Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Storm Riders/A Town Called Determination

Morning everyone...:D

I am meeting up with my friend Sarah this morning... I mentioned recently that I found out a friend had been diagnosed with bc at Christmas - she is on chemo at the moment and this is the first chance we've had to meet up as she has been having a bad time with low blood counts / infections and having to be admitted to hospital etc... It will be good to see her - our sons were diagnosed as being autistic at the same time 10 years ago and we used to keep in contact quite alot but lost contact when she moved house a few years ago...

Victoria - hope work isn't too busy / stressy for you the next few months as you recover from the op... Nigel is off down to London today...

Theresa x

Good evening SRs,

You are looking really good on the low carb diet Sandra in the latest SR photos.

I hope your stomach is better now Theresa.

Carole, I wonder if you had been given the stronger Taxotere chemo the first whether it would have warded off the new primary/recurrance? Your hair is looking so lovely now - would you consider using the cold cap to preserve it. It does work for around 75 percent of patients - and it did for me. I'm glad the play rehearsal is going well.

Excellent news about your scan Linda - and good luck with the plastic surgery appoinment.

That's good news about your father Nicky.

On the subject of plastic surgery - I met a nice lady in the bed next to me when I had my surgery in early April. She writes on this site sometimes - and think she reads our strand. I've suggested she might join as she would make an excellent SR.

My day has not been that exciting, dressings clinic in the morning and work. Things are hectic there, but rather that than not much happening.

Take care.

Victoria xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

It's three quarters of an hour Carole and Jacq...I'd be fit as a flea if it was 3 to 4 hours!!! cor blimey...
OOhh your part sounds pretty saucy Carole! I mean your character part..er not your body part teehee!

I got rang up tonight by my acting folk too. Asked me if I wanted to do a comedy bit in a show they're doing. Said I can't at the mo, but will be up for the next panto .....can't wait!!!

Helenxx

Ah, very good news, Linda, congrats.

And yes, up and at 'em, Carole, you'll be just fine once it all starts. And I know it's an 'again', and yes I would be aaaarrrggh too! But what can you do? Head down and off you go 🙂

Glad your lovely Dad will be back with you again soon, Nicky, bet you've really missed him.

Achey ribs will be gone soon, Theresa. Sandra's diet sounds much nicer than yours!

Please tell me that's just 3/4's of an hour, Helen, and not the other ... making me feel like a proper couch potato otherwise.

Hope you're feeling better, Sal.

xxJacqxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Rehearsals are going fabulously! The first unveiling, as it were, is on Sunday. Got my toupee tape ready to stick the chemise to my boobs. Just hope my "lover" doesn't get too exuberant and reveal my posterior in the rush!

(Titter - this will keep the moderators et al guessing!!! ;))

Guest user
Not applicable

Carol - i think you are right and they don't tend to give primary patients the same chemo twice... although i have seen some of the secondary ones go back to one they had success with in the past... I know i was told there was a lifetime limit on the ac i could have due to the heart risk problems - but not sure if that was the a or the c... Good to hear that oh is being supportive... How did the dress rehearsal go? Did you contain your modesty?

Eliza - feeling more human again thanks... main problem is just my ribs playing up it hurts to laugh, cough most things lol

Helen - sounds like the walking is going well...:D

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Guys

MmmMmmm, mixed spice, my favourite. Send me a food parcel Sandra!

Theresa, no news on the chemo yet. I won't know that till results time after the op I don't think. But if I remember rightly, you can't get the same thing twice. OH is being great about it all.

Helen, ahem, is that 3 to 4 hours walking or three quarters? You go girl if it's 3-4 hours!!!! Three quarters is pretty groovy too.

Guest user
Not applicable

AAAhhhhhhggggggrrrrrhhhhhh.........right with you on that Carole...sounds like a year of stuff going on....but less than 2wks to the first op...thats good! And yet more chemo...well full sympathies love...but as you so often say , chuck everything at this b***** disease that you can....Show it whose boss!!
Hope your chickens are ok by the way!! after their adventure in your house that is!!

