cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

{{{hugs}}} Val - so sorry to hear what a tough day you are having... hope all goes well at the hospital today xxx

Theresa x

Thanks martina-I loved meeting you and spending time with an amazing group of friends-the SR bond is almost humbling in its intensity.I am refusing to get out of bed until it is time to go to the hosp[2.30]cant cope with reality just now.
love valxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Eliza - not sure if i missed it - did you get a chance to do the photo cds...? I don't have any group photos from Ashbourne as i never bothered to take any as i knew so many other people were...

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sandra - that is the type of sleeve i've always had...:D (your new one...) does your glove have an almost corregated card effect? I have the sort made of really soft material... (i tried on the corregated one... no way! lol) i must admit the glove is the bit i hate most though... not looking forward to the summmer as it has not been as bad during the winter / spring...

By the way have you seen my stormrider layouts - you are on two of them so far...:D

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Good morning all, lots of positive vibes to those with appointments,those with upcoming appointments and those in recovery.

Hope your eyes get better Jane,you will have a decision whether to go back on the old tamox if they do. Nowt seems to be easy with this does it?

Well I had am appointment for MLD yesterday,my nurse that does it is a star and I'm very lucky to have such a good service even if it did take me an age to get there. I got given some new sleeves yesterday,can I ask other lymphomaniacs what sort of sleeves they have? I did have hideous ones before in american tan with a velcro strap that had to fit under bra strap and was forever pulling it down, but now I have been given different make,a far better match in skin tone ,lot softer to feel and is held in place with a similar design to the stuff you get in hold up stockings,am more than pleased with them. Was also given a glove to wear on flight to USA,gosh Theresa don't know how you manage with yours,it is soooooo stiff and restricting and akin to an oven glove or something a bird of prey trainer would wear,no likey !

Big hugs to all,am offski in the scone express to deliver to the shop then mad day of baking for market tomorrow.

Sandra x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning everyone...:D

Jacq - so pleased your mind has been put at rest by the new onc... so sorry that it has taken so long for you to find out the correct results...

Martina - glad to hear that you got home safely... it was lovely to put a face to the name in all the new photos...:D

Sal and Monica - hope the ooph recovery continues to go well and the hot flushes stay away...

Carole - think you have got the plastic surgeon appointment today - hope that goes well...xxx

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

me again

Val, thankyou so much for making the trip to see us. you are an inspiration for me cos of the TN. you remind me of my mum, i would take you home with me in a flash.

martina

Guest user
Not applicable

hi all

sorry took so long to post but my internet was down last night. got home safely and just in the nick of time as i see all flights are cancelled today.

anyway, i was so delighted to meet all my bc pals over the weekend. i was a bit nervous about the meet but so glad i went and will def be up for another one.

Sandra you are so full of life and enthusiasm.

Rosy you have so many talents and you are a fountain of knowledge.

Helen you are a lovely and brave woman.

Claire you are such a lady and you looked so lovely in your tallulah dress you could have been right out of the wild west.

Lynn you are a strong person with a great outlook on life

Eliza you are a really bright person thankyou for being a lovely bedroom buddy.

Ros you are easygoing and down to earth, with no airs or graces.

Nicky you are a softspoken lady but you are great at organising and thoughtful of others needs.

Mary, well what can i say.....i love you to pieces.

So glad to have such fantastic friends.
Thankyou all.

Martina

Oh lord, what a load to try and remember - so I won't!

What did stick out was Helen asking if this was my 3rd attempt at my pre-op tests .... d'you know what, you always make me laugh, you're more blonde than I am - lol! I meant it was my 3rd op, therefore, 3rd lot of pre-op tests!

What about this then, here's me been worrying myself sick for the last 18 months - having been told that I had 2 different types - i.e. 'normal' and triple negative, and I saw a different, really friendly, new lady consultant today. Well - you know me, normally head in sand. Anyway, she seemed nice and approachable, so I asked her to go into it all in more detail. Anyway, to cut a loooong story short, am (definitely) not triple negative after all. Turns out my notes state that it was thought I was originally but post mastectomy (when they tested it all a bit more) - I wasn't. BUT nobody told me until today .... how bad is that???!!! And she told me that I have a really good prognosis with the type that I have, even though I had 14 out of 25 nodes affected. Am still in a LOVELY state of shock. Good job I wasn't the suicidal type, eh?

