cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

Oh Val, I'm so very sorry. There are never any words for this, just sending love.

Debs xx

Guest user
Not applicable

I am so sorry to hear that Val. I'll pray for a peaceful end and easy transition to her next life. My thoughts are with her and you. I'll give you a call later on.

Happy tattooing Helen. Must give you a call about what you chose, can't remember. Got plastic surgeon appointment on Tuesday.

Hung parliament, yes. Hmm, well they were all yacking on about change. This is going to be a change.

Good idea not letting them see your ballot Gen. These kids can be political fiends. Never know what scandal they could cause with the knowledge! Lol!

Have a great weekend all Shropshire lasses!

horace

My lovely friend J [the singer] is fast approaching the end of her life.She is on huge doses of diamorphine for her horrendous pain.I post this here with the family's permission as J became an honorary SR.I will update when appropriate.
Vx

Eliza

Morning, Helen & Mary. Morning, all.

It was gone 4am before I went to bed so a rather late start this morning!

Hope the tatooing goes well, Helen.

Lots to do ...

Love to all,
Eliza xx

kittenkat

great stuff Theresa xx mary x
ps love to all, must dash, not a thing done.....!

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all....great news Theresa, 4 wks isn't too bad Carole...lots of appts before hand though... a cinch for you ...

Hope it all went well Sal and hope you are at home resting up..
Hi Monica...good to see you at home doing fine...you rest too...

Well what about this 'hung' parliament eh...was watching at 6am this morning...but off to get my tattoo now...so a horse then mmmmmmmmm

sees ya later
Helenxxx

Gennie

Great news Theresa, I'm really pleased all is well for you.

Val - vibing for the same news for you.

Goodness not a week seems to go by without one of us being in the worry spotlight. Glad you're feeling perky Carole, hold that thought!

Well I did my civic duty today, took the children to the polling station with me so they could see what's involved, what a ballot paper looks like etc. The boys not remotely interested, Maddie quite keen. I didn't let them see what I voted though...

This evening I've been to puppy training classes, Jez usually goes but he has manflu and has been laid out on the sofa under a duvet all day looking as if he is about to breathe his last any minute. God forbid he ever got really ill.... Anyway, the training class was good and Lily dog behaved really well so I came home feeling as if I am Cesar Millan!!

Just about to have my dinner. Didn't have time earlier on account of being at work then having to run around like a blue bottomed insect as soon as I got home getting things done (see comments re manflu above).

If I don't get on here tomorrow I hope the get together is great and I'll really miss not being there. Next time...

horace

Wonderful news Theresa you must have been so scared.I get my latest tumour marker result when I see my onc on Tuesday and yes-I'm scared.
Love Valxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Way to go Theresa!

In fact from the sounds of it we're all feeling pretty perky tonight. Time for a Scooby Snack or two. 😄

brightlight28

That's wonderful news Theresa - it's made my evening. I'm just so very pleased for you.

Glad you are home and the ooph was okay Monica. No hot flushes so far is very encouraging too.

Sending you lots of positive thoughts now for your scans Carole, and that yours are clear as well Linda.

My appointment was simply with the dressings clinic to pick up supplies and to wounds cleaned and dressed again professionally.

Always have the suffragettes at the back of my mind, could never let a general electon go and not vote. Not staying up to watch the results, going to get an early night as just so tired.

Thinking of you all - and thanks for insights into reasons for having an ooph.

Victoria xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Fantastic news Theresa - such a relief.

Carole absolutely no need to apologise, we all know by now that whatever each of us is concerned about is valid for discussion, hand holding etc between us Storm Riders. It's what our unspoken pact is all about. Enjoy every moment of your costuming and your show.

Mrs Pankhursts speech, must look it up - but very much with all of you on the purple sash. Must get one for next time.