Linda what great news!! as you say onwards and upwards!!

Been walking everyday since I saw my gp...usually about 3/4hrs long there and back...yep I time myself now!! It was nice thanks Eliza.

catch ya all later!
Helenxx

Great news, Linda and I'm so pleased you're not having to wait any longer. Hope tomorrow's appointment and the dentist go well.

Also pleased to hear that you've got the date for your op, Carole. A bit annoying that they can't manage to coincide at the moment but at least things are moving along. Positive vibes for the scans. Not surprised you're a bit AARRGH'D, but we're all here vibing and doing all other necessary supportive rituals.

Sounds like your dad is making excellent progress, Nicky and hopefully you can fetch him out tomorrow.

Ummmm, love that mixed spice smell, Sandra!

How was the walk, Helen? I try to have a walk each day - either at lunchtime or after work. Didn't get a lunchtime today so it was after work but some days I have a lunchtime walk with someone from the information service so it is sociable as well as healthy!

Hope you are feeling better this evening, Theresa.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Carole - good that you have got a date for the op.... but arrghh to the delays on the mx etc...:( Have they said which chemo it will be this time? {{{hugs}}} How is John being about it all...?

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Excellent result on your Dad there Nicky. Give him a big SR hug!

Victoria, you are right in there at the pointy end of this malarkey. How cool is that! Let's see how they both do. Go guys, go!

Op on 26 May. However, lovely surgeon (had a great conversation with her on the phone a few minutes ago), and plastic surgeon (no less lovely) are struggling to come up with a coinciding date, so I'm getting tumour and nodes out on the 26th. Almost certainly then heading for chemo again - because I'm young apparently. After that I'll switch to Zoladex and we'll do the mastectomy/recon, then the ovaries. Ho Boy, this is going to drag for months! Ah well, onwards and upwards. At least I get the bone and CT scan results next week, so if they're clear, excellent. Breathe and move on.

Did I say I'm just a little AAAARRRRGHED about this whole thing. No? AAAAAAAARRRRRRRGH!

Missed the Dubai bit. Way to go Ros. Sunscreen, lots of sunscreen. 😉

Guest user
Not applicable

Linda - that is great news...:D What a relief...:D

Nicky - hope your Dad is home soon...x

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello girls,

Wait is over, phoned them today and got the news - scan was clear. Phew!!! Onwards and upwards as they say. Got the plastic surgeon tomorrow morning, tempted to ask her to throw in a couple of other procedures. Make me beautiful!!

Sandra, just read your post. I have just been to doctors surgery for the three yearly 'lay back and think of England' job. Talked about taking abs on holiday and the nurse agreed. I also mentioned taking aspirin and she said it was a good idea and to do it three days before the flight and after. Get yourself on the avon website and buy some skin so soft. you may know this already, but it is the best insect repellent ever! (even if it isnt marketed as such)

Anyway, going running in a bit with running club, no work tomorrow appointment in morning and more dental torture in afternoon. Both are in London so wouldnt be worth going back to school as would only be there for lunch before i turn around. Thinking of taking myself down to Nicola Jane and trying to get a 'lighter' boob for now. Will also meet OH for lunch.

Although I am doing WW, i am trying to keep the diet low carb. Personally i think too many carbs drain your energy. I used to be a vegetarian and I was always tired!!

Catch you soon.

Linda

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks for all your good wishes for my Dad. I've been to see him this afternoon and he's amazed how much better than pre-op he's already feeling. He's raring to go but just waiting for his blood clotting levls to settle down before he can come home.
Sandra it sounds like you're soon going to need help on your stall!
Glad that it's all going so well.
I'm at the caravan and as usual my mobile broadband is being tempermental. I can read, but not reply to, my emails. My response is that I can make all times suggested but the new venue would be my first option.
Will go before my broadband drops out.
Nicky xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hope your Dad continues well on the road to recovery Nicky.