Hope all goes well with your appointments this week, Carole, and anybody else having 'stuff' done. (I was up there nearly all day, and they started on me at 9 am.)

Have lots more to say, but this is going to vanish, it keeps disconnecting.

Love you and leave you, xxJacqxx.

Guest user
Not applicable

Good luck for tomorrow’s appointment Carole. I’m sure you’ll tell him exactly what you want! Sounds like you’ll be spending loads of time travelling to and fro over the next week.

I hope the grand unveiling goes well this evening Helen.

Jane, it’s amazing how quickly you feel better coming off tamoxifen. I’m so pleased you’re picking up and I hope your eyes improve as well. Typical to wake early on your day off, but I hope you had a good one. Shame about the boiler. Is it a combi? If so, make sure you get the plumber to show you how to top up the pressure, although it shouldn’t have gone down that quickly, so you must have a leak somewhere.

Good that you’ve had a successful day Nicky and a gold star from your dentist – very impressive. I hope your Dad is ok.

So glad you all had a good time at the weekend. The photos look great Eliza and I was really sorry to miss it. However, I’m glad to have had the ooph. The stitches came out today. The nurse’s comment was that the surgeon made sure they didn’t come undone! So a bit painful, but apparently healing well. No pain at all on the left, but the right is quite sore and when I cough or sneeze… well, let’s just say it brings tears to my eyes.

On the plus side, my joints feel normal and that’s a result! No stiffness at all. I don’t know if that’s because I’ve been resting, but time will tell. And I also feel more clear-headed than I have done for many months. I’m assuming all this is because the Zoladex has worn off. So, I’m very glad it’s done. Just a shame they couldn’t have done it sooner, when I first asked, but hey ho, that’s the NHS for you.

Val, thinking of you and J. xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Nicky - so pleased all went well...:D xxx

I had a phone call earlier to organise my ct scan... Tuesday 25th May - so not too long... not sure if i even said my onc wanted me to have that...? My side is still hurting so we want to see if we can see what is causing it... So hoping for something like gall stones... lol

Theresa x

Excellent news, Nicky. Hope your Dad has been given the info you both want.

Great layouts, Theresa.

I've not tagged any of the FB photos and will leave people to tag themselves as they wish!

E xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Glad it went well Nicky, and hope your dad is doing well also.

Great photos up on FB, well done Eliza!

Martina, hope that pesky volcano didn't disrupt your journey home?

Big hugs to the ooph gals, to everyone with Stuff going on this week, glad they've sorted out all those appts for you Carole; and to Val, I can only echo what the others have already said ((( ))).
Love to all
Rxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Back from clinic and all well. They're confident that it's just rads damage which can go on for years after rads finish. Also asked most of the questions I wanted to - those that I could remember - and came away feeling happy. Then this afternoon it was the dentist, from whom I had a gold star for how clean my teeth are. I have some discolouration at the back which may be from chemo.
Off to visit my Dad in hospital this pm. Hopefully he'll have been given a bit more information about his op on Wednesday then.
Theresa I'll have a look at your scrapbook pages on fb. I'm about to put some pictures from the weekend on there.
Nicky xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh my, what a lot to catch up with, great to hear that the weekend away went well.

Theresa, I'll PM you with my details for that scrapbook and then go off to do my catch up reading.

Debs xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi...:D

I've just added 3 more scrapbook layouts to my facebook album... not too sure about Gen's... might do another one for her later...:D

anyone not on facebook who fancies a look i can send you a link to that album even if you are not a fb member...

Theresa x

Morning everyone,

Looks like a bust week for the SRs! Hope tomorrow's surgeon appointment goes well, Nicky, and your pre-op today, Jacq. I think Val has her onc appointment tomorrow (or was it Wednesday?). Good that you've got all yours set up now, Carole. Fingers still crossed for your results, Linda.