Clare X

Just crossed Linda - hope the trip to the dentist isn't too ouch and thanks for the good wishes.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello

Just read your news Theresa, fantastic!!! I hope i will get the same soon. No news is good news at the moment as far as i am concerned. I would like to get to the bottom of whats causing me pain but it could be part the dreaded but wonderful tamoxofen or even arthritic pain. My mother had arthritus (really dont know how to spell that) so i suppose i could get it too..

Eliza, I had it drummed into me about the suffragettes from my dad, mum used to trudge down the voting booths moaning but she did it. Me and hubby went together today and did the deed. (haha) School was a polling station so we had an inset and did French this morning - honing our language skills, this afternoon did a bit of first aid on ashthma and epilepsy.

All the sr's going on the jolly have a great time and will be thinking about you whilst the dentist is sticking the needle in!!
OOOh and enjoy whats left of your birthday. Hugs to Carole, hope things start moving swiftly and painlessly very soon for you.

Linda

Eliza

Great news, Theresa! As we've all said before, the tamoxifen as well as lots of other things can cause the liver result. Hopefully you will be getting similar good news soon, Linda.

Glad to hear that your appointment gave you good news, Jane. Hope you can get the eyes sorted whatever the cause. How did yours go, Victoria?

Carole!!!!! No need to be sorry for bringing it back to the thread. We all know that this is a possibility for any of us and we are here for each other in it just as much as we were last year. Hope you get all your appointments lined up quickly. Enjoy the hoiked posing!

Good to hear that you're home and it was all straightforward, Monica. Hopefully Sal is finding things equally straightforward.

Well done on the Mrs Pankhurst speech, Sandra! I remember my sister & I had it from our mother (plus our great grandmother being added in) and my sister has been giving it to her daughter since she was 4! I have been wearing purple, green and white today in celebration of those women's actions. Enjoy your meal out this evening.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Just crossed posts there with Carole... yes flaunt them as much as you can... xxx Not too long until the bone scan - and hope the ct scan is quick as well... xxx

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

{{{Hugs}}} Monica and everyone else in sight...:D

Just heard off my onc and all is good!!! 😄 The bone scan is fine - no sign of anything...:D and all the blood tests showed up was that slightly elevated protein with my liver... so she is going to arrange for me to have a ct scan - but that is more for completeness than anything as others things can cause the liver result... Plus best of all... my tumour marker result is 26!!! 😄 so presumably the funny bumps are just funny bumps (to go with my big fat chin...;) ) Am so relieved I have been so scared this week... Sending loads of love and good luck vibes to Linda and even more hugs to Carole...xxx

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

I hate doing vat, specially when I haven't got the money to pay them. Dangnabbit!

Happy Birthday Sandra!

Good to see you in fine fettle Monica.

Take it easy there Mule. Don't go rushing about. Feet up and relax.

Victoria, the ovaries are the major source of oestrogen, so when they are removed for that purpose, and not for ovarian cancer risk, it's simply to cut out that significant amount. You're right we still produce hormones from our fat cells and adrenal glands, so even though the ovaries are gone, or we are actually post menopausal, we still take hormone treatment for the specified time. My onc last year was exactly the same as Sandra's and wouldn't refer me for an ooph, but now that it has come back, and particularly if it's ER/PR+ve (which means the tamoxifen isn't working), I'm getting my way. Hmm, if they'd listened last year this could all be done with and recurrence avoided. Razzenfrazzen....

Helen, got my bone scan scheduled for next Wed, and somebody phoned when I was out today, I assume with a CT scan date. I'll catch up with them tomorrow. Still got to get a plastic surgeon appointment lined up. Then get scan results, then we'll head for op dates, but generally speaking I should be getting them whapped off in about 4 weeks time.

Jings but this is a real deja vu moment! 😄 Sorry to be bringing the whole thing back to the thread big time.