Yup Victoria, am back on the low carb diet after a weekend off it, certainly works for me,have now lost a stone and a half,still plenty to go though ,but am doing it to lose the fat before I'm post menopasal and it also helps not to be carrying so much weight if you have lymphoedema. It just works as I'm not at all hungry on it,not like any other diet but seems to be doing the trick. Right enough think I'm getting a bit more exercise doing my markets twice a week.

Had my last MLD before hols today and my nurse is fantastic and even got me a pair of flight socks(right enough I have been taking her the odd packet of scones).At increased risk of dvt due to tamoxifen so will be taking asprin for a couple of days before flight and will def be getting a just in case supply of antibiotics from docs before I go,certainly don't want to be hospitalised with cellulitus from a silly cut or graze if I can help it so tis just a precaution.Also got booked in a couple of MLD appointments when I get back to shift the old lymph fluid again after the flights,can't fault the service I get at all.

Hope you are taking it easy Theresa,these bugs always take it out of you.
Enjoy your walk Helen,am offski to get the gingerbread men made for tomorrow,sold 40 yesterday ! Think they must be walking off my stall on their own ! Big hugs and wafts of mixed spice with it to all.

Sandra x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning everyone...:D

Just popped down town for some bits and pieces but think i will stick close to home now... My ribs are still hurting alot from the other day...

Victoria - good idea to try and ease yourself back into work gently....

Linda - hope you manage to speak to someone today x

Nicky - good to hear that your Dad's op went well...x

Theresa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Ll..
Hope your dad progresses well Nicky...great its over and done with.
Linda...you should get some info satisfaction at last...good luck with the phone call.
Jacq..your dental treatment was so swift and sorted!great!
Carole you should be getting that op date very soon...got to give you some notice!

It's sunny again today. It was like winter temps yesterday! Hope its warmer....what a muddle our climate is in!!

Will go for walkies soon....so have a good day all..

Helenxxx

Morning, Mary. Morning, all.

Good to hear that your Dad is doing well, Nicky and hope he will be out on Friday.

Hope the day goes well for us all,
Eliza xx

Nicky - glad your Dad is ok bless him, he'll be able to rest up at the 'van....love to all, mary xx

Good evening SRs,

I need to catch up on everyone's posts, and will do later.

It was my second day back at work today, and just feel so tired by about half past three so go home about then. Today our new Secretary of State arrived, Michael Gove, and we all listened with interest to his welcome speech. It all seemed positive, so it will be interesting to see how things develop over the coming month.

Just wondered Sandra if you are still following a low carb diet. A couple of my friends are doing this with quite impressive results.

Thinking of you all.

Victoria xx

Linda, I think that sounds very ok!!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello sr's

Agree with you, far too cold for this time of year. We should be having a mini heatwave by now and issuing drought warnings!!

I visit the fang carpenter on Friday Jacq for my next round of oral torture. The things we gels go through. Still none the wiser on my scan. The nurse left another message and said she thought i had a good point that 3 june was too far off but said it wasnt policy to give out results over phone. However, she had had a look and it looked alright but If i ring another nurse tomorrow she will go through it with me. I think that sounds ok???? Trouble with teaching you cant just go and pick a phone up but it is PPA tomorrow afternoon so will get a chance then.

Carole, hope it all goes smoothly with your scans. Ros Dubai, so jealous but then there is the lympho problem. I know if we go abroad this year, I will want to get a bit of a colour. However, will have to be entirely sensible, put a high factor on arms and use a fake to make them match the rest of body. I will probably make sure i ask my lympho nurse about taking some ab's in case of emergency and also I would have thought it might be a good idea to have an aspirin before I fly to lower risk of DVT.

Seaside meet up sounds good. I have been to Skeggy a few times out of season and there is always fun to be had there.

Anyway rambled on and on and on.

Hugs to all.

Linda

Oh, just crossed, Nicky. Congrats to your Dad (he looks lovely in your pics).

What's the seaide then .... Sarfend? xxx

Well done Carole .... you're up and running already, girl!

