest user
Not applicable

MMMwwah! 😉

Gennie

Val(SL) - I know what you mean about being laid low. I had a cold a couple of weeks ago that I have still not fully shaken off. Of course it had to be acquired during the school holidays - I was torn between wanting to make the kids' holidays special when they were such a washout last year due to chemo, and wanting to crawl into my bed. It wasn't even a bad cold, but I'm still fighting it - 8 months after chemo ended.

Sal - I find myself falling asleep in front of the tv more now. Usually it's in the evening - if I lie on one of the sofas that's me gone in minutes, but last week I nodded off sitting upright in front of a programme I really like at 8.30pm. That's not very me at all, but then I find working takes so much more out of me now than it ever did. As for the clonidine issue - I have to say that my flushes are definitely subsiding now (almost 3 months post-op). I had a rough few weeks after the ooph - sometimes I'd have 15 at work in the space of 5 hours! - and I do still have them, but they are definitely receding. Maybe 2 or 3 in the day and a couple in the night that wake me. I think an ooph gives you a huge crash into menopause, but compared to those who gradually slide there the body actually adjusts quicker. Not long to go now and I promise it's a doddle. If you aren't home same day I'll be surprised.

Carole - did we not always say it would be you and me who had a tricky transition over the border? I feel there's little more I can say without tempting fate but you know what I'm thinking, gal. Big mwahs to you. ;o)

To all - I think of you all many times a day even if I am not posting. I've felt it important to my own psychological recovery to step back a little from this particular site (for now - Tuesday might see me back with a needy vengeance!) but I still love you all as ever. And I see most of you on good old FB. The daughter of a colleague at work and a friend of my boss have both been diagnosed in the last few weeks (there's a lot of it about!) and I've referred them both straight here for help and support. What an amazing bunch of people you are.

Guest user
Not applicable

Val(SL), glad that you had extra time with your daughter but soory that you're not feeling so good at the moment.
Val(TOO) hope that you have a good belated holiday.
We've been at the caravan since Thursday and spent this morning emptying and cleaning it ready to part exchange it tomorrow. We came home mid afternoon so that i could also empty and clean the car which is also being changed tomorrow. On the answer machine were 2 messages to tell my Dad to stop his warfarin yesterday, to be admitted this morning at 10 ready for op on Wednesday. No sooner had we listened to the messages than the hospital phoned to ask if he intended going in! As he had his warfarin both yesterday and today the answer was no. He has now been given a date of admission - 9th of May! It means that I may have to return early from the SR weekend to take him in.
We went to my nieces for the first BBQ of the year, to celebrate my brother in laws birthday. It was wonderful but I couldn't believe how tired I was on the way home. The dogs were worn out too after having about 6 children to play with. One took shelter under the trampoline for a quick rest only to be rudely disturbed by 2 of the kids bouncing on it. She made a quick exit!
Hope evryones had a good weekend. Hugs for everyone having a rough time.
Nicky xx

scottishlass

Just a wee apology for not posting much but I am just not feeling too great just now....ever since I had that awful virus. I am feeling low both mentally and physically and everything is just so much of an effort....I want to do stuff....I make the effort....then end up in bed early where I sleep for hours and hours and hours...oh to feel normal again...my daughter is in the air as we speak on her way home to France. Had a fabulous extra few days with her as her original return flight was cancelled. I go for my new mammogram on Wednesday and if I feel no better by the weekend I will be paying a visit to see my GP or BCNurse. The central heating is to be sorted the week after next and we have to vacate the house.....yes right....so going to hole up outside the house in our caravan where I can keep an eye on them all! I have been following the thread to see how you are all doing. Please forgive me for not posting but everything is just so much of an effort and just wears me out. Love to you all, love Val(SL)

horace

This will have to be my last post for a while as I am off tomorrow night barring earthquakes,volcanoes,tsunamis and engine failure!!I am hoping to be able to read this from Turkey and will be thinking of all of you especially those awaiting tests and results.The last few weeks have shown us that we cant drop our guard...not ever.I have my onc appt on May 11th and already anxious about bloods etc.
Carole I cant wait to read the rest of the story.I wonder if there is a way we could all pay and have it printed and bound so we have permanent copies.
Take care everyone,see some of you on May 7th.
Love TOOxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Chuckle! Just when we thought the Border was going to be easy. Breath Riviera.

By next week, do you mean this week Sal, or first week in May?

Sorry, not posting a lot just now, but reading you all and giving you great big Steely hugs, slaps on the back, and several beers slid down the bar! Look out for the last three instalments of the SR Chronicles. I'm going to try and finish them over the next two or three weeks. Yep, it has to come to a written end some time, but I can promise you an excellent Border crossing! 🙂

Guest user
Not applicable

Lots of expletives were expressed Carole when I read your post, but three days for the results is pretty good at least. Well, better than 2 weeks anyway. I’m crossing fingers with the rest of the SRs and visualizing cysts for you.

