cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

Oh my aching head. Serves me right for drinking on an empty stomach. Got to sleep fine thanks Theresa. Even the best insomniac would have had trouble getting past the amount I drank. 😄

Up and at 'em it is. New day, new world and all that. Hopefully will get my spelling and grammar correct today too, once the hangover wears off that is. 😉

Need to go for a walk and clear this. Have to do the vat today. Pooh!

Good luck with the ooph today Monica. Better out than in as they say. 🙂

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all....
Hope you are still sleeping it off Carole...hope they decide to operate sooner than later...attitude!...Oh yeah ...our Steel has it in bagfulls!!!Keep it coming missus...it'll get you through....

Lizzie will miss you and the other SRs who can't make it this weekend. Our little posse has gone down in numbers alot this time...but that means we will just have to whup! it up even more than usual...and raise a glass or 10 by proxy for those who aren't there!!hehehehe

Sal..the ooph is on the horizon..not long to go now..bet you can't wait to get it over with...at last! It is Friday isn't it?

Monica..good luck with your ooph today...I'm sure it will go just fine...
Martina...huff forgot ..puff about...huff the volcano ash...puff...trying really hard here to blow it away...huff puff....
I hope you can manage to get across to us...been looking forward to meeting you ....as said earlier, what rubbish timing, from a volcano
no less!!!

Now for something trivial....
Well I'm waiting for the washer man...been doing my daughters washing this past 3wks. Her washer broke down...now my washer has broken and the door won't open. Unfortunately it has a load of Emmas washing in it including her work clothes. That was last week, so no washing done here either...it's piling up...so if I come to the meet with my clothes standing up on their own...not my fault . 🙂

Have a good day all
Helenxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all,

Put all my swear words in an email....thought better not give the moderators work to do with the red pen!

Carole - had a few vinos with you last night, be rude not to! It's a strange world when we think primary BC is good news, eh, girls? - but, logically, Carole - that does seem likely. Back to the crossed fingers, legs, eyes, it does make driving tricky though!

And loving the attitude, honey, that show MUST go on - boobs an'all!

But, fab news, Val - really glad they checked out the older mammos, and well done on the last herceptin, Eliza.
Monica, good to "see" you again, hope oophy doofy goes OK, take care.

Jacq, can completely concur with Mary - having shared a bottle or 5 at Ashbourne - she is no wuss - still standing at the end of the night - that's our Mary!

Hope you all manage to get to the meet up this weekend, I'll be there in spirit, lots of team hugs needed I reckon. Really hope that ash cloud doesn't hang around, Marina.

Take care all
Lizzie xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning everyone...:D

Monica - sending you loads of love for the ooph today - hope you are home soon and managed to sort out your vote for tomorrow...

Carole - hope you managed to get some sleep last night... have they given you any dates yet for scans or are they getting back to you on that? {{{hugs}}}

Theresa x

Oh my head .... now I know why I don't indulge any more!!!!

Up and at 'em Carole, waste no more time dwelling on those crap cells of ours, it's a brand new day 🙂

Good luck Monica .... and love to all. xxJacqxx

Morning, all.

Yes, Di, we'll all be with Carole just as she has always been there for any of the rest of us; that is what Storm Riders do.

I remember now you remind me, Val. Oops sorry about that ash pile!

Thinking of you today, Carole. Take care of yourself.

Eliza xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Just wanted to call by and tell Carole how very sorry I am to hear that the little b*****d has come back. Carole, I hope this is a new primary and am keeping everything crossed for you.
will check in how things are going when I get home (hosp for ooph tomorrow)
take care , and love, mon xx

Ok, Carole, I know you've had a traumatic day, but weird is spelt like this, and what's with the 'an' before a 'w' - no need for standards to slip you know, wine or no wine! x

Guest user
Not applicable

Sleep well Carole... xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Night everyone...:D

Sorry i've missed the evening in the bar...

Oh Martina - i do hope you are still able to fly... what rubbish timing! 😮

Sending all the storm riders loads of love...

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Going to sleep gals. Thank you. Been an wierd day. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Guest user
Not applicable

hi all,

Carole, what an amazing woman you are...I am so proud to know you, and you won't get rid of us that quick Gal, whatever you say - we're congo-ing into every bloomin' appointment and surgery with you like it or not! Yes Riders?

I am so sorry not to be able to make the weekend away - I'm just a bit of an old crock at the moment, having heard your news Carole I have nothing to complain about so I'm not!

I will be thinking of you all and imagining you lot getting on horses (even if you don't plan to ride it's a great picture, everyone helping each other up and straight off the other side!)

Big hugs to all of you and especially to Steel, another Journey ahead, I hate the expression but it fits.

Di xxxxxxxxx

Hi Eliza, In answer to your question my alter ego was "Caledonia".