Yep, that's what my smile looked like - a nasty, skinny stump - I looked like a proper thug - lol!

Eliza, it wasn't even a normal KitKat, it was one of those new, soft ones - Senses. Thought I'd got an extra bit of an alien substance in my mouth - letters of complaint immediately sprang to mind, with visions of boxes of KitKats coming through the post - so many that they were trapping me in the house until I noshed (sucked after yesterday) my way through them.

Lord Sandra, how will you manage? You need me out there doing the selling for you - love the cold - everybody keeps their coats on in my house. It sounds like City Airport in here, there are fans on at full blast in every room.

Alan Sugar's on in a mo with the new Junior Apprentice - love those sort of programmes.

Love and hugs to all, xxxJacqxxx.

Guest user
Not applicable

Carole glad that so far your appointments are going smoothly.
Glad to hear that all went well with the onc yesterday Val.
I hope that your tummy has settled Theresa.
What a lot of dental appts this week - I think that I got away the most lightly at the dentist.
My Dad has had his pacemaker fitted today and is sore but ok. Hopefully he should be home on Friday.
Seaide - that sounds like a good idea!
Hopefully the week will improve for those who haven't had a good start.
Nicky xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Excellent news on Ned,Val. Oh dear Theresa - hope you're feeling better soon.

Jacq - I broke a tooth on a very soft apricot pastry!! Great Dentist you've found there.

Carole - hope you have a steady, uneventful journey through your appointments, especial big ((hugs))

Ros - hope you get sorted before Dubai.

Love to all
Clare XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Excellent Val! What a relief.

Theresa, take care there. Barf bags to hand! 😄

I did that to my crown on a fruit gum Jacq. Or is it a cap, can never remember. Ugly wee post sticking out of the gum.

Bone scan done. Manage to rehearse my lines 4 times while on the table! Unexpectedly productive. 😄 Pre-op done. Well the first one anyway. Glasgow Royal think I'm having the op there, I think I'm at Wishaw. So I now have the GR one done, but if I'm at Wishaw they'll apparently want to do their own. Sheesh! CT scan next on Tuesday, and I'm hoping I'll get an op date between now and then.

Right, off to rehearsals in a wee while, having cleaned up the little parcels a whole wily gang of chickens left in the kitchen! Pesky varmints. Leave the door open, turn your back, and they're in there quicker'n you can crack an egg. 😄

Guest user
Not applicable

Hurrah for your results Val,excellent news,so sorry that J is struggling with pain,that is just not right in this day and age.Hugs for you both.

Hope you are feeling better Theresa,I'm a fan of the old kaolin and morphine mixture ,always sorts me out.

Eliza and Claire hope your week is getting better at work,am just back from the market and frozen to the bone,brrrrrrr,am seriously worried how I will keep warm during the winter months if I'm like this now,either have to resort to many layers or just add another layer of blubber ! Anyone know any good thermal underwear companies?

Ros, nip their heads re your lymphoedema,tell them your arm is really heavy and aching and that you have a long flight booked in the none too distant future.

Hope your head isn't total mince Carole and you are ticking off your appointments,big hugs.

Excellent quick dentist appointment Jaqu,hope that is the last of any dilemas for a while.

Right am offski for a hot soak in the bath to warm up....brrrrr.

Sandra x

Sounds like you've found a really good dentist there, Jacq. I didn't realise KitKat was so lethal!

Yes, we'll have to have an advocacy chat at some point, Mary. Would be good to hear about it.

Don't worry, Theresa. I should probably have nagged people more. I won't make the same mistake with the SR recipe book!!! How are you feeling today?

Hope you can speed up your appointment, Ros.

Hope today has gone smoothly, Carole.

Love to all,
Eliza xx

Oooh, Ros, Dubai - HOT!!! - with a fat arm to boot. I must admit I've loved the cool weather this week.

Tooth done! Next! - lol - Helen (why do I tempt fate?).

Popped into my friend's to leave littlelegs with her whilst I went on an emergency dentist lookabout. (Turns out that since my last session, my dentist has gone back to South Africa - perhaps he's a footballer now.)