If I don't get on before some of you leave for Shropshire tomorrow, have a great time. I'll be spending the weekend getting squished into a corset, laced up big time, and hoiking these boobs up under my chin. Might as well use them while I've got them! Lol.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Honeys, I'm home!
thanks for all lovely supportive messages xx don't feel like I deserve such support - been absent lately - weird state of mind - think its the change from seroxat to citalopram - can change back now as I won't be taking tamox (hurrah)and hope to stop feeling so weird!
Sal, hope yours is as straightforward...haven't had one hot flush since I woke up!
Carole hope things are feeling a bit better - more positive, but please please don't forget to look after yourself - I get the impression that you'd be making sure everyone else is alright first...
Horace is right, I'm sure, that it is only secondary when it metastises, ie invades another organ/part of the body. It is a strange place we've come to where a primary cancer is a hopeful outcome
I have everything crossed for you xxx
hope you travellers all have a great weekend
love to everyone
monica xx

notyetinthebox

Just wrote the longest post I've ever done whilst the babe is asleep, and lost it - *******s!

So, no way I can remember it all and she's now awake. Suffice to say I wished you all a fanbloodytastic time away this weekend, much love and hugs, xJacqx.

Guest user
Not applicable

Happy Birthday Sandra!!

Slaps head and goes Doh - haven't said how great it is to see your photo Victoria.

Ouch Jane, hope the eyes get better.

My home computer is on the blink so any communication re this week-end will be by e:mail. But don't think there is much to say except looking forward to seeing all those who can make it and raise a glass to those who can't this time

Love and hugs

Clare X

Guest user
Not applicable

Afternoon everyone. I think we crossed yesterday, Val(sl). Fantastic news. Has your boiler been fixed yet? We are having a new one fitted tomorrow. Ours conked out on Monday.

Happy Birthday, Sandra. Hope your having a lovely day 🙂

Ros, sorry to hear you have been feeling a bit under par. Hopefully you will be fine for the SR gathering this weekend. I am soooooooo going to miss being there.

Sal, hope your all tucked up and done now. Lots of possitive vibes for a speedy recovery. You too Monica.

Theresa, my appointment was just routine 3 monthly. Although he has told me to come off the Tam for a couple of months, just to see if they are the reason behind my swelling eyes. Once the swelling goes down the skin on my eye lids seems to shrivel up and go all dry, with an intense itching. I also have been dx by my GP with dermatitis in the lady garden area which drives me insane. We have tried about 6 different creams so far and nothing helps. Dare I ask? Am I the only one? Anyway, he doesn't think it is the Tam but said it will do me no harm to come off them for a short time, while we see. He's more inclined to think it is something to do with my lupus. He actually said that even without the Tam, I have a very good prognosis. So I suppose its been a good appointment because that sounds like good news to me.

Victoria, I watched that program last night for the first time. The hotel you stayed in was lovely but I don't fancy the place in Scotland. What were all those teddy's about??? lol

Carole, hope your enjoying lunch with your friends. (((((((hug)))))))

Have a fab weekend everyone meeting up. I'll be there in spirit.

xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry I haven't posted for a while but haven't felt at all right for a few days now , but my niggles pale into insignificance compared to Carole's - I wish I could compose something original or lyrical to express my reaction when I read your news, but it ended up as a string of expletives ( most of which have already been used ! )
Best of British to Sal, Monica and all others having procedures done this week - we're not having a good spell lately, are we ? As others have already said , we can never afford to sit back and be complacent if we have a few good days.
Not long to go now for the weekend but I fear the weather might curtail outdoor activities - guess we'll have to spend more time in Joe's. I may well arrive late - reasons in an e-mail - save the lantern launch for me please
Love to all Ros xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Good morning all, hmm nearer 50 than 40 now but thanking you kindly for all your birthday wishes.Still feel 28 !!!!

I have been and practised my democratic right and given my daughters the well practised speech re Mrs Pankhurst,going like a fair at the polling station. Got a mad day of baking and want to get it all done asap as am out for a meal tonight and still got to pack for the weekend,had a look at the place again and had forgotten there was a jacuzzi/hot tub there, what is it with us and those luxury items lol.