Typical that you should wake up early on your day off, Jane! Hope your eyes improve.

Val, you, J and her family are very much in my thoughts and prayers. We walked to the aquaduct. Then Nicky, Mary & Martina walked over and back, while Rosie and I stood and chatted - to each other and to passers by.

Eliza xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning

Hope you're well on the recovery route Sal. Can't wait for mine from the positive feedback you're all giving. Months yet though. Zoladex first. Pooh!

Somebody has something on this week but I can't remember who, other than Nicky's appointment. I'll start buzzing with vibes just to be sure. 😄

Got my three set up. Plastic surgeon tomorrow, bones on Wed, CT next Tuesday.

Glad you all had a great time.

Cold again here, but warm enough for the washing to be out, so I'll tootle off and do that.

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all...Sal shame you had such negative side effects from the drugs..but you always seem to...just glad that things are now on the up for you...rest up!!
It sounds like the ooph op is a success with Gennie and Monica too...positive result!!
Carole I hope 'they' are sorting you out with your appts and that you get a date very soon for your op....thinking of you....

Jane..great that coming off tamoxifen is having a good effect on your well being...hope your poor eyes get some benefit too. Are they thinking in the future of putting you on a different tablet?

Val..best wishes and big big [[[hugs]]] for you and J...we're here for you.....was lovely to see you on Saturday!!Hope all is well at your oncs appt...
Nicky have a good onc and dental appt too.....
Linda hope you hear some news this week...
Jacq is this the 3rd time for your pre-op? Hope it goes ok today. when do you go in for the uplift?
Theresa ...hope David is better soon....
Hope your journey home was quick and smooth Martina.....

Heres to everyone working or otherwise, having a good day!

Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Val - I am so sorry to hear about J - I do hope that they can help with her pain... xxx

I've got David off school today as he was suddenly sick yesterday afternoon... he seems much better this morning but school don't like them to go in if they have been ill... I know at least one girl in his class had the same thing last week...

Jane - hope your eyes start to improve soon...

Lots of love to all with appointments etc this week... xxx

Theresa x

hi jane - what probs did you have with your eyes?? Must have missed that bit....doh......

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning SR's

Wouldn't you know it! Its my day off and I woke at 05.30 GREAT!!!!

Anyhow, sounds like you all had a fabulous time in Shropshire. Fingers crossed, I won't be working on the next meet.

Val, so sorry to read about your friend, J. My heart goes out to her family and friends. I do hope they can sort some pain relief out soon.

Sal, great to to see you home and hopefully the anesthetic is wearing of by now. Hope you and Monica are resting up now.

Millions of possitive vibes, to all those having appointments, waiting for results this week. Linda, I'm a great believer in, no news is good news.

Well, 4 days without Tamoxifen and I can't believe how well feel. My eyes are no better yet but the problem in my lady garden, has almost cleared up. Also I don't feel so bloated and have been sleeping better. Generally I just feel healthier, if you know what I mean. Not sure if I will have a period or not and if I do, will it be the period from hell??

Grey and miserable here. Extremely cold. The new boiler we had fitted last week packed in last night!! Water pressure has dropped to zero and its turned itself off. so waiting to phone the plumber that fitted it and he'd better get here quick or else......... lol

Take care everyone xx

I'm glad you went to the acquaduct.Did you walk or catch the boat?
I saw J today.I cant talk about it sorry,she is so very ill and in such pain.
Thanks for your support all of you.
Love Vx

Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you to a wonderful group of ladies for such a fantastic weekend. I too can only echo what others have said. Those of us left at the end had a lovely walk along the lane and even managed to eat some lunch sat out in the sunshine. Then a visit to the aquaduct before each of us going our own ways. Hope that Martina has got in the air safely.
Val I hope that your visit to J went smoothly.
Sal and Monica glad that you're both home and not too much under the weather.
Jacq good luck with the pre-op tomorrow.
Val I hope that your onc appt goes well on Tuesday.
I have an appt with the surgeon tomorrow morning and then the dentist tomorrow afternoon.
Early night for me I think.
Nicky xx

Hello everyone.