Anyway, her daughter was there and rang hers and they said if I could get there in 5 minutes they'd see me - vroooom, I was there in 3. Marvellous woman - replaced crown in 3 minutes and gave me an appointment in a week's time for checkup. How lucky was I?

Hope your innards are a bit steadier now, Theresa. Don't forget to get some Collis Browne's Mixture to keep indoors for emergency tummy troubles.

Love and hugs to all who need some (all of us!) xxxJacqxxx.

Hi Ros

I am posting the link to the BCC publication 'Living with lymphoedema after breast cancer' which you may find helpful to read, you can read, order or download it here:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/healthcare-professionals/publications/quick-order-list/*/changeTe...

Best wishes
Lucy

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi folks - just a quickie during the lunch break.
Thanks for organising the meet , Mary, also thanks to Sandra and Clare for the cookery.
Lovely to meet you at last , Martina - not sure about the airs but I'm sure some will agree with you that I have no graces.
Sorry to hear about J, Val - let's hope they can manage her pain better soon.
Best of luck and good vibes to all with checks, surgery and anything else this week.
By the way , I have now joined the ranks of the lymphomaniacs - I was diagnosed last Friday morning. I now face a long wait for a lympho clinic appointment - they currently have a 6 week waiting list, and I am due to fly to Dubai in 5 - I think I have some persuading to do !
All the best , Ros.

Would it be nice to have a sea-side meet some time?I think Rosie mentioned it on Saturday and it would solve the sky lantern problem beautifully.
I went to the dentist this morning 😞 uncomfortable but no probs.J continues to struggle-awful pain a lot of the time.
Good luck Carole-and every one waiting for treatment or results.
Love Vxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all...Great results Val...a big sigh of relief I hear. And thinking of J too...gentle vibes sent her way....and yours!

Carole...you've got me to a 'T' . The doc who does my US has got to be quite stunning to match up to my PS (plastic surgeon)...well in my eyes...:-). Good luck with getting your other stuff done today. You're gonna be a mite busy these next few weeks...

Theresa hope you start feeling better as the day goes on...my lass was proper poorly with sickness, chest infection and flu last week. It's hard when you have to carry on and look after the kids as well..Here's a 'wave' of fresh, clean air to fight your bugs..on its way to you!!

Linda..no news is good news...but its a damn pain to wait for 'no news'...they really don't seem to 'get' that do they. Hope you get some news soon...let us know.

A tooth problem now Jacq! Always something..someone up there doesn't want you to be bored missus...hope you get into a dentist to get it sorted soon...appts with them are like gold dust!

Mary ..that was one of the things I wanted to ask you about...re your voluntary job...hope its giving you some satisfaction.....

Clare and Eliza..hope your rest of the week starts to pick up! Only 3 days to go till the weekend!!

Love the pics on fb...those with appts and treatments..have a good day. You workers take it easy and everyone else...'peace man' (hippy style)

Helenxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning...:D

Feeling very fragile still and hardly got any sleep... But i think i will try and get another hour or so once David has gone to school...

Theresa x

Tut Theresa, best give that appointment to me.

Poor you, have you taken anything for it? We all went out on Sunday to Pizza Express - lovely - 'til 2am. Had a great big glug of Collis Browne's Mixture (old fashioned stuff) and it worked within minutes - I swear by that stuff, it's brilliant. Always keep the biggest bottle in house at all times.

Hope you sleep ok, xJacqx.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello everyone...:D

Stay away - unclean! lol Well at 11.30 i suddenly started to feel ill and have spent the rest of the day being as sick as a dog....:( It is such a nasty virus - my stomach muscles were in such spasms...:( So i've missed history being made this evening... Now just hoping that Nigel doesn't come down with it as well...

Val - great news on your appointment... 😄

Carole - yes i am sure we could all give the doctors a run for their money these days...