Will you all stop huffing and pufffing coz the wind is blowing from the south and there is a huge mountain of volcano ash outside my front door.... goodnight all...sleep tight...love Val

Hoping the ash cloud lifts Martina,
Very glad your scan was okay Val,
Carole I've been thinking about you all evening - just wish there was something practical positive to do to help.
Victoria xx

Get up those stairs 🙂

jacq ...as if.....takes more than a tipple or 4 to tackle moi..........

been huffin and a puffin now for a good 10 mins.....can I stop now??????? xxxx

Mary, methinks you're pie-eyed - lol! x

Guest user
Not applicable

Carole - can't say more than the others have said. ((((Hugs)))).
Val, good news about the mammo.
Joining you all at Joes - sorry I'm a little late.
Nickyxx
Martina I'm blowing as hrd as I can to get rid of that pesky ash x

Oh help, Martina! I hadn't thought of that. Lots of blowing ...

I'm off to bed too.

Night, all. Sleep well, Carole.

xx

night night jacq xx

Oh Lord, Martina, didn't think of that with your travels. Phoooooooo (that's a blow) - well, you know what I mean!

jacq - hope it was ok today xxxx

Crossed there Helen .... yes, it was lovely actually, she'd arranged everything herself, and the music (catholic church) was so moving, set the hardest of hearts off. Night bless all, xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

ok storm riders i need you all to go outside and give a big blow to move that darned ash away or i wont be able to fly over to meet you. so altogether now ...........

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi there jacq...hope the funeral of your aunty went as well as any funeral can and was a nice celebration of her life....

And Night to you Carole...don't you let those critturs bite now...sleep well love...

Night SRs I'm mosying along to my bunk......

sweet dreams

Helenxx

Shame, no can do Mary. Got to be at hospital at 9.00 am Monday for all the pre-op tests for my end of May adventure. No way would my bloods, etc., readings be normal after a weekend in your luverly company! x

jacq - cheers m'dear xx Sandra & Eliza and the rest of you gels - see you soon xx

jacq - come an join us, can you this weekend?? And you Val?? And come and meet Blackjack, she's a wonder.... - she might have been quiet on the forum but she's been a lifesaver to me xxxx ooops vino tends to take over somewhat......anyway....am off to bed, to the land of nod and tough dreams.....mary xx

Just got back from funeral .... oh carole, what a pile of f**king s**t! Sorry, no other words can describe it. So angry for you having to start up with this crap again - but, DEFFO small primary, I'll drink to that! Couldn't have a drink today as had car and relatives to boot, but there's a bottle looking at me whispering my name, cheers m'dear - you'll be just fine - can't you feel us all around you?

You too, Theresa and Linda. What's going on here?! Thank God you were ok Val.

Love and hugs to all of us, xxJacqxx.

Guest user
Not applicable

Sooooooooo sorry to hear your news Carole,like every one else has said we will stand with you side by side and get you through this,lots of alcohol sounds like a very good idea to me at the mo.
Huge big hugs and positive vibes winging their way to you.

Sandra x

Tallulah is setting up the weekend party in Haven, but hopefully will be along shortly.

Val, do you have a Storm Rider alter ego? I'm sure you were in there but I'm sorry I seem to have forgotten (and am blaming tamoxifen!).

Guest user
Not applicable

Wheres Tallulah...we need some music!! I could sing, but I doesn't want to compete with the cats...nosireeee they might get up and leave....then the rats would take over!!.....

Got all the drinks ordered Storm Riders and waiting at the bar for you all to arrive....sorry I started early.....Love Val

Oh, crossed there, Martina! Looking forward to seeing you soon.

I think that those in Haven may have heard that there is a gathering in Joe's this evening and will be riding over to join you all.

To Steel ...

Guest user
Not applicable

Carole you a strong woman, i know you will beat this.

To Steel.

Put on your holster, mount your steed,
And into battle ride.
Show not faint heart nor weak intent
'Cos we're all on your side!

Take care
martina

Guest user
Not applicable

I've a feeling that Sheriff Dan might need a double Joe...so why don't you just leave the bottle on the bar....oh and more glasses too..think we might need em!
OOps sorry Steel meant that splash to go in your glass not your lap!

Here's to you Steel...mud in yer eye.........

Guest user
Not applicable

Joe, set 'em up!
Steel strode into the bar, kicked a stool up, and thumped her elbows down on the well polished oak wood.
"What's up Steel?" asked Joe, polishing a glass then sliding it along towards her.
"Y'know, Joe," said Steel, her lips pursing as she tipped a bottle into the glass, "Sometimes you just don't know what's gonna get up and kick ya in the butt."
Joe nodded agreement, and narrowed his eyes just a touch. This wasn't like Steel. "Go'on", he said.
Steel flicked an eye towards him. "Nope, that's me done Joe. But I reckon as like you'd better get a few more of them glasses polished. Got some drinkin' buddies coming along."
And sure enough, Yorkie pushed through the door. "What ya got Joe? Nothing I'd like to taste I betcha. Want me to come round the back?"
"Ah,no, Yorkie, ta for the asking, but I think I'll wait for Tallulah to get back from Haven."
"Suit yourself," said Yorkie, slapping Steel on the back and reaching over the bar for glass. "Top this up then will ya?"
Joe smiled, tipped a double whisky into Yorkie's glass, and glanced at the windows. Sure enough, everybody not in Haven was piling along the boardwalk.
"Eh, Steel, got a party going?"
"Hmmph" grunted Steel. "There's always a party going. Just need to find it. Toss another this way Joe, and put one up for Sheriff Dan. Expectin' him soon."
Yorkie and Joe looked sideways at each other and raised an eyebrow or two. Sheriff Dan? Well waddayaknow!!!! 😉