I can only echo what has already been said - a wonderful weekend with an amazing group of women of which I am so proud to be a part. At various points over the weekend we remembered all those who couldn't be with us this time.

Thanks to Mary and Clare for the organisation of accommodation and food.

Glad to hear you're home, Sal.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Howdy folks...yep all that Sandra said...Had a great time...I was an early bird, but still late for me...the views were fantastic! Pity it was too windy to let off the lanterns and was 'peeped' on by the gentleman in the car...got you thinking eh!

You are all fantastic women...and to see what a skilled lot we are, in different things is great! Thanks for a couple of lovely breakfasts Sandra and for organising things Mary, and for giving me an impromtu cardmaking lesson Nicky...in our Pjs hehehe..and to everyone else for just being there.....

Clare an added thankyou for taking me and Lyn...we would probs be arriving just now if you hadn't....must learn to drive...mmmmm or not!!!!

loved it and can't wait till ashbourne (fingers crossed).....

will go back and do catch up with the posts now..
ta ta for now

Helenxxx

ps my tattoo is going well...bit of bleeding but ok, but couldn't go in the hot tub, cos couldn't get it wet....so haven't looked at it yet...can't wait till the revealing tonight...ooohhh so excited...mmmmm

Guest user
Not applicable

Back home safe and sound - didn't meet any other cars on the narrow steep bit - whew!!

Ditto to everything Sandra said - How proud am I to have such a wonderful group of friends.

Love to all

Clare X

Guest user
Not applicable

YEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ! Well that's me back from another hugely successfull Storm Riders weekend. Thank you to everyone there for making it such an enjoyable time.You are such a great bunch of inspirational,funny,witty,caring and thoughful women and it just makes me very proud and happy to call you all my friends.

Soooo,we just about managed with the amount of food and drink brought......not too much at all....yeah right !

Lots of laughs through the weekend as expected ,including the puppy in the hot tub....the sky lanterns were a disaster on account of it being too windy to light them and didn't even get one up,but we did well not to set anyone on fire and oooh had a run in with a Welsh farmer who had a proper attitude on him,we should have played the cancer card...kerching, but were too busy telling him that we weren't actually up to anything untoward and what we had were eco friendly and burn away to nothing and were no danger to man nor beast and anyway there hasn't to our knowledge been any laws banning there use so as it was a free country what was his problem???????

We got back to the bunkhouse in one piece and a few of us managed to stay up till 2.30am puting the world to rights as only the Storm Riders can.

So I have been charged with organising the next meet,look out for the emails coming up with dates etc,prob be back to Ashbourne if we can get it,will keep you posted,yup there's no stopping us ! Onwards and upwards ! Big love and hugs to all especially the ones that couldn't make this meet,look forward to seeing you at the next one !

Sandra x

Morning SRs,

Another grey and bleak day in London. Yesterday we went on a house tour in Hampstead - the home of Erno Goldfinger, who designed the Trellick Tower in London and was a pioneer of modern architecture, in a style that was governed by paring back the look of a building to the bare minimum or its infrastructure. Wood looks like wood, and not painted etc). Looked rather plain and functional to me - but seen as pioneering in his day. We arrived too early for viewing and as it is a domestic dwelling - there's no waiting area, so we shivered outside for nearly an hour. I don't go to Hampstead very often, as really much prefer South London to the North of the city - but it is a really beautiful village. A real sense of the country in the town. Reminds me of the English enclaves in Paris. We had lunch in the oldest continuing cafe in London called the coffee cup.

I love Saturday night tv at the moment with Over the rainbow, and Britain's got talent. We then watched a B grade horror film last called Slither (remake I think of an earlier version) - with strange slug like things consuming people from within. Very camp, dreadful dialogue but strangely gripping if you are into gore.