Looking forward to seeing those going again and raising a glass or three to those that can't make it this time. OOh special request,I have got the sky lanterns but they are best lit using a lighter as matches burn out too quickly before the fuel cells get going.If anyone can bring a lighter with them that would be great or we will be there for a while lighting one at a time.

Hope Sal and Monica are recovering well by the end of the day and everything goes as planned.Good luck with onc appointment Jane.

Victoria,these oncs have all differing opinions ,I'm pre menopasal but 8/8 ER and PR yet my onc only advocates tamoxifen,says the side effects of zoladex and/or the probs that an ooph can cause later in life re bone probs isn't a route that they go down here. Havn't to my knowledge got any history of cancer in the family but am sure if I had I would be having bits whipped out where appropriate.

Got to go as my beeper is going ! Big hugs to all.

Sandra x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all....
Hope your home and tucked in your own bed by tonight Sal...good luck with it love...
Hope your resting in your own bed too Monica, and that it went well.
Happy birthday Sandra!! Make it a good one...see you tomorrow!!
Jane have a positive appt with your onc.
Theresa..give em a ring...it seems the only way sometimes...instead of waiting forever!!
There seems to be a lot of oophs going on or to potentially 'go on'..
Not gone into that side of things...don't think I need to..
Carole...have you got an appt through yet ...for pre-op or breast op?
bit soon probably...
It's wet and horrible here...so hoping tomorrow and the weekend is better.

Have a good day
catch ya later
Helenxxx

brightlight28

Have a lovely birthday Sandra.

Good luck for today Sal.

Yes, good idea about ringing your onc Theresa. In my case re bone density scan it took three phone calls to chase for the results. Sending you lots of positive vibes.

Working at home again, but off to vote in a short while and clinic this afternoon.

Take care.

Victoria xxx

Eliza

Morning, Theresa & Nicky. Morning, all and Happy Birthday, Sandra!

Thanks for that description, Gennie; I too will be doing this sooner or later (when the screening trial ends if not before). In my case, Victoria, it is because of the ovarian cancer risk as my father's sister had it and there are other associated cancers in the family. Good luck for today, Sal and as Di says, we're all with you in spirit. How are you doing, Monica?

[[[[hugs]]]] for your appointment, Jane.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all

Sal - Hugs and good wishes for today.
Monica I hope that all went well yesterday.
Happy Birthday Sandra.
Gennie thanks for the info about the ooph as I too have got my way on one. Victoria I want one to reduce the risk of ovarian cancer as I have a family history of breast and prostate ca so am at greater risk. Also my Mum was one of those for whom Tamoxifen didn't work, and from what I've read they think that that has a genetic link so I'm unsure that Tam will be doing anything for me.
Just a quick post as off to work now.
Big hugs to all. Enjoy being spoiled Carole.
xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning everyone...:D

Monica - hope you are comfortable this morning - and no doubt wanting to get home... (and vote....) xxx

Sal - sending loads of positive vibes for today xxx

Jane - is that a usual scheduled onc appointment? sending love... xxx

I'm going to phone my onc's secretary again tomorrow if i don't hear anything today...

Theresa x

brightlight28

Good evening SRs,

Hoping you have finished your VAT return by now Carole and that it served to take your mind off other troubles.

Just wondered what are the advantages of having an ooph done. It doesn't seem to avoid taking hormone treatement as oestrogen is produced in the fat cells. Is it that Femara or AIs are thought to be more effective that Tamoxifen/Zolodax? Or is it to remove the risk of developing ovarian cancer? I'm interested as I don't know whether it is something I should be asking to have done also.

Well I decided to take the afternoon off. I met my former partner who is becoming quite frail these days (he's a lot older than me) and we went to a French cafe in Clapham Common and then to the matinee performance of the new Italian film: I am love. It is interesting, features food, dynasties, and love affairs and is deeply brooding and atmospheric - apparently influenced by Antonioni.