Linda - do hope you manage to get your results out of them sooner... {{{hugs}}}

Eliza - thanks for doing the photo cd... sorry for being such a nag...

Jacq - hugs for your poor tooth... i am meant to have a dentist appointment on Thursday morning but will phone and cancel it in the morning - the last thing i can face at the moment is someone sticking their fingers in my mouth....

Theresa x

Oh no, just bit into a KitKat, and front crown has come off. Very pretty - look like one of those beauties off of Dr. Who last week - and it's starting to throb already.

Why can't I ever have a normal, boring day 😞

Linda, that's the best part of another month - ridiculous. Don't you just despair of all this red tape when we have enough going through our minds? As you say though, they're not in any rush - so prob all good.

Glad all your treatment is on the move now, Carole. Be over and done with before you know it.

Know how you feel, Clare, can't believe it's only Tuesday still. Really feels like it should be at least Friday tomorrow.

Just spent the last hour hunting the house for my back door key - which I stupidly left in the lock which Littlelegs can now reach. Had to go through rubbish - remains of a fish pie, half empty yoghurt pots, etc., yuk. She'd very kindly put it in with the sticklebricks - one of the last places I looked - note to self to get a spare one cut asap.

Well done with your good news today, Val, congrats - and hope your dear friend is as comfortable as is possible.

Well, we now have a pretty boy (and wife) running the country - could be interesting. Did feel sorry for poor Sarah stood next to Gordon though. (Have you managed to get in the kitchen yet, Rosie?)

xJacqx

Eliza - I never got to speak to you about my advocacy job did I....will do.....Linda - none next wk and don't forget, jewellry/watch/shave legs n armpits, have haircut, strip off.....all useful tips for weigh-in.....mary x

[[[[hugs]]]], Clare. I've had a fairly hellish day at work today too but am finding getting absorbed in the political stuff a good antidote!

Linda, no you are not being impatient. Being expected to wait until 4th June is totally unacceptable. Yes, it must surely mean everything is okay, but you need to KNOW that.

E xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello all,

Just read all the posts for last couple of days and can I remember who said what with whom? No, fraid not. Do remember Jacq is now a hormone gal, good news. Val, thinking of you still at this tough time and Carole, glad to see things are moving well. Best to everyone else and glad you had such a fab time oop north!!

Now heres my story.... Rang bcn yesterday and left message on answerphone asking if scan results in. Message on my answerphone today. Computer says no, results are not in yet but she is sure that the onc will give them to me when she sees me on June 3rd. Now tell me if am i being a bit impatient here, but I think that it is far too bl**dy long to wait for potentially devastating results. Honestly!! She did say it appears i have cancelled an appointment in May. NO I DIDNT!! they did and two others earlier in the year. I have now left another message to that effect on their answerphone. I sometimes wonder if some of them have ever had anything to do with cancer patients. Anyway, still think (hope) that it is unlikely there was anything untoward or they wouldnt be dragging their feet.

On a positive note, lost half a pound at fat club. Would have been more but i was wearing my heavy boob!!! LOL

Stay well everyone.

Linda

Guest user
Not applicable

You are all in my thoughts - had a tough 2 days back at work. Such a strange contrast between haven and work.

Love and Hugs

Clare X

Great news on your appointment, Val. Sorry to hear that J isn't well enough for a visit - thinking of you all.

Glad to hear that your appointment was fine, Carole, and that you're getting what you want. Always a bit annoying to be told less than you already know. I'm impressed that they are being so sensible about fitting in the pre-op while you wait between injection and scan.

Good luck for your US, Helen, and getting a suitably dishy sonographer!

Theresa, I posted out a load of Ashbourne photo CDs for those not at Springhill or London meets this afternoon and one was to you. The last few will go tomorrow or Thursday. Sorry it took so long everyone, gathering them in took some time and then I was sorting and as well as the photos I've done a quicktime movie. I've now started on the Springhill photos and some from the various other meets.

Sounds like you get away just in time, Martina. It was so good to meet you at least and lovely to have you as a room-mate.

Pleased that you got such good news, Jacq.