Jacq, sorry don't mean to worry you about your forthcoming surgery. My wounds are really healing now, and can see the new skin forming at the edges of the wound and the area is gradually filling in. It is a bit inconvenient having to apply the dressing every day and make a trip or so a week to the plastics clinic, but the result is good and it won't be for much longer. Here's a test - knowing what I know now, and if I was heading for the op the first time I would not be scared at all and seize the opportunity to be even again.

Good luck with the results Linda, as you say if you haven't heard yet, then that's a good sign.

Lovely to hear back on the meet Val, can't wait to find out more about it.

Theresa, it is an unsettling time - I wouldn't be so worried about your OH's job. The work needs to be done, and think if anything there is a greater risk to government researchers' posts in London, as the desire is to move as many posts out of town as possible. My OH was until a couple of years ago a government labour market and education economist (retired now) and he survived lots of cuts and changes in political direction. I do hope David's provision though will be safe. Though if it is a Conservative gov, it may be that there will be particular attention to provision for children with special needs, given that what much of politicans do is driven by their own values and experiences ( thinking of Cameron's own son etc).

Wishing everyone a good Sunday.

Victoria xxx

Morning, Di and Theresa, and all, oh - and Val (sounds ominous)!

Yes, this country will probably be in (more of) a mess for the foreseeable future, Theresa, let's hope the needy get priority - or at the very least no less than they receive at the moment.

I know what you mean about the blubbing and speaking, Di. Eldest is getting married in July and asked me if I wanted to give a speech (dead Dad), and I said that - yes, I'd dearly love to - but wouldn't be able to get past the first couple of words before losing it.

Good luck with your results this week, Linda, hopefully. I'm at the hospital at the crack of dawn for pre-op tests - yet again - let's hope it's third time lucky, and it's the last!

Love your photo sign, Di, so very very true.

Love and hugs, xxJacqxx. (Off to yet another wedding exhibition - yep, she's all last minute this daughter.)

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Val...:D Oooh no has someone been unseated from their horse...?

Theresa x

I went to the meet for the evening yesterday and as always was struck by how very close the Storm Riders have become.We drank a toast to all of you and I will leave it to others to tell you the 'ups and downs'[tee hee]of the adventure 🙂

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all

I hope the meet is going well and not too many sore heads this morning, I was thinking off you all yesterday.

Pleased to hear you are both home and recovering Sal and Monica, you'll no doubt soon be running again Sal knowing you!

How is the puppy getting on by the way Gen? Is he into everything now?

Back to GP Tuesday so will hopefully get another step forward in getting my shoulder fixed, sleeping is the worst which is interrupted every time I turn over.

Debs, I have read your thread and think you have been given some good advice. I know I would not be able to do it, I tried giving a short speech at my 50th bash last year and got 3 words into it before I was blubbing but it doesn't take a lot to set me off these days! I do think as has been said a lot of things are done with the best of intentions but I would feel a bit like I was being wheeled out etc. Good luck whatever you decide.

Grey and dull weather here today, where did that summer go?

Big hugs to all and look forward to hearing from the travellers later,

Di xxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Looks like a very rainy day here today... just watching the news about more flights cancelled in Europe today... wonder if we will get to Menorca next month at this rate... looks like it is not going to be sure until we actually go at this rate...

Hope the storm riders can a good time last night...:D

Linda - hope they soon let you know the results... {{{hugs}}}

Jacq - I would try to avoid picking her up if you can... xxx

Val - thinking of J and all of you affected... hope things are peaceful... xxx

Gennie - how is Lily getting on...? and has Monty forgiven you yet?

Monica - hope the party went well last night - we will have to work out a suitable date for us all to meet up on the North East thread...:D

Victoria - I am worrying about all the job cuts the Tories are planning in the North East... There are not that many jobs up here in the first place... Plus of course wondering what will happen to health and provision for children like David...:(

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,

Get well soon to the ooph girls and hope the Oswestry trip is going well. Mouth is a bit tender but well thanks Theresa. Still no word from onc on test so I have to think no news is good news. Might ring up next week but not so bothered about it now.

Thinking of you and your friend Val, may her time now be peaceful and painfree.

Catch you soon.