This evening I watched the B&B programme Three in a bed on C4. It featured a place I've actually stayed at: Jeakes in Rye.The programme didn't exactly portray it for the historical and interesting place it is too stay - but the programme is fundamentally quite an amusing one.

I have got a dressings clinic appointment tomorrow afternoon and will be working at home in the morning.

Thinking of you all.

Victoria xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

I wish!

Good description Gen. Seeing as I have at long last got my way on an ooph, much appreciated. Sal, see you on the other side. 🙂

Hope everyone had a good day.

scottishlass

Hi Carole....does that post saying that you "will tied up all evening with VAT" a crypic message meaning that.... you will be tied up this evening with a "Very Attractive Tradesman"..????.....a Fencer perhaps.....lucky you! XX

Gennie

Another quickie...Sal, if you're anything like I was you'll be home tomorrow night. DH picked me up in his Audi A3 - I was walking very slowly & stiffly and a bit bent over (I did walk out of the hospital, no problems) but they give you a shot of morphine into the internal wounds during surgery so you just feel as if you've done a million sit-ups rather than real 'pain' as such. In fact I'd say there isn't much sharp pain as such, you just know your stomach muscles have been moved around and they take a while to settle. Feels like the aftermath of an extremely heavy workout for a few days.

Take it steady. This time tomorrow night you'll hopefully be in your own bed all snug & happy. xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,

Hope all went well today Monica and you are resting up now and being spoiled.

Got my saddle ready for tomorrow Sal when we all ride in with you...it'll be a bit crowded but we'll be quiet!

Love to all, Di xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hope all went well to-day Monica and lots of positive vibes for you Sal for tomorrow.

What good news there Val.

Carole - what a friend you are - thinking of us, with what you are having to deal with. You are certainly living up to your SR name.

Glad you are going to make it Martina - by hook or by crook so to speak.

Love and Hugs to one and all.

Clare X

Guest user
Not applicable

Hope all has gone well today, Monica. Your turn tomorrow, Sal. Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope to hear from you soon.

Seems like I missed a night in Joe's bar but since I am off work tomorrow, for onc appointment, think I may have one or two drops tonight 😉

Carole, enjoy being spoilt. I'm sure you would do the same. Take care and thinking of you.

Hope you all have a fab weekend. Really sorry I wont be there.

xx

smelltheroses

Just popping in to say hello.

Good luck for the "oophs" and glad to see Carole is concentrating on really important stuff like VAT!

Linda well done on losing a pound but I have to tell you that I was slimmer of the week at Rosemary Conley last week. Sorry? What? How many were there? Oh er.............

Sheila xxx

Eliza

Hope today has gone smoothly, Monica. Will be thinking of you tomorrow, Sal, and hoping all goes well for you.

Good luck with the VAT return, Carole. Yes, definitely milk it - you deserve some treats right now! And let us know if you have to do a Pankhurst tomorrow ...

Glad you're going to make it, Martina.

Yes, send OH, Helen. Keep him occupied while you're away!

Love to all,
Eliza xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi folks...You milk it for what its worth Carole...thanks for the info Val...I wasn't positive about that...Hope your hols went well.

Hope things went well today Monica...resting now I hope...
And good vibes rushing through the airways for your ooph too Sal..can just see you being 'poured' through the top of your car hehe

Martina...a ferry..very enterprising and determined...mmmmm heard that word before...great stuff...

As for the washer fella...he was just going to fix the handle...then realised it was the whole door!! So gonna have to wait till next monday now for the new door! So gonna make a trip to the launderette. Or better yet, will send OH while I'm away....

take care all
Helenxx

Guest user
Not applicable

My goodness me, will that woman ever learn - hungover to the back teeth, and she's back on the "vat" already....forgotten to tell us what is in the vat, but we can all hazard a quess!

Go Sal, hope it is smooth tomorrow, listen out for the hooves in theatre as you drift off. We'll all be there!