Thinking good thoughts for your mil, Theresa and your friend too Debs.

Glad you’ve got the stall sussed Sandra. I hope the car boot went well today.

So glad it’s just an infection Rosie. BC makes hypochondriacs out of all of us I think!

We’ll all be thinking of you on Tuesday, Gen. That weird feeling could just be the new normal for you. Here’s hoping so anyway. We don’t want another SR being speared!

Definitely pace yourself Lizzie – we don’t want you burning out. Your day with your sister sounds lovely. And 6” loss – where do I sign up?? I’ve always looked at those things with suspicion, but they obviously work. And with that sort of loss, you’ll just have to buy a whole load of new clothes. What a result!

I’ve been really busy the last few days and I feel like I’m starting to go down the fatigue route again. It was raining this morning so I thought I’d spend an hour watching the marathon. Fell asleep in the chair at 10:30am! That’s not right. I don’t do falling asleep in chairs. I think it might be the clonidine. It’s working on the flushes, but I’ve switched one sort of sleeplessness for another, so I’m considering whether I carry on with it…….

The pre-op was fine and I was only there 45 minutes. Didn’t have to see a doc this time and when I asked the nurse about that she said “well, most of the gynea ladies are healthy…” I told her I was fit and healthy last year, before they started messing about with me! The bad news is I’m shorter than I thought I was and the heaviest I’ve ever been (except when I was pregnant). So I went into town and had a little retail therapy. I bought some really nice trousers. Only trouble is, they’re about a foot too long, so I’ll have to do the usual and get the scissors, needle and thread out.

Had to spend a couple of hours in A&E today. Had a phone call from daughter, who said someone wearing 6” stilettos had jumped on her foot last night and it was all swollen. Went round and had a look and we decided she ought to get it looked at. So off we went. Luckily no broken bones so she came away with instructions to ice it and keep off it for a couple of days. Phew. I was starting to panic – she’s the one who’s picking me up from hospital next week and staying over because DH is away.

Hope G’s mum isn’t running you too ragged, Jane. Confiscate all flannels and anything else she can use to block the plughole!

Great new avatar Di!

Happy thoughts Storm Riders!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello all,

Still a bit of a frustrating time for SR's I see what with results and tests etc. My bone scan has come through for friday which is rather too quick for my liking for a 'routine, to be on the safe side scan' but mustnt dwell on it, get it over and done with and hope for the best and be prepared for anything else. Hopefully I have got another 20+ years left of being on a knife edge.

Anyway, just cooking dinner having finished most of my planning (I still have some marking to do; a teacher's work is never done) followed by a pile of ironing tonight. Thought I would take a break and say hello to you guys. Sorry I cant come next week, still having my intensive teeth treatment. Please raise a glass for me. It would have been nice to meet up again, but I am sure we will do it again later in year.

Still trying to lose weight, neverending journey. If i am honest cant blame it on tamoxofen or such, I am just a piggy who has these mad half hours in the evening where I eat rubbish. Oh well, need to go and bounce on the rebounder for half hour before i think.

Val enjoy your expensive holiday, Good vibes to all other tests/results/treatment peeps.

ciao for now.

Linda

Gennie

Morning all

Sorry not been around for a while, I'm burying my head in the sand at the moment as I have my squishogram on Tuesday and I'm not feeling confident. There's a definite weird-feeling area in my bad boob that I suspect is going to at least need a biopsy. It's not new, was there when I had had my ct scan etc so we will see - trying to be positive and think scar tissue.

Carole - vibing furiously for cysty news for you next week!! I can't believe it's gone on this long love, what a mare!!

Busy days here. Easter hols were manic, did lots with the kids. Now back at work again and wondering where the days are going.

I'm going to go back and read from where I last got to - must make more effort *slaps self*. Hugs to all that need them (and those that don't!)

Gen x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all...
Love your new pic Di...cool hair!
How are you Sheila...ok I hope...
Theresa I like the reference to Sandras stall...'The taming of the stall'...has a good ring to it ....hehehe
Positive vibes for next week Carole..

Have a good day all

Helenxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all, hi Theresa!

Rain overnight but the sun is trying to show it's face again now. Having my exercise of the day watching the London Marathon whilst having coffee and chocolate biscuits...my sort of exercise. Great catching up on everyone's news, laugh at you and your stall Sandra, sounds like us and our tent, hope the boot sale goes well today! Have a wonderful time away Val, it will be lovely to celebrate with your son however late I'm sure.
Everything crossed as usual to hear good news from you Carole this week, still waiting for Cortisone to take effect here but at least it gets me out of the hoovering :-). Have a lovely day all, rain or shine, hugs to everyone.

Di xxx

By the way, thought I'd change my avatar now I have some hair to show off...shame about the face 🙂