Linda

Hi Sal - great to see you back home safely, and really sorry you have a tough time after the anaesthetic. Re the flushes - I didn't get any immediately after the op - they sort of crept up on me, reached a crescendo for a couple of months and are now dying down again.

Victoria - I meant to respond to your question re the reasons for an ooph, in my case it was that I was having some intolerable side effects from the tamoxifen, zoladex wasn't suitable because my blood pressure is very sensitive so the only other option was an ooph and AI's. I had my op done privately but I had to send in letters from my surgeon and Onc justifying the medical reasons for it and they did say they'd do it on the NHS if my insurance company said no so I believe it was the right thing for me in any event. It wasn't about reducing the risk of ovarian cancer although I must say the fact that it's one less thing to worry about is an added bonus.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello
Sal, sorry you had a rough time after your ooph, getting over the anaesthetic - what a bu**er.
I've had a few mild flushes since I said they had stopped (typical) but so few and so mild, its just nothing like it was.
Long may it continue...
love to everyone xx

Morning lovelies - and hope those in the back of beyond have bearable hangovers! Lord - those directions - I would never have been seen again! My worst fault - no sense of how to get anywhere at all, and even worse at trying to get back.

Very sad to hear of your dear friend, Val, hope she's free of any suffering .... so evil all of this.

Well, Sal and Monica - ooph, ooph and away - sounds like it's working already for you both, congrats!

Enjoy the film, Theresa, sounds lovely (not).

And you out with the horses, Lizzy, brrrrr. How cold was it last night?

Hope your wounds are healing quickly, Victoria. Saw your posts on another thread, and you can stop writing about it now - pleeeeaaaase! - frightening the life out of me for my boob job in a fortnight. Lord, a fortnight, didn't realise it was coming round that quickly 'til I just typed it 😞

Do you think I'll be able to pick littlelegs up about 10 days after? Mind you I could probably manage with not having to - as she climbs up onto everything. It's just that I'm having the other side's nipple recon at the same time. Oh well, soon see I guess.

Sorry, didn't respond to your thread, Debs, re: what to say - only 2 words really.

Yawn, another coffee is calling, so sick of all this political mess on the media everywhere. It is worrying though - what a stupid way to vote in a civilised society.

Love and hugs to all, xxJacqxx.

Hoping the Oswestry meet is going well.

Enjoy the cinema Theresa.

Sorry you had a bad time in recovery Sal, but glad you slept well last night and thanks for the advice on zoladex v ooph.

Not sure what we will do today. It was going to be a garden, but really too wintry for that.

I am worrying about the general election results in terms of what it means for bc sufferers. Cuts no matter how they are dressed up will inevitably result in poorer treatment, and no doubt survival stats. At times like this, just realise how vulnerable we are.

Wishing everyone a good weekend.

Victoria xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sal, glad it's over for you! - sorry you felt rough - make sure you get everyone looking after you for a bit! Amazing that it has such a quick effect for both you and Monica - result!

Val, so sorry to hear your sad news, I hope J is pain free and peaceful, love and thoughts to her family and friends.

Theresa, brilliant news about your results - so pleased for you.

Wonder how the posse are getting on? - bet they're having a good time!

Where's summer got to? Flipping cold wind again here, not impressed at all!

Best go and see the horses, been a bit neglected last week,
Lizzie x

Guest user
Not applicable

Sal - good to see you home, sorry to hear you had a rough time in recovery... {{{hugs}}}

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Val, so sorry to hear your news. Thinking about about you.

Well, true to form, I was rough after the anaesthetic. They put me out at 10:45, I was told the op would be about half an hour. Left recovery at 3:30, having felt really sick despite being given loads of meds to avoid it. Thought I'd be going home in the evening, but had a very woozy spell when I got up and was running a bit of a temperature, so I had to stay in overnight. Got home yesterday about 2pm.

Feeling sore but otherwise fine and I had the best night sleep last night since I went on Zoladex last July! Hot flushes seem to be reduced too, so hooray for the ooph I say!!! Glad your's went well Monica.