Guest user
Not applicable

Carole, just sending you a hug, cant believe how long you have waited to get your results

love n hugs

Carol xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Chuckle, thanks Sheila. Didn't mean me to ride in solitude - like that could happen - I was kind of hoping it will only be me and none of the rest of you! 😄

Theresa, no trace of it on either side since the cavemen started painting. 🙂

Excellent Herceptin news there Rosie! What a relief that's going to be.

Eliza - Chill Dude! Make with the, like Hair CD, and get with it man.... 🙂

Glad to hear that the x-ray has come back clear, Rosie.

It is my father's family that has the history in my case so if my genetic test comes back positive, the mutated gene will have come from him.

See you all in Joe's later this evening.

xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh Steel, of all the rotten lousy stunts for the Boss to pull... Calam seconds the comments from all the other SR's - we'll be right beside you through this.

Had my penultimate Herceptin today, (can't believe its virtually a year since that started) and also, finally had results from that chest x-ray = clear (this being the one they took 2 weeks ago, when I had a persistent cough).

Massive (((hugs))) to everyone, I'll see you all for a few bevvies in Joe's later.
Rxxx

Carole, can't say anything that hasn't been said. You say this storm is for you to ride alone. I don't think so!!!!!

You are an amazing person. You have given such support and inspiration to us all and I will never forget all your support and time when I was panicking about the chemo nonsense. I am with you in spirit.

Will join you for a little alcoholic beverage this evening (just to show solidarity or course....)

Sheila xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Carole - has there ever been any suggestion there could be a genetic link in your family...? not sure if you know you can get a brca gene fault from your dad as well as your mum...

Val - that is brilliant news you must be so relieved...

Sending all the storm riders loads of love tonight... xxx

Carole - have you got anyone there with you tonight...?

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Val thats really good news .... now you can have that good nights sleep at last........

Steel.. I recommend you pull up a stool and have a slug or two of the good stuff...I promise I won't pour any of my wonderful cocktails down yer gullet... oh and that goes fer anyone else who fancies a tug or two of the strong stuff!!!
I'll happily clash my glass with one strong lassie....

set em up Joe!!! yep its a freebie.....stop complaining.......

I'm sure you'll sleep well tonight Carole....cos the alcohol should help a smidgen!!! 😉
You too Jane....

Great news, Val. Thank goodness they found the old mammograms in time.

I used to wear it, Carole. With my flouncy skirts, shawls and shell beads!

Sleep well, Jane.

Guest user
Not applicable

Excellent Val! Way to go! Wishaw General

Chuckle! Told you I'd be hanging about today. How selfish am I! NO DON'T ANSWER THAT. 😄

Oh, got some patchouli oil recently. Does anybody still wear it? (did you ever?). I am totally going hippy boho this summer.

Don't worry Jane, you can sleep. I'll be in an alcohol fuelled fug tonight. Then it's bye bye to that particular carcinogenic. Sob!!!! 😉

Guest user
Not applicable

We,re amazing........You are one hell of a lady Carole, just by fighting this the way you do and thinking of us at the same time.

Sorry I've been AWOL again still got MIL with us but I have had a quick skim and sending lots of possitive vibes to Theresa, Linda, and all those waiting to hear news. Also Jacq and Val for today's appointments.

Its my bed time now but if you can't sleep and want to chat at 3am Carole, you have my mobile number. I'll be up from 02.45am. I've got my guns cocked and I'm ready for a good old gun slinging match.

Love you all xx

Oh Carole, I am so sorry it was not better news for you. But you are a strong lady and you have a huge army of ladies around to give you some moral support. Which hospital do you attend for your treatment?
Theresa, I am sorry you are in limbo land and don't know all the answers yet. I hate the waiting game the most....so hope it is nothing to worry about and thinking of you too.
I had to return today to have ultrasound as something was showing up on my recent mammogram....on my good side. Had to then go for more mammograms....another wait and yet another one....but it was worth the wait.....THERE IS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT.....they maanaged to locate my old mammograms this afternoon....odd eh?.....from 2002 and 2004 ( Goodness knows where the others have been filed).....and the image they could see is just "me" and showed up on the old scans.....so I can give a big sigh of relief.....and get on with my life again...
So all my energy is going on everyone here. Take care and hope there is more good news to read on here from now on.....love Val