Lizzie xx

horace

Carole have pmd you.I got back from Turkey in the early hours of this morning so am having a catch up on here.Just a word to those of you who may have forgotten-a new lump is almost certainly a recurrence or a new primary and is almost certainly not secondaries which occur when the cancer moves away from the breasts.If you feel the need to look it it up it is classed as local recurrence[even in other breast]and is as treatable as a primary.
It is an awful dx to cope with and thank goodness its small and found early.
I've moved back to the bunkhouse in Determination-Steel needs all the SR help she can get.
Love V[TOO]xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Going to be tied up with vat all evening, so Sal, best of luck for tomorrow.

That's definitely one of my anthems Linda. 😄

Had a great afternoon with a pal there, and another is taking me to lunch tomorrow, so I'm milking this big time!

Steel-sized hugs to everyone, in thanks and just in plain old friendship.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello girls,

Glad to see you are on good form Carole, that tubthumping song should be the sr theme for moment (i get knocked down but i get up again, you know the one) Especially with the embibing going on. (oh I like that word, much better than boozing).

Good luck to the ooph girls Monica/Sal - hope they go/went well.

Lost a pound at fat club last night - getting in my stride now. Went running and felt great until i went to bed. Legs really ached. Still banking on muscular though....

Anyway gotta dash. Catch you all soon.

Linda

notyetinthebox

Oooh good luck, Sal. And Mary .... Tamoxifen .... my a**e!

kittenkat

yes, will be thinking of you Sal and sending the usual pos vibes and gentle (((((hugs))))) mary x

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh Sal, I do hope you sign in again before heading off to hospital. The very bestest for a smooth operation and the briefest of stays in the hospital. Looking forward to hearing from you once you're out and on the mend.

Debs xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Howdy all. I'll whisper in case any of you are still hungover. Hope you managed to do the vat Carole.

Hope your ooph went ok today Monica, I've got mine tomorrow. Thanks for your good wishes Gen. Hope Jez has a good birthday. What have you got planned?

Just been speaking to daughter, who's picking me up from the hospital. She wants to borrow my car for a week or so, as I won't be able to drive and someone else needs the work one she uses. Hope I can get in it ok after the op - it's a bit low as you will remember! Well, she can always put the top down and lower me in. lol

That's spirit Martina, if you can't get there one way, then another will have to do. Hope you all have a wonderful time. I'll be thinking of you. Maybe we can arrange a time to be online?

Gennie

Just a quick one, it's Jez's birthday today and we have people coming round, just got in from work, the house is a tip as per so I need to get cracking..

Anyhoo - hope you're doing ok Carole, Monica I hope all went well for you and Sal best of luck for your op tomorrow (it is tomorrow isn't it?).

Big snogs

Gen xx

kittenkat

oh yes, still standing Lizzie - ok holding each other up but still standing....hehe

kittenkat

Monica - sending tons of positive vibes your way today xx Martina will be there - she'll get over as a walk on passenger on ferry and we might be late but she'll be there!! Delicate head today - must be the tamoxifen ;0) mary x

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh b*ggerit ... I missed a Storm Riders drinking session!

Carole, nothing I can say that everyone hasn't already (although I'd probably be forced to repeat my opening comment). I may be a new recruit, but with you all the way ... with bells on ... but p'haps I'd better take the bells off today in honour of your hangover.

I had no idea ash was still affecting people's travel plans - hope the SR huffing 'n puffing last night did the job Martina. Monica, good luck today at the hospital - hope all goes beautifully and you're soon home and recovering well. Jaq, so pleased that your aunt had the funeral SHE wanted. Helen, hope the washer gets sorted double quick.

They seem to have sorted out the power failure at head office, so time for me to connect up and get some work done.

Debs xx

brightlight28

That's the spirit Carole. It is a new day, and a day nearer to having your treatment and a day closer to coming out the other side again.

Good luck with the ooph today Monica, and that you are home again soon.

Hope the washer man arrives Helen.

OH has gone down to Rye to provide instructions for the next stage of our house renovations and I'm working at home.

Victoria xx