Victoria, I asked for an ooph as soon as I went on Zoladex, as I don't react well to drugs. Unfortunately, they weren't keen. Then I found out that they suspected my mother's primary cancer was ovarian (she died over 30 years ago) and they were only too happy to refer me. So for me the reasoning is two fold - reduction of risk and one less drug. And it'll be nice not have to work out when my injections are due before I plan any trips away.

Hope your tattoo went well Helen and that you are all having a wonderful weekend. Hopefully all those absent will be able to make it next time.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hope all the storm riders at the meet are having a great time - i'm sure they are...:D

Me and David are off to the pictures in a bit - we are going to see Furry Vengence... the word slapstick springs to mind - i'm sure David will love it...

Linda - hope all went well with the dental procedure... xxx

Debs - looks like you have now had quite a few replies on your thread... I would only add don't do it if it is only going to cause you upset and stress... if you don't feel like actually speaking perhaps you could give your friend something to hand out at the end... perhaps email addresses for the blogs of people like Dippykate and Pash who are no longer with us...? that should tell them what it is like to live with and die from bc...

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Val, so sorry to hear about your dear friend, there aren't the words to say what is meant, but sending love. I hope she is able to move through the next days in peace and tranquility, and that her family and friends are able to share some of that.
Debs, Victoria, re ooph- had op on weds, had already stopped having periods since chemo (I'm 51) but was having cyclical hormonal symptoms - ie had plenty of oestrogen circulating - and was having constant flushes and night sweats. Have to tell you - so far, no more flushes, no more night sweats, have stopped pv bleeding already, wounds tiny and healing very quickly, referred pain to shoulders and abdominal pain well managed with paracetamol and codeine. Can't believe how much better I am feeling already. Sorry if thats too much detail, but just wanted to share a good picture.
I've been having horrible headaches for about 5 weeks and was getting frightened to be honest, and they have also just stopped, so feeling really good.
I hope you have a similar experience Sal and that those considering/facing ooph can maybe feel a bit more positive about it.
Have a fantastic time, you travellers, I will also raise a glass to you from the house party I'm going to tomorrow
love to everyone
monica xxx

Val I'm so sorry to hear about J - thoughts and prayers are with her and everyone who loves her.

Debs, I'll toddle over and have a look at your query.

Today DH and I were supposed to be going to London for the day to the National Gallery. Instead he has decided his cold is too bad to do anything except sit on the sofa and work and watch the election coverage. Rarely have I been so bored and cheesed off. However, in the light of Val's news I will have a word with myself and count some blessings.

Guest user
Not applicable

I've posted a question in the "family, partners and friends" section which I'd be grateful to receive feedback on. I'm after comments from everyone and anyone, but would really appreciate hearing the views of Storm Riders in particular. If anyone has time, the thread is called "What do I say?"

Many thanks
Debs xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear Val so sorry to hear about J - my thoughts are with her and with you at this difficult time.

Love and Hugs Clare X

Guest user
Not applicable

So good to see you posting already Monica, wonderful that you are home and feeling chipper. Here's hoping that Sal will soon be the same.

Thanks to everyone who replied to Victoria on the ooph question, I have been carefully watching the answers and have no doubt that my little brain will be processing and wondering. I'm sure there'll be more questions when its done that bit of the work.

Really pleased about your new Theresa & Val I'm joining the others in positive vibing for your onc appointment on Tuesday. Man-flu eh Gen? There are times when I'm reminded why living on my own is apppealing! ;o) Good luck with the tattoo Helen, although I'm now imagining a cross between the Lone Ranger's Silver and Champion the wonder horse galloping across your breast ....

To everyone attending the weekend, I'll raise a glass (or two) to you from the holy communion celebration I'm attending this weekend. I'm sure you'll all have a fabulous time and I look forward to the next one when I can meet you in person.

Debs xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Val - so sorry to hear about J... I hope she is peaceful and will be thinking of all her family and friends... xxx

Theresa x

So sorry to hear this, Val. Sending you all love and prayers. I will be listening to her as I drive over today.

E xx