Nicky, did you get any answer on the progesterone question yesterday?

Like you, Rosie, I'm glued to the TV!

Love to all,
Eliza xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Way hay, glad it was good news for you Val, big (((hug))) re J though.

Great pics from everyone on FB from the weekend.

I'm currently being a sad bunny, glued to BBCNews Channel waiting to see what's going to happen on the political front... lol!
Rx

I'm back and NED is still my friend :)The tumour marker was 21[22 last year]and other blood results normal or 'excellent'.'Poke and grope' by onc was also very reassuring-no enlarged nodes,lungs 'hollow',no tenderness in spine or liver so that's me.
May the rest of you have good results too.
We are off out for a meal later to celebrate a little.My next appt in late October[mammo etc] will be exactly 4 years post op.Onwards and upwards eh.
Thanks for all the support-no good news of j-not well enough for a visit 😞
Love Valxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hello to you all
weekend away sounds like it was a hoot!
Val, been thinking of you - not surprised that reality is feeling too harsh, sometimes it is just very harsh, isn't it?
Carole, thinking of you as well, hope all the tests are clear and you can move on with a treatment plan quickly.
Good luck to all those with tests and checks coming up
monica xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Head high Val. SRs do appointments with grit and determination! Praying for J.

Quick catch up - got loads of work to do.

Plastic appointment went fine, apart from having to listen to the same blurb twice over, and I knew more than I was told anyway. Sheesh! Anyway, getting exactly what I want. B/C cup via tissue expansion (silicone and saline). Which means I am now embarking on a proper fat reduction programme or I'm going to look pretty silly! Bone scan next tomorrow, and pre-op to kill the time between the injection and the scan.

And another ultrasound. You're just hoping for more slinky docs Helen. Don't think we don't know. 😄

Fun, fun, fun, in the sun, sun, sun. Or it would be if the dangnabbit clouds would part!

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all...and what a lovely morning...hope it stops that way...

Martina it was great to see you all the way from the Emerald Isle...ha ha nearly wrote 'Emerald City' , but that would have made you Dorothy...

Val..you stay in bed love....good idea until your appt this afternoon. Hope its a reassuring appt....{{hugs}}

Carole..hope the plastic surgeon appt went well, or is it today. Hope he's as nice as mine is.....the bone scan is quite straight forward...usually. Glad things are getting sorted quite quickly for you....

Theresa love your SR layouts...so talented!!!
Sandra and the rest of the lymphomaniacs, what a pain to wear something like that...so glad they've given you a more comfy one to wear!! Way hey for the scone mobile!!

Hey there Jacq...well I did wonder about them giving you 3 tries at pre-op.hehehe have wondered about going blonder, but will stick to brown hair paint for now......What great news Jacq about your DX but what a flipping shame they didn't tell you when they found out...my lot are a bit like that...but I still rate them...

Ohh yes Sal ...the unveiling...it was great to have a shower and actually see it. It looks quite natural, or at least will when the brusing clears away. So a big tick for the finish of my recon...oh yeah!!!

Sheila how are you love? We did miss not seeing you...but I hope you kept that doctors appt...give me a ring if you want a chat, I can really relate to what you are going through at the moment!!!

Just got a phone call from x.ray dept. Having an ultrasound this Friday, to check out a small lump I found on my recon breast about 5wks ago. I told my Plastic surgeon about it on Friday...so he put me in for a scan. I think its more 'dead tissue', so not worried too much that its anything else...just hope the rest of my breast doesn't decide to up and 'die' on me!!!!hehehe

take care all with personal 'stuff'
And don't work too hard you workers out there!!!

Helenxx

Hi Val Hugs from me too. I know you are going to the hospital but not sure if it is for results or what. I hope you friend J is comfortable. It must be very upsetting for you to see her so distressed. take care Val....from Val
I love the photos of you all at the SR meet but not sure who everyone is in photos. I have only met Theresa, Carol, Monica and Lizzy so a wee bit confused. But the photos are great.